Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Volcano's Land - A New Beginning

Game Master Miner Cotren

Darkness surrounds the land where the peoples of Volcano, River, and Forest live under a Fallen Sky.


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,208 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

female NG Oread Bloodrager (crossblooded Air Elemental & Fey) Lvl 3 HP 16/24 |AC-15 T-11 FF-14 | F+5 R+3 W+2 (+2 on ally and self cast spells) |CMB+5 CMD165 | Init+1 | Perc +5 | Rage 8/9rnd |HP 18/26 |AC-13 T-11 FF-12 | F+7 R+3 W+4 | CMB+7 CMD18 | Spd 40ft burrow 10ft | Uncanny Dodge (never ff) | Active Conditions none

Pushing off the wall and moving to walk though the dead. Stopping and looking at the oread. Was I just a close enough replacement?

Rubbing her face and then looking back at Ibinu, "I do not know the correct answer to that. If we want more information we will have to tell others. But I agree that we do not need to let this alone. I have no intent for this to be our fate."


"I believe we are in agreement that So Khong is not the elen to approach with this." She makes eye contact with you all, even Etrah, one at a time. "Would you be willing to go with me to my mentor, Inquisitor Lý Văn Sinh? He is one of the few in the Temple I would trust with my life."


Female LG Sylph Paladin (Chosen One) 3 | HP:24/28 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 17 Fl) {+2 vs nonmagical) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +2; Immune Fear & Disease | Init: +0 | Perc: -2, SM: +4 | Speed: 20ft, Climb: 15ft | Detect Evil: At Will, Smite Evil 1/1, Lay on Hands 3/6 | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Aura of Good, Aura of Courage (+4 Morale bonus vs fear to allies in 10ft)

Smirking involuntarily at Bian's agreement to not take this to So Khong, she looks at her companions. Clearly uneasy about this other inquisitor suggestion, the sylph considers their options.

'So Khon may or may not be on our side...he could be corrupted....we obviously can't take something of this magnitude to the watch.... I'd rather risk Eo's sanity....'

Finally, she nods grimly. "If you trust this inquisitor...Sinh? Then I'll take you on faith. We don't exactly have a lot of other options....Should we leave these lost souls here for now?"


female NG Oread Bloodrager (crossblooded Air Elemental & Fey) Lvl 3 HP 16/24 |AC-15 T-11 FF-14 | F+5 R+3 W+2 (+2 on ally and self cast spells) |CMB+5 CMD165 | Init+1 | Perc +5 | Rage 8/9rnd |HP 18/26 |AC-13 T-11 FF-12 | F+7 R+3 W+4 | CMB+7 CMD18 | Spd 40ft burrow 10ft | Uncanny Dodge (never ff) | Active Conditions none

Looking around the small room with a very defeated look consuming her face and speaking barely above a mumble, "Could you bring this person here?"


Bian furrows her brow at Kallik's question. "I suppose I could. But if...discretion is our goal here, bringing a high-ranking inquisitor into a place like this might draw attention. I have duties here occasionally, but Master Lý Văn Sinh would only come here on extremely important business."

She shrugs, unsure. "If you want me to bring him here, I will, but I just wanted you to be aware of the potential danger."


NG Sylph Alchemist 3 | (Modifiers) None | HP: 19/24 | AC 17, Tch 13, Fl 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +2 | Speed 30ft | Climb 20 ft | Bombs: 6/6 | Extracts 1st: 0/4 prepped (0/0 open slot) | Featherfall 1/1 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Init: +3

Ibinu looks at his teammates, "I'm fine with going to him. I'm just concerned any evidence we have might 'disappear' if there is indeed some sort of bad element inside the temple. Not to mention, these elen still need to be properly cared for and if they are taken by someone else that is on us. If you can give a solid reason that they won't likely be disturbed I would certainly prefer to go to your mentor."


