Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Way of the Wicked - a Tale of the Fall of Talingarde (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman


451 to 500 of 2,071 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Primordial Ooze

Oooh - Bad person to be Intimidating... plus there should be another -4 for trying it on someone bigger than you as well.
Just so you know I'm not making it up - have a look at Albina's spoiler

To Black Jack and Shendalyn Tiadora offers a predatory smile "Oh, you were invited" moving aside to let them through with Albrecht and Albina as well. To Grumblejack she purrs "You can come in also... as long as you promise to behave." getting a nod of assent before allowing the ogre within.

Her gaze then icily turns on Mi'Dre and you get a glimpse of her true nature as she lashes you verbally in Infernal "Poznať svoje miesto červa. Nikto sa uroniť slzu na vašej smrti... a tie neboli požadované." before slamming the door in your face.

Infernal:
"Know your place worm. None will shed a tear at your death... and you were not requested."

Mi'Dre Only:
You get a glimpse of tentacles extending from her head and a mass of writhing tentacles replacing her lithe legs. This is no mortal woman you seek to insult... but a Handmaiden Devil - far above you in Hell's heirarchy.

Everyone but Mi'Dre:
Tiadora is instantly composed when she turns to face you "The master commands all of you to appear before him but before that, you must be made presentable. Slaves!” Clapping her hands she is attended by a dozen young attractive men and women all wearing traditional servant’s livery, with their heads bowed. They seem enthralled by her presence and hang mutely on each word, desperate to please.

To the slaves she adds imperiously “These people are our guests, See them to their rooms. I want them cleaned, dressed and refreshed. Quickly.” Something in that last word that sounds like a threat. Certainly the slaves take it that way, moving to hustle you away from the entry chamber and into rooms beyond.

Up to you if you take umbrage at Mi'Dre's exclusion at this point - play your characters as you would normally. Mi'Dre's redemption in her eyes is not dependent on this moment.

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Albina will move to place her hand on Mi'Dre's shoulder. "Mi'Dre has proven most helpful in freeing us from our previous host's indelicate care, and I hope that it will be no trouble if he accompanies us further, as I am quite grateful for his assistance."

Meeting her sister's gaze, she continues, "His infernal rank may be quite low, but he has progressed further than my mortal self, and I would not wish to risk insult to the heirarchy itself by disrespecting even the smallest rung upon the ladder I aspire to climb."

Diplomacy, trying to suggest that Albina showing a shred of respect for Mi'Dre is a small reflection of the *great* respect she has for her 'sister.' Take 10 if possible, otherwise... 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Primordial Ooze

Ok - slight retcon of sequence:

  • Mi'Dre intimidates
  • Tiadora reacts
  • Albina entreats her to re-consider

So the slamming of door didn't occur.

Tiadora's eyes remain col and her face does not change. She tells Albina "See to yourself milady..." ushering you within "I need to have words with the whelp alone"

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Albina bows her head respectfully to Tiadora, and gives Mi'Dre's shoulder a squeeze, attempting to draw his gaze.

If she does meet his eyes, she attempts to encourage him to 'play nice,' whispering in his ear as she turns to follow Tiadora's directive.

To Mi'Dre;

Spoiler:
"I'll take you over ten of Grumblejack, please stay."


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

I didn't know what she was exactly, but am somewhat aware of her role in the rp. Still, he has a 6 charisma so gotta try and play it :p

Mi'Dre attempts to keep his feet, but at the glimpse he had just caught and the knowledge of what she is his legs collapse beneath him. He cringes on his knees, and then falls to grovel in the dust, completely unable to respond to Albina's words of encouragement. If she allowed him to leave after that he would count himself lucky to have survived such an insult.

Infernal:
F-forgive me lady. I di-did not know...
he stammers.


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

Stepping in without hesitation Gurthock plods along behind Shendalyn is simply happy to be near civilization.


Antipaladin lvl 3

Black Jack enters the house with a nod of appreciation to their hostess. He follow the slaves with a smile in his face.


Primordial Ooze

The compliant slaves lead you silently and efficiently up and through the manor house to an individual room. The accommodation is a far cry from the comforts of Branderscar and each has a large bed and writing table, as well as a private room for ablutions and bathing.

