Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Wandering GM's PF Sunless Citadel

Game Master TheWanderer123

A Pathfinder conversion of the Sunless Citadel module originally created for 3E.
House Rules
Oakhurst Info
Overland Map
Overhead Map
Citadel Map


451 to 500 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Human Male Unchained Rouge [HP 9/9] [AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD:12] [Init +2] [Fort +0 Ref +4 Will +1] [Perception +5]

"Blitz try touching the dragon." Julio says as he backs up to the wall near the locked door.


Blitz holds his torch to the fountain and the fire briefly races across the dried up scum and then extinguishes leaving an acrid stink in the air. He then holds it to the inscription to no apparent effect.


Male Sylph Swashbuckler (Courser) 1 HP 7/12 (8/11) | AC 16(15) (T 14(13), FF 12) | CMB +2, CMD 16(15) | F +1(0), R +5(4), W -1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' , Perception +3 Speed 30' (35'), Featherfall 1/1, Panache 2/2, Deeds, Conditions:None
Blitz Krieg wrote:

Though having no skills to help the present situation, Blitz takes a look around...

[dice=PERC]1d20+ 3

(I believe the result of that Perception check result was about a 4)

Blitz looks at Julio, puzzled. He then follows the rogue's line of sight to the relief carved in the fountain.

"Uhh, yeah...that actually sounds reasonable!"

He then (relights the torch if Julio did not speak up before he extinguished it, and) holds the torch to the mouth of the dragon carving.


Male Human Slayer 1 | HP: 4/13 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Intimidate +5 | Speed 20 ft. | Chakram 5/5

While the others experiment on the door and fountain, Savien moves with his torch up to the unusual hallway ahead, hopefully lighting the path. It's the most likely place they would be met with foes and the guardsman doesn't like being caught flat-footed. It also manages to put him farther away from the fountain.

Blitz better not light us all on fire with that thing.


Blitz holds the torch up to the dragon's mouth...and a line of flame races into the mouth, and then extinguishes to no apparent effect.

To be clear on the description here, if the fountain was to begin working, whatever flows/flowed in the fountain would come out of the dragon's mouth, pool in a small upper area, and then drip into the lower basin.

Savien moves forward another 20 feet or so and finds another open area, with a wooden door leading to the west. In addition, the hallway continues ahead and Savien can make out what looks like steel barred holding cells lining both sides.


HP 7/10, AC 16, FF 14, Touch 12, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Blessings 3/3

Akula put his hand on the door. A gentle blue energy surged.

Spontaneous casting Cure Light Wounds. If the door isn't a valid target the charge will just be held.


Akula:
When you first started understanding the powers that Gozreh bestowed upon you, like many young priests you tried many things to feel the extent of your strength. On one occasion, you felt what it was like to try to cast a healing spell on an inanimate object. You remember how lifeless the object felt during the moment of the spell and how it just made intuitive sense that these things do not go together. This is kind of like that...but not really. You are not able to complete the casting of the spell but it also feels different from a completely inanimate object. As your focus fades, you sense a feeling of undeath emanating from the door.

To be clear, I won't charge you the spell slot for trying that

As the rest of the party watches Akula approach the door, they see a faint blue energy that quickly dissipates. Nothing else apparently happens.


Male Sylph Swashbuckler (Courser) 1 HP 7/12 (8/11) | AC 16(15) (T 14(13), FF 12) | CMB +2, CMD 16(15) | F +1(0), R +5(4), W -1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' , Perception +3 Speed 30' (35'), Featherfall 1/1, Panache 2/2, Deeds, Conditions:None

Although disappointed that Akula's attempt did not progress the party's situation any further, a tiny part of Blitz's innate manhood breathes a sigh of relief that he isn't the only ineffectual member.

"This place is clearly broken!"


HP 7/10, AC 16, FF 14, Touch 12, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Blessings 3/3

My suspicion is that the door requires Channel Energy to open, but I can't do that for another few levels. I guess we have to come back to this.

Akula looked at the door for a few more monents, then walked to the fountain.