Female LG Sylph Paladin (Chosen One) 3 | HP:24/28 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 17 Fl) {+2 vs nonmagical) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +2; Immune Fear & Disease | Init: +0 | Perc: -2, SM: +4 | Speed: 20ft, Climb: 15ft | Detect Evil: At Will, Smite Evil 1/1, Lay on Hands 3/6 | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Aura of Good, Aura of Courage (+4 Morale bonus vs fear to allies in 10ft)

"Well, I suppose one of us could stay to guard them." she thoughtfully suggests. Looking to each of her companions and Etrah, she volunteers "Etrah could go with you to represent me and I would be willing to ensure no one molests these fallen servants. He's better at these kinds of things anyway. I may be able to appeal to ones goodness from time to time, but his knowledge is far superior."

Without waiting for a response, she steps over to the corpses and begins to silently pray over the bodies.


NG Sylph Alchemist 3 | (Modifiers) None | HP: 19/24 | AC 17, Tch 13, Fl 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +2 | Speed 30ft | Climb 20 ft | Bombs: 6/6 | Extracts 1st: 0/4 prepped (0/0 open slot) | Featherfall 1/1 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Init: +3

Ibinu raises a hand... then clears his throat... then speaks the obvious. "Inam. We can't understand Etrah and I doubt Bian's mentor could either."


Etrah--you are unsure how a chicken can do this--scoffs at Ibinu, then trots over to Inam. With a solemn bukaw, Etrah points his beak at Inam, then at the door. He stands next to the cart, and raises his wings. For just a moment, Inam is sure she seems a gleam of fire in his eyes.


NG Sylph Alchemist 3 | (Modifiers) None | HP: 19/24 | AC 17, Tch 13, Fl 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +2 | Speed 30ft | Climb 20 ft | Bombs: 6/6 | Extracts 1st: 0/4 prepped (0/0 open slot) | Featherfall 1/1 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Init: +3

"That... I understood." He gives a short bow to the fowl. "My apologies Etrah, no slight intended."


female NG Oread Bloodrager (crossblooded Air Elemental & Fey) Lvl 3 HP 16/24 |AC-15 T-11 FF-14 | F+5 R+3 W+2 (+2 on ally and self cast spells) |CMB+5 CMD165 | Init+1 | Perc +5 | Rage 8/9rnd |HP 18/26 |AC-13 T-11 FF-12 | F+7 R+3 W+4 | CMB+7 CMD18 | Spd 40ft burrow 10ft | Uncanny Dodge (never ff) | Active Conditions none

Watching the apparently sacred chicken with a tired look. Glancing over at Inam, "Why don't you go. I am more than willing to stay. I do not want to go back into the temple till I can go collect Egret."


I'll go forward tonight with Kallik staying behind and Ibinu and Inam going to the Temple with Bian.


Kallik, perception check

Bian takes Ibinu, Inam, and Etrah back to the sixth tier of the Temple - the inquisitor's chambers. Rather than going around the back this time, however, she leads you through the front entrance. Polished mahogany double-doors lead into a mid-sized antechamber that is dominated by a scowling sculpture of the Cauldron Lady. She is depicted as a wide, hunched figure in a thick cloak, stirring a large pot that holds dozens of bones. The inscription at the base reads:

"Il colpevole sarà bollito"

A few twists through gleaming black hallways, and you arrive at a thick oak door adorned with the red triangle of Volcano. Bian knocks briskly three times and calls, "Master Lý Văn? It's Bian, and a have a few....guests. May we come in?"

A portly undine with bushy eyebrows and deep smile lines opens the door. "Bian, yes, please come in!" He glances at the two of you quickly, then turns around to wave you into his room. "And shall I get wine to celebrate a visit by the Blessed?" His smile is friendly and wide, but it is difficult to gauge his true intentions - a common theme among undine inquisitors, it appears.

