Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Valkur's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Valkur

Sandpoint
Current Day:
Day 40, 30th of Lamashan, Morning


151 to 200 of 2,406 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Goblins Round 1

Goblin Commando
The goblin after getting knocked back violently from his mount, regains his footing and moves back to his mount.
It appears that he enjoyed getting dismounted.
Move action to stand up.
Move action to C13

Goblin Mount
The goblin mount waits for the return of its rider.
No Action

Goblin 1
The goblin lears at Bel'Tanis and charges him with a toothy grin.
Full Round Action, Charge to E16 and attack Bel'Tanis.
Attack Dog Slicer: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8
Bel'Tanis you easily avoid the attack of the leering goblin.

Goblin 2
This goblin follows the lead of its kin and steps in to take a swipe at Bel'Tanis.
Move Action to E15.
Attack Action, Attack Thaddeus.
Attack Dog Slicer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
However you are not so lucky avoiding his companion's attack.
Dog Slicer: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Bel'Tanis, 3 Damage.

Goblin 3
The third goblin rushes to Thaddeus to engage him.
Move Action to F11
Attack Action, Attack Thaddeus
Attack Dog Slicer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
The little runt only succeeds in hitting the air around you.

I will be posting the start of round 2, in a few hours.


Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

I think Goblin 2 actually just missed me thanks to my shield. It bumps my AC up to 17. I have it in the Status spoiler at the end of my post, but now that I think about it, you probably just referenced my header bar info. I'll add a line about the shield to that now.

Round 2 - Initiative 13b
Bel'Tanis, ignoring the first goblin after its reckless charge, brings his blade to bear on the second goblin. Standard Action: Attack Goblin 2!

Scimitar (one-handed, inspire courage): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Status:

HP: 10/13
AC w/ shield: 17 (11 T / 16 FF)
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +4/+1/+2 (+1 vs fear)
(+2 vs evil descriptor)
daylight uses left: 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos
Bel'Tanis wrote:

I think Goblin 2 actually just missed me thanks to my shield. It bumps my AC up to 17. I have it in the Status spoiler at the end of my post, but now that I think about it, you probably just referenced my header bar info. I'll add a line about the shield to that now.

Round 2 - Initiative 13b
Bel'Tanis, ignoring the first goblin after its reckless charge, brings his blade to bear on the second goblin. Standard Action: Attack Goblin 2!

[dice=Scimitar (one-handed, inspire courage)]1d20+5[dice=for]1d6+4

** spoiler omitted **

You are correct!No Damage.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Round 1 Recap
Midori (Moved and Bardic Performance: Inspire Courage)
Scoria (Moved)
Thaddeus (Moved, Shield Active, Arcane Pool Active)
Bel'Tanis (Moved)
Notick (Moved, Cast Hydrolic Push)
Goblin Commando (Moved)
Goblins (Move, Attack)
Khrondak (Move, Divine Favor Active)

Die Dog Die, Start of Round 2
Die Dog Die, Round 2
Round 2 Initiative Order
Midori 18
Scoria 17
Thaddeus 13
Bel'Tanis 13
Notick 9
Goblin Commando 8
Goblins 8
Khrondak 5

Status:

Everybody:
Buff:Inspire Courage(+1, Hit, Damage, Fear&Charm Svs)

Thaddeus:
Buff:+1 enhancement bonus on weapon (2 Rounds Remaining)
Buff:Shield (8 Rounds Remaining)
Arcane Pool: 3/4

Khrondak:
Buff:Divine Favor(8 Round Remaining)
Channel Positive Energy: 5/6
Domain Power: Firebolt 4/5
1st— divine favor(used), shield of faith, true strikeD

Notick:
1st Level(DC: 14): Ray of Enfeeblement, Magic Missile, (*)Hydraulic Push (Used), (*)Grease (used), Burning Hands, Enlarge Person

Midori
Bardic Performance: 3/7

Scoria

Bel'Tanis

Post in any order, I'll combine the round in a summary post.
For movement just call out on the grid where you are moving to and I'll update the map.


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Notick moves forward next to Thaddeus, working to help take the Goblin down quickly, aiding him in his task.


Move to G11
Aid Another - Thaddeus (+2 to hit goblin)

Aid Another 'Attack' Check: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10 Success!


