Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Wardove's Side-Treks

Game Master Laithoron


1,551 to 1,600 of 1,844 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2
Kassen wrote:
"Let Dimira's father know that there are wrongs that need to be set right, but that he should be glad he yet has time in this world to do so."

Priyya nods grimly, her face a mask of veiled anger. "That, I would do, even had you not asked it of us. Too many have been harmed due to short-sighted actions whether innocently intended or not."

Kassen wrote:
"Also please, take these gifts as a sign of my gratitude...

Priyya takes the shield and tries its heft. "My thanks as well. I shall put this to good use and think of you when I do." Priyya takes a moment to study Kassen's face in detail.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Laith - the shield... Light? Heavy? Steel? Darkwood? Mithril? Plywood? :) Jes wanna know since I recall we were discussing the possibility of taking on that wee lake beastie with the teeth... And I'm not talking about Felmor.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Priyya: +1 Mithril Heavy Shield of Bashing: +3 Shield bonus to AC, 0 ACP, weight 7.5 lbs.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20
Felmor Traker wrote:
"I an curious ta know why Asar did what he did ta ye, Kassen. Why he betrayed ye like he did. Can ye shed some light on that?"

Kassen sighs a bit, recalling the old memories and explains, "Back when we yet lived, there was a time when Asar and I were partners in a rather successful mercenary company..."

About 200 years ago, what you now call Nirmathas was still a vassal state of Cheliax. At that time, the northern reaches of the Fangwood were a wild and untamed place. The great forest was full of danger: orcs bands, predators, very dangerous for merchants hoping to trade.

Back then I was crusader and fortune seeker serving Lastwall. I was decorated well enough, but there was more that I wanted from life than serving someone else and being a career soldier.

So I went my own way and traveled all around Lake Encarthan heading up a mercenary company that I built. Asar Vergas was initially my lieutenant, but eventually I made him a partner. We turned good profit and ended up striking it rich when we found this old dungeon. Our archeologist friend, an elven sorceress from Kyonin named Iramine, said it was some kind of ancient Thassilonian treasure cache.

Whatever it was, we were set for life. I decided to take my share of the haul, some men who wanted to go with me, and set out to tame a small area around here. Figured it would be a natural stopover for those traveling up and down the river on their way to the lake. I left command of the mercenary company to Asar and settled down.

For 10 years, Kassen’s Hold, grew and prospered. Then one day, out of the blue, Asar marched our old mercenary company up on the town. Seems he was 'sure' that I had cheated him after that adventure. Never did understand how he figured that. He built a keep, I built a town. Know how much more expensive a castle is?

Well, he promised 'great wealth' to his mercenaries and for two months raided the town. Finally, some of my scouts from amongst the townsfolk managed to locate Asar’s camp back here in the crypt where this all started. I kissed my wife and son good bye and came here to deal with my old friend personally.

The battle was terrible. Only a few townsfolk come back to tell the tale. I slew Asar which made the mercenaries scatter, but he gave me a mortal wound before he passed on...

I've always suspected maybe there was something about these amulets we wore that had to do with it. Iramine, Asar, and I each had a part and each one had a different function. Asar's lets you know where you are without fail. Quite handy when you're trekking thru the wilderness. Mine allowed you to set a destination so you would always know where you needed to go. Iramine's could 'remember' places it had been and then show them back. All three of them could be interlocked to form a compass sorts.

They were actually part of a device we found in this crypt here. Iramine always said she thought they were some sort of a key to other locations. I guess Asar figured that I she and I must have teamed up and sought out other caches. Never occurred to him that I just had a good head for investing in promising entrepreneurs who wanted to set up business in town.

The ghost of Eket Kassen sighs again. "And there you have it, that's my tale."

With that, there is a startling flash of light. When it has faded, you find that the chamber has been restored. The dead are back in their crypts, and Kassen and Asar's tombs are resealed. Only one item still remains: a finely-wrought, blacked longsword lying where Asar Vergas finally met his end.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya picks up the sword and ceremoniously passes it to Alis. "I think, Princess, you are best able to decide who has earned this blade for their service."

