Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Valgrymr's Homebrew Two

Game Master Valegrim

Goblins infest a fallen Dwarven underground fortress and mine; somewhere inside PCs must find and recover a critical treasure hidden by the Dwarven Clerics of Dumathion.


2,501 to 2,550 of 2,640 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

Male Red headed something or other. Electronics Technician 7/Computer Programmer 8/Database Admin 5
Sunset wrote:
Also, 'dots' aren't appearing when people post. Somat t'watch out fer there!

Yes, I have pretty much started checking daily whether it says there is a new post or not. I've also seen other posts about the issue as well.

Gloisil thankful for the aid from his uncle, and the other gnomes back home, opens his eyes after a moment to see if there are any foes left to deal with.

"Everyone okay?" He manages to says after the shouts die down and he gets his wits back about himself.

"Uncle, that was some powerful blast!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Sorry, forgot to post under my alias.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset moves forwards to take full advantage of their foes distraction.

Move into attack, saving Bard performance till round 2


F Half Elf Monk

Desidera followed Sunset, doing what she could to aid her friend in her attacks, trying to keep everyone's positions in mind. Though she was glad that she did not see (or hear) whatever it was that Gloisil's family did, the results were telling enough on their own. She thought about asking, but that was a fleeting thought as she focused on keeping her friends as well as herself alive.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

From this I will presume you are also attacking Sunset's target; will give you a bit to correct me before I do the mobs actions for this round; the occurance from Gloisils Uncle will occur on Gloisils init.

Lantern Lodge

Half-Elf Inquisitive 2/ Seeker 3

correct


Fem Elf Bard 3

Hoping to know the outcome of the battle soon enough. (^_^)


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

The clash of weapons, and screams of battle ensue as the Black Ork and Celtic warrior engage the enemy Boss. The dark elf attempts a spell at the Norker Sub Bosses. Mox and crew begin persuading the Forest Goblins to join up.

The blast leaves all the enemy dis oriented. Next round attack will be against flat footed opponents and your opponets will be affectively blinded for a round or two halting their advance.

In the distance faint noises can be heard; an eeerie howl of some otherworldly and very inhuman beast howls in pain and defiance. To counter it; some etheral sounding dwarven voices sing a war marching song.
-----------------
Next round.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset works her x-bow and fires again at whatever enemy is available.

Sunset raises her voice to chant along side those of the Dwarves she can hear. (^_^)

Att Roll:1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 20

Dam Roll:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Pegged one o' th' lil' suckers! (^_^)


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil once again aims his wand at the bugbear and utters the words, "Tempter Fieray!"

Gloisil casts another Scorching Ray from his wand and directs both rays at the bugbear. Attack (Ray 1): 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 19, Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 3) = 14. Attack (Ray 2): 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 21, Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 1, 2) = 10.


F Half Elf Monk

Desidera was not doing much, but then again, Sunset was not under direct attack just yet. So as long as her friend was out of harm's way, she would guard, though she was not above using her sling to aid where she could.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Fem Elf Bard 3

Dang boards not showing up people posting again. Is a bit of a worry.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

are you firing at the boss bugbear; ie a hit; or at a sub boss norker; ie a miss, or any of the forest goblins, which would hit?

big hint here hehe

Sunset wrote:

Sunset works her x-bow and fires again at whatever enemy is available.

Sunset raises her voice to chant along side those of the Dwarves she can hear. (^_^)

Att Roll:1d20+6+1

Dam Roll:1d8+1

Pegged one o' th' lil' suckers! (^_^)


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

yes; paizo was down a bit too; and always that lurking post monster.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Gyldyr's online profile changes to a ranger from a necromancer; so hmm; am gonna have to either drop him or make him anew; what do you guys think?

Gyldry casts chill touch on a subchief norker for 5 points of damage.

The Black Orc hits a norker and his weapon leaves a trail of sparks these guys are hard as stone!

The celtic warrior hits the bugbear for 12 points of damage.

