Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Wardove's Side-Treks

Game Master Laithoron


1 to 50 of 1,844 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The door's frame crackles at Alis' touch and the the plane of shadowy substance yawning inside it ripples like gelatin smacked with a spoon before stabilizing after a few moments. Grinning broadly, she skips thru and those who follow find themselves standing upon sun-lit cobblestone streets, a salty breeze drifting thru the air. "Welcome to Cassomir!" she says.

"At noon we'll be boarding a small Minkai dhow I chartered called The Jade Coi. A couple members of Captain Qoian's crew are on extended leave taking care of some family business, but when I told him we had enough sailors among us for at least a skeleton crew, he agreed to the job. If any of you need to do any shopping in the meantime then feel free. Otherwise we can can get an early start on things."

Feel free to handle any shopping, etc. out-of-character. If there's any questions, just ask. Otherwise, we can move on once everyone is ready.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Arms full of back-pack, Suny comes racing out of the portal to stumble haphazardly into

1) Alis Wardove,

2) Priyya_1,

3) Felmor Traker,

4) Morgaard,

5) Alexis Kirmoon,

6) Possible random passerby,

1d6 ⇒ 4

Reflex Save:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya looks at Alis quizzically. "I don't know the Avistani ways of traveling, perhaps you have many porters and boxes. As for me, all I have is all you see and it will suffice. I am ready now. If you wish some distraction before proceeding, I will accompany you."


"Hmm... well, porters aren't a bad idea buuuut— that would go against the spirit of having an adventure now, wouldn't it?"

Suddenly and Without Warning™:

Suny wrote:
"Wait fer me you guyyyysssss!"

Suny take 10 CMB Bullrush of 12 vs. Morgaard's Bullrush CMD of 20

Reflex DC = 10 + 20 - 12 = 18

The lithe brown elf comes racing thru the portal and immediately crashes into the brick wall that is Morgaard. With a loud *THUD* she bounces off and lands on her rear — a bit sore, but otherwise unharmed.

"Oh Suny!" Alis looks surprised to see you, "I thought you didn't want to come along. All that about not feeling useful inland. Did you change your mind then?"


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

repeating from previous thread... because it amuses me. :p

Felmor Traker wrote:
Turning to Priyya, he offers his hand, and takes her, planting a soft kiss on the palm, "It is a pleasure ta mee'cha." Man this polite stuff is gonna kill me.

Priyya, who offered her hand to shake as a man might, is surprised when Felmor kisses it. Her fist closes around her scimitar scabbard and she punches him lightly in the chest with it. "Oy! Don't go mistaking me for some city-soft, tavern wench you can separate from her dress with a wink and a drink, sailor."


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

BONK!

BOUNCE

THUD!

"Owwie..."

Suny sits sprawled upon the street cobblestones for a moment, catching her breath wincing.

She looks up at Alis..."I dun't want t' be any trouble..." She says quietly, still sprawled where she's fallen. A definite colour has risen in the blond Elf's cheeks.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1

Morgaard grimaces at the mild impact, then reaches down to help Suny to her feet. He grumbles under his breath:

Dwarvish:
Not very elegant for an elf, this one...

He continues in step with the Kirmoons.


Morgaard's Will Save vs. DC 12 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Morgaard:
When you help Suny to her feet, you notice that the fabric of her clothes is insubstantial and has no sensation to it. Putting 2 and 2 together, you realize that all she's wearing right now is an illusion.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.
Morgaard wrote:
Morgaard grimaces at the mild impact, then reaches down to help Suny to her feet. He grumbles under his breath. He continues in step with the Kirmoons.

Suny accepts Morgaards' hand and help getting back upon her bare, brown feet. As the others begin to move off Suny takes a moment to brush herself down, sweeping any dust or dirt off herself before skipping to catch up with everyone.

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

"Oh! Hey! Is you a real Dwarf, then?" She asks sounding fascinated, her large blue eyes staring at Morgaard. She moves up closer to watch him even more intensely.


Having not interacted with Suny yet, Alexis looks at her as if she has two heads, "Well of course he's a real dwarf, what else would he be?"


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.
Alexis Kirmoon wrote:
Alexis looks at her as if she has two heads, "Well of course he's a real dwarf, what else would he be?"

