Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle

Game Master Laithoron

[ Links: Matrix | ToC | Wiki ]


9,201 to 9,250 of 11,113 << first < prev | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | next > last >>

Noble Lady

Elendreth took a measured breath even as she averted her eyes from the lecherous man sitting across from her. "That 'old man' happens to be one of Port Eldarion's most respected Patricians. Luca Petronius is the Master Architect over the Fraternal Association of Builder and a friend unto many–"


"OOH!" Sasha's concentration snapped like a twig and she spun about heedless of what Elendreth was saying.

"Hey Darv, I don't think we actually need to guard anybody here, you should go get comfy or something!"

With the thought passed, she turned back to the wizardess and asked, "Oh yeah, so what were you saying?"

She was met only with an icy gaze.

MAP: Villa Sempronius, (Dining Round 04)
Note: There are a lot of guards and servants present, but I've left them off of the map simply to avoid confusion.


Lureene shifts her wings to avoid brushing up against Lord Gallo sitting next to her. Truthfully she did not know if he was contaminated in some way.

Probably, by a lack of good taste is my guess.

She sighs as she felt the old man's glare piercing a hole in the back of her neck. Apparently, this had not been such a good plan after all. But how could you avoid making enemies here? And more importantly, how do you avoid making the WRONG enemies?

Too late now...I have to try to salvage the situation somehow...

She waves to Elendreth to get her attention and follows up to her bodyguard's question. "Yes, Elendreth. I am curious to hear more of him. It is unfortunate we do not have more room at this table, I would have liked to find out more of him. I had not realized he would be so...touchy."

Rolls:
Diplomacy 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21


Dwarf Lightbringer

"I'm comfortable just as I am, but I get the point." He walks away, toward the emptiest table. CT.182

Motioning toward the empty seat near Jaro, he simply says, "Excuse me." as he waits for Jaro to make way for Darvesch to sit.


A sickly sweet smile greeted Angrem's question. "Not exactly." Her hand waved in dismissal, vertically, taking the smile with it. In a lower tone, the elf continued: "That depends. He certainly seems to be in possession of a surprising amount of ignorance, but once the veil is lifted, I doubt he would be too pleased. His inclusion into any discussions and the resultant bluster will have to be a burden all of us bear to avoid a potentially combative dining experience." Iscandu help us all.

Amhranai waited until Carlina's voice trailed off to respond, observing the way her table-mates interacted with each other. Turning to the whaling baron, she said, "You're right, there is no harm in admiring; however, what Iole does is much more than admire. And if the rumors are true, the only contact he was with his wife has nothing to do with love. Curious, the amount of make up Melianna uses. And the way she cringes when she hears his voice." Let's see what he makes of that...

"I honestly do not know what to make of this, Carlina," the elf continued, facing the baroness. "I know very little of Alis-the Princess-so I am not sure what to make of her just yet. It would be easy to wave this off as a game and assume she's just another vacuous foreign noble, but I hope that won't be the case. I do know that she is a follower of Sumalya," the medallion of Iscandu popped into view as she spoke,"my patron's wife. If I were to guess, she wants her companions to get a feel for the people here, as well as what life is like. I don't know if she expects me to be a part of that-I don't even know her. I guess we'll have to wait and see. How about you, guildmaster? Baron?"


Noble Lady

It was everything Elendreth could do not to roll her eyes at Sasha or Lureene — not that either of them picked up on her annoyance. The abjurer gave a doleful glance to her wineglass as a servant refilled it.

"If you were relegated to sharing the company of an enemy of a close friend rather than joining them, I imagine that you too might be 'touchy'."

Rolls:
Sense Motive DC 10:
L 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
S 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Guildmaster: Viamaré Concern

"Ehh?" Lucio crooked an eyebrow as he flicked some earwax from the tip of his pinkie finger. "What enemies are you talking about, Elendreth, the Concern scarcely does business with the Enclave, not for a lack of effort on my part, mind you."


