Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Valkur's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Valkur

Sandpoint
Current Day:
Day 40, 30th of Lamashan, Morning


201 to 250 of 2,458 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Khrondak replies to Bel'Tanis "I am unscathed, Bel'Tanis, and I praise you for your prowess with the blade." He walks to the fallen goblins and starts picking up their weapons and gear. "The spoils of our kills are ours to take, we shall share it like brothers", he says, addressing the group that has fought alongside him. When he's dones pillaging the bodies, his hands are full with a big pile of leather and metal. "The uncorageous man spoke of a place, the Rusty Dragon? I know it not, but we can take this loot there for splitting as we receive the reward he has promised. Where is this place?"


hiatus

As Midori mentions her recent losses, Bel'Tanis' face suddenly darkens and he breaks eye contact. Massaging the palm of his left hand with his right thumb, he softly offers, "Ah. I'm sorry to hear that."

He remains quiet until Zantus and Ameiko arrive. He smiles warmly at the priest, "Don't forget to praise Gorum too," clapping Khrondak on the back, "Iron Forged here saved several lives today. Er, Scoria? I think she is fine, perhaps just a bit shy? She must have slipped away as that Foxboot fellow began shamelessly fawning all over Other Ameiko." He leans in closer to Zantus then and in a conspiratorial tone whispers, "Do you know her name, by the way? I think people are going to start noticing if I keep having to call her 'Other Ameiko'."


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Midori smiles.

Minkaian:
"More by showing them how not to do it, but they are definately talented."

"Iron Forged, is it? The Rusty Dragon is the best local inn around." She grins. "And not just because my cousin Ameiko runs it, either. If you don't have a place to stay in town, come with us. I think there's a few rooms open."

As the group starts to move, she turns to Khrondak. "I think it may be unfair to Lord Foxglove to call him uncourageous after just one incident. Many people freeze in their first actual combat and most of the Magnimarian nobility are trained more in -play combat- than real combat. Give him a chance. He obviously doesn't have your training, or even mine."


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

"Well it would appear there was nothing of note on the Lead Goblin. Pity, it wou--" His voice squeaks when the sheriff spots him, jumping slightly with surprise at his hollering at him.

He interlaces his fingers together, placing his hands behind his head. Looking to the ground he walks slowly over to the sheriff, kicking at some dirt.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Ameiko after catching up with her cousin about the day's events, addresses you all.
"Please all of you join Midori and me at the Rusty Dragon, I want to buy you all dinner. And you are welcome to stay at the Dragon for two weeks on me for your valiant efforts today."

She then beckons you all on to follow her.

Hemlock then interrupts, "Wait, hold Ameiko, while your offer is very generous to the companions here. We still have a matter of a crime that had been committed today by the Notick."

He then looks at Notick, then back to Thaddeus, sighs, then speaks,"Well in light of today's events, maybe we can let this matter go, if you will vouch for him Thaddeus."


hiatus

"Errr, I'm not Thaddeus, so it might not much matter, but I'll vouch for him!" Bel'Tanis offers Notick a knowing nod and genuine smile.


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Thaddeus is quiet through much of the conversation, so much going on at once, he decides it's better to discuss certain things later. Maybe he will have a chance to defend Lord Foxglove's honor to the Shoanti, and see about trying to bargain some of the value of the goods to compensate any families that lost loved ones.

The best he can spit out at the moment is, "Yes Sir! I will stand up for this man Notick's honor today. He fought bravely, and showed concern for the welfare of the innocent. I think in this case that shows more of him than unbalanced dice would any day."


hiatus

"Well said!"


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Hemlock thinks for a moment on the proposal, "Alright then, Notick you are a free man."

He turns to leave, then spins back around and reaches in his belt pouch and throws Notick back his dice.

"I do not want to see these in a game again, understand."

"Thaddeus I'm sure I will see you soon."

After the sheriff has departed Ameiko steps forward, "come on all lets grab some dinner and drinks and share tales of today's exploits."


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Notick rubs the back of his head, rolling his eyes slightly at the Sheriff's unnecessary dismissal of charges, mumbling to himself, "It's not illegal to cheat at gambing".

None-the-less, the half-elf shrugs his shoulders and nods to Bel'Tanis and Thaddeus in succession, showing his gratitude towards the two. He awaits the Sheriff to depart, "Thank you - I appreciate your vouch. I will not forget this deed."


