Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle

Game Master Laithoron

[ Links: Matrix | ToC | Wiki ]


351 to 400 of 11,113 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Not unless there be kryptonite in this here flask... I think Mal'd have a shot if this were an actual mortal combat. As it is.. my opponent seems to have too many tools in their mysterious toolbox.

With a sigh, Mal's body relaxes and he shifts his position. The hunting cat disappears, and he sits down on the edge of the roof, swinging his massive legs down into the open air. From his coat pocket he pulls the flask left him by the old dwarf, and he takes a long draw. Good to shed some anxiety he thinks as he sets the flask down on the roof about a foot and a half away from himself, while simultaneously (and very loudly) whistling a slow tune.

"I really do hate these boots." he mutters as the one he was holding falls noisily to the alley below.

He will sit quietly, every so often his whistling broken by a short swig from the flask, hoping his rooftop friend will take the hint. Wouldnt be bad to share a drink with the fella before I head in.


Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

1a 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
1b 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
2a 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
2b 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
3a 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
3b 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
4a 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
4b 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
5a 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
5b 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

From the north-west, Mal overhears the sound of several people speaking:

A male says, "Well, well, what we got here?"

Another male says, "Looks like somebody skulkin' around on our turf."

A third male says, "Too bad the city watch won't pass by here again for another 3 minutes."

He hears a couple more male voices laughing cruelly and the sound of steel sliding from scabbards.

The first voice then repeats himself, "You and your pal didn't think no one else would notice your pranks, did you? The way that guy roared half the city must have heard him!"

There's more laughing and then...

The Mighty Boot 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 15 divine favor, inspiration, improvised
dmg 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5 divine favor, inspiration

"Auugh! F~*!ing whore broke my nose! You'll pay for that, b%$%@!"

Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 12 = 24 jump

He hears a grunt and then the sound of a woman's voice uttering a curse in Sylvan.

AoO 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
AoO 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Blades slice thru the air and he hears the sound of someone running south along the street to the west. It looks like the stranger he was playing tag with just a few moments ago and at least four cloaked figures are chasing after them!

Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 12 = 33 jump

The stranger disappears from view for a moment and he hears another grunt followed by seeing them clamber up onto the roof.

Mal's Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

However, he notices that the stranger now appears to be about a foot shorter than before and long locks of golden-blonde hair are spilling down their back. The stranger stops just 5-ft back from the edge of the roof and looks about nervously.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Round 8:
In a moment they notice Mal sitting nonchalantly atop the corner of the 2-story building abutting the one they are now standing upon. With the sound of chagrin thick in their tone, he hears a familiar voice call out in Sylvan, "Hey, I know it's not exactly hide and seek or a bar fight at this point, but wanna start that new job of yours tonight?"

The stranger throws off the cloak they were wearing, and Mal recognizes the smile that goes along with the voice and the hair. It's Alis dressed in the clothes of a man nearly twice her size! From behind her, you can hear the sound of the thugs beginning to climb up onto the roof of the warehouse.

Next Up: Mal, thugs, Alis
MAP: Updated


Mal's whistling ceases as watches the combat roll through the alley below, and he wonders for a moment if he should step in. Eh. He seems competent enough.

Before he can take another swig, though, he sees the slim figure toss away the final piece of her disguise…. the pieces fall into place as the flask falls from his clawed fingers, bounces from the roof and crashes forgotten to the alley below. (Probably somewhere near the boot).

"These tricks are gonna get someone hurt, woman!"

The words leave his lips as he explodes from his resting spot, one thought in mind… carnage. Instincts come to the fore, and he vaults nearly over Alis to get into a defensive stance in front of her, waiting for the first attacker to come into view.

Move Action to get up, Move Action to get to H-18. Acrobatis to reduce fall damage 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33

His grin returns momentarily, but it is a wicked, predatory version of what she had seen before, "You do hit like a girl, by the way."


THEME SONG: Malandraenas gets ready to go Pantera >:D

Alis grins at Mal's enthusiasm and counters, still speaking in sylvan, "Hey, at least I don't throw like one though. Pretty sure I heard one of them say I broke their nose with your boot!"

The big warrior notices that with her disguise gone, the girl is wearing little more than a long baggy shirt and naught else. Down the street to the right, he spies boots, pants and other clothing items strewn about in the street along the path she took. She doesn't seem to be particularly phased by this fact, although she is busy putting her hair up into a ponytail with a strip of cloth she rips free from the hem.

"Maybe you should let me distract them and draw their attacks while you wade in for the hits. These guys are part of a local gang that we've been trying to get rid of for a while and there's probably more of them nearby."


"I was just gonna tear the first head off that peaks this roof... but hey, you're the boss."

About how long since we began combat.. more specifically, how many rounds since I used my Totem Transformation? Just the 8?