Noble Lady

Draconic AND Perception DC 15 (Lureene):
"Ignorant, self-absorbed, pig-headed, money-grubber..."

Rolls:
Perception DC 15
L 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Even as Ieana had to keep from laughing at Elendreth's whispered commentary, Gelik raised a finger and said, "Actually, I believe that Lady Elendreth was implying that the older gentleman was put-off because whomever he was forced to sit with is a rival of one of his friends. I do not believe the Lady's comment was directed at you, Lord Gallo."

Rolls:
Sense Motive Checks:
G 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


At Gelik's comment, Sasha looked across the room and joked, "Well, at least he's still getting to sit with a hot red-head right?"

When Elendreth sighed in resignation, the huntress grew a little more serious, "So which one doesn't he like anyway? The elf lady, or that guy who was hitting on Ellie earlier?"


Noble Lady

Thinking better than to answer such a loaded question directly, Elendreth replied, "The Builders have to their credit many of the grand structures found in the human quarters including virtually all of Monument Green. Yet in addition to stone, lumber among other materials is needed in great quantities."


Lureene is silent for a moment digesting what she has learned, watching the reactions of those sitting with her and wincing at Gallo's uncouth behavior.

So, the issue between Gallo and Elendreth is personal, not business. I wonder if there is something deeper going on here though...

When she hears Elendreth's comment, she stifles a laugh.

Draconic AND Perception DC 15:
"Now, now Elendreth, it is not polite to talk about someone behind their back, although he certainly DESERVES it!"

At least you do not have to sit next to him. I have known Dretch demons far more refined than THIS guy.


Ieana snickered at Lureene's commentary even as Elendreth gave the succubus a look that said, 'I told you so'. Lord Gallo merely scrunched up his face in confusion, clearly wondering what was going on.

"Ah," Ieana nodded as she put the pieces together, "so one of the individuals with whom Master Petronius is seated has a rivalry with Dafar's logging barons, do they? This reminds me of the social contortions needed to secure archaeology grants back at the Academy..."


Guildmaster: Viamaré Concern

"Bah!" Lord Gallo waved a hand dismissively as he leered at the nubile young servant pouring the wine, "Everyone worries too much over what Naiobe thinks of them. Dafar has plenty of trees. If the Zucks liked them so much they'd have stayed in the jungle!"

His own gut shuddering with laughter, Lord Gallo slapped the serving girl on the rear as she departed eliciting a squeak of surprise.

"Now then," he turned to Lureene, "enough about old men and in-fighting. How did a pretty girl like you come to have such big wings? Some kind of a spell, or are they part of that gown you wear?"


Harbormaster
Darvesch wrote:
"I'm comfortable just as I am, but I get the point."

Darvesch spied a wink from Sasha as he walked off, soon finding himself drawing close to Isaac and a well-dressed human with a scruffy beard. A few minutes ago, the Major had introduced the man as one Jaro Corvinus, the city's Harbormaster.

Unlike the drama that was taking place elsewhere, the two men seemed to be more preoccupied with joking — although given Lilyana's actions the humor was potentially at Isaac's expense.

Darvesch wrote:
"Excuse me."

Jaro looked to his left and then down until he met the gaze of the short-statured warrior. "Ah, I was starting to wonder if you were going to impersonate a statue up there."

Moving in towards the center of the bench, Jaro extended a hand to the seat he had vacated.

"So," he remarked casually, "Isaac was just telling me he's broken-hearted that your cousin turned him down. I was thinking of taking him to Victor's later and getting him a room with a couple of strippers and a case of rum. What do you think, gnomes or fauns?"


Ahhh....so Naiobe has issues with someone Luca is seated with, and it has to do with the excess logging they are engaged in. Now to dig further...