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

As the party gets ready to depart for The Rusty Dragon, Father Zantus takes his leave as well. He looks back to Bel'Tanis, "keep a look out for Scoria, I will looks for her at the church."

I will move the game along to the next morning, unless anybody wants to do anything.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Day 2: 23rd Rova,

After some much needed rest after a long night of ale and tales of battle. You find yourself down in the taproom of the Rusty Dragon, eating a large breakfast.

The spiced pork belly and fried potatoes, with a side of griddle cakes is a welcomed breakfast on a cool autumn day.

After yesterday's excitement you wonder what could ever top that in your life again.

As are about to finish your meal wondering what exactly you should now, Sheriff Hemlock burst through the door with a grim look on his face.

"Thaddeus good to see you up and about."
"And good 'morn to the rest of you; Midori, Bel'Tanis, Iron Forged, and of course Notick."

He then scans the party, as if assessing your abilities.

"Since you all were such a big part of yesterday's victory, I was wondering if you all could assist Father Zantus with a task."

"Nothing much I'm sure, but I don't have the manpower to spare at the moment."

"The town and I would be great-full if you would accept."

"Hey wait a minute where is the stonemason woman who looks like she herself is made of stone?"

"I've heard tales of her pulping the goblin dog with one strike from her fist."

I assume all of you except Scoria are at the Rusty Dragon.

Also don't forget to reset all of your dailies and spells.


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Thaddeus skips the pork, his palate never quite accepting of the stronger spices that Ameiko adds to some of her food. He was up with the dawn, first with his prayers, before moving on to going through a few practice routines. He had just finished the breakfast afterwards when the sheriff entered.

"Yes, Sir! It is no bother to assist a righteous man of the cloth in any tasks he may need assistance with." Thaddeus responds, adopting a posture of soldierly attention as he addresses the sheriff.


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

It was so easy to lose track of time when you had lived three quarter of a century with many more decades to come. Especially when it came to meditation. The only reason she came out of it now was the first bright rays of the sun peeking against the curtains of the window.

She stretched out her muscles, tensing and flexing, before getting up to her feet. A small breakfast of simple fare to start her day - wheat gruel, bland but filling sufficed for that. She needed to forget the custom feasts of the previous day. There was no need to go down the path of a glutton.

After finishing up her meal, she stepped out, heading towards the cathedral - yes, most of the work was finished, but there were the few rough edges and finishing touches to do on the new building. She would have to speak with the master stonemason to see what he would ask her to do - most likely checking the mortar to see that it was properly adhered, and the blocks for any cracks. Come to think of it, she hadn't checked to see if those goblins had caused any damage to it. It was probably best for her to check on that quickly.


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

"I'm not sure what help I'll be, but I'd be glad to assist in any way I can."


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Scoria

As you reach the Cathedral you see the square buzz with activity, as several volunteers are cleaning up yesterday's activities.

However on thing does seem amiss, the usually calm and stoic Father Zantus nervously paces back and forth. He keep looking towards the south as if he is expecting someone. Next to him stands Naffer Vosk the church cemetery caretaker. The two are obviously having some sort of conversation.

I am having Scoria arrive at the church a little before the rest of the party.


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Scoria should have gotten straight to work to earn her keep. Finish her work as a stonemason, then head off to Magnimar for more work, or perhaps even to Korsova or Riddleport. She had stayed here too long already. As much as she wanted to ignore Father Zantus, though, she had an inkling that perhaps yesterdays goblin raid had masked some other crime - considering whom he was speaking to, perhaps it was a dire crime indeed.

She had already involved herself too much, though. She had absolutely no aspirations to be raised up as some kind of a hero. She'd only done what everyone had to when they were attacked like that. Still, she silently and stealthily mingled with the other volunteers, getting close enough to listen to the conversation the gravekeeper and Father Zantus were having.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Apparently a begemmed woman with skin like white marble isn't particularly stealthy in a thin crowd of volunteers. Oh well.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Khrondak wakes up eartly and, before dressing up in armor or even having breakfast, goes to the inn's recption and asks for two torches. He goes outside with the torches and looks for a calm, green piece of land in the open to perform his daily rituals to Gorum and his tribal patrons. He lights both torches on fire and, holding one in each hand, starts spinning them slowly and loudly chants to the sun in Shoanti, probably disturbing a few of the neighbouring houses.