The bugbear hits and bites the celtic warrior for 9 and 4

The two norkers hit the black ork for 2,1, with two claws missing with the bite; and 1,5, with a claw and a bite missing with one claw.

Mox and his crew are dancing, ie tumping toes and fighting in a clash for supremacy and otherwise negotiating religion with blood; curses and whatnot flowing freely.

anyone want to make a combat perception roll; you can; in combat I give a negative modifier to notice details unless your a warrior type class

Desidera; your stone goes skittering down the hall....you may be able to recover it later as you move farther in the dungeon if you keep an eye out for it.

Gloisil's attacks smite the bugbear....he is a tuff one, but looks pretty bad....moral roll.......passes; guess he doesnt care for his chances out of combat.

He roars an inspiring bellow to motivate his troops.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

New round, is it 4?


Fem Elf Bard 3

Here? Are ye sayin' we've maybe had another fall behind? If so...might I suggest we dispense with this combat and move things along to a place of the DM's choosing and see if we can't get some more bod's to join? I, for one, do not want to see this game fall by the way side. We've come a long way and there's still more to go. *Bows*


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Sunset; this is what I am refering to; this is not a new drop out; i have been npc'ing this character but now the online profile has changed from mage to ranger.

Gyldyr wrote:
I'm going to have to bow out of the campaign, I've become busy with DMing too many in RL and some other school-related stuff. Feel free to resolve this in-game however you wish, and happy gaming.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

additionally, i have posted in the past a few times on the open game looking for players board; feel free to do so as well, but no worries; game wont stop until I have no posters.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

meaning I have lots and lots of ideas for a campaigns after this one for your characters to continually grow and impact the world.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

by my count we have three active players; correct me if I am wrong; Gloisil, Desidera and Sunset.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

The ogrekin flail away and miss and miss and miss and miss due to the optical damage.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD
Valegrim wrote:

Ok; lets make a quick list of who is here:

Sunset - Sea elf pc
Mox - Goblin npc with his new followers (maybe)
Kurg - Black Orc npc
Elysdyne - Human Celtic Knight; currently npc'd
Koridur - Dwarf warrior; currently npc'd
Gloisil - gnome pc
Desidera - human Greek/Roman healer pc
Gyldyr- Drow necromancer; currently npc'd

did I miss anyone; thing is I would like pc's to take over some players as having me npc three critical parts of the group tend to wreck scenarios as a pc should really lead and warrior tyeps generally do that. School should be over for Elysdyne so maybe he will be back and maybe not. but I am hoping someone wil take over Koridur and Gyldyr for the time being.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Spot check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Well, an okay roll, but not great for during combat.

Seeing that the huge goblinoid creature is looking like it is close to going down in battle, Gloisil once again points his wand at it and tries to blast it with the two fiery rays that emerge from the wand.

Attack (Ray 1): 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 6, Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 5, 2) = 16. Attack (Ray 2): 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 11, Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5, 3) = 19.

Unfortunately, Gloisil is jostled just as he takes aim and the rays of energy shoot past the bugbear.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Jeez; what rare luck


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Gloisil; by your observation; you can see that the moral of the forces against you is beginning to crumble; you may wish to consider what might happen is these guys flee....

Desidera and Sunset; still waiting for you actions; both warriors are very bloody....


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset will offer some soothing to any who might need it.

Are we done then, with the fighting?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

no; none of the enemy has yet fallen; some goblins are hoping around and the norkers are not even scratched; the ogrillions are lightly wounded, but the Bugbear leader looks about dead.

Sunset wrote:

Sunset will offer some soothing to any who might need it.

Are we done then, with the fighting?


Fem Elf Bard 3

Ah! *Nods* Okay...changing targets.

Sunset changes her aim and begins to target one of the Norkers.

Att Roll:1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

Dam Roll:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

with a spark; your arrow skittlers off its shoulder doing no harm.


