Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Wandering GM's PF Sunless Citadel

Game Master TheWanderer123

A Pathfinder conversion of the Sunless Citadel module originally created for 3E.
House Rules
Oakhurst Info
Overland Map
Overhead Map
Citadel Map


1 to 50 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Welcome to Oakhurst, your guide will be with you shortly.

Dark Archive

Female Elf Sommoner(Unchained) 1
Vitals:
HP:8/8 AC:16 =10+(3armor,3Dex,) BAB:0 CMB:+0 CMD:13 Fort:0 Refl:3 Will:2 Speed:35ft Init:+3 SM:6/5
Status: Detect Magic(constant),

DOT!!!!


Savien Calla:
You have been back in Oakhurst for a little over two years now. Despite the trying times that forced you to come home, you arrived in town with worldly experience and cash in your pocket. In the time since, you have been living at your childhood home (shack is probably a more accurate description) outside of town, coming into town to socialize (drink) at the Ol’ Boar Inn and working occasional caravan guard and other odd jobs as they come up. The problem there just isn’t enough to do here in town and that cash you arrived with is slowly drying up.

About two months ago, just as you were leaving on another one of Old Lady Hucrele’s caravan runs, you heard about an expedition that was being pulled together to finally explore some old ruins. What really stuck in your mind at the time was that the two promoters of the endeavor were the children of Old Lady Hucrele herself...and that you grew up with them...and that you doubted they could pull something like this off.

Now recently returned from the caravan run to Oppara, you find flyers about town advertising a meeting about the venture in the common room of the Ol’ Boar. Not only is the meeting tonight, but you just happen to be heading to the Ol’ Boar…

Akula the Herald:
The road has been kind to you. Weather has been clear and Gozreh’s signs continue to point in one direction. As night is beginning to fall, you feel a breeze followed by a short misting of rain. When you look up, there are no clouds in the sky. You keep walking, cresting a hill and come to see a town ahead of you. You know that you have arrived.

You enter the town and are somewhat surprised at the lack of notice that a lone half-orc stranger gets. Your feet take you deeper into the town and you wind up in front of a fairly large two story building with a sign outside marking it as the “Ol’ Boar Inn.” You follow a young man through the door to find a crowded common room. You recognize one face in the crowd. He was a Ghostspear. Is he the reason you are here?

Julio:
You still feel tired after your time on the road. You have been in this hole-in-the-wall inn in this hole-in-the-wall town for a week now. One thing is abundantly clear - Nothing happens here. It’s just another small town along a road full of small towns. At the same time, you feel almost stuck here. You don’t have the energy to leave. You don’t have the money to contemplate something else. You’ve been dicing with some of the locals here in the common room, and while it’s been fun, sadly it hasn’t been too profitable.

Not caring about the small town problems, you don’t notice until the common room fills up that tonight is different. Quite a few people are here tonight, many of whom you haven’t seen recently. If something is happening, maybe that means there is opportunity to be had after all.

Vak'rogh the Lost:
Welcome to Oakhurst you thought to yourself as you entered town. A few nights here and then move on...the big cities will have a need for one like me. The nagging feeling in the back of your head, though is saying that maybe the big cities won’t want one like you.

The human sitting across from you at the dice table is...I guess “pretty” is the right word. At the very least, he is different from the rest of the locals here. Julio...such strange names these people have. The dice fall again and you stare at them. They have fallen in numerical order and in a straight line pointing to the door to the inn. When you look at the door, a young human enters followed by a half-orc that looks vaguely familiar.

Sureliah Giladrian:
You arrived in Oakhurst a little over three months ago. Your parent’s had already arranged everything for your stay at Maude’s Boarding House. For the first couple of weeks, you mostly kept to yourself, getting used to your new life...and your new friend. Melaphisto is everything you imagined he would be. You also realize...how different he is. As a result, you have kept him secret from the town. Even that time when Maude heard the extra footsteps in your room and you had to quickly hide him...The thing that got you out of your room that first month was a pair of fun loving young humans. You could tell they came from a different class than the rest of this town. Your time with them was short however as they headed out of town on some adventure...it was enough to get you out of your room though and integrating with the rest of society.

You look out your window on the town below and notice a steady stream of people entering the Ol’ Boar next door. You remember that Mrs. Hucrele was hosting some sort of meeting and are surprised at all of the attention it is getting. You look back at Melaphisto, letting him know you will return soon, and head out to join the crowd.

Blitz Krieg:
Your head is still spinning from the events of the last week. Your mother is dead. Her murder will go unpunished...and you may not have heard the last of him. You are tired. You need to lie low. You need to keep moving. All of these things make sense, you just don’t know what to do next.

You sit in a dark corner of the Ol’ Boar Inn. You saw the signs for tonight’s meeting but did not expect the place to fill up like this. You’d guess, looking at the crowd that you are not the only visitor present. As you watch the door, a young elven woman with flaming red hair enters the room. It is shocking how different she is from everybody else here. You turn your head and notice an older woman has also made her way into the common room. Everybody seems to know her.