Spells:

1st— divine favor, shield of faith, true strike
0 (at will)—detect magic, light, read magic

Casts detect magic on the potion found with the goblins

He goes back to his room and equips himself before finally going for breakfast, and eats the pork and potatoes with a vast appetite. Halfway through the meal, he remembers Scoria's speech on savoring his food with each bite, and slows down for a moment; soon, he dismisses the effort and resumes his usual manner of eating. Afterwards, still thinking about the stone woman's beliefs, he walks to Ameiko and compliments her and her cook on the quality of the food.

When Sheriff Hemlock asks for their help, Khrondak asks "What is this task Father Zantus needs assistance with?"


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

In his usual routine, but in a different environment, Notick practices his spells and memorizing what he has learned thus far from his fathers spellbook. Afterwards, he uses his hand as if it were his sword and paces through some basic warm-up/wake-up routines, not wanting to damage any of the Inn's furniture.

His mind wanders as he thinks about the possible repercussions of not going back home with any take for the day. His previous realization of not having to work for his uncle, for the first time, coming to fruition. The possibilities he could do otherwise!

After recollecting his things, he gathers his stuffs and heads downstairs to join everyone else.

After eating, rather than repeating the same questions everyone else is asking, he props his feet up upon the table and leans back into his chair with his hands interlaced behind his head, awaiting a response himself. He does add, after a long pause, "I guess I have no real choice - I do owe you."

Spells Chosen:

Selecting new 1st level's: Ray of Enfeeblement & keeping Grease


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Thaddeus scowls, not in anger, but in frustration at Notick's response. "Everyone has a choice. Even as a follower of Iomedae's divine blessings, I have a choice. She guides my decisions with wisdom and righteousness, and I choose to follow them." He takes a preachy tone, "You, Notick, have chosen to honor an unrequested indebtedness, out of a sense of obligation. I respect your choice."

Spell changes:
Swapped out his 1st level Mirror Strike, for another casting of Shield


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Party
After the party agrees to go help Father Zantus, Sheriff Hemlock addresses the party, "My thanks to all of you, times like these a town needs heroes."

"When you are ready, please go and see the good father."

"I believe the caretaker of the cemetery has reported to Zantus, that it appears the previous priest Ezakien Tobyn's crypt who had died five years ago has been opened."

"Again probably nothing, just kids making mischief."

"But I want to send some people who know how to handle themselves just in case."

Scoria
As you approach Zantus and Naffer you hear they are having a conversation about the opened crypt of the former priest.

As you approach trying to blend into the crowd, Zantus notices you, "My child Scoria, thank you for coming, I knew the Sheriff would get you all to investigate the goings on here."

He looks around for the rest of the party, "Where is everybody else?"


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

So much for blending in - although considering Scoria's appearance, she knows that it would have been hard to do so without some kind of hooded cloak. The oread steps forward towards the priest, clasping one hand over her fist in front of herself before bowing politely - she let the 'child' comment slide for now. Most had no idea she was older than most of the human population of Sandpoint.

"Father, I have no idea what you are speaking about. I have not seen the Sheriff since last night. I came only to help with the cleaning and the finishing touches on the cathedral. As is my job. Perhaps you have seen the master stonemason?"


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Midori frowns. "Why would anyone desecrate the grave of a priest?"


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Thaddeus' face turns dour at the news, "That is beyond mischief. As far as I am concerned, that borders on desecration of a holy site. You have my word, Sheriff, I will do my best to get to the bottom of this."


hiatus

Bel'Tanis rises in the early morning, his body sheathed in cold sweat as his dreams still echo in his mind. Images of a cruel little goblin whipping a young girl dance in his mind's eye. He drops to the floor then, with the hope that his morning exercises might chase the cold memories away before they conjured up others beside.

A short while later and Bel'Tanis descends the stairs to the common room below. Happily, he greets Ameiko with an easy smile, genuinely complimenting her on her hair style this morning. Smiling sweetly in return, Ameiko grabs him by the shoulders and spins him around, giving him a gentle push over to a table where most of the people whom he'd helped fight the goblins had already gathered.

With happy greetings to each one at the table, he pulls out a chair and enjoys his breakfast.

A short time later...
"A good question, Midori. And I hope Thaddeus here is wrong and that it is naught but simple mischief. We won't find out sitting here though. Shall we go and meet with the good Father to learn what we may?"