Waiting in a neat pile atop the bed is a set of freshly laundered clothes in the style of a Talingardian noble. The slave that guided you also indicates the wash-room where a steaming bath has been set, before leaving you to your ablutions.

Shortly after each of you is delivered unto the room, a servant brings a platter of fresh fruit, bread, cheese and a jug of iced water.

You note that Grumblejack is led off on his own for now, while Mi'Dre is detained at the entrance by your host.

Mi'Dre:
Tiadora approaches your prostate form, placing one foot upon your neck and forcing you flat to the ground. Speaking in the throes of cold hatred and in Infernal "That is but a start devil of the Lesser host. You are lucky that I do not tear out your throat... but my master would not be pleased if I upset our guests... You may live, for now... though let your mistress know that your behaviour will reflect upon her" releasing her foot from Mi'Dre's back and walking away without adding any further words.

A servant then takes Mi'Dre up and to Albina's room. Delivering the gaav in silence before leaving you alone for the moment.


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Spoilered just in case

Mi'Dre:
Mi'Dre doesn't resist, simply sprawling in the dust as Tiadora steps on his neck, doing his best to remain completely still, terror pumping through his veins. Even after he feels the foot removed he remains sprawled there, starting when the slave arrives to show him to Albina's room> His muscles are slow to respond, but with the slave's help he makes it to Albina's room and curls up, shivering beside the bed.

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Albina sheds the equipment stolen from the guards, tucking it beneath the bed, or otherwise out of sight, in case the hunting party makes it as far as these rooms. She quickly soaks herself in the tub, forgoing the pleasure of an extended bath, and dries herself, dressing herself in the clean clothing provided, while discarding whatever rags remain of the simple tunic she wore in the prison.

Mi'Dre enters in the midst of her ablutions, but she pays him little heed, save to glance and verify that he bears no fresh scars from his private audience with 'sister dearest.'


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Not physically scarred, but certainly shaken up. The devil slowly starts to unfurl after a few moments of quiet, not seeming at all phased about Albina's state. "Sh-she's not your sister..." he mutters, shivering. "She said that you'll be responsible for my behaviour..." He didn't particularly like the current position he found himself in, but with what had happened... He was grateful for Albina's help earlier, and already had a healthy respect for her, so he didn't want to cause her any problems...

He slowly gets onto his knees and prostrates himself on the floor, though not with the same fear as earlier. "Mistress Albina... I owe you a debt."

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

"Rise, Mi'Dre. We owe each other debts, for without your work at the lock, we would still hang in chains. If you feel it necessary to grovel before the one who calls herself Tiadora, that is fine, and probably quite wise..., but I have not yet earned such obeisance." Albina says, picking at the clothing, attempting to remember how to carry herself as a proper lady of station and bearing, and not a whipped thing, in fear for her life.

"I spoke my mind, when I noted that, as even the lowest rank of devilkind, you are further along the left-hand path than I, and deserve at least a modicum of respect from we who are yet mortal."

"Tiadora, further along that path than either of us, would therefore deserve even more respect, and I should probably have warned you that she was more than she appeared..."


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Hmm, should probably roll to see if Mi'Dre actually knows anything about what Tiadora is... Kn: Planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Wow, Nat 20... I still don't think that's enough :p

Mi'Dre slowly raises his head, frowning. Albina had just proven she wasn't a Devil right there... Even if she wouldn't acknowledge it however, he still owed her, and he would not forget that. Mi'Dre would normally agree with Albina's thoughts but he was still feeling humbled from the display with Tiadora.

"Well. Even so it seems that I must rely on you. Have you been told anything yet?" he asks at last, if a Devil of Tiadora's stature was involved then he was certain he could benefit from it somehow, assuming he didn't piss her off any more. He stood, finally having recovered it seemed. He glanced at the still steaming bath, he doubted it would make much difference, unless Albina wanted him to anyway...


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

Meanwhile...I'll have an appropriately long and interesting post sunday.


Primordial Ooze

About thirty minutes after you arrive to your room a servant returns with a card, handing it to you and waiting patiently for any response.

The card reads:
I am pleased to find that you have accepted my invitation. I am eager to meet with you and discuss what we might achieve together, but that can wait for tonight. Until then, rest well - and if there is anything that might make your stay more comfortable, please ask of the servants.
Yours,
Cardinal Adrastus Thorn

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Albina paces, unwilling to relax, still remembering the sounds of the hounds in the distance, and irrationally afraid that she's going to wake up and still be in chains.

