Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle

Game Master Laithoron

[ Links: Matrix | ToC | Wiki ]


451 to 500 of 11,113 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Countess Corrina seems none-too-pleased by this news either. "While crossing Ortalok is safe enough, if the Trull really are pushing southward, then I will need to see to Caen Carrinac's defenses. If you will excuse me, I need to confer with my agents to verify that we have such a movement on our hands. If we do, then Alis, I would advise you to seek passage thru Elsmyr Dale with the Golden Drakes. While that might not leave you with enough time to return home, at least arriving in Malatesta will place you closer to your ultimate destination."


"I like the way you think, Priyya Darkmane! If this is our direction, then we should begin gearing up." Mal is happy to work through mounts and provisions with the crew, and will offer to do the lion's share of the prep-work and purchasing. You'er surprised by how few needs he actually has, preferring to travel very light. He is, however, aware that others do not share his views on trail life.

Laith, do we need to come up with a provisions list and go through purchasing? I'm fine doing it or hand-waving it. Like I said, we should pick up usual traveling and sleeping gear, but I'm assuming a road this well-traveled will have many stops along the way for weary travelers. Let me know either way.

As the preparations begin to come together, you can see a definite eagerness in Mal's eyes, the open road and open air calling to him.


Sense Motive on Lureene 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Lureene and Priyya's words don't seem particularly reassuring to Alis, but she shrugs her shoulders and says, "Well, one way or another I guess we'll just have to trust in their abilities. As for Sawng's Way, Auntie do you really think that's necessary? Not that I particularly enjoy walking underneath mountains but... don't you have a few warships you could spare or something maybe?"


Hmmm.. didn't realize it was underground.


Lureene looks over to the others and noticing Alis mood, takes Alis’s hand in her own. ”I am sure they can handle themselves, I mean Alexis is as talented as you are, Alis!” She gives a tinkling laugh, ”If anyone tangles with them, they won’t know what hit them!”

Her mood turns serious when Mal brings up the underground journey. ”Well, I would like to travel as light as possible, but if we are underground, it would be hard to forage for food and water right?”


"Water is not an issue. I have some ability for creating it. Food is what we will need to prepare for."

Would Mal have traveled the underground mountain before? And is there any actual hunting ot be had there? I mean, i realize there wont' be deer, but is there any "wildlife" down there worth eating? I hvae no ranks in dungeoneering, so i won't even bother rolling anything.


"Even food is not too much of a concern, there are spells for taking care of that need... but I'd prefer to keep more beneficial spells in my head."


Malandraenas wrote:
Hmmm.. didn't realize it was underground.

Didn't realize what was underground? Alis is whining that she'd rather walk under some mountains (i.e. the dwarf road thru Ortalok) rather than take the long way along Sawng's Way. Did my wiki links not work? :(

Lureene Ourson wrote:
”Well, I would like to travel as light as possible, but if we are underground, it would be hard to forage for food and water right?”

Sense Motive on Lureene 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Alis gives Lureene an odd look as if trying to figure out whether or not she's joking. "Well, I know that dwarves aren't particularly renowned for their culinary skills but men and elves travel thru there all the time and there are taverns along the way. It's mostly just a matter of that taking only a week or so if we can fight our way past some raiders that may or may not be there versus taking a long carriage ride thru the countryside."


Oh, my bad. I thoguht you were saying that Sawng's Way was underground. Sorry. Whew.. that makes things much easier.


"Alis, dear," Corrina chimes in, "what you are forgetting is that you still must sail south again even if you return to Ilmarond. In fact you would actually be closer to Trull. As for 'sparing a few warships', the entire navy isn't on standby full-time. A force capable of breaking a blockade would take some time to assemble and the few ships that are prepared will be needed here to defend our harbors and patrol river mouths."


Captain Wardove, aka Alis wrote:
Alis gives Lureene an odd look as if trying to figure out whether or not she's joking. "Well, I know that dwarves aren't particularly renowned for their culinary skills but men and elves travel thru there all the time and there are taverns along the way. It's mostly just a matter of that taking only a week or so if we can fight our way past some raiders that may or may not be there versus taking a long carriage ride thru the countryside."

