Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

War of the Beasts Part 2 - Howling of the Winds (Inactive)

Game Master Deiros


101 to 150 of 869 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Caller 2

Bisaiden climbs to the top of a house with his brother, Vance, and positions himself to have an eye on Lindynt.

His jaw slacks as Akela comes rushing through the gore, spinning around and pulling his weapon.

"The beastmen approach, Caller. Ready yourself." Jasifaxil says, his voice thick like the dull roar of the ocean. "Do not forget their faces. Take your revenge."

Bisaiden looks down to his eidolon and gives a curt nod before looking to Vance. "Are you prepared, little brother?"


M Romandan Human Templar 3

Alaire stomps heavily, the breastplate clinking, as he takes a place at Lindynt's side. He pauses once there, taking a few moments to catch his breath and scan the line of foes approaching. Already noting that Zerig has gone off to do his own thing, he steadies himself and readies his blade. He offers the mounted knight a salute with his sword before turning back to the approaching foes, "Let us avenge those that have had their lives stolen so callously this day. I am Alaire of the Noble House of Ravness at thy service.".


HP 23/23, AC 12, CMD 13, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4, Init +3, Per -1 Current Spells:
Bisaiden Lodune wrote:


Bisaiden looks down to his eidolon and gives a curt nod before looking to Vance. "Are you prepared, little brother?"

Vance steadies himself on the roof and sights toward the noise. He whispers something under his breath causing the runes on the barrel of his old pistol to flare and light.

"I am now."

Casting True Strike

Cheliax

GM W.R. Monger

The first thing that comes out of the forest seconds later are dogs with a couple of kobolds close behind.

You get a free surprise round dear players enjoy they don't expect your company except that of the druid they are hunting like a wild animal

There is a total of 10 Kobold Dogs (medium size animals) with 9 kobolds behind them armed with leather armor, (6)spears and (2)bows. One of them stands out as he is carrying a sword to big for his size and a chain shirt.


Human Blue Mage 4

Warriors, I can use my magic to slow their advance. I will wait for your signal.

Readying Entangle until they come within bow range.


Male Human Caller 2

Bisaiden will summon a Celestial Riding Dog when anything gets within 25' of him. (Standard action, duration 2 minutes, Augment Summoning)


Alaire studies the enemy forces with a critical eye as he prepares a spell in his mind. He vowed to put the fear of death into the largest and strongest looking of them...

Once within range Alaire will cast Cause Fear on the kobold with the large sword and chainmail (DC 16 Will Save)


Lindynt looks down to the templar at his side as he shifts his lance into his left hand and slides a javelin from a leather loop at the small of his back with his right.

Knowledge(Nobility)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"I am Lindynt Auroral of the Fenrisian Knights and it would be an honor to fight at your side, my lord." His voice is calm even as the Beastmen war party draws closer. "It would seem the stars have gathered our people together at the scene of this wicked atrocity to right the wrongs of these honorless creatures." With that, he spins the javelin gracefully over his knuckles and hurls it at the nearest oncoming monster.

Readied action (if they're further than 30ft away, otherwise standard attack) to throw javelin at the nearest possible enemy

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


HP 23/23, AC 12, CMD 13, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4, Init +3, Per -1 Current Spells:

Vance watches them come, scanning their ranks and letting out half a breath as he sights down his arm. "You." he whispers to himself when he finds the first armed with a bow. "You die first."

1d20 + 25 ⇒ (16) + 25 = 41

1d10 ⇒ 5

how far away are they?


Male Human Caller 2

Continuing previous post.

When summoned, the animal gets an action. The celestial riding dog will attack the enemy he is summoned adjacent to (doesn't matter which).

Celestial Riding Dog 1 (HP 17/17, AC 13)
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 vs. flat-footed AC (since they haven't acted yet)
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Trip Attempt (if attack is successful): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 vs. Combat Maneuver Defense (minus dexterity bonus because it's flat-footed)


Male Romandan, Human Ninja/2

Zerig stays hidden near Lindyt and Alaire and awaits an opportunity to present itself.

Cheliax

GM W.R. Monger

They are well within bow range Akela. They dogs are about 60ft and the kobolds about 70ft they are a bit slower. Akela made a run for it to reach you guys and they are running behind him

So just post your initiative so i know them ^^


I had a readied action but I'd imagine I could hit one of those dogs if they're 60ft away. So for the surprise round I'll throw a javelin.

