Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Wardove's Side-Treks

Game Master Laithoron


1,601 to 1,650 of 1,844 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Felnor nods to her, then turns to Alis, "How long di'ye t'ink it take ta git oveah there?"


"Mmm..." she tips her head to the side, "a couple minutes on foot. I'm going to hitch my horse here though. If there's something in the lake I don't want to put it in danger. Pretty sure I'm quieter than it is anyway..."


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

"If you are thinking about doing a solo sneak 'n peek... forget it, sister! Why don't we find a shady spot, leave the kids to mind the horses - maybe with a chaperone - and then the rest of us go over there, quiet or not, and see what we can see?"


"Sounds like a plan, mebbe Morgaard kin stay b'hind, since he aint that quiet, I think stealth 'ere be important."


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

"I'm not exactly stealthy myself. I think I'd rather have Morgaard's stout axe around if we run into that beast. I was wondering if Alexis should keep an eye on the kids. She can signal us easily if there is a problem... Or we could just leave the kids here alone and hope nothing happens. With us stomping around, chances are good we'll attract whatever problems are around."


Felmor gives her a dubious look, but does nod his head in agreement. "Aye, I guess yer right, no tellin' whuts waitin' fer us up thar." He turns to Alexis, and says, "Like Priyya says, it may be a good idear fer ye ta keep an eye on the kids. I'm sure the Cap'n kin scream loud enough fer ya ta hear, if we need 'elp."


Felmor Traker wrote:
"Like Priyya says, it may be a good idear fer ye ta keep an eye on the kids. I'm sure the Cap'n kin scream loud enough fer ya ta hear, if we need 'elp."

Alexis gives you a smirk and a short laugh, "You have no idea..."


Alexis Kirmoon wrote:
Alexis gives you a smirk and a short laugh, "You have no idea..."

"'N I'd like ta keep it that way ifn ye don't mind," Felmor finishes for her.


Alis hold the back of her hand to her forehead and rolls her eyes as she gives a fake cry of distress. With that, she grabs her sewing kit begins to circle the lake.

Perception Checks
Alexis 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Alis 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Felmor 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Morgaard 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Priyya 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Stealth Checks
Alexis 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Alis 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Felmor 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Morgaard 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Priyya 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

I can't believe it! Priyya actually managed to be stealthy AND perceptive in the same turn! That's a first!


Priyya_1 wrote:
I can't believe it! Priyya actually managed to be stealthy AND perceptive in the same turn! That's a first!

Felmor has been slipping, he keeps getting distracted when looking at Priyya for some reason, he he


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Apparently Fel has two separate 'missions' in mind... ;)

The first is nailing the bad-guys. The second is nailing... Whups! Gotta go answer the phone.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Sorry this is taking so long. Training at work and not being able to stay up super-late, along with Arcadia and getting stuff for Serpent's Skull setup has been taking TONS of time.

The four of you skirt along the eastern shore of the lake for about a quarter of a mile. Eventually after you pass thru a treeline that just out into the lake, you are able to make out a small camp that it concealed. The rowboat is actually tethered to the end of a pier that has been camouflaged with bushes and sandy-colored tarps. A number of weathered crates sit near the end of the pier.

To the east of it is an old, burned-out campfire that Morgaard estimates hasn't been used in at least a week or more. Around it are several tents and bedrolls which look like they have been thrashed by a large animal. It is currently about 8am and there is still a good bit of haze hanging over the lake that has not yet been burned off by the rising sun.

Perception Checks:
Alis 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Felmor 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Morgaard 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Priyya 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Stealth Checks:
Alis 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Felmor 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Morgaard 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Priyya 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

MAP: Greylake #00


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2

Morgaard points to the edge of the shore nearest the camp where it looks like something large and heavy came up on this area from the water. Looking at the size of the rut it looks to be about the size of the rowboat only much smoother and with other broad, flat impressions to either side of it.

"Don't like the look of this," he whispers.


Felmor nods quietly, while drawing his weapons. "Aye, I'm thinkin' some sorta lake cretaure, mebbe like a gator or somesuch. Big one though. Neveah 'eard 'o somethin' that big in a freshwater lake, p'hap why the bandits went ta Kassens Tomb."


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya recalls the bandit's body, "I'm thinking a big lizard or amphibian. The bite was circular, the teeth small, and there was the toxin... not that it matters much. It's a big damn beast with teeth."

"Do we have any of those explosive bolts left? I'm thinking we try to ambush this thing. We back up as far as possible, bait it out of the water somehow, and hammer it from a distance for as long as possible."


Felmor nods at Priyya, "Aye we gots four of those bolts left. Believe the Cap'n is carryin' them now," indicating Alis. "I like th' ambushin idear, jes don't know what ta use fer bait, I'd really don't wanna become bait fer it." He looks over towards the rowboat, "Mebbe them crates has got some food we kin use fer bait."


