Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle

Game Master Laithoron

[ Links: Matrix | ToC | Wiki ]


401 to 450 of 11,113 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Priyya Surya-ka-Vahaak wrote:
Priyya inclines her head to the tall hunter. "As you wish, Mal. I wasn't trying to get you wedded, just periodically bedded." She bursts out laughing, waving an apology to the chaste and blushing Princess Alexis. "Having spent the last two years cutting a swathe across two continents, traveling mostly alone, I can say that it is a pleasant change for me having companionship... Just something for you to consider when the road gets long and the nights, cold." From the fond looks she passes between the Princesses and Felmor, it is clear she is talking about more than one definition of 'companionship'.

"Now THAT I can get behind." Mal agrees as he dives into his newly arrived plate of breakfast meats.


Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Malandraenas wrote:
"Look. I think you have me all wrong. My life's not lacking. The road and the hunt IS what drives me. I wouldn't know what to do if I found myself enmired in a relationship, to be honest. And second of all, if… IF I decided I needed companionship, you can be sure high society would be the last place I look, no offense intended, Princesses. You two, I've come to realize, are not your average courtiers, whose sole strength seems to lie in choosing the most garish costume or telling the juiciest gossip. Forgive me if I don't wish to saddle myself with that." He rolls over onto a single elbow, gesturing at the two couples, "You all seem to have been lucky enough to find mates who desire the road as much as you do, but I can guarantee you that is a rare fine, which I'm sure you know. I'm more than content to roam with Little Sister here. If I get an itch that needs scratching, I can usually find a welcome bed, but I'm just as happy to leave that bed empty in the morning - and here's to hoping the woman expects the same from me."

Alexis shrugs and cuts a corner from an icing draped strudel, savoring it's sweetness as Mal talks. After he and Priyya have finished chiding one another, she comments, "For me it's more a matter that there are a great many things I wish to accomplish before becoming a wife and mother. I wouldn't want to subject someone else to having to endure my neglect while I do so. Nor I will merely be some political trophy who only sits around and gossips while her prince does what he wills."

Priyya wrote:
"Having spent the last two years cutting a swathe across two continents, traveling mostly alone, I can say that it is a pleasant change for me having companionship... Just something for you to consider when the road gets long and the nights, cold."

After she stops blushing, Alexis shakes her head. "No, not for me. There is great value in the political alliances of marriage, but rest assured, I shall only wed a man whose ambitions and station are at least equal to my own. Neither of us must hold the other back."

Her tone softens a bit as she sees Lureene lovingly stroking her sister's hair. "I will miss my sister's company though... Please take good care of her for me."


Sense Motive (on Mal's previous entry) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Priyya ponders what sort of hijinks Alis and Mal got into. Judging from Mal's smirk, hunter's attitude, and Alis' clear preferences for Laithoron yester-eve, it must have been a non-romantic tussle somewhere off the manor grounds. Interesting.

Priyya eats the remainder of her breakfast content to:

  • Consider the moment between Alis and Laithoron.
  • Watch Talvyra methodically destroy a pork shoulder.
  • Daydream about Fel's inspired actions this morning.
  • Boggle at her own wanton behavior the night before. Was it the dress, the hair, the makeup, the attention?
  • Idly ponder Mal's proclivities and possible taste in women. He scents people... I wonder if his sense of taste is equally strong?

After eating a bit too much breakfast, and with no real 'plans' or responsibilities, Priyya lays down on the grass to soak up a bit of sun and debates how to spend the day.


While the rest of you continue eating and talking, James, the major domo, arrives with a folded sheet of parchment for Alexis.

"News of the day, milady?"


Alexis gives a short nod and begins to look over this morning's news sheet as she sips on her tea. No more than 10 seconds pass before she cries out, eyes wide, "Princess Alissariel Kirmoon of Silverwake and Corporal Malandraenas Tylalaes of Yandral-Sharaes, what in heaven's name got into you two last night?!"

Sense Motive DC 10:
She looks completely shocked.

Sense Motive DC 15:
Actually it's more amazement than anger.

Alis sits bolt upright, wide awake as doused by a tub of icy water. She gives a nervous laugh and scratches the back of her head as Alexis goes on to read a news report. Evidently, in the middle of the night Alis and Mal killed and incapacitated no fewer than four assailants from the notorious Jackhands gang including one of their leaders. This occurred while they were apparently conducting secretive protection drills in the docks district.

