Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle

Game Master Laithoron

[ Links: Matrix | ToC | Wiki ]


201 to 250 of 11,113 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Alexis Kirmoon wrote:

Alexis giggles at little at the thought. "Well good, maybe you can help to keep Alissariel in line then after I've left!"

Alis overhears her twin's comment and the two of them lock eyes for a moment. In unison, each holds up their paper fans alongside their faces and playfully stick their tongues out at one another for a split second another before returning to their conversations.

Lureene’s eyes sparkle in good humor, as she notes the banter between the twin princesses. She feels a sense of regret she never had a sister, someone to share her deepest hopes and fears with. Maybe Alis, or even Priyya could be the family she never had before.

Alexis Kirmoon wrote:

"Hmm, fascinating. The standard methods of conjuring creatures hold little interest for me, but willing something into creation straight from one's mind's eye..." her voice trails off as she contemplate the possibilities for a moment. "Now that is an ability that intrigues me."

She turns to Alexis and replies, ”Sure, I think that would be a lovely idea…” her voice trails off as the two princesses run off together.

Perception check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Lureene glances over at Rath-hun, who is still chatting with Laitherion, and shrugs her shoulders. I wonder what they are up to... She then notices the princesses waving at her, so she hurries over to join them.


Captain Wardove, aka Alis wrote:

Bluff 1d20 + 12

Alis just about chokes on an hor'd'ourve when she hears her sister call her 'Lis. After taking a sip of wine, she turns to Felmor and says, "Please excuse me, Alexis needs my help with something, I'll be right back..."

With that she gives Alexis a glance that says, Are you crazy?! And the two go running off to what you realize is a powder room.

** spoiler omitted **

Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"But of course, Alis!" Remembering all too well the look in Alis's eyes, he shudders inwardly, Ach, 'ere we go again!


Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15.

Mal's eyes narrow, a half-smile coming to his lips as he watches the two princesses scurry off - obviously up to no good. I don't care what the dwarf says... this may indeed be a fun assignment.


As the princesses begin to make their way to the lady's room, Alexis says, "Lureene, you should come too."

Lady's Room:
Once inside, Alis does a quick check to ensure the three of you are the only ones in there. Once she has, she asks, "Lureene, be a dear and lock the door, would you?"

Without any further hesitation, the twins help each other out of their outfits and the proceed to get dressed in each other's clothes. They accomplish the feat with alacrity that surprises Lureene. The only difference she can see how is their makeup and hairstyles. She is left with the impression that this is not the first time this sort of scene has unfolded. When the girls have finished dressing, the look in the same mirror together, lock pinkie fingers and say, "Topsy-turvy!"

There's a puff of purple smoke and Lureene sees each girl is back in their own clothes again. Wait, no that's not it, the are still standing in the same spots! 'Alis' gives 'Alexis' a mischievous grin while 'Alexis' simply rolls her eyes.

In a slightly annoyed voice, 'Alexis' comments to Lureene, "Usually I'm the one initiating these sort of stunts, not Alexis. What are the two of you up to anyway?"

"Oh nothing much," 'Alis' answers. "Lureene was just going to show me her eidolon, but we can't very well summon it inside. And since this is my party, if I go outside, everyone else will follow. It's just not proper decorum for the guest of honor to skip out on her own going away party, wouldn't you say, Lureene?"


After about 5 minutes, the three beautiful blondes exit the powder room. Alexis makes her way back to the party and sits beside Felmor commenting, "Forgive me, Alissariel and Lureene wanted to get some fresh air. Now then,how are you finding the party, Sir Traker?"

Check 1d20 + 6 + 10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 10 + 5 = 29 stuff, minor details

Perception DC 29:
Wait a second, is this Alis in an Alexis disguise?!


Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26.
Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29.
Bluff (hey, it could happen) 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10.

Curiosity gets the best of the tall hunter and he tries to ghost along the edge of the room to avoid notice, heading in the direction of the door through which the girls disappear. Once there, he'll try to lean against the wall non-chalantly, trying to act like he's not eavesdropping on the women's powder room.