A large, well dressed woman with graying hair moves toward the hearth and announces, "Thank you for coming! As you can see we have a full house tonight. Please try to make your way into the room so that those outside can fit in. We will begin momentarily"

Feel free to interact...


Human Male Unchained Rouge [HP 9/9] [AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD:12] [Init +2] [Fort +0 Ref +4 Will +1] [Perception +5]

Julio notice the woman moving to the hearth and puts away his dice. Pulling out his come he runs it through is hair and then his mustache. He checks his outfit for stains and flicks off a couple of crumbs from is earlier meal.

Looking around he begins to notice that there is a large crowd gathered. Some that he has never seen in town before.

I wonder that is going on?

Dark Archive

Female Elf Sommoner(Unchained) 1
Vitals:
HP:8/8 AC:16 =10+(3armor,3Dex,) BAB:0 CMB:+0 CMD:13 Fort:0 Refl:3 Will:2 Speed:35ft Init:+3 SM:6/5
Status: Detect Magic(constant),

Would just like to remind you, if my Eidolon is summoned I have a glowing rune on my forehead, Assume then at present time that I am wearing a headband that conseals it.

Sureliah makes her way to the Ol'boar, walking through the door silently if she could, Although most would notice her easily, her flowing red hair and pure Ivory skin... Not to mention the beautiful robes she wore, held down by a leather vest and bracers. Her hair was held back by a black headband, neatly accenting her face. she glances about the room, shuffling her way over to the bar. Once she arrives she smiles at the bartender. Seems this gathering is getting a bit more attention than you thought, Eh Mrs Hucrele?


Male CN Half-orc Brawler (Snakebite Striker/Wild Child) 1 HP 9/13 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F +4, R +4, W +1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' (12 sq), Perception +7 | Speed 30' (6 sq) | Sneak attack +1d6, sacred touch, +2 atk AoO 1/day | Active Conditions: filth fever (1 passed save)

More than a little unsettled by finding a familiar face so soon away from the tribe, Vak'rogh tries to be a little subtle. Spirits, shield me. Already??!! He looks away, too quickly, and takes up the . . . "dice", a new word to him, to make another roll. Paying no attention to the result, he ensures that Kazh is still resting quietly beside the chair, and tries to recall the half-orc's name, and why he's so familiar.

Bluff (You totally didn't notice that. Right?): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8
Perception (Confirming those features . . . .): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Wisdom (Why am I supposed to remember him?): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Town guard didn't bat an eyelash as Kazh and I wandered in. And now another half-blood shows up -- the same day! --, and I could swear he recognizes me. Must not tell. Must. Not.

Vak finally looks at the cubes on the table, to find . . .

What'd I win?: 6d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 3, 5, 3, 5) = 27

. . . Julio swiping them up.

Hey! That twenty-seven was more than your twenty-one, pretty-man! What did I win?, calling after the quickly-escaping human.


Male CN Wolf (animal companion) | HP 14/14 | AC 14 (T 12, FF 12) | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F +5, R +5, W +1 | Initiative +6 | Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception +1, Survival +6 | Speed 50' (10 sq) | Bite +2 (1d6+1 plus trip) | Active Conditions: --

Sensing his companion's unnerved moment, Kazh moves to rest in an "upright" position, and, in what only the ungracious would call a "whine", hints that dinner should be imminent, tongue lolling.


Garon, the bartender smiles back at Sureliah and grabs her "usual" drink - a glass of the finest red wine the Ol' Boar has to offer - which doesn't really say much. The man backs off and allows Madame Kerowyn Hucrele to speak with Sureliah in relative privacy. Kerowyn is a relatively large woman - not fat, just big. She is extremely well dressed, with tasteful, yet expensive jewelry evident. Her graying hair is worn down and fashionably cut.

"My dear Sureliah, it has been some time since I have seen you." She looks around the room at the gathering crowd and frowns. "They are just looking to see the Great Madame Hucrele brought low."

She sighs and give Sureliah a long look, then moves on.

Sureliah:
Mrs. Hucrele is visibly upset.


Male Sylph Swashbuckler (Courser) 1 HP 7/12 (8/11) | AC 16(15) (T 14(13), FF 12) | CMB +2, CMD 16(15) | F +1(0), R +5(4), W -1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' , Perception +3 Speed 30' (35'), Featherfall 1/1, Panache 2/2, Deeds, Conditions:None

A sullen Sylph in a Lamellar Cuirass sits in a dark corner of the inn. Looking hard enough, you can tell that it probably isn't his normal humor. You can tell something has happened that wiped the smile off of his face-something big or recent...probably both. He is paying close attention to what is going on. You can tell he has purpose!

Dark Archive

Female Elf Sommoner(Unchained) 1
Vitals:
HP:8/8 AC:16 =10+(3armor,3Dex,) BAB:0 CMB:+0 CMD:13 Fort:0 Refl:3 Will:2 Speed:35ft Init:+3 SM:6/5
Status: Detect Magic(constant),

Sureliah sighs, taking the wine, sipping it gently.

