Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Vonzara's Homebrew Skype/PbP Game

Game Master Vonzara

Recently the adventurers went to stop two assassination attempts. They have temporarily stopped these attempts form happening. In the process they found several maps that could lead them to the person who wants the people assassinated.


151 to 200 of 244 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Qadira

Male Human Fighter/4

"Armory... Sleeping quarters. Ah need a good sleep."

And thus, Gwendal goes to sleep.


Female Half-Orc Oracle of Battle/4

Zeljka nods at Lady Brightstar, understanding that she need to keep calm and rest - recovering magic spent today and preparing for battle tomorrow, leaving the hidden meeting place in order to sleep. It did not come quite as easily to her as it should have - her thoughts mired by confusing feelings and reflecting on that handsome smile she was rewarded with that evening.

"...Stupid girl. He was just thanking you," She mumbles as she rolls over to fall asleep.

Shadow Lodge

AOO:
[dice=AOO Falchion]1d20+16[/dice [dice=Damage]2d6+22[/dice 3
Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist)

Nathaniel returns to the dining room and silently gestures for her to follow. He finds the nearest empty class room (or anything else which might suit), waits for her to enter, and then closes the door.

To Tasha:
"I am glad we have finally got a moment alone... sister. Forgive me, I am still somewhat uncomfortable saying that word. There have been some new developments. Venture Captain Heidmarch has been given the task of killing two children who are trying to rescue their father by a person named 'D'. Furthermore, apparently whoever has kidnapped this father is planning to 'open the planes to hell itself'- I am afraid I am not knowledgeable enough in the magical tradition to know what this means, but I am imagining that it would not be regarded as a positive action by the world." Nathaniel crosses his arms and looks as Tasha. "I believe you can guess who the children are and who the... our father is. Lady BrightStar and her former companions are planning to leave tomorrow to rescue us, and to stop 'D' in his plans. I have been made part of that mission."

"I do not know enough about you, sister, to tell you what you can do. So I will ask. You carry a staff- do you have power over magic to a significant degree? That tale you told at dinner- was it true? How did you come to be at this school? And, how did you convince Torch to reveal my name and status as one of his agents?" As he waits for an answer, Nathaniel sighs quietly. "In any case... I am going to try to help to rescue our father. No matter how much I hate and despise him. I'm sorry if that is a great surprise to you, sister, but it is the truth of how I feel. In any case, I would suggest that you either come with us, if you think your abilities are sufficient, or you stay here and research more about this Codex that 'D' wants. I believe it is important for us to remain alive. 'D' wanted us killed very badly, bad enough to convince a Venture Captain to do the job. I am self-aware enough of my powers to know that, alone, I would be little more than useless at preventing the planes opening 'to hell itself', so it is possible that our existence alone is some danger to this 'D's plan."

Nathaniel steps forward and rests a hand on Tasha's shoulder. "I am actually quite glad you found me, sister. I grew up in my village alone, and that cost me a great deal. Having someone... does make my heart lighter. After all this is over and done with, we must talk at a great length. I am curious to hear of how our lives have fared separate from each other."

Sczarni

Female Elf

Nathaniel:

As you're talking Tasha reached up and touches your hat. You notice that the room now has light. "Does that answer your question about my power over magic?"She asks. "Besides I can see you now. Yes what I said at dinner is true. I was left on the door step of some random family to be raised. I came here in hopes of finding out where father might be located and to see what this codex thing really happened to be." She pause for a second, trying to remember all of the questions you have asked. "As for finding you and getting Torch to tell me your name, that took a lot of convincing and reasoning. I had to promise my loyalty to Torch and the Shadow Lodge. As for me staying here or coming with you, that is not a question I think you need an answer on. After spending much time apart I would like the opportunity to join you on the quest of stopping Heidmarch."

In the morning Lady BrightStar has requested that you all meet her and her friend in the room off the kitchen.

