Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Varisian Chronicler's Skinsaw Murders

Game Master Ludomancer


451 to 500 of 1,467 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 27/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

"I hear what you say and I will do my best to help you if you need it. Praxim, if the foe is evil, then make sure you communicate it so I may protect our friends from its destructive powers." says Rhianni wiping a wisp of hair from her brow, a worried look on her face.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 52

"You think there's somebody living here who isn't evil?" Praxim asks dryly.


Male Shoanti (human) Slayer 1

Lucian looks at Praxim and shakes his head:"No, but maybe some pawns in the game! And we night our magic against the king and queen of the game!"


Male Human Cleric 7; HP 52/52; AC 20 T 12 FF 19; Fo +7 Re +4 Wi +10; Init +1 Percep +5; Channel Energy 6/7

Tomaru will open the first door they come to. He'll try to step inside to allow those behind him as much room as he can.


Male Human Cleric 7; HP 52/52; AC 20 T 12 FF 19; Fo +7 Re +4 Wi +10; Init +1 Percep +5; Channel Energy 6/7

Tomaru will open the first door they come to. He'll try to step inside to allow those behind him as much room as he can.


The first door is locked.


Male Human Cleric 7; HP 52/52; AC 20 T 12 FF 19; Fo +7 Re +4 Wi +10; Init +1 Percep +5; Channel Energy 6/7

Then the next and the next until one isn't locked or there's a noise that comes from behind the locked door.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +7; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 32/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

"I will keep my magics at bay until you need them, friend," Lym assures Lucian.

Turning to Praxim, she says: "Think you not that ghouls might keep someone alive a prisoner for... sport? Leisurely dining, perhaps?" She shudders delicately.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 52

"I don't consider being kept prisoner in a house as ghoul-chow to be the same as 'living in the house'. More like waiting to die in the house. I only meant someone who might choose to make this a place of residence."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 27/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

"B...B...but, you knew the owner, didn't you, you went hunting or something. He wasn't evil then was he?" says Rhianni very confused shaking her head. Seeing Tomaru at the doors, she sighs hoping they can find some place that's safe.


This bedroom features a child-sized bed, a chair next to a toy box, and a looming stone fireplace big enough for a child to get lost in.

Map

Lym:
Make a listen check.

Praxim:
You detect evil. Make a listen check.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +7; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 32/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18. *drumroll*

"He did nothing at the time to think him capable of mustering ghouls to his purpose, true," Lym says with a shrug. "But our interactions were brief and rather superficial."


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 52

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Praxim bends an ear, listening intently, his bow arm tensing as he raises the bow, looking around wildly.

"Prepare yourselves!"


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 27/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni holds a wand in her hand as she follows Praxim into the room. "What is it Praxim?" her voice quiet full of anxiety.


Lym:
You hear the sound of a child sobbing. Make a Will save.

Praxim:
You hear the sound of a child sobbing. Make an inititave roll.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 52

VC:

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"There's a child in here someplace!" he says, surprise filling his voice. His eyebrows go up so far as to disappear into his hairline.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +7; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 32/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

For the DM:
Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14.

"I hear it as well," Lym says. "But something... something is...?"


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 27/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"Really a child, perhaps that was what I heard when I came in. We must help her." says Rhianni calling softly in a whisper "Here, come here child, we will take you from this terrible place." But she's not sure if she hears the child or not.


Lym:
The sobbing fades away.

Praxim:
The sobbing fades away.

Rhianni:
You hear nothing that sounds like a child.


Male Human Cleric 7; HP 52/52; AC 20 T 12 FF 19; Fo +7 Re +4 Wi +10; Init +1 Percep +5; Channel Energy 6/7

Does Tomaru hear a child?
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +7; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 32/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

"It's going away," Lym says, her voice nervous. "A ghost...? I would imagine there would be some near a ghoul lair."

The Wizard scans the room more closely with Detect Magic.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 27/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

"I didn't even hear it, this isn't right." Rhianni's eyes open wide, a certain amount of terror grips her. "I know, I wouldn't mind if we left." her voice whispers out unable to disguise her feelings.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +7; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 32/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

Lym puts a supportive hand on Rhianni's shoulder.

"Fear is a good thing," she says. "It is the warning from our senses that there is danger and we should be prepared. But we must temper it with wisdom - and the knowledge of our own strength.

Know when to flee. But also know when to stand and fight. If there is a ghost here, your wand will give us an edge should it turn belligerent."


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 52

Has the evil aura faded as well?


Tomaru:
You don't hear anything.

Lym:
You don't detect anything.

Praxim:
You no longer detect evil.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +7; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 32/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

"There are no magical auras in this room," Lym says. "If there are useful clues to be found in this room, they will be of the more mundane kind. Do we take the time to search, or press on?"


