Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Varisian Adventures

Game Master psychicmachinery

A group sets out from Magnimar to find the isolated village of Ravenmoor.


1 to 50 of 1,733 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Shafts of sunlight pierce the heavy clouds that obscure the sky in the early afternoon on the last Moonday of Pharast. The rays illuminate monument and alley alike in the Varisian city of Magnimar. As you hasten to the Pig and Whistle public house amidst the churches and academies of the Keystone district, you think back on the events of the past day. Either you, or someone you know was called upon by Revenuer Jeminda Anikee, who asked for aid in a matter of great personal and professional importance to her. Apparently some flyspeck town called Ravenmoor in central Varisia hasn’t paid their taxes in years and owe a sum of over 1,000 gold pieces, and this oversight could cost the minor functionary her livelihood. To make matters worse, she had already dispatched her brother-in-law, a tax collector in his own right to bring back the funds, but he left almost two months ago, and has not been heard from in some time. You have agreed to make the journey to bring back the gold, and hopefully Elyas Kyle, wayward brother-in-law and tax collector. Jeminda has even promised your group 300 pieces of gold for the task. It's not much, but you're not exactly swimming in coin at the moment, and a trip out into the wild could be just the thing. So, you've gathered up your earthly effects and equipment, said your goodbyes and made your way here to meet your companions and have your questions answered. You note a pack mule laden with a tent and supplies hitched to the post outside the pub, and Jeminda sitting inside as you duck into the homey shadows of the Pig & Whistle.


Male
Stats:
AC 18/Tch 14/Fl 14/CMD 16|| HP 17[18]|Fort: +3: Ref: +5; Will: +3|| Percep. +5 Init. +6
Elf Magus 3 Loot Divisions

A tall elf with a rapier on his side, a longer sword on his back, and a book in his hand strolls into the public house and sits at the first open chair. He is deep in study of the book. After a few minutes he glances up and looks around, spying Jerminda. He quickly stands up, puts the book away and walks over to the lady, seeming embarrassed. Good morn to you Lady Jerminda, I apologize for not seeing you sooner, I sometimes get lost in my studies. Is all well with you?


Jeminda looks up as Karozekas begins to speak. Her dark hair is pulled back into a severe bun and the smile under her hawkish nose is warm against her dusky skin, if short-lived. She shuffles through a few scrolls on the table before selecting one. You are Karozekas, Corbyn's friend, correct? Am I pronouncing your name correctly? She focuses on the thin parchment. I appreciate your punctuality. I expect that we'll be waiting most of the afternoon for your fellow adventurers to make their appearance. She sighs briefly. I suppose it's to be expected.


Rogue 3 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | AC:20/ T:16/ FF:14 | HP23/23 | CMB +5 / CMD: 15 | Saves F +4/R +8/W +2

Morin makes his way through the afternoon streets, leading a horse, of all things.

What is an old salt like me doing, leading this great beast through Magnimar? Especially when I’m trying not to be noticed by those Sczarni thugs – and them wantin’ me to get involved in more of their dirty business. Ah, well, I’m sure I’ll be grateful for the work Chloe’s got lined up for us, and I know I’ll be glad to put these reins in her hands.

His weathered skin and the tattoo of three blue waves on the side of his neck mark Morin as a sailor of many years, making the sight of his 3-foot tall self leading a horse more than twice his height even more remarkable. Arriving at the Pig and Whistle, Morin ties the horse’s reins to a rail out front – he may not be a horseman, but there’s no knot he can’t tie with his eyes closed, in the teeth of a roaring gale.

He moves a bit away from the horse, thinking to sit where he can keep an eye on it while enjoying the bit of waning sunshine making its way through the clouds. As he sits down, however, he spots a Sczarni lieutenant making his way up the street. Concluding that he’ll be safer inside, nursing a pint in a dark corner, Morin steps through the door of the tavern .

Once inside, he steps quickly to the side of the door, giving his eyes a moment to adjust to the dim interior. He looks about for Chloe or another familiar face and, seeing no one he knows, Morin threads his way through the tables to a quiet spot in the back of the barroom, calling to the barmaid "A pint of yer special bitter, if ya please" and thinking to himself, If I leave this city in the next 2 minutes, it won’t be too soon.


Female Human Life Oracle 3
Stats:
Hp 10/26 (Init+0-Perc+0)Saves:(F+1 R+1 W+4) CMB+2-CMD+12 [AC:12, (ff)12, (t)10]

Chloe had invested in smoked goggles in an attempt to not draw attention to her defining attributes where her old masters were concerned, however they had noticeably backfired when she left her current abode behind mid-morning, after performing a surgery that still marked her partoally inside-out clothing with a few blood splotches she hand yet to notice. Her disheveled hair added to the visage that one might attribute to a mad homeless person.