As Gallo asks her about the wings, Lureene is thankful for the effects of the atonement ceremony she went through several months earlier had on her wings, giving them their golden color. She knew it would have been hard for Princess Alis to explain why a succubus was working for her. Needless to say, that fact was not one she wanted to become public knowledge.

Best to mix truth and lies here, I think...

She turns to Gallo and favors him with an amused smile, Well, Lucio I suppose you could blame my Mother for these wings, although she always used to call me her angel" She wipes away a (fake) tear, "I miss her sometimes..." then her face brightens up, "Soooo, Lucio, can you tell me more of what the Concern handles, and what your duties are with them?"

Rolls:
Bluff 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 20 + 1 = 30 lying


Dwarf Lightbringer

"Heh." Darvesch chuckles, taking a seat at the back of the booth, making sure he has a view of everyone in the room. "Honestly, I'm not sure Isaac is the kind of man who would be up for such exotic tastes." He looks to Isaac, "No offense. You just seem like more of the 'straight and narrow' type." He chuckles again. "My alchemist-brewmaster cousin once said: I tried to drown my sorrows, but the buggers could swim." He shakes his head, "Till he once made a vodka that literally made you forget the previous day.." He sighs, trailing in thought, "I never did find out what happened to poor cousin Ortai."

He shakes off his distraction, "Don't feel too bad about being turned down, buddy. What about focusing your attention on someone else for a while?" He smiles.


Isaac was honestly okay with casual joking at his expense as long as it didn't cross a line. There was a smile on his face as Darvesch took a seat, though it quickly faded when Jaro piped up and continued to poke fun at him for what his sister did.

"Come now Corvinus, Don't get me in trouble with her cousin, my heart is aching enough as it is." He said, being a little over dramatic about it. "my darling little sister is sooo kind to me to help me out like that." To Isaac, this later would be something everyone could laugh at, hell it was already.

Jaro said wrote:
I was thinking of taking him to Victor's later and getting him a room with a couple of strippers and a case of rum. What do you think, gnomes or fauns?

Isaac was glad he wasn't drinking anything or he probably would have choked on it. He cleared his throat and quirked an eyebrow at Jaro, "Not everyone is into the same things you are Corvinus." he said with a grin, nodding towards Darvesch. "No offense, pretty much how it is really..."


Harbormaster

Jaro's laugh seemed more like a cackle, "It's Darvesch, right? So, do you have any of Ortai's vodka on you? I just got a few more ideas for tonight, but we might be needing some tomorrow... and when I say 'we' I mean Isaac."


Dwarf Lightbringer

"Unfortunately, no. Haven't seen him since his exile, and all of his research and materials were confiscated." He says plainly. "If I ever run into him, I'll ask if he could get you some though." He half-heartedly chuckles.


Harbormaster

"Exiled?" Jaro raised an eyebrow, "I'd heard your kind were serious about their liquor but damn!"


Guildmaster: Cartwright's
Amhranai wrote:
"His inclusion into any discussions and the resultant bluster will have to be a burden all of us bear to avoid a potentially combative dining experience."

Movement and the sound of displeasure caught Angrem's attention as Luca Petronius assented to joining Sindariel at Lord Bonati's table. With a tip of his head, the white-haired elf remarked, "Off to a good start already..."


Baron: Whaling
Amhranai wrote:
"You're right, there is no harm in admiring; however, what Iole does is much more than admire. And if the rumors are true, the only contact he has with his wife has nothing to do with love. Curious, the amount of make up Melianna uses. And the way she cringes when she hears his voice."

"Curious indeed," Rinaldo nodded thoughtful, "pretty girl like that and still so demure. Why do you reckon that is, Angrem?"


Guildmaster: Cartwright's

The elf spared a momentary glance at the women beside him before suggesting, "I suspect their domestics could tell you."


Baroness: Livestock

"To be a fly on the wall," the Baroness murmured in reply.