Male Human Cleric 7; HP 52/52; AC 20 T 12 FF 19; Fo +7 Re +4 Wi +10; Init +1 Percep +5; Channel Energy 6/7

Tomaru will give time for the others to check the room, then go to the next room and, once everyone is ready, open the door.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 52

Praxim relaxes. "What ever that was, it's gone. Some sort of restless spirit, perhaps? If there was ever a haunted house..."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 27/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni finding it hard to understand these hauntings, goes around the room searching, hoping to find whatever might be responsible.

Takes a 20 on perception, for total of 25.


Rhianni:
You don't find anything.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 27/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

"Nothing!" Rhianni says, "I don't understand, let's move on quickly, I don't like being here."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 27/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

On the landing she encourages the group to look at the double doors along the corridor on the right. "Perhaps what ever it was is in here now?" she says without any real belief. She looks the door over, checking it in case these is anything obvious of importance here.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +7; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 32/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

"I wish I'd prepared the spell to see the unseen today," Lym mutters. "But I did not. Praxim, please keep probing the ether."


Male Human Cleric 7; HP 52/52; AC 20 T 12 FF 19; Fo +7 Re +4 Wi +10; Init +1 Percep +5; Channel Energy 6/7

Looks like we're ready. Open the next door.


This large room features two padded chairs and a long couch facing a widw alcove lined with stained-glass windows. Several music stands lean against the southern wall next to a violin, two flutes, and a large harp; all three instruments are in poor condition.

The windows themselves depict a diverse array of animals and plants - from north to south are a large pale and ghostly scorpion, a gaunt man holding out arms as a dozen bats hang from him, a moth with a strange skull-like pattern on its wings, a tangle of dull green plants with bell-shaped flowers, and a young maiden sitting astride a well in a forest while a spindly spider the size of a dog descends along a string of webbing above her.

Make a knowledge (arcana) check.

Map


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 27/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

"It just doesn't get any better in this place does it?" says Rhianni dismayed at the depiction on the window.

Knoledge(Arcana) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +7; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 32/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25.

"Revolting," Lym says. "However, it seems... symbolic."


Male Shoanti (human) Slayer 1

Lucian is standing vigil at the door, ready for anything. He knows that the investigations now are best left to experts.


Lym:
The subjects in the windows depict classic necromancy spell components: scorpion venom, vampire's breath, the tongues of deathwing moths, belladonna, and the heart of a maiden slain by poison.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +7; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 32/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

"Scorpion venom," Lym says as if reading from a list as her eyes go from picture to picture. "Vampire's breath. Deathwing moth tongues. Belladonna. The heart of a maiden slain by poison... These windows all depict classic spell components for necromancy!"

On instinct, Lym renews her Detect Magic spell.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 27/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni moves closer to Praxim, at Lym's pronouncement. "Do you think we should look around, if it's a centre for the spells, maybe there's something that might help us." she says nervously, in hope rather than expectation.


Male Human Cleric 7; HP 52/52; AC 20 T 12 FF 19; Fo +7 Re +4 Wi +10; Init +1 Percep +5; Channel Energy 6/7

"Well, we're looking for people or ghouls so, since neither seem to be in here, I suggest we continue on." Tomaru says while looking around the room and obviously not liking what he sees.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +7; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 32/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

"This... could be a ritual chamber of some sort, I suppose," Lym says. "At the very least, it suggests the Foxglove family is invested in the nastier school of the Art."


Male Shoanti (human) Slayer 1

Lucian shrugs and says:"Well, at least we know where the unliving come from. This is a crime, a perversion!"


Lym:
You don't detect anything.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +7; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 32/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

"No active magic," Lym says, "and no traces. Hmm. So not a ritual chamber, but... something else. Perhaps a room where people venerate the necromantic process...? Feh! I would have expected such things in Geb, but not in Varisia."

Just a little bit of prejudice, caused by Lym growing up in Nex. ;)


Male Human Cleric 7; HP 52/52; AC 20 T 12 FF 19; Fo +7 Re +4 Wi +10; Init +1 Percep +5; Channel Energy 6/7

Tomaru goes to the next room and opens the door.


This entire bedroom is caked with a thick, spongy layer of green, blue, and black mold.

Map

Tomaru:
Make a listen check.

Praxim:
You detect evil. Make a listen check.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 27/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5
Varisian Chronicler wrote:

This entire bedroom is caked with a thick, spongy layer of green, blue, and black mold.

Map

I'm unable to see the map, The requested URL could not be retrieved: Zero Sized Reply.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 52

Praxim's bow arm tightens once again, as he looks about the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

451 to 500 of 1,467 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Varisian Chronicler's Skinsaw Murders All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.