She walks over the Alexis, looking a little out-of-sorts. She seems to be debating something. "Alexis, when we get back to town... I think it would be best if you convey Kassen's message to Uptal. I don't think I could handle it diplomatically. I'm a bit too passionate about the needless damage that has been done here..." She sighs and then says in her more characteristic tone, "Although I may have a few additional words for Uptal as they touch on my duty to Sarenrae."


Felmor listens to the tale intently, trying to gain some understanding as to why Asar betrayed Kassens friendship and trust. He could not understand why Asar would do that, maybe his passions overcame him, he didn't know. Felmor had a hard enough time trying to understand himself, without having to figure others peoples motivations out.

Hearing Priyya talking to the Princesses, he realizes she would be a valuable source of insight on this, but right now, with the winds of battle still in the air, it was not time...yet.

"Well, I s'pose we could be 'eading back ta town, right?"


Priyya_1 wrote:
"I think, Princess, you are best able to decide who has earned this blade for their service."

Alis holds the dark blade in her hands and looks at it thoughtfully. She looks up to Priyya and nods. "There's something that I have in mind actually, but it should wait until we have returned to civilization."

Felmor wrote:
"Well, I s'pose we could be 'eading back ta town, right?"

"Well, in just a bit," she walks over to Dimira and places a hand on the taller young woman's back, "but there's someone here who will be eager to see Miss Dimira first."

She smiles warmly at the aspiring priestess, "Let's go to Roldare."


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

With all the undead and traps out of the way, it is a much shorter hike back to the safe room you used than you would have guessed. Upon seeing one another Roldare and Dimira give cries of joy and embrace one another fondly like brother and sister.

As they promised, the ladies give the young woman some spare clothes to wear although Priyya's tops and Alexis' long skirts seem to suit (and fit) Dimira better than anything from Alis' wardrobe.

With that taken care of, you make your way to the exit where you thankfully find that the doors are easily opened and then secured by conventional means. You had all been underground for so long that you nearly forgot that it was summer let alone the day or time.

It is just approaching dawn when you step outside. Crickets, peeper frogs and whippoorwills sing their chorus. Some morning glories have grown up and over the bony remains of the slain horses which seem to have been picked clean by scavengers during your stay. All the valley has been blanketed in greenery by the recent rains though at least the ground isn't slick and spongy like it was during the downpour when you arrived.

Climb Morgaard 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Climb Morgaard 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Climb Morgaard 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Without much difficulty, Morgaard ascends the steep sides of the gulch before letting down a rope for the rest of you to climb back up. Amazingly, your horses are still tethered where you left them, though judging by how low on greenery the vicinity around them now is you have little difficulty determining why they are short-tempered and apathetic.

You all give one brief look back to the unlikely place that cemented your bonds before saddling up and heading north towards the town of Kassen.

I still haven't been to bed due to APG awesomeness, so if there's anything you want to do before getting back to town then post it and I'll see what I can do in the morning.


Felmor breathes in the predawn air deeply, and gives a sigh of relief. For the first time in a long time, he feels like a new person. He finds hinself looking over at Priyya almost everytime he is sure she is not looking, but she always seems to notice anyway. Aye, I feel like I'm some young pup in heat. Still he is happy.

He knows he needs to tell Priyya about the past, and the demon's he still carries in his mind, and in his heart. He also has a decision to make, about what next to do with his life. Usually he would find a ship, looking for a good sailor, and then he would be off with the tides. Now, with the Kirmoon sisters, that has changed...

Laith, i think Priyya wanted to look into the lake monster we encountered on the way here, and I so want the APG...he he


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

We had discussed tackling the lake monster but I'm perfectly happy skipping it and heading back to town.

Pre-dawn? Priyya would like to do her meditation thing and get her spells back, if possible. If the others are too antsy to get home, she'll do it here and catch up with the rest of the party.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2
Felmor Traker wrote:
Felmor breathes in the predawn air deeply, and gives a sigh of relief.

