Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Valkur's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Valkur

Sandpoint
Current Day:
Day 40, 30th of Lamashan, Morning


51 to 100 of 2,458 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Khrondak's smile fades after Scoria's reply. He looks at Daviren and Bel'Tanis and then locks his eyes with the Oread. "Well. I admire your passion, despite the folly of your reasons. Those farmers don't give an orc's behind about how you eat their pear. It's a hunter's duty to provide without demanding praises. Anyway, we can certainly wait for you, then."

Khrondak keeps staring at Scoria until she finishes her meal, without moving a muscle and not averting his gaze even for a second.


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

The oread ate quietly, ignoring the Shoanti's still gaze as she finished her meal. Once the last crumb had passed her lips and been swallowed, she finally glanced up at him, replying again in that soft spoken voice.

"Anything worth effort is worth admiring. Take the Cathedral. It took dozens of people just to put all the pieces in place. More to cut and mine the stone used in its construction. Not to mention the architect who created the plans that made it possible. Creation of any sort must be appreciated. Who creates more than the farmer, who year after year makes enough not just to feed himself and his family but the community at large? His place in the world is to ensure that the rest of us can continue to live. He may not demand praise, but he certainly deserves it."


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

"If we are to pass our days taking notice of the things everyone around us does, then how are we to complete our own tasks? Fool be the one that, running late, walks at a quarter pace to contemplate each stone in the pavement, only because someone put it there; or the rider that pays no mind to his own sacred mount or the job of hunting for he is lost venerating the leatherwork in the saddle someone has necessarily cut and sewn; worse still is the man unable to think or move amazed by the wonders of nature, for what is the world if not the continuous effort of the gods? You speak of farmers, architects and masons and how they deserve homage, but your own choices of what is deserving of pause and compliments is unfair and cracked like bad stonework. If it is to be right, you have to go all the way and live doing nothing but thanking the work of men and gods; or, you can do the productive thing and take it all as it is. To each man his own."

Khrondak looks around, seemingly losing interest in the philosophical quarrel. "This festival grows dull. Where are the fighting games?"


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

As Notick maneuvers his way towards where he saw Vitoary, he makes sure to pass by the donation drop off, pulling the three silver he had 'won' and an extra silver in, smiling to himself as he does so.

His face takes on seriousness as he works his way to the building.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Khrondak,Scoria,Bel'Tanis

After the somewhat tense philosophical exchange between Scoria and Khrondak, Daviren looks into his empty cup and breaks the awkward silence,"Ahh well I see I have finished another round, my turn to buy Khrondak, let me go get us refills."

Thaddeus, Midori, Notick

Notick, after quietly giving Thaddeus the slip while he conversed with Midori, you make your way to where you last saw Vito. After looking around a few moments you are unable to locate him. He has apparently vanished into the alleys behind the church. You decide it may not be wise to chase a cold blooded killer down alleyways by yourself.

At this point I am going to advance the story.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Later that afternoon...

A sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun's setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn to the central podium, where a beaming Father Zantus has taken the stage. He clears is throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman's scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises--high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human. The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapse with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begin, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

In Goblin:
Гоблины жевать и гоблины укуса,
Гоблины вырезать и гоблины бой,
Вырезать собаки и сократить лошадь,
Гоблины поесть и взять силой!

Гоблины расы гоблинов и прыгать,
Гоблины слэш и гоблины удар,
Ожог кожи и пюре из головы,
Гоблины здесь, и вы быть мертвым!

Чейз ребенка, поймать щенка.
Бонк голову, чтобы закрыть его.
Кости быть взломаны, плоть тушеные,
Мы бы Гоблины! Вы бы еда!

Translation:

Goblins chew and goblins bite,
Goblins cut and Goblins fight,
Stab the dog and cut the horse,
Goblins eat and take by force!

Goblins race and Goblins jump,
Goblins slash and Goblins bump,
Burn the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!

