Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Wardove's Side-Treks

Game Master Laithoron


1,301 to 1,350 of 1,844 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Note, each square inside the room is difficult terrain and will cost 2 squares of movement to enter.

Since Priyya is in front of him and Eric has gone to bed, Felmor delays until she has taken her move.

Next Up: Priyya, Felmor, Alis, Alexis, enemies, Morgaard

MAP: Room 14 #01


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya moves into a flanking position with Morgaard AI17 and strikes at the crypt frog.

Standard Action - Single Hit (scimitar crit: 18+):
To Hit: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

EDIT - forgot it was a surprise round - I'll move to AH16 since I've got only one action.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Felmor, ever the protective one, follows Priyya into the frog room. AH15


With Priyya and Felmor in position, Alis takes another shot at Kermie...

Lt Xbow 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 2 = 7 Felmor

...and instead grazes the top of Felmor's hat.

"Oops! Sorry about that!"


Alexis shakes her head and tries to see if she can do better...

Launch Bolt 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 2 = 15 Felmor
dmg 1d8 ⇒ 6

...and she guide another shot home.


Male Human Fighter 4

The giant frog, now looking like a giant pin-cushion, is evidently distressed by the treatment it has received at these uninvited guests. It attempts to hop away drawing attack of opportunity from three blood-thirsty humanoids...

Felmor 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
dagger +1 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Morgaard 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 1 = 22
power attack 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Priyya 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Just as Priyya is about to swing, Felmor's new dagger, pierces the creature's belly and it collapses. A moment later, Morgaard's axe thuds home splattering frog gibs everywhere!

No sooner is the first frog down than are more on you!

With loud splashes, another frog hops up on top of the middle sarcophagus, while another emerges from the water along the chambers south wall. Both attempt to ensnare the prey closest to them with their sticky tongues...

Frog Attacks on...
Morgaard 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Priyya 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

...however both of them ably avoid the attacks.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2

Undaunted, Morgaard takes a step forward and swing his axe...

Greataxe 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 1 = 9 power attack
dmg 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

"Damn water's throwing off my footwork..."


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Morgaard's attack missing sending a plume of water up into the air when is splashes into the drink.

Next Up: Priyya, Felmor, Alis, Alexis, enemies, Morgaard

MAP: Room 14 #02


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Can Priyya use that attack rolled in the surprise round - on the frog at AJ18?

Reprinting it:

Standard Action - Single Hit (scimitar crit: 18+):
To Hit: 1d20 + 4 &#8658; (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 &#8658; (6) + 3 = 9


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Priyya steps up and delivers a vicious downward slash across the frog's back as it attempts to duck back underwater.

Next Up: Felmor, Alis, Alexis, enemies, Morgaard, Priyya
MAP: Room 14 #02b


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Felmor clambers cautiously over the sarcophagus and lands on the other side AI18 to attempt a set of vicious blows on the frog engaged with Priyya.

Acrobatics roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

dagger:
To Hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Confirm CRIT w/dagger:
To Hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Additional Damage: +1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Well experienced with keeping his footing on a slippery deck awash with green water, Felmor vaults over the sarcophagus. He puts his full weight into the attack opening a deep gash that turns the murky waters red.

The grievously wounded frog's mouth gapes open and it gives a rattling croak. Seeing that it is nearly finished, Alis aims carefully hoping to put it down...

Lt Xbow 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 4 = 13
dmg 1d8 ⇒ 7

Her attack connects, the bolt disappearing down its open mouth. With a splash it succumbs to the fatal wounds it suffered and slumps forward, bobbing up and down in the water.


Not to be outdone, Alexis fires off another shot...

Launch Bolt 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 4 = 22
Crit? 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 4 = 19 yes
dmg 2d8 ⇒ (6, 8) = 14 dizamn

...sinking her bolt deep into the last frog's right eye.


Frightened and confused, the starving frog attempts to leap towards the smaller more brightly-colored prey in the doorway...

Acrobatics 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 holy sh1t what's up with the dice tonight?!

As if it was fired from a slingshot, the frog's leap clears the room evading Morgaard and Felmor's attempts to slash at it. Alis gives a shriek of surprise as the oversized frog launches at her, but she ducks at the last second...

Bite 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21
dmg 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Free Grab 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

...which unfortunately puts Alexis right in its path.

As it flies, the frog's tongue lashes out, striking Alexis in the chest. It pulls her into its mouth as it lands behind Alis, and you are greeted by the what is possibly the loudest scream you have heard in quite some time, courtesy of Alexis!

"By... the... GODS!!!!!"


"Oh my god, it ate Alexis! YOU BASTARD!"


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2

"Like hell it has!"

Acrobatics 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Morgaard attempts to catch up to and tumble past the giant frog, but is unable to do so ending up next to Alis.


With a log-jam of people in front of them, Priyya and Felmor can make neither melee nor ranged attacks, nor fit into the hallway. Forced delay until things get clear.

Alis attempts to tumble past the frog to block its path...

Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

...but is unable to do so. The frog is unable to make and AoO since it already has Alexis (whose legs you can see flailing furiously) in its mouth.