Hearing his sigh and seeing the ease on his face, Priyya gives him a smile like a spreading sunrise on a day filled with hope. "This is why I do what I do, Fel. For this feeling, right now. To face something horrible and have the pleasure of seeing again a fresh world made all the brighter by the knowledge that a shadow that would blacken it has been destroyed. If you've wondered why I walk the path I do - this moment is why."


"It's nearly time for your morning prayers, isn't it Priyya? Sister, let's wait here for a while and enjoy the dawn together."

Alis smiles in agreement and unfurls a blanket on the ground for them to sit upon.


Priyya_1 wrote:
Hearing his sigh and seeing the ease on his face, Priyya gives him a smile like a spreading sunrise on a day filled with hope. "This is why I do what I do, Fel. For this feeling, right now. To face something horrible and have the pleasure of seeing again a fresh world made all the brighter by the knowledge that a shadow that would blacken it has been destroyed. If you've wondered why I walk the path I do - this moment is why."

"Aye, I kin see why ye'd be inta this, it was...it was..." Felmor voices trails off as he searches for the proper words, but gives up. He looks into Priyya's eyes with understanding. "I neveah imagined meself as a hero, but I guess I always seen th'world needs heroes, 'n especially now. It's good ta know I made a difference 'ere" He nods at Dimira. "Guess I was always afraid ta do what it took before. I jes wanted ta shirk th' responsibility, 'n told meself, 'yer jes a sailor, non o' yer business'. That's what I told Armandia once."


Alis lays down on her tummy, chin propped up on her hands. She alternately kick her heels back and forth.

"Who's Armandia?" she asks.


Felmor glances over at Alis, and sees only curiosity in her gaze. he wonders whether he can go through this, knowing it would hurt Priyya. He, at first, does not look at Priyya, but as he spills his heart, he finds himself looking at her more and more. "Aye, Armandia. She was, or is, th'woman I loved." He looks over into Priyya's eyes, wanting to avoid telling her this, but he still respected her enough, refusing to soften the blows.

"She be a Chelaxian priestess, worshipin' th' goddess o' Justice. I met 'er while I was recoverin' from one o' me bouts of self-pity when I was in Darkmoon Vale. We traveled tagether fer a while, trying ta cure the town o'a disease which 'ad been plagueing them." He takes deep breaths, gazing once again back at Priyya

"Once we had solved the problem fer them, we hit it off, 'n we became a couple, I suppose." He voice has grown quieter, as he revisits the memories. "Aye, 'tis was a happy time fer me. But it dinna last."

He stares now at Priyya, looking for some sign of anger or betrayal in her eyes. ”She felt th’pull o’ her callin’ ‘n she could’na ignore it. She told be she needed ta return ta Galt, n’ help th’refugees thar. I askes ta go wit’ her…but she said no. She needed ta do it ‘erself.” Now they can see the tears he is holding back, threatening to overwhelm him.

I neveah understood why she did that ta me, when I would 'o stuck wit' her no matter what.

He turns to Priyya, and says in a near whisper, "I love ye' Priyya, 'n I know this be hurtful to ye. I hated ta to that ta ye, but ye deserved th' truth."


"Galt huh?" She rolls over on her back and looks at Felmor upside down. "Not exactly a lot of work for a sailor in a land-locked country..."


Felmor looks at Alis with a odd look on his face. She makin' fun o' me? Eh, it don't matter. "Yah, that be what she told me. I always thought that wasn't th' main reason fer it. I t'ink she dinnae want ta hurt me any worse then she thought she woulda if i 'ad gone wit' her. I mean she was a refugee from th' war oveah thar."


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2
Felmor Traker wrote:
He turns to Priyya, and says in a near whisper, "I love ye' Priyya, 'n I know this be hurtful to ye. I hated ta to that ta ye, but ye deserved th' truth."

Priyya looks at him sympathetically and says, "Fel, why did you think that would hurt me?"


Priyya_1 wrote:

Priyya looks at him sympathetically and says,

"Fel, why did you think that would hurt me?"