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

"This is a pretty still lake. Maybe if we toss rocks into the water that will be enough. Or maybe if we light the fire... let's figure out where we want everyone positioned before we put this to the test."


"You mean you guys actually want to attract a venemous lake monster?" Alis looks at you like you've cracked before commenting, "Well... it's not on my list but I suppose it can always be written in later, right?"


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya gives Alis a dazzling smile, "How do you not know this about me... 'crazy b!tch', remember? Moreover, whatever is in this lake killed a bandit. It could just as soon kill some townsfolk."


Felmor sees Priyya smile and his heart is gladdened. Aye, she always has a smile on 'er face, though I guess she is a crazy bi***, I still love 'er.. "She be right, Cap'n. Speakin' as a sailor, these creatures be a threat ta our livelyhood. Sailin' be dangerous 'n we gotta takes steps ta make th' water safer."


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2
Priyya_1 wrote:
Priyya gives Alis a dazzling smile, "How do you not know this about me... 'crazy b!tch', remember? Moreover, whatever is in this lake killed a bandit. It could just as soon kill some townsfolk."

The surly dwarf adds darkly, "Or some adventurers."

Morgaard keeps his axe at the ready.

"Best let me take front and center. I've heard from -- expert sources -- that dwarves don't taste as good as elves."


"Good idear that, Morgaard. Mebbe we kin build a barrier from th' crates oveah thar, that way th' Cap'n 'ere kin open fire wit' them bolts we found. I still got th' big crossbow Roldare made, 'n that'll leave a mark."


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

"I'm wondering if we build up a fire, we could use that to keep the beast back from our crossbow woman."


"Aye but were there marks of the beastie right around th' old campfire? Methinks the beast 'taint afraid o' fire."


Alis inspects the crates with Morgaard and informs, "The wood is dry. Looks like they are full of trade goods. Animal pelts in one, seeds in another, and the last one has bolts of fabric."

MAP: Greylake #00b


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya surveys the scene, hands on hips. "Well, I'm out of ideas. I don't think we want to take a boat ride with that beastie out there. Maybe if we tie a rope to the boat and push it out into the lake, maybe we can see what kind of beast it is... Or do you guys want to leave well enough alone?"


"I see where ye is comin' Priyya. We kin wait 'ere fer a little while 'n see if'n the beastie comes on shore 'ere. Mebbe a couple o' hours at most, then we kin skedaddle."

We could certainly use a ranger here, he he


"Well, Sis could launch some stones pretty far out there — a few hundred yards easy. I could also try singing to lure it out..."


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Perception Checks
Alis 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Felmor 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Morgaard 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Priyya 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Priyya:
As you stand facing the lake while talking quietly with Alis and Morgaard, you notice a dark shadow upon the surface of the lake rippling quickly and silently towards the pier.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya springs into action, running towards the trail leading away from the pier S21-22 around there I guess her voice rising to a yell, "Bloody Hell! We don't have long to wait... something iS COMING TOWARDS THE PIER! FALL BACK!" She readies her crossbow as she runs to take up a defensive position and considers her spell options.

I'd just like to state, for the record, how much I f+$#ing LOVE Priyya's Perception.

EDIT - Oops. I was looking at the previous map where Priyya and Fel were by the fire... feel free to amend her actions to reflect backing up with the group and not hightailing it overland.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Priyya shouts her warning as a long-necked creature with sleek skin mottled like pebbles, rushes forward it's body still a shadow beneath the surface of the lake. It is coming right up on Alis' position.

Initiative Rolls
Alis 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Felmor 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Morgaard 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Priyya 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Nessie 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Nessie and Priyya can take a full round's actions. Everyone else, only a single action.

Round 1 — Surprise! Next Up: Morgaard, Priyya, Felmor, Nessie, Alis

Priyya:
You can reach O/P18, Q/R/S19 on a double move but that will take a full action.

MAP: Greylake #01


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya dashes towards the nearest box P18 , briefly debates firing her crossbow, but quickly casts Bless instead to improve the accuracy of her teammates. Sarenrae, let Alis' bolts fly straight and true...

Bless
RANGE: Allies in 50' radius burst
DURATION: 1 minute
EFFECT: +1 to ATT & Fear Saves


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Priyya is able to move as far as Q13 and still catch everyone in the radius of her bless spell.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2

Morgaard flies into a rage and shouts at the top of his lungs to attract the creatures' attention.

"Come n' get me you over-grown eel!"

He then waits for the creature to get within striking distance so that he can bring his axe to bear.

Next Up: Felmor, Nessie, Alis, Morgaard, Priyya


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2
Laithoron wrote:
Priyya is able to move as far as Q13 and still catch everyone in the radius of her bless spell.

Apologies. My mistake for not thinking to measure. Q13 sounds good!


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

I'll just NPC for Fel even though his player is around ;)

Fel, despite his behavior to contrary, secretly and desperately desires another hug from Alexis or her equally curvy and voluptuous twin sister - so he RUSHES in to...