Follow-up question. Totemic Transformation can be extended without using an action, can I switch the aspect I'm using for free as well? As in, go from gaining a 20 foot speed to getting a bite attack? Cause, if I can go ahead and do that as we wait, that would be awesome.


Male Human Fighter 4

From further down along the roof, you hear a grunt and see one of the thugs vault up onto the roof before reaching over to help a guy a with a bloody face swing up beside him.

Down in the street in front of Mal, he sees two more preparing to vault up. A third who remains further back, sees Mal looming atop the roof and fires a loaded crossbow at him. "Watch it boys, they're waiting for us!"

light crossbow 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

The bolt whistles dangerously close past Mal's left ear.

Just then, one of the men who was standing further back runs forward and steps up into the cupped hands of his buddy as he jumps. The added oomph propels him onto the roof. With well-practiced efficiency, that man then reaches down and helps his partner to swing up beside him.

Next Up: Alis, Mal, thugs


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20
Malandraenas wrote:
About how long since we began combat.. more specifically, how many rounds since I used my Totem Transformation? Just the 8?

We're beginning round 9 and he started the totemic transformation in round 2. Alis only has two more rounds of inspiration left after this round (which Mal now begins benefiting from +1 att & dmg) which is also when her divine favor spell runs out.

Mal wrote:
Totemic Transformation can be extended without using an action, can I switch the aspect I'm using for free as well? As in, go from gaining a 20 foot speed to getting a bite attack? Cause, if I can go ahead and do that as we wait, that would be awesome.

A similar question came up with bardic performances since they can be maintained as free actions yet require longer actions to initiate. The ruling that I recall was that stopping a current effect is a free action, but starting up a new one requires whatever the action is that's stated in the rules.

Applying the same ruling to this, for Mal, this would mean that the minute of the aspect he's currently using would expire. He'd then use a standard action to start up a new one.

THEME: Alis throws down


Malandraenas wrote:
"you're the boss."

Alis gives a sigh and says, "That is so sweet!"

With that, she dashes down the roof running right past the thugs who just crawled up beside you. Seeing her taunt them so, they swing at her...

Shortsword AoO 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Shortsword AoO 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

...but she ably twists out of the way and keeps on going. She runs all the way to the other two provoking an attack from the first...

Shortsword AoO 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
unarmed strike 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 13 inspiration, divine favor, charge
dmg 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 6 inspiration, divine favor

...Mal winces thinking that the attack is going to take the girl's head off, but at the last second, she pivots on her heel and kicks behind her at the man with the broken nose. The leader's blade passes less than an inch over the back of her head and her kick catches the bloodied man in the gut. He goes down hard striking the edge of the roof and falling down to the street below with a loud thud.

Next Up: Mal, thugs, Alis
MAP: Updated


Mal gives her a few steps, then eagerly rushes in behind her, leveling a vicious horizontal slash with his left claw while using his body as a shield between Alis and the two closest attackers..

Move to L-19.
Power Attack w/ claw on K-18. 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 - 1 + 1 = 26. Bulls Strength, Power Attack, Inspiration.
Damage 1d4 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 14. Bulls Strength, Power Attack, Inspiration.


Male Human Fighter 4

With Alis having drawn their attacks, Mal is able to dash forward while the two men are unprepared. His jagged claws sheer thru flesh and bone and the thug he attacked is hurled clear off the rooftop landing heavily on the cobblestones in a spray of blood.

Knowing full well who the more dangerous target is, the two remaining bandits attempt to team-up on the raging man-panther.

Acrobatics vs CMD 25 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
AoO unarmed strike 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 1 + 1 + 1 = 9 expertise, inspiration, divine favor

While the leader is fast, he's not quite fast enough to beat the princess' reaction time. Unfortunately, she is unable to land her hit and the man moves up on Mal and attacks...

shortsword 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
crit? 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 O_O
dmg 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7 sneak attack

The attack is dead-on, but whether because of the effort necessary to evade Alis, or something else, the man's blade does not penetrate as deeply as it could have. Even still, it is a wound that would have gravely injured a lesser man.

From the opposite side, the other thug attempts to place his blade between the ranger's ribs...

short sword 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27 flanking
crit? 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22 Jesus, what did Gary do?!
dmg 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7

The second man's attack is just as furious but miraculously Mal avoids the worst of it, although he is now covered in blood from the waist down.


Round 10
Alis mutters something unladylike under her breath and then steps up to attack taunting as she does, "Hey, there's a spider on your back, let me get that for you!"

She aims a hard kick at the small of the man's back...

unarmed strike 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 15 inspiration, divine favor, flank
dmg 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + 1 + (5) = 10 insp, favor, sneak attack

...and strikes him fairly hard considering what a small little thing she is. The leader grunts from the blow but still seems intent upon finishing off Mal.

