Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Way of the Wicked

Game Master Whack-a-Rogue

"Lord's Dalliance" Inn
Aldencross
Watchtower Balentyne


951 to 1,000 of 1,018 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

"Well this poses a problem for I am no thief..."

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

"Then just return it when we are done....." Erick shrugs, waving off the entire conversation as he opens the door.


Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

Zyxtyvia points to the locked doors...

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

Erick points to the unlocked door at the end of the hall. "Need to find the keys." He whispers. "I cant open 'em"


Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

"Well then, open that door at the end of the hallway. I am right behind you."
she then casts mage armor upon herself.


RoW Map

Map is updated. Avatars are not to scale.

On the other side of the door is a long passageway that's obviously the main artery of this level of the Watchtower. Numerous doors line both sides, and servants and guards bustle to and fro. To the west are a set of large double doors that are guarded by a pair of vigilant soldiers. They're currently open, and you can see the town of Aldencross in the distance. To the east lies a pair of heavy doors banded with iron and guarded by a single sentry.


Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

just for clarity, Zyx is disguised as a peasant girl with a basket in her hands with empty bowls and spoons, I take it Erick is disguised as a guard?


RoW Map

That's my understanding - although it would be better if Zyxtyvia was dressed as a servant. Otherwise the guards may get curious as to why a random peasant is wandering around the castle.


Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

that is fine. a castle servant will suffice for the ruse.

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

Turning around a small bit Erick smiles and whispers. "Let's try the unguarded ones first."

Erick moves into the hallway and immediately heads to one of the unattended doors to the south. He keeps his eyes forward and walks with a renewed purpose as he opens the door.


Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

Zyxtyvia waits a few moments before stepping through the doorway after Erick...

"...why do I have to go around cleaning up everyone's messes..." she mutters to herself like minions do griping about their workload...
Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

and she keeps her head down like a good servant when passing the soldiers...


RoW Map

Multiple servants are busily bustling around this kitchen, pantry, and mess hall. A large chimney in the kitchen vents upward, and the large pantry is full of various foodstuffs. Of course, due to the large number of soldiers, it needs to be restocked every few days.

Unless she has a really good excuse, Zyxtyvia will be stuck in here for a while as the head cook puts her on potato peeling duty.

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

Grabbing an apple Erick chomps on it and hands the basket to his homely castle servant woman to carry.

"Boss said he wanted some of these to pass out to the children. Follow me." He says as he shoves the basket of apples into Zyx's hands. Leaving the kitchen Erick moves west to the next door as he gives the pair of guards a nod and tosses them an apple from the basket.


RoW Map

That'll get the two of you out of the castle so you can rejoin Marvin/Celestine. On another note, I'll be traveling for a few days and won't have computer access. I'll be able to do short RP posts as needed, but any dice rolling on my end will have to wait until Friday-ish.

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

The door to the south of the guards also leads out of the castle?


RoW Map

Sorry, I got confused. I'll update when I get back.


RoW Map

This room is stocked almost to the ceiling with all the common equipment necessary to keep the Watchtower running. There are large stocks of torches, rope, nails, pitch, lamp oil, lumbar, bricks, and mortar here.


Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

Zyxtyvia points to the lamp oil and then to the other flammable items in here. "It would be terrible if this room ever caught fire during some sort of emergency." she says quietly


RoW Map

I should probably check in with Celestine/Marvin to see what they're doing right now. After all, this castle infiltration's turned out to be more in-depth than I'd anticipated.


Male Human Shifter 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:18; T:13; FF:16; CMD:20 (22 Grapple) | Fort:+7; Ref:+7; Will:+6 (+2 vs. sleep or paralysis) | Int:+2; Perc:+14
Limited Use Abilities:
Spell Pool: 5/8
Buffs:
+3 Armor, +1 Deflection, +1 Shield (3 hours)

I've been really busy with work, so I'm happy just reading along for now. Zyx and Erick side adventure time!