Qadira

Male Human Fighter/4

Is her friend, by any chance, a cat? :)

Gwendal, in his same large coat, yawns loudly.

Sczarni

Female Elf

That was supposed to read friends.


Female Half-Orc Oracle of Battle/4

Once Zeljka has gotten fitted back into her half-plate armor, she'll return to the meeting place off of the kitchen, armed and ready for any mission that she'll be given. She's much more confident now that she's armored up.

Shadow Lodge

AOO:
[dice=AOO Falchion]1d20+16[/dice [dice=Damage]2d6+22[/dice 3
Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist)

Tasha:
Nathaniel nods and smiles. "Well, welcome to the Shadow Lodge, sister. It would be a pleasure to have you join us on this quest. I have one final question- would you suggest that we tell Lady BrightStar and the rest that we are the siblings they are searching for? Or should our identity remain a secret for now? Keeping in mind they may already know- the Lady has a knowledgeable stare that batters straight through me..."

Sczarni

Female Elf

Nathaniel:
"Brother as we look very similar when your, well not blue, I think the others have figured that we are related. As for them knowing that we are the children Heidmarch is after that is is another question. I do think we need to at lest tell Lady BrightStar and her compaions. As for those you have been traveling with that is totally up to you. Now that Gwendal guy is rather attractive."Tasha finishes with a sigh after mentioning Gwendal.Anyway brother, I'm heading off to get some sleep. As for those maps you have they will come in handy tomorrow when we all meet. Before Tasha leaves for bed she extinguishes the light spell on Nathaniel's hat.

Shadow Lodge

AOO:
[dice=AOO Falchion]1d20+16[/dice [dice=Damage]2d6+22[/dice 3
Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist)

Tasha:
(After she mentions Gwendal)"Huh; I think I just experienced my first feeling of brotherly protectiveness. This should be an...interesting... mission. I will tell them tomorrow. Good night, sister."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue 3

Janthe will wake up and head to breakfast eager to see what the day awaits.

Sczarni

Female Elf

EVERYONE
When you get up in the morning you find a wonderful spread in the kitchen. There is fresh baked pastries, fresh fruit, fresh fish and a pot of fresh coffee along with an assortment of beverages. The door is open to the room and the fire has been lit in the fireplace. On the rug in front of the fireplace is a fat grey cat with little leather wings.

On the table in the room are maps and blueprints of SandPoint. Hymo and Farsain are looking over them and working out a plan of action. Lady BrightStar has yet to show up.

Shadow Lodge

AOO:
[dice=AOO Falchion]1d20+16[/dice [dice=Damage]2d6+22[/dice 3
Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist)

Nathaniel's eyes widen slightly as he walks into the kitchen but otherwise his face betrays no change of emotion. He calmly and silently walks over, sits down, and then proceeds to demolish the breakfast with the speed and dignity of a hippopotamus in heat.

Sczarni

Female Elf

Nathaniel as you are eating Lord Farsain come out to get food and beverage. He nods at you. "Mind if I join you?" He asks. "You mentioned last night in all of the commotion that you needed to talk with me. I have the time right now if you'd like to discuss things over breakfast." He finishes and take a drink of his coffee.


Female Elf Bladebound Magus/5

After getting dressed in a simple green linen dress and braiding her hair back out of the way. Tasha secures her belt pouch and picks up her staff. She heads to the kitchen for breakfast.

In the kitchen she spots Janthe."Good Morning, Janthe. How might you bee on this fine morning?" Tasha asks as she head to get food. she spots Lord Farsain talking to Nathaniel and she keeps her distance to be safe. However she does position herself so she has eye contact with her brother.

Qadira

Male Human Fighter/4

When Gwendal enters the kitchen, he is surprised to see a whole buffet waiting for him.

Mercs don't usually get such a royal treatment.

