Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Wardens of the Righteous

Game Master Jesse Heinig

In the wake of the disastrous fall of Kenabres, there seems to be little hope. The city is devastated and the demons of the Worldwound have poured forth unchecked. Yet life continues somehow, but survival in the face of disaster will be a challenge...

Linked campaign: Wrath of the Righteous

~~~ Defender's Heart ~~~
Provisions: 451
Build Points of Materials: 10
Guards: 23
Survivors: 17
Dependents: 3
Cats: 1
Dogs: 0

Current map: Orphanage, ground floor

Map of Kenabres

Kenabres City Grid


1 to 50 of 863 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar Bard (Arcane Healer) 1 | 8/8 HP | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Initiative +2 | Perception +7 | Bardic Performance 7/8 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—0/2 | Active Conditions: Inspire Courage +1

It was Armasse eve, and the wild and raucous revelry had already begun. Though Kenabres is normally known for its zealous witch hunters and its precarious position at the edge of the Worldwound, the pressures under which its inhabitants live mean that when they kick off a festival, they let loose with abandon.

Alas, the festivities were not all that was let loose this time. Somehow, demons managed to circumvent or destroy the wards that protected Kenabres and Mendev from invasion, and a horde of demonic forces descended upon the city. Even the city's great guardian, the silver dragon Terendelev, was outmatched by the invading forces.

Once a city of over twelve thousand, most of Kenabres is now a smoldering ruin. The dead lie in the streets, body parts and innards strewn about haphazardly. Buildings have been demolished and unchecked wildfire has claimed most of the remnants. How can anyone rebuild in the face of such disaster?

Yet life must go on...


Male Tiefling Druid (Menhir Savant) 1

Dotting so I may keep an eye on this!


Female Aasimar (Emberkin) Rogue (Unchained) 1|HP: 8/8|AC: 15/12/13|Saves: +1 Fort, +4 Ref, +2 Will (+2 vs. charm/compulsion)|Init: +2|Perc: +4

Likewise dotting. :)


Female Half-elf (drow-descended) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 1:
| HP 13/13 | AC 18, touch 12, flat- footed 16 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | immune to sleep | CMB +3 CMD 15| Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft. (light blindness); Perception +4 | Active conditions: none

dotting.


F Halfling Urban Barbarian | HP 18/25 | AC17 (T15 FF13) CMD15 | F+6 R+5 W+2(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +8 |

dot


Male Kyton-Blooded Tiefling Archivist Bard 1

Arthur awoke in a small room, decorated with only a small table by the bed he was on. As he shook the sleep from his head, Arthur tried to recall what happened last night.

I must still be in the tavern.. Arthur massaged his temple as he sat up.

In almost total darkness, he walked slowly over to a curtained window. He moved the curtain and his eyes worked to readjust themselves to the light.

"My gods.." Arthur's knees went weak and his jaw hung open as he took in the scene outside.

Destruction. Chaos. Death.

All the studying in the world could not have prepared him for this.

Silver Crusade

Dot, sorry I'm late to the party


Female Human Bloodrager (Steelblood, Celestial Bloodline) 2 (HP 11/22) | AC:14 | T:11 | FF:13 | cmd:15 | Fort +5 | Ref +1 | Will -2 | Init. +1 | Perc:+2 | Speed 30ft
Active Effects:
Bloodrage

Suddenly, Arthur hears a loud banging on his apartment door. The knocking comes again, followed by a voice, "Arthur! Let me in, Arthur! It's Iomenna, from the tavern last night? Arthur, you have to let me in! It happened again. Oh Inheritor, it happened again." The banging stops, but the sound of a person pacing back and forth on the other side of the door continues.


F Halfling Urban Barbarian | HP 18/25 | AC17 (T15 FF13) CMD15 | F+6 R+5 W+2(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +8 |

She stood there, in the smoke and rubble. Stood, because her legs wouldn't run anymore. She had been running for a long time. It was quiet now, though screams still echoed in her skull.

Where am I? She didn't recognize the place, all full of broken buildings and broken bodies. How did I get here? She shook her head (and almost fell over), brought her hand up to wipe grit out of her eyes. There was a knife in her hand, her best chef's knife, the one she often carried around with her. Her knuckles where all white wrapped around the handle, she couldn't feel it. The blade was covered in strangely colored dried gore.

She tried to remember. It was Armasse, right? It seemed like a long time ago. There was a tavern with friends. She had kept to herself, drinking and listening. Then, what? Screams, darkness, and running.


Male Kyton-Blooded Tiefling Archivist Bard 1

Amidst the horror that was once Kenebres, Arthur saw something, no, someone. A halfling stood among the rubble covered in gore and clutching a knife. He wanted to call out to her, to say anything, but he couldn't move, much less speak.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Arthur almost fell over as the frantic knocking on his door snapped him to his senses. He heard a voice from the other side, but his mind was too foggy to understand the words. He shuffled across the small room for what felt like an eternity and grabbed the handle with a near skeletal hand. Upon opening the door he locked eyes with a human woman.

