Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle

Game Master Laithoron

[ Links: Matrix | ToC | Wiki ]


8,301 to 8,350 of 11,113 << first < prev | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | next > last >>

Top-side, Alis stepped out onto the balcony overlooking the main deck just as Sasha strode out from the hallway on the level below her scratching her head and yawning. Clasping her rapier about he waist, she called out, "Sash', are Lureene and the others up?"

The sound of the door behind her opening revealed Lilyana and Isaac, but not Darvesch.


"Oh, hey Lissi!" The redhead turned and waved, scowl melting away when she saw the three good-looking half-elves above her. "Ooh, lookin' good! Oh yeah, looks like Ellie's up at the front of the boat with the Captain. Darv, Gel, and Tearylord are with her too. I don't see Ieana or 'Rys though."


"I'm pilotin' the ship, Sash'," came the familiar voice of Aerys from the poop deck above where Alis was standing. With a nod to the Princess and her noble-born friends, she said, "We caught up to the other ships just as the sun was risin', but before we could go enterin' the harbor, a big trebuchet went and fired on Cap'n Fingel's lead ship. She's not sunk or anything, but I wouldn't exactly go callin' the Harrier seaworthy right now either."


"Arrowhead?" Lilyana says incredulously looking up at her brother. "Why would the naval base fire on one of our own ships, brother?"

Even as the taller warrior shakes his head, the three make their way down to the deck, quickly joining up with everyone else near the prow.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

MAP: Port Eldarion

Before the tiny fleet, occupying a small, forested island, and the peninsula that comprised the last bend in the Daifiri River lay Port Eldarion, the capital city of Dafar, and the last deep-water harbor south of Light's End.

Approaching from the southwest, a tall ridge of rock topped by some sort of shrine divided the skyline. To the south of it sprawled a small fishing village dominated by a large estate with fields where horses and cattle could be seen grazing. Beyond that very estate, taller trees arose with a multitude of shacks and tenements clustered in the clearings between them.

The view to the north of the pinnacle, however, was far more impressive. A vast copper-roofed palace, its tall walls and columns constructed of white marble, dominated the vista. It appeared to be chiefly 3 buildings — two long, identical wings that ran parallel to a shorter, wider central hall atop which was set a towering dome capped by a statue-topped cupola. While the north wing appeared to have been damaged by fire, it appeared that the rest of the structure was still whole.

To the east of the palace stretched a nearly mile-long green bordered by villas, buildings, and monuments that would each be considered masterful works of architecture and sculpture in their own right. Furthest to the east along this central green stood another grand marble hall equal in size to the palace yet arranged in the cruciform style common to the pantheons of Malatesta.

Just south of the palace, a long stone bridge spanned the river from the east shore to a tiny islet mid-stream. At its center, there were no arched supports but rather a pair of cantilevered iron bascules were raised flush against barbicans to permit the passage of tall-masted ships. The tiny, teardrop-shaped islet, which was in turn bridged to the larger forested island west of it, was ringed in flowering trees and bore at its center tall, elegant bronze statues of the three queens of the Valar, Silenya, Corollairë, and Cainrelée.

Across a shorter bridge to the west of it, a mile and a half long island occupied the river mouth, the whole of it covered in trees with the earthy-colored rooftops popular in many elvish settlements visible thru gaps in the foliage.

Still further west, two long bridges of elvish design spanned the gap from the main island to another islet and finally to a barbican on the north shore of the river, beyond which a small village stood against the backdrop of farmland and the distant jungle.

Yet the region of the city that now concerned you most was what lay beyond the light house and and the harbor wall. Due north of the rocky pinnacle that formed the harbor's southern boundary, on an islet shaped like an arrowhead stood a tall citadel. Atop that mighty tower, a huge trebuchet was pivoting to face some piers that were just coming into view from behind the rocky outcropping. Beyond it, on the harbor's eastern shore, you could see at least one badly damaged ship floating perilously close to docks that were partially destroyed and on fire!

As you watched, the Zephrys' advance slowing, the trebuchet stopped, hesitating only a moment before its counterweight dropped and its mighty arm slung forward to cast a burning meteor the size of a carriage at the southern docks!


"What in the blue blazes..." For a few seconds, Captain Namrath's murmur was the only sound to break the silence even as flame washed over the structure and a cloud of black smoke curled into the morning air. Only then did the booming retort of the explosion reach you.

