Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Wardove's Side-Treks

Game Master Laithoron


1,401 to 1,450 of 1,844 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 7

Felmor gives a silent prayer of thanks that the hug was ending, he was starting to get uncomfortable there for a moment. Aye, she be a shy one. Jes glad its... Then Priyya, a gleam in her eyes, hugs the two of them before Alexis disengages and he feels himself pressed against Alexis once again. Aye, Priyya ye is enjoying this, ain't ye, ye is gonna git it later. Felmor is well aware of how curvy Alexis is, and he feels her touches on his back. Please stop it , 'Lexis He silently begs for a release. No such luck as Alis now presses against him. At this point, Felmor really regrets not working off his...desires with Priyya last night.

Finally the hug is broken by Priyya, and Felmor looks into her laughing eyes, and thinks, Wow, i cannae be mad at 'er, jes hope 'Lexis will get even wit' her.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya, feeling mercurial and mischievous for no good reason is tempted to enlist the Kirmoons in giving Morgaard a girls-only hug-fest but decides against it. He'd probably see it as foolish shenanigans.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

XP: correction (3176 + 216 = 3392/5000)

Thanks Eric!


Laithoron wrote:

XP: correction (3176 + 216/5000)

Thanks Eric!

No problem, I don't like being cheated of XP, ha ha


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2

"Alright, break it up kids, we've got a villain to re-kill."

With that Morgaard rescues Felmor from the three lovely women and hands him a handkerchief with which to stop his nosebleed.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

The five of you retrace your steps back to the room with the reflection pool and brace yourself for the effect that plagued you on your first attempt to breach the chamber (+2 to saves since you know what to expect).

Will Saves:
Alexis 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 19 half-elf
Alis 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 18 half-elf
Felmor 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 1 = 21
Morgaard 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 17
Priyya 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 24

While disturbing visions once again form in the pool, this time you are not so easily deceived by its compulsions.

Perception Checks:
Alexis 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Alis 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Felmor 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Morgaard 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Priyya 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Stealth Checks:
Alexis 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Alis 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Felmor 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Morgaard 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Priyya 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

In short order you scout the room beyond the now raised portcullis. Unlike before, it is now deathly quiet with none of the squeaking bat cries you heard yesterday. Like the room on the north side of the reflection hall, the walls of this chamber are inset with dozens of niches on which the dead might be interred.

You spend some time searching it for traps or anything that might avail you, but it appears as if this room has never seen use and is empty.


Once you are satisfied with that, Alis moves down the hallway while the rest of you set-up in a defensive position. Upon reaching the end, she finds a closed door which she inspects before cracking open for a look-see.

Inside she finds a vast chamber with a vaulted ceiling. It shows significant signs of damage, with numerous cracks along its surface. In the center of the room, a 10-foot-wide bridge crosses a deep chasm. On the other side, a pair of stone statues watch over the end of the bridge in front of a set of grand brass double doors. The statues depict villagers holding shields and spears.

The princess returns to describe what she saw and the rest of you form up behind her and follow.

Perception Checks:
Alexis 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Alis 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Felmor 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Morgaard 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Priyya 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Stealth Checks:
Alexis 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Alis 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Felmor 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Morgaard 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Priyya 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

She stops just short of the bridge and whispers, "I really don't like the look of this, hold on a sec."

MAP: Room 21 #00


With the rest of you standing at the back of the room, Alis approaches the bridge checking the floor and inspecting damn near everything else as she goes. After some time, she shrugs her shoulders and begins to proceed across. You are just about to follow when suddenly the statues at the far end slide forward with surprising speed!

Bullrush vs CMD 14 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

The statues impact Alis hard knocking her clear off the bridge and into the dark chasm below!

"SHIIIIIIIT!"


Reflex 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

With quick thinking, Alexis jumps forward points down and shouts, "Featherfall!"


Just as soon as Alis' scream began, it ends and you hear a chagrined voice call out from far below, "Oh! Um... thanks Sis! Can you see if Morgaard has a rope please?"

The old dwarf mops his brow with his hand before fishing a length of rope from his pack and letting it down for Alis to climb. With Felmor bracing him (just-in-case), he moves over to the corner and holds the rope for Alis to climb back up.

Climb Checks (DC 0)
1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 5 = 14 accelerated
1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 5 = 10 accelerated

In a few short moments, Alis is top-side again where-upon she beings tying the rope around her waist before checking the bridge for traps again.

"Son of a—"

Disable Device 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

With the dust-filled tracks in the floor now clearly visible, Alis able to find the pressure plates in the bridge and jam them with shims so that they can't move. Just to be certain, she jumps up and down on it several times until she's satisfied that it's secure. Once across to the other side, she unties the rope and moves around to the back of the statues...

