Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Way of the Wicked

Game Master Whack-a-Rogue

"Lord's Dalliance" Inn
Aldencross
Watchtower Balentyne


1 to 50 of 1,018 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

RoW Map

Dot here when ready...

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

Evil Dot


Incanter 4 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 12 [16]; T: 12 [13]; FF: 10 [14]; CMD: 13; MSD: 15 | Fort: 2; Ref: 3; Will: 4 | Int: +8; Perc: +4 | Drawbacks: Somatic x2
Daily Abilities:
Sphere Points: 10/12 (Celestine always pays 2 SP for Rahmiel in the morning)

Slightly more evil dot


Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

ელოდება


Male Human Shifter 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:18; T:13; FF:16; CMD:20 (22 Grapple) | Fort:+7; Ref:+7; Will:+6 (+2 vs. sleep or paralysis) | Int:+2; Perc:+14
Limited Use Abilities:
Spell Pool: 5/8
Buffs:
+3 Armor, +1 Deflection, +1 Shield (3 hours)

Vile spot.


[HP 16/16 | AC 20; T 14; FF 16; CMD 15 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init: 3; Perc: 6] Half-Elf Vigilante 2; Gestalt Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1

The Black Spot.


RoW Map

I added a map of Talingarde and some common knowledge stuff to the Campaign Info tab.

GM Rolls:
Sholano: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Marvin: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Zyxtyvia: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Celestine: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Erick: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Linus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

And so you were captured for your wicked deeds and justly condemned. Perhaps at first, you weren’t sure of your destination. Perhaps you did not know where they sent criminals as wicked and as unrepentant as you. Soon enough you would learn your fate. You were thrown in a wagon, manacled and bound with other prisoners. You were hooded with a sackcloth bag. You were watched and ordered not to speak a word. Any disobedience was punished by a sharp knock to the head or in the gut. You could feel the movement of the wagon, but where were you headed?

Celestine:
Hooded and bound, there was little you could hear or see on your way into the prison. The wagon ride was rough and bumpy. The guards were impatient and loud. But you did hear something else ... the barking of a dog as the wagon came to a stop. And then they brought you, dragged you up stairs to your cell. Only then did they remove the hood and place you in chains....

Erick:
You remember nothing. You were knocked on the head shortly after you were thrown in the wagon and awaken, still a little groggy, in a cell. Where were you? What was this place? And how did you get here? You must admit, the details are all a bit fuzzy...

Linus/Marvin:
Hooded and bound, there was little you could see as you were brought to Branderscar prison. But you’ve always had sharp ears, and you remember hearing quite a bit. There was the cry of a sea gull. You must be near the ocean. The wagon came to a stop, and you heard the bark of a dog, which was quickly silenced by a command. That means a well-trained guard dog, and judging from the sounds you heard later, more than one. The wagon began moving again, and only a few minutes later did you arrive at your destination.

Sholano/Zyxtyvia:
Hooded and bound, you were led into a wagon. The hood was of rough sackcloth, and though you could see little, your other senses were sharp and more than made up for your partial blindness. You could hear the waves break on a rocky shore line. The wagon stopped, and you could hear the bark of a dog, instantly silenced by a command from a guard. There were well-trained guard dogs. You were led over a bridge, more than a hundred feet long. They switched back and forth and then stopped again, though only briefly. You could hear a portcullis being lifted at some sort of gatehouse. You heard soldiers on the wall of this castle, hailing the wagon. A password ... they exchanged a password though you could not hear what it was. Finally they removed you from the wagon. There were guards, mocking you as great double doors were opened. You were led upstairs... past more guards. There was the heavy thunk of a door being unlocked. Only then did they remove your hood and put you in your cell. You could smell the burning brazier nearby. You were about to be marked as one of the forsaken. Welcome to Branderscar prison...

Spellcasters/spherecasters: You're considered pinned, entangled, and experiencing vigorous motion. I believe that's three concentration checks to cast anything. Plus, there are guards in the wagon who are likely keeping a close eye on you... ;-)


Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

'...these fools think they can stop my revenge....i shall bide my time...i shall watch their movements...i shall exploit their mistakes...and soon i shall be free...free to continue what i started...i just need to remain calm...observe everything...and then strike when they least expect it...there are others in this cart with me...i wonder what they did...' Zyxtivia thinks to herself while remaining calm during the journey...

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

Erick shakes his head. It feels fuzzy a small things begins to come to him after several moments.

Was it a dream?

His eyes focus and he realizes that he is in a cell, his arms shackled together.