So Khong referred to you as the Blessed at one point, but you were unaware that anyone else used that term, or that anyone was formally aware of who you are


female NG Oread Bloodrager (crossblooded Air Elemental & Fey) Lvl 3 HP 16/24 |AC-15 T-11 FF-14 | F+5 R+3 W+2 (+2 on ally and self cast spells) |CMB+5 CMD165 | Init+1 | Perc +5 | Rage 8/9rnd |HP 18/26 |AC-13 T-11 FF-12 | F+7 R+3 W+4 | CMB+7 CMD18 | Spd 40ft burrow 10ft | Uncanny Dodge (never ff) | Active Conditions none

Watching the others leave silently while following behind to shut the door. Pressing the door closed then sitting down against it and staring at the four bodies. This is my life now. Great Forest what I have I done to earn this?

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Haha! Yeah contemplating life is far more important than the ancient evil sneaking up on me!


Female LG Sylph Paladin (Chosen One) 3 | HP:24/28 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 17 Fl) {+2 vs nonmagical) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +2; Immune Fear & Disease | Init: +0 | Perc: -2, SM: +4 | Speed: 20ft, Climb: 15ft | Detect Evil: At Will, Smite Evil 1/1, Lay on Hands 3/6 | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Aura of Good, Aura of Courage (+4 Morale bonus vs fear to allies in 10ft)

"Really? He tells us to lie, but he goes around telling everyone?" grumbles Inam. With a sigh, she offers the inquistor a hand. "Inam Smithrock. A lowly servant of the glorious Volcano. We thank you for your time, but I'll pass on the wine for now."

"Sadly, our visit is one of urgency. Bian speaks highly of you and we've encountered a...a grotesquery. We beg your council on how we should proceed."


Inam, Ibinu

Ly Van shakes Inam's hand, and Ibinu's. "A pleasure." Without awaiting a direct response from Ibinu regarding the wine, Ly Van waddles over to a small wine rack and takes the top bottle. With a deft motion, he uncorks it and lets it breathe. A faint mist rises from the dark bottle, and the sharp smell of grapes fills the air. While not overly large, Ly Van's chambers are much grander than the glimpse you saw of Bian's. There are bowls of fruit on fine tables, padded chairs for guests, and shelves of books lining the walls.

Turning back to you, he says, "My intention was not to mislead you, Inam. Inquisitor So Khong is, ah, notorious for keeping his affairs to himself. No, it is the rumors circulating about you, and the elens you have saved from infection while remaining wholly clean yourselves. Not many elens have the knowledge to make such connections, but So Khong cannot hide this particular candle for too much longer." He gives a faint smile at this.

"Now, what is this grotesque situation you have encountered?"

Bian looks over at Inam, waiting for her to proceed.

-----
Kallik

Your lonely thoughts are interrupted by a sudden sharp pain in your abdomen - you have been struck by an arrow. (7 damage Kallik)

The dirty ifrit is standing by the entrance. He is holding a crude longbow--nocked with another arrow--and looking at you with a gleam in his eyes. "Don't make no moves and yer fine, okay? Just gimme a little more of that pretty silver, maybe some gold shields, and I'll let you live."


female NG Oread Bloodrager (crossblooded Air Elemental & Fey) Lvl 3 HP 16/24 |AC-15 T-11 FF-14 | F+5 R+3 W+2 (+2 on ally and self cast spells) |CMB+5 CMD165 | Init+1 | Perc +5 | Rage 8/9rnd |HP 18/26 |AC-13 T-11 FF-12 | F+7 R+3 W+4 | CMB+7 CMD18 | Spd 40ft burrow 10ft | Uncanny Dodge (never ff) | Active Conditions none

I thought the room Kallik was in had only one door and I was sitting on the inside against it?

Glaring over at the ifrit, "I am not fine. There is an arrow in my stomach."

Moving one hand over her belly and pointing to the arrow, "This is not how you ask, just so you know."


