Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Vaylen Trade Guild - Couriers with a Difference

Game Master Wolfwaker

No job too difficult, no fee too large - motto of the Vaylen Trade Guild affixed to the door of the wagon... mildly singed.


751 to 800 of 1,108 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

"Oh, it's sort of like a big frog, only it has these for fangs." She rummages around and hands you a tusk the size of a short sword "There's a bog two miles north of here where they live, but I'm getting a bit old to be catching those buggers!"


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

Kalum, still bleary eyed, carefully tries to heft a crate to see how heavy they are.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

I watch everything she does with rapt attention. "Oh my!" I whisper after witnessing her change.

I can use wands via use magic device, what kind of 'witch wands' are there, and do they work like normal wands?


Female Elf Investigator 8 | 62/62 | AC 21/16/15 | CMD 22 | F 3/R 12/W 7 | Init +6 | Perc +17/+19 traps

If this campaign considers them arcane, anything common - also on the Wizard/Sorcerer list can be used by Rena. Infernal Healing?

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

Like normal wands but turns you into a toad...jk.

Look at the witch spell list, level 1.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

I see a few that would be useful. I see Burning hands, Cure light wounds, or sleep as possibly being useful to us, anyone else have input?


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

I can heal. Sleep is good now, but quickly powers out (4 HD). Burning hands is always useful but is 1d4, with a crappy DC. Comprehend languages, detect secret doors, ill omen and mask dweomer are useful forever.

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

So basically you have the delivery job and if you want to try to get her some slurk slime before the delivery you can.


Female Elf Investigator 8 | 62/62 | AC 21/16/15 | CMD 22 | F 3/R 12/W 7 | Init +6 | Perc +17/+19 traps

As the newb, I defer on both counts. All you, boys!


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

"I would be interested in gathering some slurk slime for you, perhaps for another wand or two?" I say.

I realize that Kalum can heal but if we also had a wand of cure light, I could act as a backup healer when necessary, or heal myself. Also have my eye on a burning hands wand, that would give me another offensive option that is also an area attack. Also I know I can use witch wands due to use magic device skill, however whether Grenadel or Kalum can I don't know, can you use it if you share the spell on your spell list or does it not count because a witch made it and their magic is different?

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

"All right, dearies. Get me some slurk slime and I'll make you another wand. Sounds like fun!" she cackles.

"I'm afraid there's not much room in here but there's an old barn out back that I don't use. You can sleep there and I'll show you where to go in the morning."


Female Elf Investigator 8 | 62/62 | AC 21/16/15 | CMD 22 | F 3/R 12/W 7 | Init +6 | Perc +17/+19 traps

Rena seems excited at the prospect of adventure. Please tell me more about these... Slurk. Are the intelligent, solitary, nocturnal... I'd be delighted to learn more.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

Knowledge
(Arcana) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
(Nature) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

"Not too smart, but hard to catch. Usually you just see one or two together. I hear em' croakin' at night so they might be easier to find then. They can squirt a sticky slime from their backs that sticks to you and slows you down, and a grease from their bellies that's slippery. I could use some of both. The worst thing is their bites. Watch out for those fangs, eh? There's a marsh about a mile north where you should be able to find 'em."


"Do you perhaps have some remedy against those fangs, which you would use when you went hunting them by yourself?"

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

"Just try to be quick, eh?"


*Team Site* Male Half Orc Cavalier 1
Stats:
HP 13 : AC16 T12 FF14 : Falchion +3;2d4+3/18-20x2 : Lance +2;1d8+2/x3 : F-4 R-0 W-0 | INIT 3, Perc 0, Ride 6, CMB +3

Shorga listens impassively, but can't help but curl his lip as the Slurks are described, and looks down at his mostly clean and well-maintained armor. He sighs heavily at the messy prospect, but nods at the directions, "We appreshiate the hoshpitality, we'll try to be ash quick ash posshible." Assuming it's pretty late and we'll be sleeping first.