F Half Elf Monk

With dwindling sling stones, and no other ranged weapons that she knew how to use, Desidera seemed like she was rather helpless for now, but did what she could. Loading another sling stone, she let fly at the sparks.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22, Confirm:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15, Damage:2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Desidera; this is not enough to crit a norker (Flatfoot ac 19); but the ydont have many hps; so kill one anyway.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Val, I've got a new Gyldyr built if you would like me to start posting for Gyldyr. Basically, went by what little information I could glean from past posts. He's still a Drow Necromancer, and the only things that I'm not sure about is how many class levels he had, and what equipment he had. Right now he's only got one class level, which gives him an effective level of three. I've kind of envisioned him as resorting to archery if not using magic, and hand to hand combat as a last resort.

I can just post his actions with Gloisil's, or I can create a new alias with a slightly different name if you'd prefer. If you need an action for him for this round, he will cast magic missle at one of the norkers. Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Sounds good gloisil, new alias would be fine.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

ok; a norker screams from an M&M hit. New round.

Mox and boys manage to get controll over the forest goblins, now hoping around with bloody toes; and he leads them to gang overbear the norkers.

The Ogrillions; seeing things turn sour; turn to flee and make a full move action. The black ork, Kurg, who is very wounded, takes his attack of oppurtunity and misses. The celtic knight and the Bugbear trade blows; both go down, 5 foot step, Kurg coup de gras on the bugbear leader.

Sunset, Desidera, Glydyr and Gloisil still to act; situation; Three fleeing Ogrillions who are clearly cant see very well yet, Goblins fighting Norkers in a mass pile of tooth and claw savagery. Harolde off to the side a bit talking to a faintly glowing shape; your not sure what but it is short; perhaps 3 ft tall very faintly glowing cylindar.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Desidera

Spoiler:

Upon seeing the glowing apparition that of which Harolde is conversing; your deeper understanding of such things of clerical nature informs you that this apparition is the spirit of what was once a Dwarven Cleric of Dumathion , the Dwarven deity of oaths, secrets and hidden things. This apparition is positive plane energy; opposite of the undead of the negative plane such as Liches, Vampires, wraiths and such. With this burst of insight; you are given a vision from Lord Hades of your Greek Pantheon, which is very appropriate to you as you are under ground and dealing with the dead and should confirm your quest to recover the hidden artifact as an important goal to the Big Three (Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades). You begin to understand that the war here is between positive plane energy versus negative plane energy. You get a glimpse of the battlefield far below with a view over months played out in seconds of how the battle has progressed. The Goblins led by a demon (native outsider and negative plane energy being) attacked the Dwarves and are attempting to obtain the artifact. The warriors and clerics of Dumathion repel them; as they were killed; Dumathion binded their positive spirits here, by their Oath, to protect the artifact. The goblins and their demon leader; loose many goblins; these Goblins are raised through necromancy to undead (negative energy) and these are sent with the Goblins against the Dwarven Defenders. In the end, it will be about math, when the number on the Goblin side of negative plane energy outweighs the Dwarven side of positive plane energy, the Dwarves will be extinguished and the demon will win the artifact, which you realize from this vision is a Greater Seal that binds a vast evil from entering this prime material plane. The Dwarves will loose very soon unless the heroes can kill the demon and the goblin shamans making the undead and the undead themselves. This vision was much like the Sanctuary spell; it took in total one tick on an initiative count; so basically, no time.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset will take a 'Five Foot Step' closer to Harolde, to get a better sticky-beak at said funny glowing thing. Though covering the fight with her x-bow...But I don't think I have any clear targets...?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

you have a clear target at the retreating Ogrillion; large target and range mod cancel each other out at this point.

the slightly glowy thing near Harolde is on its opposite side; make a perception roll for further info.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Att Roll:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Dam Roll:1d6 ⇒ 2

Nah...shoot bad guys first.


F Half Elf Monk

With the front line being scattered, Desidera stepped up to do what she knew how to do, which was make sure that none under her watch died, though she took care to avoid placing herself where a chance attack could do her harm. The first that she healed were those on the front line.
CLW on the closest fighter: 1d8 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 3 = 7


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil takes aim at one of the Ogrillion's with his wand and once again utters the command word to cause it to shoot two fiery rays at the foe he is aiming at.