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Midori continues her performance and moves to F10 to attack goblin 3.

attack: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

damage: 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

sigh...


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

I feel your pain Midori... I feel your pain.


Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

Not that it would have helped with that roll, but don't forget to give yourself your own inspire courage bonus, Midori!


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Whatever the Tien woman was speaking about seemed to bolster her own strength slightly, which was an advantage that the stony monk needed. She stepped forward towards the goblin rider and his mount, striking out hard and fast at both of the creatures, with fist and foot.

5ft step to D13, Flurry of blows, first on Rider, second on Mount

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 1 = 14
F1 Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 = 23
F2 Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10 x2 crit = 20 damage.

Flurry 2 Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 17

I think Scoria just straight up curbstomped the Mount. :D


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Poor Doggy :(


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

@Scoria:
About the crit, I believe you only multiply the dice damage, not any other modifiers. (Though some GMs let you roll multiple times instead of just multiplying). Still a pretty good hit, though. ;)

After Bel'Tanis slays one goblin, Khrondak runs towards the other one attacking him, holding the earth breaker with arms high in the air. When he gets close to its target, he brings down the massive hammer's head over the goblin in an attempt to smash it into a puddle of blood and flesh.

Full-round action: charge from J10 to E15 (over dead goblin 2) to attack goblin 1
Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 18
Damage: 2d6 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 14
current AC=14


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

The dog goes splat!

Scoria moves up to engage the dog, catching it unaware while it waits for its master to remount. Scoria lands a solid blow with a sickening crunch killing the dog instantly.

Bel'Tanis spins to avoid both of the goblins blades and catches the second goblin in the chest, instantly killing it.

Goblins Round 2

Goblin Commando
Seeing his mount's head snap back and crumple to the ground, the lead goblin screeches in agony for its fallen mount.
It then looks maliciously at Scoria waving, its pole-arm in a vicious circle.
"Вы убили Длинноногий Гоблин собака, сейчас ты умрешь!"

Goblin:

You Longshanks killed Goblin-Dog, now you die!

Attack Action, Attack Scoria
Attack Horse Chopper: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Scoria is far to nimble to be hit with such a clumsy swing.

Goblin Mount
Dead

Goblin 1
Seeing Bel'Tanis strike down his companion, the goblin presses his attack looking for an advantage.
Attack Action, Attack Bel'Tanis.
Attack Dog Slicer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
The goblins attack harmlessly deflect off your shield. The goblin then notices a rather large man running straight at him, preparing to swing a large maul. The goblin raises its dogslicer attempting to block...

Goblin 2
Dead

Goblin 3
The third goblin continues to attack Thaddeus.
Attack Action, Attack Thaddeus
Attack Dog Slicer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
The goblin is unable to make any significant attack with the magic shield in place.

After the Goblins action.
The goblin's block is a feeble attempt.
Khrondak's earthbreaker shatters the dogslicer and smashes the goblins ribcage, killing it instantly.
Goblin 2, Dead
Thaddeus you still have an action.

Wow you all are steamrolling these poor little goblins!


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Thaddeus decides to stick to regular swings until he can start to get a handle on mixing the two elements. His attention is off, as he watches the marble and bejeweled woman kill the dog outright with one fell blow, and the distraction caused him to swing wide at the little creature.

Attack on Goblin 3 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 9
Sadly, I don't get Notick's aid until round 3, since he goes after me.

His attention redirected, he finally finds his mark, just as Iomedae's blessing fades from his blade.

Preemptive Round 3 attack 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 17, damage 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 11
After round 3, his Arcane Pool wears off


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Round 2 Recap
Midori (Moved and Attacked, Free Action:Bardic Performance: Inspire Courage)
Scoria (Moved, Attacked)
Thaddeus (Attacked, Shield Active, Arcane Pool Active)
Bel'Tanis (Attacked)
Notick (Moved, Aid Other:Thaddeus)
Goblin Commando (Atacked)
Goblins (Goblin 1 and 3 Attacked, Goblin 1 and 2 died)
Khrondak (Charged, Divine Favor Active)