"'Cause when ye love someone, ye should worry about 'urtin that someone. 'Least, that's what I think, anyway."


Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Sensing that her comment didn't go over quite like she meant, Alis clarifies, "Well what I mean is, it would be... pretty damn hard on me to just leave the sea behind with no guarantee of returning. If Armandia really said that then I don't doubt that she wouldn't have wanted you to leave your livelihood behind like that, that's all."


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya seems a little confused. "Yes, but what about you loving her should bother me? Is it because she is a Priestess?"

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Captain Wardove, aka Alis wrote:
Sensing that her comment didn't go over quite like she meant, Alis clarifies, "Well what I mean is, it would be... pretty damn hard on me to just leave the sea behind with no guarantee of returning. If Armandia really said that then I don't doubt that she wouldn't have wanted you to leave your livelihood behind like that, that's all."

Felmor looks at Alis, and slowly nods, "Aye, well ye could be on ta somethin' thar, but I felt she dinnae want anyone else involved in what she thought was her own affair. I t twern't something she was willin' ta share th' burden."

Priyya_1 wrote:

Priyya seems a little confused. "Yes, but what about you loving her should bother me? Is it because she is a Priestess?"

Aye, mebbe. I jes dinnae want ta hurt ye. Guess I was treatin' ye like ye was some simpering barmaid, instead of th' Sureeya-Va'hack , which ye is."


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya looks at Felmor softly. "Fel, the other thing that bothers me... is that she left you without a better explanation. I can't explain why she did it. I don't know her." She takes a calming breath but continues, really wishing this conversation were not happening here, "I can only tell you why I might make the same decision in her place... if you want to know."


"Sis, Morg, how about we get Roldare and Dimira to help us get the horses ready..."

Bluff 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

With that she pulls Alexis to her feet against her protests, yoinks Roldare by the sleeve and leads them away to where the horses are tethered.

Sense Motice DC 14:
You get the idea that Alis is trying to give you two some privacy for your conversation.


Felmor is not usually one to shirk from a challenge, but on hearing Priyya's reply, fills him with a sense of dread. Ye kin do this, ye kin DO THIS! He waits for Alis and the others to leave and then says, "I cannae say I wanna 'ear this, but I t'ink I need ta hear it anyway."

Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 10


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

"Fel, what I do is dangerous. It would comfort me to know that those that I loved were alive to enjoy a world I died making safe. If I die in some cold crypt, I will have the one solace of knowing that people I love are still enjoying the sunshine, and love, and children somewhere else in the world.
I walk this path voluntarily but I wouldn't want someone else sharing that risk just because they love me. That is selfish. And I wouldn't be able to live with someone I loved dying in this dangerous line of work if their only reason to be there was me. I have enough responsibility without carrying that burden.
Finally, Fel, a Priestess dedicated to this kind of path can't offer a wonderful man like you the future you deserve. There is no 'sitting by the fire', knowing a marital bed, children, or long years of happiness. And we can never give you more than a piece of our hearts... because so much has to be given to our deities and causes. That is the price every one of us pays for the powers we are granted.
I don't know which of those reasons, or another one, caused Armandia to leave you... But these are the reasons I would give."


”Aye, she dinnae say so much in ‘er words, but she let ‘er actions speak fer themselves.” Felmor looks up at the dawning sky, wondering what it must feel like to see their goddess up there watching over them. He feels like he should be angry, but he really couldn’t be angry at her, for being the woman he loved. Aye, this is why I love ‘er so much, cause she has passion, and love fer the good people of Golarion. So different than most of the people like Suny, and that succubus, ehh, what was 'er name, back at Limbo, who existed just for their own sakes.

He draws Priyya close, and hugs her tightly. ”I jes wants ye ta know, I would be there fer ye, Priyya, because ye is worth it and ye deserves it. Ye has yer own path ta walk, ‘n I cannae hate ye fer that. I wish I could walk yer path wit’ ye, but I jes don’t have th’faith ye does. ‘Ell, Dimira has more faith than I do. I jes wants ya ta know where eveah ye goddess tells ye ta go, ye will always carry a part o’ me wit ye.”