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Party

After finishing your discussion you leave for the church with the rest of your companions. It does seem that Sandpoint has become and interesting place all of a sudden and you are in the middle of it!

As you approach the church you see Scoria talking to Father Zantus and the Sandpoint graveyard caretaker Naffer Vosk.

Scoria
"Oh of course my child, I assumed you had joined the rest of the party celebrating the town's victory last night at the Dragon."

"Unfortunately things have taken turn for the worse this morning I fear. The crypt of the former priest Ezakien Tobyn, has been tampered with."

"I called upon the Sheriff for some assistance to investigate the matter and he said he was going to gather yesterday's heroes to see if they would help out."

He then suddenly stops talking and looks down the road behind you.

"Desna be praised your companions have arrived."

party
Everybody is at the Church with Father Zantus and Naffer Vosk.


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Party? What party was the father speaking about? Scoria was associated with no party as she was aware. She feared that the father was mistaking her for something else. Though the vandalism of the crypt was concerning, it did not directly involve her in any way. There was no reason for her to investigate.

"I see. I do hope then that yesterday's heroes are able to resolve the matter for you." Scoria tells Father Zantus, bowing politely to him. "I will get back to my job." She glances over at the group arriving, before taking a moment to correct the father. "Before yesterday, I have not said anything to any of these people. I barely know them. They are not, in fact, my companions."

Once again, she bows, this time to the group at large. "Thank you for your assistance. Irori guide your path," She tells them, before starting to head off to join the rest of the volunteers in cleaning up around the Cathedral.

Don't worry, it's simple enough to get her to help everyone out. All you have to do is ask her directly, without praise or any lauding of her being a hero. Also to assure her that her absence will be cleared with the master stonemason.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Khrondak racks up his horse outside the cathedral and enters speaking loudly and unceremoniously, his clamorous voice echoing in the nave. "Father Zantus! I hear you have problems with graverobbers! Perhaps we can track them and, hopefully, it will lead us to slaying more of those vile goblins that plague your city!" He looks around the impressive cathedral's interior for the first time. Indeed, a nice work, though not indispensable. as he observes it, he spots Scoria working. He points at her and shouts with a smile "Stone woman! We've missed your account of the fight as we shared it with the peasants over dinner! Will you join us once more?" He turns to father Zantus and exalts her deeds the day before. "A fine warrior, that one!"


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Father Zantus looks a bit nervously up at the hulking Khrondak,"Yes she is indeed a fine warrior, err ahh Ironforged, is it?"

"Though I think she is a bit of a loner,"Zantus adds.

"Well if you all can convince her to help, I'm sure she would."

"Looks like she went to report for work with Master Stonemason Hyedin."


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Thaddeus disregards the idea of asking the woman to help. She assisted in the fight the day before, but maybe it was only out of a sense of self-preservation, and he accepts that not everyone is driven by his level of desire to help those in need. "Father, would you be so kind as to show us to the scene of the crime? I would like to help you find whoever would commit such a heinous act as soon as we can."


hiatus

"Oh hold on a moment. I'll see if Scoria might be interested in helping." Silently hoping that Scoria doesn't get the wrong impression, Bel'Tanis approaches her for the second day in a row.

"Errr, good morning, Scoria. I trust you've recovered from our little mess with the goblins yesterday. We were, well, wondering if you wouldn't mind joining us again as we look into this grave tampering business? Sheriff Hemlock would feel better if people who he knows can handle themselves if things complicated did the investigating... so, well, would you be willing and able to look into it with us? By the way, I really like what you did with the lintel there, working each of the five holy symbols into it like that. Clever and tasteful all at once. But I digress! Care to join us?" He offers another easy, comfortable smile as he finishes.


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

The stonemason woman looks over her shoulder at the cathedral guardsman - it was certainly obvious that he could take care of himself in a fight, as he had shown yesterday against the goblins. She listened and allowed him to say his piece, before putting her hammer and chisel down briefly. "Do not laud praise upon those who had nothing to do with it. The lintel's design is credited to the architect. I merely aided with the placement of the finished stone. There are also six symbols," She pointed out.

She stares impassively at Bel'Tanis, her face just as expressive as a rock. Thinking carefully as she weighed her choices. On the one hand, she was just a stonemason. But perhaps they needed her eye to understand the recent vandalism of the crypt. She could also make an assessment of what needed repairing. Perhaps manage another brief job repairing it. That would certainly work out for her. The fact that the goblin raid coinciding with the vandalism was also a concern to her. Though not not of her affairs, she had a curiosity to quench on this matter.