She sits at her stool, looking around the room, making sure her headband is on properly. She looks about the room, most of the faces unfamiliar with her, but she does note the strange Half-orc and the Ruffian with the good looking hair and mustache.

As she sits she makes sure her connection with her Eidolon isn't fading, knowing that if he was too far he would feel weak...

Like a proper lady she waits for the men to come to her, knowing they inevitability will. For who wouldn't approach such a beautiful Rose sitting alone at the counter? Especially with all these outsiders around...


Human Male Unchained Rouge [HP 9/9] [AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD:12] [Init +2] [Fort +0 Ref +4 Will +1] [Perception +5]

Julio looks back at the big half-orc. "Your winning are there on the table my large friend but the game is over for now. It seems that there is going to be a meeting here tonight. Do you know anything about it?"

Two copper at still on the game. Julio is broke so it is only low-stakes games for him.


Male CN Half-orc Brawler (Snakebite Striker/Wild Child) 1 HP 9/13 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F +4, R +4, W +1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' (12 sq), Perception +7 | Speed 30' (6 sq) | Sneak attack +1d6, sacred touch, +2 atk AoO 1/day | Active Conditions: filth fever (1 passed save)

Vak snatches up the two coins and tucks them away as quick as may be. "Meeting"? I do not know this word, but I see it on the . . . pa-pers . . . papers beside the paths. Is that where the grey-heads gather to talk of great things? The mountain elders would hang green banners beside tents to call a council after the sun slept. Is this the same?

Idly, Vak'rogh scratches Kazh behind his ears to soothe the wolf. Meat soon, friend. Wait. As is his wont, though, Kazh jerks his head to nip none too lightly at the hand petting him, as though to say, Less noise. More food.

To be clear: I wasn't trying to win anything off of you, Julio -- I fully expected a well-worded dodge. But Vak will gladly pad his purse, as he knows the lowlanders are so fond of the metal discs. You can win it back anytime!


Male Sylph Swashbuckler (Courser) 1 HP 7/12 (8/11) | AC 16(15) (T 14(13), FF 12) | CMB +2, CMD 16(15) | F +1(0), R +5(4), W -1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' , Perception +3 Speed 30' (35'), Featherfall 1/1, Panache 2/2, Deeds, Conditions:None

Blitz sees Sureliah sitting at the counter. He isn't in the mood for trying to pick up anyone for a romantic jaunt, but he needs to start making connections in this area. Maybe among the men who start flocking around her he can find the right connections-knowing full well how equally capable women adventurers are...maybe she is the right one. He walks up to the counter and forces a smile and nods,

"Evening miss, may I buy you a drink?'

Dark Archive

Female Elf Sommoner(Unchained) 1
Vitals:
HP:8/8 AC:16 =10+(3armor,3Dex,) BAB:0 CMB:+0 CMD:13 Fort:0 Refl:3 Will:2 Speed:35ft Init:+3 SM:6/5
Status: Detect Magic(constant),

Sureliah looks to Blitz, No... she says, smiling with perfect white teeth. I'm afraid I have my own she holds up her glass, the wine spinning in the glass. Although, I haven't seen someone like you around, with your complexion that is... Your not human are you? she asks, once again sipping her drink. Your an interesting sight, me being excluded of course... One thing you can do for me is tell me what brings a strange man like you here?


Male Human Slayer 1 | HP: 4/13 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Intimidate +5 | Speed 20 ft. | Chakram 5/5

Sometimes you just need a place to sit and be sad. It's not that Savien is sad, necessarily. He's just not happy. It isn't the same. At least, that's what he tells himself. And it's not that there aren't people around to try and cheer him up. There are, and they do, and Savien plays along. No sense in being rude. Not really. And it's not that Savien doesn't have anything valuable to do with his life. Guard work is very respectable. He should be happy.

Shouldn't he?

So yeah, maybe he does want to sit and be sad. There are worse places than the Ol' Boar for that. Goran brings him his ale and leaves him alone and that's just fine by Savien.

As usual, the young guardsman is at the tavern early. He sits at his corner table, nursing his ale and thinking his thoughts as the crowd gathers in. It's not often that his tavern hosts a meeting like this.

Those kids probably got themselves killed.

It wouldn't be surprising. Someone probably should have tried to talk them out of it. The roads aren't even safe in these parts. And they wanted to explore ruins?

Savien's attention is drawn away from his internal monologue as the meeting draws in some very unusual-looking... people? The guardsman's hand instinctively goes to the dagger at his waist, where it rests for the time being.

Vak'rogh and Akula:
The tall human in the corner has been eyeing each of you intently since you walked in, his hand resting almost too casually on his weapon.


Male Sylph Swashbuckler (Courser) 1 HP 7/12 (8/11) | AC 16(15) (T 14(13), FF 12) | CMB +2, CMD 16(15) | F +1(0), R +5(4), W -1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' , Perception +3 Speed 30' (35'), Featherfall 1/1, Panache 2/2, Deeds, Conditions:None

Blitz ponders his answer for a moment, and then responds,
"My master's influence mostly...he heard there may be events unfolding here that may give me a chance to better myself. I haven't had much contact with others, and so he thinks I should shed my bonds of isolation and find some connections. This fledgling you see before you has come to learn how to fly."