Alexis shakes her head and hands the sheet to Priyya to pass around. "Honestly 'Lis, you have the oddest notions on what constitutes fun..."

Once everyone has finished, Alexis, Ravarath, and Lureene set off into town to do some shopping. "Remember, we are meeting at the Black Boar Tavern for a late lunch so that you can introduce me to the new bodyguard you and Miss Nell hired for me. Don't be late!"

Eric, Justin: Not sure if you prefer to roleplay or hand-wave Yet Another Shopping Trip™. Ben: Is there anything else that Mal wants to do in town?


Alexis Kirmoon wrote:
Alexis shrugs and cuts a corner from an icing draped strudel, savoring it's sweetness as Mal talks. After he and Priyya have finished chiding one another, she comments, "For me it's more a matter that there are a great many things I wish to accomplish before becoming a wife and mother. I wouldn't want to subject someone else to having to endure my neglect while I do so. Nor I will merely be some political trophy who only sits around and gossips while her prince does what he wills."

Lureene sits back, a contemplative look in her eyes. She always knew she wanted to find her father, and hopefully reconcile their relationship. And she already knew Rath-hun would be a part of her life, once he returned from escorting Alexis to Wildemar. But after that…she was not sure. She could be a wife, but as for a mother…she had never has the blood flow, so she assumed she was barren, unable to have children. The thought saddened her somehow.

Alexis Kirmoon wrote:
After she stops blushing, Alexis shakes her head. "No, not for me. There is great value in the political alliances of marriage, but rest assured, I shall only wed a man whose ambitions and station are at least equal to my own. Neither of us must hold the other back."

Lureene thinks, Wow, to have to worry about your social standing like that, before marrying, I am glad I am not a member of royalty.

Alexis Kirmoon wrote:
Her tone softens a bit as she sees Lureene lovingly stroking her sister's hair. "I will miss my sister's company though... Please take good care of her for me."

Lureene nods at Alexis, still stroking Alis’s hair. She says, her voice catching a little, ”I will watch over her, she and you are like the sisters I never had before.” She feels tears starting to build in her eyes, and hurriedly brushes them away.

It's up to whatever Justin wants to do, I cannot think of anything special Lureene wants to do.


Priyya lays on the grass at ease with her eyes closed. Her hands support her head, her hair is spread out above her head and collecting all manner of grass clippings, and her legs are crossed leisurely.

Alexis wrote:
Alexis shakes her head. "No, not for me. There is great value in the political alliances of marriage, but rest assured, I shall only wed a man whose ambitions and station are at least equal to my own. Neither of us must hold the other back."

Without shifting her position, Priyya replies with amusement. "Good to know, Princess! I guess my dashing Knight-Captain there will have to climb several more rungs on the social ladder before you and I will be competing for his hand in marriage. That's a relief. Now if I can only find it in my heart to accept your current dalliance with my beloved's affections. Oh, woe is me!" She chuckles.

Sorry for the late post, clearly out of order. Rath will be a tag-along on the shopping so we can handwave it as far as I am concerned.


Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Alexis wrote:
"Honestly 'Lis, you have the oddest notions on what constitutes fun..."

Priyya looks over at Mal, "Oy! The next time you decide to have some fun... please think about inviting me along, would you? Dock fights beat weapons practice any day... No wonder Talvyra was upset!"


Mal smiles back at Priyya, "It'd be my pleasure. Like I told Talvyra, i didnt exactly know what would happen."

Nah, Mal will swing by his room and get his kit, but other than that, he's happy to trail the girls all day.


Priyya Surya-ka-Vahaak wrote:
Without shifting her position, Priyya replies with amusement. "Good to know, Princess! I guess my dashing Knight-Captain there will have to climb several more rungs on the social ladder before you and I will be competing for his hand in marriage. That's a relief. Now if I can only find it in my heart to accept your current dalliance with my beloved's affections. Oh, woe is me!" She chuckles.

Felmor gives a start, on his Beloved response. Ach, I be havin’ none o’ that! It be bad enough havin’ ta deal wit’all the noble sharks out there lookin’ fer blood! He says aloud, ”Sorry, Princess, I be jes on th’ bottom rung ‘ere, ‘n I be happy where I am at!”


Just so I can keep it straight in my head...