After debating with herself, Scoria finally spoke to Bel'Tanis again. "I will come. Though if the sheriff cannot trust the competency of his own men to investigate such a matter, he should look to recruiting others," the woman comments, heading back towards the rest of the group - keeping her distance, though present.


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Noticks mind wanders at the news. The entire trip from the Rusty Dragon to the Cathedral, his mind races as he keeps to himself in thought. Could this be what his uncle was doing that day? Did he want me distracted so he couldn't do his typical foiling?! he thinks to himself.

He wanders just a few paces behind everyone as he arrives, still in deep though. He hears out the Father, thinking on the name to see if he can remember any relevancy he may remember from his Uncle or the Town in general.

Knowledge(Local) on the name Ezakien Tobyn - especially if he can remember anything of his Uncle and the Man (any affiliations, rivalries, etc...
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

The sight of the Sheriff causes him to naturally stay quiet and on guard as he listens to the others talking. Notick is very known for being outspoken; many who know him would know this seems odd.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Father Zantus watches Bel'Tanis make his way to talk to Scoria across the yard. He then turns to Thaddeus,"Yes of course, Naffer Vosk here the caretaker will take you to the crypt of the former priest."

Notick
You do not recall any connection that Ezakien Tobyn had to your uncle's crew. In fact he was known around town as kind and caring man. He and his daughter tragically died in the fire at the old Church during the unpleasantness five years ago.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Naffer hobbles up to the party, he is dragging his lame left leg and wearing an old ratty sailors outfit. In one hand he holds a bullseye lantern, the other a billy club.

"Well ye landlubbers all r'dy to shove off?"

"Or are ye busy countin' the blige rats argh."


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Notick clears his throat to catch everyone's attention, finally speaking for the first time since their departure. "I do believe we are all prepared..."

He looks over all his potential new allies. "We should gather our things and get to the site. I believe we should prepare for more Goblins - it's way too convenient not to be a coincidence that these two things have happened so close to one another." Looking back to Scoria before finishing, "The sheriff is not stupid - he wants to keep the watch in location in case something is truly amiss, so the town has protection while we investigate."

He scratches his neck, his demeanor changes and his face contorts into a smirk, "Plus, getting you out of the chapel may not be such a bad idea... You might polish it so well that the Father's men would be demeaned for the rest of their tenures here!"


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

"Let's go at once! Take us there, caretaker!"


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

After Iron Forged's outburst, he mumbles aloud to finish his more serious thought, "Meaning he thinks there's more possibility of a threat than he's letting on..."


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Naffer begins to hobble forward,"Come ye lubbers, to yonder crypt o'er th' horizon."

Naffer leads you to the cemetery just across the cathedral square. Certainly not past the horizon.

A short distance into the cemetery he points to a fairly new looking crypt,"Thar she be, th' crypt o' th' late father."

"I'll be a stand'n port side here while ye check fer signs o' scalawags."

Naffer has led the party to the crypt of Ezakien Tobyn
I assume all of you are standing near the crypt.

As you approach the crypt you do notice that it is slightly ajar.

Perception Check:

Thaddeus1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Bel'Tanis1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Khrondak1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Notick1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Midori1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Scoria1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Thaddeus, Notick, Midori, and Scoria all notice several sets of tracks in the muddy ground near the crypt. The tracks appear to be left by goblins. However intermingled in the goblin tracks is a set of human tracks.

Survival Check:

Thaddeus1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Bel'Tanis1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Khrondak1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Notick1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Midori1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Scoria1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Khrondak and Scoria notice upon further inspection that there are six sets of goblin tracks and one set of human. The creatures appear to have climbed over the cemetery wall (from the outside of town) then made their way to the crypt, then returned to the wall.


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Scoria wasn't much of a tracker, but she had good eyes. She counted the different sets of goblin tracks, as well as the number of other ones. "Goblins - six of them. As well as one humanoid." To assume that they were human was to assume a lot - they could have been elven, orc, perhaps even the elementally touched like herself.

"Allow me to look first - I can see in darkness clearly," She offered, peering inside through the crack.

