Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Valkur's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Valkur

Sandpoint
Current Day:
Day 40, 30th of Lamashan, Morning


251 to 300 of 2,458 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Notick curses under his breath. All of his knowledge from the books he has read over the years driving his action of drawing his Light Mace, an odd feeling for him considering he rarely uses it.


Move - Draws his L. Mace
Standard - Ready action


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Channel Positive Energy Saves

Skeleton Saves vs Postive Energy:

DC11
Skeleton 1
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Skeleton 2
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Skeleton 3
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Skeleton 4
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

All Skeletons take 1 point of damage.

Round 1 Summary
Khrondak Move Action Move, Standard Channel Positve Energy
Skeleton 1, No Action
Skeleton 2, Attack Action, Attack Scoria
Skeleton 3, Takes 5' Step, Attack Action, Attack Bel'Tanis
Skeleton 4, Takes 5' step, Attack Action, Attack Scoria
Thaddeus 16, Move Action, Standard, Cast Disrupt Undead on Skeleton
Scoria 14, Attack Action, Attack Skeleton
Midori 7: Move Action Move, Attack Action Skeleton (unable due to no opponents reachable)
Bel'Tanis: Attack Action, Attack Skeleton
Notick: Move Action Draw Weapon, Standard Action Ready Action

Status:

Thaddeus:

Khrondak:
Channel Positive Energy:5/6

Notick:

Midori:

Scoria:
HP 4/10

Bel'Tanis:

Skeleton 1:
Skeleton 2:
Skeleton 3:
Skeleton 4:

The Desecrated Vault, Start of Round 2
Encounter Map
Desecrated Vault, Round 2

Initiative Order:
Khrondak 22
Skeletons 18
Thaddeus 16
Scoria 14
Midori 7
Bel'Tanis 6
Notick 4

Post in any order, I'll combine the round in a summary post.
For movement just call out on the grid where you are moving to and I'll update the map.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Skeletons Actions Round 2

The undead continue to press forward against Scoria and Bel'Tanis who are blocking the entrance.

Skeleton 1: No Action

Skeleton 2: Attack Action, Attack Scoria
Broken Sword: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Skeleton 3: Attack Action, Attack Khrondak
Broken Sword: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

skeleton 4 is misslabled, should be the skeleton in N2
Skeleton 4: Attack Action, Attack Bel'Tanis
Broken Sword: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

The skeleton in melee with Scoria finds a gap in her defenses and gives her a vicious slash.
4 Damage

The second skeleton hacks away at Krondak, lightly grazing him in the shoulder.
2 Damage

The third skeleton attacks Bel'Tanis, but of its attacks are turned away by his stout shield.


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

Map is permission-locked & Bel'Tanis is shieldless at the moment ;D

Bel'Tanis cranks back and swings again!
Greatclub (power attack): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12for: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
boo! hiss!

If the skeleton that attacked Bel'Tanis is still standing at the end of his turn, Bel'Tanis will try to 5-ft step back to hopefully draw it out so the others can take some shots at it.

Status:

HP: 13/13
AC: 15 (11 T / 14 FF)
w/ shield: 17 (11 T / 16 FF)
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +4/+1/+2 (+1 vs fear)
(+2 vs evil descriptor)
daylight uses left: 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
power attack


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Scoria would have healed 1hp from the positive energy burst from Khrondak, so after the second hit to her, she would be at 1/10hp right now. That's lucky.

Scoria is too well trained to make any sound of pain as the broken sword grazes her ribs, feeling the jagged, rusted edge scraping along her bones. She bears with it, keeping herself upright, continuing her attack - showing weakness would only cause them all to focus their attentions upon her.

Flurry of Blows on Skeleton 2, and I can't access the map. <.< I don't have permission to view.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
F1 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
F2 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

Actually, Scoria, that's not how channeling energy works any more. It has 2 mutually exclusive settings now: heal living or harm undead; it doesn't do both at the same time any longer =(
You'd be conscious, but staggered and at 0 hp


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Map is fixed!

Scoria, you may not want to attack since you are at 0. Of course Khrondak may heal you first.


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

If that's the case, then Scoria can't flurry, so only her first attack resolves itself. Also, considering how crowded it's becoming, might be prudent if we withdraw for a round so to give ourselves some breathing room - as well as allow others (Scoria) a chance to back up so she isn't murdered completely. She can't even take a 5ft step right now with everyone crowding her.

Edit: With Khrondak's healing, Scoria is able to get off the Flurry of Blows as is, though she'll also take a 5 ft step back into M4 afterwards.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Khrondak sees the skeleton's blade furiously slashing Scoria's flesh. He barely notices his own wound as he crouches, dodging his undead opponent, in an atempt to safely deliver the gift of health to the stonemason. Moving to avoid the broken sword, he reaches Scoria and touches her on the head, saying his prayers.