Lureene gives the other woman a chuckle, "Oh, Alis, I was just kidding! I don't know my way around Elsemar yet, like you do. As for taking a carriage ride, i would not mind at all, i just don't know what time limits we are under right now, whether making haste is desired at this point."


Priyya listens to the conversation between the royals with interest. She examines the carriage studiously, going so far as to excuse herself and step outside onto the running-board (while in transit) to examine the construction of the vehicle. Upon re-entering and re-seating herself, she concludes, "Well, if it's to be a carriage ride, I'd prefer to sit with the driver or on top where I will be able to best use my skills and weapons - in case we run into trouble."


Bluff 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Alis purses her lips at the comments of the other three women.

Sis would have realized everything Auntie said without being told. Nice going, 'Lis. Bet I sound like a real spoiled brat right about now. Well, it doesn't make sense to go risking other people's lives just because I want to show my new friends around home. If whatever Lara has to say is so important, I suppose she can always use a sending spell...

Sense Motive DC 15:
Alis seems somewhat agitated at the responses she receives to her prior statements.

Sense Motive DC 18:
However, you get the feeling that she's mostly agitated with herself rather than any of you.

"No, you're right Auntie, I'm–" she sighs, "sorry..."

Walking over to a cabinet containing a number of maps and charts, the princess quickly finds the map she's looking for and spreads it out upon the surface of a table. Taking up a compass, she arcs over a number of routes thinking out loud as she does.

"If there's a situation in Dafar that Lara needs me to attend to, heading back to Silverwake would waste precious time. Lara will probably have her hands full with the Trull anyway..."

With the compass in hand, she measures the distances of several different routes, speaking to herself as she jots down numbers...

"9 days by sea to Caen Karroll... then either... 11 days by sea to Mennen Fedleth... OR 5 days on the dwarf road to Celebannos... plus 5 days downriver to Mennen Fedleth... THEN another 4 to get from the capital back home to Silverwake... and lastly... about 15 days by sea to reach Malatesta..."

After a musing for a bit, she points to a red dashed line inked across the surface of the map. "Auntie, this is Sawng's Way, right? About how long do you think it would take the Golden Drakes to get us south to Malatesta?"


"If memory serves me correctly... it's just shorter than one cycle of Darkshoal."


Alis sighs. "So about two weeks faster..."

The princess looks up at Malandraenas with a smirk on her face. "Well, I guess you've lucked out Mal. That's two fewer court appearances you'll have to make."

To the rest of you she says, "Sorry, but it looks like I'll have to show you around my home some other time. At least it's something to look forward to after the excitement of peace negotiations in the jungle..."

"Mal? Could you please inform the Golden Drakes that we shall have need of their services? We can let them handle the logistics from there..."


Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Priyya does the math in her head - At best, a month's journey. She observes the map casually, noting the winding trail across a varied landscape of lake, rivers, and hills she has little seen. Good. This should prove interesting.

"My Lady, how soon we will be able to set forth with these Drakes?"


Sense Motive (Alis) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Lureene sighs to herself, on noting Alis's reaction. This was going to be a tough journey as it is, without these tensions rising. I know how she feels, missing Alexis, she really kept it together.

"Look at the bright side, Alis! I have not seen Elsemar before, and I am sure there are many beautiful things we will see on the way to Malatesta. I am really looking forward to this journey!"


Captain Wardove, aka Alis wrote:
"Mal? Could you please inform the Golden Drakes that we shall have need of their services? We can let them handle the logistics from there..."

"On it... Should we outfit ourselves with mounts as well? Or will those be provided? Is there anything else anyone needs for the journey while I'm out?" With his answers, he unceremoniously turns and leaves the room, a whistle bringing Talvyra from her resting spot, stalking at his heels. Over his shoulder, he calls out, "Anyone looking to stretch the legs is welcome to come with me."

Everyone can see that the idea of finally shaking the dust off his heels is putting Mal in a far brighter mood.