She was late: she knew that. In her preoccupation over the missing Elyas and thoughts as to how the family would get on without a father, she'd missed the narrow window for correct directional visual cues and had ended up in the wrong pub. Thankfully, someone gave her directions to the right one which she paid attention to this time.So much, yet again, for keeping a low profile...

The front door gave her some trouble, though, and the woman had to remove the goggles to find the point of entry, letting her dilated eyes work by goddess-given magic.

She entered as nonchalantly as she could and looked around for Ms. Anikee and other familiar faces with some amount of difficulty.

Everyone within 30 feet? Blockages, or anything else to note?


Scowling, suspicious half-elf
Spoiler:
Druid 3 | HP 22/22 AC 16/T12/FF14 | Init +6 Per +12 | F +5 R +3 W +7 | CMB +4 CMD 16

An odd duo appears at the doorway of the tavern; a woman somewhat too tall and bright-featured to be entirely human, with ears and hands that betray elf blood, and an enormous, red and black skinned frog, who clambers on her back with more grace than a frog should have at her unconscious gesture. She is clothed in armored leaf; that and her aura of outdoorsy calm mark her as a ranger or druid to the untrained eye, and a druid definitively for those who would know.

She walks directly to Jeminda, eyes liquid with concern. "Jeminda, forgive me, I had an unbreakable appointment earlier. How may I help? ...Karozekas, a pleasure to see you, cousin of my ancestors." She gives a bow to the elf, whom she knows as a fellow scholar. Out of the corner of her eye, she notes the oracle's distinctive eyes and squints with some recognition at the halfling.


Male Giant Frog Animal Companion/Level 3

Gellig is impassive, embodying frog-ness.


Rogue 3 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | AC:20/ T:16/ FF:14 | HP23/23 | CMB +5 / CMD: 15 | Saves F +4/R +8/W +2

Morin sees Chloe enter the taproom and look about uncertainly. He gets quickly to his feet and crosses to the front door.

”Good to see ya, Chloe, glad you made it safe. I’m not sure if the lady we’re supposed to meet is here - but that tall elfy-lookin’ lass with the great frog ridin’ her by the stern just spoke to the lady at the table there and called her Jeminda. I believe that’s the one we’re to meet, no?”

Morin offers Chloe his hand in case she needs guidance across the room and heads in the direction of Jeminda’s table, giving a smile and cordial nod to Sarusa as he recognizes his savior from the Bazaar of Sails.

”Well, hello,” he says to the druid, ”I believe I owe you a drink, at the very least, and perhaps a large fly for your friend there.”


The barman, a unremarkable fellow except for his bushy, dirty-blonde, muttonchop side whiskers accepts four pieces of copper from Morin and slides a mug of ale across the well-polished wood with a grunt.

When Chloe and Sarusa enter from the street, the brief grin that Karozekas saw earlier blooms into a smile that transforms Jeminda's stern visage into a face that glows with relief. Oh Chloe! Sarusa! I'm so glad you're both here. I don't know what I'd do without you two. You know, I've meant to introduce you to each other for a while now. It's such a shame that you have to meet under these circumstances. But, where are my manners? Chloe, this is Sarusa. Sarusa, this is Chloe. And this elvish gentleman is master Karozekas, but I do not know the gentleman who is so kind to lend you an arm, Chloe she says with a wink for Morin.


Female Human Life Oracle 3
Stats:
Hp 10/26 (Init+0-Perc+0)Saves:(F+1 R+1 W+4) CMB+2-CMD+12 [AC:12, (ff)12, (t)10]

@ Morin
"Ah.. Morin. Bless you..." the healer greeted the halfling with a smile and allowed him to guide her. While she could see to some degree in the small area, it was no certain thing she'd make it to the right party. Things happened.
---
"I'm happy we could all make it... Ah... Sarusa, Karozekas... a pleasure."
She turned to look at each newcomer, but made contact with the sides of their face rather than their eyes with her vapid gaze.
"I'm happy that we'll have help."

Chloe regards Morin's reaction to the druid. "So you already know Sarusa, then...? Or is she your type?" the woman asked with an awkward lilt in her attempt at humor.

"Oh-but.. Jeminda, this fine young man is Morin Tidelock. I think.. I think he is going to join us in our journey. A nimble one, he is. He comes with all of my recommendations, you know."


Male Half-Orc
Spoiler:
HP 30; AC 19, t 11, ff 18; F +7, R +5, W +4; CMB +7, CMD +18; Percep +2; Init +1; darkvision

A large half-orc enters the Pig and Whistle, pausing to look around. Spotting the group of familiar faces, he moves over.

Stopping by the table he glares at Morin, "Oh by the Gods, who invited him?!" A grin splits his face a moment later, "Morin, well met."

He looks around the table, greeting Karo with mild surprise and a soldier's salute, and then Sarusa, "My friend, you look as naturally radiant as ever."