As Alexis exits the powder room, Mal's nose twitches and a look of confusion is followed quickly by a rueful shake of his head before he wanders back to his secluded alcove.


Ladies Room:
Lureene tries very hard to stifle her giggles, and succeeds for the most part, with only a few escaping her lips.

She gives both sisters a hug and whispers "Thank you both so much for doing this for me."

She then checks her own makeup, and satisfied everything was in place, exits the Ladies Room, along with the twins.


Alexis Kirmoon wrote:

After about 5 minutes, the three beautiful blondes exit the powder room. Alexis makes her way back to the party and sits beside Felmor commenting, "Forgive me, Alissariel and Lureene wanted to get some fresh air. Now then,how are you finding the party, Sir Traker?"

Check 1d20 + 6 + 10 + 5 stuff, minor details

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Felmor knows something is up, but for the life of him, cannot figure it out. He nods at Alexis, and replies amiably, "Tis a nice affair, Alexis, 'n I thank ye fer your concern. I be doin' jes fine 'here. I know ye is used ta swimmin' here in shark infested waters," noting all of the suitors looking for a favored glance from the Princess, 'n I kinda feel th' same 'ere." Already several buxom ladies have been trying to catch his eyes, but, alas, none were the almond color he preferred.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Pretend that I didn't get a call that took 30 minutes and that this post immediately followed my last one. >.>

Mal's suspicious nature cause him to take notice when the girls step out of line-of-sight from everyone else. Finding that he can get a reflected view down the hallway by changing his relative position to the marble pillar he was standing near.

After a few minutes, he sees the 3 women exit and Alis and Lureene head towards the exit to the gardens that Morgaard was talking about while Alexis goes to sit and talk with Felmor.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

The ladies exit the restroom to find Mal standing near the door to the men's room about 20-ft away. Without a word, the three curtsy to acknowledge him and then head their ways without saying a word.

Check 1d20 + 6 + 10 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 10 + 5 = 37 stuff, minor details

As Alis and Lureene walk past him to the exit, he notices that something is ever so slightly off about the way the two smell. The purfumes of all three women are mixed together, but it's so overpowering he has trouble making out anything specific.


Mal stands considering what he should do. Obviously something is up, but for the life of him, he can't put his finger on it. These girls are gonna be a riot to keep track of, but I guess I should stick to Princess Allissariel.

Decision made, Mal quietly makes his way after Alis and Lureene towards the door. The open air of the courtyard is a welcome release after the oppression of the ball room, and he takes a few deep breaths to clear his nose and clear his head. It takes him a few seconds to find the two retreating women, but once he does, Mal sets off in a brisk walk to join them - as long as they don't seem to mind.


Assuming her conversation with the Countess has wrapped...

Priyya eyes the sudden departure of the twins with suspicion, particularly given Alis' reaction to what seemed a likely code-phrase.

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 Aw yeah...
Sense Motive (hijinks!) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Priyya watches the threesome emerge. Something in the way Alexis sits down next to Felmor just doesn't seem right, seems more like... Got it! Clever girls. Hm... Priyya regards 'Alexis' and notes that Felmor seems oblivious as to whom she really is. The maverick, mischievous side that is all Priyya and none of Surya-ka-Vahaak sips her wine and thinks Oh, Alis might enjoy this. Hopefully, she plays along.

Priyya glances to see who is in earshot, not wanting to ruin the twin's gambit. Then she turns fully to her two companions on the divan - Felmor beside her and Alexis/Alis book-ending him on the other side. She gives 'Alexis' a cat-like smile and leans forward to say quietly, for just their ears. "Alexis... I've been thinking a lot about Kassen's tomb. Maybe I'm just a foolish girl but I've been wondering why you hugged Felmor so enthusiastically. Do I... Should I be concerned?" She gives a slight wink with the eye furthest from Felmor.