Gwendal grabs 2 entire fish and the pot of coffee. As he finds himself a seat near where everyone is sitting, Gwendal sees the cat with the small, leathery wings. He looks around to see if the other people notice the leathery wings. Gwendal looks right at the cat and says "Aw, look at tha little cat with its wee little wings. Ehahaha!" As soon as he is done laughing, he takes a drink directly from the coffee pot.


Female Half-Orc Oracle of Battle/4

Zeljka reaches over and grabs the coffee pot from Gwendal, glaring at him, before taking an empty mug and filling it up for him instead, handing it over.

"Other people drink coffee, not just you. Have a little courtesy," She tells him, setting the pot back where it needed to be, grabbing herself a simple apple and biting into it, chewing it slowly.

It wasn't just Gwendal who bothered her, but the half-elf girl as well. A complete unknown to her. She wondered what she was doing here.

Qadira

Male Human Fighter/4

"Don't get yer chainmail up inna bunch. Ah'll use tha cup."

Gwendal takes a big drink of his coffee, continuing to stare at the cat.

Sczarni

Female Elf

The cat eyes Gwendal and then say "Those little wing allow me kick your ass." She then gets up and hops into Hymo's lap. She continues to glare at Gwendal.

Tasha is the Half Elf from dinner the night before. She looks strangely like Nathaniel.

Qadira

Male Human Fighter/4

After hearing another cat talk to him, Gwendal looks at the person the cat jumped on to and says "Do all tha bloody cats talk in this 'ere castle?"

Sczarni

Female Elf

Hymo looks at you for a second then responds,"This be the same cat that talked to you yesterday. Meet Marie."

Qadira

Male Human Fighter/4

Gwendal takes a longer look at the cat, and realizes the face is the same.

"Well would ya look at that."

Gwendal takes another large gulp from the cup, and realizes that he's out of coffee.

"Where did that orc go?"


Female Half-Orc Oracle of Battle/4

"Half-orc. Not that I was expecting anyone to know better," Zeljka mutters, stepping back into view, armor clanking as she moves around. She glances over at the curiously winged cat, the twitch of a smile occurring at the corner of her lip.

"There must be some story to explain why you can speak the common language and possess such stylish wings. Perhaps a dragon ancestor in your heritage?" She asks Marie the cat.

Qadira

Male Human Fighter/4

As soon as Gwendal sees that Zeljka is talking to Marie, he snatches the coffee pot and fills his cup back up.

Sczarni

Female Elf

"I am a rare creature of the elven world. To find me and have me as your companion is a great accomplishment. I have been with Lord Farsain for more than twenty years now. Over that time I have assisted him and his friends with many things. These wings allow me to lift myself up high in the branches of trees to hide. However, I've been with humanoids for so long now that I have learned their tonged. I also speak elven."She answers politely while kneading Hymo's lap to get comfortable.


Female Half-Orc Oracle of Battle/4

"Seeing as you're as you say, 'a rare creature of the elven world', I'd expect you to be able to speak their tongue as well," Zeljka comments, quite amused with the conversation she is having with a winged cat. "Long lived as well, at least compared to common cats. My smith master in my home city had a cat. Hated me, always scratching whenever I tried to pet him. I suppose I've just got one of those faces," She jests, a little mirthlessly.

She'll take a seat, glancing around at the others, before taking an apple to nibble on slowly, being as patient as she could be - her good foot taps anxiously, ready to head out on a moment's notice.


Male Human Ranger 3

Gates walks out into the kitchen and looks around. Seeing Gwendal for the first time he stops and regards him, nods, then goes for the coffee.

Turning to Hymo he states I'll be headin' out for that druid in the woods this morning. Can the stable folks tell me where to find him?

Sczarni

Female Elf

Marie hops off Hymo's lap just as Gates enters the room. She walks towards where Zeljka is sitting.

Hymo responds to Gates inquiry. "Actually no they can not, but I can. Go out the main Gate and turn left. Follow the path that starts on the edge of the forest there. Walk about a mile and you'll find a small druid camp. Ask for shape shifter and tell them you are with Lady BrightStar. Also, Gates before you leave we need to speak with you and your friends. Something have come to light about Venture-Captian Heidmarch."