Priyya takes the offer, "I'm with you... I can't risk you scrounging up more 'fun' in my absence." She tips her head at the ladies and follows Mal out.


Prrrrrrrrrrrr


Corrina answers on her niece's behalf as she writes out a letter on a piece of parchment, sealing it with her signet ring, "The Golden Drakes keep stables. Unlike the steeds native to Chalësidhea, the horses they keep are more compact in statute, yet make up for it with great speed and vigor."

She hands the letter to Malandraenas and says, "You will find their holdings at the opposite end of Caen Carrinac, outside the western gate. This letter will explain the situation and handle their compensation."

Seeing that Priyya means to join the corporal, Corrina continues, "Also Priyya?" She hesitates for a moment and removes a weathered old card from her sleeve, "Ask for my old friend, the Lady Yvonne d'Calla. Since we have come out of winter, there is a good chance she may be in the area. Give her this and tell her that, The ardent youth climbs the precipice seeking the light of the old sage."

Bluff 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

She smiles gently and says, "Just a running joke between old friends."

Sense Motive DC 25:
You've got the feeling that Corrina must be calling in a favor. Also, there's something else she's not telling you, but you're not certain what it might be.


Lureene at first starts to rise, intent on joining the others, it sounds like they are going to be having fun, but something in Alis's eyes stopped her, and she settles back down in her seat. I think I need to stay close to Alis, just to give her some support. I don't think she has ever been apart from her sister for any length of time, at least not recently. Plus I owe this to Alexis...

She turns to Princess Alis with a bright, charming smile on her face, "Well, it looks like you are stuck with me for now while the others have their fun! Unless, you can think of something fun for us to do" she resists the urge to say 'shopping'.


Sense Motive on Corrina 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Alis frowns slightly, but you can see the glint of curiosity rekindled in her eyes.

After the others have left, Alis looks to her aunt and inquires, "Auntie, what are you up to?"


Mal takes the card, a question in his eyes that never leaves his lips. "Will do. Thank you for the help." He dips into a bow before turning and leaving. "Little Sister, Darkmane, let's go. Gotta go see about some tiny horses."


Corrina merely gives Alis and Lureene an enigmatic smile and says, "I don't know what you're talking about, my dear. Although I suppose if anything interesting happens, the others can tell you when they return..."


Sense Motive (Countess) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Talvyra wrote:
Prrrrrrrrrrrr

Priyya gives the hunting cat a wry smile. "I hope that's her 'approval'."

When they are out of earshot of the noble ladies, Priyya regards Mal seriously, unsure if he can reconcile the woman he met two days ago - all perfume, makeup, and ballgown - with the woman he is walking next to now. She lengthens her stride to keep up with his long-legged gait. She taps him lightly with her scimitar scabbard to get his attention, saying without preamble, "Don't let the t!ts fool you; I'm not a hothouse flower who fans herself at the sight of blood. I know my way around a battlefield."


Alis' Bluff 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Alis shrugs her shoulder and spends a few moments inspecting her nails and pacing back and forth in front of a bay window overlooking the approach to the châteaux and the pounding surf below.

Sense Motive DC 18:
While she does her best to maintain an impassive expression, you can tell that these secret messages are really getting her riled up inside.

After about a minute of this, she turns to Lureene and says, "There's a really good view of the city from the western edge of the estate. Come on, I'll show you!"

Alis' Bluff 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Corrina's SM 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Without waiting for an answer, Alis takes Lureene by the hand and dashes out of the room leaving the Countess with some peace and quiet.


The stately noblewoman merely smiles to herself. Just like her mother...

"Knight-captain, would you care for some tea?"


Mal turns to regard the slight warrior without breaking stride, "The fact that Little Sister addresses you at all is enough for me. Plus, few 'hothouse flowers' have blade callouses on their palms and the eyes of a warrior. I look forward to seeing you on the hunt."


Sense Motive (Alis) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Missing the interplay between Alis and the Countess, she eagerly jumps up to follow the Princess, who is undoubtedly up to something...