Glancing toward Chloe, he clears his throat, "I believe you are called Chloe, your reputation as a healer is known to me. I am called Tekkis Smalltooth... At your service." After a moment's hesitation looking at her face, Tekk bows low before her despite the creaking protests of his armor.

Turning toward Jeminda, he bows his head in greeting and asks, "Jeminda, I received your note. Is everyone here for the same reason?"

Sczarni

Ranger of the Sable Company Marines HP: 24/25 | AC: 17 (Touch: 13 / FlatFoot: 14) | Fort: 4 Ref: 6 Will: 3 | CMB: 5 CMD: 18 | Perception: +8 (+10 vs. Humans) | Initiative: +3

Leading a Mighty Horse who is pulling a cart full of supplies, Corbyn shows up a few minutes after Mirion. He wears a heavy cloak over his head, trying to hide his face, while at the same time trying not to draw too much attention to the fact that he's hiding.

"I think this is the place we're supposed to meet" He says to his horse.

Corbyn takes the lead rope and ties it into a slipknot on the post beside Morins Horse.

"Here, at least you'll have a companion while I'm inside"


"Neigh!"

Plod nuzzles Corbyn, trying to bury his long face into Corbyn's armpit.

Sczarni

Ranger of the Sable Company Marines HP: 24/25 | AC: 17 (Touch: 13 / FlatFoot: 14) | Fort: 4 Ref: 6 Will: 3 | CMB: 5 CMD: 18 | Perception: +8 (+10 vs. Humans) | Initiative: +3

Don't worry Plod, I'll be back shortly"

Corbyn strokes the flat front of Plod's face a few times before pushing him back and moving along up the stairs behind a large, armored Half Orc and enters the building.

Once inside he looks around to make sure he is in good company and carefully removes his hood.

["I hope I'm not late"


Male
Stats:
AC 18/Tch 14/Fl 14/CMD 16|| HP 17[18]|Fort: +3: Ref: +5; Will: +3|| Percep. +5 Init. +6
Elf Magus 3 Loot Divisions

Karozekas stands as the others enter. Sarusa, so nice to see you again, I've had some revelations pertaining to my studies that we must discuss. Ah.. sometime in the future. He turns to Chloe and Morin. Well met Chloe and you Morin, it is a pleasure to make your aquaintance. He smiles when Tekkis walks in, then turns suddenly serious as he returns the soldiers salute before breaking into a grin again. Well met Tekkis He looks astonished when Corbyn comes in. You, Corbyn? Well it appears we all travel in the same small circles in this large city. My familiar circling outside let me know someone known was coming, but I assumed it was Tekkis over there. Pausing for breath and looking suddenly self conscious. He coughs and looks around. I thoughtlessly and rudely imposed myself upon Lady Jerminda without being formally introduced. I do hope you'll forgive my brashness milady.


Scowling, suspicious half-elf
Spoiler:
Druid 3 | HP 22/22 AC 16/T12/FF14 | Init +6 Per +12 | F +5 R +3 W +7 | CMB +4 CMD 16

Sarusa gives the big half-orc a friendly punch on the shoulder. "Tekkis, you great lunk, you look frightening as always. Are you on this expedition?"

She turns to greet the ranger. "Corbyn, is it?" She glances back at Jeminda with twinkling eyes.

"Chloe, well met." She smirks at Morin. "Ah, yes, how could I forget. We were fast friends for five minutes in the Bazaar. Chloe, I have no idea what Morin's type is, but he certainly clung to my side for a few heartbeats." She peals a musical laugh.


Scowling, suspicious half-elf
Spoiler:
Druid 3 | HP 22/22 AC 16/T12/FF14 | Init +6 Per +12 | F +5 R +3 W +7 | CMB +4 CMD 16

"Karo, I'd be delighted. I'll have to tell you all about The Lady's Light. Minus the horrible disgusting jokes that Tekkis made while we trekked there and back, of course."

She turns back to Jeminda, with an expectant and happy expression on her face.


Rogue 3 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | AC:20/ T:16/ FF:14 | HP23/23 | CMB +5 / CMD: 15 | Saves F +4/R +8/W +2

”Tekkis, good to see you. Glad to know we’ll have your sword, and that orcish humor, wherever it is we’re heading. And Sarusa, good to be properly introduced to you. While you’re no doubt lovely, I can’t say you’re truly my type, as I’d need stilts to dance with ye. But I am in your debt, and hope to honor it.”

Morin turns to Karozekas and Corbyn, offering them each a calloused hand to shake and introducing himself with a grin, ”Morin Tidelock, as the good Lady Chloe said. Pleasure to meet you both. Corbyn, if ye’d prefer not to have folk notice ya, a word of friendly advice: don’t stride about in mid-afternoon with a great hood over yer head. Makes ya stand out, rather. Though you move quiet enough for a big fella.”