Going to try Create Water here and see what happens.


Male Human Slayer 1 | HP: 4/13 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Intimidate +5 | Speed 20 ft. | Chakram 5/5

Cure spells can damage undead if that's what we're looking for.

While the others continue their experiments, Savien, bored, creeps cautiously forward and peers into the first couple of cells.

I'm just as likely to die waiting around for them to accidentally blow that room up as anything else. Might as well explore a little.


Blitz is starting to get a little frustrated at the lack of progress. Meanwhile, Akula turns to the other side of the room, gestures and begins filling the fountain with water. There is a certain elegance to the design, now that it is flowing and lit by torchlight. That said, there doesn't seem to be anything else to glean from it this way.

Savien begins creeping forward.

Stealth, How quiet is he?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
I lost track of what armor you are wearing. So I'm just assuming it's the scale mail you have on your sheet

The iron barred doors of the first two cells are more or less opposite each other. Both are currently closed. Peering into each of them with your torch reveals little. The cell to the right (east) is partially collapsed along the back wall. The dust on the floor looks mostly undisturbed. The cell on the left is empty except what looks like small pebbles along the floor.

Perception, Does Savien hear them coming?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

GM Rolls:

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

From straight ahead, Savien hears the squeak of iron hinges along both sides of the hall. He looks up to see four sets of eyes staring at him from the depth of the edges of the cells ahead.

OK. We are going into combat here. If it wasn't for the worst piece of rolling I've had in a while, Savien would have been totally caught off guard. I'll have maps and more to post up later.


Initiative!:

Savien: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Akula: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Julio: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Sureliah: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Melaphisto: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Blitz: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Meepo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Pink: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

They got an average of 16...I'm feeling nice so I'll let Julio and Akula act first. The map is updated, Savien looks all by himself up there...I have Julio, Savien and Blitz all with light sources.

Pre-Round 1 (Julio and Akula) Fight!


HP 7/10, AC 16, FF 14, Touch 12, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Blessings 3/3

I'm assuming this is a surprise round, so partial actions only, right?

Something in the air pricked Akula's senses, he glanced around seeing nothing. He had learned to trust where the wind guided him though, so he drew back his bow and waited.

Readied action, shoot first visible enemy. I've 5' adjusted to see down the hall. The enemy is currently just out of range of my darkvision, but if they move adjacent to Savien I'll see them and my readied action will trigger before they are able to strike (so they won't be in melee yet, but might still have soft cover from Savien).

Longbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


No, you can do full round actions. The way I learned how to do group initiative is that if any of the party has a particularly fast initiative, but the rest are slow, you reward the quick ones with a little bonus first round activity. I'll let you move up the hallway...but not re-roll that attack.


HP 7/10, AC 16, FF 14, Touch 12, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Blessings 3/3

Alright, I've moved myself on the map. Consider the shot taken (and probably missed)


Akula instinctually feels the danger coming, even before Savien realizes what is happening. His shot skips off the wall near one of the rats and continues up the hall.

The fight is on.


Male Human Slayer 1 | HP: 4/13 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Intimidate +5 | Speed 20 ft. | Chakram 5/5

The guardsman's practiced reflexes kick in as he drops the torch and brings his polearm to bear in the blink of an eye.

S!+*...

Free Action to drop the torch. Then wait for my turn :P

AoOs:
Lucerne Hammer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20Budgeoning Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Lucerne Hammer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12Budgeoning Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Lucerne Hammer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20Budgeoning Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Human Male Unchained Rouge [HP 9/9] [AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD:12] [Init +2] [Fort +0 Ref +4 Will +1] [Perception +5]

Julio draws his weapon but only advances far enough to see that is going on. "Stick close to me Meepo. Our brave companions are better suited to deal with these vermin."


Julio begins moving up the hallway, trying to reassure your kobold companion.

It didn't look like you moved yourself on the map at all so I moved you up minimally to where I thought you'd be able to see...something.