Shadow Lodge

AOO:
[dice=AOO Falchion]1d20+16[/dice [dice=Damage]2d6+22[/dice 3
Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist)

Nathaniel pauses in his breakfast carnage to turn to Farsain. "No disrespect to my comrades, sir, but I would prefer to discuss this in private later... thank you for offering to speak with me now, however."

Turning to the odd creature, Nathaniel remarks in

Elven:
"Twenty years with Farsain and his companions? I doubt not that the things you have seen and done would make most entertaining reading..."


Male Human Ranger 3

Alright, then that leaves time for breakfast Gates begins looking around for something to eat, then kills time until the meeting.

Qadira

Male Human Fighter/4

After finishing his fishes, Gwendal glances over at the Marie and smiles.

"Ah suppose ye want some... of this?" Gwendal says as he holds the fish bones up and shakes them a little bit.

Sczarni

Female Elf

"That is fine Nathaniel then let us for a walk once you're done eating. Marie let me know when Vonzara shows up for the meeting." Farsain says as he gets his food.

Sczarni

Female Elf

Marie eyes Gwendal and the fish carcasses for a moment,"I thank you for the offer but I ate before you came down."

Shadow Lodge

AOO:
[dice=AOO Falchion]1d20+16[/dice [dice=Damage]2d6+22[/dice 3
Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist)

Nathaniel rises and gestures to Farsain for him to follow him out.

Farsain:
"Lord, you may have guessed already but Natashia and I are syblings; half-brother and half-sister to be precise. I was unaware of this until she tracked me down not long ago. She requested my help because she had received a ransom note for our father, who had been kidnapped. The signer of the note was identical to the signer of the note to the Venture-Captain in town. You might say that I am beginning to suspect the two events are related. My sister and I would prefer that you not mention this to our companions for the time being, but we would be fine with you distributing this information amidst yours."

Sczarni

Female Elf

Nathaniel:
"I see. Well then I shall not share your secret with anyone. We will make sure that your identities are protected. Also, from Zander found out while working for Heidmarch is she knows of you Nathaniel and is hoping you lead her to Tasha. Vonzara, er Lady BrightStar that is, has a plan for stopping the Venture-Captain. Come we need to be heading back. Marie has informed me Lady BrightStar has recently arrived. Don't worry you are safe here, Sheila heidmarch is not fool enough to take on all of us at one."

Sczarni

Female Elf

Once you return everyone goes their own way. SO be it with shopping, training or working on getting gear upgraded.

Zeljka: You find a note on the door of your room when you get back. It has beautiful writing and is on very fine paper.

The Note:

Zelja,
I can not thank-you enough for saving my life. I am in your debt. If there is anything I can do to repay you please do not hesitate to let me know.

Yours Truly,
Zander

Gwendal: Now that your contract has been settled with Lady BrightStar you are able to go into town and get your horse. On the way into town you run into a woman who hands you a note.

The Note:

My dearest child,
I miss you terribly and hope this finds you well. Your sister's condition has not improved. We fear she may not make it too much longer. We have heard rumors of a powerful elven woman who is said to be able to cure any ailment and had the power of the Gods. We have heard she lives in the providence of Varisisa. Please try and find her.
Wishing you the best.
Mumsy.


Female Half-Orc Oracle of Battle/4

Zeljka stares at the note, rereading it several times just to make sure that her eyes weren't deceiving her. Was it perhaps a cruel joke? She knew that she wasn't exactly the most subtle about...noting his presence. Trying to keep her hot-blooded emotions in check, she carefully folds up the note and slips it in with her belongings, before contemplating the meaning.

Obviously he was just being grateful. There really wasn't any other interest he could have in her. Zel was a creature destined for the battlefield and the smithy - a half-orc that couldn't possibly have caught anyone's eye, except perhaps another orc-blooded. Not in the way that half-formed hopes in her heart were thinking.