Darvesch:
From what you know about siege weapons, those docks should have been outside the range of a normal trebuchet. There is little doubt in your mind that either the siege weapon, its ammunition, or both are enchanted.

Rolls:
K: Engineering
D 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 AA from Aerys
A 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Spellcraft DC 18
D 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


However, what ever madness you were witnessing was apparently not about to end. With a sinking feeling, you could see the wheels alongside the trebuchet begin to turn as it reloaded and pivoted counter-clockwise, stopping at approximately the two o'clock position.

"Ummm... Isaac," Lily asked anxiously, "isn't it aimed right at your office?"


Yet as the weapon swiftly completed its turn, the color drained from the Marshal's face as he realized it was angled too far to the west to strike the headquarters of the city guard.

"No Lily, they're going to destroy–" Once more the counterweight dropped, only this time it hurled what appeared to me a massive weight designed to shatter masonry. For several tense heartbeats, you and those in the city who were just starting their day watched in horror as the projectile streaked towards "–the jail!"

And in the next moment, a cloud of dust and debris was raised into the air as the Port Eldarion Penitentiary was breached!


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Even though it had been a long night treating those injured in the attack on the Academy of Starsha, Amhranai was neither so tired nor so disaffected for the sounds of explosions near the waterfront to be lost on her. The bulk of the work yet to be done on the campus would have to fall to the city guard — the rebel O'beilumanji, his consort, and followers had dispersed into the streets and sewers following their attack, but there were still students and teachers who were unaccounted for among either the living or the dead.

Had the cur somehow launched another attack uncontested?

The lithe elvish healer did not often willingly venture into the city proper, but she was no stranger to its streets. For all their faults, Malatestans at least knew how to lay out streets and roads in a consistent and logical fashion.

The woman raced around the Colosseum, dodging and weaving between confused citizens as she continued down Trade Street and into New Viamaré. To the south, she could see a black plume of smoke rising into the air from the Gulf Coast Whaling Company. As she crossed the open expanse of the market, tents lying on the ground as merchants gawked and pointed towards Arrowhead Citadel, the downward slope of the city towards the river allowed her to spy something.

Several warships flying the colors of Ilmarond and a single massive galleon flying those of Aramol were approaching the harbor. In their midst appeared to be a captured Freebooter brigantine as well as a slave galley matching the description of the one that had escaped with Marshal Hlokenar presumably on board.

Yet Amhranai had precious little time to let her thoughts linger on the matter before the shouts and cries of those around her snapped her attention back to the present. Just in time, she looked up to see a massive missile hurtle across the harbor. Heart constricting in her chest, she and everyone else on the street winced as it smashed a building only a few blocks away with earth-shaking force. Even as people screamed and rushed past her, even though a billowing cloud of dust partially obscured it, she could tell by the ominous, jagged gap at the end of the street what the target was...

O'beilumanji had just broken the walls of the jail building!


Dwarf Lightbringer

"Damnit! There's no way that attack wasn't aided by magic! That shouldn't have been able to reach that distance! Who would do such a thing? What in the Nine Hells is going on?" Darvesch exclaims with anger and excitement.


"Iscandu fend!"

The words flew from her mouth almost reflexively, closely followed by: "Flying boulders, explosions, screams...where have I seen this before?"

Memories, as vivid as the tableau before her, drew Amhranai's mind away from the bubbling cauldron of humanity in the streets, broken at last by a burning sensation. Her hand, she realized a moment later, grasped the medallion at her neck tightly and one of its sharp edges had dug into the grey flesh of her hand. With a sigh, Amhranai released it and turned to the man behind her.

"Karaka, tell everyone to stay in their homes. Gather your warriors and those healthy enough to wield weapons and be ready to defend yourselves. If Iscandu is feeling gracious, the prisoners will pass you by, but there are some things that are even out of His control." The Dafiri warrior nodded and began to bark out orders to those following them.

Amhranai took a step towards Karaka and grasped his arm. A tight smile stole across her face as she looked up at him, hazel eyes meeting his brown. "I make for the Citadel, friend. If you're able, any assistance you can lend to the City Guards would probably go a long way in helping our cause." She raised a hand to forestall the complaint she saw in the set of his jaw and the fire that suddenly came to life in his eyes. Voice harsher now, she continued "Listen and do as I ask! You know I would not ask it if I thought it would hurt us. Besides, the sooner the prisoners are rounded up, the better off we'll all be. Iscandu's Mists keep you safe."