Savien begins reacting, dropping his torch...but as it is falling...
Round 1, Bad Guys
The first rat runs up from the right and takes a bite...
Red Rat Bites: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
It momentarily latches onto Savien's pant leg but doesn't seem to penetrate the hardened leather.

Another rat attacks from the left, trying to confuse the human with a flanking attack...
Green Rat Bites w/ flanking: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Ouch!: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Is it infected?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Nope!

Still another rat charges forward from deeper down the hall on the left. It lunges, mouth open at Savien's midsection...
Blue Rat Charging Bite!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
...mistiming its jump and instead colliding head first with Savien's thigh.

The final rat also charges ahead, right on the tail of the one in front of it...
Pink Rat thinks it is better at charging!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
...but stumbles a foot away from Savien and ends up with a mouthful of his boot.

That could have gone much worse for Savien!

Round 1, Good Guys


HP 7/10, AC 16, FF 14, Touch 12, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Blessings 3/3

GM, it looks like you forgot to factor in Savien's AoOs


Male Sylph Swashbuckler (Courser) 1 HP 7/12 (8/11) | AC 16(15) (T 14(13), FF 12) | CMB +2, CMD 16(15) | F +1(0), R +5(4), W -1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' , Perception +3 Speed 30' (35'), Featherfall 1/1, Panache 2/2, Deeds, Conditions:None
Akula the Herald wrote:
GM, it looks like you forgot to factor in Savien's AoOs

*cough *cough...discussion page ...


Blitz Krieg wrote:
Akula the Herald wrote:
GM, it looks like you forgot to factor in Savien's AoOs
*cough *cough...discussion page ...

Indeed, it's partially explained there. Basically he can't swing his hammer one handed so he can't get the AoO's off. Sorry for the confusion.


Male Sylph Swashbuckler (Courser) 1 HP 7/12 (8/11) | AC 16(15) (T 14(13), FF 12) | CMB +2, CMD 16(15) | F +1(0), R +5(4), W -1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' , Perception +3 Speed 30' (35'), Featherfall 1/1, Panache 2/2, Deeds, Conditions:None

"Rats...why did it have to be rats?"

Blitz almost hesitates. then a jolt hits him as he realizes something that could be construed from what Julio said earlier,

Julio wrote:

"Blitz try touching the dragon."

If the imminent danger threatening Savien wasn't enough to spur him into action, the resulting confusion from the earlier remark is.

FREE ACTION Blitz looks at Julio rather strangely, He then advances into the corridor.


Male Human Slayer 1 | HP: 4/13 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Intimidate +5 | Speed 20 ft. | Chakram 5/5

Savien scowls and drops the torch immediately. Ignoring the fresh wound on his ankle, he takes a step back and swings at one of the rats, connecting with a solid *scrunch* sound.

Free Action: Drop Torch, Free Action: 5ft step, Move Action: Studied Target on Red, Standard Action: Attack Red.

Lucerne Hammer Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26Bludgeoning Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Not gonna bother confirming that...


Human Male Unchained Rouge [HP 9/9] [AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD:12] [Init +2] [Fort +0 Ref +4 Will +1] [Perception +5]

Julio comments,"Well Meepo, it looks like your tribe will be eating well tonight."


HP 7/10, AC 16, FF 14, Touch 12, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Blessings 3/3

Thanks for the prompt, Savien. Since I didn't see actions from Sureliah and Co. it hadn't sunk in that we were onto a new round.

Akula walked forward at a measured pace, firing again, and missing again.

Longbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Dark Archive

Female Elf Sommoner(Unchained) 1
Vitals:
HP:8/8 AC:16 =10+(3armor,3Dex,) BAB:0 CMB:+0 CMD:13 Fort:0 Refl:3 Will:2 Speed:35ft Init:+3 SM:6/5
Status: Detect Magic(constant),

Looks like I might be able to jump back I to the Frey! Sureliah Commands Melaphisto to attack, Casting a spell to shoot one of the rats with acid, Whichever is closest
Acid Splash: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Melaphisto lurches forward, tentacles writhing as they lash forward!Tentacle attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
He then brings his arm around to attack as well.Slam(secondary): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Damage (tentacles): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage (Slam): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Blitz begins moving forward and finds his mind wandering.