There is another small door off to the side, visible now only as this ifrit has somehow opened it


Female LG Sylph Paladin (Chosen One) 3 | HP:24/28 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 17 Fl) {+2 vs nonmagical) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +2; Immune Fear & Disease | Init: +0 | Perc: -2, SM: +4 | Speed: 20ft, Climb: 15ft | Detect Evil: At Will, Smite Evil 1/1, Lay on Hands 3/6 | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Aura of Good, Aura of Courage (+4 Morale bonus vs fear to allies in 10ft)

With a nod, Inam eyes the undine with curiosity. 'Well, he already opened the bottle...I suppose it'd be rude to refuse now...'

"Oh, I suppose I can have one glass." she decides, ignore the disapproving look of Etrah. "Is it safe to speak freely here?" she asks Bian.

Assuming she says yes

Turning back to their host, Inam begins summarizing their visit to the arena. Pausing as she approaches the bodies they found.

"Oh, ok...we....we may have found those previously blessed. And someone or something carved them like a tome...in...the language of the genie."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Kallik

The ifrit laughs raucously, and spits phlegm on the ground, lowering the bow for a moment. "Yer tellin' me how to ask for things? Yer straight outta the woods, probably don't even know how to piss in a toilet! Now gimme some gold and there won't be another arrow. Quick like."

---
Inam, Ibinu

For a long moment, the inquisitor just stares at you, dumbfounded. He looks over at Bian, who nods in agreement. He backs into one of the padded chairs, practically tripping over it and sitting down heavily. Pressing his hands against his pale blue forehead, he mutters under his breath, "So Khong, bạn ngốc..."

With a deep, deep sigh, Ly Van says, "And where are these bodies now?"


Female LG Sylph Paladin (Chosen One) 3 | HP:24/28 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 17 Fl) {+2 vs nonmagical) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +2; Immune Fear & Disease | Init: +0 | Perc: -2, SM: +4 | Speed: 20ft, Climb: 15ft | Detect Evil: At Will, Smite Evil 1/1, Lay on Hands 3/6 | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Aura of Good, Aura of Courage (+4 Morale bonus vs fear to allies in 10ft)

"They are safe. My girl Stoney Mc Hotty is watching them. Bian showed us a safe place to hide them close by. If you follow her, we'll take you to them. Do you know the forbidden tongue?"

Standing, Inam turns to the door.

-Posted with Wayfinder


female NG Oread Bloodrager (crossblooded Air Elemental & Fey) Lvl 3 HP 16/24 |AC-15 T-11 FF-14 | F+5 R+3 W+2 (+2 on ally and self cast spells) |CMB+5 CMD165 | Init+1 | Perc +5 | Rage 8/9rnd |HP 18/26 |AC-13 T-11 FF-12 | F+7 R+3 W+4 | CMB+7 CMD18 | Spd 40ft burrow 10ft | Uncanny Dodge (never ff) | Active Conditions none

Glaring at the ifrit and moving her hands to pull the belt pouch open. Tossing him three gold coins with one hand and grabbing her handaxe with another. Pointing it at him, "Take your coins and leave before I throw this at your neck."


Kallik

Smiling, the dirty ifrit greedily scoops up the gold. "Real pretty. You can keep the cart - wood's rotted anyway. Surprised it got ya here." He backs away through the small side entrance, not bothering to close it behind him.

---
Inam, Ibinu

Taking a long drink of the wine straight from the bottle, Ly Van catches his breath and says, "Unfortunately, I do. It is a 'privilege' of the High Inquisition. Or, perhaps 'responsibility' would be a more accurate term." He sighs again, and takes another pull of the bottle.

Standing up ponderously, he mutters, "Lead on then."