Alis comments to Lureene, "Just up ahead there's a terrace bordered by hedges on either side. It's nice and secluded." She smiles wistfully and says, "Mother told me once that it was where the Duke asked for her hand in marriage..."

Perception
Alis 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Lureene 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Stealth
Mal 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Mal:
The ladies are none-the-wiser to your presence.

Upon arriving on the secluded terrace, Alis looks out over the moonlit gulf, gives a melancholy sigh and then says, "I think that we should be fine here, go ahead with your summoning ritual, Lureene."


Bluff 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Sense Motive 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 (on Priyya)

Group Hug!

Alexis pauses while sipping her wine and blushes slightly. Placing the glass down, she turns to Priyya with downcast eyes.

"Forgive me, Priyya. I– I'm not really used to being free with my emotions except with my sister. Alissariel just started hugging you and Morgaard and Felmor and I were just standing there up to our knees in water... He– just looked so lonely and– and– I was so very cold..."

Alexis turns to Felmor, her blue-violet eyes moist with emotion, "I've never been held by a man like that and it was so new for me. Then Alissariel squeezed us together even harder and– well, I felt something."

She shakes her head and looks up attempting to blink back tears. "I'm sorry if I abused your trust with my foolish naivety, you deserve so much better than that... Even when we were at Lord Aernelóth's and I was helping Felmor to pick out those clothes... I couldn't forget his embrace and how it felt to be crush up against him, safe in his strong arms."

Alexis smiles sorrowfully and says, "Yet I could never do that to a friend and so I put the thoughts out of my mind, I thought them forgotten until... now."

The dainty princess turns to Priyya and takes the warrior-priestess' hand in both of hers, holding it to her cheek. "Please Priyya, can you ever find it in your heart to forgive this foolish girl?"

Priyya:
You can see the princess wink at you with the eye on the side of her face away from Felmor.

By this point, Corrina, Laithoron and several others are listening in and all eyes are on Felmor, Alexis, and Priyya as silence and whispers begin to spread across the ballroom.


In the courtyard...

Mal, realizing that he has been successful in not only evading the eyes of any would-be-onlookers, but also of the two girls, clears his throat over-loudly.

"Alis and Miss Lureene is it? I needed some air… hope you don't mind."

Unless they object, he stands next to them, his confused look passing across his features once before he turns his attention to Lureene. Something about her smell is at once intoxicating and threatening. His body responds on a subconscious level, like a buck who catches wind of a doe in heat. But underneath even that smell is something… off and unnatural. What is she? he wonders through slitted eyes.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Heading to lunch back in an hour.


Bluff 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 on Priyya/Alexis

Felmor waves his beautiful lady over and motions her to have a seat next to him. Ach, I be one 'o th' luckiest men alive, sittin' 'ere in between two lovely ladies.

When he hears Alexis's response to Priyya, he nearly chokes on his wine. That' not how it happened! was it? Unfortunately, he had to admit it was very clsoe to what happened. Glancing back at the crowd of onlookers, he shrugs uncomfortably, and still not sure what is happening here, and noticing he was getting far more attention than he was used to, decides to just play along. Hopefully it will end well. He turns to Alexis and murmers in her ear, "Ach ye know, Princess, its not that ye is ugly it jes be I only got room in me heart fer one beautiful lady.. He figures now would be a good time to display his love for her and he turns to his Desert Rose, taking Priyya's face in his hand, and presses his lips to hers, lingering there for a while.


Bluff 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 (Holy Crap!)

Between trying not to laugh at Alexis' award-winning performance and the shock of Fel's unexpected (and quite enjoyed) kiss though she was a bit mortified it was so public, Priyya somehow manages to sound believable.

She looks at Felmor with shock. "Fel, while I appreciate your passion, behave yourself! The Princess is clearly distraught." She turns her attention to Alexis.