* Shopping (waved) - Alexis, Lureene, and Rath
* Lunch at Black Boar (waved?) - Alexis, Alis, Elorin, and presumably Mal as bodyguard. Are Rath and Lureene there as well?
* Fel and Priyya are on their own until the late afternoon - bucka bucka wow WOW - or was the Black Boar invite to everyone?


I thought lunch was with everyone, but hey, i'm just the hired muscle. :D


I guess it really only matters if the lunch meeting isn't getting waved. Of course, if Priyya/Felmor are scheduled for the lunch meeting then they really only have time for a 'bucka WOW'... and actually Priyya was thinking about heading down to the archery range and weapons practice area since APPARENTLY she wasn't invited to the previous night's MARTIAL workout. ;p


After lazing in the sun for awhile, Priyya gets up and heads back to their room to retrieve her bow and sword. Time to keep the skills sharp.

She glances at the bed in passing, recollects an earlier moment, and shivers pleasurably in rememberance. Enough of that! She heads down through the patio, kisses Fel and tells him where she'll be practicing... in case he gets a desire to visit. She turns to walk away and then thinks better of it. Priyya turns back to Felmor and favors him with a very soft look. She bends over and kisses him fully, whispering, "Thank you, for this morning." Then she snatches a pear from the table and heads off to the range.

Pulling the Darkwood, remarkably well-crafted bow from its sheathe, Priyya's nose is greeted by the smell of the oils that protect it - Myrrh from the trees of her homeland. The smell is unique as are the memories it conjures for her - sitting beneath a Myrrh tree in her family's garden, reading and enjoying the smell of the sap and the heat off the desert.

She examines the bow for any sign of damage, her eyes meticulously following the flow of the limbs - both compound and recurved. It is the bow of Xerakai cavalrymen, a proud tradition. Some day, she thinks, I will have a skill and steed worthy of this bow. She checks the string for any sign of fraying; it is perfect.

She looks at the target down-range, it is entirely too close. She keeps backing up... over a low wall, through a row of tall narrow cypress trees, and through what appears to be a private conversation spot. She stops when she nears a seemingly impenetrable hedge. She plants her equipment and returns to the target, roughly measuring the yardage... almost 300'. She ties the pear to a string and sets it in motion, metronomically swinging across the bullseye. She runs back to her bow and draws a bead in a single fluid motion. She seeks to make the perfect strike...

PERFECT STRIKE - Take the best of 2 Rolls
Roll #1: 1d20 + 5 - 6 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 6 = 11 Range -6
Roll #2: 1d20 + 5 - 6 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 6 = 15 Range -6

Her arrow skins the pear and buries itself in the target. Priyya curses lightly. She draws two more arrows and fires them in rapid succession at the nearly halted pear.

Full Round Act - FLURRY (SHORTBOW crit: 20/3x):
To Hit: 1d20 + 5 - 1 - 6 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 1 - 6 = 12 base, fob, range
To Hit: 1d20 + 5 - 1 - 6 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 1 - 6 = 12 base, fob, range

Both are solid hits - on the target, not the pear. Priyya curses her lack of skills. The pear rests motionless, bracketed by her arrows. She draws a single final arrow for one more attempt at a perfect hit.

PERFECT STRIKE - Take the best of 2 Rolls
Roll #1: 1d20 + 5 - 6 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 6 = 18 Range -6
Roll #2: 1d20 + 5 - 6 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 6 = 7 Range -6

The arrow neatly bisects the fruit. Priyya is not entirely displeased... although doing that on the first shot, when the pear was a moving target would have been better. She picks up her equipment and begins to move toward the target firing arrows as she does so, rolling over walls and dodging behind trees, peppering the target with a growing bouquet of arrows and fletching. When she finally reaches the target, she pulls the pear off and takes a bite. Always taste your kill. The juice dribbles down her chin and she laughs.


Felmor watches his Desert Rose leave and return carrying her weapons. Fortunately his Captains outfit allowed him to keep his weapons on his body, while concealed in his outfit. He gets to his feet, and stretches, remembering her kiss. Aye, she kin kiss!” He figured it would be a good time to practice his own skills.

He waits until Priyya has moved off a good distance, and gets up, trailing her discreetly. He feels his stealthly skills are no match for Mal’s but he would try anyway. Ach, ye has better keep a lookout behind ye, me Beloved!