Doing what little she can, Alexis gives a flick of her wrist bringing her concealed dagger into her grasp. She attempts to stab the giant from from within its mouth...

Dagger 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

...but it has her arms firmly pinned.


Male Human Fighter 4

Without further ado, the frog leaps away, bounding down the corridor before hanging a left into the room with the azure fungus. Although you can't see it, you can hear a deafening thunderclap followed by an equally loud BANG from down the hallway!

Azure Fungus 3d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 6) = 12


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2

"ALEXIS!"

Morgaard charges down the hallway, heedless of any danger to himself in order to help the girl.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

The sight inside the room would be comical if not for the fact that you can already hear another charge starting to build up on the fungus.

Alexis is kneeling on the floor inside the exploded remains of a giant frog, covered in charred gore. A thin tendril of smoke curls up from her rear which she is rubbing gingerly with one hand as struggles to her feet shaking from the shock she just received. Her shoulder-length blonde hair stands on end and is full of foul green and red fluids.

Before she can launch into a monologue, Morgaard snatches her up and hauls ass back out of the room before anything else can go wrong.

XP: +240 each 2936 + 240 = 3176/5000


Morgaard sets the half-baked beauty down on the floor of the inscription room, back to the wall. Alis comes running in immediately after him and just kneels by her sister holding her tight and wiping gunk out of her face and hair.

As she does so, Alexis looks up at the rest of you and winces. In the overly loud voice of someone who can't hear well she says, "Th- th- th- tha-aat wu-wu-was aaaw-f-ful!"

HP Remaining:
Alexis 17 - 2 - 12 = 3

MAP: Room 13 #10


And thus the dreaded Frombies were laid low.
Nary to return from that electric glow.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

The irony is, these were actually not undead yet. 'Tis a nice rhyme though.


Ok, i thought of one more... then i'll go back to lurking..

I once dreamed up a poem for Laith...
and he punched it in the junk.

Ok, maybe that one's not a good. :D


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

OMG! I almost spewed water all over my monitor! XD

Post-Game Trash Talk Wrap-Up...
Alexis: In your eye, beastie!
Frog: GIT IN MUH BELLAH!


Felmor had heard sailor's stories about poor unfortunate souls who had been eaten by giant frogs. One of the main reasons sailors always carried small concealable weapons with them at all times.

He walks over to Alexis, and tries to cheer her up, somehow. Apparently, that room wasn't such a good idea after all. He starts speaking softly, but on realizing she cannot hear him that well, continues in a louder voice "What ye did thar was verra brave, ye dinnae lose ye head, 'n i seen hardened sailors go all ta pieces when dealin' wit' them ugly frogs. I guess when a frog kisses a princess, 'taint always love at first kiss, he he."

We should probably search the room the frogs were in, just to be sure.


Alexis winces in pain even as she laughs. As Alis cleans her sister up with a prestidigitation cantrip, she chimes in, "Yeah, next time Sis remember that you have to land the first kiss, not the frog."

Alexis sticks out her tongue and pokes Alis in the side giving her a mild zap when she does. The two both recoil a bit from the shock before sighing.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

On Alexis, Priyya converts two of her remaining spells and casts...

Cure Light Wounds
RANGE: Touch
HEAL: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7

Honestly? What terrible rolls!

Decision time, folks. Alexis is at a bit more than half strength courtesy of Sarenrae (Paizo Dice God) abandoning her stalwart cleric. I've got one more burst and one more spell. I'm inclined to heal up Alexis fully, recon the rest of this area and then maybe retreat and rest up. But if we want to push it - I'll push it. Thoughts?


If you are casting it 2× then that would be 2d8+4

HP Remaining:
Alexis 3 + 9 = 12/17

Alexis looks considerably better after Priyya's ministrations. "For a second there I was wondering if the ringing in my ears was going to be permanent. I'm relieved to know that's not going to be the case. Thank you, Priyya."


Captain Wardove, aka Alis wrote:
"Yeah, next time Sis remember that you have to land the first kiss, not the frog."

The Spirit of Rath appears (doing a lot of fake wooo woooooo-ing) and says in a disembodied voice, "But Alis that's not how OUR kiss happened, is it?"


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2
Alexis Kirmoon wrote:
If you are casting it 2× then that would be 2d8+4

Yep. I grabbed the wrong Priyya cheat sheet!


"Alis... Alis...? Alissariel!"

Alis shakes her head, eyes wide and looks around at all of you, blinking a few times. "Are you alright, you had a far-away look in your eyes for a moment there, I was worried something had possessed you!"

OH NO YOU DI'INT!!! You– you– ninja'd #1337 away from me! *breaks down and cries* That's it, rocks fall, everyone dies!


Ravarath wrote:
Captain Wardove, aka Alis wrote:
"Yeah, next time Sis remember that you have to land the first kiss, not the frog."
The Spirit of Rath appears (doing a lot of fake wooo woooooo-ing) and says in a disembodied voice, "But Alis that's not how OUR kiss happened, is it?"

Would you care to repeat that louder, please?