Priyya kisses the Princess' clasped hands. "There is nothing to forgive, Alexis. You have not betrayed our friendship. I, too, know the seductive effect of Captain Traker's strong arms and considerable charms. Don't blame yourself; it was your first experience and he is so masculine. We are all helpless when it comes to matters of the heart particularly around men who... well... are born from the stuff of heroes from ancient days."

"While we cannot always have what our hearts' desire most and I think this doubly true for a Princess such as yourself... still we can take some comfort where we may find it, whatever little solace it may provide. So..." She breathes deeply before finishing, "If, from time to time, you would find solace in a comforting, platonic, embrace from Felmor - to tie you over until you find the man of your dreams - I would be pleased to share him with you."

Can we hear a pin drop?


Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Lureene jumps slightly as Malandraenas announces his presence. She gives the towering Scainor/elf bodyguard a polite curtsey, and notices him sniffing the air around her. She reads the intent in his eyes, and shudders in fear, mixed with an undercurrent of longing. This strange man/creature reminded her of another friend who had a draconic heritage. Knowing her scents had the tendency to drive men wild, courtesy of her own demonic heritage, she consciously wills her phernomes down to a more manageable level.

"Lureene is fine, Mal, is it OK to call you that? I was going to summon Grak, who is my eilodon." Knowing he is not a mage, she explains to him, "Think of him as a companion to me, much like Talvyra is for yourself..."

She turns her attention back to 'Alis', and says, "Now this will only take a moment..." she then lapses into concentration.


Lureene wrote:
"Lureene is fine, Mal, is it OK to call you that?"

Mal's nod is his only response, and he wonders at the lessening of her scent, which reduces itself to merely a spikey odor somewhat reminiscent of cinnamon - not in it's flavor, but in it's feel in his nose.

He watches impassively as she silently calls her companion, knowing enough about the arcane not to be awed but also not caring enough to be impressed. Out of the corner of his eye he watches the woman who's scent is apparently solely created for a single male response. That, in conjunction with her wings, only furthers his curiosity.

His mind visits once again the puzzle that was the powder room trip, and he takes another long look at Alis.


Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Darn, Oh well.

Felmor knows by now something is up, but he still is not sure whether the source is Priyya, or, (more likely) Alexis. But, 'tis not like 'er ta do this. Of course I wouldna expect 'er ta hug me like that either. "Ach, look, Priyya, ye knows ye is th' only woman fer me!"

He turns to Alexis, and takes her hand in his, "I be th'first ta say ye be a fine catch fer any well-heeled noble, blessed with a good heart, 'n I be flattered ye'd even consider giving this poor man 'ere even a passing consideration fer yer fancy. But I be true ta th'one who captured me heart." He plants a kiss on her palm, and finishes "But i leave ye that ta remember me by." He then stands up from the crowds, feeling a need for some fresh air.


Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Mindful of the drama that has seemingly captured the attention of most of the party-goers, Rath thinks Clearly, I missed a good adventure! As the conversation continues, like any man in attendance, he idly wonders what it would feel like to hold Alexis. He laughs at his own foolishness, Yeah, what would be the odds of THAT happening?

Sorry, I can't resist a good foreshadow!


Priyya grabs Felmor's hand as he tries to leave. She doesn't want the joke to spin out of control and hurt him. Her grip isn't insistent but her eyes are, "Please, stay a moment, beloved. I know I am singular in your heart... though I think there are several ladies in this crowd who would care to challenge that statement." She gives him a little wink. "Please stay. I only offered her your hugs not your heart."


"Oh, hello Malandraenas. Feel free to stay and watch, if it suits you."

With that, Alis concentrates on Lureene's summoning ritual with great interest.

Know Arcana 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Felmor is still unsure what is going on now, especially after her wink, which reinforces his suspicion he was the butt of some joke. He was not sure what, but he would be the first to admit this affair was like sailing blind in a peasouper. He returns to the group of ladies, and murmers in her ear, "Aye, Desert Rose, I be glad ye only offered hugs, 'cause I like me heart where it is," he hugs Priyya close, showing her where his desires lay, and then releases her, and says with a flourish of his Captain's Hat, "I gots pleanty o' hugs ta go 'round!" He figured if he played his hand right, the women would feel so guilty, they would feel obligated to make it up to him.