I remember her.. From last night. Was it really last night? What is her name? I remember her-

Arthur's thoughts were interrupted by the muscular woman stepping toward him, shouting, "Arthur! The city!" She continued to speak, but Arthur's mind was still reeling from his new reality. Soon his companion realized he wasn't listening and stopped. Arthur looked to the window then back to the woman in his doorway. He managed a single word, "Halfling."

I just realized I wrote this in past tense, I'll go back to present tense since that's what we used in the previous thread.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar Bard (Arcane Healer) 1 | 8/8 HP | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Initiative +2 | Perception +7 | Bardic Performance 7/8 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—0/2 | Active Conditions: Inspire Courage +1

Kenabres, Gate District - Defender's Heart
Kelly Littlekettle, Bahram Alhazred, Arthur Murkwood, Iomenna bet-Melkiel, Ik-Ha-Thruun, Dragz Titanhammer, Sario Ulum Taliesin, Siobhan Sable

The Defender's Heart is, despite being an inn and tavern, also nearly a fortress. Multiple stone rooms and a low wall outside give the impression that it is a defensible keep-like structure. In truth, it is a sprawling collection of private rooms and a few larger ones, as well as a stable and dining room, but it is not designed to repel attack - it simply has stout stone walls that give the appearance of safety.

For some, Defender's Heart was the place to be on Armasse eve, beginning the revels early in the largest inn and tavern in all of Kenabres. They were lucky: when the attackers swept through the city, Defender's Heart was largely passed by.

To be sure, there are sections of the building that have been thrown down to rubble, places where the ceiling has fallen in and even spots where people were dragged out of windows. But the demonic hordes had other targets: the city's cathedrals, barracks, and strongholds of the faithful. The mighty demons leading the host, it seems, were focused primarily on the crusaders and priests who normally frequented those places. A smart strategy - killing off the most notable clerics and paladins would greatly hinder any attempts to retake the city.

The passage from noon into the afternoon (the festival, and the attack, started just after noon) shows the total chaos that has descended upon the city. Not only has fire and war consumed many of the buildings, but great fissures have opened in the ground. The earth itself has groaned under the pressure of the otherworldly incursion and entire streets are ripped asunder. Even locals will have difficulty navigating the city in any way.

From atop the perch of Defender's Heart it is possible to see parts of the Gate District - the outermost district of Kenabres. Moans and screams still sound in the distance.

Kelly Littlekettle awakens on the edge of a hillside and realizes that she is outside the back exit of the kitchen. Nearby are small, foul-smelling puddles of yellowish, fatty liquid.

Bahram Alhazred is on the roof of the building. When he awakens his head throbs and there is a small pile of rubble around him. There's a circling stone staircase that goes back down into the inn, but it looks like it was detonated by a blast of magic power. He does not see an easy way back in. From one edge of the roof he can see Kelly Littlekettle below - she could probably hear him if he yells.

Arthur Murkwood is in one of the rooms of the inn, with his door being slammed upon by Iomenna bet-Melkiel. Outside his window is a lovely view of the back field of the inn, with a gore-strewn halfling in the blood-spattered field.

Iomenna bet-Melkiel, in addition to banging on Arthur's door, is also spattered with gore from fighting various minor demons. Shoved into her belt is a broken cold iron longsword that she picked up at some point during the chaos (but the last foot of the blade is missing).

Ik-Ha-Thruun awakens suddenly outside the Defender's Heart, lying in the grass. On the ground next to him is his book. A bizarre set of interlocking circles are scratched in the grassy soil surrounding him, and the edge of the circle touches the inner edge of a much larger circle that seems to go on to surround the entire building. The circle looks like a scorch mark in the grass. The smell of brimstone fills his nostrils.

Dragz Titanhammer is laughing uncontrollably as he stands in the stables. He doesn't know why. The horses in the stables have been gutted and their entrails hung from the ceiling. The bags of grain have been torn open, and grain scattered about the floor, covered in a thin sheet of mildly acidic slime. One of the stableboys hangs from the ceiling by the horse entrails, and a horse's severed head has been placed over his own head. It appears that he died of suffocation. Dragz' back hurts, and he doesn't know why that is, either.

Sario Ulum Taliesin has, against all odds, flattened herself in a brush-covered nook under an eroded hillside at the base of the slight rise on which the inn sits. Perhaps her magic made her overlooked, or maybe it was simply because she used the natural cover so well. She had a perfect view of the amazing and titanic battle in the sky between the flaming massive demonic leader of the army and the silver dragon defender of the city. In her hand is one half of a rent silverdragonscale that fell, by chance, next to her when the demon tore into the dragon during the fighting. It is about the size of a dinner plate.

Siobhan Sable is just outside the stable where Dragz is laughing. She doesn't know why he's laughing, but can see blood running down his back. She's holding a starknife that isn't hers, that was handed to her by a dying priest of Desna who was impaled by a massive demon with four arms. The demon saw her during this exchange, snorted, and then walked away, ignoring her as it went on to spit more citizens with its spear. She doesn't know why she was spared.