Next Up: Mal, thugs, Alis
MAP: Update


A hungering drive powers Mal's torn and ripped body. And a crimson spray accompanies his desperate twist to face his new attacker, and window-rattling roar rips the night as the hunter's claws seek life-blood pumping in the leader's throat.

Both attacks on the leader unless he falls, then the other goes to the thug.
Claw 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 - 1 + 2 = 21. bulls str, Power attack, flank.
dmg 1d4 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 11. same buffs.
Claw 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 - 1 + 2 = 20. bulls str, Power Attack flank.
dmg 1d4 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 12. same buffs.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

With a primal scream that echoes across the city and sends the crossbowman on the ground running, Mal tears the head off the gang leader showering himself and Alis in a torrent of blood!

The remaining bandit, witnessing Mal's savagery, turns tail to run provoking an AoO from The Manther™.

Claw 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 - 1 = 19 bulls str, Power attack
dmg 1d4 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 11

Mal's claws shred across the man's back and he leaps off the roof trying to get away by any means he can...

Acrobatics 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 fail sauce
falling dmg 1d6 ⇒ 5

...yet in his haste he slips on the blood slick roof and falls head-first to the ground landing with a solid SNAP!

From somewhere in the distance, you can hear the sound of whistles blowing as the city guard makes their way towards your location.


"Uugh..." Alis gives a squeamish sound at the sight of the severed head laying at her feet and kicks it over the edge of the roof.

Looking at Mal's back and his heaving shoulders, she's not entirely certain if he's lucid at the moment. She slowly backs away a few feet.

"Mal–" she begins but then starts over in a more commanding tone, "Corporal Malandraenas, the fight is ended. We must tend to your injuries."

Once she's certain the big man's bloodlust has ended, she approaches and casts a healing spell upon him.

Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 heal equal amounts of lethal and nonlethal

She frowns. "Well that certainly wasn't much help. Mal, do you have any healing magic you can use on yourself?"

Sense Motive 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
As the sounds of the city guards draws closer, she can sense the tension returning to Mal's muscles.

"No need to worry. The city guards all know me. This... isn't the first time this month something like this has happened." she admits. "About a week ago, Lureene, Morgaard, and I along with some others got in a brawl with a gladiatorial champion from Malatesta. Anyway, they might have some potions to spare and I'll need to explain what happened here."

She groans as she attempts to roll the leader's body back off the roof. "Say, want to go get a drink after this? My treat..."


Mal stands rock still, listening to the night to make sure there is no more threat. His breaths come in ragged heaves, his side and back blaze like fire where the blades dug deep, his legs holding up through force of will alone. Alis's words bring his head around, and she sees intense focus where she thought to see bloodlust.

"Yah, boss. But first are you hurt?" Assured that she is not, Mal takes a slow breath to steady his hands, then places a hand on each of his deep wounds, uttering words that sound somehow savage yet musical.

Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9.
Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11.

As strength returns to his body, Mal regards his charge, ears shifting at the sounds of the whistle blasts, and removes his black silk jacket, torn as it is. "Might want to cover yourself up, boss." As she slides the jacket over her thin shoulders, Mal takes his own belt and fastens it around her waist, making a strange black over-coat for the tiny girl that nearly drags on the rooftop. Despite the dark, she catches his eyes linger on her thighs, which to his eyes seem to glow in the moonlight. "I'd love a drink, but you gotta be more decently dressed… You sure this isn't gonna be a problem?" His eyes take in the carnage questioningly. "Most city-folk get all uppity when it comes to blood."


Mal wrote:
"Yah, boss. But first are you hurt?"

Looking at Mal's wounds, Alis furrows her brow a bit in concern and says, "I had a close call or two, but no one managed to land a hit on me. I hope Alexis doesn't mind that I pilfered a couple of her scrolls when I snuck out of the estate..."

Mal wrote:
"Might want to cover yourself up, boss."

"Thank you." She smiles with appreciation when Mal covers her up with his shirt. Where the one she had 'borrowed' earlier was huge on her, that was from a stable hand who was about 6' tall and 200 pounds. Wearing Mal's however is indeed like wearing a trenchcoat. It takes her a minute or so to roll-up the sleeves to where her hands show.

Mal wrote:
"You sure this isn't gonna be a problem? ... Most city-folk get all uppity when it comes to blood."

"As for the blood that isn't yours... Well, the guards have been after the Jackhands gang for some time. Crime here is nearyl as bad as in truly large cities like Malatesta and Jehiril. But, where there's people there's greed, lust, and crime. Not all of the Jackhands are murderers, but these men were intent upon making us both shed blood for being in 'their turf'." She gives a sardonic laugh, "Kind of ironic that they would consider a part of my Auntie's city theirs when they've never helped anyone but themselves..."

"At any rate, if any of them are still alive, they'll be on their way to prison. I know this all looks bad, but considering they would have done to a noblewoman of Estoria if they had the chance..." Alis wraps her arms around herself and shudders at the thought. "Well, let's just say that we won't have any problems from the guards. I should still let them know what happened though so they don't think this was gang-on-gang violence."