Suny blinks innocently at Alexis,

"I dun't know. I in't never seen a real Dwarven Dwarf afore." She shifts her pack about in her arms. "I mean, some o' th' folks whut has turned up home over th' years....I think there was um..." and her voice trails off as she tries to think back.

Wis Check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

"Maybe Gnomes an' Half-lings..? But Never does I remember seein' a real Dwarf amongst th' ship crews." She says, leaning closer and looking intently at Morgaard again.


Knowledge Geography (untrained) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"Judging by your accent, I'm guessing that you come from somewhere near the Eye of Abendego. I suppose you wouldn't get many dwarves out that way, would you?"


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.
Alexis Kirmoon wrote:
"Judging by your accent, I'm guessing that you come from somewhere near the Eye of Abendego. I suppose you wouldn't get many dwarves out that way, would you?"

Suny nods in response to Alexis' question, though her gaze doesn't leave Morgaard.

"Aye, that do sound like th' great storm whut hangs off'n some o' th' folks islands. My home in't quite so close as others, but still, in some bad seasons an such, we do get ships come limpin' in't th' bay." Suny blushes again.

"I know I sound...funy...but I though I were gettin' good value fer me lesson on learnin' how t' be speakin' proper, like." She sighs and looks away from every one as the group walks along.


Priyya wrote:
"I don't know the Avistani ways of traveling, perhaps you have many porters and boxes. As for me, all I have is all you see and it will suffice. I am ready now. If you wish some distraction before proceeding, I will accompany you."

Recalling that she had been in the middle of answering Priyya, Alis continues, "Oh, I have everything I need. We're not going very far but I wasn't sure if anyone else needed anything."

"Oh sis, Suny's from one of the islands out that way. She's still working on her common, but her Elvish is just fine." Turning to Suny, Alis asks,

Elvish:
"Suny, do you need to purchase any supplies before we set sail? We'll only be gone for about 4 days or so, but we will be traveling over land for most of the time."

If there's anything you need, it can be handled OOC.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1

Morgaard finds mile amusement in Suny's curiosity:

"Aye, I am a real dwarf, little one. Where I hail from, there is a whole city of them. And most of them might ask if you were a real elf. We don't have many elves in Highhelm, only those of us who travel into the world become familiar with other races."


Being a Sunday, even bustling Cassomir is unusually quiet with many people at rest or worshiping at various temples. While walking to the docks, Alexis stops to buy some fruit and pastries for breakfast, happily sharing with Suny while they converse in Elvish about their respective homelands.

As you descend from the walled northern half of the city, which rests atop a broad plateau, the long docks district that connects to the city's smaller southern section comes into view. For about a minute or so, you are afforded an impressive view of the city's harbor and the dozens of ships therein before the slope levels out and building once again obscure the sea.

Within another 15 minutes you find yourselves walking along the docks themselves. Galleons, caravels, carracks, and other vessels line the long piers yet on this day of rest, the most noise you hear is not from stevedores and sailors but rather the cries of gulls, and the rushing of surf past the wharves.

"Ho ho! Here we are!" Alis announces. Looking down a particularly broad wharf, you see what at first glance appears to be a dhow. However, as you approach and the crewmen begin to prep its charcoal-colored sails, you can see that it is not lanteen rigged at all and that the sails are in fact ribbed.

"Huh..." she comments, "well, it looked like a dhow from a distance..."

Picture: The Jade Coi


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1

Looking at what Morgaard would refer to as a junk in different lands, he raises a single grey eyebrow:

"So that's our float, eh? Too bad I didn't pack a barrel of pitch and a few deck swabs so we could keep the damnable thing atop the waves and not under them."

The sea-sickness is hitting Morgaard already, and the party is not even aboard yet...


"Oh, I'm sure it will be fine." Alexis comments while Alis waves to the weather-worn old captain. "They sailed all the way across the Crown of the World on it don't forget."


Priyya_1 wrote:
Priyya, who offered her hand to shake as a man might, is surprised when Felmor kisses it. Her fist closes around her scimitar scabbard and she punches him lightly in the chest with it. "Oy! Don't go mistaking me for some city-soft, tavern wench you can separate from her dress with a wink and a drink, sailor."