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

Sorry. If this castle tower is that big I can turn back if I am sidetracking. Trying to look for a good place to strike but have to learn the layout first.

Erick smiles. "Leave it to Marvin." Erick turns around and opens the door to the north. He smiles again at the guards. "Always getting turned around in here." Quickly he snaps his fingers. "Girl! Go grab that rope like I said. He needed rope!"


RoW Map

This great room is filled with 60 wooden bunks, each with two small chests pushed underneath them. There are over a dozen off-duty soldiers here, resting, playing cards, or otherwise relaxing. To the east, you can see the vestuary, where the living spaces for Balentyne's priests reside.

Zyxtyvia will be questioned if she enters. Erick, meanwhile, will be invited to play cards.

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

"I'll play later guys. Would love to get a game or two in but need to get this servant girl to her room." He chuckles as he grabs Zyx by the arm and leads her along back down the hall to the next door.

Seeing a door at the end of the room Erick pauses. "Wait here a moment girl." He moves across and opens the door.


RoW Map

That's the vestuary I mentioned. XD


Incanter 4 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 12 [16]; T: 12 [13]; FF: 10 [14]; CMD: 13; MSD: 15 | Fort: 2; Ref: 3; Will: 4 | Int: +8; Perc: +4 | Drawbacks: Somatic x2
Daily Abilities:
Sphere Points: 10/12 (Celestine always pays 2 SP for Rahmiel in the morning)

Celestine was waiting back where they'd had the meeting... quietly ready to make a quick getaway if things look like they've gone horribly wrong. XD

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

Ah ok.

Erick grabs Zyx by the arm and leads her back down the hallway. "This way girl..." Reaching the set of double doors he nods to the guard before entering. "Go on now. Give the man an apple."


Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

Underneath the disguise Zyxtyvia is fuming at being treated so roughly by Erick but maintains her composure for the ruse to work...


RoW Map

Outside, you find the 100ft-long bridge that spans the River Tyburn and connects the gatehouse to the Watchtower. To the north and west is Lake Tarik (you crossed this to get to Aldencross from the Frozen North). To the south and east, the river cuts a deep canyon all the way to (eventually) the ocean. From what you've been told, this is the only safe crossing for many miles. The bridge is very old but is made of dwarven stonework and remains extremely sturdy. At the moment, several servants are busily using ropes and buckets to pull fresh water from the river. The last 20ft of the bridge consists of a heavy wooden drawbridge. At the moment, it's raised, preventing access to the gatehouse. Above you, you can see the aptly-named Bridge of Death. Constantly guarded and full of murder holes, it overlooks the entire span, and you can clearly see that anyone on this lower bridge has no way of avoiding near-certain death from those above if hostilities are initiated.

You've managed to learn the layout of 1/4-1/3 of the Watchtower. :-) Unless you plan on exploring the upper levels (which, by now, will require a decent story and accompanying Bluff check), you've seen all you can for the moment - unless you want to try to get into people's personal rooms.
------------------------------------
Regarding the Cardinal's objective, both the "Bridge of Death" and drawbridge will need to be taken into account when Sakkarot's army attacks. After all, Balentyne is obviously well-defended, so anything that simplifies the horde's access will increase their chances of victory.


Incanter 4 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 12 [16]; T: 12 [13]; FF: 10 [14]; CMD: 13; MSD: 15 | Fort: 2; Ref: 3; Will: 4 | Int: +8; Perc: +4 | Drawbacks: Somatic x2
Daily Abilities:
Sphere Points: 10/12 (Celestine always pays 2 SP for Rahmiel in the morning)

Do we have any information on how it's lowered? I can teleport in when they arrive if need be, and from a decent distance away.


RoW Map

Either via the Gatehouse or an upper level of the Watchtower. That's all you'll be able to determine without further exploration.

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

Erick turns around. "Let's get back with what we have seen. We will need someone a bit better at talking than me to reach the upper levels."

Erick turns around to return to the others and explain what all he found.