Mal's confusion deepens. "I thought we were keeping it casual, Alis."

What's going on here?, he thinks.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25.
Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22.


Bluff 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
(Felmor may take a +10 bonus on his SM check due to his incredulousness.)

Hearing Priyya's words and the brush of Felmor's lips on her soft, white palm, Alexis sighs softly looking skyward as she fans herself with her other hand. Stifling back tears, she says, "How fortunate I am even in my loneliness and confusion to know such magnanimous souls! What sorrow to be parted from the both of you the morning after tomorrow..."

Unable to hold back any longer, Alexis bursts into tears hugging both Felmor and Priyya close for what soon becomes and awkwardly long time.

Felmor:
While she is hugging you, you suddenly feel Alexis goose you on the rear!


Bluff 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Disguise 1d20 + 6 + 10 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 10 + 5 + 4 = 36 spell, minor details, distance
Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

"Yes, of course Mal, I just thought that perhaps the casual atmosphere was grating on you. You seemed to be rather ill-at-ease.

Mal:
While Alis' excuse is plausible, you get the feeling that's not really the reason for her suddenly becoming formal.


In their group hug, Fel sees that Priyya appears overcome by the powerful moment so much so that her shoulders shake with sobs... or wait a second... is that her laughing?! Fel thinks son of a...

Bluff 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Bluff 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Perception 1d20 + 13 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 8 = 38
Sense Motive 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 (on Priyya)

The Countess sits stoically hiding her face behind a wine glass casually observing the crowd without displaying even the faintest hint of emotion.

Sense Motive DC 32:
She is royally amused by the consternation Alis' acting job is doing amongst the gathered guests.


Sense Motive on Alexis/Priyya 1d20 + 8 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 10 = 30 circunstance

Once he feels himself goosed, and not by his Desert Rose, Felmor finally gets the joke and realizes who this is actually hugging him, not that i cannae tell th' difference, he he He chuckles amusedly, and gives the ladies a bow worthy of the finest thespian actor. "Aye, me ladies, that be a fine peformance!"


With a big grin, Alex hops up and with a snap of her fingers, there's a puff of purple smoke and you see that instead of a busty blonde with short hair done up in braids that wrap around her head, it's a busty blonde whose long tresses spill down her back to her waist.

Standing up with Priyya on one side and Felmor on the other, she takes their hands and gives a bow to the stunned onlookers.

"Thank you, thank you everyone, what a fine audience you have all been! I hope you enjoyed our little show!"

"Now then," she turns and grins ferociously at Felmor and Priyya, "how about we have a lively tune for everyone to dance to?"

When Countess Rowan nods in approval, the band strikes up a swelling waltz that echoes throughout the estate and fills the floor of the ballroom with noblemen and women absolutely atwitter with delight and amazement at the cunning ruse.

Seeing that Laithoron is still engaged with entertain (and being entertained by) Hannah and that Ravarath is presently without his buxom blonde of choice, Alis skips over and says, "We should all join Priyya and Sir Felmor on the dance floor, don't you think? Rath, would you dance this waltz with me until Lureene and Alexis get back?"

Note that this has effected no change on the other twin's disguise.


Priyya is happy to dance... after she stops laughing... which takes a few minutes.


Alexis or Perception DC 25:
"OK, 'Sis, I had some fun at the crowd's expense before doing the big reveal. Everyone's dancing right now so feel free to go easy or hard on Mal as you see fit. It's your party after all!"


Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17. Nope.


Captain Wardove, aka Alis wrote:
Seeing that Ravarath is presently without his buxom blonde of choice, Alis skips over and says, "We should all join Priyya and Sir Felmor on the dance floor, don't you think? Rath, would you dance this waltz with me until Lureene and Alexis get back?"