Chase the baby, catch the pup.
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
We be Goblins! You be food!

Perception Checks:

Scoria:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Thaddeus:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Midori:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Bel'Tanis:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Notick:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Khrondak:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Notick,Scoria
As crowd in the Church square descends into chaos. Both of you notice the creature that ran by killing the dog, a Goblin with a nasty looking knife. The goblin has joined two of it companions near a wagon jumping up and down laughing manically.


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Just prior to the commotion, Notick had made his way back to Thaddeus, his hands nonchalantly behind his head as if he didn't do anything wrong, slowly approaching the man. "Ah, there you are. You lost me in the crowd!" He doesn't even both to hide his obvious lie.

As the commotion breaks out, Notick, immediately understanding the song of the Goblins, nudges Thaddeus with his elbow. "They're singing...! I think goblins are attacking... We need to get everyone to safety!" he stammers out as the horrific song rings out over the town. He points to the Goblins he had seen and nudges Thaddeus again, "THERE! Goblins near the wagon!"

Notick would immediately take a look around to see how many other goblins are within the Cathedral's immediate vicinity. His intellect working quickly as he formulates a plan to get everyone inside for safety.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
I'm terrified of combat right now... I've gotten two natural twenties in such a short timeframe... This means low rolling happens at points of need >_<

"We need to get everyone inside the Cathedral! We can setup a defensive perimeter from there!"


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Scoria looks at the Shoanti quietly as he continues the debate, thinking for a moment on his words. They rang partially of truth. There was certainly a part that was willing to concede that sometimes there was no time to appreciate the world, but the way he said it, like he couldn't open his mind up to new possibilities - along with concluding the debate without giving her a chance for rebuttal - simply grated on the monk's nerve.

She'd have a chance to work out her frustration however, as the screams started. Her keen eyes detected the culprit responsible for murdering a poor dog - not for food or survival, but for pleasure. She stood to her feet, pulling shuriken out of her belt pouch, ready to fight.

So, I'm hoping that there's a goblin close to Scoria here so she won't have too much of a range penalty. Rolling for Initiative:

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

On her turn, Scoria will Flurry with Shuriken at the closest goblin to her within 30ft.

Shuriken 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
S1 Damage: 1d2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Shuriken 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
S2 Damage: 1d2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

If instead there is a goblin in melee range, she will Flurry of Blows that one with unarmed strike.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
F1 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
F2 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Finally, if there is no goblin within 30ft or in melee range, Scoria will double move towards the nearest one (20ft Land Speed, 40ft double move action).

Geez, after seeing the results, I'm kind of hoping for the double move.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

I was just going to post that I was going to have an encounter map up tomorrow morning (around 11am US Central Time). I'll place you all on the map tomorrow.

Scoria if you want to edit your action after you see the map you may do so. I will roll and list the initiatives as well. Sorry about that!


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Sorry for the semi-silence, had wife aggro the last two days for being on the forums too much.

At Midori

A little surprised at the young lady's pleasant reply, he stammers out a reply "Um. oh. You said Ameiko was your cousin? I imagine I could find you staying at The Rusty Dragon? I can... will stop by in the near future." He nods and bows away to his duties.

At present
Thaddeus turns bright red with anger, before regaining his composure, "YOU.. are lucky we ran back into one another. I'll ask that you stay near, as I would hate to have to restrain you."

As soon as the commotion rises, Thaddeus looks all over to see what's going on, but doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary that would cause all the chaos. That is, until he recognizes the language of the song. "I hear goblin song, but I don't see them." He states frantically as Notick points over to the wagon. He calls out to those around him that are panicking, "Citizens! Head for shelter, do not try to face them! Get to the new cathedral!"

DM Valkur, Вы говорите по-русски, или вы с помощью переводчика?