Shoanti:
"Oh! Spirit ancestors from beyond death, lay the blessing of life over this valiant fighter."

He then steps back leaving Scoria room to withdraw whilst trying to draw the skeletons to fight in the open.

Concentration for Casting Defensively (DC 17) - Cure light wounds: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Cures: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
5-ft. step to L5


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

I messed up the Skeletons Actions for Round 2, I misread my own map tying to spread the attacks.

Revised Actions Round 2:
Khrondak: Heals Scoria for 3. Scoria is at 7/10. He moves to L5.

Skeleton 1: No Action (No Revision)

Skeleton 2: Attack Action, Attack Scoria (No Revision)
Broken Sword: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Scoria take 4 points of damage 3/10

Skeleton 3: Attack Action, Attack Bel'Tanis (Revised)
Broken Sword: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Bel'Tanis take 2 points of damage 11/13

Khrondak remove 2 points of damage. 14/14

Skeleton 4 is mislabeled, should be the skeleton in N2
Skeleton 4: Attack Action, Attack Scoria [Only Target] (Revised)
Broken Sword: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Misses Scoria.

Scoria then 5' steps to M4.

All good now.


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Midori will heal Scoria.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Notick curses at the tactical ignorance breaking forth in-front of him. He shouts to everyone, "Back up damn it! Let them spread out so we can all attack them!"

Notick side steps to give the others room to maneuver back. Examing the scene further, he shouts aloud again "Ameiko's Cousin, if you've no breaking weapons, throw rocks! You'll have more luck than that sword!"


Free: Shouting his little head off :)
Move: 5ft step to L6
Standards: Ready


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Round 2 Summary
Khrondak, Cast Cure Light Wounds, 5' Step (Which Spell did you want to swap the CLW for?)
Skeleton 1, No Action
Skeleton 2, Attack Action, Attack Scoria
Skeleton 3, Attack Action, Attack Bel'Tanis
Skeleton 4, Attack Action, Attack Scoria
Thaddeus, No Action (You can still take your Round 2 Action)
Scoria, Attack Action, Attack Skeleton, 5ft Step
Midori, Standard Action, Cast Cure Light Wounds on Scoria
Bel'Tanis: Attack Action, Attack Skeleton
Notick: 5ft Step, Standard Action Ready Action

Status:

Skeleton 1: 1 Damage
Skeleton 2: 1 Damage
Skeleton 3: 1 Damage
Skeleton 4: 1 Damage

Thaddeus:

Khrondak:
Channel Positive Energy:5/6
1st— divine favor, shield of faith, true strikeD (One Spell Swapped for Cure Light Wounds)

Notick:

Midori:
Spells Cast
1st Level 1/2

Scoria:
HP 10/10

Bel'Tanis:
11/13 HP

The Desecrated Vault, Start of Round 3
Encounter Map
Desecrated Vault, Round 3

Initiative Order:
Khrondak 22
Skeletons 18
Thaddeus 16
Scoria 14
Midori 7
Bel'Tanis 6
Notick 4

Post in any order, I'll combine the round in a summary post.
For movement just call out on the grid where you are moving to and I'll update the map.


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

The monk had been seriously injured, but the combined efforts of both the barbaric Shoanti and the Tien woman had brought her back to peak form. She didn't waste any time, launching another assault at the closest skeleton, fist and foot flying out to strike hard and fast.

Flurry of Blows on Skeleton 3, then 5ft step back to M5.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
F1 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
F2 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Sorry, busy homework day
Round 2

Trying once again with his prayer, and this time swinging his sword first, Thaddeus does a combination attack on the creature. The statue, in combination with his casting while swinging, cause his attacks to be weak. He decides to step back behind Bel'Tanis, so the group as a whole can move back, and no one gets singled out or seperated.

Full-Attack: Spell Combat
Sword on Skeleton 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 4 - 2 = 12, if a hit damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Disrupt undead, ranged touch 1d20 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 1 - 2 = 10, if it hits, 1d6 ⇒ 1
5' step to N5


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

@Thaddeus, it's all good.
No hits unfortunately in round 2 :(

Skeletons Actions Round 3

The skeletons eyes continue to burn with a fire of cold blue malevolence as they hack with rusty swords and push towards the party.