Perception, Darkvision 60ft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Scoria you approach the crypt with caution. Walking up silently as possible, the rest of the party standing behind you. Naffer a safe distance to the left, has nervously starting whistling an old pirate ditty.
Strangely as you approach the crypt door, you notice the nearby birds seemed to have stopped chirping. A cold autumn wind blows against your back as you peer in the cyrpt. You look into the gloom, expecting to find nothing.
However four sets of evil looking cold burning eyes stare back at you. In a rush the door pushes open and four skeletons leap out of the crypt to attack.

Initiative:

Thaddeus1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Bel'Tanis1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Khrondak1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Notick1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Midori1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Scoria1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Skeletons1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

The Desecrated Vault, Start of Round 1
Encounter Map
Desecrated Vault, Round 1

Initiative Order:
Khrondak 22
Skeletons 18
Thaddeus 16
Scoria 14
Midori 7
Bel'Tanis 6
Notick 4

Post in any order, I'll combine the round in a summary post.
For movement just call out on the grid where you are moving to and I'll update the map.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Skeletons Action Round 1

Looks like I forgot to label the Skeletons.
Going clockwise;
M1 (Skeleton 1): No Action
M2 (Skeleton 2): Attack Action, Attack Scoria
Broken Sword: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
N2 (Skeleton 3): Takes 5' Step to N3, Attack Action, Attack Bel'Tanis
Broken Sword: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
N1 (Skeleton 4): Takes 5' Step to N2, Attack Action, Attack Scoria
Broken Sword: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

The first skeleton out of the crypt lunges at Scoria, and rakes her with its broken and rusty scimitar.

The second skeleton moves out to attack Bel'Tanis, but its weak attack is easily parried.

The third skeleton attacks Scoria, but is unable to find any weakness in her defense.


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Scoria certainly hadn't expected an encounter with the undead, merely more goblins - she was taken by surprise by the first attack, the broken scimitar cutting across her abdomen, leaving a streak of red in its wake. The second attack she managed to deflect away with her elbow, before she counterattacked, fists lashing out to shatter bone.

Flurry of Blows, both on the Skeleton that hit her. Also, can you do something about the size of the maps? They're much too tiny for me to clearly see any text markers designating which enemy is which.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
F1 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
F2 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

HP: 4/10


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Midori moves to flank the nearest skeleton attacking Scoria. I really need to upgrade my weapons. Once again I'm ill equiped for the opponent.

Still, draws her longsword and attacks the skeleton.

attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
I forgot the +1 for masterwork originally

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6
Didn't help.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Khrondak immediately notices the skeletons and reacts accordingly, barely having time to say anything.

Khrondak moves to M2 and channels positive energy as a standard action
Channel Positive Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 1 DC 11


hiatus

Khrondak, isn't there a skeleton in M2?

Round 1
Not expecting a fight, Bel'Tanis reacts slowly to the appearance of the skeletons. Forgoing defense for a hopefully more effective offense, the aasimar readies his large, reinforced club and takes a swing at the skeleton before him.

If Skeleton 3 gets taken down by Thaddeus, he'll 5-ft step into its square and attack one of the remaining ones instead.

Greatclub (power attack): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9for: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Status:

HP: 13/13
AC: 15 (11 T / 14 FF)
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +4/+1/+2 (+1 vs fear)
(+2 vs evil descriptor)
daylight uses left: 1/1

Ongoing Effects
power attack


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

@Scoria, Next round I will increase the map size. This one compressed a bit for some reason.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Oops, M4


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Assuming the statue in O3 provides cover. Means no AoO's for my spellcasting, and no penalty to my attack roll for a ranged attack (yay for ranged around corners)

Thaddeus is disgusted to see the undead emerge from the edifice, and angered when one of them strike Scoria. He draws his sword, before calling upon his goddess' aid, "Your will is glorious, allow me to use it against the unholy abominations before me." His hand glows a soft white, sending out a beam of positive energy at the skeleton.

Being a left-handed caster, the statue that works to his advantage as a defense, becomes an obstacle. He has trouble getting his arm far enough to the right to be able to hit the creature with his holy energy. The statue, at first appearance a boon to him this fight, quickly becomes a bane.

Move action, draw weapon.
Standard, Cast Disrupt Undead, Ranged Touch on Skeleton 3 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Yes, the statue provides cover. Which does bring up a good point, I'm going to include a map key for the terrain going forward.

201 to 250 of 2,458 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Valkur's Rise of the Runelords Campagin All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.