Felmor at first suprised about the punch, grins lightly at her, and says, "Trus' me, th' last thing I need is another woman throwin' them selves at me." he looks over and sees Suny running after the group, and gives a groan, "like'n that one...

He looks over at the Jade Coi, and gives Alis a smirk, "Not quite whut they advertised, is it, he he."

Profession, Sailor 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Felmor Traker wrote:
"Not quite whut they advertised, is it, he he."

"Hmmph!" she flips her hair and stand arms akimbo, "Nothing we can't handle!"

With that, she puts on her bicorn hat and struts up onto the deck of the junk. "Right!" she shouts, "Let's go adventuring!"


Once the rest of you have boarded, Captain Qoian, a salty old Minkai trader with leathery yellow skin and dark, slanted eyes looks over you. He strokes his dingy grey goatee and frowns deeply, his stringy grey mustache twitching with annoyance. In broken common he points at Alis and accuses, "Erif vixen say you have tree sayror in group!"

He stamps his foot on the deck. "Take more than sirry costume to work ship!"

He points to Felmor, "This guy rook rike he have sea regs, but rest of you rook rike chickens on the sea! I have onry tree sairors and me. Need tree more to pirot Jade Coi or we no go!"


Alis turns to the rest of you with a defiant look on her face and says, "Evidently the good captain would like to see some sailorin' skills! Let's hop to the sails and rigging and show him what we've got!"

Alright guys, if you think you are up to the task, then let's seem some Profession: Sailor skill checks. Go, go, go!

Profession: Sailor 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

NOTE: If you are untrained in Profession: Sailor, you can still attempt a DC 10 Aid Another check to help someone else. In that case, it is simply a Wisdom check. If you do so, make certain to state who it is that you are helping.


"Well, I've sailed plenty of times and I know the engineering principles behind everything. How hard can this be?"

Profession: Sailor (untrained) 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16 (aid another on Suny)


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya is a warrior, not a sailor but she tries to help.

AID to Profession (untrained) - I've included the WIS bonus to Profession but I don't know if that is applicable. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Edit - got ninja'd - she will help Alis...


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2
Felmor Traker wrote:
Felmor at first suprised about the punch, grins lightly at her, and says, "Trus' me, th' last thing I need is another woman throwin' them selves at me." he looks over and sees Suny running after the group, and gives a groan, "like'n that one...

She smiles sweetly at him, "Are you suggesting that I, a Warrior-Priestess of Sarenrae, might be catting around after you like some wharf-side doxie? Throwin' myself at you?" She punches him significantly harder this time. Felmor winces, realising very quickly that despite her small stature, this woman is quite possibly stronger than he is.


OK, gotta get some sleep now, be back tonight. G'wan now, talk amongst yaselves!


Priyya_1 wrote:
She smiles sweetly at him, "Are you suggesting that I, a Warrior-Priestess of Sarenrae, might be catting around after you like some wharf-side doxie? Throwin' myself at you?" She punches him significantly harder this time. Felmor winces, realising very quickly that despite her small stature, this woman is quite possibly stronger than he is.

Felmor returns her smile with an easy grin. "Not at all, ma'am, I wus assumin' you was jes sparrin' wit' me. I mean that is whut warrior-priestesses do, in their spare time, right?"


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Priyya laughs lightly, "Touche, sir. I was sparring." She smiles and turns to the Gordian Knot of ropes. "Felmor, would you help me understand all these damn ropes? I'm not a sailor and I don't know my ass from my elbow here."


Felmor remembers the first time, he asked that question of the old grizzled captain, and he could sympathize with her confusion.

"'K, lets start wit' the most common knot fer sailin' th' slipknot, now this is used fer..." As he continues his teaching all the various ropes and the various knots used, Profession, Sailor 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10, his instructions, are somewhat confusing and hard to follow.

Priyya Sense Motive DC 11

Spoiler:
Felmor is having difficulty concentrating for some reason, it seems to grow worse the closer he stands to her.


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

With this kinda roll, does Priyya pick up anything more than his general discomfort?

Priyya is amused by his rambling explanation of the knots and ropes. She smiles encouragingly to keep him talking, and asks questions when he has well and truly lost her. Seeing his discomfort by her proximity, she takes the opportunity to step back to ostensibly give him more room to tie some knots without whacking her with the loose end of the rope.