Savien lets loose a powerful swing with his hammer, smashing a rat's head into a bloody pulp.

Julio provides commentary from his position in the rear while Akula pushes forward firing again into the room beyond the rats.

Sureliah shoves Melaphisto forward. Unfortunately he is not quite able to get to the rats to make his mark. Likewise Sureliah can't quite get into range for her spell.

Because you were so far out of range, I changed your turn to a double move for both Sureliah and Melaphisto.

Meepo also moves up the hallway. "These are big rats, Julio. Kobolds will only eat well if we leave them leftovers!" He begins to slow and mutters a cantrip, gesturing up the hall. A glowing green glob leaves his hand, gliding between Melaphisto and Akula.

Acid Splash, The rat won't see this coming!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Unfortunately, while the rat didn't see the acid coming, the presence of two burly fighters makes it a bit too small of a target to hit.

Round 2, Bad Guys
The rat in front of Savien screeches, rises up on his hind legs and tries to bury its teeth in Savien's leg.

Green, Does this human taste good?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

...the spray of blood from the side distracts the rat and it ends up mistiming its bite.

The next rat steps forward and lunges at Savien's ankle.

Blue, Watch how you bite intruders!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Tastes great!: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Pass

The final rat moves forward, sits up on its haunches and sinks its teeth into Akula's arm.
Pink, Mmm, green meat!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Tastes like chicken!: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Pass

Round 2, Good Guys!


Male Human Slayer 1 | HP: 4/13 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Intimidate +5 | Speed 20 ft. | Chakram 5/5

Savien takes a step back with a scowl and takes another swing.

"Damned rats bit through my damned armor!"

5ft-step back. Studied Target on Green and then attack Green.

Lucerne Hammer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Anyone willing to help Savien switch to his heavier armor after this? lol


Male Sylph Swashbuckler (Courser) 1 HP 7/12 (8/11) | AC 16(15) (T 14(13), FF 12) | CMB +2, CMD 16(15) | F +1(0), R +5(4), W -1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' , Perception +3 Speed 30' (35'), Featherfall 1/1, Panache 2/2, Deeds, Conditions:None

Blitz swallows his apprehension of contracting filth fever again, steps up, and takes a swing at a BLUE rat with the short sword.

S.Sword/SwashFin(+2)/BAB+1/flanking: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 9
DMG: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

And misses heroically!

AWWWWWWW Dammit! Here we go again! Current AC 16= -1 ability DMG/+1 Scizore shield bonus

"Since damned rats seem to be so good at biting through damned armor, I think you should try wearing blessed armor!"


Savien brutally dispatches another rat while Blitz is still trying too hard to impress his new companions.

Seriously, Blitz, I'm not sure you have hit anything yet. You have had some truly impressive misses.

Still waiting on Sureliah, Akula, and Julio


Human Male Unchained Rouge [HP 9/9] [AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD:12] [Init +2] [Fort +0 Ref +4 Will +1] [Perception +5]

Julio moves up closer to the party but is still standing in the back watching the rear (aka escape route).


HP 7/10, AC 16, FF 14, Touch 12, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Blessings 3/3

Akula dropped his bow and brought his axe down from over his shoulder.

Attack Pink: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 :(


Male Sylph Swashbuckler (Courser) 1 HP 7/12 (8/11) | AC 16(15) (T 14(13), FF 12) | CMB +2, CMD 16(15) | F +1(0), R +5(4), W -1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' , Perception +3 Speed 30' (35'), Featherfall 1/1, Panache 2/2, Deeds, Conditions:None
Wandering GM wrote:

Seriously, Blitz, I'm not sure you have hit anything yet. You have had some truly impressive misses.

Yes, I have rolled so many natural 1s with my PFS Alchemist with Bombs vs Touch, I am thinking about applying for a site-wide handicap on attack rolls...