Stealth Check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Perception Check (Priyya) 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 - 2 = 18 distance

Priyya, warned by some preternal sense, sees someone trailing her, and whirls, only to see her Beloved trying to sneak up on her!


Priyya smiles at him. "That was a good try. You almost had me. A suggestion though... when you follow someone, try not to stare directly at them - it can alert your quarry. People are sensitive to observation. And if you are going to stare, try to stare at all of the person... not just your favorite part." She gives him a little wink and proceeds to the range. "If you like, try sneaking up on me in a bit. Let's call it a bet. You can figure out what I 'owe' you if you manage to get close to me."


Felmor shakes his head at himself, he almost had her, but she caught himself staring at her lithe form and remembering the night before, for just a second too long, which is all she needed to be alerted.

He gives her a return wink, and says, ”Heh, better luck next time, I sappose.”

He sees her approach the target and watches her, a stunned look on his face as she makes near impossible shot after shot. He could see she was unhappy about her shooting, but to his eye, that was amazing accuracy.

Seeing her move to adjust the target once again, he sees his chance…slipping across the other side of the ledge and contorting his body so as not to disturb the thorny branches as much as possible…

Stealth Check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Perception Check (Priyya) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Unfortunately, Felnor's wilderness skills leave much to be desired, and Priyya, waits until he is stuck on a branch, before she turns to him, a laughing look in her eyes, "You lose again, Beloved!"


Priyya pulls her arrows from the target and purposefully loses sight of Felmor, giving him yet another chance to disappear and try sneaking up on her. She takes her sword and, using slow motions, begins running through combat forms in an open tract of lawn.

Felmor Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Priyya Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Felmor barely gets a foot on the lawn before he sees Priyya smile and glance at him. Ach! She's a sharp one. He retreats into hiding looking for another opportunity to catch her unawares.


Priyya finishes her exercises with meditation. She moves to the small conversation area which could provide plenty of cover for any would-be sneak thieves. She lies down comfortably and stills her heart. With the sun feeling so nice and after the last night's exertions, Priyya allows herself to doze a little...

Perception 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 5 = 18 dozing penalty

Bluff (to pretend she's asleed if she actually detects Felmor) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Felmor watches his Desert Rose meditate, and then slowly fall asleep. Wary of any deception, he moves in...

Sense Motive (to detect Priyya's Bluff) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

He steps in closer, satisfied she is actually asleep, he steps quietly over to her, and bends his face over for a quick kiss...


Priyya opens her eyes, appearing somewhat startled. "Well! It looks like you won, Captain. I believe you get to name what I owe you. Give it some thought." She gives him a private smile and gets up. "Should we think about heading into town for some lunch?"


LK Calendar: Kevath 04, 4210 — Rosday

The new day proves much less stressful and exciting than last night. Alexis, Lureene, and Ravarath have a productive shopping trip and acquire all the items that the budding enchantress should need. The two blondes spend quite some time scribing all of the cantrips Alexis can think of into the book while an assistant at the store supplies her with what enchantment cantrips Alexis cannot provide.

Normally a starting wizard does not have cantrips in their spellbook that belong to their opposition schools. However, since Alexis is helping her, Lureene can start with also having the evocation cantrips in there. Necromany cantrips would not be in her book however since those are in the prohibited schools for both the blondes.

With that concluded, everyone just happens to meet up at The Black Boar for a late lunch. Lord Aernelóth takes some time away from tailoring to join you disappearing back to his studio with Princess Alis for a good half hour at least.

After some time, Alis returns just as a tall, handsome elven warrior with long blonde hair arrives inquiring about Princess Alexis.

"Alright everyone," Alis begins, "this fine fellow is Sir Elorin, a scout and woodsman of no small skill from back home in Ilmarond. He'll be accompanying 'Sis and Rath to Wilde[b]thar and serving as Alexis' bodyguard. Soooo, make sure you remember his face in case Alexis returns looking a bit beat-up or with a toddler in tow!"[/b]

Alexis rolls her eyes at Alis' implications but says nothing.

"I'll meet up with you back at Auntie Corrina's in an hour or two, but for now 'Sis could use some time to be properly introduced to her new beau–dyguard!" Alis actually winces a bit as her slip-up draws a gaze like daggers from Alexis, "Oh, Mal? I made some purchases in Laith's shop a moment ago. Would you be a dear and pick them up please?"