She nibbles at one of the fruit, absently, and at the explosion of flavor, by comparison to the gruel they had been fed in Brandescar, finds herself stuffing fruit into her mouth like a starving beggar-child, heedless of the mess she makes, or her 'un-lady-like' demeanor.

She's fairly certain Mi'Dre won't fault her lack of table manners. :)


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Mi'Dre meanwhile does in fact climb into the tub, though he doesn't spend much time there, finding the experience... odd. He climbs out of it again a few short minutes later and walks dripping over to the fire, into which he reaches and grabs a handful of coals, proceeding to rub them over most of his body, apparently quite enjoying that as compared to the bath.

Once he's done with that he just turns to look at Albina gobbling up fruit, grabbing a piece himself and then looking at it distastefully. What he needed was some meat! He didn't like his chances of getting it however, so he simply bites into the orange he's holding, grimacing at the taste as he starts to eat it, skin and all.


Primordial Ooze

When you're ready for the meeting - throw up a post stating that you call for a servant to take you through to it.

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Albina finally relaxes, and when she feels that the time is appropriate, based on this mysterious Cardinal's directive to meet 'tonight,' calls for a servant to escort herself and Mi'Dre to the scheduled meeting.

To Mi'Dre, "I suppose it is time to see what our hosts have in mind, diabolus. You may wish to sit near me and avoid Tiadora, as she seems to have a bit of a temper..."


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

You don't seem to have leveled up yet Albina :)

Mi'Dre nods twice, once as she speaks, and at suggestion that he sit near her. He wasn't keen to give Tiadora any excuse to punish Albina or assault him again, since there was very little he could do if she decided to. He waits until the servant arrives, and then falls into step a couple feet behind Albina.


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

Sorry it's been incredibly busy here and have only had time to do but the smallest updates.

Shendalyn noticed the clothes that were left on the bad while wearing a small scowl. House colors. More importantly his house colors. Either this was a carefully calculated insult or a foolish concession. Undressing himself from his beaten armor he turns to the servant.

"Ensure this gets laundered then bring me some food and drink and leave it in here."

Seeing Gurthock as if for the first time he says.

"Oh. You. Go home now I will call you again. Or rather I will try to call someone far more significant again."

With a growl and several rude gestures (only a few of which Shendalyn even recognized) Gurthock fled the plane leaving a little scorch mark on the carpet. Petty vengeance for the clothes but Shendalyn was too tired for pointless blind rage.

Settling into the warm bath he considered his current situation and his current hosts. There was no doubt as to their resources. Simply stepping into the home was enough to convince Shendalyn that they were no less than significant. But what of their host? Beautiful as a lightning storm and just about as trustworthy. He would not mind bedding her. Repeatedly. At the same time he could not guarantee he would not wake up to a bed full of snakes and swords.

There was the woman called Albina. A delicious honey pot that one was. Sophisticated, polite, calm, and seeming assembled purely to entice the eye. Unfortunately she dedicated herself to the wrong sort of god. Worse still she treated the gaav with respect and some form of trust. In his experience this was foolish in the extreme. All a devil could be trusted to do was be a devil. The fact that this particular Gaav appeared unbound only reinforced the idea that someone should bind him. But perhaps he was misjudging the woman. Her simply politeness and understanding of the lesser creature was perhaps her own way of binding the creature.

What of the other two? Black Jack seemed the salt of the earth type more concerned with his net meal than grand designs. Maybe. He also seemed a touch unstable. Hidden agendas and layers in that one. Perhaps worth befriending on the condition that they remain in the front.

Albrecht however. Albrecht might be a problem. Stern man, used to command, that was obvious. Trouble was he'd probably face down a pit fiend and try to bend him to his will. Probably why he ended up in prison. He'll have to stay forward of him and preferably far away lest he find himself in the radius of some nasty spell laid on him by something he annoyed. Still such a man had his uses best not to antagonize him more than necessary. Perhaps he'll learn a touch of humility.

Yeah, right, perhaps at the point where Shendalyn learned chastity, abstinence, modesty, and shame.