Mal wrote:
"I'd love a drink, but you gotta be more decently dressed…"

"Hmm, well I do have a cloak around here..."

The blood-spattered princess fetches her cloak, spies Morgaard's flask, and retrieves that too. The city guard are very close now and she says to Mal, "Come on, let's get down from here."

Acrobatics:
Alis 1d20 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 12 = 31 expeditious retreat
Mal 1d20 + 14 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 8 = 38 expeditious retreat

The two hop down to street level just as the police are rounding the corner from the main street to the south. "Let me handle this," she whispers still in Sylvan.


The patrol sergeant along with 4 men comes running up, all of them breathing hard. "Halt, in the name of Countess Rowan!"


Alis pulls back her hood to reveal her countenance to the guards, "That would be my Aunt's name that you wield, please treat it with care."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Sense Motive 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

The men hesitate for a moment taking in the carnage around them and the blood-streaked, poorly-dressed beauty and giant man before them. Sensing their consternation and apprehension, Alis sighs and steps into the light holding forth her left hand and the elaborate ring she bears upon it.

The sergeant hesitantly steps forward to view it after which his tone changes. For the next few minutes, Alis regales the men on how she and her new bodyguard were conducting executive protection drills when they were beset by gang members intent upon killing her guard and doing deeds best left unmentioned unto her.

Before all is said and done, two other patrols have arrived to backup the first and a small crowd of stevedores, sailors, and other locals look on the scene from a distance. Mal's sharp ears are able to pick up on more than a few comments indicating those gathered are appalled that the Countess' own kin would be attacked in their part of the city yet relieved to see that more than a few of the Jackhands got what was coming to them.

While the official reports take longer to square away than Mal would have liked, it's over soon enough. Afterwards, one of the patrols offers to escort the two of you back to Corrina's estate, but Alis replies, "Actually, to complete the exercise we were on, there are a few things we need to retrieve from The Crusty Buoy first."

The sergeant nods in acknowledgement and their patrols walks with you the rest of the way, remaining until such time as Alis decides to return to the Countess' estate.

OK, gotta head to bed now. It might be Monday evening before I'm back online, so we'll have to restrict things to RP until I get back from DragonCon.


The Next Day...

Lureene and Rath leave their room and follow their noses in an attempt to locate where breakfast might be served, hoping something may be left on the plate despite their late arrival. After a series of twists and turns, they stumble into an intimate garden. They are about to backtrack when Lureene spies Priyya and Felmor sitting alone at a table, enjoying the morning sunshine. Lureene calls out to them and is waved over.

The couples greet one another amiably and become a foursome. Livried wait staff come out to enquire what they would like to break their fast upon. Not wishing to impose, they all agree that whatever fare the Kirmoons enjoyed earlier would be delightful. They are surprised to find out that the Kirmoons have not breakfasted yet and are still in their suites, presumably fast asleep. The chef is at their service.

Lureene suggests leaving it to the Chef to 'surprise them' so long as the fare is hearty as everyone appears famished - for reasons that bring blushes to all of their faces. Her idea is quickly seconded, thirded, and fourthed. The highly efficient, and currently under-utilized staff, quickly returns with their first 'course' - a selection of juices and local fruit.

There is a moment of panic among the staff when Talvyra, who was left hunting the grounds last night, wanders into the garden attracted by the noise and smells of some beings she had the misfortune to share a carriage with. Priyya quickly calms the staff and suggests that Miss Talvyra would probably enjoy a selection of raw meats for her breakfast. Talvyra, dignified as always, seems to grasp that her hunt-sister is providing her with a meal and begrudgingly sits down on the lawn next to the table where the four are seated.


Talvyra's fore-legs stretch out before her as she luxuriates on a sunny spot of the soft grass in this stone jungle, enjoying both the feel of the new sun as well as the company of her new dark-maned hunt-sister. One of the meek, pink two-paws interrupts her tongue-lolling yawn, but Talvyra's mouth waters upon seeing the mound of meat it bears. Finally… all this stone jungle has to offer is loads of fluff-tails and blue-wings. How can one fill on that meager meal?

She watches in amusement as he timidly deposits the meat in front of her and scurries back a few steps. Talvyra cuts an amused pair of eyes over at her new hunt-sister, At least these two-paws show proper respect. Then she dives into her meal.

Got a post in the works for Mal, but won't be able to get it finished til this afternoon sometime. Would love to catch the crew at breakfast, but if things progress further by then, that's fine.


We'll see if we can keep them at breakfast
'Darkmane' sounds like a new nickname for Priyya. :)

Priyya regards the cat as it devours a large slab of meat, admiring her economy. She is an apex predator that simply IS - whether she is lolling in the sun, eating, or hunting... she just IS.