Gee thanks Priyya, next time I won't take a lunch, he he.

Felmor takes off running like the wind trying to reach the docks before the monster can reach Alis and Morgaard. Run if at all possible to P21, Q15 otherwise with a double move. Stupid crates.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2
Felmor Traker wrote:
Gee thanks Priyya, next time I won't take a lunch, he he.

Jes' tryin' to be he'pful occifer... :p You know you want to be in another Kirmoon sandwich... with relish.


Priyya_1 wrote:
Felmor Traker wrote:
Gee thanks Priyya, next time I won't take a lunch, he he.
Jes' tryin' to be he'pful occifer... :p You know you want to be in another Kirmoon sandwich... with relish.

Jes tryin' ta be noble, ma'am.


Male Human Fighter 4

Felmor breaks out at a run but due to this being only a single action is only able to make it shortly past Priyya to Q15.

Behind Alis and Morgaard, the creature rears up, it's long neck rising up from a sleek yet immense body with a long tail and propelled by four flippers. With a hiss, it strikes at Alis deciding her to be an easier meal than the bellicose dwarf.

bite 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Not having any of that, Morgaard leaps forward to attack it...

great axe 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 27 power attack, rage, bless
dmg 1d12 + 4 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 3 + 3 = 19 power attack, rage

His attack strikes it soundly knocking it's long sinewy neck aside. The creature's teeth snap shut just inches from Alis' head. Judging by its size, you have no doubt that it would have easily swallowed her in a single gulp!


"Great gods above!" Alis screams and dives for cover attempting to get away from the huge lake monster...

Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

...and just barely evades its ability to retaliate.

Next Up: Priyya, Felmor, Morgaard, Nessie, Alis

MAP: Greylake #02


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya dashes to P18 and fires her crossbow at the beast.

Standard Action - Single shot (crossbow crit: 19+):
To Hit: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Rng Inc: 80'


Felmor thinks to himself, Haven't I done this before? He yells to Alis, "I'm comin' Cap'n", and reaches into his pouch as he dashes towards the creature, pulling a flask of Alchemist Fire.

Move to P21, Acrobatics check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 to avoid AoO.

He then lofts it at the beastie. Ranged touch attack, 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 2 = 7, damage 1d6 ⇒ 1 fire, -2 range increment.

Off to dinner now, be back later this evening.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Seeing how well Alis dodged and how close the beast's bite was to her, Priyya is alarmed. "Let's fall back! It might have a long reach with that neck but maybe it can't get fully out of the water! Let's take it from a distance."


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2

The dwarf sees that he cannot get close enough to attack without being attacked. He snarls and takes a single step backwards seeking to slowly edge away from the beast while guarding his companions.

"We're in over our heads, get back and no sudden moves!"

Since he hears Priyya and Felmor running up behind him, Morgaard will reserve his attack to defend anyone else that might still be in range behind him.

great axe 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 20 rage, bless
dmg 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 = 11 rage


Male Human Fighter 4

Priyya's shot flies past Morgaard just managing to catch the creature where its neck meets its body near the waterline.

Felmor executes his best roll to draw within range of the creature, but his best isn't good enough. Alis shouts, "Felmor, you're too close!" However, her warning comes too late and the beast lashes out at him before he can throw his flask...

AoO 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Fortunately the sailor is able to duck the attack, although he suspects he just got really lucky. Hoping his luck holds up, he lobs his flask yet it falls well short landing in the open crate full of fabric. Smoke begins to rise from it as the cloth within begins to catch fire.


Male Human Fighter 4

With the sailor still within its reach, it attacks the tastier-looking target once again.

bite 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 2 = 24 AA to Felmor's AC from Morgaard

Morgaard attacks at the same time, but even though he lands a solid blow, his counter-attack is simply not enough to knock aside the creature's long powerful neck this time.

dmg 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 4) + 9 = 19
Fort DC 18 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 1st save made

HP Remaining:
Felmor 19 - 19 = 0/23 currently staggered (unconscious at -2)

The creature's needle-sharp teeth veritably perforate Felmor's side and he staggers from the sudden loss of blood-pressure as his life flashes before his eyes. Yet even though his liver (among other organs) is now holier-than-he, the wound feels strangely numb.


"TRAKER!!!"

Seeing that Felmor cleverly lit the box of fabric on fire to drive the beast away from her and Morgaard, Alis runs back behind the other crates to keep the creature distracted and in position long enough for the flames to grow. Hopefully a larger fire will dissuade it. To sweeten the deal, she fires a double shot at it from her sewing kit...

hand xbow 60-ft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
hand xbow 60-ft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
dmg 1d4 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + (4, 1) = 8 fire

While the first bolt splashes harmlessly into the water, the second impacts and detonates on the creature's neck eliciting a cry of confusion from the beast.

Next Up: Priyya, Felmor, Morgaard, Nessie, Alis
MAP: Greylake #03

1,601 to 1,650 of 1,844 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Side-Treks All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.