Once all the questions have been asked the half-orc goes out to retrieve Ursa and leads his faithful animal to the old barn, taking care she is brushed and fed before setting out his own sleeping roll. As the night closes in, "We besht get an early shtart, we've much to do in the morning. If we can quickly catch the Snark she requiresh we could try and accomplish both errandsh on the morrow."


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

Kalum is going to meditate under the stars before bed. No-one needs healing or restoration, right?


*Team Site* Male Half Orc Cavalier 1
Stats:
HP 13 : AC16 T12 FF14 : Falchion +3;2d4+3/18-20x2 : Lance +2;1d8+2/x3 : F-4 R-0 W-0 | INIT 3, Perc 0, Ride 6, CMB +3

Not I

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

The night passes uneventfully, although light sleepers may be unnerved more than usual by the sounds of the forest. Kalum at one point sees a pair of glowing eyes watching from the forest but it was likely just an animal.


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

Kalum will memorise Summon monster II and Spiritual Weapon, if that's okay.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

I believe that I am well enough, apologies for the delay, I have been rather busy with work. No one else has input about the 2 wands that we are to get now? I pass the night uneventfully sleeping peacefully through the noises of the forest, being used to travel.


*Team Site* Male Half Orc Cavalier 1
Stats:
HP 13 : AC16 T12 FF14 : Falchion +3;2d4+3/18-20x2 : Lance +2;1d8+2/x3 : F-4 R-0 W-0 | INIT 3, Perc 0, Ride 6, CMB +3

CLW seems to always be a good option is we can't think of a better one.

Rising with the others Shorga saddles and covers Ursa in her new armor and seems excited for the next job. "Let ush be off, the Shnarksh are only a mile or sho to the north, ash the lady shaid." Once the others are read he sets off, lance pointed to the sky and leads the wagon towards their quarry.


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

"If it is that close, let's leave the wagon."


Female Elf Investigator 8 | 62/62 | AC 21/16/15 | CMD 22 | F 3/R 12/W 7 | Init +6 | Perc +17/+19 traps

How will we transport the... Frog?


*Team Site* Male Half Orc Cavalier 1
Stats:
HP 13 : AC16 T12 FF14 : Falchion +3;2d4+3/18-20x2 : Lance +2;1d8+2/x3 : F-4 R-0 W-0 | INIT 3, Perc 0, Ride 6, CMB +3

Agreed about leaving the wagon, just moving us along :)

"How about on a shtick?" The cavalier says with complete seriousnes. "Doesh it need to be alive?"


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

"She never did say if they needed to be alive or not, better bring it back alive, just in case." I say as we walk along the path toward the 'frogs.'

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

There is a large dirty blanket in the barn, if you want to use it to wrap it up.

In the morning, you set off on the trail toward the lake. You emerge from the forest to find a large area of shallow water, interrupted by cypress trees and stumps.

Perception/survival/know nature check ...


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

Wolfwaker:

Not sure if you meant three rolls or one. I'd pick survival (+10) if one
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Survival 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Know:Nature 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


*Team Site* Male Half Orc Cavalier 1
Stats:
HP 13 : AC16 T12 FF14 : Falchion +3;2d4+3/18-20x2 : Lance +2;1d8+2/x3 : F-4 R-0 W-0 | INIT 3, Perc 0, Ride 6, CMB +3

Perception/survival/know nature check: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Knowledge Nature 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Female Elf Investigator 8 | 62/62 | AC 21/16/15 | CMD 22 | F 3/R 12/W 7 | Init +6 | Perc +17/+19 traps

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Kn Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

Shorga spots a cat-sized frog-like creature sitting on a floating log some 100 feet away. Rena, reading the waves and the lay of the terrain, is able to identify a mostly dry curving path of approach.


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

"So" whispers Kalum "What's the plan, Shorga?"