With shock, Priyya realises she forgot her sword - another lapse for Surya-ka-Vahaak. Felmor has her spinning like a top and she is just being too unmindful. She chastises herself briefly - What if some raiders came in right now!

Priyya laughs to herself at that possibility... IF they managed to get past the guards, all that would happen would be Talvyra would get a chance to augment her breakfast a little. And everyone at the table was competent with or without weapons. She relaxes. If I'm going to forget my blade - this is the place to do it and I'm in the right company.


Well, go ahead and progress things if you want to. Mal will catch up. He is, after all, the tracker.


Little Sister must have covered this whole estate twice over last night. Mal chuckles as he follows her scent through a long servant's hallway, The help must have just loved that. Well… if they even saw her, that is. He'd been trying to track her down for nearly an hour now, her path criss-crossing the sprawling house in seemingly random patterns. Even with last night's activities, Mal had risen relatively early... he disliked missing much of any morning, much less breakfast. That thought brought a resounding rumble from his midsection.

As he enters yet another cross-roads in the hallways, he takes a few moments to stretch his tired muscles. While the room furnished him had been comfortable enough, the few hours of sleep since returning to the Countess's home had not been enough to restore his full energy from the activities of the night before. Though, I guess it was a bit of fun… bloodletting and all. With a jaw-cracking yawn, Mal swivels his head side to side, allowing his nose to distinguish which way in order to stay on Talvyra's trail. Once the scent is gathered, Mal takes few seconds to stretch out his muscles again - those across his abdomen and back still tender from the thrashing the night before. Healing never really does take the full strain away. He thinks as he sets off in the direction of Talvyra's stalkings.


The sun of the little hidden courtyard is nearly blinding after the dark of the servant's runs, and Mal stands blinking for a few seconds before he's aware that he isn't alone. Three of those he met last night plus the bald dark one he hadn't were seated at a carved table. The blonde one… Lureene, I think, waves him over. As he crosses the sun-spattered lawn, he finally catches sight of Little Sister lounging near the Dark-skinned Priyya's feet, gnawing on a large raw piece of lamb, by the smell of it.

Five pairs of eyes rise to meet him, and he smiles, then waves, "Fine morning, everyone. Priyya, Captain Traker, Lureene." He extends a clawed hand towards the dark bald man, "We haven't met. I'm called Mal." He gathers from the man's scent that he spent at least part of this morning in the sheets of the blonde winged woman. I wonder if people are aware of all the information they carry for me with their smells. Mal thinks, his grin widening. (Taking 10 on Perception here…) Come to think of it, none of these four seem to be very well-rested. And the captain's smell is nearly indistinguishable from Priyya's. "I hope you all had a good, restful night."

Sense Motive 4 - easy peasy:
You get the feeling he knows that you didn't, as evidenced by the humorous look in his eyes. Bluff 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4.

"Mind if I join you?" The tall man asks, and when they acquiesce, he surprises them by stretching out on the lawn next to his hunting partner, giving her a familiar rub from side to neck, finishing with a rugged scratch behind the great cat's ears. A feline conversation flashes back and forth between the two; you get the feeling Mal isn't on the winning side. Finally, he shrugs and holds his hands up defensively and says in common, "Fine. Fine. Next time I'll come get you first. Sheesh. It's not like I planned on getting into trouble." His green eyes shift to you all with a resigned look, "Women."

Lounging on the sunny grass, Mal seems far more relaxed than he did the night before. Gone are the black silks, replaced by comfortable and serviceable brown leathers. His polished black boots have become soft, supple trail boots that seem custom-made for silent movement. Whether it is the clothes or the setting, the brooding, anti-social air is gone, though the predator remains - seemingly at ease.

"please tell me we have more to eat than fruit."


When the cats away, the mice will apparently write long, wordy narrative posts. ;)


Sense Motive 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Rath shakes the hand of the tall hunter, impressed with the strength of his grip. "Rath - monk of Lajmerae. Glad to meet."

Mal wrote:
"please tell me we have more to eat than fruit."

In answer to his question, the wait staff arrive with a second course consisting of a variety cooked and spiced meats, breads, preserves, and pastries.

"Appears Talvyra won't be only meat-eater today."


Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Easily picking up on his meaning and recalling how sharp his nose is, Priyya smiles. "Good morning, Mal. I can't speak for anyone else but I had a wonderful night and a better morning... but 'restful' wouldn't be a word I'd use to describe it."

"However, since you and the Kirmoons are the late risers this morning, I suspect you got even less sleep than the rest of us. So what acts of debauchery kept you from bed last night, hm? Or were your acts of debauchery IN bed." She gives him a humorous wink.

Mal wrote:
"Fine. Fine. Next time I'll come get you first. Sheesh. It's not like I planned on getting into trouble." His green eyes shift to you all with a resigned look, "Women."