Die Dog Die, Start of Round 3
Encounter Map
Die Dog Die, Round 3
Round 3 Initiative Order
Midori 18
Scoria 17
Thaddeus 13
Bel'Tanis 13
Notick 9
Goblin Commando 8
Goblins 8
Khrondak 5

Status:

Everybody:
Buff:Inspire Courage(+1, Hit, Damage, Fear&Charm Svs)

Thaddeus:
Buff:+1 enhancement bonus on weapon (1 Rounds Remaining)
Buff:Shield (7 Rounds Remaining)
Aid Other: From Notick
Arcane Pool: 3/4

Khrondak:
Buff:Divine Favor(7 Round Remaining)
Channel Positive Energy: 5/6
Domain Power: Firebolt 4/5
1st— divine favor(used), shield of faith, true strikeD

Notick:
1st Level(DC: 14): Ray of Enfeeblement, Magic Missle, (*)Hydraulic Push (Used), (*)Grease (used), Burning Hands, Enlarge Person

Midori
Bardic Performance: 2/7

Scoria

Bel'Tanis


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

The monk wastes little time after dodging the heavy clumsy swing of the goblin's large blade, striking out at him as fast and as hard as her fists and feet would lash out.

Flurry of Blows on the Goblin Commander.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9
F1 Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8
F2 Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9


Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

Round 3 - Initiative 12b

Bel'Tanis quickly turns his attention from the pudding-like remains of the goblin just smashed by Iron Forged to the goblin currently fighting with Scoria. He dashes past the Shoanti with a grim nod as he lashes out with his scimitar once more. Move to D14, attack Goblin Commando

Scimitar (one-handed, inspire courage): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Status:

HP: 13/13
AC w/ shield: 17 (11 T / 16 FF)
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +4/+1/+2 (+1 vs fear)
(+2 vs evil descriptor)
daylight uses left: 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

The goblin dodges both of Scoria's fists, however he steps directly in front of Bel'Tanis's scimitar. The creature howls in pain, then re-grips his pole-arm ready to take on any more challengers.


Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

Valkur, does the little bugger have reach with that pole-arm? If so, would I have provoked an AoO? I'm not sure if Scoria would provide me with soft cover or not.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos
Bel'Tanis wrote:
Valkur, does the little bugger have reach with that pole-arm? If so, would I have provoked an AoO? I'm not sure if Scoria would provide me with soft cover or not.

No it does not have reach. Technically it is a small sized Halberd that has been goblinized.


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

I wrote up Thaddeus' round 3 in my last post, in case I didn't get one in at a decent time.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Thanks to the aid of Notick, Thaddeus presses his attack against the goblin he is sparing with and delivers a killing blow against the little runt.

Gobin 3 is dead. That leaves a wounded Goblin Commando.
I'll wait to post the goblin's action until Midori or Notick have had a chance to act, as they may finish it off.


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Notick stays his weapon, seeing the cluster of fighters around the final Goblin. "Stay your weapons! We need one alive to question - we need to ensure they don't have any other plans! he pleas aloud, hoping others will see the reason in his remark.


Notick takes a Ready Action


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Midori will hold her action to see if the nasty little creature can be taken prisoner.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Goblins Round 3
Goblin Commando
Now nearly surrounded the goblin seems undaunted. It takes a step back, pulls out a vial and drinks the contents.

5ft step to B13.
Move action, pulls out vial.
Potion Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 = 8
Goblin Commando 8 Healing.
The goblin after slurping down the vial, looks ready to take on all of you to the death!
"умрешь,умрешь,умрешь!"

Goblin:

Die, Die, Die!

Goblin Mount:Dead
Goblin 1:Dead
Goblin 2:Dead
Goblin 3:Dead

Khrondak you still have your round 3 action.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos
Midori Masaki wrote:
Midori will hold her action to see if the nasty little creature can be taken prisoner.

@Midori, are you continuing your Inspire Courage as well?


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Yes.

As the little creature slurps down the potion, Midori shrughs and swings at ti.

attack: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

damage: 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

I want new dice!:)


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

@Midori: I'm just curious, but are you tracking how many rounds of bardic music you've been using? Because unless my math is off, you've used 6 rounds of it today already, meaning you're down to a single round of use for the rest of the day, and we don't even know if this is the final fight for the day.