He orders a drink and returns the query, "What is an enchanting lady such as yourself looking for in a place like this?"


Human Male Unchained Rouge [HP 9/9] [AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD:12] [Init +2] [Fort +0 Ref +4 Will +1] [Perception +5]

He turns back to Brawler and says, "That is correct but this council seems to be for anyone who can show up? I am interested in what they have to say and if there is a way to profit from it. My funds are short at the moment and I have a long way to travel yet."

"By the way my name is Julio. I lost my sir name when I lost my family. I may have some relatives north of here. I am heading that way to see if I can find them. In the meantime I am looking for some way to earn enough funds to make the trip. What brings you and your dog to this quaint little village?"

Dark Archive

Female Elf Sommoner(Unchained) 1
Vitals:
HP:8/8 AC:16 =10+(3armor,3Dex,) BAB:0 CMB:+0 CMD:13 Fort:0 Refl:3 Will:2 Speed:35ft Init:+3 SM:6/5
Status: Detect Magic(constant),

Sureliah sighs, Alas, I did not come of my own free will... My parents sent me here, thinking if I mingled with the humans and shorter lived races I would see the gifts that where given to me to be all the more valuable. I don't see what they ment, but being alone has given me perspective, and allowed me to perfect my art... she smiles, thinking about something...


Male Sylph Swashbuckler (Courser) 1 HP 7/12 (8/11) | AC 16(15) (T 14(13), FF 12) | CMB +2, CMD 16(15) | F +1(0), R +5(4), W -1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' , Perception +3 Speed 30' (35'), Featherfall 1/1, Panache 2/2, Deeds, Conditions:None

Feeling he has possibly found a kindred spirit, Blitz raises his glass to Surliah, "Well, then, here's to the influence of others, bringing together two birds of a similar feather! Blitz is the name, nice to make your acquaintance..."


Male CN Half-orc Brawler (Snakebite Striker/Wild Child) 1 HP 9/13 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F +4, R +4, W +1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' (12 sq), Perception +7 | Speed 30' (6 sq) | Sneak attack +1d6, sacred touch, +2 atk AoO 1/day | Active Conditions: filth fever (1 passed save)

. . . Kazh is a wolf, not a dog . . . though he acts like one, often. . . . . We're here because . . . because this is the first place we came to after leaving the mountains. No plan -- just traveling. There is some hesitation in the half-orc's words; it's clear that he has no idea about his future, his goals, in the broader scheme of life. But he is certainly aware of more immediate concerns: I would have a wash, and a meal, and the same for Kazh! At this, the wolf ducks its head and begins looking about for somewhere to hide, and takes a few steps toward the entry.

No, Kazh!! Heel! Vak'rogh barks, ready for the lupine antics. And the wolf resignedly returns to his place, a-quiver with dread.

I am Vak'rogh of the mountains. The name may be hard for you to say -- 'Vak' is good.

The heavily-framed warrior moves toward the bar, and waits to be granted the keeper's attention. Upon being acknowledged, Vak'rogh intones: I need food, and water to wash. For me and the wolf. How much? And here his graceless manner comes to the fore -- he stands a six-and-a-half-foot post, planted in the middle of conversations and comings-and-goings at the busiest point in the establishment, bearskin-clad and weighted down with weaponry and gear. It takes him a few moments to notice this, and he sidles toward a clearer spot along the service area, his eyes at once apologetic and mistrustful. Ever the rock in the path, Vak'rogh -- stub their toes and your own. Any wonder you have no people any longer?


Male CN Wolf (animal companion) | HP 14/14 | AC 14 (T 12, FF 12) | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F +5, R +5, W +1 | Initiative +6 | Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception +1, Survival +6 | Speed 50' (10 sq) | Bite +2 (1d6+1 plus trip) | Active Conditions: --

As he follows his lumbering friend closer to the smell of food, Kazh's belly growls audibly, and the thick-pelted beast plants a paw on Vak's leg, to look over the countertop for dinner.


Male Human Slayer 1 | HP: 4/13 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Intimidate +5 | Speed 20 ft. | Chakram 5/5

Savien sits in his corner, watching the room. The thin man seems to have not immediately struck out with the elf. Surprising. Also surprising that she isn't getting more attention. Strange company...

This really is quite the gathering. How far out did Old Lady Hucrele advertise? And what does she have in mind for this crowd?

Finally deciding that maybe he has a little bit of curiosity in him, the guardsman moves a bit closer. Leaning his back against the bar near the half-orc, Savien is casual, but careful not to get anywhere near the wolf.

He certainly looks dangerous... both of them do. Probably won't try to hurt anyone in here. Even counting their friend, they're a bit outnumbered.

Once Vak'rogh finishes his interaction with Goren, Savien looks sidelong over at him and decides to feel him out a bit,

"You take a wrong turn coming down the mountain? You know if you go the wrong way, you can turn around. We all get lost sometimes. No sense being stubborn about it."