Incanter 4 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 12 [16]; T: 12 [13]; FF: 10 [14]; CMD: 13; MSD: 15 | Fort: 2; Ref: 3; Will: 4 | Int: +8; Perc: +4 | Drawbacks: Somatic x2
Daily Abilities:
Sphere Points: 10/12 (Celestine always pays 2 SP for Rahmiel in the morning)

"I see." Celestine mused as Erick returned. Now, how did she compliment him without sounding patronizing?

...

...

That might be harder than she wanted to admit, actually. Best to not say anything else, then. Besides, she was keen on hearing the opinions of the others.


Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

After the exploration with Erick Zyxtyvia goes off to be alone and lets the others talk among themselves for a bit.

After recomposing herself the elf re joins the group and asks "What next? Where do we explore next?"


Male Human Shifter 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:18; T:13; FF:16; CMD:20 (22 Grapple) | Fort:+7; Ref:+7; Will:+6 (+2 vs. sleep or paralysis) | Int:+2; Perc:+14
Limited Use Abilities:
Spell Pool: 5/8
Buffs:
+3 Armor, +1 Deflection, +1 Shield (3 hours)

"Hmm... we'll definitely need to do something about that bridge to let the horde into the castle. We'll need to permanently lower the drawbridge as well so it can't be raised while the horde charges across. As for the bridge, did you see how many defenders there were? Would it be possible for us to sneak in and attack the archers from the rear on the top level from inside the castle, and clear out the bridge's defenses? It would be temporary, but if we can get the army inside the castle, they won't be able to mount an organized resistance."

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

"We could probably take out the archers, though we couldn't make it up to the top levels as there was a guard at the door. One of you want to come back and sweet talk the guard so I can get past?"

Erick grows excited as he looks to each of his companions. "Come on! Let's have some fun in the tower. Come on! Come on! Come on!" He claps. "You know you wanna go back." He nudges Zyx in the ribs with his elbow as he gives a wink. "Get back in that servant girl's form and smile a bit."


Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

"I am thinking if we go back in to go disguised as soldiers so we can have more access."


Incanter 4 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 12 [16]; T: 12 [13]; FF: 10 [14]; CMD: 13; MSD: 15 | Fort: 2; Ref: 3; Will: 4 | Int: +8; Perc: +4 | Drawbacks: Somatic x2
Daily Abilities:
Sphere Points: 10/12 (Celestine always pays 2 SP for Rahmiel in the morning)

Celestine rubbed her chin as they mentioned the chain. She wasn't bad at hurting stuff with magic, but metals were sturdy, and resistant to many kinds of enchanted harm - there was a good chance that with all the time in the world, she still wouldn't be able to simply break it with her blasts... which meant they'd need to do something else. "Well, I can warp to the other side of any door that needs to be unlocked..." she mused.

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

"Either way we need to see the rest of the tower." Erick shrugs. "We need to find the leaders and 'speak' with them." He points his index and middle fingers in the air making quotes.


Male Human Shifter 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:18; T:13; FF:16; CMD:20 (22 Grapple) | Fort:+7; Ref:+7; Will:+6 (+2 vs. sleep or paralysis) | Int:+2; Perc:+14
Limited Use Abilities:
Spell Pool: 5/8
Buffs:
+3 Armor, +1 Deflection, +1 Shield (3 hours)

"And if an alarm is sounded during our 'conversation,' do you have a plan to escape the castle?"

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

Erick taps his hat of disguise. "Move into a room and alter our appearance quick."

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

Erick taps his head. "I'm a thinker. We need to do some drastic damage in that tower over the next 12-13 days or we are going to fail. That horde of walking furballs ain't gonna stand a chance. We need to get in there and start killing a lot of the leadership." Erick smiles at his smart and grand plan. "We can do it. I know we can...." He points a thumb as he nods at Celest. "Maybe not her, but hey we will make due and carry the group."

Erick gives a rousing speech.


Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

"What if we gain the measure of the castle leaders and prominent persons now. Do some spying on them and then gauge their abilities so that when the attack does commence we start the insider threat in the castle to cripple the leadership. If we do such acts now anyone who survives will get suspicious. and that may change their defensive plans too soon."


Incanter 4 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 12 [16]; T: 12 [13]; FF: 10 [14]; CMD: 13; MSD: 15 | Fort: 2; Ref: 3; Will: 4 | Int: +8; Perc: +4 | Drawbacks: Somatic x2
Daily Abilities:
Sphere Points: 10/12 (Celestine always pays 2 SP for Rahmiel in the morning)

Celestine just stared as Erick tapped his head, visibly struggling to stop herself from saying something snarky - especially after he pointed to her. It was true, she didn't excel at killing things directly - well, not if they were stronger than a peasant, because her magic would wipe them out just fine - but she had plenty of talents in other areas.

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

"They may get suspicious but we can keep changing out forms to new guards. They will never know. If we can mess up enough in that tower then there is no way they will have time to fix it before the furry clan attacks." Erick suggests.


Male Human Shifter 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:18; T:13; FF:16; CMD:20 (22 Grapple) | Fort:+7; Ref:+7; Will:+6 (+2 vs. sleep or paralysis) | Int:+2; Perc:+14
Limited Use Abilities:
Spell Pool: 5/8
Buffs:
+3 Armor, +1 Deflection, +1 Shield (3 hours)

"If you want any chance of success you'll need something big to distract the majority of the soldiers to thin the defenses a bit. From what you described, it's a busy place in there, and if fighting breaks out there would quickly be dozens of soldiers ready to kill or capture the rogue soldiers in their midst. I don't know about you, but I prefer not to return to Branderscar."

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

"That's why we be sneaky. Either way I am returning tomorrow with or without ya. Jest thought you all would want to have a bit of fun also...." Erick shrugs, disappointed that not more on board with his super stealthy plan.


RoW Map

I can advance another day whenever everyone's ready. As a reminder, Sakkarot's horde has just set up camp, so you have at most 14 days to launch the flare signaling that Balentyne's been destroyed and it's time for them to attack. You can signal them at any time, but if you take longer than 14 days, the horde will have dispersed, and your window of opportunity will have passed.


Male Human Shifter 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:18; T:13; FF:16; CMD:20 (22 Grapple) | Fort:+7; Ref:+7; Will:+6 (+2 vs. sleep or paralysis) | Int:+2; Perc:+14
Limited Use Abilities:
Spell Pool: 5/8
Buffs:
+3 Armor, +1 Deflection, +1 Shield (3 hours)

"Well, let's try starting a few fires in town late at night at least. That should draw some of the soldiers out, and make it easier to move about with all the bustle."


Male Human Shifter 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:18; T:13; FF:16; CMD:20 (22 Grapple) | Fort:+7; Ref:+7; Will:+6 (+2 vs. sleep or paralysis) | Int:+2; Perc:+14
Limited Use Abilities:
Spell Pool: 5/8
Buffs:
+3 Armor, +1 Deflection, +1 Shield (3 hours)

"Well, let's try starting a few fires in town late at night at least. That should draw some of the soldiers out, and make it easier to move about with all the bustle. Or we can follow our friendly innkeeper and see who he's been visiting. If we're lucky, it could be a high ranking official who we could take out quietly in the basement."


Incanter 4 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 12 [16]; T: 12 [13]; FF: 10 [14]; CMD: 13; MSD: 15 | Fort: 2; Ref: 3; Will: 4 | Int: +8; Perc: +4 | Drawbacks: Somatic x2
Daily Abilities:
Sphere Points: 10/12 (Celestine always pays 2 SP for Rahmiel in the morning)

Celestine can help with that, I think. What with her warping, she can get all over the place to ignite stuff and get out without much danger to herself. XD

951 to 1,000 of 1,018 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Do Evil Deeds All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.