It must all be real. It all happened so fast. Erick smirks to himself.

Once again my family screwed up everything for me....... Of course the city takes their side....

Erick rolls to his side and cranes his neck about to look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Incanter 4 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 12 [16]; T: 12 [13]; FF: 10 [14]; CMD: 13; MSD: 15 | Fort: 2; Ref: 3; Will: 4 | Int: +8; Perc: +4 | Drawbacks: Somatic x2
Daily Abilities:
Sphere Points: 10/12 (Celestine always pays 2 SP for Rahmiel in the morning)

Celestine's smile was grim beneath her hood. She hadn't spoken on the way, preferring to avoid any chance of tipping the guards off about her abilities. This much was easily within her expectations. The key would be finding just the right moment to flaunt their weakness in their faces - she might need to burn a little energy to do it, but she'd long since figured out how to turn curses into blessings.

Let the Kingdom burn, and she'd dance through the ashes. The hypocrisy of this place disgusted her, and she was looking forward to showing them what real power was all about.


Male Human Shifter 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:18; T:13; FF:16; CMD:20 (22 Grapple) | Fort:+7; Ref:+7; Will:+6 (+2 vs. sleep or paralysis) | Int:+2; Perc:+14
Limited Use Abilities:
Spell Pool: 5/8
Buffs:
+3 Armor, +1 Deflection, +1 Shield (3 hours)

Marvin rode quietly as the wagon rolled along, his calm demeanor not betraying the turmoil within his mind.

Nothing. There was supposed to be nothing for me anymore. My moment of victory, then the swift justice that would send me to my wife and whatever else is in store for me. But now...

Now it's as if a fire has sprung to life within me. Not a spark of hope, but a roiling flame seeking to burn away the impurities in this land. Patience. Observe, and search for an opportunity, then seize it. Yes, that's what I must do if there's to be any chance. What irony that I had to be condemned to die to find new purpose in life. Hopefully it is not too late.


[HP 16/16 | AC 20; T 14; FF 16; CMD 15 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init: 3; Perc: 6] Half-Elf Vigilante 2; Gestalt Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1

"Goblin-loving knob wankers!"

Sholano had sworn a blue streak nearly the entire way, cursing everything from the dark hood on his head to the guards driving the wagon to the bloody sound of the bloody waves. Usually, he'd have been trying to chat up the guards by now, or at the very least quietly planning his escape, but he was still furious to the point of betraying his reason. Furious with himself for being so careless as to get caught, with that treacherous smug jackass Treblefast, and with the entire damn island and its high-and-mighty justice. He only quieted when he heard the clanking of the portcullis being raised, going still.

Oh no. Oh damn. Branderscar. We're here. I'm actually going into Branderscar.

His mouth finally stopped moving, the fury replaced with an icy panic, and his mind started to turn. He was dead sure there was no bribing these guards - if nothing else, they'd already snatched everything he had saved up at the moment, and it would be damned difficult to convince them to let him off the island to go find one of his personal caches. He strained to hear as the guards exchanged passwords, but couldn't make out anything beyond a few muffled syllables.

His brain still whirling with possibilities, none of them good, someone threw him roughly from the wagon and lifted him up by his bonds. They threw a few insults at him, and the professionaly in him couldn't help but note the poor craft behind the jibes, his finely tuned sensibilities mentally re-crafting the crude insults into truly cutting mockery designed to enrage. He filed them away for later as they led him upstairs, and he was brought of his reverie by the solid click of a heavy lock being undone. He realized his fear was getting to him, distracting his mind from the task at hand, and he refocused just as they tore the hood from his head and shoved him into a cell.

He spun around, trying to get a good look at the hall while he was still relatively unfettered.


Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

Zyxtivia looks to see if she is alone in her cell or is there another person with her...


HP: 22/22 | AC: 17; T: 13; FF: 14; CMD: 16) | Fort: 2; Ref: 8; Will: 1 | Int: +5 ; Perc: +6 | Panache 4/4

Linus blew haphazardly at the sack over his head. "Come on mate! Someone take this bag off my head!" Ready for the hit, Linus tensed up their abdomen and waited. Whats the point in going quietly. They couldn't hurt to cause some mischief. Especially if he were to die soon. He felt around his arms the best he could. He was fuzzy. That meant he was in his original form. Thats fine. If I'm to die, I guess I should go out the way I came in!


