Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Valkur's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Valkur

Sandpoint
Current Day:
Day 40, 30th of Lamashan, Morning


101 to 150 of 2,458 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Round 1 Recap
Everybody moved.
Notick cast Grease, Goblin saved.

Status Summary:

Bel'Tanis: HP 11/13
Notick: Spells Used (1st-Grease)
Midori: Inspire courage +1: An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Encounter Map
Goblin Assault Encounter2-Round2
Start Round 2
Initative:
Goblin Pyros 24
Midori 20
Bel'Tanis 20
Scoria 19
Goblin With Whip 17
Notick 11
Thaddeus 8
Khrondak 5

Post in any order, I'll combine the round in a summary post.
For movement just call out on the grid where you are moving to and I'll update the map.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Goblin Pyros Round 2

The first goblin slip and slides in the grease attempting to reach the stage.
Move Action, move half-speed to attempt to leave the area greased and move to I17.
Acrobatics Skill Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

The second goblin finishes his apple pie and looks in Thaddeus's direction, screaming "Длинноногий любитель собак умирают!"
He then runs at Thaddeus waving his torch manically.

Goblin:

Die like a dog longshanks!


Free Action, finish pie :)
Move Action, Move to L14.
Standard Action: Attack Thaddeus with Torch.
Torch Attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Torch Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Thaddeus takes 3 damage +1 fire damage for a total of:4

The goblin swings and catches Thaddeus in the chest with his torch.

The third goblin attacks Bel'Tanis with his torch, laughing and screaming, "гореть, гореть, гореть!"

Goblin:

Burn, Burn, Burn!


Standard Action: Attack Bel'Tanis with Torch.
Torch Attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Bel'Tanis easily side steps the clumsy attack.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Khrondak advances past the burning cart and suddenly comes to a hault, staring at the goblin with the whip. He swing the weight of his earth breaker to the left, holding it one-handed, and stretches out his right hand in the goblin's direction. "I hear you're fond of fire, isn't that so?", he utters, flames and ember starting to spring from his palm. With a swinging motion, Khrondak throws a burst of fire against the small creature; the fire cuts the air leaving a trail of heated air and smoke as it seeks its target.

Move action: K17
Attack action: Fire bolt (domain power): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 vs. Touch AC
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Scoria makes one small step forward, noting the positions of the goblins and her allies. The Town guardsman was currently engaged with one of the torch bearing goblins, and he was blocking her shot at the one with the whip. Best to try and kill these other ones quickly, then.

The tiny star like blades in her hand flashed out, one at the pyro on the stage, the other at the one who had just dealt a nasty blow to the guardsman - being careful not to hit him.

Scoria moves to i14. Flurry of Shuriken, 1 on Pyro1, 1 on Pyro2.

Shuriken, Pyro 1: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 1 = 14
Shuriken damage: 1d2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

Shuriken, Pyro 2: 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 8
Shuriken Damage: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 14 Rolled wrong dice for damage. Rerolling
Rerolled Shuriken Damage: 1d2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Grunts at his stupidity for putting his weapon away and assuming the fight was over. He redraws his Falcata and maneuvers into a better position, following the barbarian looking fellows' lead, wanting to stop the odd torture of the little girl. Stopping just next to Thaddeus, he covers the man's back from any possibility of a rear attack while formulates a plan to save the girl.


Double move...
Move - Draw Falcata
Move - move to K16


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Midori continues her performance.


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

Round 2

"Blasted little maniac!" Bel'Tanis' scimitar arcs through the air as he swings it at the jumpy goblin before him. Standard Action: Attack GobPyro3

Scimitar (one-handed, inspire courage): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

If the goblin drops, he'll then close in on the one with the whip and move to O12.

Status:

HP: 11/13
AC w/ shield: 17 (11 T / 16 FF)
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +4/+1/+2 (+1 vs fear)
(+2 vs evil descriptor)
daylight uses left: 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
inspired with courage (+1 morale bonus to attack & damage, +1 vs fear (morale)


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Hurt and flustered by the burn, Thaddeus once again tries to attack and cast. First, though, he tries to remove the fiery pest that just torched him. "Let my blade be an extension of your will, my goddess." He swings his blade at the stunted little imp, but the torch that just burned him held before it causes him to balk. He takes a step back, praying once more for assistance, "Befuddle this doer of evil with your wondrous glory."

Swift action, use 1 Arcane Pool point
Attack, Goblin Pyro 2 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9 (Arcane pool, Bard song), in the off chance that's a hit 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 9
5' step to J16
Cast Daze on Pyro 2 DC 13 Will save


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Goblin With Whip, Round 2
The goblin with the whip continues to lash the girl lying on the ground, singing.
Почувствуйте, как кнут!
Почувствуйте, как огонь!

