Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Varisian Chronicler's Skinsaw Murders

Game Master Ludomancer


51 to 100 of 1,467 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

There's a handaxe on the floor near the log-splitter.


F/R/W: +10/+9/+10 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 24; Perc: +14; Init: +6; Max HP: 68 Current HP: 68

Praxim gives the hand axe a tentative sniff.


The axe has the same type of stench as the footprints and the rest of the mill, only much stronger. Make a DC 14 Fort check or become sickened.

Where to now?


F/R/W: +10/+9/+10 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 24; Perc: +14; Init: +6; Max HP: 68 Current HP: 68

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

"Faugh!!!! That's wretched! I'd say either the stinky things owned this and left it behind, or our victims put up a good struggle and managed to get one of them with this."

Praxim looks decidedly green.


Male Shoanti (human) Slayer 1

Lucian is puffing his pipe, filling his nose with the aromatic tabacco.
He looks at Paxim and says: "Maybe we should check out the sanatorium next? As far as I remember the last conversation.... there is an eye witness"


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 3; Init. +2; Perception +8; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 39/57; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9

"That sounds sensible to me," Lym says. "Call it the wizard's point of view, but I prefer to be well-supplied with all the available information before acting."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 7
Spoiler:
HPs: 42/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni with her hold on a boat, motions to Tomaru, "Perhaps we should go to the other side of the river just to check it out?"


Male Human Cleric 8; HP 59/59; AC 20 T 12 FF 19; Fo +8 Re +4 Wi +12; Init +1 Percep +6; Channel Energy 7/7

"Alright. Let's." Tomaru goes to assist with the boat.


Searching the marsh, you find a relatively dry spot bearing barefooted human tracks and the lingering stench of rotten flesh.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 7
Spoiler:
HPs: 42/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

From across the water on the other side of the lake, Rhianni points a finger at Lucian and Lym, she whispers words into the wind, to be carried to their ears. "There is a human footprint over here, accompanied by the stench of the undead. Come see!"

Rhianni uses message spell to Lym and Lucian


Male Shoanti (human) Slayer 1

Lucian follows the summons and tries to follow the tracks aided by Fang.


Lucian:
The prints lead from and back into the river. The spot here offers a perfect view of the lumber mill, and it's hidden well by several low banks of nettles.

Sanatorium next?


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 7
Spoiler:
HPs: 42/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni follows Lucian and his dog, encouraging Tomaru to come along too.


Male Shoanti (human) Slayer 1

Aye


The Saintly Haven of Respite, more commonly known as Habe's Sanatorium, lies in a limestone escarpment known as Ashen Rise, in a remote dale, south of Sandpoint. The squat, stone building sits under a stone-flagged roof, the entrance a simple wooden door. As you get closer, an aging, lanky, well-dressed man with glasses greets you at the entrace, "Yes? May I help you?"


Male Shoanti (human) Slayer 1

Lucian puts on his most friendly face and says:[b]"The sheriff sent us. We are here to see the... witness."[/]


Male Human Cleric 8; HP 59/59; AC 20 T 12 FF 19; Fo +8 Re +4 Wi +12; Init +1 Percep +6; Channel Energy 7/7

Tomaru goes along with the heroes of sandpoint.


F/R/W: +10/+9/+10 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 24; Perc: +14; Init: +6; Max HP: 68 Current HP: 68

"It is official business of the most urgent nature. I trust that that will not be a problem?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


"I suppose you mean the new patient." The man seems guarded, but relaxes a bit. "You there..." he points at Praxim, ...you seem like an upstanding person. You make sure your friends don't cause trouble, then you can come in."

Inside, scrubbed floor and freshly painted white walls give a brisk sense of cleanliness. A fireplace sits on one side of the foyer with counters lining the walls. Two men, probably workers here, join the well-dressed men when you enter. "I am Erin Habe. I'm well versed in disease and mental derangement and this place is where I help others recover from such maladies." Habe adjusts his glasses. "This witness you speak of, his name is Grayst Sevilla. He's never done more than mumble nonsense, so I don't think you'll get much out of him. If you would please keep your interview short. I have important work to get back to."

Erin leads you up two sets of stairs to the third floor, and his two orderlies follow behind you. From what you can tell, there's at least two more patients, other than Grayst, their eyes peering out from the shadows of there cells. "This is him," Habe says when you finally reach your witness.

You see a man crouched and sobbing in the corner of his room. Wrapped in a straitjacket, his skin is pale and grangrenous, his hair is wild, and his eyes are milky white.


F/R/W: +10/+9/+10 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 24; Perc: +14; Init: +6; Max HP: 68 Current HP: 68

"I shall swear to their trustworthiness. Thank you. We won't disrupt your operations more than absolutely necessary."