Kenabres, Gate District - Flamekissed Residence
Darya Flamekissed, Lucianna Moretti, Azura Celestine

Darya's small but cozy home has been turned into a wreck. The roof was set on fire and caved in. The remnants of the prior afterparty there are scattered about among pieces of collapsed walls and splintered furniture.

Darya Flamekissed has just finished battering a wounded dretch into oblivion. She is likewise spattered in demon-bits and looking out what used to be her southern bedroom wall of her house, which is located some distance northwest of the Defender's Heart. Outside, the street is littered with bodies. It's like the vision of the Abyss has come to Golarion, with blood, fire, and wreckage everywhere.

Lucianna Moretti is finishing putting on her armor, which she had previously donned hastily. She is in what used to be the living room of the home.

Azura Celestine is huddled under the remains of the fireplace chimney, the top of which was knocked off in the fighting. A bloody wound on her head mars her golden hair, and a ragged chunk of a dining table leg has been shoved through her abdomen. She is currently unconscious but stable.

Kenabres, Gate District - Temple of Sarenrae
Losvarlinth, Cyril Hastings Alderford

Losvarlinth is in shock in the temple of Sarenrae. After a massive explosion, she is currently recovering from being deafened, and the streaming sunlight combined with the ringing in her ears has left her disoriented. The fact that she was in one of the meditation cloisters, thinking about her new devotion, left her alive when much of the clergy was killed and the upper tower of the temple of Sarenrae was actually torn and lifted off by winged demons.
The middle of the temple is now an abattoir. The priests have been heaped upon the altar service, their scimitars snapped and the jagged ends shoved into their mouths.
Beyond the large arched entryway Losvarlinth can see the flames still lapping at the large marketplace of the Northgate district of the city.

Cyril Hastings Alderford is at the Northgate Market. He saw demons lift the top off the temple of Sarenrae and then hurl chunks of it at people in the streets. The spire of the temple was thrown through the side of one of the market buildings and three people are impaled upon it. A trail of droplets of colored substances has followed his footsteps here, standing next to a wagon full of vegetables. The countertop next to the wagon holds a display with various jars and vials of spices and substances. The proprietor, perhaps trying to gather up his wares, was killed from behind and he fell atop his precious vials, his blood mingling with the contents of any that had their stopper knocked loose.

The titanic battle went on for several hours, but now the demons have moved on, their leader drawing his horde further into Mendev to attack the kingdom. Defense of the city has been disorganized at best, and there are still a few demonic stragglers in the streets, not to mention the occasional looter, cultist, or crazed citizen.

If I missed anyone, let me know! Game on!


Female Aasimar HP 18/23; AC 13/10/13 (16/13/16 during SMITE); F+11 R+6 W+9; Init +0; Smite evil 1/day; Acid 5, Electricity 5, Cold 5

Kenabres, Gate District - Flamekissed Residence

The fury of battle dying down slightly, Darya maintins her grip on her massive sword, the gore all over her barely noticed in the flood of adrenaline. A her eyes scan what used to be her home, the smells of blood and fire and brimstone fade into the background as her eyes fall on Azura in the other room. "Oh Gods..." she utters in a whisper as she registers everything, her post combat mind filling in the gaps, the dining table the demon had thrown at her. She'd cut through it in the air.....Azura had been behind her....

NO!!

Running to the fireplace, ignoring the rubble beneath her bare feet she falls to her knees. "Azura, can you hear me? C'mon speak to me. Luci! Come quick!" she shouts checking her fellow aasimar's condition.

Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 10/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

Kenabres, Gate District - Flamekissed Residence
The shock of what had happened had left Luci in something of a daze as she'd put her armour on without realising or even being aware of what was happening. Darya's voice managed to cut through the fog and snap her out of it.

"Sorry, I must've hit my head-" she'd been saying as she Azura, "Holy... Can she be moved?" As hard as it was, Luci tried to clamp down on her emotions for now; all they would do in this situation was make it harder to get help for Azura.


Female Aasimar Bard (Arcane Healer) 1 | 8/8 HP | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Initiative +2 | Perception +7 | Bardic Performance 7/8 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—0/2 | Active Conditions: Inspire Courage +1

Azura is currently at -2 hit points but stable. She can be moved (carefully) but will need care or magical healing to return to consciousness.


Female Aasimar HP 18/23; AC 13/10/13 (16/13/16 during SMITE); F+11 R+6 W+9; Init +0; Smite evil 1/day; Acid 5, Electricity 5, Cold 5

Kenabres, Gate District - Flamekissed Residence

"Yeah I think so. If we can get her to the bed....I think the bed's still intact....then we can get this out of her and heal her." Darya says putting laying her sword on the ground and moving to grasp Azura under her arms.


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 10/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

Kenabres, Gate District - Flamekissed Residence
Luci quickly moved to grab Azura's legs and help Darya move her. "You sure we should pull that out? I remember one of the guys I trained with saying that it's often better to leave such things in until you can get a healer - lets it act like a plug, keeps them from bleeding out."