Passive Initiative: 11


M Romandan Human Templar 3

Passive Initiative: 13

Alaire will still cast the spell once the one kobold is within range.


Male Romandan, Human Ninja/2

Passive initiative: 14


Male Human Fighter 2

Init 14

"Easy, fellows. We'll hold them right here. We've got walls to keep on our backs and alleys to choke off their assault."

Jager plants his feet, ready to take the first wave.

Readying an attack against the first baddie in reach.

Cheliax

GM W.R. Monger

So then, for a free surprise round and knowing the distance I need your actions now since I suppose some will change.


Human Blue Mage 4

Passive Initiative 12

Still going to entangle, tapping a ley line for +1 CL


HP 23/23, AC 12, CMD 13, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4, Init +3, Per -1 Current Spells:

Init 13

Cheliax

GM W.R. Monger

Surprise Round

Jager: "Easy, fellows. We'll hold them right here. We've got walls to keep on our backs and alleys to choke off their assault." as he takes a fighting pose waiting for the enemy to close in.

Zerig is nowhere to be seen but you know he must be ready to ambush the kobolds when they approach.

Alaire begins chanting in a strange language making the well armed kobold pale, his face disfiguring into what looks like he has seen the dept of hell turning tail and running for his life.

Vance mutters to himself some words and then the sudden explosion of gunpowder and an archer falls not knowing what happen just looking at a whole in his chest he can see through.

Akela urges the power of nature to do his bidding making vines come out of the ground to hold his enemies. Howls of dogs as they are trapped in the vines and a kobold is buried underneath them, allowing a lucky dog to bearly escape growling with anger.

Bisaden draws a magical circle in midair with arcane sigils in a few seconds showing mastery and well practiced art of calling creatures to this world as a war hound comes out of the circle rushing in to kill the dog that escaped the magical vines grabbing it by surprise ripping his neck open, knocking it to the ground still alive and it continues it's relentless attack.

Lyndit picks his target from the kobolds and throws his javeline falling a bit short and missing his target.

Kobolds move for cover as best they can leaving the rest of the dogs race towards their enemies.

Surprise Round tally

Spoiler:

1 Kobold dead
1 Kobold miniboss fled
1 dog 2Hp left
3 entangled dogs
1 Kobold entangled & prone
6 dogs closing in
6 kobolds take cover/use forest to advance

I rolled the attack for Lyndit since he didn't roll it when saying he was using his javeline sorry I missed. This is how I work out the round actions I get yours and then add the NPC actions if you share Initiative like the kobold miniboss and Alaire PC have priority (you are heroes after all) then the NPC unless he is a important npc it will be resolved at the same time.
3 dogs entangled


I rolled attack and damage for the attack a few posts up, #108. No biggie.

ROUND 1 INIT 11

Status:

HP: 20/20
AC: 17 (15 charging)
CMD: 18
Saves: 5/1/1
Speed: 35ft (30ft ground)
Status: Mounted
Abilities: Challenge [1/day]; Mounted Combat [Ride: +6]
Equipped: Lance (10ft reach)
Conditions:
base +6/+6, mounted(higher ground) +1/-, Brave +1/+1, Power Attack -1/+3, Charge +2/Lance +1d8/AC-2; Total: +7/+8

Lindynt pulls the reins at Sylvie's beak and sets off upon the kobolds with his lance in hand. As he rides he pulls the great spear to the side and wit both hands thrusts it at one of the dogs at he charges down in pursuit of the fleeing leader.

Full Round action to Charge at up to 70ft
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Damage: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (7, 2) + 10 = 19


HP 23/23, AC 12, CMD 13, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4, Init +3, Per -1 Current Spells:

Vance reloads and sights in on the other archer. "...and now you."

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 touch attack if they've moved within 40~

1d10 ⇒ 8


Male Human Caller 2

Passive Initiative: 18

Bisaiden smiles as his celestial minion cuts into the dog. He turns to Jasifaxil. "I'll call on you soon." Cutting his hand through the air he dismisses the eidolon, who pops out of existence with a small snap and a spray of salty water.

On the battlefield, the celestial dog continues its attack.

Summons:
Celestial Riding Dog 1 (HP 17/17, AC 13)

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 vs. AC (-4 AC from prone)
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 vs. CMD (if it's standing again)

Attack of Opportunity, Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 vs. AC (when it stands up)
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 vs. CMD


M Romandan Human Templar 3

Passive Initiative: 13

Alaire grins to himself for a moment before calling loudly, "Come then to thy deaths! Thy leader has seen what awaits you!". He starts moving forward to engage the foes, shield at the ready and fighting in a defensive manner (rather clumsily at that) with so many foes.