He finished his bath and stretched out giving a loud yawn. He was exhausted. Still he took his meal silently trying not to brood too much on the past few weeks or on anything beyond that. Dwelling on the past would be a bit too much. No need to think about the spilling of guts, the taste of the gore, the cries of the children, the face of his wife looking on him with terror and....

With an exasperated sigh Shendalyn pushed his half finished plate away from himself and pinched the bridge of his nose. Right, first we meet this cardinal. Joy, probably an Asmodean priest by the way things have been going. One who managed to dodge the purges though? Given the resources he'd seen so far that can't be too far fetched. Chances are he'd demand fealty, some servitude, bow scrape, play your part, say your lines, smile, be polite, f!#% his wife while he's in the next room patting himself on the back for his own cleverness. Loyalty as necessary, treachery with no chance of backlash, such were the rules of nobility that Talingarde and by extension Chelia had lived by for countless decades.

Then there was the other problem. He was supposed to be a gateway. A living door to the hells that he could open and close at will. In a sense this was true. But he could only summon animals, beasts, only a few weeks ago he could summon fiery, lustful erinyes who tried to make him give up his soul even as they rode him through the night. Good times that. But also expensive, time consuming, and thrilling right up until the moment you looked at the house's accounts. It should come easily. Perhaps this Gurthock creature would know more. They would have words later. Once he had learned just how he worked he could get to the business of getting his family back. No matter what got in his way.

Clothes on he checked himself in the mirror. Trimmed beard, sharp clothes, sword at his side. Yes, good to go, for now.

Sticking his head out of the room he called one of the slaves over. "Take me to your master, you true master. The one who leaves notes on peoples beds."


Primordial Ooze

At the time appointed you are lead to a beautifully appointed office richly decorated with dark wood and sumptuous brocade tapestry. Sitting in a leather high-backed chair is a devilishly handsome fellow. Garbed in ceremonial robes of black that bear Asmodeus' sigil, he is bald and had deeply wary and judging eyes. He gives but the barest greeting as you arrive waiting for all to be assembled before speaking. Mi'Dre notes however that he is generally ignored as the man speaks.

Smirking he starts “I believe you to be the first to ever escape from Branderscar Prison. Well done! Of course, you had some modicum of help from without” raising his glass of wine as a toast. “But enough with the pleasantries. You must be curious why I have helped you and had you brought to me. Rest assured that this is no act of altruism and neither is it random. You are here for a reason. My name is Cardinal Adrastus Thorn and I am the last high priest of Asmodeus left on the island of Talingarde. Once the Prince of Nessus was rightly and openly revered. Now, the king of Talingarde has become a puppet to Iomedean fanatics who wish to destroy any religion that does not bow to their insipid goddess."

Blood up Thorn leans forward in his seat as he sermonises “For their blasphemy, I will see the same people who imprisoned and condemned you suffer. I understand what you went through for I have faced it myself.” With that, he pulls down the sleeve of his robe and reveals his own runic ‘F’ brand. “I will burn Talingarde to the ground and from it's bloodied ashes I will build a new nation that knows its rightful master. But I cannot do this alone. For this I seek servants worthy of our Infernal Father’s majesty. I wonder... have I found them in you?”

He rises and his eyes flash with hellfire and divine purpose “Join me! Serve me well in this holy endeavor and I will raise you up in the eyes of gods and men. I will make you princes of the new Talingarde. Today, swear fealty to me and to Asmodeus."

Finger piston-like as it thrusts to emphasize his points “Put aside forgiveness and I shall give you vengeance. Put aside mercy and be made powerful. Put aside peace and become my harbingers of war. What say you? Will you swear allegiance or will you burn with the rest of the blind fools?”


Antipaladin lvl 3

After a good meal and a bath Jack Grieves follows the servent to the meeting. The noble cloths felt strange to his skin but pleasant. He could get use to that, he could get used to that indeed.

As the meeting goes on he wonder.
A high priest of Asmodeus! Never though I would live to see one in Talingrade. HA. The man asks me to put aside nothing that I have not already gave away, it seems an easy choice. But where is the catch?...
A question for later, while on the presence of the infernal courts somethings are better not to be even though.

My lord, it would be my honor to serve. You have my sword. the blackguard says while getting up from his sit and bending the knee.


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

First Shendalyn had to stop himself from laughing. Than he had to stop himself from making a smart remark. Instead he shurgged and bowed his head and smiled. "With such an array of choices my lord how can anyone with any sense refuse?"