Skeleton 1: 5' Step to M2

Skeleton 2: 5' Step to M3, Standard Action Attack Scoria
Broken Sword: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Skeleton 3: Standard Action Attack Bel'Tanis
Broken Sword: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

Skeleton 4: No Action

No sooner is Scoria healed by her companions, the skeleton surges forward determined to run her through, quickly scoring another hit.
6 Damage

The other skeleton continues to hack away on Bel'Tanis's shield. It is unable to find any opening.

Apparently Skeleton 2 has it out for Scoria.


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

Round 3
Still no shield for me, but a miss just the same =)

Grunting with frustration as he watches Scoria get sliced to ribbons beside him, Bel'Tanis tries yet again to crush the skeleton before him into dust.

Greatclub (power attack): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7for: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
BAH! The dicebot has forsaken me!

If Scoria 5-foot steps away, Bel'Tanis will 5-foot step into her spot to prevent the skeleton from pursuing her directly.

Status:

HP: 13/13
AC: 15 (11 T / 14 FF)
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +4/+1/+2 (+1 vs fear)
(+2 vs evil descriptor)
daylight uses left: 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
power attack


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Round 3

With the front line still in place, Thaddeus steps back up to where he was at the statue's corner, trying a double shot once again. He swings his sword, and losing his focus in frustration, almost snaps it against the statue. Regaining a little composure, he manages to get some of the radiant energy to at least hit the thing.

5' step back to O4
Full-Attack: Spell Combat
Sword on Skeleton 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 4 - 2 = -2
Disrupt undead, ranged touch 1d20 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 1 - 2 = 17, damage 1d6 ⇒ 2


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Stupid post monster!

Midori once more heals Scoria.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

She then steps back to look for something to use as a blunt weapon; stones, sticks...anything.

She also briefly considers bonking Notick over the head with whatever she finds... ;P


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

@DM-Valkur:
Swap strue strike for CLW. I beleiebe all skeletons are in the 30 ft. burst area of channel energy, right? There he goes again. Oh, just wanted to say there's a pattern to Khrondak's worship: effects and seplls that are aggressive and destructive are ivoked in the name of Gorum; otherwise, healing, divination and utility in general are invoked in his totems and ancestors name.

Khrondak curses the skeletons and again invokes the powers of the gods to bring destruction upon them.

Shoanti:
"By Gorum, I shall make you crumble to dust!"

Channel Positive Energy to damage the skeletons - DC 11: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos
Midori Masaki wrote:


She also briefly considers bonking Notick over the head with whatever she finds... ;P

lol :)


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Dang post monster just got me.

@Khrodak, yeah you get all of the skeletons in the channel energy. Nice touch on doing the verbal components on your spells!

Khrondak's wave of pure energy roils out from him, engulfing all of the skeletons. Three of the skeletons are instantly burnt to cinders, their cold malevolence is no more. The fourth skeleton is still standing but its boney frame is pitted and charred. It wobbles for a few seconds then collapses. Midori in frustration grabs a large branch and bludgeons the skeleton until it quits moving.

Scoria you can remove the six points of damage.
Midori you retain your spell.

Interior of the crypt is 20x20.

As you look in to the crypt you see no more undead lurking within. The crypt contains two sarcophagus, one of which has been opened.


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

Bel'Tanis regards his large club inquisitively, testing its heft and bouncing it in his palm to confirm that it is, in fact, solid. He frowns down at the skeletons' remains then turns to Khrondak, "Very nicely done, Iron Forged. I'm not sure what you said, but I'm glad you said it!" His brow furrows then as he continues, "But I am more concerned about this vandalism now. The presence of restless dead here leads me to think this was no petty prank."


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

The half-elf curses in elven under his breath as the fight comes to an end. He places the tip of his light mace on the ground and leans on the handle, using it to hold himself up, looking at everyone incredulously. He closes his eyes and shakes his head, sighing exuberantly. "Well, at least no one was killed" he speaks aloud. "Is everyone alright?" he asks after Bel'Tanis makes his proclamation of concern for the tomb.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

"It is not so much what you say, Bel'Tanis, but the conviction with which you say it."


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Scoria was fine, all the damage done to her by the terrible skeletons negated by the efforts of healing magic. "...Your assistance is appreciated," She tells Khrondak and Midori, before venturing into the crypt proper, peering into the open sarcophagus and examining the interior.

Perception, Darkvision 60': 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Stonemasonry, for damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Scoria
Peering into the gloom you notice that in the corner near the opened sarcophagus, lies an old tattered robe.

Upon further inspection of the sarcophagus, it does appear that is was forced open.

Perception Check:

Thaddeus1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Bel'Tanis1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Khrondak1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Notick1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Midori1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Scoria1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Everybody but Notick, notices that Naffer has apparently ran off during the fight with the skeletons.