Move Action: Move Closer to Foes
Standard Action: Melee Attack (with fighting defensively) OR Hold Action for attack foe that moves into range

Melee Attack (Fighting Defensively +2 AC, -4 Attack): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Status:
HP: 20/20
AC: 21 (Currently Fighting Defensively +2 AC)
CMD: 14
Saves: 5/1/6
Speed: 20ft
Status: Fighting Defensively
Equipped: Bastard Sword


Human Blue Mage 4

Tapping again into the ley of the land, Akela summons an eagle to engage the entangled foes.
SNA I, Summoning Eagle 3-rounds
talons 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
talon Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4
bite damage 1d4 ⇒ 2

Cheliax

GM W.R. Monger

Dog attacks

Spoiler:

Charge vs. Alaire 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
If hit damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Trip 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Charge vs. Vance 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
If hit damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Trip 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Charge vs. Akela 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
If hit damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Trip 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Charge vs. Jager 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
If hit damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Trip 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Kobolds hide behind cover trying to not expose anything while one of them sounds a horn.


Male Human Caller 2

Vance and Bisaiden are on a rooftop, remember? Dogs shouldn't be able to charge either of us.

Cheliax

GM W.R. Monger

True I was thinking you took cover in the forest also, my mistake will just redirect them towards Akela instead of Vance and another one towards Lyindit instead of Bisaiden


Male Human Caller 2

So what was the result of this round of combat? Where any of our attacks successful? How are our enemies looking? How many enemies remain?


I'd like for my charge attack to be against the furthest possible enemy so that I can track down the leading kobold. Also, does anyone know offhand about mounted charge attacks and lances? The CRB says damage is doubled, is that rolled damage or total damage?

(Immediate Action) Mounted Combat (ride): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 vs Attack


Male Human Caller 2
Lindynt Auroral wrote:
I'd like for my charge attack to be against the furthest possible enemy so that I can track down the leading kobold. Also, does anyone know offhand about mounted charge attacks and lances? The CRB says damage is doubled, is that rolled damage or total damage?

It's double for any damage that would be multiplied on a critical hit. So everything but precision damage & elemental bonus damage.

Cheliax

GM W.R. Monger
Bisaiden Lodune wrote:
So what was the result of this round of combat? Where any of our attacks successful? How are our enemies looking? How many enemies remain?

Waiting for Zerig and jager to answer or I will DMNPC them for the round


Male Romandan, Human Ninja/2

Zerig slips in behind the dog Alaire is facing and slashes at the back of its neck.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage:1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (6) = 13Slashing


Male Human Fighter 2

Readied action triggers. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 251d10 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Initiative drops to doggie level.

If the puppy survives and I remember the rules right, I get an AoO for using a reach weapon.1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 121d10 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Cheliax

GM W.R. Monger

Oh dude you are cruel the puppy will survive but will be at a -1

Bisaiden "I'll call on you soon." as his serpentine creatures vanishes from existence, while his war hound finishes the job he started with butchering the dog.

With grace and guile Zerig appears from behind Alaire much to his surprise4 missing the beast by an inch.

Alaire As Alaire attempts to fend of the beast that assails him, it's attack is to relentless to do so "Come then to thy deaths! Thy leader has seen what awaits you!"

Vance Uttering the words "...and now you." as the roar from his gun is heard once more and another kobold falls holding his stomach.

Akela again ask for mother nature favors bringing forth an eagle to assail his enemies that fell in his magical trap, the eagle being a bit careful not to get entangled missing his targets.

Lyndit charges through the dog skewering it and braking the animal almost in half from the neck to the hind leg continuing not even flinching and continues to charge against his foes.

Kobolds that are left begin to flee for their lives knowing they got more than they wanted for as you listen only barks and whimpers

One of them stands and points at your direction
If you speak gnoll

Spoiler:
We will go to new great stone keep and then you will die

listening to what is a pitched laughter as they continue to leave.


M Romandan Human Templar 3

Assuming Zerig's attack did not connect? You didn't post anything about him above though which seemed odd.

Alaire, busy fending off the dog, makes no moves to chase the runners (nor does he speak gnoll). He focuses on the foe before him and brings his sword down, no longer fighting defensively while trying to finish the dog quickly with Zerig's help.