Before he could speak, Amhranai turned about and continued towards the bay. The press of bodies would make for a difficult crossing, but she hoped that as she drew closer to the Citadel, their numbers would dwindle. If not, she had a few tricks up her sleeve. Checking her weapons, Amhranai pulled the gloves tucked into her belt once assured of their presence. This should be fun...


Lureene grips her staff reflexively as the noise of the explosion washes over the ship. As she scans the harbor looking for any other signs of trouble, Darvesch's words bring an unwelcome realization.

Are other mages like Ozyrankhus aiding the rebels here? It would appear so. How many people have thrown in against Ilmarond?

"You are right, Darv!" she exclaims, "It sounds like some rebels have taken control of that citadel, and whoever it is probably aided by a mage! In any event, we HAVE to get to that island and stop whoever is controlling it, else he will turn Port Eldarion into a smoking hellhole!"

She glances at Alis flexing her wings meaningfully, "Should we send a strike force to approach the island under cover of spells and stop whoever is up there?"


"I can tell you this," Namrath offered, "even if that's the limit of their range, it is still beyond the reach of our guns. We'd have to sail straight thru the chokepoint at the entrance to the harbor and at the speed with which they are able to reload and and change targets–"


"We'd be sitting ducks." Alis says. "Just as well. Even if this isn't the reception I had hoped for, I'd rather not go destroying my city's own defenses if we can help it."

She turns to Tyralor and says, "I have the feeling we will need all the advantages we can muster once the Freebooters discover what happened at Reaver's Shiv."


"A strike-force it is then," Tyralor said simply.

"Eilon, old friend, shelter the ship in the blindspot behind that crag and send ashore a detachment to provide what relief we might offer to those who have need of it."

With eyes closed, the prince stretched one hand towards Heaven a spoke a phrase in the language of the realm divine. In an instant, his radiant armor materialized, girding him from head to heel in flame-licked splendor. Head bowed, he drew his mighty blade, Atharos, and knelt before the Princess. His lips brushed the crossguard once as he held it aloft in his palms to her.

"Fair and fearless Alissariel, queen of my heart," his amber eyes, now aglow like pools of molten gold now rose to meet the violet flame of Alis' eyes, "I pledge to your noble cause sword, bone, flesh, and blood, and the heart that pumps it."


Fighting down the feeling that she might swoon, she placed one hand atop his and said quite clearly, "And a great heart it is..."

Drawing her own blade, she hopped lightly up onto the bowsprit so that all could see and hear her. "My allies, my friends, I thank you all for the courage your have show me, the blood you have spilled on behalf of my cause — to deliver a nation brought low by fear. You have already sacrificed so much for my sake that I cannot ask more. Yet anyone who would be a hero and follow a princess... follow me!"

Spellcraft DC 18 (Darv, Isaac, Lureene, Tyralor:
Even as the hearts and spirits of those who can hear her surge with strength, you can tell that there is magic and power in the Princess' voice. Alis cast Good Hope.

Rolls:
Spellcraft DC 18
D 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
I 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
L 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
T 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

G 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
L 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

  • Good Hope: +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.[/b]

  • A hp: 41 = 41/41
  • k: 20 = 20/20
  • M hp: 62 = 62/62 (AMhranai)
  • D hp: 85 = 85/85
  • I hp: 66 = 66/66
  • L hp: 55 = 55/55
  • g: 41 = 41/41
  • T hp: 65 = 65/65

  • S hp: 62 = 62/62


As all of you begin girding yourselves with whatever magical protections you require (flight spells from Ieana, invisibility spells from Gelik, etc.), Darvesch feels a tug on his weapon arm as he adjusts the straps on his shield. Turning to see what it is, he finds Greasha standing at his side dressed in cuirboilli, and tying a strip of blue cloth around his bicep — it that matches the dress she wore last night.

"Come back with your shield or on it, Darvesch."

She then offers him a tankard of pale liquid that seems to glow with an inner light.

NOTE: Please list whatever spells you intend to buff yourselves with. Right now, everyone is a little more than half a mile from Arrowhead Island (Gold #7 on the city map). Moving at top speed, it will take about 20-30 rounds (2-3 minutes) to reach that spot, so long-duration buffs will be best.


Lureene prepares for the upcoming mission by first moving to a spot where she cannot be observed by the others on Arrowhead Island and proceeds to summon her faithful companion and friend Grak. She then starts casting several spells on herself, relying on Gelik and Ieana to fortify her companions.