Once at the cell, Praxim asks, "It is important that he tells us what he knows. Is he dangerous, or could we have the door opened, so as to better speak with him? Surely he can do no harm confined as he is."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 7
Spoiler:
HPs: 42/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni seems nervous in the hospital, it has a definite feel of a prison for her.


Habe opens the door to the cell. Grayst remains unresponsive, looking up at Praxim. It's apparent he's ill.


F/R/W: +10/+9/+10 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 24; Perc: +14; Init: +6; Max HP: 68 Current HP: 68

"You said you we an expert in diseases, Dr. Habe. What malady currently afflicts him?"


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 7
Spoiler:
HPs: 42/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni looks at Garyst and places her hand on his brow, stroking his forehead, as she does this she looks into his eyes and hopes to calm him and make him feel comfortable. "Mr Grayst, don't worry we're here to help you. If we can we'll help you fight your illness and bring you back to health. Listen to my friend here, we'll try and remove the demons from your body and mind. Tell us what ails you, what have you seen that that you would unburden your mind by telling us?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Male Shoanti (human) Slayer 1

Lucian is quite uncomfortable in this place and he grips his pipe and strokes it with his left hand. Nevertheless he keeps his eyes and ears open. And his right hand is not that far of the hilt of his scimitar.
Even Fang notices the uneasyness of his master and pads left and right of Lucian.


Male Human Cleric 8; HP 59/59; AC 20 T 12 FF 19; Fo +8 Re +4 Wi +12; Init +1 Percep +6; Channel Energy 7/7

"I doubt we'll get anything of use from this one." Tomaru says in a sympathetic voice.


Grayst responds with incoherent mumblings concerning "razors" and "too many teeth" and how "the Skinsaw Man is coming." This goes on endlessly.

Erin Habe shrugs. "Not sure what's wrong with him," he huffs, "but as soon as you all leave, I can get back to figuring that out."

Just then Grayst stops and his eyes bulge as his eyes focus on one point. Eventually, you're able to tell that he's looking at Lym. He begins talking again, this time intelligibly. "He said...he said you would visit me. His Lordship. The one that unmade me so. He has a place for you. A precious place. I'm so jealous. He has a message for you. He made me remember it. I hope I haven't forgotten. The master wouldn't approve if I forgot. Let me see...let...me...see...

"He said that the bodies you are finding are signs and portents; that when he is done, you shall be remembered forever and the Misgivings will be your throne!" Grayst then collapses on the floor. He lets out a low moan.


Male Human Cleric 8; HP 59/59; AC 20 T 12 FF 19; Fo +8 Re +4 Wi +12; Init +1 Percep +6; Channel Energy 7/7

"Of course I could be wrong."


F/R/W: +10/+9/+10 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 24; Perc: +14; Init: +6; Max HP: 68 Current HP: 68

"Lym, I think it's time you starting looking back through your memories for who you know in your past that might be capable of these sorts of acts. It really looks like somebody is either setting you up, or doing these things to please you."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 7
Spoiler:
HPs: 42/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni smiles at Tomari's last comment, then continues "What is all this, who is 'His Lordship'? Is this man truly mad or has his mind been twisted and turned by evil that gives him pain and torment? Possessed or not? " says the concerned woman to the Doctor present. "How long has he been like this? and has he spoken like this before? The poor man has obviously seen evil that has driven him to be like this, certainly the scene at the logging factory was dire and vicious." A tear of compassion for the man, fall from one of Rhianni's eyes, a glistening sphere of liquid drops slowly to the ground.


Male Shoanti (human) Slayer 1

Lucian looks at the poorr soul and repeats his message: "He said we would visit him. He was unmade. The bodies are signs and portents and when its over the misgivings will be your throne.....
This means a few things... our opponent knows you damn well...
and he thinks he will stop only when killed, or when he reached his goal.
This will get worse before it gets better!"

[ooc I am german and my english is not perfect... what does misgiving mean? My dictionaire wont give me an answer]


F/R/W: +10/+9/+10 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 24; Perc: +14; Init: +6; Max HP: 68 Current HP: 68

Misgivings means not being sure, having second thoughts, usually not pleasant ones. It's capitalized here, though, which suggests it's a place name. A very depressing name for a place.


Male Human Cleric 8; HP 59/59; AC 20 T 12 FF 19; Fo +8 Re +4 Wi +12; Init +1 Percep +6; Channel Energy 7/7

"At least he's confirmed that Lym isn't a murderer."


Lym is too shocked to speak.

Moments later, Grayst rises with a shriek As he lurches to his feet, his arms tear free of his straitjacket. Immediately, he lunges at Lym!

Everyone acts before Grayst.

The two orderlies hurry to Habe and pull him out of harm's way.