Move Action: 5 foot step into flank if not already
Standard Action: Swing sword, try kill the mutt

Melee Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Status:
HP: 20/20
AC: 19
CMD: 14
Saves: 5/1/6
Speed: 20ft
Status: Flanking with Zerig
Equipped: Bastard Sword, Heavy Shield, Breastplate


Male Romandan, Human Ninja/2

Zerig makes another slash at the dog and then stabs at its main organs.
Full round action: Full attack
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18
1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (5) = 10 Slashing

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21
1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (6) = 10 Piercing.

After the assault he flicks the blood off his blades with a flick of his wrists.


HP 23/23, AC 12, CMD 13, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4, Init +3, Per -1 Current Spells:

aiming at the talky one, trying to injure/hinder, not kill.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Human Blue Mage 4

And now to deal with the dog in front of me.
Scimitar- 2 handing 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
confirming 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 crit!
damage 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (1, 2) + 12 = 15


ROUND 2 INIT 11

Status:

Lindynt
HP: 20/20
AC: 16
CMD: 18
Saves: 5/1/1
Speed: 30ft
Status: Mounted
Abilities: Challenge [1/day]; Mounted Combat [Ride: +7]
Equipped: Lance (10ft reach)
Conditions:

Sylvie
HP: 24/24
AC: 15
CMD: 16
Saves: 5/4/2
Speed: 50ft (35ft w/ Lindynt)
Status:
Conditions:

base +6/+6, mounted +1/-, Brave +1/+1, Power Attack -1/+3, Charge +2/double damage; Total: +9/+10

Lindynt waves his lance in circular motion allowing all of the viscera left behind from the animal to fling off in all directions. Ignoring the ones left entangled in Akela's vines, he again makes his attack on the retreating kobolds. "What's the matter!? Were you expecting more defenseless woman and children to slaughter? Stand and fight you pathetic dogs!" Full Round action to charge up to 70ft. I'd like to get closer to the leader if possible.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage: 2d8 + 20 ⇒ (5, 3) + 20 = 28


Male Human Caller 2

Initiative 18

Bisaiden wordlessly summons a second celestial riding dog, and watches the two beasts attack.

I don't understand what's going on here or how many enemies remain, so just have the first dog move to the nearest enemy and the second summon adjacent to an enemy.

Summons:

Celestial Riding Dog 1 (HP 17/17, AC 13)
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 vs. AC
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Trip Attempt: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 vs. CMD (on successful bite)

Celestial Riding Dog 2 (HP 17/17, AC 13)
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 vs. AC
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Trip Attempt: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 vs. CMD (on successful bite)

Cheliax

GM W.R. Monger

there are creatures entangled but the rest are dead or running away

leader is long gone through the forest but if you can track him and move in a forest terrain you might catch him.

During this brief fight you notice something is a miss this creature are a bit weak to have gotten the best of the towns militia and whatever garrison there could be nearby from the lord ruling this town.


If that's the case, I won't bother running him down now. We may be able to track them later after going through the rubble.


Human Blue Mage 4

Standing over the bloody corpse, Akela howls skyward in victory, even as the Eagle continues to tear into the entangled foes.
talons 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
damage 1d4 ⇒ 3
damage 1d4 ⇒ 2

Cheliax

GM W.R. Monger

Well we could wrap up this fight it's pretty much done but will let you do the dice rolls if you like or I will let you take a narrative of your actions for the cinematic flare how you deal with the remaining enemies.

Remaining enemies

Spoiler:

1 Kobold injured
3 entangled dogs
1 Kobold entangled & prone
1 dog escaping
3 kobolds escaping through the forest


HP 23/23, AC 12, CMD 13, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4, Init +3, Per -1 Current Spells:

Which one was the one that spoke to us?


Lindynt turns Sylvie round to trot back to the vine sprung area of the battlefield. With his lance he helps to assist in executing the helpless enemies ensnared in the tendrils of the animated plants.

Cheliax

GM W.R. Monger
Vance Lodune wrote:
Which one was the one that spoke to us?

Injured one is the one you want

Edit: He is down and you can see him being left behind by the other kobolds a good 70ft away from your position maybe 20ft away from Lynd


HP 23/23, AC 12, CMD 13, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4, Init +3, Per -1 Current Spells:

Is it near us, or is it trying to escape?


M Romandan Human Templar 3

Alaire gestures to Zerig then moves in on the remaining enemies to aid Lindynt in cleaning up.

101 to 150 of 869 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / War of the Beasts Part 1- Crimson Snow All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.