After Inam, etc get back to Kallik

Inam, Ibinu, and Bian lead Ly Van back to the building outside the Temple. When they enter, they find Kallik bleeding from an arrow wound in her abdomen and looking very angry.


female NG Oread Bloodrager (crossblooded Air Elemental & Fey) Lvl 3 HP 16/24 |AC-15 T-11 FF-14 | F+5 R+3 W+2 (+2 on ally and self cast spells) |CMB+5 CMD165 | Init+1 | Perc +5 | Rage 8/9rnd |HP 18/26 |AC-13 T-11 FF-12 | F+7 R+3 W+4 | CMB+7 CMD18 | Spd 40ft burrow 10ft | Uncanny Dodge (never ff) | Active Conditions none

Kallik wants to commit his face to memory. Oh and I am against the door you all used.

Glaring at the retreating form I hate this place. Keeping one hand on her axe and the other near he arrow. Grimacing at the feeling of pooling blood.

Letting her head thunk against the door but never taking her eyes off the door she did not know was there.[i]Better hurry.[/ooc]


NG Sylph Alchemist 3 | (Modifiers) None | HP: 19/24 | AC 17, Tch 13, Fl 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +2 | Speed 30ft | Climb 20 ft | Bombs: 6/6 | Extracts 1st: 0/4 prepped (0/0 open slot) | Featherfall 1/1 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Init: +3

Ibinu turns down the wine, "no thanks, I've had little to eat and it would go straight to my head. I'd rather be thinking very clearly right now. "

He lets all the conversation pass by, merely watching the High Inquisitor closely to see if his reactions seem natural.

As they come into the room he sees Kallik and all the blood dripping down from the abdominal wound. He rushes over, pulling out his healing kit. "It's going to be okay. Don't move or pull out the arrow until I can make sure it won't do any harm."

He spends the next hour carefully tending her wounds and removing the arrow.

Heal to Treat Deadly Wounds DC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Kallik will gain 3 hp if I am allowed the hour to complete treating her wounds. 2 uses of my healer's kit are used up.


female NG Oread Bloodrager (crossblooded Air Elemental & Fey) Lvl 3 HP 16/24 |AC-15 T-11 FF-14 | F+5 R+3 W+2 (+2 on ally and self cast spells) |CMB+5 CMD165 | Init+1 | Perc +5 | Rage 8/9rnd |HP 18/26 |AC-13 T-11 FF-12 | F+7 R+3 W+4 | CMB+7 CMD18 | Spd 40ft burrow 10ft | Uncanny Dodge (never ff) | Active Conditions none

Glaring at Ibinu but letting him help, "I kn.. I know that is wh.. why I haven't moved." Stubbornness is what forces the words out of her lips.


"What in the land happened, Kallik? Why is the side door open? Did...did someone come in here and attack you?" Bian seems bewildered.


It is seventeenth candle.

You can gain the 3 hp Ibinu mentioned, Kallik

While Ibinu treats Kallik's wound, the inquisitor makes a thorough examination of the four bodies. He carefully looks under their arms, legs, and backs, muttering to himself from time to time.

Finally, he says, "There are many spells here, mostly to hold these poor souls in place until they died of natural causes. The way the spells were written, however, it almost reads like..." he rolls his hand in the air, searching for a word, "a condemnation. Within the runes, these elens are referred to as ''sinners', a truly vile word in Geni. Whoever wrote this was very, very angry."

Looking up at the three of you, and Bian, he asks, "Did you have any plan beyond informing me of this situation?"


female NG Oread Bloodrager (crossblooded Air Elemental & Fey) Lvl 3 HP 16/24 |AC-15 T-11 FF-14 | F+5 R+3 W+2 (+2 on ally and self cast spells) |CMB+5 CMD165 | Init+1 | Perc +5 | Rage 8/9rnd |HP 18/26 |AC-13 T-11 FF-12 | F+7 R+3 W+4 | CMB+7 CMD18 | Spd 40ft burrow 10ft | Uncanny Dodge (never ff) | Active Conditions none

Letting her head fall back against the door with a thunk. Trying to ignore what Ibinu is doing and focus on other things, "The smelly ifrit who I rented the cart from is apparently very quiet. But I know his face. He and I will speak again soon."