Oh I will have such fun with you.

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Albina allows herself to be caught up in the dark victories that Cardinal Thorn proposes, and her eyes grow misty as she dreams of visiting horrors upon those fools who threw her in Brandescar.

And the moment passes, as she realizes that, were he recruiting the likes of them as his agents, Cardinal Thorn must be utterly bereft of more powerful or connected allies...

As he speaks of servants, she wills her expression not to falter. Let the tall tree stand proud, she thinks. The lightning comes.

I would be honored to serve the plans of the King of Hell, my lord, and yourself, his representative on Talingarde.


Primordial Ooze

Adrastus nods confirmation at your words and turns his gaze to Albrecht... and also reluctantly to Mi'Dre.


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

First of all, a general sizing up of the Admiral (Sense Motive): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Not enough to really learn anything significant...

Mi'Dre slinks in behind Albina, and lurks a short distance behind her, unable to shake the image of a whipped dog cowering away from it's assailant. It takes a great deal of restraint for the vindictive little devil to remain silent during the Admiral's speech, and when he finishes the Devil simply hunches down, keeping his place.

At the reluctant look from Thorn his lips twitch momentarily to a sneer, before settling into a frown as he considers the offer. He was already sworn to Asmodeus of course, but who was this man? A Devil of Tiadora's stature serving him however is proof enough that he is who he says he is.

Infernal:
"I will serve to further the cause of the Prince of Darkness upon this land, wretched as it is."
the devil utters as he kneels.


Primordial Ooze

Mi'Dre:
You sense power within the man, but cannot penetrate the inscrutable facade.

As you all accede to his request, Thorn's mouth curls into a wicked grin "Excellent. Let us make it official." snapping his fingers and Tiadora comes from outside bearing a wooden platter that has a bone quill, a silver ritual knife and two copies of a contract written on a leathered paper and written in dark red ink.

Contract Wording:
Behold on this day in the eighth age of this world a perpetual Compact is made between Cardinal Adrastus Thorn (hereafter the Master) and those who would be bound to him as his acolytes (hereafter the Bound). Both the Master and the Bound shall hold fast and true to this Compact through all trial and tribulation. By blood and soul the Bound commit to the Compact and swear that it shall never be undone.

The Bound shall know and understand the Four Loyalties.

The First Loyalty is to their patron and god – mighty Asmodeus, first among the fallen, prince of the nine hells, our father below. They shall do all that can be done to further his worship and his glory.

The Second Loyalty is to their master – He who is called the Cardinal Adrastus Thorn, High Priest of Asmodeus in Talingarde. They shall do the Master no harm and obey his every commandment as long as those commandments do not clash with their First Loyalty.

The Third Loyalty is to their companions – the other Bound who serve alongside them. The Bound shall deal with each other fairly and honorably as long as doing so does not clash with their first or second loyalties. All treasure, wealth and reward garnered in their exploits will be equally shared with all of the Bound who aided in its acquisition.

The Fourth Loyalty is to themselves – for Asmodeus is the Lord of Ambition and all who serve him should strive to become great and powerful in his service as long as doing so does not clash with their first, second or third loyalties. By their weakness, ye shall know the unworthy.

The Bound swear that they cleave to and uphold the Four Loyalties even in the face of death and damnation. The Master swears that as long as the Four Loyalties are upheld, he shall reward the Bound as they deserve for their deeds.

Thus it is written, and thus it shall be. We being of sound mind and free will do so swear and let they who violates this Compact know all the wrath of Hell unending.
Signed,
_________

He gives you some moments to look over the contract before adding "Signing in blood is traditional.”


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Mi'Dre leans over the contract, carefully reading it. He was no genius but he was a devil, and reasonably intelligent for one of his kind. He leans back, considering once he has done, running things over in his mind. The third loyalty was interesting; he certainly had no qualms with Albina, and Shendalyn, though arrogant seemed quite competent. Jack and Albrecht however, though they had shown themselves as able fighters from what he'd seen, had made little impression otherwise. The second loyalty was the most troubling for him however, but serving those more powerful was the primary means of advance for a Devil as lowly as he...