RoW Map

In the kingdom of Talingarde, many crimes may send you to Branderscar Prison, but the sentence has but one meaning. You are wicked and irredeemable. Each of you received the same greeting when you arrived. You were held down by rough hands and branded upon the arm with a runic F. The mark signifies ‘forsaken’ and the painful scar is indelible proof that each of you has betrayed the great and eternal love of Mitra and his chosen mortal vassals.

Condemned, you face at best a life of shackles and servitude in the nearby salt mines. Others might await the “gentle” ministrations of the inquisitors so that co-conspirators may be revealed and confessions extracted. Perhaps, some of you will be spared this ordeal. Perhaps instead you have come to Branderscar to face the final judgment. In three days, the executioner arrives and the axe falls or the pyre will be lit. Through fire or steel, your crimes will be answered.

You have all been chained together in the same communal cell dressed in nothing but filthy, tattered rags. Manhandled and mistreated, any finery you once possessed is either ruined or long lost. No special treatment has been given any prisoner – male or female, commoner or noble – all of the forsaken are bound and imprisoned together. Your feet are secured by iron cuffs tethered by one long chain. Your arms are secured to the wall above by manacles. A guard is posted right outside the cell day and night. Little thought is given to long term accommodations. At Branderscar, justice comes swift and sure.

Escape seems hopeless. You have all been well searched and every attempt to conceal anything on your person has failed. And if you could somehow slip your bonds and fly out of this prison, where would you go? Who from your former life would want anything to do with the forsaken? Despised, alone and shackled – all that you can do now is await your doom.

For each of you, your old life is over. For each of you, hope is a fading memory. For each of you, justice will be fairly meted. And who can blame fair Talingarde after what each of you has done?

You're no longer hooded, so you can all see each other. Due to the manacles, casting with somatic components is impossible, and any other casting requires a concentration check as if Entangled). The walls are solid stone, and the door is well-made steel.


Incanter 4 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 12 [16]; T: 12 [13]; FF: 10 [14]; CMD: 13; MSD: 15 | Fort: 2; Ref: 3; Will: 4 | Int: +8; Perc: +4 | Drawbacks: Somatic x2
Daily Abilities:
Sphere Points: 10/12 (Celestine always pays 2 SP for Rahmiel in the morning)

I can.

Who were you thinking that to?

Nobody. Shut up. They don't just try to control actions, they try to control thoughts, and I refuse to allow them to cow my will.

Celestine hadn't spoken a syllable more than necessary in the last few days. Now that she was here, she didn't actually want to stand out. Sooner or later, people let their guard down - it was human nature, after all, and that was why they needed to be ruled by a proper authority. She was, however, carefully pondering all she knew of the area. Once she understood the layout, her plan could be put into motion.


HP: 22/22 | AC: 17; T: 13; FF: 14; CMD: 16) | Fort: 2; Ref: 8; Will: 1 | Int: +5 ; Perc: +6 | Panache 4/4

Linus sighed. She tossed her hair , smiling grimly. "Looks like I'm not alone among the damned. Name's Linus. Might as well have a good time of this. As best we can. Anyone know any drinking songs?"

Inside, she tirelessly worked out a plan of escape. Her head spinning, she remembered from the ride that she was near an ocean. Didnt set foot on a boat, which means she's somewhere on the coast. They have trained dogs, no doubt vicious and deadly without a sword in hand. She needed a sword to even have a chance in this place, preferably a rapier. But how was he going to get out of these chains.

"I dont suppose we could get some water in here, eh guards? Or vinegar? Come on fellas do a poor lowly creature down on their luck a hand!" Trying to get a notion of how many guards there are posted outside the door.

Perc.: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


RoW Map

GM Rolls:
Hours: 1d12 ⇒ 5

You hear a gruff voice yell through the door, "Dinner's in five hours. That's only 300 minutes from now. A mere 18,000 seconds. So quit yer whining!"

Erick/Linus:
The door is thick, and you can't hear anything on the other side. You know there's at least one guard present, but you can't even hear footsteps at the moment.


HP: 22/22 | AC: 17; T: 13; FF: 14; CMD: 16) | Fort: 2; Ref: 8; Will: 1 | Int: +5 ; Perc: +6 | Panache 4/4

"Can you give that to me in miliseconds, my dear fellow? It is always nice to have a clue of the exact time."

Linus snickered softly.

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

Erick begins to laugh uncontrollably as he shakes the shackles at his arms and feet. The chains snap against each other with the sound of metal clanging against metal.

Escape Artist Take 10: 10 + 7 = 17

Erick pulls at the cuffs around his wrists to see if they might be a little loose.

What's for dinner?


Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

In a hushed voice the dark haired witch says to the others..."...რატომ მათთან საუბარი ... დაეტოვებინა მათ ისე, რომ დანარჩენ შეიძლება გაერკვნენ გამოსავალი თუ შესაძლებელია ... რა შეგიძლიათ ყველა გააკეთებს ...?" she then looks up wondering who understood her comments...

Infernal:

"Why banter with them...leave them be so that the rest of us may figure out a way out if possible...what can you all do...?"


[HP 16/16 | AC 20; T 14; FF 16; CMD 15 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init: 3; Perc: 6] Half-Elf Vigilante 2; Gestalt Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1

Sholano peered down at his arm, incredulous and still perhaps in a bit of shock. The fresh brand still throbbed, hideous, painful, and worse, obvious. That was going to take a completely ridiculous amount of effort to hide.

If I ever get out of here, anyway.

"Oh, I'm sure our friends outside have a sumptuous meal planned," he replied offhandedly to the obvious lunatic down the line. "No salt on mine," he called towards the door. "As I understand it, I'll get plenty where I'm headed."

Quietly working his wrists, he began to examine his bonds, hoping the noise the madman was making would cover his own movements. He cast a glance towards the woman's voice from earlier, expecting some hardened harridan with scars for ears or something, and very nearly performed a double take as he took in Linus, then took a closer look at all the other prisoners.

Well. At least the view is decent.

"Call me Hal," he said, his tone almost jovial. "I know a few decent tunes, but I'm afraid the drinks to go with them might be flowing a bit light, given the current accommodations."

As he spoke, his hands moved in an intricate pattern and he looked around the room at the others.

Drow Hand Sign:
"Anyone else know this trick?"


Male Human Shifter 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:18; T:13; FF:16; CMD:20 (22 Grapple) | Fort:+7; Ref:+7; Will:+6 (+2 vs. sleep or paralysis) | Int:+2; Perc:+14
Limited Use Abilities:
Spell Pool: 5/8
Buffs:
+3 Armor, +1 Deflection, +1 Shield (3 hours)

A ragged man with tangled greying hair peered around the room. "So these are the worst enemies of Talingarde. Perhaps some of you," he said, as he glanced at the cackling madman, "should be here. As for the rest of you, I've processed enough prisoners to know that Mitran justice is rarely considered lenient and Branderscar is almost never empty.

"My name is Marvin, and I'm here because I paid a debt. My wife was burned alive, and I repaid her suffering. Elf, I'm not sure what you said, but your words sound familiar. It's been years since I heard such words, and I appreciate the reminder."

Marvin tested the chains briefly and noted they were securely fastened and sighed. "You'd think they'd at least let us sit on the floor until it's time. I don't suppose anyone can slip out their bonds?"


Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

without looking up the dark haired elf says "...მე თვითონ მოვიდა აქ დანაშაულის ჯადოსნობა, მიუხედავად იმისა, რომ წამებისა და მკრეხელობა შეეძლო დაემატა ჩემს სიაში ... არა მკვლელობა, თუმცა ... მე არ საკმაოდ გაკეთდეს მას ..." and you can almost hear the smile on her face as she says this...

Infernal:

"i myself came here for the crime of witchcraft, although torture and blasphemy could have been added to my list...not murder though... i was not quite done with him..."


[HP 16/16 | AC 20; T 14; FF 16; CMD 15 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init: 3; Perc: 6] Half-Elf Vigilante 2; Gestalt Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1

Sholano looked to his left quizzically at Zyxtyvia. Was that...? It had been a while since his formal education, but still, he thought he recognized most words there. He slowly replied in the same guttural language, the harsh words coming back to him as he concentrated.

Infernal:
"Witchcraft is just magic they can't control. Not where my own talents lie, but a useful skill to have around, certainly."

He inspects her manacles, then his own. He grimaces, noting their decent make. This wouldn't be especially easy. As Martin spoke up, he shot an irritated glance the man's direction - who talked out loud about escape plans?

Amateur.

He lowered his voice and spoke to her again, too quietly (he hoped) for the guards to overhear.

Infernal:

"Let's give it a little while for them to stop paying attention, then we'll see if we can get your hands free for a bit more of that magic."


HP: 22/22 | AC: 17; T: 13; FF: 14; CMD: 16) | Fort: 2; Ref: 8; Will: 1 | Int: +5 ; Perc: +6 | Panache 4/4

Linus laughed merrily. "I guess not, friend. Seems as though drinks are a thing of the past. And my dear lady, I have no clue what you are saying. Perhaps, if we get past all of this somehow, you could teach me your language. Otherwise we will not understand each other." She winked at the black haired woman, his hair continuously in his eyes. "The name is Linus. I was good with a sword back before coming here and getting this lovely mark. Oh I was frightening, if only I could show you. I'm sure the guard would be willing to play along." He laughed again.