Priyya's almond eyes shift to Talvyra speculatively for a moment. "Without hearing the other side of that conversation, I can't offer a blanket agreement with your 'women' sentiment. Sounds to me like you left Talvyra to fend for herself while you went out for some fun. Tsk tsk, Mal. You should always leave the party with the one you brought."

She turns to Talvyra, "Don't worry, beautiful girl. If he treats you poorly again, you come looking for me. I'll take care of you. We exasperating women need to stick together." She tosses an undercooked rasher of bacon to the large cat. "I hope you don't mind a bit of cooked food now and again."


Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Lureene daintily picks at her fruit on her plate, and on tasting it, feels pleasure erupt in her taste buds. She keeps staring at Rath-hun, enjoying the movements of his body. She considers herself lucky indeed, and seeing Priyya give the same looks when she glances at Captain Traker, nudges the dark-haired beauty, and winks at her.

"Priyya Surya-ka-Vahaak” wrote:


Easily picking up on his meaning and recalling how sharp his nose is, Priyya smiles. "Good morning, Mal. I can't speak for anyone else but I had a wonderful night and a better morning... but 'restful' wouldn't be a word I'd use to describe it."

"However, since you and the Kirmoons are the late risers this morning, I suspect you got even less sleep than the rest of us. So what acts of debauchery kept you from bed last night, hm? Or were your acts of debauchery IN bed." She gives him a humorous wink.

"Well, considering the absence of the lovely Kirmoon sisters, I would imagine it has something to do with one of them without a doubt!” She gives a girlish laugh, an undercurrent of sensuality running in her voice. “ Considering the way Corporal Mal and Alexis danced last evening, I believe Mal was spending many hours wooing the lovely girl!”

"Priyya Surya-ka-Vahaak" wrote:

Priyya's almond eyes shift to Talvyra speculatively for a moment. "Without hearing the other side of that conversation, I can't offer a blanket agreement with your 'women' sentiment. Sounds to me like you left Talvyra to fend for herself while you went out for some fun. Tsk tsk, Mal. You should always leave the party with the one you brought."

Lureene chuckles at the statement, and responds to Priyya, ”We should have some pity on our poor companion here, Priyya. Obviously, he was escorting the lovely Alexis for one last night on the town, by her request! I would find it extremely hard to refuse such a royal command, if I were the one asked.”


Priyya me Beloved Desert Rose wrote:

Easily picking up on his meaning and recalling how sharp his nose is, Priyya smiles. "Good morning, Mal. I can't speak for anyone else but I had a wonderful night and a better morning... but 'restful' wouldn't be a word I'd use to describe it."

Mal has the rather pleasant sensation of seeing Felmor start blushing on hearing the rather frank response from his Beloved. He notes the good Captain is somewhat prudish when it comes to this talk, which does not square with what his nose informs him.

"Ahhh....well I hope ye also 'ad a good night las' night as well."


Felmor's embarrassment brings a smile to Priyya's lips. She rubs his hand comfortingly.

To Lureene's sallies Priyya laughs and says, "Well I don't wish to speculate on Mal's activities with Alexis or any other court lady but... seeing as he is clearly in the know about our affections - turnabout is, I think, only fair. Sooooo, Mal. Do you have a wife or lady? Possibly both?"


As the serving man places the platter of non-fruits on the table, Mal's stomach loudly reminds him that he has yet to eat this morning. He mentally weighs the amount of food on the tray and flags down the serving man before he can leave, "Can you bring me a platter that size for me as well?"

The man looks confused for a second, "You mean you want a plate?"

"No, I mean bring a platter that same size," He points at the platter the four of the others are splitting, "just for me." He considers for a second, "But, could you go ahead leave off the pastries?"

The servers eyes scrunch up in concern, "So you want a platter - intended for four - full of meat and bread?"

Mal responds with a practiced patience (apparently his appetite has been called into question before), "Yes, that's exactly what I'd like."

The not so subtle innuendos regarding the twins.. wrote:
"Did you do the nasty with the twins? (I paraphrased, somewhat)

"Well, I'm not the most practiced at social niceties, but I don't believe I'm supposed to… have that much fun… and then tell about it. You'll just have to ask them about it." His eyes shut to slits and cut from side to side, his voice dropping conspiratorially, "I will say, though, that the Princess's clothes didn't last five minutes once the fun began." Then, in a muttered voice clearly meant to carry to you all, "I do hope she gives me my clothes back, though."

Sense Motive DC -1 (LOL... seriously?):
He is clearly joking, but there does seem to be an element of truth to his words… Worth asking the twins about? Bluff 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1.

Priyya wrote:
"…turnabout is, I think, only fair. Sooooo, Mal. Do you have a wife or lady? Possibly both?"