Wincing, "I am poorer three coins too."


Female LG Sylph Paladin (Chosen One) 3 | HP:24/28 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 17 Fl) {+2 vs nonmagical) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +2; Immune Fear & Disease | Init: +0 | Perc: -2, SM: +4 | Speed: 20ft, Climb: 15ft | Detect Evil: At Will, Smite Evil 1/1, Lay on Hands 3/6 | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Aura of Good, Aura of Courage (+4 Morale bonus vs fear to allies in 10ft)

Eyeing the newcomer and Kallik nervously as Bian causally spouts her companions name. Seeing the oread's lack of reaction, Inam lets out a sigh of relief.

"That looks painful. You going to be ok?"

A moment later, she steps up to the bodies in the room. "Ly Van, this is what we were speaking of. Careful, it's not a pretty sight. Please, anything you can share may be helpful."


NG Sylph Alchemist 3 | (Modifiers) None | HP: 19/24 | AC 17, Tch 13, Fl 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +2 | Speed 30ft | Climb 20 ft | Bombs: 6/6 | Extracts 1st: 0/4 prepped (0/0 open slot) | Featherfall 1/1 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Init: +3

After bandaging up the wound he advises Kallik on follow up treatment, mainly "don't get shot there... or anywhere else again."

Ibinu responds to the question asked by the High Inquisitor "Sir Inquisitor, thank you for the new information. I believe my companions and I wish to find and confront the one or ones responsible for this act. However I, at least, am not familiar with the goings on in this town and have no idea how to proceed with that search."


Female LG Sylph Paladin (Chosen One) 3 | HP:24/28 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 17 Fl) {+2 vs nonmagical) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +2; Immune Fear & Disease | Init: +0 | Perc: -2, SM: +4 | Speed: 20ft, Climb: 15ft | Detect Evil: At Will, Smite Evil 1/1, Lay on Hands 3/6 | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Aura of Good, Aura of Courage (+4 Morale bonus vs fear to allies in 10ft)

"I don't suppose they signed their work there? As fellow sylph stated, we intend to track down those responsible and set this right."

"Though, we don't exactly know where to start." she admits. "I don't suppose you know of any suspects that would have the know how and the anger necessary for such a task?"


female NG Oread Bloodrager (crossblooded Air Elemental & Fey) Lvl 3 HP 16/24 |AC-15 T-11 FF-14 | F+5 R+3 W+2 (+2 on ally and self cast spells) |CMB+5 CMD165 | Init+1 | Perc +5 | Rage 8/9rnd |HP 18/26 |AC-13 T-11 FF-12 | F+7 R+3 W+4 | CMB+7 CMD18 | Spd 40ft burrow 10ft | Uncanny Dodge (never ff) | Active Conditions none

Nodding at Inam question but not bothering to give a verbal response. She seems nervous?[ Raising an eyebrow at Ibinu, "But it was ever so much fun."

Shaking her head and looking over at Inquisitor, "They are right though this is not something we want to be common knowledge until we understand it better."


Inquisitor Ly Van looks down at the floor, taking the time to consider Inam's and Ibinu's questions. In a somber tone, he says, "Unfortunately, Inam, it is not such a simple matter as a signature." He smiles ruefully. "If only evil elens would announce themselves so plainly."

Looking at the dead female sylph, he continues, "I dare not start my search with bias or preconceptions. The only way to conduct this will be with circumspection and subtlety." He turns back to you, a careful look on his face. "And--please do not take this the wrong way--that means I must do this on my own. If you trust me, you must wait for me to contact you."

Bian nods. "Very wise, sir-"

"That includes you, sinh viên. You are part of their group now, and you must not be associated with me while I conduct this search. Is this understood?"

