Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Vaylen Trade Guild - Couriers with a Difference

Game Master Wolfwaker

No job too difficult, no fee too large - motto of the Vaylen Trade Guild affixed to the door of the wagon... mildly singed.


651 to 700 of 1,108 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

*Team Site* Male Half Orc Cavalier 1
Stats:
HP 13 : AC16 T12 FF14 : Falchion +3;2d4+3/18-20x2 : Lance +2;1d8+2/x3 : F-4 R-0 W-0 | INIT 3, Perc 0, Ride 6, CMB +3

Wahoo! That definitely looks epic in my mind. :)

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

Shorga Brull wrote:
Wahoo! That definitely looks epic in my mind. :)

Cue Indiana Jones theme.


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

Kalum grabs his crossbow, gets on the cart, and shoots the first bee to come within fifteen feet!

readied action:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 [dice]1d8[/.dice]


Sorry. init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

I pull out my bow and get ready to shoot at the bees.

An bhfuil aon cheann de tú tíre cothrom ar fud? Is dóigh liom nár cheart dúinn dochar beacha más féidir leat iad a choinneáil ó dochar dúinn.

translation:
Are any of you fair folk around? I feel we should not harm the bees if you can keep them from harming us.

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8


Sorry, I thought I had posted an update but forgot to finish it. Rather than redo all the rolls I will post from what I remember.


Order:
Otis
Bees
Shorga
guys at camp


Otis gets an action from horseback before the bees attack. The ones at the camp have a couple of rounds before the chase arrives. They should be within bow range now though. Kalum, why 15 feet...did you forget your glasses?

The bees close on the horse and riders as Shorga guides the horse in an all-out gallop. The swarming bees are swatted away by Otis but one stings Ursa. As Otis turns back he sees two other bees in pursuit further back.

4 damage, Fort save


*Team Site* Male Half Orc Cavalier 1
Stats:
HP 13 : AC16 T12 FF14 : Falchion +3;2d4+3/18-20x2 : Lance +2;1d8+2/x3 : F-4 R-0 W-0 | INIT 3, Perc 0, Ride 6, CMB +3

Ouch!
Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Ride - Guide with knees (use two hands): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Ride - Stay in Saddle (since he took damage): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Tugging on the falchion over his shoulder, Shorga rips it free and tries a swipe at the overly large bee which just gave him the painful sting. The trees and bushes whip past in a blur as they continue to barrel another 200 feet towards the water and the others.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 and Damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8

EDIT: Attack (confirm crit): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 and Damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8

Shorga: 16/20hp, 18AC. | Ursa: 25/25hp, 15AC.

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

Ursa was hit, not Shorga...save is OK though. This I go-you-go combat is kind of janky for a chase but I'll work with it.

map:

Tree

240'

Bees (2)
.
.
.
60'
.
.
Bees (3)
.
.
.
.
.
100'
.
.
.
.
Horse
.
.
.
.
100'
.
.
.
.
.
Stream (10')
Stream
.
20'
.
.
Camp

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

Shorga turns in the saddle and expertly dispatches the closest bee.


*Team Site* Male Half Orc Cavalier 1
Stats:
HP 13 : AC16 T12 FF14 : Falchion +3;2d4+3/18-20x2 : Lance +2;1d8+2/x3 : F-4 R-0 W-0 | INIT 3, Perc 0, Ride 6, CMB +3

Apologies for my ignorance, but are we now at the top of initiative? Just had a horrible thought that people were waiting on me.

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

Need an action for Otis. I guess a ride check is in order to see if he can do anything. Icarus and Kalum can go now if they can shoot 240'.


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

Thought they were about 1 round off. If that far away, then sure :)
perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
ranged attack (including -2 for range)1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Otis is mostly occupied with trying to keep in the saddle and not lose the honey:
Ride: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
I think Otis is not sitting in an actual saddle, so that should be at -5.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

Still waiting, holding my action to see if I get any kind of response from the fair folk.

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

I don't think I did all the initiative rolls earlier and I may not have been consistent in the second round so apologies for that.

Bees 20
Otis 20
Shorga 14
Kalum: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Kiren: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Icarus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Nice set of rolls!

The fair folk do not seem to respond to Icarus' plea.
Kalum takes aim at the pursuing bees at long range and miraculously hits one.
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 4

New round.