Amhranai wrote:
Re: Alis

"Well, I should hope that at the very least she will prove more capable than our last ruler. As for worshipping Lyria?" She shifted uncomfortably. "The Abbey seems to be a respectable institution, but don't elves tend to focus on the more... sensual aspects of the Muse?"


Guildmaster: Cartwright's

"Hmm," Angrem's brow furrowed as he contemplated the matter. "Even amongst other deities Súmalya is complex. I would say that we elves share a more holistic relationship with the Queen of Hearts."


Baron: Whaling

Rinaldo raised an eyebrow at the assertion. "Holistic is it? How do you figure?"


Guildmaster: Cartwright's

"Merely an aspect of our longevity," he waved his hand dismissively, "forget I mentioned it."

"To answer your question," he smirked at Amhranai, "I think she's clever enough to know that she is herding cats."


Baron: Whaling

"Well the Princess is pretty as a peach, and sure knows how to sing, I'll give her that. As for cats," he chuckled and winked at Amhranai, "trick is not to handle them without a glove!"


Dwarf Lightbringer
Jaro Corvinus wrote:
"Exiled?" Jaro raised an eyebrow, "I'd heard your kind were serious about their liquor but damn!"

"Well, in his defense, his brews were the best. And it wasn't his liquor that got him exiled. I don't know the full story really, just that it wasn't exactly brew related." Darvesch clears his throat. "Anyway, let's change the subject." He looks around the room, "So, how long is this thing supposed to last?"


Harbormaster

"Ah," Jaro nodded in understanding before muttering, "thank you now," to a servant that had just set down a large platter. Cut meats, olives, crackers, grapes, and cheeses were heaped high, and before each of the guests were placed several shallow dishes containing seasoned oils, spiced pastes, and other condiments and dipping sauces.

At the dwarf's question, the harbormaster popped a stuffed olive into his mouth and shrugged. "Now that's going to depend on your cousin. I've seen Patricians drag these things out from 2 in the afternoon to 2 in the evening and later. Some place you need to be?"

As another servant set down more platters, one containing huge, stuffed mushrooms, another with steamed clams, he asked, "Now answer me this, how exactly does one become cousin to a princess, or any elf for that matter?"


Dwarf Lightbringer
Jaro Corvinus wrote:

"Now that's going to depend on your cousin. I've seen Patricians drag these things out from 2 in the afternoon to 2 in the evening and later. Some place you need to be?"

"Yeah, I have a date I don't want to be late for." He smirks. Quickly he finds a couple cuts of meat on his plate, and tops it with cheeses and olives, and seasons the plate with some oil.

Quote:


As another servant set down more platters, one containing huge, stuffed mushrooms, another with steamed clams, he asked, "Now answer me this, how exactly does one become cousin to a princess, or any elf for that matter?"

"Ah, well, he was sort of Alis and Alexis' god-father." The moment he finishes his sentence, he shovels the food into his mouth.


Harbormaster

Jaro raised an eyebrow. "He?"

The harbormaster looked to the Marshal, but it seemed clear that Isaac was no more in-the-know than he.


Dwarf Lightbringer

"Sorry. My father, Morgaard Hellhammer. He was their god-father." He shakes his head, as if to wake himself up, "I have distractions in my mind, sorry."


Even though the cloak Amhranai wore shielded her from the effects of the heat, her eyelids felt increasingly heavy and she could them feel sliding shut as a pleasant warmth suffused her body. Her chin descended to her chest, slowly, before the elf jolted upright in her seat. This is no time to fall asleep! Gah, I wish Alis would get on with it instead of making us sit here. This is worse than standing around in formation waiting for the order to move out. Eyes blinked rapidly as servants bearing food spread out amongst the exedra, much like the conversation spreading out around her.

Amhranai offered a sleepy, half-hearted smile to the whaling baron, raising her gloved hands. "I'm not handling cats, but I've found gloves to be an effective way to keep one's hands clean. Quite important when dealing with open wounds-can't go around getting people infected." Inclining her head towards the servant that had entered their exedra, she thanked him before lifting a glass of water to her mouth to drink. A moment later, as the scent of the food entered her nostrils, her stomach growled, a hollow, empty resonance.