Female Aasimar HP 18/23; AC 13/10/13 (16/13/16 during SMITE); F+11 R+6 W+9; Init +0; Smite evil 1/day; Acid 5, Electricity 5, Cold 5

Kenabres, Gate District - Flamekissed Residence
"You're right. Damn it!"" the flame haired paladin swears as they lift her as gently as possible moving her to the bedroom and laying her down. "We can't just leave her here to go find a healer. She's stable right now but that won't last if we don't get somebody here. I can see if any of the neighbors made it through this......Whatever the hell this is."


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 10/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

Kenabres, Gate District - Flamekissed Residence
"Go; I'll keep an eye on her," she offered, "you know this neighbourhood better than me."


Female Aasimar HP 18/23; AC 13/10/13 (16/13/16 during SMITE); F+11 R+6 W+9; Init +0; Smite evil 1/day; Acid 5, Electricity 5, Cold 5

Kenabres, Gate District - Flamekissed Residence

Hesitating for only a moment Darya nods, getting dressed and donning her armor. Not for the life of her could she ever have imagined last night that they'd be facing a decimated city and one of the two beautiful women she'd spent the night with would be barely clinging to life.

Sheathing her greatsword on her back she moves over to the bed where Luci sits watching over Azura."I'll be back as soon as I can. Stay safe." she says softly, the words sounding ridiculous even as she says them. She was about to head into Ragathiel knew what in the hopes that someone with healing magic survived this hell.

"May the Genreal's wings shield you both until I'm back," she says bending forward to give the petite warrior an intimate kiss, then turning to gently kiss the unconscious healer's forehead before standing up and heading out into the chaos.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasamir-Anglekin Paladin 1

Ik-Ha-Thruun, awoke, and scrambled once again waking somewhere he wasn't supposed to be. Picking up the book he gazed into it, reading it, [Let me know what I find there if I find anything] he looked at the circles, perhaps protective runes of some kind.

Getting up he gazed around looking to see what he could see, pulling his sword, he wasn't entirely sure what or who to fight. Or really if there was a need to fight.


Female Human Bloodrager (Steelblood, Celestial Bloodline) 2 (HP 11/22) | AC:14 | T:11 | FF:13 | cmd:15 | Fort +5 | Ref +1 | Will -2 | Init. +1 | Perc:+2 | Speed 30ft
Active Effects:
Bloodrage

Kenabres, Gate District - Defender's Heart

"Halfling." That was all he had to say. Just that one word. The city had fallen to ruin and ashes. Her entire world shattered into disarray, again. And all he could say was "Halfling." With an exasperated sigh, Iomenna cranes her neck to look past the slender man standing on the other side of the threshold. She looks out the window where Arthur's gaze had drifted, and she suddenly realizes the importance of that singular word.

"Oh no! Is that Kelly?! Come on, Arthur. Grab your things and let's go. There are still some of the smaller demons around the city, and I don't want to watch anyone else die today. Especially when I can see them out the window." Iomenna barges into the room and begins shoving Arthur's belongings into his arms, encouraging him to get dressed faster. As he finishes getting ready, Iomenna leans out the window and calls out, "Kelly! Snap out of it, Kelly. We'll be right there."


Female Aasimar Bard (Arcane Healer) 1 | 8/8 HP | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Initiative +2 | Perception +7 | Bardic Performance 7/8 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—0/2 | Active Conditions: Inspire Courage +1

Kenabres, Gate District - Northgate Market

Darya heads out from her house and realizes that she was one of the lucky ones. The neighbor's house had the house just past it slammed into it, and the two are a mixed mass of broken timbers, crushed stone, and ruined bodies.

Not far down the twisting lane is the market district. A dead man with a spear in his back leans over a vending stand, and just beyond him is a wagonload of vegetables. Next to that wagon is a man who seems a bit shellshocked - recognizable as the alchemist who was at Defender's Heart the night before. Behind him a woman leans against one of the market stalls, clutching a bag and breathing shallowly.

Kenabres, Gate District - Defender's Heart

Ik-Ha-Thruun:
Inside the book is written: Demons have destroyed the Wardstone. Kenabres is lost - this is not in question. But what was once whole, can be made whole again. What magics I have, I have spent in defense of the heart. But the spells will not last forever. No wickedness will cross into the building for today. These old stone walls will be the only sanctuary left for now. I shall provide what little advice I can when the opportunity next arises - but for now, be wary! Evil has found its way into Kenabres, and not just the armies of the Abyss.


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 10/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

Kenabres, Gate District - Flamekissed Residence
Luci took solace in the kiss, knowing that anything that could motivate her would help them get through this. She couldn't help mumbling to herself after Darya left, though.
"You better come back after that, Darya."


Stats:
Human Druid; HP 3/9 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 13 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (Darkvision 60ft)
active magicks:
Spells per day 1st - 2/3

dotting, looks like I have some reading to do


Female Aasimar HP 18/23; AC 13/10/13 (16/13/16 during SMITE); F+11 R+6 W+9; Init +0; Smite evil 1/day; Acid 5, Electricity 5, Cold 5

Kenabres, Gate District - Defender's Heart

Remembering the gangly looking alchemist from the tavern, Darya makes her way towards the man who appears to be in shock, not that she blamed him. With her battlefield training it still took everything she had to block out the worst of it. There would be time to mourn later, right now was about saving the living.