Felmor stays quiet while the ladies and Mal interact. Seeing Priyya without all of her finery and makeup, made him see the Surya-ka-Vahaak who had been in the background. Truly, a woman who looks as beautiful wearing her warriors garb, as she does wearing her ballroom finery is a rarity, he thinks. Aye, that be me Desert Rose.

Once the Countess offers him some tea, he accepts gratefully. "Thank ye verra much, Countess."

Looking over at where the departing Princess headed off, He cannot help but get a sense of foreboding, like a storm about to break on the horizon.


Malandraenas wrote:
Mal turns to regard the slight warrior without breaking stride, "The fact that Little Sister addresses you at all is enough for me. Plus, few 'hothouse flowers' have blade callouses on their palms and the eyes of a warrior. I look forward to seeing you on the hunt."

"Little Sister must be a fine judge of character then. Let's go make these arrangements, deliver this cryptic card, and find something to drink."


Within the space of a few minutes, Lureene finds herself standing atop the parapets of the estate's outer curtain wall atop a tall cliff overlooking the city below. The princess had made a point of heading back to her room and changing into her captain's outfit although she left both her distinctive bolero and bicorn there. Lureene wasn't exactly certain why sight-seeing would require such mobility, but as Alis clambered atop one of the merlons forming the wall's crenellations, she got the feeling that she was about to find out.

With a wink, Alis explains, "Great view, huh?"

A sudden gust of wind causes her hair to trail out over the edge of the battlement and a turquoise ribbon is blown away, lost on the wind and it drifts out on the breeze far above the city streets below.

Smiling proudly, she casts a spell on herself and says, "And so now you know how I caught up to Mal last night. It'll be just our little secret. Come on, let's go!"

With that, the grinning princess leaps out into the open air, arms spread wide as she plummets towards the streets below!


Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Lureene stares flummoxed as Alis looks down, expecting to see Alis plummeting to the ground, but as she looks down, she sees Alis floating down to the ground. Feather Fall, right?

She thinks, I cannot let her have all the fun. She flexes her wings, and while they would not support her in true flight, they would certainly keep her from falling to her death. She locks her muscles together, and jumps after Alis. She then glides Glide 30' down to rejoin Alis on the streets below.


Priyya, Mal, and Talvyra walk in companionable silence for some time, wending their way off the chateau grounds and into the town.

Perception (just keeping her eyes open) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

"So what happened the other night in town? NOT the 'security exercises' lie... the real story. As I recall, you were heading to your place in town and Alis was heading to bed." She watches the expression on his face closely, trying to learn more of the man.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Trying to allay a reasonable conclusion he might reach, she adds, "I'm not trying to be nosy. But if I'm going to trust my life to Alis then I need to know the type of woman she is. You said you were heading into town and that's what you did. Alis was supposedly going to bed and ends up in some odd state of undress, dockside, in a serious brawl. That concerns me. Unpredictable teammates can be unreliable teammates."


Alis and Lureene's descent goes largely unnoticed as the pair land in a small park at the base of the cliffs. Only a group of children engaged in mock combat with wooden swords take notice and are left scratching their heads in wonderment.

The blonde duo swiftly begin making their way thru Caen Carrinac's back streets setting a good pace for the western half of the city. After a minute or two, Alis beings, "So in case you're wondering what really happened last night..."

She then proceeds to regale her winged companion on how she had noticed Mal smelling Priyya and figured that he must be possessed of the keen senses of an animal. Seemingly without second though, she had absconded with a few of Alexis' scrolls and stole the clothes of a stablehand who was enjoying the company of a maid.

Being well-familiar with Caen Carrinac, she caught up to the big hunter and taunted him into playing a game of hide and seek while disguised as a 6-ft tall man. "I even made certain to step in some dog duty to further throw off his scent, pretty clever huh?"

Fortunately for her, one of the other scrolls she had stolen was a shield spell. "After all, I needed to make sure he's as tough as he looks, you know? And since he had that air about him that he was itching for a fight... well, win-win scenario, right?"

Just when it seemed like Mal had finally gotten the upper hand though, the incorrigible princess had run afoul of some members of the Jackhands gang. They were none-too-pleased that the two were leaping from rooftops and making a commotion — essentially flaunting that they could do whatever they pleased on the gang's turf.