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Initiative
Thaddeus1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Bel'Tanis1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Khrondak1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Notick1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Midori1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Scoria1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Goblins1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Encounter Map
Goblin Assault Encounter 1

Post in any order, I'll combine the round in a summary post.
For movement just call out on the grid where you are moving to and I'll update the map.

@Thaddeus, I used google translate for the goblins. I did take Russian for two years in high school, but that was over 20 years ago. I don't remember much other than a few words and phrases.


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Thaddeus, catches sight of a group of the little rats, and sees others spring into action. He levels a word of caution to Midori, "Take care, Milady. They are vile little creatures that take pleasure in harming others. I would rather you not suffer harm."

He moves forward, and taking cover behind a nearby table, says a prayer to Iomedae "Light of the Sword, by your will, dull the minds of these things that they may not cause undue harm."

He holds up a hand at the goblins and speaks with authority, "Оставь теперь, ваш род здесь не рады!"

Round 1:
Move action, to F12
Standard, Cast Daze on Gob2, Will save DC 13

Goblin:
Leave now, your kind are not welcome here!

GM, I learned Russian about 13 years ago. I was a little excited when I saw it, I was like "I can read that"


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Midori will pull out her longsword and move to D13.


hiatus

Round 1
Bel'Tanis springs to his feet, "Goblins! What happened to an easy day with no complications or violence?!" The young man then dashes forward in a sudden rush, his scimitar blade flashing in the fading sunlight. Charge to C8, attack Gob3

Scimitar (one-handed, charge): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14for: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Status:

HP: 13/13
AC: 15 (9 T / 14 FF) (includes shield and charge)
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +4/+1/+2 (+1 vs fear)
(+2 vs evil descriptor)
daylight uses left: 1/1

Ongoing Effects


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Notick grimaces as the fighting breaks out in the square, people still nearby and in harms way. He darts inbetween the goblins and the people, shouting "EVERYONE! Inside the church! More are likely to be outside the square!"

With that, he pulls his falcata from it's sheath and stands ready for any attacks, hoping the towns people will heed his warning, and cut off any Goblin attackers while they do so.

Round 1
------------------
Moved to E1
Unsheathed a Weapon (Falcata)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Goblin Actions, Round 1
The insane singing continues!
Гоблины ненавидят собак,
Гоблины, как мясо,
Гоблины ненавидят Длинноногий,
Гоблины хотели стащить!

Goblin 1
The goblin contnues hopping and laughing like a lunitic, seeming oblivous to the melee that has started. He then notices Midori closing and flings a rotten tomato at her.
Move Action, continues to jump up and down like a lunatic.
Attack Action, Throws a rotten tomato at Midori. Rotten Tomato(Ranged, Touch): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17
The tomato hits Midori square in the face as she reaches her new position.
No wounds taken, just pride:)

Goblin 2
Daze Save(Will): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
The goblin stops moving, and looks around wondering where he is.
Goblin is dazed (1 round), no actions.

Goblin 3
Bel'Tanis you slice a deep wound into the chest of the goblin. The goblin lets out a gutteral cry of pain, then sticks a finger in the wound and licks his blood off with a insane grin.
The goblin smiles back to you and shouts,"конфетка!" Then takes a wicked stab at you with his dogslicer shouting, "Мертвые Длинноногий!"
Move Action, licks his own blood.
Attack Action, Attacks Bel'Tanis Dogslicer(Melee): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 17
Dogslicer Hit: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3
The vicious little beast's wild swing catches you in the right upper thigh, leaving a deep gash.
Bel'Tanis:3 points of damage

Goblin:

Goblins hate dogs,
Goblins like meat,
Goblins hate longshanks,
Goblins like to sneak!
Goblin to Bel'Tanis:
Yum!
Die Longshanks!

@Notick, E1 is to far for your movement rate (each square = 5'), I will have you move toward E1, putting you at G8.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Khrondak takes a moment to find the cause of the mayhem, and then notices Bel'Tanis and Thaddeus acting against a small group of goblins. He springs from his seat pulling a javelin from his back and throwing it at one of the goblins almost in a single, continuous motion.