Has it been that long since I last ate? The saliva that pooled in her mouth solidified the answer to that question if her discontented stomach hadn't a moment before. Hastily setting down her glass, Amhranai removed one of her gloves before lustily descending upon the food. A considerable amount of willpower held the elf back from cramming as much as she could into her mouth, settling instead on a piece of meat wrapped around some cheese first, followed by a few grapes and then more water. Her stomach sighed in relief.

"Herding cats indeed, Rochmir. Hopefully she's smart enough to not get entangled in their web of yarn or we'll have the same problems all over again."


Guildmaster: Viamaré Concern
Lureene Ourson wrote:
"Well, Lucio I suppose you could blame my Mother for these wings, although she always used to call me her angel" She wipes away a (fake) tear, "I miss her sometimes..." then her face brightens up, "Soooo, Lucio, can you tell me more of what the Concern handles, and what your duties are with them?"

Lucio's lower lip jutted and he nodded slightly at Lureene's explanation. "There, there," he said, patting her thigh with his large, meaty hand.

When she suddenly brightened up and asked about his business, his grip grew tighter even as he placed his other hand to his chest as if speaking with humility. "Well you see, the Viamaré Concern is a very vast and powerful organization. We have holdings throughout Elsemar. Where there's a deep water seaport, there's the Concern. We ensure that people the world over can buy and sell goods between distant lands. Why the number of ships we have in rotation at any time would put most navies to shame!"

The hand on Lureene's thigh growing warmer, he continued, "For my part, I am the head over all operations here in Dafar. You might think of me as a governor in my own right where trade is concerned! Naturally, that makes me a valuable ally to the right people."

Rolls:
Sense Motive DC 30
Elendreth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Lucio 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


By the gods, Elendreth was not exaggerating when she spelled out Gallo's finer qualities earlier...

As his hand travels up her silky thigh, she could not help but think, I believe we can add 'lecher' to that list. It seems I owe Elendreth a drink later...or does she owe ME a drink?\

"Well, that is certainly a much needed service you provide Dafar! I do look forward to talking with you later about this later. I hope we can build a good relationship for the future."

She puts on a glazed expression, as if his explanation was too complicated for her to follow. As she helps herself to some of the fine appetizers, including a stuffed mushroom, she takes her wine glass and holds it out for a refill, whil resisting the urge to 'accidentally' spill the contents on his shirt.

I really don't like where his hand is roaming...how to get it removed....ahhh I know...

"Excuse me, Gallo?" She hands the half filled goblet to him, even as she shifted her wing so it brushed against his left arm. "Could you be a dear and get this refilled for me?"

The idea here is to get him to use his left hand to grab her goblet, instead of it continuing its exploration, he he.

Rolls:
Diplomacy 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 1 = 33 attractive


Guildmaster: Viamaré Concern
Lureene wrote:
"Well, that is certainly a much needed service you provide Dafar! I do look forward to talking with you later about this later. I hope we can build a good relationship for the future."

"Mmm, yes," the trade baron's agreement sounded more like a grunt. "My villa is not far from here — due south, in fact, just next to the coliseum. We can speak in greater comfort there."

Lureene wrote:
"Excuse me, Gallo?" She handed the half filled goblet to him, even as she shifted her wing so it brushed against his left arm. "Could you be a dear and get this refilled for me?"

The man scratched his chin for a moment, clearly enjoying the attention he was receiving from the exotic beauty. The fact that she now called upon him for aid only sweetening the moment. Taking Lureene's glass in his right hand, his left finally abandoned her thigh as grasped her fingers to place a slobbery kiss upon the inside of her wrist, wiggling an eyebrow suggestively as he did so.