Making her way through the rubble and trying not to focus on the bloody body parts she had to step over, she moves towards the fruit stand. "Are you alright?"


Stats:
Human Druid; HP 3/9 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 13 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (Darkvision 60ft)
active magicks:
Spells per day 1st - 2/3

Kenabres, Gate District - Defender's Heart

Sario looks around carefully, having watched such a heart wrenching death and now having a piece of the once great dragon clutched to her breast. She slowly lifts the bush from her and silently moves towards Defender's heart. She looks around the park, burnt trees, corpses of animals and people alike. Even the old druids hut has been demolished by something enormous, she walks over to inspect the large foot print. These are massive, I didn't know demons could get that large. The destruction is even more horrendous when you witness it first hand.

Sario notices Defenders heart for the first time since awakening, steeling her resolve she sets off for there.


Male Kyton-Blooded Tiefling Archivist Bard 1

Kenabres, Gate District - Defender's Heart

Arthur's perception slowly comes in to focus as Iomenna shoves his backpack into his arms. He turns as she yells out this window. Not wanting to test the stairs or waste any time, Arthur quickly retrieves a grappling hook and silk rope from his bag and firmly attaches it to the windowsill.

Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 2

(DC is 0, but still)

Arthur awkwardly slides down the rope, Iomenna close behind, and nervously looks around before approaching the halfling. Her eyes are vacant, as though her conscience is elsewhere. "Kelly? Are you alright?" After the words left his mouth, he rolled his eyes at his own stupidity. Of course she isn't alright, no one is.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasamir-Anglekin Paladin 1

Kenabres, Gate District - Defender's Heart
Ik-Ha-Thruun yelled loudly, the ward he hoped allowed noise out. Darya, Dragz, where are you?!!! The voice echoed, as if something laughed at him, he began to look around then. Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15
He continued to look around and shout out as he looked, not sure where he was, though it looked like Defender's Heart, Darya, Dragz!!!
What had happened here, Wizard Friend had placed ward on ground, made safe. Moving about he attempted to find someone, anyone that was still alive.


Female Aasimar Bard (Arcane Healer) 1 | 8/8 HP | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Initiative +2 | Perception +7 | Bardic Performance 7/8 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—0/2 | Active Conditions: Inspire Courage +1

Kenabres, Gate District - Defender's Heart

Ik-Ha-Thruun hears a familiar sound and recognizes it as Dragz' laughter. Why he would be laughing is a mystery. Recognizing that the laughter is inside the ward that surrounds Defender's Heart, Ik notes that the sound comes from one of the adjoining buildings attached to the structure - the stables. Just outside that building he sees Siobhan Sable, one of the half-drow from the previous party, looking at something inside the structure through the large stable doors.

Arthur manages to get out of his room and over by Kelly Littlekettle, who seems to be recovering from whatever stunned her.

Kenabres, Gate District - Northgate Market

Luci tends to Azura as best she can. The bard isn't in immediate danger of dying, but who knows what could happen in the next few hours or days? Looking about the remains of the room she realizes that some of Darya's possessions may still be intact - the house probably has a small amount of food, and there's certainly plenty of cloth to make bandages.

Darya approaches the fruit vendor and notes that she's a middle-aged woman clutching a burlap sack. She has no obvious wounds, but she is a pale, unhealthy color and she is gasping as she tries to breathe. She might have internal or magical injuries.

The woman's eyes roll up toward Darya, but she makes no move to stand. She says, "Did help finally get here? It's been... days." It seems that her sense of time is impacted.

The bag itself is a burlap sack holding something lumpy. It is not bloodstained, fortunately.

I'm gonna try to get some links up for maps so you guys can have a better idea of where you are!


Male Kyton-Blooded Tiefling Archivist Bard 1

Thanks! I'm really excited for this, it's the first PbP I've ever done c:


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 10/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

"Damnit - patching people up's your field, Azura, not mine," she muttered to herself, looking around. "Maybe Darya's got a first aid kit or something around here... and that, if she does, it wasn't crushed by something."

Keeping an ear out for anyone approaching, Luci started sifting through the house, looking for anything that could help her treat Azura or would otherwise be useful, grabbing some curtains and such for bandages.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18


Female Aasimar HP 18/23; AC 13/10/13 (16/13/16 during SMITE); F+11 R+6 W+9; Init +0; Smite evil 1/day; Acid 5, Electricity 5, Cold 5

Kenabres, Gate District - Defender's Heart

Darya approaches the woman, gently placing a hand on her back in support as she takes stock of her, trying to determine her condition.

Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"I..I was caught up in this too. Myself and a couple of friends. I live near here and the whole neighborhood...the whole city's been attacked. re you hurt anywhere? What's your name?" she asks supporting the woman as she peers down into the sack.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 11


F Halfling Urban Barbarian | HP 18/25 | AC17 (T15 FF13) CMD15 | F+6 R+5 W+2(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +8 |

Kenabres, Gate District - Defender's Heart
Kelly slowly looked up at the people approaching. Did she know them? Yes, Iomenna, she knew her from the crusader camps. The other man looked familiar. Did she see him at the party last night?