Without waiting for a response, he walks out.


female NG Oread Bloodrager (crossblooded Air Elemental & Fey) Lvl 3 HP 16/24 |AC-15 T-11 FF-14 | F+5 R+3 W+2 (+2 on ally and self cast spells) |CMB+5 CMD165 | Init+1 | Perc +5 | Rage 8/9rnd |HP 18/26 |AC-13 T-11 FF-12 | F+7 R+3 W+4 | CMB+7 CMD18 | Spd 40ft burrow 10ft | Uncanny Dodge (never ff) | Active Conditions none

Sense freaking motive: 1d20 ⇒ 9


Bian takes a few steps toward the door, then stops. She takes a deep breath in, and releases it slowly. She looks at each of you, one at a time, as she speaks "So...team...I am without friends and without my mentor. I know you do not easily trust those from the Temple, but..." her voice catches for a moment, "will you trust me? Please?"


Inquisitors play it pretty close to the chest - no luck there Kallik. If anyone wants to stop Ly Van before he leaves, feel free. Anyone else who wants a Sense Motive may do so.


Female LG Sylph Paladin (Chosen One) 3 | HP:24/28 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 17 Fl) {+2 vs nonmagical) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +2; Immune Fear & Disease | Init: +0 | Perc: -2, SM: +4 | Speed: 20ft, Climb: 15ft | Detect Evil: At Will, Smite Evil 1/1, Lay on Hands 3/6 | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Aura of Good, Aura of Courage (+4 Morale bonus vs fear to allies in 10ft)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
DAMN!


Inam:
Before you were chosen by Volcano (and subsequently exiled from your home), you saw a particular look on your father's face now and then. It was not the look of pity after you failed to live up to his expectations; it was not the look of surprise at your burgeoning martial skills; nor was it the fleeting look of regret as you walked out the door.

Simply put, it was an expression of paternal affection. You see it now on Ly Van's face, as he looks at Bian. He would do nothing to put her, or by extension any of you, in danger.


female NG Oread Bloodrager (crossblooded Air Elemental & Fey) Lvl 3 HP 16/24 |AC-15 T-11 FF-14 | F+5 R+3 W+2 (+2 on ally and self cast spells) |CMB+5 CMD165 | Init+1 | Perc +5 | Rage 8/9rnd |HP 18/26 |AC-13 T-11 FF-12 | F+7 R+3 W+4 | CMB+7 CMD18 | Spd 40ft burrow 10ft | Uncanny Dodge (never ff) | Active Conditions none

Pushing herself up and keeping a hand on her stomach, "Just a moment please?"

Assuming the Inquisitor stops, "I am not meaning to make things difficult but I am rather good at it. You want us to wait for you but I do not know you. It is impossible to not have a bias."


He nods. Holding up his hands in a helpless gesture, he asks, "But what can I do to earn your trust on such short notice? Even now, if anyone remembers me talking with the four of you for an extended period of time, it could complicate my inquiries." Ly Van looks at you to see what your reply will be.


female NG Oread Bloodrager (crossblooded Air Elemental & Fey) Lvl 3 HP 16/24 |AC-15 T-11 FF-14 | F+5 R+3 W+2 (+2 on ally and self cast spells) |CMB+5 CMD165 | Init+1 | Perc +5 | Rage 8/9rnd |HP 18/26 |AC-13 T-11 FF-12 | F+7 R+3 W+4 | CMB+7 CMD18 | Spd 40ft burrow 10ft | Uncanny Dodge (never ff) | Active Conditions none

Grimacing and shifting her stance to be further from the wall before speaking, "How long are we to wait then? What if you die?"


Female LG Sylph Paladin (Chosen One) 3 | HP:24/28 | AC: 17 (10 Tch, 17 Fl) {+2 vs nonmagical) | CMB: +5, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +2; Immune Fear & Disease | Init: +0 | Perc: -2, SM: +4 | Speed: 20ft, Climb: 15ft | Detect Evil: At Will, Smite Evil 1/1, Lay on Hands 3/6 | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Aura of Good, Aura of Courage (+4 Morale bonus vs fear to allies in 10ft)

Looking between the pair of inquisitors, a knowing look on her face. Inam nods slightly. "I understand. On the Warrior's honor, we'll protect the lass."