Even as others in Lureene and Alis' exedras cringed, the overly 'husky' man shifted the goblet to his left hand and looked out into the grand dining room, snapping his fingers at a servant and calling out loudly, "Oy, girl! The Princess' retainer needs more wine! Is this how you treat your betters?"


Lureene steadfastly maintains her smile even though she was inwardly repulsed by his behavior, not only to her but also to the servants. She may now be a member of royalty due to her position as retainer to Princess Alis, but she had vowed never to let that position go to her ego.

I have many other temptations to concern myself with...I cannot allow hubris to cloud my self-control here.

As she accepts the refilled goblet from Lucio, she returns his smile, albeit a little forced this time. Taking a larger gulp than she anticipated she resolved to pace herself, knowing her susceptibility to alcohol. She reluctantly sets the glass down while glancing over to Alis' exedra with an almost wistful look.

I hope 'Lis appreciates what I am doing here...AND I hope they don't need to scrape me off the floor at the end of the day although I suspect Mister Gallo would be MORE than happy to arrange that!


Alis needed neither the eyebrow Naiobe raised at Lord Gallo nor the glare Eladwen gave him to feel sorry for Lureene.

Poor El, this just really isn't her day. At least she's keeping things interesting though. The Master Architect's reaction was worth noting as was Naiobe's. Just don't go burning any bridges here...

In a voice just loud enough for other tables to hear, Alis commented, "In Ilmarond proper, it is deemed poor manners for one noble to chastise the household servants of another. It bespeaks a certain... lack of respect for the master or mistress of that household." Feigning disinterest, she continued with a wave of her hand, "Nevermind the indignity of an aristocrat usurping the duties of a major domo."

Rolls:
Bluff Checks
A 1d20 + 25 - 10 ⇒ (3) + 25 - 10 = 18 obvious

Sense Motive Checks:
M 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
D 1d20 + 20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 20 + 5 = 26 familiarity
I 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
L 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 5 = 22 familiarity
S 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 2 human


Although Isaac was seeming lost in thought, Sasha was somewhat perplexed at the chorus of quiet snickers from around the room. Even as Lord Gallo grew beet red and the serving girl did her best not to smirk, she looked to Gelik, brow furrowed as she sought the answer to what was so funny.

In an insistent whisper, she commented, "I don't get it."


LK Calendar: Uniens 22, 4210 — Rosday
Time: 2:00md (afternoon, 2:00pm)

Nearly an hour had passed since the luncheon feast had begun. While musicians and performers had entertained the guests, the estate's domestic staff cleared away the starter course. At each guest's place a small intermediate dish was set — a candied blossom made from a mixture of shaved ginger and lemon rind with mint leaves for sepals and a garnish of parsley. It was clearly intended as much for its presentation as to clear the palate and set one's mouth a-water for the main course.

When the chamber orchestra had finished their current piece, the Princess rose and a hush fell over the great hall as all others followed suit.

"My Lords and Ladies," she began, "certain troubling rumors regarding Dafar have reached my ears time and again from many parties whom I am certain have had no contact with one another. Some might be content to wave such rumors off as mere coincidence, but then," Alis placed a hand to her side, "most in this chamber have not have the point driven home at the hands of a desperate radical."

"I am speaking, of course, of slavery."

A silence as thick and heavy as the jungle air blanketed the chamber, blue-violet eyes sweeping the room. "Dafar is not a colony of Ilmarond but rather a protectorate. It would be a great insult to King Aramandil's honor if his nobles gave even the appearance of engaging in inequitable relations with those he has pledged to protect. Make no mistake, as surely as outright slavery can result in the forfeiture of land and titles, unfair labor and lending practices are no less a form of enslavement."

"Therefore," Alis raised her chin, hands clasped before her, expression placid, "as leaders of society and industry here in our capital, I would urge each of you to relate these sentiments to those with whom you conduct business. After all, if we are to be good neighbors to Dafar's indigenous people, then we should first be good neighbors to one another. Wouldn't you agree?"