"From that point on, it's pretty much how the news sheet read. They attacked, and Mal started ripping people's heads off. To tell the truth, I was actually a bit more scared of him at that point than of the Jackhands, but he didn't lose control or anything like that."

She bites her lip for a moment before flashing a big grin. "So I guess that means he'd dependable then, huh?"

Before Lureene knows it, she finds that the young bard (who is still older than herself) has guided them past the docks, thru the lower half of the city and outside Caen Carrinac's western gate. The smell of the sea so prevalent in the city is here joined by the fresher smell of trees and fields putting out buds and new shoots with the arrival of spring.

Shortly outside the tall city walls, they cross a two-span wooden bridge that passes over a river risen high on its banks with melt water from mountains further inland. Perhaps only a hundred yards ahead, the main road leading around the Gulf of Arghal is joined by another road coming from further north. Surrounded by broad, silver-barked beech trees, a 10-ft tall wall topped by bits of colored glass set into the mortar surrounds a large property.

A large brass placard bolted to the stonework bears the representation of a pair of rampant winged serpents standing back-to-back with their wings extending past one another. Pitched under the trees opposite its tall wrought-iron gate are a number of brightly colored tents. Several wagons covered in similar bright colors stand nearby, and the lilting sound of a dancing jig can be heard on the breeze.

"I wonder if Priyya and Mal have made it here yet. Let's go have a look..."


Lureene hurries along after Alis and listens to the tale intently. She gets a sense of desire for excitement from Alis, which echoes in her own blood, the sense of freedom, and following your own impulses, without worrying about other people's reactions. Fighting the urge to laugh maniacally, she nods at hearing Mal's reaction. Being involved with gangs before, the reaction from the Corporal was quite understandable. "Mal certainly did the right thing there, the only language thugs like that understand is violence," Lureene replies with a note of distaste in her tone.

Once they have arrived at the destination, she glances around with some interest, but does not see either Priyya, or Mal. "I am right behind you, 'Lis"


Lureene wrote:
"Mal certainly did the right thing there, the only language thugs like that understand is violence."

Alis nods in agreement. "The funny thing was, he seemed kind of worried when the city guard arrived. It was as if he felt like he was caught doing something he shouldn't have been. Do you think maybe he just didn't want the guards seeing me there like that?"

Lureene wrote:
"I am right behind you, 'Lis."

A smile lights up the princess' face at the nickname. Typically only Alexis would ever call her that and only when they were both feeling very playful and casual. I hope they can avoid those raiders–"

The sound of finger cymbals and drums brings Alis out of her reverie as swiftly as it began. Now further up the road, you can see that to the right, the gates to the Golden Drake's compound are wide open and a great many horses are being stabled within. On the left, opposite the gate, women in brightly colored outfits with swirling skirts, and bloused tops dance lightly in a clearing. Around their waists are sashes with numerous pierced coins hanging from them. They wear small cymbals on their fingers, which they chime to the ever-changing pace of their dance following the lead of the drummers.

Bluff 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Turning to Lureene, Alis says, "Oh this reminds me of some dances I saw back at the– oh look, they're inviting us to join in!"

Sense Motive DC 27:
Did they actually just wave you over, or did Alis just change the topic?

Lureene looks on as Alis taps one of the onlookers on the shoulder, points to a pair of tambourines, and then motions to Lureene. One of the dancers, an ivory-skinned beauty with wavy black hair and dazzling green eyes nods and Alis waves you over to join them.

Before Lureene can even think twice, the taller woman has begun to skip her way over followed by a half dozen other dancers including Alis. In the blink of an eye, she's swept up with them feeling the excitement and energy of their movement around her.

Dance 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Ben & Justin: Feel free to fill-in whatever dialog occurs between you. Alis and Lureene will have been at the gypsy camp for about 5-10 minutes by the time you arrive with everyone still engaged in belly-dance. The scene below can occur at any time after you've finished speaking/narrating your trip.