In any case, she really didn't even know him in the first place. He was just a handsome face whose life she had managed to save with a bit of magical triage. But if that was the case, what was the harm of her attempting to get to know him better, then? Perhaps she could ask around, learn a bit more about Zander and his deeds. That seemed like a good start - she needed to be cautious, after all. Rushing headlong like some foolish little girl with a crush was moronic, after all.

Diplomacy to Gather Info on Zander: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Sczarni

Female Elf

Zeljka: You know that Zander has been in the employ of Lady Brighstar and is her eldest brother, Tanis' son. He is about 25 yrs old and is very well like by everyone he encounters. Zander is 6ft with steel grey eyes and dark brown hair that is kept tied back. He is lean yet muscular and fills out a pair of breeches very nicely.

I have to remember that Zel is female and I have to think like one when describing Zander lol.


Female Half-Orc Oracle of Battle/4

The nephew of Lady Brightstar. No wonder she was so thankful of her saving his life. Well liked by everyone, which was a good statement to his character. Handsome, though she already knew that, far too well. She didn't manage to find out much about him other than that. Then again, more than a few people looked at her funny when she was asking questions - she supposed it was unusual for her to be wondering about the elven man.

She supposed that she knew enough to make her next step. Though what that should be, she hadn't the foggiest. Perhaps she needed to ask someone who was more knowledgeable about such things. Tasha seemed like the kind of woman who'd had her share of affections, perhaps she could help her.

So it was that Zel sought out the enigmatic half-elf, out of her armor - dressed in unflattering, dust faded clothes of wool and linen, her gimp leg so much more obvious now it wasn't coated in steel shin guards, limping her way to the woman's room. She rand her fingers through the cropped sides of her hair - she hadn't shaved them for a couple weeks now. The rest of the hair on the top of her head was sheared short, giving her a slight mohawk look. She wasn't entirely unattractive - without the short tusks jutting out slightly from her lips, and the green pallor of her skin, she might have passed for a very fit and muscular human woman.

Knocking on Tasha's door, she waits patiently, clutching Zander's note in her hand. Why was she nervous about this? Probably because this was so much out of her comfort zone.


Female Elf Bladebound Magus/5

Tasha answers the door and looks a little surprised to see Zejka standing there out of armor. "Um Zel, uh Hi. How are you? Please come in." Tasha lets Zeljka in and closes the door after her.


Female Half-Orc Oracle of Battle/4

It was the female dorms, after all, and Zel didn't need to put her armor on all of the time. She nodded at Tasha and let herself in, taking a seat where she could find one. Still very nervous about confiding in anyone about her personal feelings. She wasn't going to let that stop her, though - if you didn't know how to do something, find someone who did.

"Sorry for bursting in on you like this - don't know if you're busy or not, but I needed some advice," She stated bluntly. Like she always did, she pushed through this hard and fast. "You've probably had your share of suitors, so you probably have a good idea about how to...to talk and respond to someone that you're interested in. Me, I'm far more comfortable on the battlefield or at the anvil - I just don't have any experience, or found anyone interesting before. Now there's this person, who I...want to get to know better."

She felt like she was blushing. Probably, seeing how vulnerable she was making herself out to be to Tasha. "I don't know if he's interested in me in the same way, but he's apparently a good enough person - I don't want to pass up the chance, though. So, I thought I'd come to you and see if you have any tips."


Female Elf Bladebound Magus/5

Tasha stands there for a second after Zeljka finishes. She's not quite sure how to answer. "Well I guess you could say I've had a suitor in the past but I've not had many. At 17 I left home and began my studies to master my divine gift. The society took me in and taught me. But I never took the time to have suitors. Finding my brother and father are my life's quest currently. " Tasha pauses for a moment to gather herself. This talk of suitors makes her think of home and Edward.
"Zeljka I've got an idea that will help you out. Why don't you ask Zander to spare with you next time you practice. You could even ask him to sit with us at dinner sometime."