Also, I know that Khrondak hasn't made his round action yet, but on the very off-chance that his attack doesn't cleave the goblin commando in two, I'll post Scoria's next round action, which of course is another flurry of blows - assuming just a bit no bardic support.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
F1 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
F2 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Khrondak ignores Midori's plea of mercy for the goblin and circles around to finish him off once and for all.

Round 3
Move to B14
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 2d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 7


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Tracking Bardic Perfomance: 7 rnds/day [4 + 3 cha]

1st fight: none used

2nd fight: R1, R2, R3: 3 rounds used.

3rd fight: R1, R2, R3:3 rounds used so far

7rnds/day - 6rnds used = 1 rnd remaining


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Round 3 Recap
Midori (Delayed Action, Moved then attacked, Free Action:Bardic Performance: Inspire Courage)
Scoria (Attacked)
Thaddeus (Attacked, Shield Active, Arcane Pool Active)
Bel'Tanis (Attacked)
Notick (Readied Action)
Goblin Commando (Drink Potion)
Goblins (Goblin 1,2,3 Dead)
Khrondak (Moved, Attacked, Divine Favor Active)

Die Dog Die, Start of Round 4
Encounter Map
Die Dog Die, Round 4
Round 4 Initiative Order
Scoria 17
Thaddeus 13
Bel'Tanis 13
Notick 9
Goblin Commando 8
Goblins 8
Midori 7
Khrondak 5

Status:

Everybody:
Buff:Inspire Courage(+1, Hit, Damage, Fear&Charm Svs)

Thaddeus:
Buff:+1 enhancement bonus on weapon (End on Init Action)
Buff:Shield (6 Rounds Remaining)
Arcane Pool: 3/4

Khrondak:
Buff:Divine Favor(6 Round Remaining)
Channel Positive Energy: 5/6
Domain Power: Firebolt 4/5
1st— divine favor(used), shield of faith, true strikeD

Notick:
1st Level(DC: 14): Ray of Enfeeblement, Magic Missle, (*)Hydraulic Push (Used), (*)Grease (used), Burning Hands, Enlarge Person

Midori
Bardic Performance: 1/7

Scoria

Bel'Tanis

Post in any order, I'll combine the round in a summary post.
For movement just call out on the grid where you are moving to and I'll update the map.
@Scoria are you doing non-lethal or lethal damage? You hit the goblin on your first strike, if Midori is still using Inspire Courage (and I assume she is).
Scoria wounds the goblin commando.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos
Midori Masaki wrote:

Tracking Bardic Perfomance: 7 rnds/day [4 + 3 cha]

1st fight: none used

2nd fight: R1, R2, R3: 3 rounds used.

3rd fight: R1, R2, R3:3 rounds used so far

7rnds/day - 6rnds used = 1 rnd remaining

@Midori, that is what I have as well. This fourth round will be the last.


Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

Round 4 - Initiative 12b

With a grunt, Bel'Tanis weaves his way around behind the goblin. He swings his sword violently, putting as much strength into the blow as he can muster. Move to A13, through Scoria & Midori's spaces - will likely provoke

Scimitar (one-handed, inspire courage, flanking, power attack): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26for: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Scimitar (critical confirmation): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 dang! so close!

Status:

HP: 13/13
AC w/ shield: 17 (11 T / 16 FF)
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +4/+1/+2 (+1 vs fear)
(+2 vs evil descriptor)
daylight uses left: 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
courageously inspired!
power attack!


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Seeing everyone crowded around the last goblin, and instead of trying to squeeze in, Thaddeus tries to coax the trapped man out from behind the fight. "Sir, the others present a threat to the goblin, he should be too occupied to make a move against you. Make your way out carefully, so we can get you to safety."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Lethal damage. These goblins don't deserve any mercy, as in the same position they wouldn't any themselves.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Goblin Commando
The goblin commando targets Bel'Tanis trying to maneuver around in the melee. He swings viciously with his horsechopper.

Attack of Opportunity, Attack Bel'Tanis
Atack Horse Chopper: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Horsechopper: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The goblin makes Bel'Tanis pay for his maneuvering around in melee. However in striking Bel'Tanis, he leaves his defenses open, allowing Bel'Tanis a return swing that ends his miserable life.