Goblin:

Feel the whip!
Feel the fire!

No Action, continues to whip the girl.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Round 2 Recap
Midori coninues to inspire!

Bel'tanis's scimitar slices into goblin pyro 3 killing it instantly.
Goblin Pyro 3, Dead

Scoria's Shurikens fly through the air towards their targets, but both goblins manage to dodge them.
Miss Goblin Pyro 1 and 2.

Notick draws his flacata and moves into position.

Thaddeus attacks the goblin that hit him with the torch but the goblin easily side steps the attack.
Thaddeus then repositions and casts daze on his target.
Miss Goblin Pyro 2.
Daze save for Goblin Pyro 2.
will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Goblin Pyro 2 is dazed

Khrondak launches a firebolt at the goblin with the whip, but the spell misses.

Status Summary:

Bel'Tanis: HP 11/13
Thaddeus: HP 6/10
Notick: Spells Used (1st-Grease)
Khrondak:Domian Power-Firebolt x5 per day (4/5)
Midori continues to Inspire.
Goblin Pyro 3, Dead.
Goblin Pyro 2, Dazed.


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Still continuing her performance, Midori moves to G19 and attacks the goblin in the grease patch with her longsword.

attack: 1d20 ⇒ 10

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Goblin Assault 2, Start of Round 3.

Encounter Map
Goblin Assault 2 Round 3
Start Round 3
Imitative:
Goblin Pyros 24
Midori 20
Bel'Tanis 20
Scoria 19
Goblin With Whip 17
Notick 11
Thaddeus 8
Khrondak 5

Post in any order, I'll combine the round in a summary post.
For movement just call out on the grid where you are moving to and I'll update the map.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Goblin Pyros Round 3

Goblin Pyro 1
The goblin on the stage sees Thaddeus stepping back and swings his torch at him.
"гореть, гореть, гореть!"
Attack Action, Attack Thaddeus.
Torch Attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
This goblin apparently does not know how to use a torch.

Goblin:

Burn, Burn, Burn!

Goblin Pyro 2, Dazed, No Action
Goblin Pyro 3, Dead.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos
Midori Masaki wrote:

Still continuing her performance, Midori moves to G19 and attacks the goblin in the grease patch with her longsword.

[dice=attack]1d20

[dice=damage]1d8

@Midori, the goblin was able to make its acrobatics check and move out of the grease area to I17. Retake your turn if you wish. Also if you go into the grease area you have to make an acrobatics skill check at DC10.


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

Round 3
"Leave her ALONE!" Bel'Tanis charges at the whip-wielding goblin, his scimitar whistling as it arcs through the air. charge to O16

Scimitar (one-handed, inspire courage, charge): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Status:

HP: 11/13
AC w/ shield: 15 (9 T / 14 FF) charge factored in
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +4/+1/+2 (+1 vs fear)
(+2 vs evil descriptor)
daylight uses left: 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
inspire courage (+1 morale bonus to attack & damage, +1 vs fear (morale)


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Seeing Bel'Tanis take care of the goblin with the whip, Khrondak turns around and focuses his attention on the goblin standing in the cart right behind him. He takes one step and attacks him letting out a primal scream.

Round 3
Move action:J18
Attack: Earthbreaker (plus inspire courage): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage (using destructive smite): 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 6) + 4 = 14


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

OK, redirecting my movement...

Midori moves to I16 to attack that goblin.

reroll if needed:
attack: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Still can't hit the broad side of a barn...


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Seeing as her first attack with shuriken failed, Scoria didn't let up, focusing two more of the deadly projectiles on the dazed goblin in front of her, stepping a bit closer to it afterwards.

Flurry of Shuriken at Goblin 2, 5 ft step to J18. Should first shuriken kill goblin 2, throw second one at whip goblin, -4 range penalty.

Shuriken 1: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
S1 Damage: 1d2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
Shuriken 2: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 1 = 22
S2 damage: 1d2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Seeing the Whipped Goblin has his hands full with the barbarian looking man, Notick sidesteps into Thaddeus's previous position, swinging his Falcata at the nearest Goblin.


Move - 5' step into K15
Attack Gob2 (Dazed) - 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 1 = 19
Damage - 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

If Scoria kills Gob 2... he'll move to N16 instead and attack the Whipping Gob


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

With most of the remaining goblins occupied, Thaddeus decides to forego his combined maneuver, and instead simply swings at the one on the stage beside him.

Attack 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 19, damage 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 8


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Scoria's first shuriken sails past the goblin on the stage. The goblin isn't so lucky as the second catches him in the throat and dies.