Female Half-Orc Oracle of Battle/4

It seemed that Zel had made a presumption about Tasha - she honestly didn't realize that despite her beauty, the young woman had lived a more or less solitary life. Though she looked immensely surprised by her suggestion.

"How did you know it was Zander?" She asked, surprised by her intuition. "...I suppose that I haven't exactly been subtle..." She grumbles, crossing her arms in front of her. She still wasn't exactly thrilled that it was so obvious - if Tasha could figure that out, then Zander would probably do so as well.

"Your idea has merit. He can see just how strong I am, and I can see if he's the type to get foolishly upset from being beaten by a woman. Should he pass that test...I suppose that inviting him to a meal would be the next step." She nods to herself, thinking about this. She couldn't help but think that she would be making a fool out of herself - but she'd be a coward if she didn't even try.

"Thank you for your counsel. I'll ask him to spar tomorrow - should you need my assistance with that blowhard Gwendal, feel free to call on me. Sometimes a man like that just needs to have his ass kicked before he learns a little respect." Zel stood back up, looking down at Tasha as she shook her hand, before heading off.

********

The next day, Zel got herself strapped into her armor (Half-plate or the +1 Full Plate if it's ready) and headed over to the training grounds, looking for Zander for a spar. She was thankful for her helm - it kept her face mostly concealed, so she wouldn't give away any nervousness.


Female Elf Bladebound Magus/5

"Zel I can see his name on the note you have crumpled up in your hand. As for Gwendal, I'm not so sure I'd even want to eat dinner alone with him. If you need anything else or just want to talk I don't mind at all."

Tasha lets Zel back out and goes back to reading.

You are still in Half Plate

Qadira

Male Human Fighter/4

As soon as Gwendal reads the letter, he thinks Oh, No!. He crumples the letter into a fine ball and tosses it into the ground, muttering a few curses. Gwendal imediately starts heading back to the castle.

If anyone knows a healer around here, it'll be Lord Farsain.

As he walks away, he puts out of his mind the fact that he was supposed to get a horse.

Sczarni

Female Elf

Gwendal reaches Goblin Squash Stable and is greeted by a large half-orc male.
"What can I do fer ya?" he asks.

Zeljka: Zander approaches you the following day after you get back from the raid. "Hi! It's Zeljka, right? I don't think we've formally met. My name is Zander BrightStar. I'm grateful for your help and I forever in your debt kind lady. Zander know that Zel is a half orc but this does not stop him in the slightest from getting to know her.

Qadira

Male Human Fighter/4

I didn't go to the stables, I went to Lord Farsain.


Female Half-Orc Oracle of Battle/4

The armored half-orc opens and closes her mouth several times when Zander appears, her throat suddenly feeling very dry as she looks at him up close once more. "Th-That's right," She tells him, eternally grateful her helm is covering her face for the most part. "There's no debt to be had. You were injured and I had the means to heal you. I'm sure anymore else would have done the same, I just beat them to the punch," she modestly deflects his praise, before looking towards the battle circle on the grounds.

"Well, ah, since you're here and I'm training anyways, I guess, maybe, a spar...if you're up to it. If you're still recovering..." She knew he wasn't, but leaving him a polite way to opt out seemed like fair play here. She was mostly stunned that he wasn't off-put by her race whatsoever.

Sczarni

Female Elf

Gwendal you find Lord Farsain in the library.

Zeljka: Zander accepts your invitation to spar. "Um Zeljka if you have the time would you like to have dinner with me?" Zander asks.

Qadira

Male Human Fighter/4

"You. Farsain. Ah need to look fer somebody. Supposed to heal wit the power of the Gods, or something. You know of someone like that?"

151 to 200 of 244 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Vonzara's Skype / PbP Homebrew All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.