Goblin Commando, Dead.
Bel'Tanis take 2 points of damage.
I'll be posting XP and loot in the discussion tab for the 3 encounters, good work everybody.

@Scoria, I forgot to have you make a Fortitude Save after you hit the Goblin Dog. Please make a save when you get a chance.


Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

Bel'Tanis exhales deeply as the goblin collapses in a heap. "Is that all of them? I hope that's all of them." He turns to Notick then, "Clever idea, blasting this little devil off his ugly dog-thing!"

Status:

HP: 11/13


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Burnt Offerings; Part 2 Local Heroes.

After Bel'Tanis slays the last of the goblins in the area. You notice the sounds of battle in the town are no more. However you do hear cheers of victory through out the town. It appears the townsfolk have won the battle against the dastardly goblins. Thanks in part to all your valiant efforts.

The man behind the crates slowly gets up and looks around nervously as if looking for more goblins to launch an assault. He is dressed in expensive clothing and carries fine weaponry. Either he is a noble or a rich merchant.

He looks over to Thaddeus who had addressed him as the melee was reaching its conclusion.

"Oh thank you good sir, and also to your fellow companions."
"I thought that big goblin was going to run me through had you not shown up when you did."

He then suddenly looks over to his left at Midori,"Well met my lady!"

He then quickly looks back to the rest of the party, "Of course where are my manners, my name is Lord Foxglove, but you can call me Aldern, no need for fancy titles among my saviors."


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

"I'm honored to meet you, Lord Foxglove...er...Aldern. I'm just glad I could be of some small degree of help."


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Knowledge Nobility (the Foxglove name) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Diplomacy (basically to make a good impression) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Thaddeus profers a formal bow, acting accordingly toward someone that introduces himself as a Lord. "No thanks necessary, Milord. It is my duty, as a blade of Iomedae's glory, to help those in danger. If it pleases Milord, I would feel more comfortable continuing to use your honorific title? I would be lax in my discipline if I threw proper decorum out the window in the interest of convenience or familiarity."


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Khrondak spots Lord Foxglove's clean and unsheathed weapons, and gets angry for wasting the effort of six men and woman to rescue an armed, grown man who did nothing to defend himself. He puts away the earth breaker without bothering to clean the hammer head, dripping goblin blood all over as he does so. Midori's and Thaddeus' formal and cordial treatment of the cowardly rich mand angers him even further, as he deems Foxglove's behavior unworthy of reverence. He points to Foxglove's weapons and provokes the man.

"Anything wrong with your sword?"


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

All of the goblins were defeated, their raid ending in complete failure thanks to everyone's efforts. Scoria took a moment to wipe the blood off of her knuckles. She was absolutely uninterested in what the bejeweled merchant had to say to them - she was merely acting in the interests of the town to restore order. Now that it had been settled, she could just slip away as quietly as she could to avoid any sort of scene.

Stealth to slip away unnoticed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

@Thaddeus, you have heard the Foxglove name before, they are minor nobles out of Magnimar, with large holdings in shipping.

Looking at Thaddeus,"Oh please no need to be formal, a fine swordsman such as yourself earned the right to call me Aldern."

He then quickly looks back to Midori,"My lady it was certainly your beautiful music that inspired your fellow champions on to victory." "Certainly an epic for the ages."
Then continuing on with Midori, his attention focused on her, "So strange you look like my innkeeper at The Rusty Dragon."

He quickly snaps his head back towards Khrondak,"umm whaaa, no of course not, I am well, just not very good at swordplay I am afraid."

"You valiant warrior, I can tell you are cut from the same mold as the warriors of legend and myth."
"It is indeed fortunate on my part that you came along when you did to save me from these vile creatures."

"Again my thanks to you all, make sure you stop by the Rusty Dragon in the next few days after you have recovered from your ordeal."
"I want to give you all a proper reward."

He then looks back to Midori, "Please my lady visit me with your companions, and if you play some more of your fine melodies after we take our dinner, I would be most honored."


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

@Scoria, you make the save against a nasty rash from the goblin dog:)

Scoria, as you move away from the rest of the party, you see Father Zantus, the lady who owns the Rusty Dragon, and the Sheriff making their way to the battle site.