Suddenly snapping out of it, Alis has the uncontrollable urge to sneeze.

"Phew! Where'd that come from? Damn dusty tombs..."

Justin, did you remember to treat the level-up as a full night's rest? I'm trying to remember if Alexis and Alis have even used up any spells since we dinged. I know that Alexis cast Color Spray from her wand, has Alis healed anyone yet? At any rate, some more scouting followed by a rest might not be a bad idea...


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2
Captain Wardove, aka Alis wrote:
Justin, did you remember to treat the level-up as a full night's rest? I'm trying to remember if Alexis and Alis have even used up any spells since we dinged. I know that Alexis cast Color Spray from her wand, has Alis healed anyone yet? At any rate, some more scouting followed by a rest might not be a bad idea...

Yep. Since we rested in Roldare's place we've gone through the battle with the golem, the legion of undead, healing Mor and Alexis in the arrow room, all the way to here. If I'm wrong - which is possible - it is most likely I forgot to account for a positive energy blast which puts Priyya totally out of bursts and with one spell remaining, Bless, which I'm thinking of converting to CLW for Alexis. Priyya is pretty much tapped out.


Lureene Ourson wrote:
Would you care to repeat that louder, please?

The Spirit of Rath, which only speaks once so that it adds more gravity to his words, has wisely fled... with more 'wooo wooo-ing'. :)


Alis looks at her sister, wets her thumb on her tongue and cleans a smudge of something off her cheek which elicits a grimace from the young mage.

CLW 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

HP Remaining:
Alexis 12 + 9 = 21/17

Alis smiles with satisfaction. "There, all better now!"


"Mebbe we kin 'ave a quick look 'round, 'n then rest up."


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2
Alexis Kirmoon wrote:
OH NO YOU DI'INT!!! You– you– ninja'd #1337 away from me! *breaks down and cries* That's it, rocks fall, everyone dies!

As was wisely set down in the Tome of Sheboygen, it says, "Hell hath no fury like a thoroughly ninja'd Kirmoon. And lo, it was true."

FWIW - big apologies for ninja'ing you if you were planning to give Alexis a rapier riposte... since she wasn't at that 'soiree', where the aforementioned kiss happened, I didn't think she knew about it.


"Well we need to search the frog room and then there was a door I saw in its south-east corner. That should connect to the hallway on the opposite side of the shock room."

Nah, it's OK, I just felt the need to call attention to us passing #1337. Oh, and Alexis doesn't know about that kiss. Only Alis heard Rath's ghostly whisper. ;)


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya nods in agreement. "Hopefully, we can find the lever that opens the gate in the pool room before we rest. That way, when we are all fresh, we can quickly pop the gate from here and then jump on whatever evil lurks beyond the gate." Priyya's eyes glow, she is clearly excited, despite her fatigue, to get at the source of the problem.


"Aye, Priyya, I'm all fer that, this guy in 'ere 'as caused nuttin' but trouble!" Aye, she is beautiful when she gits ta glowin' like that. Now where is th'fountain room again?


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

You return to the 'frog room' and give it a good once over.

Perception Checks:
Alexis 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Alis 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Felmor 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Morgaard 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Priyya 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

At the far end of the chamber, Priyya finds what appears to be a 'nest' built from mud, sticks, and debris. She also uncovers the body of a partially eaten human...

Heal 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

...whom she determines has been dead for about the same length of time as the bandit you found by the lake a few days ago. On his person, she finds a gold ring set with a single aquamarine that detects as magic, and a pouch containing 30 gold pieces matching the ones found on the other bandits.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya hands the ring over to Alexis, "Could you possibly identify this?"


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Alexis and Priyya have a look at the ring together to try and determine what it does.

Spellcraft Checks:
Alexis 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 = 32 AA from Priyya
Priyya 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 AA on Alexis

It's just all or nothing today, huh?

With Priyya's help, Alexis determines that the ring aids one in swimming. Ring of Swimming: It continually grants the wearer a +5 competence bonus on Swim checks.

Once the others have finished searching the room, Morgaard sets about breaking down the door (it was stuck like the last one)...

Great Axe 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 1 = 13 power attack
dmg 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

...and turns it into planks.


"Yep, connects thru to that hallway just like we though, Felmor! Wait here a moment everyone, I'll be right back..."

With that Alis takes to the shadows and scouts ahead.

Stealth 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 2 = 24 water

A few moments later, she reappears and says, "The next room up contains a big wheel that looks like it is linked up to some heavy chains. I think it's what we're looking for to open that gate..."

OK, and with that I need to get to bed. Feel free to plan, roleplay, regroup and rest, etc.

MAP: Room 16 #00


Felmor looks over the ring, thinking, Aye, she would lokk verra beautiful wearin' it. On hearing it is aring of Swimming, he says to her quietly in her ear, I think ye should keep it Priyya, it kinda matches yer eyes, 'n knowing how ta swim not be a bad t'ing either..."

"Should we return 'n check up on Roldare?" He asks the others, a slight flush on his face, after talking to Priyya.

1,301 to 1,350 of 1,844 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Side-Treks All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.