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

Confident that the physical danger is passed, Bel'Tanis will follow Scoria into the crypt and look around.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Further investigation into the crypt reveals nothing other than the sarcophagus of Tobyn was forced open and the old robe lying in the corner. Otherwise it looks undisturbed, including the sarcophagus of Tobyn's daughter Nualia.

Looking into Tobyn's sarcophagus revels that the body is missing.


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Scoria doesn't waste any more time with the sarcophagi, going over to check on the old robe lying in the corner, picking up it gently and taking a look at it. "Is this the garb the priest was buried in?" She wonders out loud, searching it over for any hidden pockets.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

"I do hope that one of those wasn't him."

She turns to Notick "Oh, and by the way,and as I've said before, my name is Midori. Midori Masaki. Try using it...unless you want me calling you 'crooked dice man'."


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Notick rubs the back of his head, smirking towards Midori. "I apologize - I'm bad with names!" Before moving on, he winks and sticks his tongue out at her, implying that he may be lying, but in a completely harmless manner. He maneuvers into the tomb, taking a glance around. He walks over to the daughters sarcophagi and gives it a glance over, more interested in why it wasn't opened.

"Does anyone else find it odd that only one of the two sarcophagi were opened?! If they were thieves after valuables, then one would think they would have opened them both... "

Perception on other sarcophagi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Scoria
The robe is very plain and nondescript. Its only feature is that is old and tattered.

As far as you can tell without religious training, the robe does not look like any priest vestments for the faiths that are associated with the church in Sandpoint.

Notick
Nulia's sarcophagus is completely untouched, in fact it still has a layer of dust coating it.


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Notick cocks his right eyebrow high, "It wasn't even bothered at all. The dust is undisturbed. They were after something the old-man was buried with, and they had to have known before hand that it was there."

Notick stands while dusting his hands off, shaking his head as he works through any knowledge he may have gained through his years at Sandpoint. Trying to remember if his Uncle, for instance, had mentioned any sort of heirlooms he may have interest in from the old father's tomb.

Rolling a Knowledge check to see if he can recall any stories of what the man might have been buried with of value/note.

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Midori goes over to the sarcophagus to examine the remains, trying to determine what was taken.

"We should ask the current priest and the caretaker if there was anything of import buried with him."


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

"If they wanted a trinket or heirloom, why would they take the body then? I don't know. This doesn't strike me as something as simple as grave robbery. Where'd Naffer get to? He might be of some help answering these questions."


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Khrondak looks around the tomb. He closes his eyes and whispers in Shoanti, gesturing calmly.

Shoanti:
"Wise ancestors, show me the true powers at work in here."

Casts detect magic

When he opens them up again, a faint glow emanates from his pupils as he analyzes the whole tomb. He walks up to Scoria and reaches for the robe in her hands. "Let me see this."

Knowledge (religion) to learn from the robe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Khrondak, the robe has a dim magic aura. It also is not used as a priestly vestment of any religion that you know of.

As the party is gathered around the crypt investigating the sarcophagi and the robe. Father Zantus approaches with Naffer hobbling in tow.

"Ahoy mates, I be bring'n ye ole priest amid ships,"yells Naffer as they approach.

Father Zantus looks around the area as if expecting more undead, "Have all of the undead been purged."

"Naffer came to get me thinking you may need my assistance."

"Foul creatures, pray tell children what has transpired here?"


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

"Four skeletons. One tomb empty, one tomb closed. A discarded robe," Scoria summarizes, letting the Shoanti have the robe for now. "Six sets of goblin tracks and one set of humanoid tracks outside. They came over the wall, intruded upon the crypt. I do not think they animated the priest, or we would have seen a second set of humanoid tracks." Scoria glances over at the untouched sarcophagus, the one that apparently held the daughter of the deceased priest.

"It may look untouched, but with the permission of the Father, I humbly request we open this one as well in order to determine if they took her body...or altered it."


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

"Perhaps the goblins were as surprised as we were about the skeletons. Maybe this robe did it; it is magical. I will keep it for further inspection," Khrondak announces, not exactly asking for permission. He analyzes the tracks trying to figure out where the skeletons came from and whether there are any signs of conflict betweent them and the goblins.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

He agrees with Scoria's suggestion. "Yes, opening the second tomb sounds reasonable."


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Father Zantus bows is head in reverence for moment at the request.
"I am afraid that will not be necessary to open Nulia's sarcophagus, for her body is not present."

"After the fire, we only recovered Tobyn's body". "His daughter's corpse was no where to be found, we assumed the fire consumed it."