Lureene will cast Mage Armor, Blur, Shield, and Invisibility on herself (in that order). She will also limit the pyrotechnic display with Grak's appearance so as to avoid drawing attention to the Zephyrs.


Dwarf Lightbringer

Darvesch quaffs the tankard of liquid before readying his armor, shield, and ax. Looking to Greasha "Help me with my armor." He's not trying to say it in a jerk way here. It's more of an affirmation that he heard what she said, and quietly agrees. Also, he's trying to don his armor hastily. After his armor has been secured, he looks at Greasha with the fires of passion behind his eyes, and runs to help his friends. This should take up nearly the entire time allotted before they are at their destination.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Alis: Casts resist energy: fire, see invisibility, ventriloquism, and expeditious retreat on herself, she casts resist energy: fire on Darvesch.

Darv: Gains 10 temp hp from Greasha's draught.

Gelik: Casts invisibility on Alis, Darvesch, Isaac, Tyralor, and Sasha.

Ieana: Casts mage armor on Alis, and fly on Alis, Darvesch, Isaac, and Sasha anyone who needs it.

Lureene: Mage Armor, Blur, Shield, and Invisibility on herself, and summons Grak below-deck using the normal ritual as opposed to his fast release.

Tyralor: Casts shield other on Alis, and shield of faith on Alis and himself.

  • Good Hope: +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls. (r111)

  • A hp: 41 = 41/41
    (mage armor 0et, shield other 3md, resist fire 20 4db, see invisibility 4db, ventriloquism r114, expeditious retreat r115, fly r103, eagle's spelndor r76, shield of faith r74, invisibility r62)
  • k: 20 = 20/20
  • M hp: 62 = 62/62
  • D hp: 85 = 85/95 (85)
    (resist fire 20 4db, fly r104, invisibility r63)
  • I hp: 66 = 66/66
    (fly r105, invisibility r64)
  • L hp: 55 = 55/55
    (mage armor 4md, blur r73, shield r74, invisibility r75)
  • g: 41 = 41/41
  • T hp: 65 = 65/65
    (resist shock 20 3md, shield other: Alis 3md, 1 negative level 3md, eagle's splendor r75, shield of faith r73, invisibility r65)

  • S hp: 62 = 62/62
    (fly r106, invisibility r66)


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

With their spellcasting complete, the Princess and her invisible retinue flew from the deck of the Zephrys even as the small fleet turned hard to port, seeking shelter behind pinnacle rock. Within the waterfront district, New Viamaré, Amhranai flited thru the streets past fleeing citizens and the loosed convicts hoping to meld into their ranks. Behind her, she heard the solid *clank* of Karaka's shield blasting a miscreant off his feet and the thud of an unconscious body hitting the cobblestones.

As they all drew closer to Arrowhead Island, the citadel drew into better focus. It was a monstrously powerful structure.

Like the lighthouse on Reaver's Shiv, it was built to be inhabited by giants. Yet unlike that structure, this was built to withstand a full-out siege by dragons. The whole of the structure was composed of cyclopean blocks of stone, each one twice the height of a man. Its foundation, a great square with the corners trimmed off, rose a full 40-feet above the rest of Arrowhead to form a steep plinth. Atop this, the citadel began as an octagonal structure encircled on every other side by semicircular towers. A third of the way up, the rounded towers terminated in broad battlements, each sporting a huge, swivel-mounted ballista. Higher still, the citadel rose in a octagonal profile for another 150 feet, whereupon a second battlement ringed the raised platform on which was perched the colossal trebuchet.

All along the battlements marched humanoid figures clad in the livery of Ilmarond yet moving with a gait too unnatural for any human or elf.

Art: Arrowhead Citadel
Scale: The tiny figure on the eastern side is the same height as Alis.


As the flew, Alis glanced behind to take stock of who was with her.

El, Darv, Tyr, Sash, Isaac, Ieana, Grak. Wait, why is he–

"El? You know that Grak is still visible, right? Did you have something in mi–"


"Fooools, hear me nooow!" Before Alis could finish her question, a loud voice with a heavy Zuck accent boomed out across the harbor.

"Aaall da haarboor belongs to O'bei-lu-MAN-ji now! Jou don' know who dat is? No? Noooo, why should jooou care? Jou who sit by and grow fat while uthas slaaave awaaay in jour fieeelds? Fields jou stooole from da Obanohi wit da help o' dem Dafari dogs jou keep?"