Savien lets the tiniest smirk touch the corner of his mouth, though it doesn't go anywhere near his eyes.


Male CN Half-orc Brawler (Snakebite Striker/Wild Child) 1 HP 9/13 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F +4, R +4, W +1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' (12 sq), Perception +7 | Speed 30' (6 sq) | Sneak attack +1d6, sacred touch, +2 atk AoO 1/day | Active Conditions: filth fever (1 passed save)

Vak'rogh gives the man the side-eye, and then squares up, bracing him directly. Keep your funny words behind your teeth, human -- and that dagger in its sheath, too. I have no fight with you -- yet. No need to be mule-headed about leaving the shelter of your corner, while you worry of things not yours.

:D


Male CN Wolf (animal companion) | HP 14/14 | AC 14 (T 12, FF 12) | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F +5, R +5, W +1 | Initiative +6 | Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception +1, Survival +6 | Speed 50' (10 sq) | Bite +2 (1d6+1 plus trip) | Active Conditions: --

Kazh paws insistently at Vak'rogh's back, pulling his attention back to food. The wolf offers the jokester the briefest of "huffy" growls -- brief, muted, . . . and dismissive. Not stop meat-time, pink-skin!

Dark Archive

Female Elf Sommoner(Unchained) 1
Vitals:
HP:8/8 AC:16 =10+(3armor,3Dex,) BAB:0 CMB:+0 CMD:13 Fort:0 Refl:3 Will:2 Speed:35ft Init:+3 SM:6/5
Status: Detect Magic(constant),

Sureliah smiles, "My name is Sureliah, And nice to meet you, Blitz. Your one of the few men here who doesn't seem fully enamored with me, which brings me great pleasure. It gets upsetting when every man in the village wants to take you home..." she says, Scowling. "It's nice to just talk every now and then..."


Garon moves over to Vak, leans in and says,"Sorry, friend. Mrs. Hucrele has asked to shut down bar service for a bit so she can have her say. It shouldn't take long and right after that I can help get you whatever you need. For now...take this one the house." He slides a small glass of amber liquid to the half-orc.

With that, the large, late middle-aged woman is helped up onto a stool and holds up her hands. "Welcome everybody and thank you for coming. I'm sure you are all curious why I've asked you all to come. In a word...I need help." She pauses for a moment as the crowd quiets down. In general, all of the locals seem to be politely interested, although more than a couple wear the beginnings of a smirk on their faces.

"Three years ago, when our town was last under threat from the orcish hordes, we came together as a town to ensure that as a community we not only survived, but thrived. We need to come together as a community again. As most of you know, Talgen and Sharwyn left a couple of months ago with another pair of adventurers to investigate the old ruined citadel."

She pauses for a moment and looks over the crowd. "As some of you know, they have not yet returned. We need to find them."

With this, the crowd gets much louder. People are talking to each other and just talking back to Kerowyn Hucrele. Some are incredulous at being asked to help, some are saying it is suicide, and others are implying that it somehow "serves the Hucrele's right for the way they've lorded over town for so long.

"What I'd like to ask is for the town of Oakhurst to come together and mount an expedition to the ruins and find some sign of the four young adventurers. Many of you have children, I'm sure you can imagine what I am going through."

With that, the Ol' Boar starts emptying out. Many of the comments you hear as the crowd leaves are the same as before with more than a few sarcastic "Good Lucks" thrown in.

GM Rolls:

Sureliah: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Vak'rogh: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Savien: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Blitz: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Julio: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Akula: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Vak'rogh and Blitz:
You both notice a shabbily dressed human perked up when the conversation came to talk of the ruins


As the majority of the locals file out of the Ol' Boar, Kerowyn's shoulders slump, she looks down, and then climbs down from the chair. She turns her back to the departing crowd and puts her hands on the bar, head down. When she turns back around, her eyes are bloodshot and she seems to be specifically noting to each and every person who is walking out.

Making one more plea, she says, "Any of you who wish to help, please come talk with me..."

The last few words fade out...


Male Sylph Swashbuckler (Courser) 1 HP 7/12 (8/11) | AC 16(15) (T 14(13), FF 12) | CMB +2, CMD 16(15) | F +1(0), R +5(4), W -1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' , Perception +3 Speed 30' (35'), Featherfall 1/1, Panache 2/2, Deeds, Conditions:None

This is definitely the chance he has been looking for. Blitz downs the last of his drink and, not knowing how utterly cliche it is, slams the mug down on the counter. He steps forward, "It would be an honor to be at your service. My name is Blitz..."not wanting to bring his family name to light just yet..."...just Blitz."