Disable Device 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

...and disables the slide mechanism on both statues. After going of the rest of the room, she finally waves the rest of you across where you find yourselves standing before a huge set of brass double doors. Carved in the floor before them is a seal that has badly defaced by blows from a powerful edged weapon: B–yon– r––ts K––se–, H––o of th– F––gw––d, ––fen––r of –e Ju––.

XP: +120 each (3392 + 120 = 3512/5000)


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Just wanted to say I'm back! Had a bit of network trouble and had to do an emergency yard repair. Thanks for NPCing me in the various games.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

No problem! Fortunately, it seems to have gone better than hoped for in Arcadia. Here's hoping we can survive all the damn bugs in the other game.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Yeah, it is bug central! That roll of 1 DAM on the swarm didn't help either.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

The link above wasn't working for me so...LINK


Priyya_1 wrote:
The link above wasn't working for me so...LINK

Merci Beaucoup


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

That's French, Tish...


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya rubs the inscription and says quietly, "I make this as Beyond Rests Kassen, Hero of the Fangwood, Defender of... something or other. I figure this is the crypt and the end of the line. I'm thinking now would be the time to load up on magic and everything else. We could listen at the door, see if our opponents are chatty. It would be nice if they confirmed that speculation." She smiles grimly, "Perhaps Alis, you should check for traps."

She glows fiercely, seemingly on fire. Her unnatural gaze rests on each of them individually, conveying different emotions for each one - from sisterly affection to respect to love, "It has been a great honor and pleasure getting to know all of you. I... I don't have the luxury of getting close to many people and I appreciate how kind you've all been. I will do my very best for you now and hopefully Sarenrae will see fit to help our efforts."


Felmor looks over at the ladies and Morgaard, and thinks to himself, I be a lucky man ta know all of them. I dinnae know what is gonna happen here but I think I can be thankful for getting this chance ta know them. Not th' way I imagined it but so be it.

Felmor looks over at all of them, and clears his throat, then says to Alis thickly,"Alis, I jes wanna say, 'tis been an honor servin' wit' ye Cap'n." He gives her a smart sailors salute.

He then turns to Alexis, nods and gives her an awkward bow. "'Lexis, ye beauty is matched only by ye courage 'n ye compassion 'ere fer us, 'n everyone ye know."

To Morgaard, he simply says, "We sure could use more dwarf sailors, kinda wished more sailors was like ye. Ye is truly an anchor."

To Priyya, he just looks at her for what seems like an eternity, allowing his love for her to shine through his eyes. "I gotta say this t' ye now. Priyya, I love ye." He turns away, wiping his tears away, and looking at the doors.

He gets a resolute look on his face, and motions to the door,"Let's do this."


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2

Morgaard gives a light chuckle at Felmor's compliment.

"You're a good lad Felmor. Alis would be well served to have you on her crew. I'm sure you'd make a fine man for Miss Priyya here too. Lord knows, Priyya, you've done a fine job keepin' the rest of us out of trouble. You've a fierceness and determination that any dwarven woman would hold in high esteem."

The dwarf gives you each a heart-felt handshake and clasps your shoulders with his left hand as he does.

He looks at the twin princesses.

"Girls? No... Ladies. I can tell you that your parents would be mighty proud of how you've handled yourselves. You've made me proud too. If more nobles were like you Kirmoons, this world would be a better place."

He gives the both of them a big, fatherly hug before taking up his axe.


For once, Princess Alexis seems at a loss for words. She returns Morgaard's hug with all the strength her little arms can muster before giving her sister a hug too.

Turning to Felmor and Priyya, she says, "I wanted to thank you, Priyya for being someone that I could confide in and talk to. Thanks for looking after all of us. I hope that you are someday able to find whatever it is that you are looking for."

"And Felmor," she says looking up at the rugged sailor, "someday I hope to establish a new duchy in Arcadia. When the time comes, I'd be honored if you captained my flagship."

She and Alis exchange looks, no words needing to be spoken to understand their commitment to one another.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2
Morgaard  wrote:

"Lord knows, Priyya, you've done a fine job keepin' the rest of us out of trouble. You've a fierceness and determination that any dwarven woman would hold in high esteem."

The dwarf gives you each a heart-felt handshake and clasps your shoulders with his left hand as he does.

Priyya blushes furiously at the usually stoic dwarf's praise. "I'm afraid a handshake won't do it, Mor, not for so high a compliment from a warrior such as yourself. Forgive my impertinence..." She kisses him on the lips, from her toes on up.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2
Alexis Kirmoon wrote:
"I wanted to thank you, Priyya for being someone that I could confide in and talk to."