-Posted with Wayfinder


RoW Map

"Shut up in there! Don't make me give you something to yell about!" The guard pounds on the door a couple times with something heavy-sounding.

@Erick: Your chains hold fast. You're not going anywhere. (Escape Artist DC 30)


Incanter 4 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 12 [16]; T: 12 [13]; FF: 10 [14]; CMD: 13; MSD: 15 | Fort: 2; Ref: 3; Will: 4 | Int: +8; Perc: +4 | Drawbacks: Somatic x2
Daily Abilities:
Sphere Points: 10/12 (Celestine always pays 2 SP for Rahmiel in the morning)

Slipping out of bonds in full view of the guards over there? Probably not the best idea. Of course, it said a lot when a land that claimed to be so 'righteous' pretty much constantly had a full prison. If you couldn't convince people to act in the way you wanted, then you weren't doing a very good job of leading... but then, 'good' nations really liked having evil to oppose, didn't they? It let them feel like they had an actual sense of worth.

On that note, getting a Chelish navy to come over would probably be good for a laugh...

And patience? Well, they said that patience was a virtue, but it could also be used in support of vice. Seeming quite relaxed, she continued to wait. Escaping from her bonds wouldn't take long - but it had to be done at the right time if it was going to be meaningful.

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

Erick cranes his head to the side and waves his fingers back at Hal and whispers. His long shaggy hair flops over his sweat-covered face.

I am Erick. Seems we have a bit of time to get to know each other. Seeing s half the people in this room can only grunt and hum.... Erick nods his chin towards the door. ....He ain't much of a talker either.

Though if I get out of here he won't speak ever again. Erick smiles to himself.

Fool's arrest me. ME! They deserved it. It is all their fault.....Now it is these guards fault. Why do they keep making me do this to them?


Male Human Shifter 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:18; T:13; FF:16; CMD:20 (22 Grapple) | Fort:+7; Ref:+7; Will:+6 (+2 vs. sleep or paralysis) | Int:+2; Perc:+14
Limited Use Abilities:
Spell Pool: 5/8
Buffs:
+3 Armor, +1 Deflection, +1 Shield (3 hours)

Well, it seems that for the moment I have plenty of spare time. If I do want to escape, I'll need better control over my transformations...

The man glanced around him to make sure no one was watching, and attempted to stretch his fingers into the scaled red claws that landed him in this prison.

If it works:
Nails fused to fingers and lengthened into crimson and black sickle-like claws for a moment, before they were quickly dismissed. Shortly after, the skin of Marvin's arm rippled and smoothed, obscuring the brand momentarily before it too returned. Content that he had some advantage once he managed to get free, Marvin set his mind to finding some avenue of escape before his three days were up.

If not...:
Fingers outstretched, head craned up to see his hands held fast above him, Marvin sighed.
Damn... must be these chains distracting me with the chafing. Not that claws would do me much good while I'm still fastened to this wall anyways, but I've had so little time to practice with these abilities. I might be best to not rely on them until I can be sure they'll be there when I need them.


RoW Map

Marvin Concentration DC 16: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Just a reminder to everyone, casting requires a concentration check DC 15 + spell level - as long as there's no somatic component.

GM Rolls:
Time: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Marvin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Erick: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Celestine/Zyxtyvia: 2d20 + 1 ⇒ (19, 6) + 1 = 26
Linus/Sholano: 2d20 + 5 ⇒ (20, 17) + 5 = 42

After an interminable amount of time (but definitely several hours at least), the cell door opens, and the guard enters with a small pot of lukewarm gruel. As a second guard watches from the doorway, he pours a few spoonfuls down each of your throats (assuming you don't resist or say/do something to piss him off). This done, both guards leave, locking the door behind them.

Marvin/Zyxtyvia:
Approximately two hours after dinner, you hear the sound of booted feet outside the door. More than one person, for sure. There's a brief conversation, and then receding footsteps. It seems there's been a shift change.

Some time later, your door opens again, and six well-armed guards enter the room, followed by Sergeant Tomas Blackerly. This fat pig was the man who personally branded each one of you and laughed as your skin burned. Right now, however, he seems a little dazed.

Linus:
The sergeant seems to be under the effect of some kind of enchantment magic.