Priyya_1 wrote:

Sense Motive 1d20+8

With this kinda roll, does Priyya pick up anything more than his general discomfort?

No, nothing unusual, just the usual attraction between a man and woman, he he.

Edit, actually with that roll, give me a Heal Check DC 20


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Figured... thought I'd check just in case you were trying to advance some other storyline for Felmor.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny happily talks to Alis about her home Islands. While her common is very heavily tainted by certain human vernacular, Sunys' native tongue is far more understandable and erudite.

Um, will the good Captain Wardove be supplying a small amount of money in the way of 'cash advancement' to her new crew? If so, what is her budget? Just thinking about purchasing a few more Dungeon nick-knacks on our way down to the docks, is all.

Captain Wardove, aka Alis wrote:

Alis turns to the rest of you with a defiant look on her face and says, "Evidently the good captain would like to see some sailorin' skills! Let's hop to the sails and rigging and show him what we've got!"

Profession: Sailor 1d20 + 5

At the sight of the ship upon which they will be sailing, all thought of conversation slips Sunys' mind as her attention become riveted upon the vessel anchored at the wharf.

With a happy grin and giggle, she skips across the gang-plank,

Acrobatics:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Frowns as the bulk of her back-pack slows her down, hence she deftly settles her 'swag' under a set of steps and then,

Profession: Sailor;1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

scoots up the rigging like a rat up a drain pipe.

Calling down to Alexis Kirmoon, Suny gives instructions as to which ropes to begin pulling and tightening.

(^_^)


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2
Felmor Traker wrote:
Edit, actually with that roll, give me a Heal Check DC 20

Kinda scared where you are going with this...

Heal 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Not sure if I should be relieved or concerned that I blew the roll. :)


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2
Suny wrote:
She moves up closer to watch him even more intensely.

Priyya notes Suny's continued fascination with the dwarf. Even while they are preparing to set sail, Suny is constantly sneaking glances at Morgaard. Priyya sidles up to Felmor and nudges him with an elbow. Indicating the odd play between Suny and Morgaard with a look, she says chuckling, "Looks like 'love at first sight' to me."


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Morgaard walks cautiously up the gang plank, firmly planing each step. The dwarf looks a little more sure-footed than one would normally expect, indicating he has a little experience on the seas - albiet not absolutely a good experience.

Profession: Sailor (Untrained): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18: (Assist Alis)

Once on board, Morgaard removes his pack and stows it on the starboard side of the ship in a cargo net mounted against the railing. He then offers his assistance to Alis; doing what ever tasks she suggests.

Morgaard is apt to do loading and securing of goods. He'd prefer good heavy work opposed to climbing in the rigging. How many can help Alis was not specified (Morgaard makes 2 now), so if the dwarf makes one too many, just task him with doing a non-sailorlike labor task. :)

Morgaard appears mildly annoyed at the young elf's fascination with him, but it does not keep him from concentrating at the tasks at hand. He focuses on what must be done. It's not the first time being a stranger in a strange land, he is used to being stared at or asked questions, so he does not have a problem ignoring it for the most part.


Priyya_1 wrote:
Priyya notes Suny's continued fascination with the dwarf. Even while they are preparing to set sail, Suny is constantly sneaking glances at Morgaard. Priyya sidles up to Felmor and nudges him with an elbow. Indicating the odd play between Suny and Morgaard with a look, she says chuckling, "Looks like 'love at first sight' to me."

Felmor looks at Priyya, and remembers a certain incident with Suny, and being in a room with a certain succubus. Blushing now, he mutters, "Aye, sh' lives that philosophy each 'n evry day."

Priyya_1 wrote:
Not sure if I should be relieved or concerned that I blew the roll. :)

Not to worry, this is just some minor thing.


Shiphandling results:
Felmor: Profession, Sailor 1d20 + 4 => (17) + 4 = 21 + 2 (Priyya) = 23
Alis: Profession: Sailor 1d20 + 5 => (12) + 5 = 17 + 2 (Morgaard) = 19
Suny: Profession: Sailor;1d20 + 4 => (18) + 4 = 22 + 2 (Alexis) = 24

The six of you pair off and tend to the sails and rigging with surprising efficiency. The foreign and exotic construction of the craft gives Alis a brief pause, while Felmor is seemingly a bit distracted by all the women as he shows Priyya the ropes.