A sarcastic note enters his voice, "Oh yaaaaah, the girls are just lining up to try to settle down with the 7 foot walking fairy-tale. Plus, not many women are willing to share a man with the road, in my experience." He looks around, realizing that he's found two couples where they appear to be making just such a dynamic work, and he regards the two men with mock sincerity, "Well… I mean… not since you two took the last two perfect women around, right?"


Mal wrote:
He looks around, realizing that he's found two couples where they appear to be making just such a dynamic work, and he regards the two men with mock sincerity, "Well... I mean... not since you two took the last two perfect women around, right?"

Noting the sarcasm in his voice, Priyya considers whether she is being purposefully insulted. His tone could be mocking her and Lureene as being less than 'perfect' women. And while Priyya is inclined to agree with that assessment, it still is both impolite and unkind. Or perhaps he meant that finding strong women in general is difficult? Her eyes narrow as she regards him in a hard fashion debating whether to take offense or not.

Sense Motive DC:5 to pick up her stare at Mal and her debate on what exactly he meant.


Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13.

Mal catches the steely look in Priyya's eyes and shifts to hold his hands up in front of him defensively. "I mean no disrespect. I've been told my humor is… 'cutting' i believe was the word used. It's simply rare to find women of your particular talent and world perspective."


Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Lureene notes the interplay between the Corporal and Priyya, along with the rising tensions between them. Although she knew she was the perfect Angel, according to the only man that mattered to her, she knew she would be traveling with the both of them. She decides to take manners in her own hands, as she had felt the pain of lonliness for a long time.

Rising from her seat, after squeezing Rath-huns hand, she comes over to the Corporal and allows him to scent her. Fortuantely for him, her phernomic odors are quite muted. "Corporal Mal, I know you did not mean any offense by your words. I do appreciate the intent behind your words, although you uttered them rather bluntly." She bends up and pulls his face lower and whispers into his ear,

Mal or Perception DC 15:
"I am sure you will find the perfect one you can share your life with. If you need any help, I will always help you with this."


Mal wrote:

"Oh yaaaaah, the girls are just lining up to try to settle down with the 7 foot walking fairy-tale. Plus, not many women are willing to share a man with the road, in my experience."

"I mean no disrespect... It's simply rare to find women of your particular talent and world perspective."

Perception (Lureene) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Priyya relaxes and shrugs. "I'm not typical, I suppose. Of course, many men don't want 'their women' on the road... so we women often have to choose between our professions and our loves." She unconsciously lays a hand on Felmor's leg and squeezes a little.

"As for your luck with the ladies," She adds matter-of-factly, "If I weren't otherwise attached, I'd consider it, Mal. You are intriguing. I can't imagine I'm the only woman who'd find you so."


Felmor gives a grin to his Beloved Desert Rose on her touch, and when he hears her response to Corporal Mal. Seems like I better be a bit more attentive 'o me beloved, else she be catching th' Corporal fancy.

He speaks up quietly, "Corporal, I dinnae how ye life 'as been, so I cannae say why women percieve me such. All I kin tell ye, is I hadf ta travel through me own sets o' trials, afer I found me Derert Rose 'ere. Mebbe ye is still travelin on th' road, 'n ye own be waitin' fer ye at th' end."


Felmor's Bluff (to cover what's on his mind) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Priyya's Sense Motive (Felmor) 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25 Bonus +2 for familiarity with Felmor's mindset?

Priyya senses a disquiet in Felmor when she speaks of Mal's appeal. She rubs Fel's leg and gives him a reassuring, private, and soft smile saying quietly, "I wouldn't trade you for the world, beloved. I'm just saying he is attractive. I wouldn't expect you to look away from Lureene or deny she is stunning; she is. Appreciating her beauty doesn't diminish our relationship or the regard in which you hold me."


Felmor looks over at his Desert Rose, a bit surprised at how easily she was able to read him. Well, he had never considered himself a jealous man, but then again he had never been in love like this before, either.

He returns the whisper, "Me Beloved, I diinae mean ta be insultin' ye by actin' the jealous fool. I dinnae have any control oveah ye, 'n neveah will. Ye is yer own woman, 'n I be neveah tellin'ye what ta do. Of course I may be asking ye ta do something...he he" He puncuates that last statement with a gentle kiss on her cheek.


Priyya gives his leg another squeeze. "Fel, I'm not insulted and you definitely aren't a fool - jealous or otherwise. As for that other matter... I'm open to your requests." Smalls wisps of flame appear across her corona briefly before she damps them - a private message for Felmor.


"Good morning everyone! Did you all enjoy yourselves last night?" Alexis' voice is bright and cheerful and she seems to be in particularly high spirits this morning.


"Hewwo..." Lagging about 10 feet behind her short-haired twin sister, Alis comes along covering her mouth as she yawns. Unlike Alexis who is already dressed for a busy day, Alis is still wearing a fluffy robe over top of her nightgown and looks like she's about to fall asleep at any moment.