Morin finally turns to Jeminda, ”Very nice t’meet you, ma’am. I look forward to hearing more about this job you’ve got for us. How about we have a seat and a drink?”


After Tekkis and Corbyn arrive, Jeminda nods to the barman who sets a serving bowl of fish stew on the table along with seven smaller bowls, spoons and a ladle, then a flagon of ale and one of wine along with some sturdy mugs. His service complete, he nods to her and walks out the front door. You can hear a key turning the lock, and see the bolt turn on the inside of the door.

Thurlen's a good man. He'll be back from his lunch in an hour. Until then, the place is ours. As I wrote, this Ravenmoor fiasco is getting out of hand, and with my brother-in-law, Elyas missing, well I fear the worst. I need you six to travel to Ravenmoor and collect the gold, as well as Elyas and then get back here as quickly as possible.

Jeminda pulls a tightly rolled scroll, sealed with wax from her vest and hands it to Sarusa. This is a Writ of Collection, signed and sealed by the Hall of Ushers. Guard it with your life. Whoever bears this document is the lawful collector of that gold. Present it to the chief, or mayor, or whatever they have up there and they should cooperate. As for Ravenmoor itself, it's North of Ember Lake, along the North bank of the Lampblack River. If you'd like, I can give you some suggestions on how to get there. Otherwise, what questions do you have for me?

She pours herself a mug of wine and ladles out a bowl of stew for each of you before serving herself.


Male
Stats:
AC 18/Tch 14/Fl 14/CMD 16|| HP 17[18]|Fort: +3: Ref: +5; Will: +3|| Percep. +5 Init. +6
Elf Magus 3 Loot Divisions

Karozekas accepts the bowl and mug of ale. Thank you milady, what do you know of Ravenmoor, the people, any strife upon the town, anything that might seem useful.


Scowling, suspicious half-elf
Spoiler:
Druid 3 | HP 22/22 AC 16/T12/FF14 | Init +6 Per +12 | F +5 R +3 W +7 | CMB +4 CMD 16

Sarusa accepts the scroll from Jeminda and raises a suspicious eyebrow.

"Magnimar must have had a point of contact, Jeminda--isn't there a particular person you have worked with before? No treasurer, mayor, anyone? And do you have any correspondence from Elyas confirming he reached Ravenmoor? He could have been detained elsewhere."


Rogue 3 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | AC:20/ T:16/ FF:14 | HP23/23 | CMB +5 / CMD: 15 | Saves F +4/R +8/W +2

"Ah, Jeminda, thank ye. Nothing sets a man - or a lady - up like a nice fish stew. And, of course, a nice, refreshing Writ of Collection to collect overdue taxes from a distant village."

Morin chuckles as he helps himself to a bite of soup and a long pull at his mug of ale.

"I too would like to know a bit more about the place, and this Elyas fella who's some kin of your'n, and where he might have strayed from the path 'tween here and there. Have they refused to pay their taxes, or did they just forget to? And I'd surely welcome any advice on the best path to take. It's along the Lampblack River? Can we go by boat, then?"


Female Human Life Oracle 3
Stats:
Hp 10/26 (Init+0-Perc+0)Saves:(F+1 R+1 W+4) CMB+2-CMD+12 [AC:12, (ff)12, (t)10]

Okay, gonna adjust for tenses. I keep writing in the past tense, but this is going to be divided up. I had a busy day. :D

In response to Tekkis's low bow, Chloe seemed taken aback. She hadn't witnessed such an honorable introduction in her entire life, at least not to herself. Her face turned a bright red.

"Ah.. Mr. Smalltooth, I have heard of you, as well. Only good things, of course. I look forward to working with you."
---

Chloe reacted to Corbyn's entrance with a bow of the head at a skewed angle, not quite facing the cavalier.
---
@now
The healer's hands hover above the soup bowl, taking in the warmth through outstretched palms before the woman haphazardly grabs a spoon.

"I... I can't imagine he'd get too sidetracked, Morin. Not with his new little girl to see to. Still, it.. it would be good to know what stops are along the way."

Chloe takes a few voracious bites and stares off into the space directly left of Jeminda.
[b]"And, though... it might be a a bit much to hope, if we could know what clothes he'd brought with him when he... when he vanished, I'm sure some of the people here are trackers, yes? Did you bring a portrait?"


Jeminda shakes her head resignedly at your questions. I wish I had more information to give you, but three months ago, I didn't even know that Ravenmoor existed.
I was reviewing some of the logs from almost two decades ago for an unrelated issue when I discovered that the town was on the tax rolls. The fact is that until I sent Elyas, our tax collectors hadn't gone anywhere near there in almost fifteen years. Of course, my new supervisor is looking to get rid of me and give my job to his worthless nephew, so if they find out before I can get this straightened away, well I don't really want to think about that.