Goblin with Whip Action, Round 3.
The whip goblin staggers back from Bel'Tani's scimitar. He drops his whip and draws his dog slicer to attack Bel'Tanis.

Move Action, Draws Dog Slicer
Attack Action, Attacks Bel'Tanis
Dog Slicer: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
The goblin feints and finds a weak spot in Bel'Tanis's armor jabbing him in the side.
Dog Slicer Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Bel'Tanis takes 1 point of damage.

Notick then moves to assist Bel'Tanis to attack the goblin with the whip, striking it and killing it.

The goblins of the church square appear to be defeated. The sounds of battle are starting to fade. You begin to search nearby area looking for any stragglers. However the silence is soon broken with a scream and a plead for help.


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

The burning light fading from his eyes, Bel'Tanis nods gratefully to Notick as he hurries to sheath his sword and stow his shield. He then kneels down next to the little girl who'd been whipped by the goblin and offers soothingly, "It's alright. It's alright now. You're safe." Gingerly, he scoops her up in his arms, cradling her defensively.

He looks around for Father Zantus, hoping the priest might be able to tend to the little girl's wounds.

Status:

HP: 10/13


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Noticing their wounds, Khrondak Thadeus and says "You! You! Come here." He then approaches Bel'Tanis and the whipped girl and, gently takes her away from his arms. "Let me." When Thadeus comes near, he says a prayer and a surge of positive energy heals all wounds.

Shoanti:
"Oh ancient totems of the Sklar-Quah, give back the blood spilled in Gorum's honor"

Channel positive energy: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Thaddeus, accepts the prayer, not bothering to correct the Shoanti on who's honor he represents. The man was praying to his god, to heal the injured, it was not a time for petty bickering about religion.

Shoanti:
"Thank you brother. If I may call you that having spilled blood with you? I appreciate your god empowering our fight against evil."

Hearing the scream, he jumps back into action, "It seems we have not cleared all of the vermin from within the walls. Let us make haste to the sounds of the imperiled citizens!" He draws his blade once again, heading off toward the sounds of the cries for help. He doesn't wait to see if anyone else is with him.

DM-Valkur, let me know how much time I have left on my Arcane Pool when we get to the next sign of trouble. It lasts 1 min, and I've had it for about 3 rounds (counting Khrondak's heal).


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

"Thank you, Iron Forged." As a cry for help splits the air, Bel'Tanis quickly follows at Thaddeus' heel. As they hasten their way through the town he offers wryly, "You know, I much prefer the quiet to all this excitement."

Status:

HP: 13/13


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Midori halts her performance and follows the others to the sounds of further combat.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

@Thaddeus, you should be good on the Arcane Pool duration. The next encounter will start in two rounds, assuming the party heads to the north.

Father Zantus takes the girl from Khrondak as party begins to leave.

"Be at ease young lass for you are safe now."

He then quickly addresses the party,"My thanks Bel'Tanis, Scoria and the rest of you."

"You have all become heroes this day, we shall talk soon."

Heading North

Hearing cries for help to the north, just east of the White Deer Inn, near Sandpoint's North Gate.

A large goblin riding some dog like creature and three other goblins have a man trapped with his dog behind some crates. As you approach, the goblin rider rushes the dog and swings with with his polearm and beheads the man's dog. The man cries out in panic.
"Oh my this is it," as he sobs and cries.

The goblin rider shouts to the man, "Ваша Длинноногий очередь!"
The other goblins shout and cheer in approval at the gruesome attack.

The goblins don't seem to notice you as you approach.

Goblin:

Your turn longshanks!

@Party, not counting the round you just spent healing (and the girl)it will take two rounds following the cries to reach the goblin rider trapping the man. You will also have a surprise round as well to start the encounter.

Also I'm heading out to my company picnic, I'll start the encounter this evening when I return home.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Errata:
Previous post should start as follows: "Noticing his wounds, Khrondak looks at Thadeus and says "You! Come here.""


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

4 rds of enhancement left after the surprise round.

Thaddeus comes upon the scene, decides that he needs to draw their attention away from their next intended victim. First, though, he says a prayer, "Iomedae, your glory truly divine, protect me, your son from the depradations of the evils of these goblins."

Cast Shield in the surprise round, +4 shield bonus to AC.

Feeling more confident with her protection, he addresses the lead goblin, "Эй! Если вы ищете для боя, вы нашли один!

Goblin:
Hey! If you are looking for a fight, you have found one!

Edit: Is there a Knowledge check for the dog-like creature?