Also, every time I attacked with Elemental Ray vs touch with my sorcerer on the 1 adventure I used him in...Miss! Every time.

Dark Archive

Female Elf Sommoner(Unchained) 1
Vitals:
HP:8/8 AC:16 =10+(3armor,3Dex,) BAB:0 CMB:+0 CMD:13 Fort:0 Refl:3 Will:2 Speed:35ft Init:+3 SM:6/5
Status: Detect Magic(constant),

Now that the two of them are in range(even if Sureliah could have fired her crossbow safely from 120ft) Sureliah loads her Crossbow and lifts it to shoot at her target again
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 however she doesn't seem to get a good shot off.

Melaphisto lunges forward to attack the same rat that blitz is going for, Attack(Slam): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9( moving any movement that needs done before the attack of course)


Julio moves up, keeping a close eye on the the party's rear since there really isn't much room from him up front anyway.

Meanwhile, Akula gives up on his bow (for now) and leaves a vicious gash spouting blood along his rat's right side. It stays on its feet though.

Sureliah fires off a shot with her crossbow but can't seem to draw a clean bead with all of the traffic in front of her. The party hears the bolt ricochet off a wall far ahead. She then directs Melaphisto forward, and the thing brings both hands down hard on the rat's head. It does not get up.

Meepo sees this happen and notes, "If your beast slams a rat that hard, its bones will shatter and it will be harder to cook without swallowing bone chips." He then casts a spell at the remaining rat.

Acid Splash, These big people need to get down!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

The blob of acid sizzles as it sears the hair off part of the rat's head.

Round 3, Bad Guy
The remaining rat lunges one last time at Akula.
Must...bite...: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Fort Save, Is that wound changing color?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
You are safe
And the rat slumps over unconscious, with its mouth still on Akula's right calf.

Yep, it had 0 HP before that last attack. And you are out of combat.


HP 7/10, AC 16, FF 14, Touch 12, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Blessings 3/3

Akula kicked his leg free of the rat and roughly stomped on it's head. Then he stowed his axe and retrieved his bow.

Either of the arrows I shot recoverable?


I was going to make you roll a d100 per the rules but, tbh, it's just a pain to keep track of that for standard ammo. Don't worry about it until and unless you get magic ammo.


Male Human Slayer 1 | HP: 4/13 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Intimidate +5 | Speed 20 ft. | Chakram 5/5

With a scowl, Savien sets his polearm to the side and throws down his pack.

"Yeah, yeah. I got my 'blessed' armor right in here. Here, help me put it on."

The guardsman pulls out a heavy set of shining scale-mail, barely worn. It's in much better condition than his well-used and now chewed leather. The only mark on it is the faded residue of paint from what might once have been a herald of some kind on the chest, scrubbed thoroughly off. It's hard to tell specifically what it once was, as faint as it is.

"I used to hate wearing this stuff. But I'd like to see rats try to bite through this."

Savien holds up the metal shin-plate with a grim smile.

It takes slightly over 4 minutes to switch armor assuming someone helps Savien.


Male Sylph Swashbuckler (Courser) 1 HP 7/12 (8/11) | AC 16(15) (T 14(13), FF 12) | CMB +2, CMD 16(15) | F +1(0), R +5(4), W -1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' , Perception +3 Speed 30' (35'), Featherfall 1/1, Panache 2/2, Deeds, Conditions:None

Blitz steps up and helps Savien into his armor, if only to feel useful at this point. He then searches the area.

PERC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Savien takes a moment to change into something a bit more sturdy. When the others hesitate to help, Meepo makes his way forward looking at the others as he passes them.

"Here you go big guy. I don't know why they aren't helping and I don't know how this stuff works but...Oh wait. I can't reach that spot between your shoulder blades...Can one of you guys get that strap?"

After a moment, Savien is again dressed.

Meepo casts Light on his dagger again, waves it up the hallway and looks at the group. "Well, should we keep going?" As he looks that way, he says, "Hey, is that a hole in the floor?" He does not move up the hallway to look though.