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

"That's all I could ask for... and more than I deserve, Fel. If it makes you feel better - what little of my heart I can offer, I offer to you." Then she whispers for his ears only, "... and there is more of me I can offer, if you'll have me. But that's better discussed later and in private."


Noticing that Priyya and Felmor have finished their discussion and the warrior-priestess has completed her sunrise ritual, Alis leads the horses back over and asks, "Shall we go then?"


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

I can't remember.. Do we have horses for everyone or do a few of us need to ride two-up?


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

It looks like Roldare and Dimira are going to share a horse.


Felmor returns to the group, although everyon notices he has the remains of a blush on his face, "Aye, let's get movin' Cap'n."

Didn't we have 6 horses?

Edit, guess not, well I don't think they will mind, he he


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Well! We'll just have to watch those kids to ensure nothing happens. Can't have a romance starting in the middle of an adventure!


Yeah, romance has no place in DnD/PF, only the quest for fame and riches, he he.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

We DO have 6 horses, but we have 7 people: Alexis, Alis, Dimira, Felmor, Morgaard, Priyya, Roldare. Hence two people doubling up. :P


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Math! Wonder Twin powers ACTIVATE! Form of a Slide Rule!


Priyya_1 wrote:
Math! Wonder Twin powers ACTIVATE! Form of a Slide Rule!

And what is the other twin forming, he he"


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

I dunno, if we're talking about THE twins though, then we'll need one of those templates for drawing curves...


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

or a really big compass for drawing perfect globes.. er circles.


After Priyya and Felmor have finished their conversation and Priyya has completed her morning prayers, the seven of you begin to head back towards the town of Kassen.

As you draw near to Greylake, Alis turns in her saddle and asks, "You wanted to stop here and have a look around, right?"

Ooof, sorry for the lack of update, I'm sure you all know what I've been busy working on. Anyway, gotta head to bed now since I start the new job in the morning. No promises as to how frequently I'll be able to post while I'm still ramping up on the new skill sets — bascially everything I'll be doing will be new...


Felmor pulls up his mount, and looks back at Alis. "As I recall, there wus some sorta lake monster lairin' 'ere. Mebbe nota bad idear ta see if the critter is srill lurkin' about."


Roldare comments, "This lake is where we first ran afoul of the bandits. I think they must have, or well... had a camp nearby..."


Felmor replies, "Aye, we should check it out, make sure they ain't got no other surprises waitin' fer us."


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya nods her agreement. "Let's avoid getting too close to the lake though, for the moment. Judging by the bite marks we saw on the bandit, this creature is big."

We'll keep a close eye on 'the kids' to make sure they stay furthest away from the water. It'd be dumb to lose them now.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

You return to the region around the lake and find it eerily calm just like before. The body of the slain bandit is still there and you find a number of dead crows and vultures laying on the ground around it. Roldare and Dimira stay seated on their horse and wait from a safe distance while the rest of you scout the area.

Perception Checks:
Alexis 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Alis 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Felmor 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Morgaard 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Priyya 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Stealth Checks:
Alexis 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Alis 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Felmor 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Morgaard 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Priyya 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

The ground here seems to contain no trails now. The sandy ground is merely dappled from the heavy rains a few days past.

Priyya:
You and Alis both spot what appears to be a rowboat pulled up on the shore on the far side of the lake.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya nudges Alis in a friendly manner and nods towards the far shore. "You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'? It looks like we are in for a long walk."

Laith, is there an island in this lake?

Woot! 1600!


Felmor trails along after the ladies, a distracted look on his face. his thoughts are on what Priyya told him earlier. He overhears the comment, and says quietly, "Ye find somethin'?"


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

She points across the lake. "There is a rowboat on the shore over there."


Felmor sees the rowboat, and comments, "Curious, so that be our destination? Ye think thar be some bandits still alive?"


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

"No idea... but I think it is a place to start."

1,551 to 1,600 of 1,844 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Side-Treks All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.