As for the town itself, best I can tell, there are about a hundred, or a hundred fifty souls up there. Mostly farmers, but I think there are some cash crops as well.
And Elyas, well he did send a letter from Galduria, but there wasn't much too it, just some bravado about what great time he was making, as if he had kept the roads dry himself.
Jeminda grimaces a bit at some memory and falls silent for a moment, But, he's my sister's husband, and their daughter isn't even a year old. The missing taxes are bad enough, but I need someone to bring him home. She looks up expectantly, her eyes lingering on Corbyn before she turns back to Sarusa and Chloe. Please, if you can't do it, I don't know who can. And if they won't pay, I understand, you can come back and sign an affidavit to that effect, we just need to have done something.

When Chloe asks about the portrait, Jeminda replies, I don't have a likeness of him, but I can describe him easily enough. He's not tall, but broad about the chest and shoulders. Stocky would be a good way to describe him. He has bright red hair, close set eyes, and a nose that's been broken a few times, and of course he should be carrying his mace of office. It's a flanged mace with the seal of Magnimar emblazoned on the head.

Sense Motive DC 20:

You get the feeling that Jeminda is holding something back about Elyas.


Jeminda thinks on Morin's question for a moment. There are two decent routes. You could take the Sandpoint Road. It's overland, and there was all that goblin trouble up there a few years back, but it will take you to Galduria. From there you can take the Cinder Road towards Riddler's Cove. There is a small road that leads up to Ravenmoor off the Cinder Road. As long as you cleave to the Lampblack River, you shouldn't miss it. The other way is to follow the Yondabakari up to Ember Lake, Galduria's on its western shore.


Rogue 3 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | AC:20/ T:16/ FF:14 | HP23/23 | CMB +5 / CMD: 15 | Saves F +4/R +8/W +2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Not pickin' up much with that...


Female Human Life Oracle 3
Stats:
Hp 10/26 (Init+0-Perc+0)Saves:(F+1 R+1 W+4) CMB+2-CMD+12 [AC:12, (ff)12, (t)10]

Sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Chloe turns her gaze to almost look Jeminda in the eyes.

"Jeminda, if you've more to tell us about Elyas, I... I ask that you do so. We want to help. You have my word that even if it's something... bad.., I'm not going to judge you."
Her voice is gentle as she says this.

Diplomacy:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Ooh. Might need aid on this one.


Male Half-Orc
Spoiler:
HP 30; AC 19, t 11, ff 18; F +7, R +5, W +4; CMB +7, CMD +18; Percep +2; Init +1; darkvision

Tekk grabs a mug and excuses himself. He walks over to the bar, finds a pitcher of water, and fills the mug. Carrying the pitcher, he returns to the group, setting the water down beside the wine.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Tekk glances around at the others, "Well, if we're to travel together, I'll go ahead and say that I prefer my feet on solid ground." He raps his knuckles on his armor, "Hard to swim in my work clothes."

He looks back at Jeminda, "I'm in."


Scowling, suspicious half-elf
Spoiler:
Druid 3 | HP 22/22 AC 16/T12/FF14 | Init +6 Per +12 | F +5 R +3 W +7 | CMB +4 CMD 16

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

The normally perceptive druid is at a loss.

"Jeminda--I agree with Chloe. I'm not sure what's going on, but we should take on this expedition fully informed. The whole set up has my hackles raised."

She turns to Tekkis and Morin. "Following the Yondabaraki river is a good bet, although it may leave us vulnerable if we have to escape, and there could be impassable areas. I know the river fairly well for a good stretch. ...no need to swim it, Tekk."

Sczarni

Ranger of the Sable Company Marines HP: 24/25 | AC: 17 (Touch: 13 / FlatFoot: 14) | Fort: 4 Ref: 6 Will: 3 | CMB: 5 CMD: 18 | Perception: +8 (+10 vs. Humans) | Initiative: +3

Corbyn breaks his long silence.

Sorry, I couldn't get back to the computer until now...

"I have to agree with Tekkis. I feel overland travel is our best option. Plod does not do so good around water."


Jeminda shakes her head and sighs at Chloe. Even with clouded eyes, you see through to the heart of things. I don't know why I thought I would be immune, but... She shakes her head and looks at the group with a steady gaze.

It's no secret that Elyas had troubles with the bottle in the past, and I apologize for trying to hide it from you all. I was raised to always protect my family, but now, I have to be honest. After his daughter was born we all hoped that Elyas would control himself, drink like a gentleman, you know? But, I fear the worst, that small voice inside me whispers that he's gotten drunk again and is lying dead in a ditch, or maybe he's stolen the gold and run off with it. Please, you are the only ones I have who can get to the bottom of this mess.