Kalum
Icarus
Otis
Bees
Kiren
Shorga

All five have caught up to the horse and are threatening. AoO at -2 as you move away. Ride check to jump the stream.

map:

.Bees(5)
Horse
.
.
.
.
100'
.
.
.
.
.
Stream (10')
Stream
.
20'
.
.
Camp


*Team Site* Male Half Orc Cavalier 1
Stats:
HP 13 : AC16 T12 FF14 : Falchion +3;2d4+3/18-20x2 : Lance +2;1d8+2/x3 : F-4 R-0 W-0 | INIT 3, Perc 0, Ride 6, CMB +3

Now that Ursa is closer, Shorga tries to limit her retreat to a carefull 100' withdraw, rather than a mad dash across the fields. I believe I'm not quite to the stream if I only move 100'. Doing this to avoid as many AoO's as possible.

Ride - Guide with knees (frees up both hands): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Ride - Stay in Saddle (if takes damage): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Ride - Jump Stream (if applicable): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Shorga swings again, guiding Ursa forward with just his knees, willing Otis to hang on tightly.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 and Damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6

Ride - Nullify Damage (if Ursa is attacked): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

Kalum frantically reloads


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

"Kiren, did you ever make any of those smoke sticks that we were talking about for the bees?"

Still holding my action

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

Shorga swings at the bees in vain. Finding it impossible to avoid their attacks, he spurs Ursa onward as one bee gives Shorga a painful sting in the arm. Fort save! Ursa easily jumps the stream with Otis hanging on for dear life.

Bee attack Otis:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
damage:1d4 ⇒ 2
Bee attack Shorga:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
damage:1d4 ⇒ 3
Bee attack Ursa:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
damage:1d4 ⇒ 2
Bee attack Ursa:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
damage:1d4 ⇒ 3


Elf Alchemist 2 (HP 13 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +6 | W -1| Init +5 | Per +6 )

Was going to try to smoke them out with regular wood smoke.

Kiren shakes his head at Icarus and then launches a bomb over the horse and riders and toward the group of bees. The bomb hits one of the bees and explodes with a flash, momentarily scattering the bees.

attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
which bee 1d5 ⇒ 2

Ursa and the riders arrive in camp as he lands in a cloud of dust.

New round. Bees are just across the stream.


*Team Site* Male Half Orc Cavalier 1
Stats:
HP 13 : AC16 T12 FF14 : Falchion +3;2d4+3/18-20x2 : Lance +2;1d8+2/x3 : F-4 R-0 W-0 | INIT 3, Perc 0, Ride 6, CMB +3

I know this is meta, and I'll accept any ruling, just noticed the attack roll appeared to be a hit on Ursa and a miss on Shorga, and that my nullify damage roll did beat the attack roll if in fact Ursa was the one who got stung. Just wanted to mention that to spare some damage if possible. ;)
Fort Save (works for either Shorga or Ursa, same bonus): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Ride - Guide with knees (frees up both hands): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Ride - Stay in Saddle (if takes damage): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Shorga brings Ursa around and readies himself to take down one of the bee's if they come across the stream, preferably one that seems injured. "Theshe blashted thingsh won't quit!" his voice is ragged from swallowing in breath after their sprint away from the hive, Ursa heaving in great gulps of air as well.

Readied Action
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 and Damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9

Shorga: 20/20hp, 18AC. | Ursa: 21/25hp, 15AC. (depending on GM ruling...)

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

Sorry, you are correct. Ursa evades the bee by your expert horsemanship.


*Team Site* Male Half Orc Cavalier 1
Stats:
HP 13 : AC16 T12 FF14 : Falchion +3;2d4+3/18-20x2 : Lance +2;1d8+2/x3 : F-4 R-0 W-0 | INIT 3, Perc 0, Ride 6, CMB +3

GoooooOOO Horsemanship!!


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

I will finally attack since the bees are getting so close, I wish to do subdule damage however so I will be breaking the heads off the arrows prior to shooting them.

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 4

+1 to both if within 30 ft


Otis clings to Shorga with one hand and to the honey with the other hand as the half-orc pushes the horse to its limits.
Ride: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 5 = 7

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

Moving things along, Kalum will attack and I'll do all the defensive rolls here.

Kalum fires at close range, but his wild shot flies harmlessly up in the air.

1d20 ⇒ 2 +whatever
damage1d8 ⇒ 7

One bee flees and four remain, swarming around Otis and the stolen honey.