"Ye gods," Ieana said with distaste, "he sounds like a dumb brute! His enunciation is ter–"


"Oooh, but meeebbe jou just dunno nuthin' bout it? Mebbe jou can no see dat far? Not to Freehold? Mebbe O'beilumanji not talk so good, mebbe better if O'beilumanji makes jou listen hard!"


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Suddenly the shrill voice of a young woman could be heard amplified just as the terrorist's voice was. "Please! Gods, no! My parents, they'll pay you whatever you want! AAAH–"


Even as her screaming continued, you could see the trebuchet turn counter-clockwise to face a large castle on the southern shore of the large island. All the while O'beilumanji continued to address you. "See? Money. Dat seems like it be all jou's unnastand. Ting is, O'beilumanji dun care bout jour money or nobody else money."

And in the next moment the counterweight of the trebuchet dropped once more, flinging a boulder in a high arc straight for the keep. All around the harbor, you could hear a scream of horror go up.

Rolls:
Perception Checks
A 1d20 + 15 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 3 = 26 alertness
k 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
D 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
I 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
L 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 3 = 13 alertness
g 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38
T 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

S 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Even as your eyes strained to make out what you were seeing, Grak's lisping voice removed all doubt. "Missstressss, why isss there a girl ssstraped to the ssstone?"

Before you could even think to answer, the massive missile struck home, caving in the keep's east tower and sending stone and blood raining to the ground!


"Terd Bell!" The villain's voice boomed out once more even as the trebuchet reset. "By terd bell, jou give O'beilumanji all dems elves in da palace who let da slavin' go on Freetown or another of deese rich man's kids end up like dat one!"

"Oh an don' jou sneaky elves be tinkin' jou's outsmaatin' O'beilumanji neider. O'beilumanji got witch of his own, make jour blood boil an bones leave jous behind! Make deese kids last hour be like daaays! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahaaaa..."


"Terd Bell!" The villain's voice boomed out once more even as the trebuchet reset. "By terd bell, jou give O'beilumanji all dems elves in da palace who let da slavin' go on Freetown or another of deese rich man's kids end up like dat one!"

"Oh an don' jou sneaky elves be tinkin' jou's outsmaatin' O'beilumanji neider. O'beilumanji got witch of his own, make jour blood boil an bones leave jous behind! Make deese kids last hour be like daaays! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahaaaa..."


Dwarf Lightbringer

"So.. What do we know about O'beilumanji and his witch?" Darvesch asks the group quietly.


Although you cannot see her turn to ask, Alis says, "The reports I received before we embarked made no mention of the man, Frændi. Isaac, do you have any idea who we're dealing with?"


The scrapes, bruises, torn clothing and burning lungs told the story of Amhranai's frenzied flight through the city. Casting a look backwards, a wry smile spread across her face. Just like I remembered. Memories threatened to consume Amhranai once again but she shook her head to clear them, wisps of ringleted black hair moving back and forth. The bay beckoned before her, familiar but always mysterious; what roiled beneath the surface usually didn't show itself until it was too late.

As her breath returned, the elf knelt, removed a glove and dipped her hand in the water. The other hand grasped the medallion at her throat and her lips began to move, soundlessly forming words.

Amhranai casts Water Walk

Straightening, Amhranai took a step out onto the water and hastily ducked beneath a wooden pier. "Iscandu, hide me from sight, so that I might help where it is needed most."

Amhranai casts Invisibility

Moving out from beneath the pier, Amhranai set out across the bay towards the looming citadel perched atop the islet. Her now green eyes kept moving, not nervously, but sharply observing. To the south, the ruined whaling company warehouse sagged into the harbor, debris littering the water in a wide swath. Sailors scrambled in the riggings of boats still docked but whether they were attempting to cast off or flee into the relative safety of the city, she was unable to determine.

A loud voice broke Amhranai from her observations, a voice she knew too well. O'beilumanji, you fool! You will be the death of those you think you help! Eyes trained on the citadel, Amhranai breathed a prayer to Iscandu as she heard the girl scream, tracking the flight of the boulder all the while. You are too dangerous to be left alive, O'beilumanji, and your actions this day leave me with no choice. I will break your soul so that it may never pass beyond for what you have done!

Shifting her gaze down, Amhranai resumed her trek to the islet, willing herself to move faster than before, her lips a tight, thin slash.


As Amhranai began making her way across the harbor, invisible to all, Isaac endeavored to answer his new employer. "The Obanohi were another Zuck tribe living further north along the Obanohu River and it's tributaries. They used to be the Dafari's biggest rivals..."