She grins ruefully at Tekkis, Frankly, I don't know how you can walk in all that heavy armor, much less swim, but if it's any consolation, it's pretty hard to fall off a keelboat, and they make their way up and down the river fairly often, and they're usually looking for strong hands and backs, to help them on their way. You might have some luck that way if you take the river route.

Sczarni

Ranger of the Sable Company Marines HP: 24/25 | AC: 17 (Touch: 13 / FlatFoot: 14) | Fort: 4 Ref: 6 Will: 3 | CMB: 5 CMD: 18 | Perception: +8 (+10 vs. Humans) | Initiative: +3

Corbyn tries to console Jeminda.

"I'm sure hes fine Jeminda. Alive or dead, we will get to the bottom of this for you".


Scowling, suspicious half-elf
Spoiler:
Druid 3 | HP 22/22 AC 16/T12/FF14 | Init +6 Per +12 | F +5 R +3 W +7 | CMB +4 CMD 16

Sarusa purses her lips. "Keelboats, aye...I prefer my boots on the ground, but I'll go with the majority. Jeminda---these things happen. As long as you understand that we may not find Elyas...but we will do our best to do so."


Male Half-Orc
Spoiler:
HP 30; AC 19, t 11, ff 18; F +7, R +5, W +4; CMB +7, CMD +18; Percep +2; Init +1; darkvision

Grinning, Tekk gestures toward Sarusa with his mug of water, Oh, I wouldn't swim by choice, Sarusa. Some great storm would appear to blow me over the side. Or a great beast would cause the boat to capsize. Or some other dark fate would see me tossed into the most dangerous part of the rapids. Have no doubt - we go on that river, and I'll have to show everyone just how well half-orcs can swim in plate armor."

As Jeminda confesses to Elyas' misbehavior, Tekk narrows his eyes slightly, "It takes a stout man to be a drunk one day then steal thousands of gold from the government's coffers the next. Do you really think he is capable of such a crime? Has he done anything like that in the past? Is he smart enough to realize he would be on the run for the rest of his life if he did something like that - not only from the authorities, but also from the local guilds that may not take kindly to his freelancing?"


Male
Stats:
AC 18/Tch 14/Fl 14/CMD 16|| HP 17[18]|Fort: +3: Ref: +5; Will: +3|| Percep. +5 Init. +6
Elf Magus 3 Loot Divisions

Karozekas quaffs his mug of ale and sets it down. [b]Well I'm sorry to hear that Lady Jerminda, I for one am more than willing to go to Ravenmoor. It sounds like quite an intriguing little town. I'm trying to remember if I have ever read anything of it.

Know. Geo.: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Rogue 3 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | AC:20/ T:16/ FF:14 | HP23/23 | CMB +5 / CMD: 15 | Saves F +4/R +8/W +2

"I too will be more 'n happy to help sort out this tangle. And even though a keelboat's hardly a boat at all, floatin' beats walkin' or ridin' a hoofed beasty any day of the week" says Morin.

Having said this, a shadow seems to pass over his face and the usual glimmer in his eye fades. He's quiet for a moment, then turns his attention back to the group, "Ya know, Tekk here is right, perhaps going by water's not sich a good idea. I'm coming to like you folks fine, and my luck on the water...hasn't been so good of late. I'd hate for anything to happen to ye."

Morin looks into the bottom of his mug of ale, then turns to Karozekas, "A little speck of a place like that's not like to have been written about in your tomes. But I think I sailed with a lad come from somewhere near there, trying to recall if he ever told me summat about the place."

Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Female Human Life Oracle 3
Stats:
Hp 10/26 (Init+0-Perc+0)Saves:(F+1 R+1 W+4) CMB+2-CMD+12 [AC:12, (ff)12, (t)10]

"Jeminda, we'll do our best."Chloe assured before digging into the soup like a starving child. She waited to gauge the main opinion about taking the water route, but between Tekkis's massive bulk and Morin's confidence in his own bad luck, the oracle grew less enthusiastic about travelling by boat.

"I can hardly swim, myself..."


Jeminda's spirits seem bouyed by your reassurances, especially Corbyn's, but when Tekkis asks her about Elyas, some of her grim resignation returns. Oh, I don't worry about what Elyas does on the day after one of his benders, by then he's usually abed, whining of the thumping in his head. But, when he's drunk, before he passes out, mind you, it's like he just doesn't think. There are no consequences for him when he's like that. I wouldn't put anything past him. Please don't misunderstand, when he's sober he's a good man, and a good father, and I haven't seen him drunk since his daughter was born. It's just, with no one to keep an eye on him, I fear the worst.

The rest of you find the fish stew to be delicious, if incredibly spicy, requiring liberal drinks to keep the fire off your tongues.

Karozekas has never heard or read of Ravenmoor before and while Morin did know a sailor who hailed from Wolf Ear, he doesn't recall hearing anything about that village.