The devil allowed the others to sign first if any showed the inclination, but eventually he held his hand up and slit his palm with a claw, disdaining both knife and quill to add his symbol to the parchment, a disappointingly small and simple thing. One day it would be great... He eyes Shendalyn distrustfully as he steps away from the parchment as he licks the blood dripping from his palm.

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

The contract is a slippery thing, Albina recognizes, and leaves far too much to the whims of the Cardinal. 'Rewarded as they deserve,' indeed. she thinks, suspicion in full bloom. And yet, the First Loyalty does provide some wiggle room for working against the Cardinal, if his own ambitions can be portrayed as in conflict with the greater glory of Asmodeus himself...

Nothing for it then. she thinks, before speaking aloud. "This is the path that lies before me, and I walk it with eyes open."

She draws a deep breath, and jabs the smallest finger of her left hand, using the drop of blood that wells forth to scrawl her name beside Mi'Dre's infernal sigil.


Primordial Ooze

Black Jack and Shendalyn?


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

Just trying to figure out how to infernally lawyer my way into the contract without being subsequently annihilated.


Primordial Ooze

Heh - at this point it's just sign and hope :P


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Or roll up a new character :p Come on slowpokes!


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

Shendalyn hesitates and reads the contract carefully. He considered it carefully. He must not know. He can't not with such a juicy loophole as that. If he knew just how....connected I was to his dark master. Best not to let on then. Best not to point out prior obligations.

"Seems awfully melodramatic." Shendalyn says picking up the knife talking as he goes through the procedure. "Rituals and virgin sacrifices are fine if you are a cult or just having a bit of fun but I don't think you brought us here just to dress in crimson robes and play at being devils. Well most of us just playing anyway."


Primordial Ooze

Assuming that Black Jack does indeed also sign.

After your signatures are added Thorn takes the contract, and checks the blood has dried before carefully rolling it. "Excellent... together we will tear down that which has been built and return the dark lord to his rightful place. I will see you again soon... but until then, please enjoy the courtesies available" with that he moves from the room with the contract and Tiadora ushers you back towards your rooms.

Mi'Dre is grudgingly brought to a room of his own this time.

___________________________________

The next day you awake to find that a slave of the opposite sex is standing patiently just outside your closed door with a question "Mistress has asked if there was anything that you longed for... and if there was any equipment that you needed?" the slave is attractive, and you wager willing if that were your intent "Breakfast will be served in the hall at the hour of ten."

You each have a 200gp budget for additional gear that can be bought for you and brought. This also gives you a chance to sell any items that you liberated from the mine and use that extra cash for purchases.


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

"Long for?" Shendalyn says looking the slave up and down. "Have a friend? Or two?"


Antipaladin lvl 3

Black Jack had a troubled night, it bothered him to sign yet another mortgage of his soul. His dreams were dark and he could not remember them in the morning.
Another choice where there were no choice. He reflected after waking up. But what was there for him outside in the world? A life of poverty on some far away land if he got lucky, but probably just a noose. ...no choice at all..

It was a glad surprise to find the slave girl at his doorstep.

I will have a list for you soon, but come he says while opening the bedroom door for her to enter you will be enough for now. smilling.


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

This makes me wonder if Mi'Dre even has genitals... :p

Mi'Dre nods to himself approvingly as he is shown to a room separate from Albina's. He is not so shortsighted as to forget his former treatment and the obvious disdain from Tiadora and his new Master however, resolving to 'lay low' until he has a better understanding of their situation and what was intended for them.

Once he's settled in he does inquire about Grumblejack, pondering the beast, his potential uses, and why he was omitted from the contract they just signed when he himself was not. If possible he arranges to go down to visit the tainted ogre himself in the morning, to satisfy his curiosity, and find out what had happened to the chest the ogre had carried.

After awakening to find an attractive slave-woman outside his door he pauses for a moment, allowing a smile to slowly cross his lips, before shaking his head, remembering his decision from last night. "No, not unless you can find some quality armor that will accommodate me. Studded leather?" he doubted they would have any such thing, but you never knew. "For now I wish to be taken to the ogre." he informed the woman, and assuming she knew his location, following her to him, trying to get some feel of the house now that he was more relaxed to do so.


Primordial Ooze

All shenanigans desired are consummated off-screen... except for Mi'Dre... no-one wants to ponder tiny devil balls...