Old Captain Qoian walks around checking the ropes and belaying pins with a sour look on his wrinkled face. With a grunt and a nod, he gives his begrudging approval and two of his sailors haul up the boarding plank while the third begins to cast off the mooring lines.

Seeing an opportunity to be useful, Morgaard puts his back into winding the anchor chain and soon finds himself joined by the excitable Suny who lends her assistance on the heavy crank.

Assisted by Alexis and Priyya respectively, Felmor and Alis raise the junk's twin fore and mid-ship sails, while two of Qoiran's men tend the the smaller aft sail. As his final sailor takes the helm, a balmy summer breeze soon propels the green and white-hulled vessel out to sea.


"Jade Coi make good time." Qoian says behind you. "We reach Kassen rittuh before sundown."

Suny wrote:
Um, will the good Captain Wardove be supplying a small amount of money in the way of 'cash advancement' to her new crew? If so, what is her budget? Just thinking about purchasing a few more Dungeon nick-knacks on our way down to the docks, is all.

Alis doesn't mind advancing everyone 50gp for expendables, but Suny is already over her starting gold by 175gp. (Rich parents increase your starting gold TO 900gp, it doesn't increase it BY 900gp.) What else do you need exactly? O_o


Felmor takes a deep breath of the sea breeze, inhaling the intoxicating smells of the sea, truly, he has never been as happy as he tends the fore sails, making sure all is in readiness, and checking and doublechecking the others, who are not as experienced as he is. Seeing nothing is wrong, he sits back and relaxes, for a few minutes.

He gives Alexis a mock salute, for her assistance, Aye, she a bright one, we need more purty sailors like her, and says to her sister Alis, Well, ma'am, you are sure a talented ship cap'n! Glad ta be servin' board yer vessel, ma'am!"


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1

Once the tasks are complete, Morgaard sits near the anchor spindle and looks out over the sea. He lights his pipe and puffs smoke rings which dance over his shoulder and toward the aft of the ship. The sweet smell of pipeweed drifts slightly around the deck. His thought reflect back to his father's forge in Highhelm while he seems to enjoy a moment of relaxation; in despite his dislike of sea travel in general.

Morgaard's Bluff 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

Sense Motive DC15:
Morgaard is alert keenly aware of the positions, activities, and bystanders in proximity to the Kirmoon sisters. Watching him closely shows that he is listening intently and looking out of the corner of his eyes with some frequency. This dwarf is always on duty, it seems.


Felmor Traker wrote:
"Well, ma'am, you are sure a talented ship cap'n! Glad ta be servin' board yer vessel, ma'am!"

"At ease there sailor!" Alis returns Felmor's mock salute with a grin. "Well, Alexis and I have been sailing for as long as I can remember. Mother was a Taldane countess with her own caravel, The Nereid, and Father's duchy in Kyonin was on the shores of Lake Encarthan. We pretty much grew up in and on the water. I've always been more inclined to participate in shiphandling itself whereas sis is more inclined to the particulars of how they are designed and engineered."


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

After they are finished, Priyya sprawls across a box near the bow, leaning against the rail. Her feet are crossed and propped up on another box. Her position is decidely unfeminine.


Captain Wardove, aka Alis wrote:
"At ease there sailor!" Alis returns Felmor's mock salute with a grin. "Well, Alexis and I have been sailing for as long as I can remember. Mother was a Taldane countess with her own caravel, The Nereid, and Father's duchy in Kyonin was on the shores of Lake Encarthan. We pretty much grew up in and on the water. I've always been more inclined to participate in shiphandling itself whereas sis is more inclined to the particulars of how they are designed and engineered."

Intelligence check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Something the beautiful princess says jogs his memory, something about her vessel the Nereid, and the tragic ending of that vessel. It had been circulated around the sailing circles for years after it had happened, and the deaths of Duke Ranadur Kirmoon, and his human wife, Countess Elyssia Rowan of Taldor. There was talk of about the twin sisters who survived...