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Scoria wasn't relaxing her guard just yet after felling all of the goblins in the current area. It didn't seem like this could be all of the evil creatures here. As it was, the scream from the north certainly showed that there was trouble elsewhere, the unarmored woman hustled in that direction.

Once she comes into sight of the goblins, she doesn't stop - rushing past the others, she charges in with a vicious running knee to the closest goblin.

Surprise round, Scoria charges (40ft) to nearest goblin, attacks (-2 AC until next turn)

Unarmed Charge: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

If she's not close enough to attack with a charge, move 20ft and Shuriken closest goblin instead, taking range penalties as necessary.

Shuriken: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

Scoria, surprise round actions are limited to one standard action or one move, not both. You can, however, take a partial charge if you are close enough to one of the goblins.

As the group hurries off, Bel'Tanis will equip his shield and draw his scimitar. surprise round action to follow once the map's up


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Upon taking the goblins by surprise, Khrondak reaches for his holy symbol, and speak again in his native tongue; as he does so, divine magic starts flowing through his body.

Shoanti:
"Gorum, guide my hand."

Surprise round action - cast true strike


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Notick pops his right brow high in the air towards Father Zantus, an obvious look of bewilderment at him even considering Notick a part of the Heroic party. "Really?..." he says just loud enough, not in a mocking tone, but in an actual tone of awe, never realizing that he could have any other fate than a lackey of his uncles gang.

He holds his Falcata proudly and in anticipation, following the other peoples whom he was fighting along side him, keeping a keen eye for any other possible situations or ambushes.

Upon seeing the dog creature, the boy half-elf grins to himself as he always did when a plan has formulated.

"This will be interesting if it works..." He doesn't bother to hide his voice. He maneuvers close enough to cast his final complex spell his fathers spell book had taught him, raising his hand and aiming it at the rider of the Dog creature.

He barks his dweomer with his hand aimed at the rider and prays his plan works...


Casting spell - Hydraulic Push on just the rider (Bull Rush attempt to knock him back 5ft, forcing him from the dog)
CMB for Bull Rush - 1d20 + 0 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 0 + 3 = 8


Let us pray that he's considered Flat Footed so he can't use his Dex within his CMD, and let us pray he rolls a natural 1. -.-

Status:

Cast Spells: Grease, Hydraulic Push (Now out of 1st level spells)


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

@Thaddeus, Yes knowledge nature check to determine what the dog like creatures is.

Die Gog Die, Start of Round 1
Party has suprise.
Initiative:
Thaddeus1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Bel'Tanis1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Khrondak1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Notick1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Midori1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Scoria1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Goblins1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Goblin Commando1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Party Status:

Thaddeus:
Buff:+1 enhancement bonus on weapon (4 Rounds Remaining),
Arcane Pool: 3/4

Khrondak:
Channel Positive Energy: 5/6
Domain Power: Firebolt 4/5

Notick:
1st Level(DC: 14): Ray of Enfeeblement, Magic Missle, (*)Hydraulic Push, (*)Grease (used), Burning Hands, Enlarge Person

Midori
Bardic Performance: 4/7

Scoria

Bel'Tanis

Encounter Map
Die Dog Die!, Round 1
Start Round 1
Initiative Order:
Midori 18
Scoria 17
Bel'Tanis 13
Thaddeus 13
Notick 9
Goblin Commando 8 [Surprised]
Goblins 8 [Surprised]
Khrondak 5

Take different actions if you wish, now that the map is up.


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Is this round 1, or the surprise round? I don't want to state an action, if it replaces my surprise round action. As an aside, modifier trumps rolls on initiative, but since it resolves all together it doesn't much matter.


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Siiiiiiiiigh. Well then, yeah, partial charge or 20ft move, if that's all she can do.


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 38 | AC: 16 (11 T / 15 FF) -or- 18 w/shield (17 FF) | F/R/W +6/+2/+3 (+1 vs fear, +2 vs evil) | CMD 18 | Ini +1 | Prcptn +4

Surprise Round
Bel'Tanis hustles to L9.

Round 1
Bel'Tanis keeps on trucking and double moves to F15

Status:

HP: 13/13
AC w/ shield: 17 (11 T / 16 FF)
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +4/+1/+2 (+1 vs fear)
(+2 vs evil descriptor)
daylight uses left: 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
none


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Seeing as Khrondak is really far from the goblins, I'd like to substitute the casting of true strike for divine favor.


Surprise round: cast divine favor
1st Round: double move to J10


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

I'm going to redue the same action I did prior...

Upon seeing the dog creature, the boy half-elf grins to himself as he always did when a plan has formulated.