Will save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Perform, Dance 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Lureene feels the stirring of her blood, and she feels the excitement building in her body. Oddly, a vision of Rath-hun enters her mind, and a flush creeps on her face. "Ohh, I so want to dance like this for him!" She lets the dance overwhelm her senses. It seems like this dance was made for her body and she lets loose. She feels her demonic blood, a legacy of her mother's , taking control, and soon she finds it necessary to keep Rath-hun in her mind, to avoid losing complete control.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

When Mal and Priyya exit the city, they see much the same scene that their two mischievous companions did only a few minutes earlier. As they draw closer however, they see more than half-a dozen women dancing in a clearing across from the Golden Drakes' compound. Standing on the sides, men clap their hands and play drums while their women dance.

To Mal's eyes, the folk have coloration and features that look similar to Priyya's. Priyya however recognizes that they are actually native to the Setenbor, a large country on the opposite side of the Kirallan Desert from her own homeland. Well, most of them anyway.

In addition to one pale-skinned beauty with otherwise similar facial features, two other figures stand out in stark contrast. One is Lureene, dancing like tempest. The other is Alis, singing and playing a lute.

Sing 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
String 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


Mal, feel free to answer Priyya's question or not as you see fit.

Thinking about all that Mal has said, Priyya is introspective; Her mood - hard to read. At hearing the music and seeing the abandon of the Setenbor dancers, among whom are two familiar figures, Priyya glances over at Mal and says quietly for his ears alone. "Is this an odd coincidence or something purposeful, I wonder?"

Having no wish to join the entertainment, Priyya sidles along the periphery of the group, hoping to remain largely unnoticed, exchanging greetings with the men in the crowd as she believes they are performed in Setenbor. She politely inquires after the group's headman as well as Lady Yvonne d'Calla... seeking to accomplish their assignment quickly before attracting the attention of Alis, Lureene, or the dancers.

Stealth (being inconspicuous) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Diplomacy (greetings & finding folks) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Assuming neither the headman nor d'Calla are hard to find, Mal and Priyya will accomplish their tasks quickly before deciding what to do next.

Mal feel free to toss in a stealth roll to stay on the down-low as well... unless you want attention. :)


Priyya wrote:
"So what happened the other night in town? NOT the 'security exercises' lie... the real story."

Mal walks quietly for a few minutes, replaying the whole night in his mind. "Those high-society jokes they call parties always leave me with an excess of nervous energy, so I headed out to find some trouble to let it out. It seems Alis picked up on this and snuck out somehow. I caught her scent and sound following me through town, wearing the face and clothes of a man. Well, it escalated, though not violently, and we were having a bit of a cat-and-mouse game… " His green eyes find Priyya's for a second, "I'm guessing you know she's some form of arcanist…" then they return to their vigilant scan of the passing city, "and I had realized that with whatever defenses shehad put up I didn't really have a shot at besting "him". So I decided to share a drink with him. That's when Alis somehow ran into some real trouble, which I got her out of. That part was in the papers." He takes a few long strides in silence. "To be honest, I thought there would be serious trouble when the guards arrived. City dwellers are often skittish when presented with such savagery - even if it was self-defense. Well, you know the rest."

Priyya wrote:
"Unpredictable teammates can be unreliable teammates."

"Yah, she may prove to be trouble, to be honest. She's more than a bit of a trouble-maker, and she thinks she's pretty clever. In my experience, people who like to start trouble usually rely on others to clean it up. She's far from incapable, though. Honestly, I still haven't made up my mind about her, but she is the assignment…" he finishes his thought with a shrug of his massive shoulders which says clearly, 'so what are ya gonna do'.

Priyya wrote:
"Is this an odd coincidence or something purposeful, I wonder?"

A deep and audible sigh issues forth from Mal. "Safest to assume the latter, no?"

Seeing Priyya ghost off around one side of the gathering, Mal reacts instinctively, both he and Talvyra attempting to move through the crowd with the surprisingly light-footed, dark-maned warrior.

How am i supposed to hide with any effect amid this pack of short southerners? Though Priyya does well for herself. If she hadn't been standing right next to me, she might as well have been invisible… this should be a fun assignment after all.