Bee attack Otis:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
damage:1d4 ⇒ 4
Bee attack Otis:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
damage:1d4 ⇒ 4
Bee attack Shorga:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
damage:1d4 ⇒ 4
Bee attack Ursa:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
damage:1d4 ⇒ 4

Looks like 1 hit each for Shorga, Ursa, and Otis.
Fort save Otis:1d20 ⇒ 2+whatever unsuccessful
Fort save Shorga:1d20 ⇒ 14+whatever fine
Fort save Ursa:1d20 ⇒ 7+whatever doesn't matter
Ride check:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 nullifying the damage

Strength damage for Otis: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Kiren draws his long curved sword and swings at one of the bees, knocking it to the ground.
attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
damage:1d10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
which bee: 1d4 ⇒ 3

New round.

Kalum
Icarus
Otis
Bees
Kiren
Shorga


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

Sorry - should have said, Kalum spent a full round action reloading the heavy crossbow. Kalum only gets to shoot every second round. Still, I'm at the start of the round, so the attack can have been mine anyway :)


If we were playing Munchkin, I would totally NOT say that the second bee rolled a natural 20 on its attack...
Otis yelps in pain as he tries to protect himself from the oversized insects.
Ride to get cover: 1d20 ⇒ 11
But it's hard to do when not sitting properly in a saddle, and he grits his teeth as the numbing poison spreads over his back.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

I will attempt to shoot another broken arrow.

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 4
+1 to both if in 30ft

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

Kalum, if I kept track properly, there was a new round beginning with Kiren's latest post where you could have shot.

Thanks, Otis. Crit confirmation.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
You're safe from that at least. BTW I think the bees were cheating on their damage rolls above.

Icarus hits bee #1d3 ⇒ 2 No map since they are in constant motion.

Three bees continue to swarm around. It's hard to track an individual bee since they won't stay still. The two worst-injured have flown away.

Bee attack Otis:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
damage:1d4 ⇒ 2
Bee attack Kalum:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
damage:1d4 ⇒ 4
Bee attack Kiren:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
damage:1d4 ⇒ 3

Crit confirmation:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Kiren fort save:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 success


Otis, I'm not sure what you're attempting to do. I don't think you can evade the attack. You can change your action if you like. Also another fort save DC12 or 1d2 STR damage each round until you are successful.


Oh - okay. Sorry. Is it possible to get round numbers or something? I don't want to take more turns than I'm supposed to, and this one turn reloading makes that confusing. I probably should have gotten a light crossbow. Am I right then that Kalum spent this turn reloading? And just got attacked by a bee carrying a loaded crossbow?


DC15 Ride check to get cover
I'm not sure how big is the honeycomb piece and if Otis can hold it with one hand?
Fort save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Str damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1


*Team Site* Male Half Orc Cavalier 1
Stats:
HP 13 : AC16 T12 FF14 : Falchion +3;2d4+3/18-20x2 : Lance +2;1d8+2/x3 : F-4 R-0 W-0 | INIT 3, Perc 0, Ride 6, CMB +3

I don't think I saw Shorga's readied action get resolved.

Shorga Brull wrote:

... Shorga brings Ursa around and readies himself to take down one of the bee's if they come across the stream, preferably one that seems injured. "Theshe blashted thingsh won't quit!" his voice is ragged from swallowing in breath after their sprint away from the hive, Ursa heaving in great gulps of air as well.

Readied Action
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 and Damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9

This round

Ride - Guide with knees (frees up both hands): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Ride - Stay in Saddle (if takes damage): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Shorga sucks in his breath as the stinger enters his flesh, but he shakes off any adverse effects. He turns his anger to swinging once more at the annoying and potent enemies buzzing around them. Ursa just focuses on not getting hurt. (Total Defense for Ursa)
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 and Damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7

Shorga: 16/20hp, 18AC. | Ursa: 25/25hp, 19/15AC.

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

Kalum: I will try to add round numbers from now on.
Shorga: sorry I missed that.

Otis: max of 2 more rounds STR damage. The first successful DC12 save stops it.

Unable to resist the flurry of attacks, the bees retreat back to a safe distance. They are still buzzing about in the trees but they are not threatening at the moment.
Otis seems to have gathered a nice quantity of honey.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

I will break off another arrow head and shoot the bees

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
damage 1d8 ⇒ 5

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

The bees take no notice of Icarus' errant shot. It seems like you may have an opportunity to get on the road now.