Round 1
Move action - draw javelin
Attack action - throw javelin at goblin 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 I believe there's a -2 penalty for one range increment
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


hiatus

Round 2
"Gah!" Bel'Tanis' eyes begin to shimmer - a faint radiance seeming to glow from within them. "You'll hurt no one else, goblin!" As if punctuating his statement, his scimitar arcs through the air once more.
Standard Action: attack Gob3. If Gob3 falls, 5-ft step up to B8

Scimitar (one-handed): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22for: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
critical confirmation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18for: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Status:

HP: 10/13
AC w/ shield: 17 (11 T / 16 FF)
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +4/+1/+2 (+1 vs fear)
(+2 vs evil descriptor)
daylight uses left: 1/1

Ongoing Effects


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Okay, redoing Scoria's action if there's still time.

With just enough room for it, the oread takes off at a sprint, before using her momentum to spin through the air, bringing the heel of her foot down against one of the nasty goblins.

Charging at Goblin 2, that's a 40ft move, exactly the limit she can do so. -2 AC next turn. Ending in C9.

Unarmed Charge: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10
UC Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Round 1 Recap

Midori draws a weapon and moves.
Bel'Tanis charges and hits Goblin 3 (4pts Damage.)
Thaddeus moves and casts Daze on Goblin 2.
Scorial charges and misses Goblin 2.
Goblin 1, throws a rotten tomato at Midori, hitting her in the face (no damage).
Goblin 2, fails save and is dazed, then killed by Krondak.
Goblin 3, attacks Bel'Tanis and hits (3 damage).
Krondak draws his weapon makes a ranged attack and Kills Goblin 2.
Notick draws a weapon and moves.

Start of Round 2
Encounter Map; Start of Round 2
Goblin Assault 1-Round 2

Round 2 Continues.
Goblin 2 is killed by Krondak.
Goblin 1 and 3 are still alive at the end of round one.
Map is wrong for what goblins are dead.


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Midori moves to flank the remaining goblin.

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Seeing that there are others working effectively against the goblins, he decides to move forward with the fight. He sees Lady Masaki rush toward them, and he follows suit, drawing his blade and moving to face the nearest goblin.

Round 2:
Move action, draw sword
Move action, move to beside Gob1 (B10 or B11, guessing Midori moves to A11)


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Scoria makes a quick step to get into melee range of the remaining goblin, before attacking twice in quick succession.

5 foot step to B8, then flurry of blows on Goblin 3.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
F1 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
F2 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Goblin Actions Round 2

Goblin 1
Attack Action, Attacks Midori
The goblin ducks under Midori's slashing sword. He looks back maliciously for the attempted attack and a split second later he attacks!

Attack Dogslicer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Dogslicer Hit: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
The vile little creature gets past your defenses and stabs you. The runt continues to sing and laugh manically.
Midori:4 points of damage.

Goblin 2
Goblin 2 lies dead with a javelin impaled deep in its chest.

Goblin 3
Goblin 3 crumples into a heap from the second hit of Bel'Tanis's scimitar.

@Bel'Tanis:Remove 1 point of damage, I added an extra 1 in somehow.
@Scoria, I have you taking a 5' step to B9 and making your attack on Goblin 1. Bel'Tanis had already killed Goblin 3 previously in round 2.

Locations:
Bel'Tanis:B8 (completed round 2)
Scoria:B9 (completed round 2)
Thaddeus:B10 (completed round 2)
Midori:B11 (completed round 2)
Notick:G8 (still needs round 2 action)
Khrondak:J11 (still needs round 2 action)


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Khrondak smiles with satisfaction for killing his target with one swift strike. He watches the group of fighting men and women surrounding the remaining goblin and walling him out. That's what, four against one? The little devil stands no chance. Unable to even see the creature behind its attackers, Khrondak perceives the battle as won and impassively walks towards his kill in order to retrieve the bloodied javelin.