*Team Site* Male Half Orc Cavalier 1
Stats:
HP 13 : AC16 T12 FF14 : Falchion +3;2d4+3/18-20x2 : Lance +2;1d8+2/x3 : F-4 R-0 W-0 | INIT 3, Perc 0, Ride 6, CMB +3

After pointing out the small creature to the others, and seeing the path Rena points out, considers Kalums question. Turning to the smaller Halfling, "I'm unshertain, aren't you the Navigator?" he says with a humorous twinkle in his eye. "Well, if shomeone can shneak up and catch it, that would be besht. If it shpooks and triesh to flee we musht take it down and hushtle it back to the woman." He looks up and around at the others, "Any volunteersh for retrieval duty?" he asks, and gives his rattling armor a rueful rap with his knuckles. He dismounts from Ursa, and retrieves the large dirty blanket for whomever volunteers to get the Snark.


Female Elf Investigator 8 | 62/62 | AC 21/16/15 | CMD 22 | F 3/R 12/W 7 | Init +6 | Perc +17/+19 traps

Is that a baby? I expected it to be bigger...


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

"Either way, lets do this. I can assist with retrieval"

Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Female Elf Investigator 8 | 62/62 | AC 21/16/15 | CMD 22 | F 3/R 12/W 7 | Init +6 | Perc +17/+19 traps

What if mama-frog is much bigger?


*Team Site* Male Half Orc Cavalier 1
Stats:
HP 13 : AC16 T12 FF14 : Falchion +3;2d4+3/18-20x2 : Lance +2;1d8+2/x3 : F-4 R-0 W-0 | INIT 3, Perc 0, Ride 6, CMB +3

Shorga frowns, "The woman shaid nothing about mama-frogsh." He also pats his weapons for a moment, and curses under his breath. I need to remember to get a weapon with range! the cavalier thinks to himself.


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

"What do you mean? Looks plenty big to me!" Kalum hisses.


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

"Alright, whoever's going out there, I can give you some protection from drowning. I can also probably distract the frog - slurk."


Female Elf Investigator 8 | 62/62 | AC 21/16/15 | CMD 22 | F 3/R 12/W 7 | Init +6 | Perc +17/+19 traps

"Just expected fangs the length of shortswords. Ready, when you are.

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

*Croak* can be heard from the slurk in the distance.

Who is going out there?


Female Elf Investigator 8 | 62/62 | AC 21/16/15 | CMD 22 | F 3/R 12/W 7 | Init +6 | Perc +17/+19 traps

Rena slinks forward.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

As rena leaves Kalum invokes the blessing of the Key and the Gate on her.
Air Bubble


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

I was planning on assisting, hence stealth roll with my previous post.


*Team Site* Male Half Orc Cavalier 1
Stats:
HP 13 : AC16 T12 FF14 : Falchion +3;2d4+3/18-20x2 : Lance +2;1d8+2/x3 : F-4 R-0 W-0 | INIT 3, Perc 0, Ride 6, CMB +3

Shorga stands watching anxiously as Rena makes her way to the slurk, holding Ursa's reins in one hand.


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

"Hey Shorga - can you lift me up so I can see?"

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

Rena makes her way quietly to within a few feet of the slurk, without disturbing it, when she notices a large pair of eyes break the surface of the water near her.

Initiative:
slurks: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Rena: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Kalum: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Shorga: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Icarus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Order:
Rena
slurks
Shorga
Icarus
Kalum


Female Elf Investigator 8 | 62/62 | AC 21/16/15 | CMD 22 | F 3/R 12/W 7 | Init +6 | Perc +17/+19 traps

Rena reaches into a belt-pouch, producing colored sand on the palm of her upturned hand. And... blows. She muttters something, which can't be made out, then runs for cover behind the nearest tree.

Color Spray, 15 cone at the eyes. DC 14.

751 to 800 of 1,108 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Vaylen Trade Guild - Come Rain, Sleet, Snow or Cataclysm: On Time and Under Budget All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.