Rath looks at the breath-stealing Alis. She is always so charming. "Rajkumari, I would be pleased to dance with you to ends of world and beyond... whether Lureene beats me senseless or not." He bows, as he has seen the courtiers do, and leads her to the dance floor.


While Lureene is still completing her summoning ritual, she hears a message spell from Alis (DC 29 for Mal to hear it).

Mal sees 'Alis' nod her head as if in acknowledgement of a message and sees the princess look up at him with a smile. Seemingly without prelude she says, "Well, I think he's been a good sport."

As he watches, the tiny woman approaches him, looks up with a sparkle in her eyes. After a moment, she shrugs her shoulder, demurely turns her head to the side and snaps her fingers. There is a puff of purple smoke for a moment and when it clears, Mal finds that Alis' long tresses are gone, replaces by a wreath-like braid around Alexis' head.

"Please forgive the deception, Mal. If you must know, this was my idea. I wanted to come out here to see Lureene's eidolon, but being that this party is being held in my honor, it would have attracted too much attention if I simply left. This was entirely my idea, I assure you. Alis is safe with the others having a good bit of fun at the expense of the assembled nobles. You may stay or go as it suits you."

Sense Motive DC 5:
Alexis seems genuinely sorry for any grief she may have caused you.

Sense Motive DC 10:
She really does seem to be telling the truth about being interested about Lureene's pet.

Sense Motive DC 15:
She does seem to be having fun however, and you can tell that it's been a while since she's played a prank like this.

Sense Motive DC 20:
There's a hint of sadness in her knowing that it will be some time before she and her twin can engage in such hijinks again.


Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20
Ravarath wrote:
"Rajkumari, I would be pleased to dance with you to ends of world and beyond... whether Lureene beats me senseless or not."

"Such a charmer!" Laithoron comments, "And so well-dressed too."

Bluff 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Sense Motive DC 13:
You're really not sure if he's talking about Alis or Ravarath, but he seems sincere. No, actually you're pretty sure he means both of you.

Lifting Hannah to her feet with a subtle tug of her hand, he smiles and holds her close. "We can dance if you want to..."

When a silly big grin paints the pretty young human's face, Laithoron gives her a gentle kiss and leads her down to the dance floor following Alis and Rath to a prime location near Priyya and Felmor.

Dance
Alis 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 = 31 seductive & AA+6 on Rath
Hannah 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 4 = 23 AA+4 from Laithoron
Laithoron 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 4 = 24 AA+4 from Hannah


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20
Malandraenas wrote:
Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 &#8658; (19) + 2 = 21.

Yay! :D


Mal stands for a few seconds regarding the princess, apparently deciding if he should be amused or offended.

"HA!", he suddenly laughs, "Now THAT'S a trick!" His grin becomes feral, "You have offended my pride greatly, Alexis, and that is a terrible thing to live with. I fear there is only one way to reclaim it, too." The usually predatory and towering young man dips into a surprisingly graceful courtly bow, leg extended perfectly, and offers her a clawed hand. His green eyes catch the light from the ballroom like two moons as he peers out of a face masked by the evening dark, the grin becoming somewhat sheepish, "and that is to show all those dandies in there who is the alpha male by allowing me the first dance with the guest of honor."

If she accepts, he will offer her his arm,and the two will re-enter the ball-room, looking like such a mis-matched pair, and make their way over to where the group is gathering to dance.

Not sure what modifers should go here, but… Dance 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9. That's what I get for nailing that Sense Motive roll. :D

In over his head, Mal does his best not to step on her tiny feet, but alas, this was never Mal's domain.


Rath dances dextrously, not elegantly, opting to compensate for poorly performed spins of Alis with well executed flips over her head to change position...

Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Dance (untrained) 1d20 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 6 = 26

He is astonished how well Alis leads him by not leading him.


Priyya, following her own drummer, slows the pace of her waltz with Felmor and pulls him somewhat closer than is normal. Her wide, laughing almond eyes do nothing but regard his face. Her long hair swoops behind her as Felmor leads her through an improbable set of spins.