Was it just last night?
It seemed so long ago.
She looked back down at the blade in her hand. "It's all dirty. I'm going to have to boil it. In holy water maybe. Do you have any, Iomenna?"


Female Human Bloodrager (Steelblood, Celestial Bloodline) 2 (HP 11/22) | AC:14 | T:11 | FF:13 | cmd:15 | Fort +5 | Ref +1 | Will -2 | Init. +1 | Perc:+2 | Speed 30ft
Active Effects:
Bloodrage

Iomenna watches Arthur as he clambers out the window. "Alright, well I was thinking we could just use the door, but..." She makes sure her sword belt and hammer are secure before swinging a leg out the window and climbing down after Arthur.

Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

As they reach the ground, they head toward Kelly. "It's all dirty. I'm going to have to boil it. In holy water maybe. Do you have any, Iomenna?" the halfling asks.

"I'm afraid not and I can hardly bring myself to go anywhere close to the temples where we might find some. Come on, we should get to shelter. Looks like the Heart is still standing by some miracle."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasamir-Anglekin Paladin 1

DRAGZ! The bellow went through his entire soul, and he raced sheathing sword as he went, he tripped over something looking down it was a body of someone. Zaaztiz The curse ripped its way from deep within him, something lost. But he wasn't really concerned with what was going on, he bowled into the door of the Stable.

Dragz, you laugh...and covered in blood. We must get you out, clean up, make sure not wounded, Dragz?


Female Aasimar Bard (Arcane Healer) 1 | 8/8 HP | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Initiative +2 | Perception +7 | Bardic Performance 7/8 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—0/2 | Active Conditions: Inspire Courage +1

Ik-Ha-Thruun:
You can see that Dragz has a jagged green knife of unknown manufacture sticking out of his back. He doesn't seem to be aware of it.

Kenabres, Gate District - Northgate Market

Darya tries to help the middle-aged merchant woman up, but her eyes roll back into her head. Her pulse is weak and thready. You think she has significant internal injuries and is unlikely to survive.

Darya peeks into the burlap sack and sees that it is filled with fresh green apples.

Darya has the sudden, horrible realization that you are the help.

Everyone

As you get your bearings you note billowing clouds of black smoke to the south and southeast of the city. The fields outside the wall must be burning. Those with a high vantage point can see that the south gate is a mess; it has been wrecked by the demonic army that is even now heading into Mendev.

You hear the occasional howl of anguish, the questioning of survivors driven to the brink, and perhaps most shatteringly, the querulous cries of lost children wondering where their parents have gone.

If you have Intelligence 12+:
You realize that the city will soon dissolve into total anarchy and you can expect small bands of survivors to start wandering about looking for food, weapons, and healing supplies. Based on need, your priorities are probably to have a safe place to sleep for the night, to have fresh water, and to have food supplies.

If you have Wisdom 12+:
The black smoke over the fields heralds disaster: You have only what food you can find in the city. There will be no harvest this year. Though it's likely that very few people survived, if you are unable to secure some kind of alternative food supply or find a large store of preserved food, everyone will die come winter - and you can't leave, because your alternatives are to either go deeper into the Worldwound or to wind up following the trail of the demonic army.

If you have Charisma 12+:
The only way that anyone will survive this mess is by banding together with other survivors for mutual assistance. You have to find other people with complementary skills if you want to survive - and there will be other bands of survivors, some of whom will not be friendly. Your only way to last more than a week or two is to build some kind of small temporary community and make it defensible.


Female Aasimar HP 18/23; AC 13/10/13 (16/13/16 during SMITE); F+11 R+6 W+9; Init +0; Smite evil 1/day; Acid 5, Electricity 5, Cold 5

Kenabres, Gate District - Northgate Market

As the realization sets in Darya finds herself having to stave off sense of desperation. Based on where that smoke was coming from, the fields were burning which meant the city's food supply was gone. The carnage was worse than she imagined and come winter the body count would rise. For anyone to survive......they couldn't do it alone. But right now she had more pressing concerns. Without a healer Azura might not survive the night. If she didn't make it back by nightfall, Luci wouldn't be able to rest. With a wall missing and nowhere safe to go she'd stay awake to protect Azura.

The woman's injuries must be internal and given her condition she was probably only still alive because of the shock, she didn't have much time left. Guiding her to a sitting position she settles her as best she can, talking to her calmly, all the while realizing she'd most like be the last person this woman saw.

She had to find a healer or a potion or something fast. If they could heal Azura, the three of them could start moving, making their way towards somewhere secure that they could fortify and find food.

As the fading merchant settles down, fatigue and her injuries taking their toll the paladin gets her bearings, trying to figure the best direction to find some form of magical curative that she could get back to the girls before nightfall.