Dwarf Lightbringer

He mutters to himself, "Lest they wish to invite an inquisition from the Lightbringers," and chuckles silently.

Darvesch stands with drink high in the air, "Agreed, your Highness! What better business than freedom and fair wages?" he says loudly with a smile, making note of each and every nobles reaction, as he drinks his wine.

GM:

Any chance I could actually get the reaction of each noble in the house tonight? =)


While Lureene is starting to feel the effects of the strong elvish wine being served to her, Alis' words helped to bring her back to reality.

Slavery? Yes I do remember her talking about that with Isaac prior to our arrival here in Port Eldarion. I certainly believe the Marshall, if he says there is slavery in the city, then there is slavery here...but WHO is using slaves here?

She resists the urge to glance behind her at the exedra where the Baron Iole and his wife are sitting, instead turning her gaze to her 'companion' sitting next to her, the look in her sultry eyes ernest.

"Slavery? How awful!"

Mayhap this Gallo fellow is just guilty of being a boor, but he may know of others who are not so innocent...if he thinks me interested in him, he may let his gusrd down...

Rolls:
Bluff 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 20 + 1 + 1 = 25 attractive, lying


Young Noble

From where he had stepped forth, Darvesch had a clear view of most everyone in the great hall save for Amhranai, Baroness Mondracus, and all those seated with Lureene save Sasha (who looked like she perhaps had some questions for later).

Around the Princess, the other ladies seemed well-pleased, smiling and nodding in agreement. For his part, the 'scribe' Arion stood stoically by, writing in his journal. Beside him, the young noble Poe looked about as if uncertain what to think before proceeding to clap quietly as if to a acknowledge a fine performance. "Braaavooo, your Highness. Bravo..."


Baron: Whaling

"Haha!" The whaling baron followed suit and put his hands together in great earnest. Nodding to the dwarf, he said, "Hard not to admire a lady with a fiery spirit!"


Guildmaster: Cartwright's

"Spirited indeed," the master wainwright remarked, tinking his own glass against the one Carlina herself had raised.


Harbormaster

"Doesn't phase me," the harbormaster said quietly to Isaac, joining in with a shrug of his shoulders, "I pay for whether a job gets done or not. Couldn't care less if I had trolls for stevedores... long as they follow orders."


Guildmaster: Builders

Turning at Jaro's commentary, Darvesch stole a glance at the easternmost exedra, curious to note their reactions. The elven woman, Sindariel was clapping her hands politely, face impassive as she observed the reactions of others. Beside her, Melianna looked towards her husband, seemingly seeking his attention, but Iole merely gave an irritated flick of his hand as if shooing a fly. Upon noticing the dwarf, Iole forced a smile and raised his nigh empty wine-glass.

Lastly, the wizened head of the builders merely nodded his head slowly, hands resting atop his ceramic walking stick. "Arch or lintel," he murmured just loud enough for those near him to hear, "I wonder..."

Engineering + Sense Motive DC 30 (Darv, Isaac):
It occurred to dwarf and Marshal alike that Luca was wondering whether the Princess would be willing and able to build a lasting support, or if her solution was to provide a quick fix that would weaken under great strain.

Rolls:
K: Engineering
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Sense Motive Checks:
D 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30
I 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 = 21


Guildmaster: Viamaré Concern
Lureene wrote:
"Slavery? How awful!"

The Director of Gulf Coast Ventures turned to the sensual goddess beside him, lower lip a-quiver as sweat beaded on his forehead beneath her gaze. "Y– yes! Terrible business indeed, my great beauty! But never fear, a well-connected and prosperous man such as myself would never debase his clientele by getting his hands dirty with such business!"

Rolls:
SM on Lureene 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Bluff 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Sense Motive Checks:
L 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 alertness
S 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 = 17 human

9,201 to 9,250 of 11,113 << first < prev | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.