Priyya holds her hand, "The honor has been mine, Princess. I hope you have many more opportunities to confide in me, yet."


Lastly, the shortest member of your group (by half an inch anyway), looks up at the rest of you with a serious yet loving look on her pretty young face. "Ladies, gentlemen... this trip hasn't been exactly what any of us planned for when we set out. In spite of that, you have all remained resolute and courageous in spite of it."

"It isn't something I have been able to say of many people, but I want all of you to know that I consider you the truest of friends. Now then, let's kick Asar's a$$ back to the afterlife, save the girl, and have a night on the town!"


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya laughs, "Well said, Alis! Let's destroy this b@stard and get some booze. I'm buying."


Alexis Kirmoon wrote:

"And Felmor," she says looking up at the rugged sailor, "someday I hope to establish a new duchy in Arcadia. When the time comes, I'd be honored if you captained my flagship."

Felmor's mouth hangs open for a moment, and he closes it again, looking like he was poleaxed. "Uhhh, 'Lexis, I mean Lady Alexis, ye do me great honor. 'N I believe when the time is right , I be considerin'it a privilegee ta man yer helm, I mean yer flagship's helm. You jes need ta say th' word 'n I will be thar, come hell or high tides!"

Priyya_1 wrote:
Priyya blushes furiously at the usually stoic dwarf's praise. "I'm afraid a handshake won't do it, Mor, not for so high a compliment from a warrior such as yourself. Forgive my impertinence..." She kisses him on the lips, from her toes on up.

Felmor wonders whether he should object at the kiss, but realizes interrupting the kiss would be hazardous to his health. And not from the doughty dwarf. He hurriedly glances over his shoulder, and makes sure the ladies don't get any ideas.

Once the kiss is complete, he sidles over to Morgaard, and says,

Perception DC 15 or Morgaard

Spoiler:
"Aye she kin kiss, can't she?"

He then draws his weapons and readies for the final showdown.


Captain Wardove, aka Alis wrote:
"It isn't something I have been able to say of many people, but I want all of you to know that I consider you the truest of friends. Now then, let's kick Asar's a$$ back to the afterlife, save the girl, and have a night on the town!"
Priyya_1 wrote:
Priyya laughs, "Well said, Alis! Let's destroy this b@stard and get some booze. I'm buying."

Felmor grins at the last comment, "Aye ladies, ye should neveah tell a sailor, yer buyin', fer he'll drink ye inta th' poorhouse!" He chuckles at that.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Perception (Felmor) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Felmor wrote:
"Aye she kin kiss, can't she?"

"Oy, Scalliwag! No comparing notes!"


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

All of you feel inspired and emboldened by Alis' bravado (Inspire courage: +1 Morale bonus on Attack and Damage rolls).

Alexis casts Light of Lunia and begins to glow like an angel. She next casts Shield on herself followed by Protection from Evil on Morgaard.

While she is casting, Morgaard and Felmor apply the weapon oils they found in the closet by the wood golem to their weapons. Morgaard to his axe, Felmor to his trusty belaying pin.
Magic Weapon: +1 Enhancement bonus to a single weapon for 3 minutes (30 rounds).

Meanwhile Priyya casts Shield of Faith on Felmor, Magic weapon on Alis' mace, and Divine Favor on everyone from the wand she has (+2 luck bonus to attack rolls and weapon damage).

Lastly, she casts daylight on herself illuminating the entire area in bright light.

Total Bonuses:
Attack Rolls: +3 to hit. (+4 with Magic Weapon)
Damage Rolls: +3 to hit. (+4 with Magic Weapon)
Saves: +1 vs. Charm & Fear.

  • Alexis: AC 10 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 20 dex, armor, shield
  • Alis: AC 10 + 3 + 4 + 1 = 18 dex, armor, buckler
  • Felmor: AC 10 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 2 = 21 dex, armor, buckler, shield of faith
  • Morgaard: AC 10 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 18 dex, armor, prot vs evil
  • Priyya: AC 10 + 1 + 4 = 15 dex, armor

    Durations:
    With the exception of Divine Favor (10 rounds) and Inspire Courage (9 rounds), everything else should be sufficient to last thru the final battle.


  • Priyya_1 wrote:
    "Oy, Scalliwag! No comparing notes!"

    "Ach such talk, comin from such purty lips, he he"

    Laithoron, Felmor will also drink the Potion of Bear's Endurance he found as well, thanks.


    Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

    Felmor FTW! Doesn't Morgaard have an potion of Bull's STR?


    Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

    Good call, I completely forgot about those!


    Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

    Final Battle

    Having checked and rechecked the door for traps while everyone was casting, Alis gives the nod to Morgaard and Felmor and with a strong push they heave the massive brass doors open.