Wisdom check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Stats:
Human Druid; HP 3/9 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 13 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (Darkvision 60ft)
active magicks:
Spells per day 1st - 2/3

are there maps up that I missed and how close to Darya and co would I be?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc
vitals:
Hp:15/15(rage:17/17) AC:16(rage:14) =(+1dex,+5 scale mail)
Barbarian(Scared Rager) 1
stats:
BaB=1 fort:5 refl:1 will:0(rage:+2)

Dragz looks at Ik-ha-thruun Hahaha, what? blood? oh, by the nine flaming pits of hell!!! where am I? what happened? by all that is holy, why do i hurt? Dragz almost breaks down mentally under the strain of not knowing what's happening

I need drink, a really... no better yet, I'm never drinking again! Dragz looks at his friend again and gives him a very confused look. what is happening? the last thing i remember is finishing my drink. Dragz grabs his head and feels the long scars that symbolized his status in his tribe. they give him hope, and he calms down. he takes a moment to take in his surroundings.
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Silver Crusade

Male Aasamir-Anglekin Paladin 1

Freind, we are safe. Least for day, Wizard Friend make runes on ground, magic circles. But still you need be, green knife in back, then find out any other hurts. You want pull or I?

Ik-Ha-Thruun opened the stable doors, Entire Town in ruins, you and I safe, Freind Darya missing, other freinds missing. Have to fortify this place, need strong backs, strong arms, you hurt, but most are, Ik-Ha-Thruun do all the work he can to help. But needs everyone together, by next sunrise this place no safe, so needs make it safe.

Ik-Ha-Thruun, isn't just going through the motions, his simple mind doesn't understand just how Darshakaed the situation is. He does however understand the power of numbers, as well as the fact that this place could be fortified and create a base of operation to have sorties from.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc
vitals:
Hp:15/15(rage:17/17) AC:16(rage:14) =(+1dex,+5 scale mail)
Barbarian(Scared Rager) 1
stats:
BaB=1 fort:5 refl:1 will:0(rage:+2)

what? a knife in my back? Dragz reaches for his back, but his stiff body doesn't let him. Dragz isn't flexible enough to reach the blade. yes pull it out please. my back is killing me and I think that's what is causing it... But don't pull it out if you think it might cause problems. I don't want to end up paralyzed or worse.

Dragz, in a moment of clarity, realizes the irony in his companion and him. you know, isn't it strange how I, a half-orc, is a better speaker than you, an Aasamir? Dragz chuckles, but the knife in his back just makes him hurt more.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasamir-Anglekin Paladin 1

Not know, perhaps wizard friend tell more about strangeness, hold still. This might hurt if so, you take potion, best if strong freind stay alive, going to need strong and angry soon, looters arrive soon Me thinks.

Ik-Ha-Thruun moves behind Dragz after giving him a small vial, the only healing potion that he had, that possibly any of them had. With that he said Grit teeth time and pulled out the knife with his gauntleted hand, dropping it into a belt pouch so as not to touch it overly long.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar Bard (Arcane Healer) 1 | 8/8 HP | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Initiative +2 | Perception +7 | Bardic Performance 7/8 rounds | Bard Spells: 1st—0/2 | Active Conditions: Inspire Courage +1

Kenabres, Gate District - Defender's Heart

The knife comes out with a slight tearing sound. It's painful - it's a dagger with a serrated back edge, made of strange green-tinted steel. It feels unwholesome.

Dragz, you discover much to your dismay that you previously took 5 points of damage during the invasion, but you were probably too hungover/too raging to notice at the time. No other injuries, fortunately!


Stats:
Human Druid; HP 3/9 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 13 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (Darkvision 60ft)
active magicks:
Spells per day 1st - 2/3

Sario uses the cover of buildings, ruins and other ... non natural obstacles to cover her as she makes her way from the now ruined park towards Defenders Heart. Sario searches in the buildings as she goes looking for anyone alive and for any supplies that she can find to carry with her.

survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 if your ok with me using it to find supplies.

Finding bodies of those who were slain in the initial onslaught or crushed by building being destroyed, Sario does what she can to bless the bodies to the Green Faith. She takes what supplies she finds, after rummaging through a Kitchen she hears a bang from one of the rooms.

Hello, is anyone there? Sario whispers.

The banging happens again, sounding like someone is trapped. Sario edges her way towards what may have once been a bed room, looking through the smashed door she notices a trunk with a stone on top of it. Sario edges a little closer and whispers at the lock of the trunk.

Is there someone in there? I won't hurt you, I was looking for survivors when I heard you. Sario eases the stone off of the top of the trunk and slowly opens the lid. Inside she finds 2 little children, a boy and girl both scared and bruised. She smiles down at them as the children give her a funny look. She gives her face and hair a pat, realizing then that she is covered still in dirt and sticks. Shaking her head out she picks the kids out and looks them over.

Guess your mom and dad musta thought you'd be safe in there eh? They were right, we can't stay here and must get to Defenders Heart. I will protect you, do you two want to come with me?


F Halfling Urban Barbarian | HP 18/25 | AC17 (T15 FF13) CMD15 | F+6 R+5 W+2(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +8 |

Kenabres, Gate District - Defender's Heart

Iomenna wrote:
"I'm afraid not and I can hardly bring myself to go anywhere close to the temples where we might find some. Come on, we should get to shelter. Looks like the Heart is still standing by some miracle."