"Used to be?"

From the corner of her eye, the Princess spotted something, a lone figure, dressed in dark tones racing across the water on foot.

Hmm? What's this then?

Rolls:
Perception Checks
A 1d20 + 15 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 3 = 30 alertness


"The balance of power in the region was tipped against them when the first settlers from Quelaerilea arrived. It was in their best interest to befriend the locals, the Dafari, and Lord Eldarion did so by providing them with elvish arms and enchantments. The Dafari had little trouble dominating their former adversaries after that point."


"Ironic — what gets left off the record is usually what you need to know."

Back turned, watching the lone figure approach, she noted a period of protracted silence from the Marshal. "I take it you don't know what this O'beilumanji is going on about or who he is? I did read that left to their own devices, warring Zuck tribes will subjugate other tribes rather than wiping them out completely. Not that it would excuse his crimes, but is there any truth to this madman's claims?"


"Slavery? In Dafar?" Isaac seemed practically offened. "No ma'am, nothing more than rumors! The only thing I can even imagine would be the practice of forcing criminals to perform manual labor to pay off their debts to society but that would be an exceptional stretch to imply an injustice there!"


Dwarf Lightbringer

"If there is even just a rumor, you can be sure I'll get to the bottom of it." Darvesch quickly adds. "Had he not been a stark raving murderer, I probably would have entertained the idea of a diplomatic way out of this."


"Agreed, Darv, and thank you Major. I don't intend any insult, but Lady Ourson and I encountered an informant who claimed to have been a crew member aboard a slaver some years ago. He said they were operating out of Freetown."

Even though none can see it, she waves a hand in the air dismissively. "Of course, he was also stark-raving mad, but the saw-edged sabre he'd salvaged from the wreck of their ship was real enough. I believe you're familiar with the sort?"

Bluff DC 27 (Alis, Darvesch, Tyralor):
You get the impression that Isaac believes he is telling the truth, although Alis' words and the reality of what's happening has certainly made him doubt if what he's been led to believe is true or not.[/url]

[spoiler="Rolls"]Bluff Checks
I 1d20 + 8 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 5 = 27 invisible

Sense Motive Checks:
A 1d20 + 23 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 23 + 3 + 5 = 37 alertness, see invisibility
D 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38
I 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
L 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 = 23 alertness
T 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

S 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 = 22 human


"I agree with Darv here." Lureene chimes in, her voice shaking in fury, "As far as I am concerned, he is guilty in my eyes and only his sentence needs to be carried out!"


Features soured by this revelation (even he hoped it to be a red herring), the Major simply replied, "It certainly sounds like an investigation is at least merited then. As for this... murderer I have no idea who he is. Until recently, my duties were concerned only with Rivermarch and Port Eldarion itself. I haven't visited Freehold in years."

"However, this is my home that he's destroying and I have no qualms about serving his execution in combat."


"Well clearly he had no intention of being taken prisoner when he targeted the penitentiary. I– Hold on a moment... is someone running out to that naval base from the piers?"

The rest of you look down towards the harbor, but if there's someone there you can't see them.

Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 13


At least I'm not the only one who can see the unseen.

"It certainly looks that way to me. If they're an ally, I'd like to hear their plan."


"Ooh, he could be a bad guy too," Sasha offers. "You know, Lissi, a good way to find out where a momma is hiding her cubs is to trail her. Think we should follow her? Er... him?"


"At the very least, we should ascertain this person's intent."


"I'm inclined to agree. If this O'beilumanji sticks to his timetable and no one spooks him *ahem* Grak, then we should have time enough to be careful and perhaps get the drop on them. Well, provided his witch is too preoccupied to keep watch with an invisibility foil anyway..."

"Major, what do you know about Arrowhead's defenses — arcane or otherwise?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Lureene clears her throat. "Ummm...'Lis, when is the third bell O'beilumanji..." she fairly spits the name out, "referring to? I still have trouble with the timekeeping practices."


You hear a sound as if of a palm striking a forehead. "Sorry, I forget sometimes that you're... not from 'around here'. Third bell is when the sun is halfway between daybreak and midday. We have the better part of an hour, El."


Lureene gives her friend a smile of appreciation, "Thanks 'Lis. I know we don't have much time, but we should see who else has taken an interest in this crisis."

8,301 to 8,350 of 11,113 << first < prev | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.