They do not seem to notice you, as you stay within the cover of the buildings of the street.


Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

Bel'Tanis turns to Midori offering his easy grin, "He's right. You do look an awful lot like Ameiko. I was nearly late to the church this morning I was so stunned at seeing you both!"


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

"We're cousins. Our mothers were sisters. My father...died...recently and mother chose to commit her life entirely to Brigh. I decided to learn more about my aunt and her family. I'd met Ameiko before, years ago. Before Aunt Atsuii died."


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Foxglove, continuing to fawn over Midori,"Of course, such beauty runs in the family I see."

"Well my valiant heroes, I must take my leave and retire to my bed chambers at the Rusty Dragon." "I simply must rest after today's excursions."

"Please remember to come see me for dinner when you have the time, farewell valiant heroes."

He then turns back to Midori.
"I certainly wish you the best in your endeavors lady bard."

Foxglove waives farewell and then looks around nervously as if looking for more goblins. He then begins to head south in the direction of the Rusty Dragon.

Passing him along the road you see Father Zantus, Ameiko, and Sheriff Hemlock coming towards the battle site as the sun begins to set in the west.


Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

Bel'Tanis smiles as he sees Ameiko and Father Zantus approach, neither looking any worse for wear after the raid. He waves then turns back to the group, "None of you are hurt, are you? Iron Forged? How about you Scori- Scoria? Hey - where'd Scoria go?"


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Notick's cheeks flush red with the praise Bel'Tanis gives him. "Oh, it was nothing I assure you. Just doing my part!"

Throughout the whole ordeal he stays quiet and vigilant, not wanting to bring too much attention to himself. It was, after all, not long ago he was being accused of some rather harsh accusations!

"It would appear the rock golem has slipped away... I'm sure we'll find her in town somewhere."

His throat welts up at the sight of the Sheriff. He works his way around the wagon as if inspecting something, doing his best to act as if he wasn't doing anything inappropriate. Seeing the Goblin Commando's body, he decides to check it for clues to see if there is anything of informational value on him.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Father Zantus, Sheriff Hemlock and Ameiko, greet the party as they approach.

As Father Zantus reaches Bel'Tanis, "Praise the six, you are well boy."
And then grasps Bel'Tanis's hand in a warm handshake,"I see that you are well boy, but where is the stonemason Scoria?"
With a sudden look on dread on the cleric's face,"she was with you, was she not?"

As Ameiko approaches,"Cousin you are unscathed I see."
"あなたは、ゴブリンと戦うためにどのようにこれらの少年たちを教えましたか?" she says playfully to Midori with a hearty laugh.

Tian:

"Did you teach these boys how to fight goblins?"

The ever dour and monotone Sheriff Hemlock approaches,"Good work here Thaddeus, I'm glad you and your companions were able to defeat the goblins."

The sheriff then reflects for moment,"Thankfully losses were light this day, several wounded and a half-dozen have perished."
"Looks like with your goblins killed, that brings the total goblins to 30 that raided the town,interesting."

"Hey where did that half-elf go that was running the scam?"

The sheriff looks around and sees Notick trying to be nonchalant behind the crates. Hemlock shouts,"You here now!"


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Once the monk is sure that she's avoided any attention to herself, she quietly makes her way back to the White Deer, where she is rooming herself - the room and board being her wages for the past few months while working on the building of the cathedral. Even so, it won't be long before her time here will be at an end. She takes a moment to fill a washbasin with cold water before bringing it up to her small room, kneeling down on the floor mat.

After washing her hands and body properly, she settles in to meditate - the little 'do not disturb' placard she had made already on the door while she crosses her legs and places her hands on her knees, closing her eyes and steadily her breathing to a crawl, clearing her mind. It was important to meditate every day - especially after she had taken a life, regardless of who or what they were.

Thinking on those killing blows, the crunch of bone, the splatter of blood, the pain from striking with her own body - remembering the little details. Searing them into her own mind, so she would never forget them. Assuming responsibility to her soul, letting it weigh it down a little more. Accepting that it was inevitable for their lives to end at her hands. She could only hope those goblins, if reincarnated, became creatures with less hostility to mankind.

151 to 200 of 2,406 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Valkur's Rise of the Runelords Campagin All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.