"Inside? Yeah, that's a good idea." Her head seems to be clearing, bringing her closer to reality. She starts to turn around, and collapses, almost falling on her knife. "OW! My legs," she gasps, "my legs aren't working." She struggles into a sitting position, and looks out across the ruined landscape. "They're burning the fields. What are we going to eat?"

Silver Crusade

Kenabres, Gate District - Defender's Heart

Bahram is about to call out to the halfling bellow when he sees a rope emerge from a window beneath him, followed by two patrons from the night before. A quiet man he recognized but knew nothing about then the pious paladin.

Realizing he was surrounded by unknowns in a hostile city, Bahram decides discretion may be the better form of valor. He lowers himself carefully over the edge of the roof and tries to quietly drop into the window the other two had just emerged from...

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

This done (hopefully?) he descends the rope as the others had done before him, drawing a dagger as he reaches the ground

"What going on? Talk slow. Are you friend or foe to little knife girl?"


Female Human Bloodrager (Steelblood, Celestial Bloodline) 2 (HP 11/22) | AC:14 | T:11 | FF:13 | cmd:15 | Fort +5 | Ref +1 | Will -2 | Init. +1 | Perc:+2 | Speed 30ft
Active Effects:
Bloodrage

Kenabres, Gate District - Defender's Heart

Iomenna reaches out to Kelly as she falls, hoping to save the halfling woman from the tumble, but she is too slow. As Kelly props herself up, Iomenna kneels down beside her and looks out toward the burning fields that have drawn Kelly's attention.

"I'm not sure what we'll have to eat, Kelly, but we'll figure something out. I'm sure there are plenty of places around that had stores of dry goods that we might use. For the time being, we'll just have to be smart about it. We'll have to ration, make sure we use any food that could spoil first..." She slowly trails off as she begins to consider the list of needs she and the few other survivors will have to meet in order to survive this.

Suddenly, a voice calls out from behind her. She stands, turning on the spot as her hand instinctively reaches for the broken sword at her hip. She sees a man dressed in exotic attire and holding a dagger in his hand.

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

Iomenna is unsure of the man's intentions, but has no wish to get into a fight, not after all the bloodshed of the previous night. She takes her hand from the sword's hilt and raises both hands in a sign of nonaggression, trying to demonstrate her willingness to resolve the issue peacefully. "Put down your weapon, Ser! We are not your enemy, and Kelly is a friend of ours. I am Iomenna bet-Melkiel, a daughter of the Inheritor, and this is Arthur Murkwood, a scholar in service to the crusades. We spotted our friend here from the window and wanted to help her. Please, we are trying to help her back to the Defender's Heart for shelter. Will you help us?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc
vitals:
Hp:15/15(rage:17/17) AC:16(rage:14) =(+1dex,+5 scale mail)
Barbarian(Scared Rager) 1
stats:
BaB=1 fort:5 refl:1 will:0(rage:+2)

Kenabres, stables

Dragz Moans as the blade comes out his back, and he downs the potion
assuming it's CLW cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
once he does, his wounds seam to have completely disappeared. he turns to Ik-ha-Thruun. okay, looters? now where is my ax? ...

Dragz picks up the green dagger, being careful not to handle it like a weapon in case it be cursed. he feels like it my be important. he puts it into a bag on his belt.

I have a good idea of what the metal is, I'm holding on to it to get it identified

once that is done, he pulls out his signal horn, a long goat horn curved around nearly twice. with his mighty lungs he blows the signal horn, so he can let everyone in town know that there are still surviving adventurers.

The Horn Has a deep bass tone
DC 0 perception up to half a mile away


Female Half-elf (drow-descended) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 1:
| HP 13/13 | AC 18, touch 12, flat- footed 16 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | immune to sleep | CMB +3 CMD 15| Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft. (light blindness); Perception +4 | Active conditions: none

Kenabres, Gate District - Temple of Sarenrae

Losvarlinth blinks away the tears from her eyes and slides her tinted goggles over her eyes. Still seeing afterimages, she picks her way through the rubble of the temple looking for other survivors who may need assistance.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male Kyton-Blooded Tiefling Archivist Bard 1

Kenabres, Gate District - Defender's Heart

Arthur lets Iomenna do the talking as a dagger-wielding Keleshite appears behind them. His attention turns to Kelly, however, as she looks to the sky.

"They're burning the fields. What are we going to eat?" Her voice echoing the fear in Arthur's own mind.

He places a hand on Kelly's back to help stabilize her and turns to face the two humans.

"I think that is a more pressing issue" Arthur points away from the city where columns of smoke rise above the walls. "We need to get inside the Defender's Heart. Food is scarce now. That will likely lead whatever survivors are left to raid and loot what they can. Also, knowing what I do of Demons, there are almost certainly stragglers around picking off the living. I think our best bet now is to stay inside and-"

A loud, low rumble interrupts Arthur and his eyes grow wide. "I'm not sure what that was, but I doubt it's friendly, let's go."

1 to 50 of 863 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wardens of the Righteous All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.