With that, Elorin bows deeply to all of you, pulls out a chair for Alis and takes a seat by his new charge. (No need to recap what's already played out before.)


Laith:
Is Alis' request of Mal a plot-forwarding device? Or does she think this is a good use of his skills and their relationship?


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Mal:
Well, it was just the three blondes in that scene from Arcadia. Since I don't feel like changing the past, I guess it would be a plot forwarding device.


The rest of the day proves much less hectic than the morning. Alexis, Ravarath, and their fellow Academy classmate, a goblin called Biter, all convene at a dockside tavern called Anchors Away — a favorite haunt of of the Academy liaison assisting the princess with the logistical aspects of their Wildethar expedition. It is from there that they will make their departure the following morning.

LK Calendar: Kevath 05, 4210 — Lansday

It is still before dawn the next day when Alis knocks at your doors. "Auntie Corrina, Miss Nell, and I are heading down to the docks to see off Alexis and Ravarath. I just figured you might want to know."

Those of you who are not so tired as to sleep in accompany the young princess and her retainer to the docks in a pair of carriages like the ones you rode in only two days prior. Priyya and Lureene take note of a dark, satin-finished box bound with golden ribbons that Miss Nell carries. Silk-screened onto the wrappings in silver ink are the worlds Aernelóth Fashion Studios. You also note with some amusement that Alis is carrying a sea-blue nightgown that Alexis must have forgotten in their room at the countess' châteaux.

Your group arrives at the docks a good bit before Alexis and her group arrives. After nearly half an hour, some of you fret that you might have missed them, but at last you can make out Ravarath's large frame and Alexis' dainty one approaching along with a number of other explorers you have never met.

The farewells tug at everyone's heartstrings but neither princess, nor countess, nor retainer shed any tears. Their optimism, and pride overshadowing all else.

Once Alexis has changed into the new explorer's outfit that Laithoron, Alis, and Nelliel conspired to create for her grand adventure, the twins exchange their parting wishes.

"Go make us proud 'Sis, I know Mom and Dad would be!"


"And you on your upcoming adventure too! Be safe and remember... cause all the trouble you like, just try not to get into any!"

With that, Alexis, Ravarath, and the rest board Countess Rowan's caravel, The Nereid. In what seems at once both an eternity and the blink of an eye, the swift vessel is slipping away with the morning tide even as Darkshoal flees from the rising sun.

If anyone else wants to slip in any parting wishes, that's fine, otherwise, we can rock on with things.


I'm good to move on, but I don't have any emotional attachments to deal with here. :)


Lureene promised herself she would not cry, but after seeing Rath-hun for the last time for what would be many years, she finally broke down. Tears streaming down her face, she runs over to Rath-hun, and hugs him tightly, ”Oh, Rath-hun I am going to miss you!” She then kisses him hard, and passionately on the lips, which seems to last a lifetime, but actually is only a few minutes.

She turns to look at the other members of the Academy, and says in a teary, breaking voice, ”Keep Rath-hun safe, or so help me…” She cannot finish, and then she moves away before she can embarrass Alis, and the farewell party further.


As they kiss, Rath presses something into Lureene's palm. When they part, he is misty-eyed but smiling. He holds up his hand to show her the locket-of-hair ring that he is wearing, "I'll be back for you, Meri Devi. I swear. Try not to have TOO much fun without me." He turns and follows the rest of the explorer's to the boat. Only she can detect the hesitation in his walk. It only after the adventurers have boarded the boat and she sees him watching her from the bow that she thinks to look at what is in her hand.

It is a small wooden ring, hand-carved, as dark as the man who carved it, and unadorned save for some exotic characters that she recognizes as Vudrani script. It fits her perfectly.


Lureene slides the ring onto her third finger of her left hand. She says nothing, overcome with emotions. Once the ship has departed, and the group is on the way back to the Countesses Corrina's mansion, the others notice Lureene continuously staring at the ring, and the tears are not far from her eyes.


Priyya slides over to sit right next to Lureene, pressing against her slightly, hoping a physical presence might bring some comfort where words would prove inadequate.


Lureene looks over at Priyya, and seeing the look of compassion mirrored in the other woman's eyes, sinks into the other woman's embrace, and allows her tears to flow.


Priyya holds the young woman while she cries, trying to provide a little comfort for the distraught girl. She strokes her hair and whispers comforting words.