Speaking of which, I am traveling this week so I'm not sure how often I will check in.


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

"Let's go!"


Fort save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
A total of 3 Str damage

Otis slides, or almost drops, off Ursa. "Thanks a bunch Shorga, you've saved my sorry hide out there. Those buggers STING!"

He deposits the honey inside the carriage, and climbs clumsily on the driver's seat, clutching his side.
"Ahh, feels like home. Let's return before they decide to bring some kind of backup."
Drive: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

You hastily toss everything into the carriage, and get underway as quickly as possible. The trip back to the lumber camp is uneventful. Lt. Naran seems pleased with the honey and sends his servant with payment after he is satisfied that it is legitimate. 1000 gp minus the fifth for the guild.

You are introduced to an elf named Rena who has been waiting for you with a message for Kiren and orders from the Guild to join your party.

At this point go ahead and level up to 3rd level. If you want some basic items you can check at the store. I'll let Rena introduce herself and then introduce a new mission.


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

YAY!!!. Wait, who's tracking the gold now?


Female Elf Wizard 2/Ranger 1

Rena is tall and slender yet full of life. She beams a smile, reaching out a hand to shake each of yours.

Grenadel Rena Aeleanir, reporting for duty... as it were. You can call me Rena. Apparently you guys are all the "buzz".

The elf travels light, just a pack over her shoulder. She has the look of a scholar in some strange way.


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

Kalum peers up (and up) at the newcomer as he shakes hand
"Kalum Navigator. Is Aeleanir your job?" he asks curiously


*Team Site* Male Half Orc Cavalier 1
Stats:
HP 13 : AC16 T12 FF14 : Falchion +3;2d4+3/18-20x2 : Lance +2;1d8+2/x3 : F-4 R-0 W-0 | INIT 3, Perc 0, Ride 6, CMB +3

In the woods
Shorga shrugs the praise away, "You would have done the shame for me, I'm glad I wash in a poshition to asshisht." Shorga takes up rear guard, rubbing at his own bee sting while trying to keep an eye on the bee's to sure they keep their distance. "Let ush be off!" (No pun intended) :)

Back at camp - and wahoo for level 3!!
Shorga shakes the womans hand, unsure how to address someone as official and scholarly looking as her, much more used to those with a martial background, "Miss Rena, pleashure to have you with ush. I am Shorga, and thish is my horshe, Ursha." He allows horse and the new arrival to become acquainted. He gives the woman a look over, "Sho, not to be rude, but we've been through shome difficult s!~&uations thush far. To be blunt, what shkills do you bring to the carriage, ash it were?"


Female Elf Wizard 2/Ranger 1

Rena smiles, tilting her head with a quirky expression, No, not my job... Kalum. My elven surname. My job is up to you and the team. Though I can see where you could think that, Mr. Navigator.


Init +3 Perception +7 21/21 HP

"Do you know how to treat beestings?"


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

"Good to meet you miss, glad to have you aboard our jolly crew. Let us press on to our next mission no?"

I will level up tomorrow morning.


Otis attempts his best (still not very good) smile.
"A pleasure to have you onboard, Rena. Our carriage could definitely use a female touch. Currently it looks too much like a barracks section."


Female Elf Wizard 2/Ranger 1

"Thank you all for the welcome. I do hope adding a girl to the mix doesn't upset any existing synergies. I'm not all that good with animals or people, truth be told... I need context. So I do fancy myself a driver, but would probably best be left for backup. And I do dabble in... the Arts."

Rena nods her readiness to go.


*Team Site* Male Half Orc Cavalier 1
Stats:
HP 13 : AC16 T12 FF14 : Falchion +3;2d4+3/18-20x2 : Lance +2;1d8+2/x3 : F-4 R-0 W-0 | INIT 3, Perc 0, Ride 6, CMB +3

As they wait for the word from the Trading Company masters as to their next location, Shorga continues their conversation. "Well Otish here ish our driver, but a backup never hurtsh. I act ash one of the guardsh, with Ursha's help of course," He rubs his horses neck affectionately. "The Artsh you shay? Which do you shpecialize in? Dance, music, painting perhapsh?"


Female Elf Wizard 2/Ranger 1

Rena cocks her head, raising a brow as if getting a read on Mr. Brull. "Arcane," she smiles politely.

651 to 700 of 1,108 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Vaylen Trade Guild - Come Rain, Sleet, Snow or Cataclysm: On Time and Under Budget All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.