Khrondak, you see no evidence of skeleton tracks with the goblin and humanoid tracks.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

"Let us confirm it remains empty, then" says Khrondak, moving to push the tomb's lid.


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Considering the daughter's body was not found in the fire that claimed her father's life, Scoria had to wonder if the daughter really was dead at all. Those were thoughts best spoken in less hallowed ground however. She tapped the Shoanti on the shoulder to pause him in his attempts to open the sarcophagus. "Perhaps it would be more prudent right now to follow the trail. If only to recover the priest's body before they can desecrate it as well."

She also takes the robe, and shows it to the others. "I hope that some of you know how to identify objects of magical nature?"


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Notick's eyes follow back and forth between the Stone Woman and the Shoanti man as they speak their thoughts. Unafraid of any possible repercussions for asking his questions, he speaks what he feels everyone is thinking. He squares his body towards the father, before asking his questions, pulling his hair out of his low pony tail and redoing it as he speaks.

"Father, was Tobyn buried with anything of import? Anything that may have been precious or valuable that someone would have wanted to steal?! A family momento maybe that was important to the Daughter?!"


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Again, Sorry, very busy last two days.

Backdated rolls.
Knowledge: Local for what he knows of Father Tobyn and his daughter 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Knowledge: Religion for the Robe found inside 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Thaddeus watches passively as the others investigate the tomb, his skills lie more in study and swordplay, than in deductive investigation. As the group speaks, he considers what he has learned since he has been in town, especially as a religious man, he sure he remembers something about the previous Head priest.

As the group finds the robe inside, he tries to determine whether they act as burial vestments for the church Father Tobyn belonged to, or if they were something cast off by the body thieves.

Finally, after the stonemason asks, he replies, "I have the ability to decipher the subtle weave of magic associated with objects. However, I have not yet this day prayed for Iomedae's blessing to see the magical bindings tied to things, and would not be able to investigate it further until tomorrow morning. Until then, I agree that our first course of action be following the trail of the vile blasphemers before they pollute a respected priest's remains any further."


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Thaddeus, you have heard that Tobyn was known around town as a good man. Nualia was not truly human, she was an Aasimar. She too was known to be kind and pleasant, with a bit of rebellious streak. It was also rumored that she had an affair with a local boy that her Father did not approve of. Strangely in the last few months before the fire, Tobyn allowed nobody to see her. He told everybody that she was in deep meditation to Desna.

Father Zantus confirms the robe did not belong to Tobyn (to the best of his knowledge) and was not buried in it. He was buried in his vestments of Desna, a bright green robe with gold stitching butterflies.

Father Zantus looks at Notick,"No, Tobyn was buried only with his clerical vestments."

He then continues, "I must say this is quite a disturbing development, no mere vandalism. I think Sheriff Hemlock should be informed of this matter straight away."

Opening Nualia's sarcophagus does confirm it is empty.


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Somehow it figures the only spellcaster to take ranks in Spellcraft didn't prepare the spell that would let him use Spellcraft to ID magic items. Then again, he's pretending to be a paladin, so it's not unexpected.

Scoria tosses the robe towards Thaddeus then. "Hold onto this until you can identify it's properties, then." She tells him, looking to the priest. "Then let us inform the sheriff quickly, then we may follow the tracks."


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Thaddeus explains what he knows of Father Tobyn and his daughter, and explains that the robes were not Father Tobyn's vestments of Desna. As Scoria hands him the robe, he cocks his head at the woman, and hands it back to the Khrondak.

Shoanti:
"Borther-in-arms, you had expressed desire to carry the robe. I hand this back to you if you still wanted to maintain them. I only ask that I may inspect them in the morning."

As Scoria makes her suggestion, he offers "The Sheriff has set us to this task, and I'm certain we need not let him know we shall continue to search for the guilty parties." He turns to the priest, "Father, would you be so kind as to inform the Sheriff if he asks of our whereabouts, or if possessed of the personnel, send a runner to let him know where we have gone?"


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

"Yes of course, I will send word of the goings on here to Sheriff Hemlock, replies Father Zantus.

[ooc]The tracks lead to the wall of the cemetery. The wall is 15' high. Past the wall is lightly forested hills known as the Ravenroost. A little to the north of the hills is the coast, which the Lost Coast Road follows.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

"Yes of course, I will send word of the goings on here to Sheriff Hemlock, replies Father Zantus.

[ooc]The tracks lead to the wall of the cemetery. The wall is 15' high. Past the wall is lightly forested hills known as the Ravenroost. A little to the north of the hills is the coast, which the Lost Coast Road follows.

251 to 300 of 2,458 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Valkur's Rise of the Runelords Campagin All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.