Despite her poor skill on the floor, Priyya seems delighted.

Dance 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15
Dance AA to Felmor 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Edit - added in Fel's AA bonus


I think Eric must be busy at work so we can continue and whenever he has a chance to post as Lureene, we'll just assume it took place at a convenient time.

Alexis smiles with relief that Mal has a good sense of humor about the situation. "Yes, I'd be happy to offer you the first dance!"

After admiring Lureene's eidolon, Grak, she takes hold of Mal's gigantic right arm with her left hand and allows him to escort her back inside.

Dance 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 AA+5 to Mal

The crowd which had just finished applauding the dance performances by Alis, Rath, Laithoron and Hannah grows quiet as the star of the party enters accompanied by an imposing figure of a man. All eyes turns to the pair and while Alexis feels Mal tense up a bit, her gentle touch helps to still his nerves.

Looking up to the balcony, Alexis calls out in her clear musical voice, "Something slow, please..."

With that, the two take the floor and Alexis whispers, "Just follow my lead and you'll do fine..."

As true as the sun rises in the east, Alexis' words ring true leading many a noble suitor feeling dejected, forlorn and outright intimidated both by the pairs' skill on the dance floor, Mal's sheer size, and Alexis' confidence.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20
Priyya Surya-ka-Vahaak wrote:
Dance 1d20 + 4 &#8658; (9) + 4 = 13

Since Dancing is intrinsically cooperative, only 1 check is needed. Fel gets AA+2.


For FELMOR

Since Priyya is feeling a mite un-danced with, I'll roll Fel's dance-ability and leave the color commentary to Eric.

Dance (Dex) 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23

Felmor leaves Priyya breathless, surprised, and more than slightly 'enchanted' judging by the eldritch light coming off her. She moves close to him as a new song begins and whispers:

Felmor or DC:20 for those close enough to hear - you be the judge:
"Captain Traker, you surprise me. I see your vertical talents match your horizontal ones." I know. I know. She lets her hair down, puts on a revealing dress, and she becomes a shameless brown-skinned hussy. :)


Sorry about the dropoff guys, my ISP at home went down for a couple of hours, just as I was about to post this.

Lureene sits down on one of the benches overlooking the gulf, and starts chanting softly to herself. After a few seconds you all notice a glowing rune appear on the winged lady’s forehead, which glows brighter, as her chanting grows more noticeable.

After about a minute of this, there is a flash coming from behind the group, surprising the Princess, and even Mal (for a second or two.) The group turns to look and they see what looks like a …serpent? Alis has never heard of a creature like this before. The creature is serpentine in form, running about 5 feet long, having greenish brown scales, a long neck and a serpents face, with a wide jawling, certainly capable of leaving a painful bite. A pair of wings, which are exactly the shade as Lureenes, sprout from the back of its neckline just behind its sinewy neck, and the tail looks very flexible, as it is forked into two slender appendages.

As you look into its eyes, you all see the sparkle of intelligence in its emerald green eyes. Finally, you notice the same glowing rune appear on the creature’s left wing.

It crawls on the ground, moving surprisingly well on its four clawed feet, and crawls up to Lureene, and looks at her for a moment, then it turns its attention to you all.

Lureene speaks up, ”This is Grak”.


Once Lureene has finished showing off Grak, she leaves Grak outside to enjoy thecool night air, and returns inside to watch the festivities. She sees Rath-hun dancing with Alis, and waves over to them. She will not begrudge him anything on his final night here, and will wait for him patiently, as long as it takes.


Rath sees Lureene and waltzes Alis in her direction as the song ends and Alexis and Mal take center-stage. "Thank you Rajkumari for making me look like I know how to dance. If 'Princess job' falls through, you could have career as dance instructor. Make good money I think." He bows to her.

Then Rath looks earnestly at Lureene, "I missed you."

201 to 250 of 11,113 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.