Felmor pales as he realizes who these twins are and he bows his head, murmering a swift prayer to Gozreh, praying for safe travels, then he continues in a quiet voice, Yer highness, I know it prob'ably still causes ye pain, but I jes wanted ta offer me condolences on you 'n yer sister's loss. Many o' me feller sailors though 'twas no natural. 'n many o' us dinna shed no tears when th' cap'n o the ship hung 'imself.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.
No One of Consequence wrote:
But Suny is already over her starting gold by 175gp. What else do you need exactly? O_o

Oh! Oopsie! That's a bugger! Must've gotten things mixed up when I cut an' pasted off'n th' other character....Um, well, I wus jus' thinkin' o' a couple more daggers. But heck I'll try an' find time t' go back an' settle the score proper, like. *bows*

Having helped Morgaard at the winch, Suny spends time wandering around the deck looking at how the sails are arraigned, the ropes that secure them function and such. Eventually she comes to a stop near Alis.

"Ma'am? Does we be expectin' any one upon these waters? Whut should we be doin' about watches?" While the brown Elf is still all grins and giggles, there is an underlying seriousness to her questions and the blond haired Elf stands straight and tall awaiting Alis' instructions.


Perception Alexis 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 vs DC 15

While moving towards the prow, Alexis overhears Felmor's condolences. Both she and Alis are given pause.

Alexis' Bluff 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Alis' Bluff 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Alis' Sense Motive on Alexis 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27

Alis' Sense Motive DC 19:
At the sudden mention of their parents' untimely deaths, Alis' enthusiasm seems to dim. While she still smiles, her eyes aren't in it.

Alexis' Sense Motive DC 13:
At the sudden mention of their parents' untimely deaths, Alexis' happy demeanor seems to fade, and she chews on the corner of her mouth a bit.

Alis' blue-violet eyes dart over to Alexis and she notices her sister's shoulders slump before she sits down next to Morgaard.


Alexis puts away the spellbook she had been preparing to study and instead pulls out an old, leather-bound journal running her hands over it's surface. Hugging the book to her chest, she wipes her cheek with the back of her hand and turns to face out to sea.

She says softly to Morgaard, "I always did like the smell of your pipe. It reminds me of home..."


Alis responds to Felmor, "That's... very kind of you to say so Master Traker. I had no idea you had been at sea so long as to remember that. Thank you." Looking over towards her sister, she tips her head and says, "If you'll excuse me."

With that, she joins Alexis at the prow at gives her sister a long hug.

After a time, Alis gets back to her feet whereupon she is approached by the other blonde elf.

Suny wrote:
"Ma'am? Does we be expectin' any one upon these waters? Whut should we be doin' about watches?"

"Well, it's not all that far to go really, but these waters are well-traveled." Alis looks out at the water thoughtfully for a moment and then up at the crow's nest. She points to the west and says, "What's the furthest landmark you can see? I can make out some pelicans diving from an old crag near the mouth of that stream."

Alis' take-20 Perception 20 + 7 = 27
Suny' take-20 Perception 20 + 4 = 24

Looking in the direction Alis is pointing, Suny can make out the crag and stream, but at this distance she can't tell pelicans from osprey.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny watches the interaction between Felmore, the Captain and Alexis.

"Awe..." Is all she says, before turning and skipping off to see about the proper stowing of her swag and the setting up of her hammock below decks.

Upon returning, now with her x-bow slung across her back, Suny bounces up to Alis

Captain Wardove, aka Alis wrote:

"Well, it's not all that far to go really, but these waters are well-traveled." Alis looks out at the water thoughtfully for a moment and then up at the crow's nest. She points to the west and says, "What's the furthest landmark you can see? I can make out some pelicans diving from an old crag near the mouth of that stream."

Alis' take-20 Perception 20 + 7 = 27
Suny' take-20 Perception 20 + 4 = 24

Looking in the direction Alis is pointing, Suny can make out the crag and stream, but at this distance she can't tell pelicans from osprey.

After they both look off int said direction, Alis says, "Tell you what. You're stronger than me so why don't you stay down here and help man the sails..." She begins buttoning up her skirt forming it into something not unlike bloomers. Placing her hand on the rigging, she begins to climb saying, "...and I'll keep a look-out."

"Aye, aye Cap'n!" Suny replies as she spins around and bounces off towards the stern.

1 to 50 of 1,844 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Side-Treks All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.