Attack (Ray 1): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14, Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 6, 1) = 9. Attack (Ray 2): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23, Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 6, 5) = 21. Hopefully that will hit an Ogrillion with a ranged touch attack.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Sure does; with the shot from Sunset and the ray from Gloisil; the Ogrillion goes down smoking. With the heal from Desidera, the knight uses his action to get back up, he still bleeds from several deep wounds.

------
Unless the party elects to pursue; the surviving ogrillions flee leaving their dead comarade. The norker/goblin battle is pretty much over as the goblins eat the goblins nad norkers in a canabalistic frenzy.

Kurg slinks into the shadow of a wall and rests, waving off anyone who seeks to assist.

the Celtic knight "thank you priestess, for the blessing of your goddess"

Harolde motions to Gloisil, "sir, if I could trouble you for a few minutes, he hisses, you may wish to speak to this individual"

-------

exps for all; 3967 each


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"Yes Harold, just a moment." Gloisil says as quickly checks to see who is injured, hoping that none of his comrades have fallen.

As he turns he then notices the glowing figure next to Harold. As he approaches he bows and says, "My name is Gloisil, you with to speak with me?"


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Gloisil, with a start you realize you can see right through this spectal figure of a dwarf.

Harolde:
I present to you, Priest Kofor and to you I present my Master, Magus Murigel."

It turns it gaze you you, radiating both Law and Good.
"Are you the ones sent in Holy Kirin's quest to aid we who have fallen and preserve the world by protecting what is hidden?"

The speach is in dwarven in the manner of their clergy, his garb is that of a cleric of Dumathion


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Not understanding the language of the spectral figure, Gloisil says, "Harold do you understand this dwarven speech, and can you act as a translator for me, so that I might speak with him?"

Assuming Harold says yes, and tells Gloisil what the dwarf said, Gloisil responds with the following:

Gloisil bows in respect to the spectral figure and then says, "Yes, we are those that were sent by the mighty Kirin to retrieve the artifact before it falls into the hands of those that would destroy the world."

"Our journey has been difficult and a few of those that have traveled with us have been lost. Although we have also found unexpected help from time to time, such as Harold who has guided us on this last part of our task."


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Gloisil; it actually communicates telepathically.
------

The figure motions for you to follow and moves to the wall and through it.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset moves about the wreckage of battle quickly salvaging what she can. Padding up on bear feet she is just in time to see the glowing thing disappear through a wall.

"Well....there either be a sekrit in there some how. Or Mr Glowy is bein' rude." She comments.

Perception:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil is slightly surprised at the figures form of communication, but instantly recognizes that it has it's benefits.

At seeing that the figure is motioning for them to follow it through the wall, Gloisil nervously follows, hands extended a bit in front of himself in case the wall turns out to be solid. Gloisil would rather scrap his hand than his nose on the rock wall.


Male Drow Wizard (Necromancer) 2

Gyldyr relieved to see the enemy forces breaking up and leaving, checks the wounds he received from the Norkers. He sits heavily against a wall, badly injured, but not on the verge of death quite yet.

He watches Gloisil follow a glowing figure that is disappearing into the opposite wall, and mutters to himself, "Here he goes again, wonder how long he'll be gone this time."

He then stands and tries to follow the gnome sorcerer looking for a secret or concealed passage as he moves forward.

Spot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Unfortunately, the pain from his wounds has caused him not to be able to detect much of anything.


F Half Elf Monk

Briefly distracted by the glowing form and thinking about what was going on under this mountain, Desidera looked around at the others that had sustained injuries and went around to see what she could do. Despite still being suspicious of Gyldyr, she approached and laid a hand on him with a positive smile, channeling some of the magic that she had stored earlier this morning. Cure Minor Wounds: 4hp healed

When she had the opportunity, she would let the others know what she had come to understand about this place, and see if anything else could be done. Until then, she intended to do everything she could to keep everyone alive and well.

2,501 to 2,550 of 2,640 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valgrymr's Homebrew Two All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.