Male CN Half-orc Brawler (Snakebite Striker/Wild Child) 1 HP 9/13 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F +4, R +4, W +1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' (12 sq), Perception +7 | Speed 30' (6 sq) | Sneak attack +1d6, sacred touch, +2 atk AoO 1/day | Active Conditions: filth fever (1 passed save)

As the large woman finishes her pleading, Vak addresses Garon. She has finished. And I have a hunger! I will find a . . . "food bench"; bring food. . . . . Please. Yes, that's their word for cloaked commands! "Please". Which is just a lie, covering up "I could make you do this thing, but don't make me waste the time." Strange folk. Even this human who think's he's funny was being . . . backward . . . with his jest. We'll find out if my metal is as welcome here as back in the mountains, though.

Heel. Vak turns to find a now-empty table at which to sit, the frustrated Kazh trotting along behind. He chooses a spot from which to keep an eye on the "Rag-man". Betrayed yourself. You know something the large woman would have interest in learning. I see you.

Surreptitious Positioning (Stealth): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Keep an eye on that one!" (Perception): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Vak will watch the shabbily-dressed individual, but will follow if the person leaves, taking advantage of Kazh's scent ability.

EDIT: Already the dice betray me. Curse you, algorithm!!!


Male Human Slayer 1 | HP: 4/13 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Intimidate +5 | Speed 20 ft. | Chakram 5/5

Happy to leave the half-orc alone for now, Savien takes a step away from him, though not large enough to be obvious or offensive. Hucrele was finally getting to the point, anyway. He's gonna have a rough time of it if it's that easy to turn him to threats. Savien smirks at the thought.

After the speech, the guardsman watches somberly as most of the people file out with their sarcastic remarks, a thoughtful expression on his face. I must be out of touch. I've always thought Hucrele was fair. So what if she's rich? She pays well enough.

Savien spends a long moment in thought as Kerowyn heads to the bar. Talgen and Sharwyn were always a bit thick, but they weren't so bad, really. I wonder what they did to turn everyone against them?

The guardsman carefully sidles over to Kerowyn with a sigh, a scowl returning to his face. His normal expression. "They're right. It is suicide. But I don't have much going on these days," he says sarcastically. "I'll go."

Savien leans in and speaks quietly, an intense expression on his face. "But look. This is going to be a lot more expensive than my typical guard job. And I'm not going alone. He seems eager enough." Savien gestures toward the thin man. "And you might be able to convince the savage to bring his dog. He seems like he needs a break from civilization anyway." Savien smirks for a second at that. "Get a couple of them and I'll go."

This isn't typical of Savien's relationship with Old Lady Hucrele, but this isn't a typical situation either. And Savien isn't about to go get himself killed for free.


True to his word, within minutes of the closure of the meeting. Garon is there, delivering food and drink to Vak and Kazh. The half-orc's mannerisms seem not to bother Garon at all. The meal consists of a steaming bowl of mixed beans and ground meet with a fairly spicy smell, a large tankard of ale. For the wolf he brings a small plate of strips of some sort of meat with a bowl of water.

Before leaving he says to Vak, "I know you mentioned washing. Will you be staying here or at Maude's? It may be better if you wash up in your room." He moves on to another table before Vak has a chance to answer.

Perception:
It is clear that the shabbily dressed man knows many of the people in the inn but does not seem to have too many close associations - if any at all. Just acquaintances. He is middle aged with black hair and a scar on his forehead. You think he may have been gambling at one of the other tables earlier with higher stakes.

Waiting to give others the chance to interact before Hucrele acts

Dark Archive

Female Elf Sommoner(Unchained) 1
Vitals:
HP:8/8 AC:16 =10+(3armor,3Dex,) BAB:0 CMB:+0 CMD:13 Fort:0 Refl:3 Will:2 Speed:35ft Init:+3 SM:6/5
Status: Detect Magic(constant),

Sureliah thinks for a moment, remembering something... She smiles, her face like a painting, where all you see is the beautiful skin and fair eyes. My lady, all you have been to me is kind... I see no reason I shouldn't give the same respect. she stands, I shall offer my help, or at least what little I can


HP 7/10, AC 16, FF 14, Touch 12, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Blessings 3/3

Didn't notice gameplay was up, got sick, and spent the last few days in and out of Nyquil-land. Thanks for the PM, GM.

The sturdy-looking orc who lurked int he entryway stood and watched the room for far longer than most would. He seemed out of place. His eyes scanned everything, not just the people or the empty seats. The walls, the ceiling beams, the cobwebs. All of it got the same mixture of wariness and interest of new discovery.

He didn't move until someone else came in behind him and jostled him out of the way.

He stepped into the light revealing clothing made of thick pelts, and arms and neck covered in ritualistic tatoos. A quiver full of arrows was on his back, but he carried no bow, only an axe and a large dagger at his belt.

He focused on another patron with orcish blood and started to move through the crowd, standing near just as the man and his wolf sat down.

"I would join you, Ghost Spear." His voice was almost impossibly deep, like distant thunder.


Male CN Half-orc Brawler (Snakebite Striker/Wild Child) 1 HP 9/13 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F +4, R +4, W +1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' (12 sq), Perception +7 | Speed 30' (6 sq) | Sneak attack +1d6, sacred touch, +2 atk AoO 1/day | Active Conditions: filth fever (1 passed save)

From his seat, Vak'rogh cuts his eyes up to the arriving half-orc. There are no Ghostspears here. I think you confused. With that, he turns back to his meal, and offers no more words.