He maneuvers closer into position, speaking a thought aloud: "This will be interesting if it works..." He maneuvers even closer to cast his final complex spell his fathers spell book had taught him, raising his hand and aiming it at the rider of the Dog creature.

He barks his dweomer with his hand aimed at the rider and prays his plan works...

Surprise - Move to L8

Regular round:

Move to I11

Casting spell - Hydraulic Push on just the rider (Bull Rush attempt to knock him back 5ft, forcing him from the dog)

CMB for Spell's Bull Rush:
1d20 + 0 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 0 + 3 = 17


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Notick - you might want to move up one to h11 or h12, as hydropush has a range of close, which is 25ft at 1st level - I believe you're slightly out of range from i11.

Too much distance between her and the enemy once more. If only she could be as flight of foot as her master was in his life. It would come soon enough to her, with practice and patience. There was something she did have that her master didn't - the power and strength of the earth.

She moved as close as she can to the goblin riding the rather foul looking creature, before summoning up her inner reserves, and firing off a punch - a fist sized rock flying off from the knuckles, created from nowhere as it sailed towards one of it's supporting goblins.

Surprise round, Move to K7.

Round 1, Move to H10, then use Spell-Like Ability, Mighty Fist of the Earth, against the Goblin 2. The Commander's slightly out of the 25ft range, but I don't think Gob2 is from her new position.

Mighty Fist attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Fist Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Yes it is still the surprise round.

@Thaddeus, you are correct about the init, you should be before Bel. I forgot about Scion of War. I'll update the init list.


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Midori will double move to F6


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos
Midori Masaki wrote:
Midori will double move to F6

Did you want to take a standard or move action for the surprise round? Things got a bit jumbled this evening, but we should be on track soon.


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

I want to take a move action for the surprise round. I want to get close enough to start Bardic performance again.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos
Midori Masaki wrote:
I want to take a move action for the surprise round. I want to get close enough to start Bardic performance again.

As a suggestion you could go to J6 or so on a move action in the surprise round. Then on the next round take another move action, then Bardic Performance as a standard action to be close to combat. Or some combination like that.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Okay last round was the Surprise Round. This is now Round 1.
Going forward, if surprise is called for in an encounter, I will call it the surprise round, not round 1.

Surprise Round Summary
Midori, Move Action to J6.
Scoria, Move Action to K7.
Thaddeus, Standard Action, Casts Sheild.
Bel'Tanis, Move Action to L9.
Notick, Move Action to L8.
Khrondak, Standard Action, Casts Divine Favor.

Die Dog Die, Start of Round 1
Encounter Map
Die Dog Die, Round 1
Round 1
Midori 18
Scoria 17
Thaddeus 13
Bel'Tanis 13
Notick 9
Goblin Commando 8
Goblins 8
Khrondak 5

Status:

Thaddeus:
Buff:+1 enhancement bonus on weapon (3 Rounds Remaining)
Buff:Shield (9 Rounds Remaining)
Arcane Pool: 3/4

Khrondak:
Buff:Divine Favor(9 Round Remaining)
Channel Positive Energy: 5/6
Domain Power: Firebolt 4/5
1st— divine favor(used), shield of faith, true strikeD

Notick:
1st Level(DC: 14): Ray of Enfeeblement, Magic Missile, (*)Hydraulic Push, (*)Grease (used), Burning Hands, Enlarge Person

Midori
Bardic Performance: 4/7

Scoria

Bel'Tanis

Post in any order, I'll combine the round in a summary post.
For movement just call out on the grid where you are moving to and I'll update the map.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Round 1 Actions

This is what I have for Round 1 actions from the party:
Midori: Move Action to F6, Standard Action, Start Bardic Performance (please confirm).

Scoria:Move Action to H10(Mighty Fist of the Earth is just a bit out of range for goblin2), I assume you don't cast the spell.

Thaddeus: Still needs to take turn.

Bel'Tanis: Double move to F15.

Notick:Move Action to H12 (based on Scoria's suggestion that way you are in range of your spell), Standard Action, cast Hydraulic Push.

Khrondak, Double Move to J10.

Notick, you launch a jet of water at the Goblin Commando hitting him squarely in the chest causing him to fall of his mount.

Goblin Commando is now in B13.
The Goblins mount is still in C13
I still need to take the goblins actions for round 1.


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Thaddeus rushes toward the front of the fight.

Round 1:
Double Move to G12


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Midori moves to J6, then starts Bardic Performance.

Inspire Courage.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Since Scoria can't use MFotE, she'll move again to E13, and that's it for the round. Stupid 20ft speed, can't get fast movement fast enough... *grumbles*

101 to 150 of 2,458 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Valkur's Rise of the Runelords Campagin All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.