After some time, her tears are reduced to a trickle, and she looks over into Priyya's eyes. "Thanks for being there for me, I hope i don't act so lovesick in the future. I hope Rath-hun doesn't do anything stupid to get himself killed, otherwise...I'll kill him myself!"


o_O


"He seems a cautious and competent fellow - not likely to do anything crazy. You'll be seeing him again. I suspect he'll be worried about YOU doing crazy things... so perhaps you should focus on keeping yourself uninjured. Otherwise poor Mal or I are going to have to explain to your irate love how we failed to rescue you."


"Yes, I will do my best to keep my impulses under control, I just hope Princess Alis can follow suit!" Lureene replies with a laugh.


Alis looks up from gazing out the carriage window and gives a smile. You notice that Miss Nell has an uncommonly tender look on her normally stoic face, and the Countess is lovingly holding her niece's hand.

Bluff 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

"Oh, don't worry, I'll be sure to draw any trouble away from the rest of you. We're old pals trouble and I!"

Perception DC 15:
You notice that Alis' makeup seems to be streaked a bit on her cheeks.

Sense Motive DC 30:
While she covers is remarkably well, you get the feeling that Alis really just wants to curl up in a ball right now, but she's trying to put on a courageous face for Lureene.


Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


Perception (Alis) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

"Don't worry, Alis, if trouble comes around, We will handle it together!"


Lureene wrote:
"Don't worry, Alis, if trouble comes around, We will handle it together!"

"Who me, worry?"

The remainder of Lansday passes without incident. Alis suggests that the ladies have a girl's afternoon out while Mal and Felmor begin arranging secure passage to Mennen Fedleth. Yet instead of selecting a fancier restaurant to attend, she instead suggests The Black Boar.

After arriving, she eagerly mentions she has some business to attend to upstairs yet you have hardly received your tea and drinks before she returns emptyhanded.

Bluff 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

When the rest of you cast inquiring looks at her, she simply waves her hand and says, "It looks like Lord Aernelóth is busy with customers right now so I'll just have to come back later..."

Sense Motive DC 19:
She seems fairly agitated.

While the men are out seeking to secure passage by ship to Ilmarond, Mal uncovers news that the strait between the Rime and Fang Seas has been compromised by raiders from Trull. The strait and the island chains to the west of it are no longer safe as the raiders push their way south with the deepening of spring.

Mal:
From what the hulking warrior knows of Ilmarond and Estoria's armed forces, he is certain that the obstacle will be cleared sooner or later, but for at least the next few weeks it would be inadvisable to approach. While sailing north to Thar Domahni to seek passage thru Ortalok isn't a risk that would normally concern him were he on his own, having a royal charge under his protection has him a bit concerned. [i]We are in Estoria so the southern route along Sawng's Way thru Elsmyr Dale down to Malatesta...


Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8.


Wiht all sea-faring routes seemingly too dangerous, Mal returns to discuss their options. He outlines the issues with the northern strait, as well as the dangers of crossing Ortalok - especially at this time in spring, and finishes by suggesting they take the old trade road Sawng's Way through Elsmyr Dale. "And from Malatesta we can sail on up to Ilmarod. I don't like it much to get so near the Daemonshade, especially with its activity of late, but in this case, it's probably our best option. Not the fastest, but currently safer than risking sea pirates or worse." With his plan outlined, he crosses his arms to see if there are any concerns or objections.


"Trull Raiders?!" Alis exclaims, her face clearly showing her worry. "By the gods, I wish we'd known this before 'Sis set out. I hope they can get thru to The Boundless ok..."


Mal shrugs, "I can't speak for her elven bodyguard, but Ravarath seemed more than competent to me. I'm sure she'll be fine."


"Yes, the Princess will be fine, after all Rath-hun promised to return to me, and he cannot very well do that if Alexis is in trouble, right?"

Sense Motive DC 21 :
You can tell she is trying to convince herself of this as well.

Bluff 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21


"As I understand it, they will be traveling in a small fleet with a group of Academy graduates and several spellcasters including Alexis. I'm sure they are more than a match for raiders. Sounds to me like our course has more potential hazards at the moment."

Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


"Sawng's Way? Nah, probably end up being pretty boring, actually. And long... I hate highway travel."


Priyya deflates a little. "Safe, boring, and long? Come'on - I'm sure we can scrape up some danger along the way."

401 to 450 of 11,113 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.