Two move actions getting Khrondak from J11 to C10


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Noticing the fight's imminent end, Notick just sheaths his sword, sighing as if his actions were for not. Assuming most people just fled the scene all together, he keeps a lookout for any of the Fatman gang, suspecting them taking advantage of this scenario, or even having caused it.

Move action: Sheathing weapon


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Round 2 Recap
Midori moves attacks Goblin 1 (misses).
Bel'Tanis attacks Goblin 3(kill), then moves.
Thaddeus draws weapon, then moves.
Scorial moves, attacks Goblin 2 (misses).
Goblin 1, attacks Midori (hit).
Krondak double move.
Notick sheathes weapon.

Summary Status
Wounded:
Midori - 4/9 HP
Bel'Tanis - 11/13 HP

Start of Round 3
Encounter Map
Goblin Assault - Round 3


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Midori attacks goblin 1 again.

attack: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


hiatus

Round 3

A faint glow continues to slightly spill from Bel'Tanis' eyes as he steps in closer to the remaining goblin.
"Your kind will regret attacking Sandpoint, goblin!"
5ft step to A9, choppy chop chop!

Scimitar (one-handed): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19for: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Status:

HP: 11/13
AC w/ shield: 17 (11 T / 16 FF)
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +4/+1/+2 (+1 vs fear)
(+2 vs evil descriptor)
daylight uses left: 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
Two Weapon Fighting: -4 to mainhand, -8 to offhand


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Round 3:
In the off chance Bel's attack doesn't kill it before Thaddeus goes.

Thaddeus steps to the other side of Midori, taking up a defensive posture saying another prayer to Iomedae, "Dear goddess, allow mine enemies to falter that I may defend those in harm's way.". He tries one of the more difficult maneuvers he's been practicing, that of bringing his prayers to aid his attacks, but with all his focus, he ends up paying too much attention to the act itself, and not the target.

5' step to A11
Spell Combat
Casting Daze Defensively (taking full Int penalty on attack) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12, spell failed.
Attack to Aid Another to Midori's AC 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0 FAIL!

Seriously, a 1 and a 2? Which one of the dice gods did I piss off? Let's just hope that it's dead first and I didn't end up needing to act "It was a trick of the light, it looked like Thaddeus failed hard, but in fact didn't even move."


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Goblin 1 is wounded. Scoria still has a chance to kill the Goblin before its next action.


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Full Attack action for a flurry of blows on Goblin 1.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
F1 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
F2 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

The goblin after spinning away from Bel'Tanis's attack, catches Scoria's fist directly in the head. The Goblin lets out one more muffled laugh and collapses on the ground with a smile on its face.

The goblin threat appears to be over, however pandemonium still reigns. You barely have time to catch your breath when you hear a large explosion on the other side of the square. As you look toward the explosion you see three goblins brandishing torches around a flaming cart. A fourth goblin lashes out with a whip to strike a young girl running by, making her tumble into a pile of crates.

I'll be posting the next encounter soon.


hiatus

The glow in Bel'Tanis' eyes just begins to fade when the explosion draws his attention to the far side of the square. "I knew there had to be more of them! Blasted little devils!" As he watches the young girl get lashed by a whip, his brow furrows in anger and light begins spilling from his eyes in earnest.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Khrondak steps in the fallen goblin's head and pulls out his javelin, placing it behind his back. At the same time, he draws the massive hammer known among the Shoanti as earth breaker, and holding it firmly with both hands, immediately starts sprinting towards the explosion with a large smile on his face. He speaks to himself "...and so the Lord in Iron has chosen to attend to this consecration!"

Khrondak sees Bel'Tanis rushing to rescue the girl and, running to the goblins holding torches, he shouts to the aasimar "You take down that little rat! I'll deal with them."