As you all eat and drink, Jeminda adds, I got a few supplies for you as well, nothing much, a few tents, a mule, some food for the road, I hope it helps, and this map. It should give you a good, rough idea of where Ravenmoor is.

Do you have any other questions before you go?

Sczarni

Ranger of the Sable Company Marines HP: 24/25 | AC: 17 (Touch: 13 / FlatFoot: 14) | Fort: 4 Ref: 6 Will: 3 | CMB: 5 CMD: 18 | Perception: +8 (+10 vs. Humans) | Initiative: +3

"Forgive my ignorance if it's been brought up already, but when is our departure time?"


Male Half-Orc
Spoiler:
HP 30; AC 19, t 11, ff 18; F +7, R +5, W +4; CMB +7, CMD +18; Percep +2; Init +1; darkvision

"I think our departure time is as soon as possible, Corbyn."

Tekkis nods toward Jeminda, "Thank you for the supplies, we'll return whatever remains after our journey."

Tekk is ready to leave when everyone else is ready and willing.


Male
Stats:
AC 18/Tch 14/Fl 14/CMD 16|| HP 17[18]|Fort: +3: Ref: +5; Will: +3|| Percep. +5 Init. +6
Elf Magus 3 Loot Divisions

Yes, quite right. We should begin this expedition as soon as we can. Time could be of the essence concerning Elyas.

Karo give a sidelong glance at Jerminda as he finishes .


Rogue 3 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | AC:20/ T:16/ FF:14 | HP23/23 | CMB +5 / CMD: 15 | Saves F +4/R +8/W +2

Morin wipes the last of the soup out of his bowl with a hunk of bread, pops the bread in his mouth, and licks his lips happily.

"With that soup put in its proper place, I'm ready to shove off as well. It sounds like we're going overland. You about ready to saddle up and hit the trail, Chloe? Listen to me! Talking like a lubber already."

He turns to Jeminda and says, "Pleasure to have met you ma'am. We'll weigh anchor right quick, and bring back your sister's man and the money that village owes."

Picking up the map from the table, Morin studies it a moment, then rolls it up and slides it into his sleeve, thinking to himself, Should be a cinch navigating on land - no winds, no currents, plenty of landmarks, no worrying about running afoul of a reef in the night...This'll be a lark!


Female Human Life Oracle 3
Stats:
Hp 10/26 (Init+0-Perc+0)Saves:(F+1 R+1 W+4) CMB+2-CMD+12 [AC:12, (ff)12, (t)10]

The oracle continues to attack the bowl until there's nothing left to be scraped up and drinks what remains of her ale in one glorious gulp after accidentally smacking her own face with the cup's handle.

"Of course, Morin... I packed everything... into my bag, see?"
Chloe pats her handy haversack with a beaming smile in the halfling's direction.

"'Twere normal, I imagine... it would weigh almost twice as much as you... Magic bags... amazing!"

Chloe turns again to regard Jeminda in her odd manner.
"Y-you'll take care of yourself, won't you? Now that we're off, no need for.. for another mind, yes? You've left the task with us, done all you can... We'll just work to return your investments."

The oracle put a hand over her heart and made the symbol of the dawnflower in a motion of endearment in parting.

Sczarni

Ranger of the Sable Company Marines HP: 24/25 | AC: 17 (Touch: 13 / FlatFoot: 14) | Fort: 4 Ref: 6 Will: 3 | CMB: 5 CMD: 18 | Perception: +8 (+10 vs. Humans) | Initiative: +3

"Just so everybody knows, there is lots of extra space on Plod's cart for supplies. Don't feel it necessary to over encumber yourselves throughout the journey. He can handle the extra load"


Jeminda finishes her stew with a series of careful bites and takes another sip of wine, then stands and begins returning all of her scrolls to a well-used leather satchel.

Yes. she answers Corbyn, The sooner you can leave the better. Feel free to hitch my mule to your cart as well. Two can pull better than one, after all. she adds with a shy smile.

She moves to the door and unlocks it after peering out through the windows. You never know who is watching in this city, but I don't recognize anyone outside. I'll stay here until Thurlen gets back. Good luck, may the gods speed you on your journey. Write if and when you can to let me know how you're doing. I'll keep all of you in my prayers, but don't worry about me Chloe. I'm tougher than I look. I'll be fine until you get back.

I've added a map of the surrounding area to the Campaign Info tab. Please feel free to use and refer to it as you travel to Ravenmoor. The closest gate out of the city is the Castlegate, south east of your present location, but not far. It will put you squarely on the Sandpoint Road, or you can go a bit south towards the Yondabakari if you so desire. Let me know what you guys are doing.