Pointing at 'Hal,' he says gruffly, "You there! That's the scum! Get 'em unshackled. If any of you makes trouble, they'll earn a thrashing! Today's your lucky day, scum. You've got a visitor. How you ever warranted such a fine lady is beyond me. Seems she wants to say goodbye. Now step lively. We wouldn't want to keep your missus waiting."


HP: 22/22 | AC: 17; T: 13; FF: 14; CMD: 16) | Fort: 2; Ref: 8; Will: 1 | Int: +5 ; Perc: +6 | Panache 4/4

Linus smiles to himself. "You heard him Hal. Go kiss your lady one last time." He laughs Quietly, keeping the knowledge of the matter to himself.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

Erick sneers as Sergeant Blackerly enters the cell.

Missed us so soon Sergeant?

I will give you a brand all of your own before I am hung you fat bastard.


[HP 16/16 | AC 20; T 14; FF 16; CMD 15 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init: 3; Perc: 6] Half-Elf Vigilante 2; Gestalt Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1

Sholano nods calmly to the guard, his eyes filled with remorse. "Of course. How could she help but come? She deserves a farewell, at the very least."

Who in the bloody hell...? Who even knows I'm in this country at all?


RoW Map

Sholano:
The guards roughly escort you to a meeting room down the hall and shove you into a chair. There waiting for you is a hauntingly-beautiful woman in an elegant black dress and soft silken veil. She looks as if she is headed to a funeral. Her hair is so platinum as to almost be white, and her eyes are a vibrant, almost unearthly, green. She clearly has been weeping.

"Oh, dearest," proclaims the woman. "I'm so relieved you're alive!" She quickly turns to Blackerly. "Could we please have a moment alone, good sir? For pity's sake?" The sergeant goes blank for a bit and then quickly agrees. "Of course, my lady. For you, 'tis no problem." It's obvious that this woman holds some sort of power over him.

As soon as the guards leave, the woman's demeanor immediately changes. Dropping all signs of grief or concern, she immediately turns all business. "Have you forgotten me, dearest," she smirks. "Call me Tiadora. We possess a mutual friend who would like to meet you and your fellow cell-mates. Unfortunately, our friend is unwilling to visit you in your present rather shabby accommodations, so it seems you must escape. Don't be so dour. Just because it's never been done before is no reason you can't be the first.

"If you manage that, cross the moors on the outskirts of town. On the old Moor Road, you'll see a manor house with a single lantern burning in the second story. There, our mutual friend waits. That is all I know. He did want me to give you this." She takes off her silken veil and wipes away a few fake tears wit it.

"Something to remember me by, dearest."


Male Human Shifter 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:18; T:13; FF:16; CMD:20 (22 Grapple) | Fort:+7; Ref:+7; Will:+6 (+2 vs. sleep or paralysis) | Int:+2; Perc:+14
Limited Use Abilities:
Spell Pool: 5/8
Buffs:
+3 Armor, +1 Deflection, +1 Shield (3 hours)

Cool deal, I didn't know the mechanics for being shackled to a wall.

Marvin failed at first, but with hours creeping slowly by and nothing else to fill them with but the company of the other condemned, he continued practicing until he managed a simple discreet tranformation: the dark dungeon cell became clearly visible, though devoid of all color.

Perhaps not the most reliable, but it is there at least. Too bad I can't do much to alter the size of my wrists.

Confident that he still could change, Marvin allowed the darkness to return rather than strain to maintain his focus.

After the guards had left with Hal, Marvin looked to the others, "Visitors, at Branderscar? I guess it's allowed, but who would care to come here for that? Have any of you heard of such a thing?"


Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

Speaking in common for the first time the dark haired elf tells the others in a hushed voice...
'I suggest biting your tongues in regards to talk of escape and violence. They may be stupid guards but they still have ears and they do not trust us to begin with and may have additional precautions set in place. Let us bide our time and wait for an opening...when that time comes then use your talents to help the others as I doubt anyone by themselves will get out of this alone...'