Male CN Wolf (animal companion) | HP 14/14 | AC 14 (T 12, FF 12) | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F +5, R +5, W +1 | Initiative +6 | Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception +1, Survival +6 | Speed 50' (10 sq) | Bite +2 (1d6+1 plus trip) | Active Conditions: --

Kazh, meanwhile, is tearing into the supplied meat with gusto, looking as satisfied as a wolf may, indoors and surrounded by folk.


Human Male Unchained Rouge [HP 9/9] [AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD:12] [Init +2] [Fort +0 Ref +4 Will +1] [Perception +5]

Julio watches as the strangers join the noble quest. He figures there are enough now for him to join.

He approaches Mrs. Hucrele and offers her a clean handkerchief to dry her eyes.

"Madam, I would be glad go and look for your children. I too have lost loved ones and to this day wonder what happened to them. This towns cold response to your request for help is appalling. I have never seen so many turn away from I heartfelt request such as yours. We few strangers will prove to these cowards that no cry for help should go unanswered. When we return they will see that those who dare accept such a challenge are often rewarded for them."

Diplomancy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


HP 7/10, AC 16, FF 14, Touch 12, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Blessings 3/3

The half orc stood for a moment, wondering if he had misremembered.
"I may be. You look much like a youth I saw training with the Ghost Spears years ago."

He offered no apology, but obviously did not want to intrude on the other's meal and turned to leave.


Male CN Half-orc Brawler (Snakebite Striker/Wild Child) 1 HP 9/13 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F +4, R +4, W +1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' (12 sq), Perception +7 | Speed 30' (6 sq) | Sneak attack +1d6, sacred touch, +2 atk AoO 1/day | Active Conditions: filth fever (1 passed save)

Trained, yes. Accepted by the spirits? No.

Vak tries to keep the shabby man and the half-orc in view, to keep watch on the one, and to gauge reaction from the other.


HP 7/10, AC 16, FF 14, Touch 12, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Blessings 3/3

The orc stopped. "Spirits are fickle. Trained is enough. I am Akula. I believe I am supposed to ask for your help."

Vak'rogh and GM:

Akula is something of a minor legend among the tribes. Since you have Orc Lore as a skill, , you've probably heard most of the stories.

There's a lot of dissenting opinions about him, and theories as to why he left his tribe and where he went, but the gist of it is this: Akula was a prodigy of the Stormbringer tribe (one of the tribes the Ghost Spears guard). He finished his rights of passage and shamanistic tests with nearly unheard of ease, and then vanished before being sworn to his tribal chief. He hasn't been heard from since.

This would have happened about 3 years before Vak'rosh left.


Male CN Half-orc Brawler (Snakebite Striker/Wild Child) 1 HP 9/13 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F +4, R +4, W +1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' (12 sq), Perception +7 | Speed 30' (6 sq) | Sneak attack +1d6, sacred touch, +2 atk AoO 1/day | Active Conditions: filth fever (1 passed save)

Lore (orc history): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Так вы той, які выклікаў ўсю гэтую мітусню, пакуль я быў на гары старажытных у чацвёрты раз?

Orcish/Belarusian:
So you're the one that caused all that fuss while I was up on the mountain of the ancients for the fourth time?

That's what a post would be like using the language protocols from the other PbP I am in. What say you, Jon?


HP 7/10, AC 16, FF 14, Touch 12, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Blessings 3/3

Akula raised an eyebrow. "Am I?"


Male CN Half-orc Brawler (Snakebite Striker/Wild Child) 1 HP 9/13 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F +4, R +4, W +1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' (12 sq), Perception +7 | Speed 30' (6 sq) | Sneak attack +1d6, sacred touch, +2 atk AoO 1/day | Active Conditions: filth fever (1 passed save)

Maybe you. Time was right. Could be another. Vak'rogh shrugs, tilting his head -- the most human of gestures he's yet made. Maybe I am confused.

"Are ya a legend, or aren't ya?" lol

Dark Archive

Female Elf Sommoner(Unchained) 1
Vitals:
HP:8/8 AC:16 =10+(3armor,3Dex,) BAB:0 CMB:+0 CMD:13 Fort:0 Refl:3 Will:2 Speed:35ft Init:+3 SM:6/5
Status: Detect Magic(constant),

Sureliah smiles at the other vouching to join the quest, examining them curiously, she looks down at Blitz, Pardon me, it seems that others are joining the quest and I do believe it best to know who we are working with...

The beautiful elf moves over to the two half orcs and the dashing Rogue. Greetings, It seems your joining me to help find the children? she asks, looking at Julio.


Kerowyn smiles at the four that have come up to offer her services. "I do thank you for your offer of help...the people in this town are good people. Sometimes...well sometimes the words they speak hurt more than the reasons behind them. None of them really are cut out for this."