Male Half-Orc
Spoiler:
HP 30; AC 19, t 11, ff 18; F +7, R +5, W +4; CMB +7, CMD +18; Percep +2; Init +1; darkvision

Tekkis rises from his seat as Jeminda stands. After she speaks, he nods, "Fare well, Jeminda. We'll be in touch."

The half-orc drains his mug of water, checks the straps on his armor, and stands. "Corbyn, I've got a pack I'll throw in the cart, thanks for the offer. Let me know if I can help get the mule hitched up."

Tekk turns to leave, then stops and turns back to Chloe. With a hesitant voice, he asks, "Um... Chloe, can you manage, or would you like some assistance?"

I believe the consensus is the Sandpoint Road.

Leaving by the Castlegate is fine with Tekk, no need to spend any more time in Magnimar.


Rogue 3 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | AC:20/ T:16/ FF:14 | HP23/23 | CMB +5 / CMD: 15 | Saves F +4/R +8/W +2

Morin hops down from his seat and reaches up to shake Jeminda's hand, saying "Not to worry, Jeminda, we'll get this sorted."

"Corbyn, I've also got a couple of things that could go in the cart, so our horsey beast doesn't have quite so much to lug about. And Chloe, I've got to introduce you to our new horse, who's hitched up outside. I figure since you'll be at the helm and I'll be more of a stowaway, you should get to name her."

I agree, looks like the Sandpoint Road, and Morin is ready to leave town right away through the Castlegate.

@GMPM: Looking at the map, about how many days travel would Morin estimate it to be?

Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 (if necessary)


Female Human Life Oracle 3
Stats:
Hp 10/26 (Init+0-Perc+0)Saves:(F+1 R+1 W+4) CMB+2-CMD+12 [AC:12, (ff)12, (t)10]

To Sandpoint Road, then?
"How resourceful, Corbyn... You've come prepared."

The healer runs her finger over the band of her smoked goggles to ensure she didn't splash any lunch on it before giving turning in Tekkis's direction.

"I can.. mostly manage, you see, until I put these on. I do thank you, though. Do let me know if I stray too far on our travels, however... It's making my way back that's difficult...and knowing where others are in a large field of battle."

"So you went and bought one then, Morin...? I am excited to meet her. You paid good money for her, I'm sure, so at least... at least let me know if the name's too far off, yeah..?"

"I'm not carrying much outside of the bag I previously mentioned... I want to keep everything close, you see... Sarusa, I'm certain, has more knowledge than I of what lurks beyond the walls... but we should be wary."

The healer retraces the steps she'd taken with Morin earlier to find her way back to the door.


Scowling, suspicious half-elf
Spoiler:
Druid 3 | HP 22/22 AC 16/T12/FF14 | Init +6 Per +12 | F +5 R +3 W +7 | CMB +4 CMD 16

"Danger either way, Chloe," Sarusa says with a smile that could be humorous or grim depending on interpretation. "The Sandpoint way may be faster, but goblins and other creatures have a way of slowing one down."

Sarusa realizes she isn't helping with her backwoods scare talk and turns to Jeminda. "We'll get there, and we'll find out what happened to Elyas. You have my word. And we shall see about collecting taxes from the good people of Ravenmoor," she says with another grin that is certainly full of predatory humor.

"Well, Gellig, no straying on the Yondabaraki's banks of the Mushfens for you, hopper. We go north."


Your group makes its way along the broad thoroughfares of the Keystone district until you arrive at the Castlegate. To the north you can see a colossal, 200 foot monument to one of the city's founders. To the south, the wide plains of Varisia stretch before you, with the Yondabakari a shimmering ribbon in the distance. The gates are open and a steady flow of humanity moves out and onto the road south, curling eastwards before too long. Most seem to be farmers, but a few merchant trains and even a score of mounted guardsmen in a column stick out amongst the small folk. The bracing scent of salt from the bay is more noticeable here, as are the varied odors of humanity, but the ground is relatively clear, with no night-soil in evidence although a few steaming horse apples make for humorous traps for the unwary.

As you make your way south and east, you spy a sign along the side of the road that reads "Sandpoint, 50 miles." You'd wager that you have about four hours of daylight remaining before night shrouds the land.

Morin, based on the map you'd estimate a little over 50 miles to Sandpoint, then another 70 miles or so across the trackless plains between Sandpoint and Ember Lake. An unemcumbered person can move 3 mph for 8 miles/day, i.e. 24 miles total before needing to make Con checks for forced marching. A pair of mules pulling a cart can move the same speed. An encumbered horse (say one with one big or two smaller riders) can do 3.5 mph. Unfortunately, burly half-orcs in heavy armor can only manage 2 mph for extended periods unless they wish to court fatigue and non-lethal damage. For more information, please see the following helpful tables. Movement & Distance

1 to 50 of 1,733 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Psychic Machinery's Feast of Ravenmoor All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.