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

"So this is a goblin raid..." Scoria murmurs to herself, flexing her fingers and glancing over at the flaming cart, narrowing her eyes. That they would choose a day of celebration was certainly troubling, but the Oread wasn't concerned too much about the whys of their assault, only how to stop it. She was also concerned by what just caused the explosion - and if there was more on the cart that was on fire.

"Beware of more explosives!" She barks out while heading into the fray as well, giving the others fair warning. Among them, the rude Shoanti and the Cathedral guardsman - The woman who'd played the dice game, the con man who'd rigged the dice game, and the guard who apparently was supposed to be watching him. An odd assembly, to say the least.


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Thaddeus, bright red in embarrassment at his ineffective flailing, barely has time to check on the safety of the others, "Is everyone alright? No one has suffered any greviou..What was that!" He blurts at the sound of the explosion.

Seeing a child being attacked, he acts immediately to follow Bel'Tanis and Khrondak. Hearing the large Shoanti's plan, he decides that he'll try to stay between the two depending on who may need more assistance. He asks the big man if he may join, so as not to offend him by implying him incapable, hoping to make an impression by using the man's native tongue Shoanti "Brave warrior, may I fight by your side?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Father Zantus who is nearby, looks around in horror. A half-dozen townspeople lay dead in the courtyard. He runs over to the group, "are you hurt Bel'Tains?" "Scoria?" "Any of you brave lads or lasses?"
He looks at Midori and notices a wicked looking cut.
"Ah my child that appears to be a serious injury,let the soothing words of Desna comfort you."
Zantus invokes a prayer,"Lady of dreams and travelers, grant this young lass your warm touch of comfort."
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Zantus inspects the now faded wound,"That certainly looks better lass."
"Desna be praised."

While Father Zantus attends to Midori, you notice the goblins have takin notice of the party and begin to move in your direction.
The goblin with the whip begins to sing:
Подпишитесь на палку,
Подпишитесь на поле,
Зажгите огонь,
Смотреть весело!

The others shout:"Мертвые Длинноногий!"

Goblin:

Get the stick,
Get the pitch,
Light the fire,
Watch the fun!

Die! Longshanks!


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Goblin Assault-Encounter 2
Initiative
Scoria1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Bel'Tanis1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Thaddeus1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Notick1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Khrondak1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Midori1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Goblin /w Whip1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Pyro Goblins1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Status Summary:

Bel'tanis: HP 11/13
Thaddeus:Spells Used (Daze)

Encounter Map
Goblin Assault Encounter 2
Start Round 1
Imitative:
Goblin Pyros 24
Midori 20
Bel'Tanis 20
Scoria 19
Goblin With Whip 17
Notick 11
Thaddeus 8
Khrondak 5

Post in any order, I'll combine the round in a summary post.
For movement just call out on the grid where you are moving to and I'll update the map.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric of Gorum (Separatist) 4 / HP 38 of 38 / F+6 R+3 W+7 / AC 19.12.17 / Init. +2 / Perc +4

Khrondak hears the familiar sound of his native tongue coming from behind. Following him and Bel'Tanis, there comes the sheriff's man, the servant of Iomedae.

Shoanti:
"Come, and by our warrior gods, we shall slain these devilish pests!"

Khrondak makes a double move action to H15


Female Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain 4 (AC: 16 (20) [T: 15 F: 14] HP: 38/38 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will +8 Perc: +10 Init: +2)

Sometimes, Scoria wished that she could move a little faster. This was one of those times, as she padded forward towards the goblins, trying to get within range - her shuriken were deadly, but only when she was close enough to throw them.

Double move to H13.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

Waving their torches around wildly, the goblins advance. You are surprised they don't hit one another.

The first goblin pyro runs behind the stage and tries to light it on fire.
The second goblin pyro runs to a nearby table. Then suddenly stops to shove an apple pie in its mouth.
The third goblin pyro sprints out into the open, running in a zig zag pattern as if trying to dodge invisible arrows.