Stepping towards Kallik, the sylph put a hand on her shoulder. "I know it's not easy to trust. It puts us in a vulnerable state we dislike. But let Ly Van go. His intentions are righteous."

Turning back to the inquisitor, she advises "We do have other dealings to attend to in the mean time. I suspect if we suddenly stagnated in the Temple, it would increases the suspicion. Volcano's will with you and yours." Finishing, she grants the undine a curtsy and tries to lead Kallik away.

Looking into the oread's eyes, piercing into its very soul with her gaze, she smiles. "Wasn't there something you wished to investigate regarding your sister? That would be a goodness we could do in the meantime, yes?"


NG Sylph Alchemist 3 | (Modifiers) None | HP: 19/24 | AC 17, Tch 13, Fl 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +2 | Speed 30ft | Climb 20 ft | Bombs: 6/6 | Extracts 1st: 0/4 prepped (0/0 open slot) | Featherfall 1/1 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Init: +3

Ibinu searches his lack of memories again, have I had contact with Bian before? Can I trust her like my teammates do?

He interjects before Ly Van leaves, "Kallik, we trusted Bian before with this information and that trust extends to anyone she trusts, at least in my mind."

I hope that that answers Bian's question too.


Two party members are okay with him leaving, so Ly Van leaves now.

Bian grins widely with tears in her eyes. "That means a lot coming from you, Ibinu. Thank you." She gives Ibinu a brief hug, then looks embarrassed. "I can lock this building up and put a simple ward on it to tell others it is currently being used."

Her stomach grumbles. She gives a small smile and says, "And, despite all that has happened, the candles still burn. Shall we find some dinner?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Sylph Alchemist 3 | (Modifiers) None | HP: 19/24 | AC 17, Tch 13, Fl 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +2 | Speed 30ft | Climb 20 ft | Bombs: 6/6 | Extracts 1st: 0/4 prepped (0/0 open slot) | Featherfall 1/1 | Perc: +7, SM: +1 | Init: +3

Ibinu unsure of what to do returns the hug, why is everyone hugging me?

When Bian mentions food his stomach gurgles as well and he adds, "I would also like to eat something. It has been a long food-less day."


female NG Oread Bloodrager (crossblooded Air Elemental & Fey) Lvl 3 HP 16/24 |AC-15 T-11 FF-14 | F+5 R+3 W+2 (+2 on ally and self cast spells) |CMB+5 CMD165 | Init+1 | Perc +5 | Rage 8/9rnd |HP 18/26 |AC-13 T-11 FF-12 | F+7 R+3 W+4 | CMB+7 CMD18 | Spd 40ft burrow 10ft | Uncanny Dodge (never ff) | Active Conditions none

Not taking her eyes off of the Inquisitor but not having it in her to fight Inam's attempt to move her.

Glaring at the retreating form, "I still would rather have my question answered though."

Sucking in a deep breath to start speaking again, "I am not a child and yes there are other things that can occupy our time but knowing when to much time has passed in his manner would have been nice."


Quietly, Bian says, "Would the answer 'I don't know' have really made you feel any better? To either of your questions?" Master Ly Van usually prefers silence when the answer does not enlighten."


female NG Oread Bloodrager (crossblooded Air Elemental & Fey) Lvl 3 HP 16/24 |AC-15 T-11 FF-14 | F+5 R+3 W+2 (+2 on ally and self cast spells) |CMB+5 CMD165 | Init+1 | Perc +5 | Rage 8/9rnd |HP 18/26 |AC-13 T-11 FF-12 | F+7 R+3 W+4 | CMB+7 CMD18 | Spd 40ft burrow 10ft | Uncanny Dodge (never ff) | Active Conditions none

Turning to face Bian, "That is irritating."

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,208 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Volcano's Land - A New Beginning All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.