Mal Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14.
Mal Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19.
Talvyra Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23.


Perception Checks
Alis 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 5 = 6 distracted
Lureene 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 5 = 16 distracted
Dancer 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 5 = 20 distracted
Dancer 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 5 = 13 distracted
Dancer 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 5 = 11 distracted
Dancer 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 5 = 14 distracted
Dancer 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 5 = 10 distracted
Dancer 1d20 + 18 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 18 - 5 = 16 distracted

Bluff Checks
Dancer 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Dancer 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Sense Motive Checks
Alis 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Lureene 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Malandraenas 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Priyya 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Priyya and Talvyra effortlessly disappear into the crowd. Although it is subtle, the desert warrior notes the subtle change in the dancer's movements that informs her they've noticed Mal's approach. She also notes that the two blondes have picked up on the dancers' cues. Lureene at least seems to have already spotted tall, dark and imposing.

Bluff 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

When Priyya asks after Yvonne d'Calla, one of the men, a short-statured man with the defined physique of an acrobat answers in an accent far less foreign to her ears than those used by the natives of Chalësidhea, "We don't really have a headman, we Drakes work as a group. As for this Yvonne, not sure I've heard of her. Why does our Xarakai sister ask?"

Priyya AND Sense Motive DC 15:
From a moment of hesitation the the part of the man, Priyya can tell that the name is definitely familiar to him but that he's trying to figure out her intentions.


Sense Motive against the male speaker 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9. Nope.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20
Malandraenas wrote:
Sense Motive against the male speaker 1d20 + 2. Nope.
Me wrote:
Priyya AND Sense Motive DC 15

When I use an "AND" statement in a spoiler, that means both conditions must be satisfied. If it was an "OR" then others could have attempted the check. When necessary, I'll also use parenthesis to note who is applicable for a check. For instance: Elvish AND (Alis OR Perception DC 20) would mean that Alis would be an auto-success, whereas anyone else would have to make both a DC 20 perception check AND speak Elvish.


I did see it. Sorry I ignored it. I thought I had said that Mal followed her, so my thought was that I would have overheard it, also. Now that I look at my post, my exact words were "...move through the crowd with the surprisingly light-footed, dark-maned warrior." Which is more non-specific than I intended. I had tried to be proactive and just make the roll, knowing you could deny it if I had misunderstood, but I'll not do that in the future.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20
Mal wrote:
Seeing Priyya ghost off around one side of the gathering, Mal reacts instinctively, both he and Talvyra attempting to move through the crowd with the surprisingly light-footed, dark-maned warrior.

I picked up on that as his stated intention, but given the disparity in the stealth checks, I determined that he was unsuccessful in keeping up lest he ruin her subterfuge: "Priyya and Talvyra effortlessly disappear into the crowd." At any rate, since I expect folks to read spoilers that aren't intended for them, it's no big deal. I just wanted to clarify on the mathematics-style expressions I use in case there was some confusion.


No One of Consequence wrote:
"We don't really have a headman, we Drakes work as a group. As for this Yvonne, not sure I've heard of her. Why does our Xarakai sister ask?"

Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Priyya smiles at the fellow, pleased by his caution, and gives him a slight bow. "It flatters me that you know my land, brother. We are both far from home." She indicates the imposing figure of Mal. "My companion has a letter of introduction, a request for travel, and payment details for your group. It is from a person of some importance in this region." She pauses a moment to let that part register. "And I bear a private message for Lady Yvonne d'Calla... from a person of some importance as well."


Priyya adds, almost as an afterthought, "Hopefully those details and a friendly face from home will help you recall the whereabouts of the Lady Yvonne d'Calla... Oh, my manners! I neglected to introduce myself. I think seeing that dance, which I have not seen in some years, has distracted me with pleasant thoughts of home. I am Priyya Surya-ka-Vahaak, Priestess of Alita. It is a pleasure seeing my Setenbor brethren again."

I don't know if this guy knows anything about Priyya's order but perhaps he does... so she did a little name dropping.

451 to 500 of 11,113 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.