    The wide doors swing open on silent hinges to reveal a vast crypt. The only light emanates from a torch mounted above the crypt, flickering with a pale golden fire. Tall pillars march across the chamber, ending at a dais on the far side, on which is set a large stone sarcophagus.
    A single form rests at the foot of the coffn, that of a comely woman in tattered clothing. She appears to be asleep or unconscious.

    If you want to rearrange your positions real fast, you may each make a single move action to do so.

    MAP: Room 22 #00


    Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

    I'm thinking Priyya should perhaps be behind Alexis?
    EDIT - safety-wise it might be better to keep her between Mor and Priyya - although she does have a better AC than me. LOL


    Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

    That or she could move back to stand next to you.

    BTW, you are all currently standing on a staircase that leads down into the room. The top of the stairs are 10 feet above the rest of the floor.


    Alexis adjusts her positioning to stand next to Priyya atop the stairs.


    Felmor whispers to Alis, "Aye, I think he's waitin fer us ta make th' first move, 'tis a trap, as ye well kin figger out. Lets get off th' stairs."


    Felmor whispers tp Alis, "I think 'es waitin' fer us ta make th' first move. Lets git off these stairs."


    Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

    "I'd suggest we move as a group and stay as a group. Watch the walls and columns in case there are incorporeals hiding. Let's get to the girl, make sure she IS a girl and see what comes."


    Felmor nods at her, and fights back a feeling of doom.


    You make your way forward and Alis checks on the girl and signals to the rest of you that she still appears to be alive and breathing, though unconscious.

    No sooner does she do so than there is a loud boom behind you as the heavy doors swing shut. A dry mirthless laugh echoes throughout the dark recesses of the tomb.

    "So, Kassen’s heroes have come to fight me again. You will make fine minions in my army of the dead. Come and meet your fate!"

    With that, a wicked-looking skeleton strides into view from behind a pillar. It wears polished mail and brandishes a cruel glowing sword in both hands. A cold blue flame burns in its empty eye sockets.

    INITIATIVE
    Alexis 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
    Alis 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
    Felmor 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
    Morgaard 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
    Priyya 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
    Asar 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
    Undead 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

    MAP: Room 22 #01
    Soundtrack: End of All Hope Eric wanted another one too

    Next Up: Asar, Priyya, Morgaard, Felmor, (undead), Alis, Alexis


    With out wasting any time, Asar raises his wicked blade and shouts, "Arise my immortal warriors!"

    A wave of crackling black energy bursts from the blade filling the chamber as it races along the floor. From all around, you can hear the rattling of bones and the scraping of stone coffin lids as they are pushed open from within!

    Asar then moves due west positioning himself near a large archway.

    MAP: Room 22 #01b

    Next Up: Priyya, Morgaard, Felmor, (undead), Alis, Alexis (full round action spent getting out of tombs)


    Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

    Priyya eyes the daunting figure with feral joy, her body wreathed in eldritch flames, "Asar, you foul puppet! Surrender your spirit to the judgment of Sarenrae and be DAMNED!"

    Priyya casts Cure Light Wounds and holds the charge of positive energy in her hand. "Embrace me, fiend, and see what Sarenrae has in store for you and all your foul brethren."


    "I shall enjoy saving you until last, little one. Perhaps I shall enjoy your embrace after you have watched my minions have their way with the other two!"


    Male Dwarf Barbarian 2

    Asar's taunt is met by an ear-splitting roar of unbridled rage from Morgaard.

    "I'll fu<k your hollow skull first!"

    He charges the fiend, his berserk rage lending him strength.

    Great Axe 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 20 power attack, rage, bull's str, buffs, charge
    dmg 1d12 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 16 power attack, rage, bull's str, buffs


    Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

    Morgaard's attack strikes Asar but just barely. While it is a blow that would have split any normal man in twain, the undead warrior remains firm in his stance.

    Felmor:
    From within your mind, you hear a voice calling to you. Take my sword, strike down Asar. Protect what you hold dear!

    Next Up: Felmor, (undead), Alis, Alexis, Asar, Priyya, Morgaard; (full round action spent getting out of tombs)
    MAP: Room 22 #01c


    Felmor grips his weapons and starts to move towards Asar, but as the ladies watch him, his face which had a determined look on it, suddenly goes blank. He moves almost as if in a trance, not paying attention to either Alis, Alexis, or the other skeletons, and moves to the dais BF11 and reaches into the sarcophagus, looking for something.

    Laithoron

    Spoiler:
    He will spend a move action searching for a sword inside the sarcophagus, hoping it is not hidden somehow.

    1,401 to 1,450 of 1,844 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Side-Treks All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.