Dark Archive

Female Elf Sommoner(Unchained) 1
Vitals:
HP:8/8 AC:16 =10+(3armor,3Dex,) BAB:0 CMB:+0 CMD:13 Fort:0 Refl:3 Will:2 Speed:35ft Init:+3 SM:6/5
Status: Detect Magic(constant),

Sureliah moves to Melaphisto to check if he is hurt, when she finds he isn't she sighs. You know, those of you who don't like disease should let Melaphisto try to get the rats attacking him. If he suffers any wounds I could always heal him and disease isn't an issue, if he dies from it I can always summon him again and he'll be fine... she looks to the group

To be honest, Melaphisto would give his life a hundred times over if it came to protecting me... she says, smiling at her Eidolon, who only remains stoick as always.


HP 7/10, AC 16, FF 14, Touch 12, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Blessings 3/3

Akula was alerady moving with Meepo, checking the hole in the floor and the rest of the hall.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Akula moves down the hallway, peeking in the holding cells as he passes them. There are 6 in total, 3 on each side and each is empty except for various bits of rubble, especially along the eastern side where parts of the outer wall have collapsed. He gets to the end of the hall and finds that the hole is actually another pit trap that has been skillfully disabled with a spike. Furthermore, there is another pit just ahead and to the left, in front of a door on the western wall that has also been spiked open. Looking around the room, the only other thing of note is another fountain straight ahead against the wall. Its design is similar to the one you previously found. Meepo skips around the pit and looks at the fountain.

"This one says 'Let there be death' in Draconic. What do you think that means?"


Human Male Unchained Rouge [HP 9/9] [AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD:12] [Init +2] [Fort +0 Ref +4 Will +1] [Perception +5]

"I think it means we need to be cautious going forward."

Julio holds his light a little higher and raise the tip of his rapier to a more ready position.


HP 7/10, AC 16, FF 14, Touch 12, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Blessings 3/3

Akula grunted his agreement and continued moving forward.

Ranging out 30 feet ahead of the group, taking 10 on Stealth (17) Perception (19 with Guidance) and Survival (20). If anyone wants to give me an Aid with Perception to get it above 20, that'd be cool


Male Sylph Swashbuckler (Courser) 1 HP 7/12 (8/11) | AC 16(15) (T 14(13), FF 12) | CMB +2, CMD 16(15) | F +1(0), R +5(4), W -1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' , Perception +3 Speed 30' (35'), Featherfall 1/1, Panache 2/2, Deeds, Conditions:None

"Let there be death, eh?" Blitz refrains from putting a dead rat into the fountain.


The only way forward in this room is through the door...you want to go that way?


Male Human Slayer 1 | HP: 4/13 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Intimidate +5 | Speed 20 ft. | Chakram 5/5

The guardsman, in his heavier and much more obvious armor, picks up his pack and his polearm, leaving the sputtering torch behind on the ground. "Thanks... hey lizardman. Keep that light nearby, eh?" Savien gestures with both hands firmly holding his lucerne hammer and nods toward the torch as he leaves it behind.

Yes, open the door if we don't see any traps.


Savien edges around the pit in front of the door leading west, followed by Meepo.

"I really thought I'd be closer to the rear than the front", whispers the kobold.

As you approach the door, the light from Meepo's dagger makes it clear that the door is actually cracked open slightly. With his back to the jammed pit trap, Savien edges the door open.

The stench of rotting meat suffuses the air, rising from much-chewed carcasses of several cave rats, smaller vermin, and some suspiciously humanoid looking bodies. One body in particular appears more recent than the rest with armor still in reasonable shape and the glint of metal weaponry stuck beneath it. The cadavers lie upon a floor of filth, old bones, hair, and fur that combine to make a particularly large and vile nest. The northern wall is smashed, opening on rubble-strewn darkness.

Map updated but it isn't showing the disabled pit traps right now...I'll get that fixed.

451 to 500 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wandering GM's PF Sunless Citadel Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2018 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.