F/R/W: +10/+9/+10 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 24; Perc: +14; Init: +6; Max HP: 68 Current HP: 68

Praxim moves to interpose himself between Grayst and Lym, attempting to grapple the man.

"Calm down, now!" he snaps.

Grapple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Human Cleric 8; HP 59/59; AC 20 T 12 FF 19; Fo +8 Re +4 Wi +12; Init +1 Percep +6; Channel Energy 7/7

Tomaru steps back and drops his hand to his weapon.


Male Shoanti (human) Slayer 1

Lucian would assist Praxim with the grapple, confident that the better way now would to subdue the patient.
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Praxim and Lucian grab a hold of Grayst. The sick patient struggles with his grapplers. He's insanely strong, but very clumsy, and the two are able to keep a hold on him while Habe's assistants help push him back into his cell. With their combined efforts, they are able to subdue Grayst and lock him in his cell.


F/R/W: +10/+9/+10 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 24; Perc: +14; Init: +6; Max HP: 68 Current HP: 68

Praxim pants from the exertion. "There's no way a man that size should naturally be that strong. Thank you, gentlemen," he says to the assistants. "I don't think we would have gotten him back in without your aid."

Turning back towards Grayst, Praxim narrows his eyes, detecting for evil intent within the man. Something is amiss here.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 3; Init. +2; Perception +8; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 39/57; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9

Lym stands stock still for a moment more, then surges forward towards the barred door, and speaks through the window. "Describe him," she says. "Describe this 'lordship' to me, Mr. Grayst, I beg of you."

To Praxim, she says in a tear-choked voice: "I studied in Nex. There are terrible people there, of course, but... but I never involved myself in such grotesque..." A sob escapes from Lym's mouth, and she clasps a hand to her mouth under the veil. "This is hideous!"


Male Shoanti (human) Slayer 1

Lucian with forced steady hands redoes his pipe takes a liberating puff and says to Lym: "This is foul!", snapping his fingers and yells through the window at the prisoner: "You remember his foul smell, his smell of rotten flesh,0 right? Tell it to me say it!"


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 7
Spoiler:
HPs: 42/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni recoils from the violence of the man, as she tries to understand why he is like it, seeing if dark magics still permeate his soul.

Casts detect magic then study the man.
Knowledge(arcana) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Grayst goes back to ignoring you.

Erin Habe regains his composure moments after the scuffle is over. "Please forgive me!" The doctor looks overcome with guild "I didn't know he would do this! I knew he was suffering from ghoul fever! He should've been turned over to Father Zantus as soon as I realized it."

Praxim:
You don't detect anything.

Rhianni:
You don't detect anything.


Male Human Cleric 8; HP 59/59; AC 20 T 12 FF 19; Fo +8 Re +4 Wi +12; Init +1 Percep +6; Channel Energy 7/7

"Ghoul fever! Are you crazed, man? Why wouldn't you get him some help? Now we'll have to destroy him." Tomaru draws his starknife, Desna's favored weapon.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 3; Init. +2; Perception +8; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 39/57; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9

"Stop!" Lym snaps at Tomaru. "Sufficiently powerful Clerics can still heal him! ... And this gives us a clue as to this filthy killer's identity. A Ghoul or Ghast, controlled by an evil Cleric or... or an evil Wizard or Sorcerer, perhaps. Possibly augmented with fell enchantments."

Lym's voice halts at the word 'wizard', and her disomfort is clear.


F/R/W: +10/+9/+10 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 24; Perc: +14; Init: +6; Max HP: 68 Current HP: 68

Praxim nods. "He hasn't turned yet. I'll know when he does, but we should get him to Zanthus now, no time to fetch the man."

Praxim maintains concentration, so he'll know the instant Grayst officially becomes an undead.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 7
Spoiler:
HPs: 42/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

"Won't it be best he's kept under lock and key Praxim, until we get Zanthus? Can we hold him fast for the trip back to see the good man? Surely Zanthus will be able to get more out of him here?" Rhianni says concern etched in her voice.


"It's too dangerous to let him out now. I'll send for Father Zantus immediately," Habe states.


Male Human Cleric 8; HP 59/59; AC 20 T 12 FF 19; Fo +8 Re +4 Wi +12; Init +1 Percep +6; Channel Energy 7/7

"It would be too risky to take him out of here. We would be as irresponsible as this one" Tomaru indicates Habe, "if we were to take him out of here now. Hopefully, Father Zanthus can get here in time to save him, otherwise, I will do my duty, despite anyone's objections." That last comment was directed at Lym.


F/R/W: +10/+9/+10 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 24; Perc: +14; Init: +6; Max HP: 68 Current HP: 68

Praxim shrugs, then knocks an arrow and aims it through the bars in the door's window, then resumes concentrating on the evil detecting.

51 to 100 of 1,467 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Varisian Chronicler's Skinsaw Murders All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.