As if demonstrating this, she pulls up a seat next to Lureene, curls up into a ball on it and then lays down with her head on Lureene's lap like some over-sized tawny kitten.


Alexis helps herself to some of the tea, pastries, and fruit that the servants provide and hums quietly practically bouncing in her seat with excitement. "So Lureene, I was thinking that after brunch we could head into the city proper with Ravarath and go shopping for spellbooks and other arcane accouterments."

She narrows her eyes at Alis' antics and says, "Well, provided you are able to stand, that is. Somebody went and snuck out of the bedroom window last night and came back in wearing clothes that looked like they were taken from the body of a wounded giant."

"I really don't know why Alissariel prefers using windows to doors, but at least there was a nice cold breeze after she neglected to close the shutters. Funny how when she does these sorts of things, she tends to return with an armed escort and thru the front door. So what was it last night then, or shall I need to read today's news sheet?"


Lureene sits back satisfied she caused the hulking ranger to actually blush, Nice, he can try to hide it, but I can tell when a man is blushing, no matter his skin coloration. She glances at Rath-hun, and notices his skin getting a flushed look to it. After last night, I am impressed. I wonder if it has anything to do with this dress I am wearing?. Looking at his appreciative gaze, she thinks, Yep, lavender is definitely my color.

She is about to excuse herself and take Rath-hun back upstairs to their suite, but just then she notices the Kirmoon sisters approaching. She gives Rath-hun a squeeze on his thigh. Oh well, maybe later.

Lureene shrugs helplessly at Alexis, once she finds her lap being occupied by the soon fast-asleep face of Alis, Is she snoring? and says quietly, trying not to disturb her, "I would love to go shopping with you, once your sister has had her cat nap. You are right, she certainly had a...busy night last night."


Mal struggles to keep from becoming flustered as the conversation becomes more and more personal. Finally, he can't help but throw his back his and roar with laughter. "Look. I think you have me all wrong. My life's not lacking. The road and the hunt IS what drives me. I wouldn't know what to do if I found myself enmired in a relationship, to be honest. And second of all, if… IF I decided I needed companionship, you can be sure high society would be the last place I look, no offense intended, Princesses. You two, I've come to realize, are not your average courtesan, whose sole strength seems to lie in choosing the most garish costume or telling the juiciest gossip. Forgive me if I don't wish to saddle myself with that." He rolls over onto a single elbow, gesturing at the two couples, "You all seem to have been lucky enough to find mates who desire the road as much as you do, but I can guarantee you that is a rare fine, which I'm sure you know. I'm more than content to roam with Little Sister here. If I get an itch that needs scratching, I can usually find a welcome bed, but I'm just as happy to leave that bed empty in the morning - and here's to hoping the woman expects the same from me."

Mal is not offended, just confused how this conversation could have gotten so skewed.

I really can't tell if you guys are screwing with me or not here…

A half-smirk blooms on Mal's face as Alexis talks about her sister's evening, however, and he shares a knowing "I told you so" look with the four at the table.

Sense Motive DC 16:
You can tell in his face that no such thing occured... whatever happened, it was not of the romantic persuasion. Bluff 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20
Malandraenas wrote:
You two, I've come to realize, are not your average courtesan...

I do not think that word means what you think it does. ^_^;; Courtier is what you were looking for and what I'll just presume you said. :P


Laithoron wrote:
Malandraenas wrote:
You two, I've come to realize, are not your average courtesan...
I do not think that word means what you think it does. ^_^;; Courtier is what you were looking for and what I'll just presume you said. :P

Lol. no, it doesn't. I was thinking courtier.. but even that i'm not sure means exactly what i used it for.

You and your custom class have me all jacked up! :D


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

LMAO well it did go thru a few name changes. I finally settled on Sacred Consort though.

BTW, still have a bit of stuff I need to take care of around here today. Hope to resume everything by tomorrow.


Priyya inclines her head to the tall hunter. "As you wish, Mal. I wasn't trying to get you wedded, just periodically bedded." She bursts out laughing, waving an apology to the chaste and blushing Princess Alexis. "Having spent the last two years cutting a swathe across two continents, traveling mostly alone, I can say that it is a pleasant change for me having companionship... Just something for you to consider when the road gets long and the nights, cold." From the fond looks she passes between the Princesses and Felmor, it is clear she is talking about more than one definition of 'companionship'.

WOOT! 400!


Malandraenas wrote:
Courtesan...
Laith wrote:
Courtier...

Total aside... I had to write a book report on Francis Drake back in the day. Being a Protestant was a big part of his motivation... so 'Protestant' appeared many times in my report. Unfortunately, I wrote 'Prostitute' not 'Protestant' every time. :) I was 12. My teacher took it in good humor and pointed out my error. I think I got an 'A'. LOL

351 to 400 of 11,113 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.