With that she looks at Sureliah with sad eyes. "Sureliah, your kindness touches me. Perhaps you can help these strong men gather supplies before they go off on their way."

Spoiler:
She has no reason to think Sureliah can help in any way

Her eyes pan to Savien. "The funny thing is, if you would not have come forward, I would have offered it to you as a commission anyway."

Her attention shifts to Julio. "And you sir, I don't believe we have met. Kerowyn Hucrele at your service. I do not doubt that your bravery matches your charm." She holds out her hand to the young man and is clearly enchanted by the dashing rogue.

She looks at the two half-orcs and then back to Savien, her voice lowered. "As for them...who knows where their path leads them..."

A change comes over her and almost at once she is all business. "I can offer you as a group, 400 pieces of gold. I ask that you do your best to follow their path and either bring my children home or find some sign of them. Both of them wore family signet rings." She holds up her hand and you see a gold ring with a stylized H upon it. "I will give you half of the reward for each child...either for their safe return...or this proof of their demise. Do we have a deal"

She looks at each of the three men, carefully evaluating their reactions.

I'll discuss languages in the discussion thread


Human Male Unchained Rouge [HP 9/9] [AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD:12] [Init +2] [Fort +0 Ref +4 Will +1] [Perception +5]

Julio turns to the elf and then puts a consouling arm around Mrs. Hucrele's shoulder. In a voice loud enough to be heard by everyone in the tavern he proclaims, "It would be an honor to accompany you and these others on this mission of mercy. This poor woman. Her children missing. Spurned by her neighbors. What more noble cause can a simple wayfarer such as I find. Together we shall conquer all obstacles and triumph where others have fails. Our names will be forever known in the city of Oakhurst as those that tread into darkens and bought light and hope back to this grieving mother."


Male Human Slayer 1 | HP: 4/13 | AC 17 (T12, FF 15) | CMB: +5 CMD: 17 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Intimidate +5 | Speed 20 ft. | Chakram 5/5

The young guardsman sighs, running a hand through his hair. Of course it's a commission. Now I have to actually survive whatever killed those two. It would've been too easy to hope I could go look around and back out if things got difficult. Now I do that, I don't get paid.

Savien shakes his head and casts a doubtful eye toward Julio and Sureliah, inspecting them very briefly head to toe before giving an even more firm shake of his head. Yeah, definitely not. At least they won't get a share of the commission if they die. Which seems pretty likely at this point. Savien quickly turns his attention to Blitz, giving him a much longer, appraising look before twisting his mouth uncertainly. Maybe...

The young guardsman sighs again before looking across the room at the dangerous-looking pair with the wolf. Strange half-orcs could just as easily stab me in the back as protect my life, but I'm not getting very far with this disappointing... Savien glances back at the volunteers. Very disappointing company.

Savien gives Blitz another long look before tilting his head curiously and then shrugging, putting his hand on Blitz's shoulder. You look like you could be quick. That might be useful... He looks one more time at Julio and Sureliah with a frown and moves away, not saying a word to them.

The young human approaches the pair of half-orcs with a scowl and a shake of his head. Better to be prepared than dead. This ought to be interesting...

Savien lowers his voice and speaks with a decidedly forced tone of respectfulness, deciding to try a very direct approach. He had heard somewhere that orcs appreciated that kind of thing. Look, I need your help. There's a sunken citadel nearby that could be infested with who knows what manner of dangerous things, and some people from this town are lost... or worse. The human hooks his thumb over his shoulder toward the gathering at the bar. I'm not going to get very far with Mustachio and Ms. Afraid-of-the-Sunlight over there... Will you help?


HP 7/10, AC 16, FF 14, Touch 12, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Blessings 3/3

Akula is famous among a small number of orc tribes, but he doesn't know that. He left and didn't go back. He doesn't know he caused a stir.

"You are the first of our kind I have seen in years, and I recognized you. I do not think that is coincidence. I followed the signs to this place and here you are."


HP 7/10, AC 16, FF 14, Touch 12, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Blessings 3/3

The stockier half orc looked up at the human who approached their table. He stared flatly with strange grey eyes for a moment then gave a sloght, amused smile.

"Not a coincidence at all. Yes. I will go with you."


Male CN Half-orc Brawler (Snakebite Striker/Wild Child) 1 HP 9/13 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F +4, R +4, W +1 | Initiative +3 | Senses: darkvision 60' (12 sq), Perception +7 | Speed 30' (6 sq) | Sneak attack +1d6, sacred touch, +2 atk AoO 1/day | Active Conditions: filth fever (1 passed save)

Далей ідуць прыкметы? Якія прыкметы? , , , , Не тое, што я заўважыў бы любы. Духі заўсёды маўчалі ў адносінах да мяне.

Translation:
Followed the signs? What signs? . . . . Not that I would notice any. The spirits have ever been silent toward me.

Vak turns to listen to the heckler's words, and offers a gruff reply. Help costs, funny-man. What would I get for help? His posture, though, reveals some interest, but it is clear he needs additional motivation.

1 to 50 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wandering GM's PF Sunless Citadel Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2018 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.