HP: 22/22 | AC: 17; T: 13; FF: 14; CMD: 16) | Fort: 2; Ref: 8; Will: 1 | Int: +5 ; Perc: +6 | Panache 4/4

Linus nods at the dark haired elf. "I agree. Patience is important. But visitors are interesting. I've never even heard of this place before. I don't know what to expect..."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Incanter 4 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 12 [16]; T: 12 [13]; FF: 10 [14]; CMD: 13; MSD: 15 | Fort: 2; Ref: 3; Will: 4 | Int: +8; Perc: +4 | Drawbacks: Somatic x2
Daily Abilities:
Sphere Points: 10/12 (Celestine always pays 2 SP for Rahmiel in the morning)

Celestine's mouth twitched slightly. Oh good, they had noticed. The best way to overcome a problem wasn't to smash it head-on, it was to arrange things so the problem never happened to begin with. If they made the guards more alert, escaping would naturally be harder. That was why she was being so calm and patient for now - subtlety was often more useful, and her plans required a great deal of patience.


[HP 16/16 | AC 20; T 14; FF 16; CMD 15 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init: 3; Perc: 6] Half-Elf Vigilante 2; Gestalt Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1

Outside the cell:
Sholano almost opened his mouth to say something a few times during Tiadora's little speech, but each time thought better of it, considering.

Mysterious benefactor, hm? That's...interesting.

He bowed low over her extended hand and brushed his lips against it, using the excuse to examine the veil briefly before taking it up. He took particular note of the embroidered lockpicks, and a suspicion kindled to life in his mind. "My fondest thanks, darling. I'm sure with this in hand, my soul shall not feel imprisoned."

Delicately taking the token, he folded it carefully, doing his best not to disturb the designs across it.


RoW Map

Sholano:
Her message delivered, Tiadora rises, and the guards return. Immediately, her demeanor once more changes, and she is again a perfect picture of grief. "No, I can't bear to leave you!" She gives you a kiss on the cheek. It's ice-cold and feels somehow alien and inhuman. The sergeant shakes his head. "I'm afraid it's time, miss."

She looks deep in his eyes and says, "Thank you for letting me say goodbye. There's no need to search my dearest. You are such a good friend for letting me see my dearest one more time." "Such a good friend," Blackerly repeats, his voice almost mechanical. Then the watch sergeant seems to snap out of it and bows politely. "A pleasure, madam." Tiadora leaves unveiled. Her eyes meet yours one last time, and she briefly gives you a wicked smile. "Three days," telepathically echoes in your mind. "Don't disappoint me, dearest." The visitation concluded, you're taken back to the cell and shackled once more.

A few minutes after he's escorted out, 'Hal' is returned to your cell and shackled in his former position. This done, the guards leave, but it's clear that two remain stationed outside your cell door.

Info about Sholano's New Secret:
Veil of Useful Items
Slotless and Weightless

Description
This appears to be a fine silk veil of gossamer cloth. Only as it's held and closely inspected can you see small cloth patches of various shapes. One patch can be detached each round as a Move Action. Detaching a patch causes it to become an actual item. This veil contains:
- Dagger x2
- Bullseye Lantern x1 (full, lit, and shuttered)
- Hemp Rope (50ft)
- Spell Component Pouch x1
- Common clothes in each PC's size
- MW Thieves' Tools x1
- Window x1 (2ft by 4ft, up to 2ft deep)
- Potion x1 (cure light wounds)
- 100gp
- Silver Unholy Symbol of Asmodeus x1


Male Human Shifter 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:18; T:13; FF:16; CMD:20 (22 Grapple) | Fort:+7; Ref:+7; Will:+6 (+2 vs. sleep or paralysis) | Int:+2; Perc:+14
Limited Use Abilities:
Spell Pool: 5/8
Buffs:
+3 Armor, +1 Deflection, +1 Shield (3 hours)

"That didn't take very long. You didn't seem the type to have a relationship strong enough that someone would come out to Branderscar to say goodbye." Marvin whispered, low enough to not be understood by the guards.

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

Erick leans over with a wicked grin. Was it yer Mother? COming to shed one last tear for her lost child.


Female Portrait Elf Witch (Bouda) 4(HP:26/26)(AC:15 (18 MA)/FF:12/T:14/ CMD:14)(F:+2 R:+4 W:+5)(Init:+3)(Perc:+11)

"enough of the useless banter....none of it helps any of us get free..." Zyxtivia hisses at the others..."now you with the blond hair... did you learn anything that can help us escape? I do not intend to oblige the axe-man by waiting here for him to take my head...come now speak up"


[HP 16/16 | AC 20; T 14; FF 16; CMD 15 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init: 3; Perc: 6] Half-Elf Vigilante 2; Gestalt Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1

"Oh...I might have come up with something," Sholano said with a thin smile. Dipping his chin, he bit at the neck of his shirt for a moment, working something free from where he'd stashed it. After a brief moment, he came up with something delicate and gossamer. With a look of concentration, he carefully blew it up to his right hand and snatched it from the air.