Goblin Pyro 1, moves to h19, then tries to light the stage on fire.
Goblin Pyro 2, moves to l12, then eats an apple pie that was left on the table.
Goblin Pyro 3, double moves to n8.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

Notick grumbles at the sight of the other goblins whipping at the townswoman, grumbling angrily at himself for not having seen the other goblins sooner. He points to one of the goblins and begins chanting a spell, grinning to himself at his own trickery to put a stop to the goblins use of explosives or fire... Hopefully.

"Вы пришли к неправильному города вы любители собак!"

Goblin Slight:
"You came to the wrong town you dog lovers!"

He darts towards the goblin attempting to light the stage on fire, snapping his fingers as he casts a spell upon his target.

Move- to G14
Standard- Casting Grease on Goblin Pyro 1
Concentration: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Success!


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

"I need to invest in a ranged weapon." Midori mutters.

"Maybe there's something else I can do...

She moves to F15 and begins a story about a goblin tribe that fought itself to the death in an attempt to rally and support the defenders.

[dice=Perform_oratory]1d20+7[/dice

Inspire courage +1: An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

The goblin with the whip snaps it in the air as he moves closer the fallen girl.
He laughs with an insane glee then continues singing with a shrieking voice;
Умереть, как лошадь,
Умереть, как собака,
Умереть, как Длинноногий,
Умереть, Умереть, Умереть!

As the vile runt reaches the girl he whips her across the back without remorse.

Goblin:

Die like a horse,
Die like a dog,
Die like a longshanks,
Die, Die, Die!

Goblin Pyro 1 (h19), save vs. grease
Grease Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Saved
The nimble little creature manages to grab the stage for support.

Still need Round 1 actions from:Bel'Tanis,Thaddeus.
Notick, what area ('10) do you want greased? The Goblin is in H19.


Male Half Elf Magus / level 3 (AC: 15 [T:12 F: 13] [HP: 18/18] Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will +2 Perc: +4 Init: +2)

H19 and H20 (assumed splatter).


hiatus

Round 1

Seeing the goblins laying into the little girl sends Bel'Tanis over the edge. Light begins to pour from his eyes as he sprints to the south, positioning himself for a rushing assault. "NOO! Leave her ALONE!"

double move to M9

Status:

HP: 11/13
AC w/ shield: 17 (11 T / 16 FF)
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +4/+1/+2 (+1 vs fear)
(+2 vs evil descriptor)
daylight uses left: 1/1

-Ongoing Effects-
inspired with courage


Male Human Whiteblade Magus of Iomedae 4 (AC: 14 (18 w/shield) [T: 10 FF: 14 (18)] | HP: 34/34 | F+5, R+0, W+4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +0/+2 with blade drawn)

Thaddeus watches all the excitement as each one of the group rush off to affect the goblins assault on the cozy town. Following Khrondak toward the obvious ringleader of this vile little band, he soon outpaces the man due to the limited mobility offered by the Shoanti's armor. He growls at the goblin with the whip, "Оставь ребенка в покое, что вы трус!"

Goblin:
Leave that child alone you coward!

Double move to K15,
Just in case, I wanted to point out that daze is a cantrip, so it didn't get used up when I cast it.


Female Human [Tian-Min] Bard-4: HP 26; AC15/T11/F+2/R+5/W+5/Init+1/Per+7

Since I messed up the formating, I'll repost my Perform roll. Though if it happens again, DM_Valkur, go ahead and make it for me.

Perform_oratory: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Dead Goblins, Dead Geckos

@Thaddeus, you are correct about cantrips. Its been a while since I've run low level. Can't wait to wrap up my ftf Kingmaker campaign and start something new.

@Midori,sounds like a plan.

51 to 100 of 2,458 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Valkur's Rise of the Runelords Campagin All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.