The slave is confused at the request for armor but nods her assent to try. Mi'Dre is then brought to Grumblejack's room to find the ogre snoring cacophonously on the bed. His wounds look freshly treated and based on the detritus in the room you think he's drunk a half keg of ale and eaten the best part of a whole roast goat.

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Albina makes a list of items that she would like brought to her. Which I'll make later. Just on for a bit between work and work. Definitely will include a couple of spell component pouches!

To the implied other offering, she'll give an appraising look, and say, "You'll do." and invite the slave in. "To start, I could really use a massage..."

And to think, those self-righteous Iomedan prigs will probably outlaw slavery, if allowed to dig their roots in, if they haven't already. They have no respect for our traditions, no understanding of how important slavery is in keeping society from descending into anarchy as those less suited to independent action fall into the usual sorts of depravity and indolence that follows idleness. she thinks, getting herself a bit worked up over how these Iomedan upstarts are upending everything that society has accomplished over the centuries with their ridiculous and unnatural ideas of making the same laws apply to very different classes of people.


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Mi'Dre looks at Grumblejack snoring away and lets out an annoyed grunt, helping himself to a small bit of the goat, checking the lockbox is there and still intact, before turning and leaving. It wouldn't be worth the effort trying to deal with the ogre while he was hung over and tired.

If the slave is still following he dismisses her, and just starts to wander/sneak around the house, spending his time exploring and looking for anything of interest.


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

Now i'm going to see what I can do with two hundred gold


Primordial Ooze

Just remember you've a breakfast appointment

Mi'Dre finds that while the manor house is open... it is also closed. Some areas are barred from your access by locks you wager beyond your abilities. You also ken that you are not alone, there looks to be another group staying here at present.

You find the kitchen, dining hall, library and a training room among the points of interest.


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Ooh, does he learn anything about the other group at all? He will try to do so if possible.

Mi'Dre found more or less what he expected, although the discovery that there was another group within the house was something of a suprise. He spent some time trying to spy on them and learn what he could of these others and the reason for their presence, before retiring to the training room, with the remembrance that there had been two contracts the night previous. It was an interesting thought that there might be another group, potential competition, and the contract had said nothing about that... With a malicious grin he went to work on one of the training dummy's stretching out muscles, still sore from the beatings of the previous day, but pushing through the discomfort and pain, trying to push his body to recover all the more swiftly, while his wings remained disappointingly unresponsive...


Primordial Ooze

You'll meet the others at breakfast :P


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

awww, lame :p


Antipaladin lvl 3

After Jack is done with the slave girl he sends her away. He awakes early and lazily checks the house before breakfast. He goes through the training room and the library, looking for what kind of weapons and training are done there and what type of books are avaible in the library.


Primordial Ooze

The training room is a relatively empty space with some racks of wooden weapons and a target dummy or two. The library is filled predominately with mundane books of history and nobility, though you do notice that many predate the fall of Asmodean worship and would be quite valuable for that fact.

The breakfast table is set for nine, with fruits, breads, juices and kahve placed upon it. As you arrive you find four seats already filled. The other guests are: A beautiful human woman with long blonde hair and a haughty expression, a hulking half-elf man that has brought his greatsword with him even to breakfast, and two human males whose appearances are close enough to each other to give them away as twins. All four have silver Asmodean holy symbols around their neck and bear a circlet of wrought iron upon their head, and their dress suggests that they have been brought down from the cold Northern ranges.

The woman regards you coldly before hmphing and continuing her repast without greeting you. The others follow her lead in not being the first to speak, though one of the twins eyes flicker furtively and he half-smiles as though enjoying a joke only he can hear. Tiadora is not yet present, but you wager that she will fill the ninth seat... as it sits at the tables head.


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Mi'Dre pauses from destroying one of the dummys as Jack enters, simply giving the human a slight nod of recognition. He brushes off the slivers of wood from his efforts and then heads back to his room, taking another 'coal bath' to get ready for breakfast.

It seemed he was the first to arrive, at least of their group, finding four strangers already seated. He pauses as he enters, taking in the other people he had located in their rooms previously, noting the identical adornments. As he moves to take a seat-the furthest from the head of the table still unoccupied-he begins to concentrate, before looking the four over again, this time with an eye to examine their magical auras.

Yay for spell-like abilities :) That's a detect magic btw

451 to 500 of 2,071 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM VoV: Way of the Wicked - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.