Snapping it out to its full length, he reveals a silken veil with several small designs on it. He begins to meticulously move it through his fingers, taking care not to drop it as he does so. Continuing to work, his eyes on what he's doing, he says quietly, "My "darling" informs me that we all seem to have a mutual friend, who would very much like to meet with us in three day's time. As our hosts seem to have other plans..."

Sleight of Hand?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

He got one of the patches between his fingers and snapped the little item, dropping it to the floor and revealing a small set of lockpicks in his hand.

"He has seen fit to leave us a little help," he grinned, and set to work, one-handed, on his right wrist.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

His grin slipped a little as the lock proved trickier than he'd hoped. "Of course, three days is plenty of time. No rush."


RoW Map

No SoH check is necessary, so I'll use that as your first DD roll. Don't worry about Stealth checks, either. There's a built-in mechanic for this part.

Each lock is a DC 20 to open. Sholano takes a -2 penalty to unlock his own due to the awkward angle. However, he has MW tools, so that balances out the penalty. He'll get an +2 circumstance on the other locks because they're the same type. Each PC has manacles, and there's a communal ankle chain. This means 7 locks in total.

Sholano easily unlocks the manacles on his wrists. Unfortunately, he then proceeds to drop one of his picks, making an unpleasantly-loud *clink*. You hear one of the guards at the door, "Was that a rat? I guess a little extra protein won't hurt." There's a chuckle, but they don't seem inclined to investigate. For now...

Sholano's hands are free. Make sure to specify which lock you're working on. There's no taking 20, but feel free to keep rolling until you fail.


Incanter 4 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 12 [16]; T: 12 [13]; FF: 10 [14]; CMD: 13; MSD: 15 | Fort: 2; Ref: 3; Will: 4 | Int: +8; Perc: +4 | Drawbacks: Somatic x2
Daily Abilities:
Sphere Points: 10/12 (Celestine always pays 2 SP for Rahmiel in the morning)

Celestine watched, interested in this change - she had her own methods, but didn't want to tip her hand any further than necessary if there was any way the guards could learn about it. The thing about surprises was that they generally only worked once.


Male Human Shifter 4 | HP:35/35 | AC:18; T:13; FF:16; CMD:20 (22 Grapple) | Fort:+7; Ref:+7; Will:+6 (+2 vs. sleep or paralysis) | Int:+2; Perc:+14
Limited Use Abilities:
Spell Pool: 5/8
Buffs:
+3 Armor, +1 Deflection, +1 Shield (3 hours)

"Perhaps I misjudged you and that lady of yours. Of course, the shackles are only the first part. Anyone with any bright ideas after this?" Marvin whispered.

Dark Archive

Human Brawler 4 | HP 44/44 | AC 18;TCH 14; FF 15 | F +7; R +7; W+1 | CMB +9 (+12 Grapple); CMD 22 (25 Grapple) | INIT +5; Perc +7
Consumable:
Martial Flex 4/5 | Arrows 20/20; Bolts: CI 50/50

Erick's eyes grow wide with excitement as the half-elf's shackles go free.

Is this happening?

Free us also. You will need help getting out of here my long eared friend. Erick whispers with a smile.


[HP 16/16 | AC 20; T 14; FF 16; CMD 15 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init: 3; Perc: 6] Half-Elf Vigilante 2; Gestalt Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1

Sholano smiled brilliantly at the rest, using his "gallant leader" grin. It was one of his least used smiles, but still well-practiced, and he put it to good effect as he massaged his wrists and stooped for the dropped pick and the fallen veil, calling out for the guards' benefit as he did so.

"Agh, it's on my feet! Disgusting little thing, get away!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

He winked at everyone else and set to work on the ankle chain that held them all immobile.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Forgot the MW bonus last time.

His feet free, he stole a moment and examined the veil again. Tugging at one of the patches, he pulled one free, which promptly transformed into a decent dagger. He nodded satisfactorily and slipped it into his sleeve, securing it there with a quick twist of the fabric. That done, he padded over to his right, beginning to work on the bonds of the woman who had yet to speak up - hopefully her silence was an indication of a predilection for stealth. He reached towards her wrists, whispering, "Have you free in just a moment, my dear."

Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

With her free, he slid to his left, clearly working his way down the line, starting with the dark-haired witch. He nodded silently to her and set to.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

This lock refused to give as the others had, and made a distinct clicking noise. Sholano froze, his eyes shooting toward the door.

1 to 50 of 1,018 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Do Evil Deeds All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.