Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Valgrymr's Homebrew Two

Game Master Valegrim

Goblins infest a fallen Dwarven underground fortress and mine; somewhere inside PCs must find and recover a critical treasure hidden by the Dwarven Clerics of Dumathion.


2,451 to 2,500 of 2,640 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"Mox, if we help these goblins that are being tormented, will they join us?"

How far down the tunnel are they? And have we attracted their attention?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Mox replies,
No telling; dey is Forest Gobs; dey brains is mush mush from much mush mushrooms mush. Dey smoke it; dey PAINLESS, dey probs dont know dey is being tortured nor bullied; doh; whichs makin like de Big Fatty all mad mad harharhaaa. Best talk to the spiders, dey not beffudled

the Dark Elf chimes in:
there does seem to be a symbiotic relationship between the spiders nad these goblins from what I have seen, most surface spiders dont think per sae, more instinct. Without a druid or ranger, I doubt we will make much progress with them; they appear loyal to the goblins.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"Harold is there another way, or do we need to go down this passage?"


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Harold
"there are four other ways; all of them much riskier in my opinion, unless you can both fly and turn invisible or gate from one location to another, then there are more options, but beware of demons lurking in the nearby adjacent spheres"


F Half Elf Monk

The look of slight confusion at the dialogue being exchanged only remained as Desidera heard what was going on in the passageway before them. More spiders, more goblins, and all in all, it was not so bad a thing, she was realizing. There were worse things down here than goblins, and thankfully, they had only run into one of them. Looking over at Sunset (partially to make sure the curious elf was still nearby), Desidera wondered what she made of the situation.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"So, should we just wait to see who's left and then attack the remainder, or do we jump in now and fight them all. We are in a bit of a hurry after all."


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Mox: "fight now"

Durg: "make no difference to me, kill em not or later; their all bad"

Dark Elf: "I would think wait; unless you think either side would gain reinforcents."

Celtic warrior: " T'would appear an oppurtunity ta gain some insight; canna ya tell what dae be sqawking about? We might find something useful in it if that be a boss type. "


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"I don't believe that I can understand them, can anyone else understand them or know what is going on their. It would be nice if we could question on of them as to what is happening."


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

the black orc I dont speak Gob; but I know someone who does, I kin try ta summon some hep; might work; might not

Mox rolls his eyes

the celtic warrior shakes his head

Harold: I do, actually, I speak any language of any creature I am near; so far at least.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"Harold can you hear anything from here, or are we too far away? I'm afraid that if we get much closer that we might well then be in the fight."


? Presumed Mongrelman Herald

no, my hearing is poor; say 25 paces


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"Well we can try to get closer if you'd like. I'm willing to give it a try at this point, what do ya say?


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset stands near her friends and tries to peer off into the darkness.

Wishing every one al the very best. (^_^)


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

ok; so if the whole party is sneaking forward; I will need some rolls for appropriat stuff like stealth and listen.

Kurg and Elysdyne attest they dont really have any skill at sneaking; but will move close to charge in if their is trouble.

Four of the goblins and mox go sneaking with you; the others stay with the apparent dead.

base roll for our dark elf 1d20 ⇒ 20

some base rolls for targets listen

1d20 ⇒ 19
1d20 ⇒ 14
1d20 ⇒ 18
1d20 ⇒ 8


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

ok; hardest listen DC skill vs skill is gonna be 25.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil tries his best to move forward as quietly as he can, while trying to listen to the group up ahead.

Move Silently: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2, Listen: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Well looks as if I gave us all away, good news is I may have heard something.

If we have drawn attention to ourselves, Gloisil will get out his wand and prepare for a fight.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

lol; remember that scene in the two towers when that hobbit knocks the armor down the well hehe; gotta come up with something.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

everyone elses rolls please


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sneak:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Listen:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


F Half Elf Monk

Move Silently: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3;Listen:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset frowns at her companions,

"I swear t'is all-a them bits o' cloth gettin' in yer way." She whispers, slightly vexed at the loud rustlings and such emanating from her companions.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil whispers back at Sunset, "Sorry, I didn't have to sneak around back home, I've not had much practice at it."


Fem Elf Bard 3

"Meh, t'is not th' sneakin'. T'is seemin' eveery one be trippin' all over all th' cloth they's wearin'. People's should dress with less!" (^_~)


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"Well Sunset, perhaps if we were out on one of your sailing ships in the middle of the ocean, I might see the need to wear less. Though I'd hate to give up this handy robe that my uncle gave to me."


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset does hang her head,

"Ah...sorry 'bout that. It weren't whut I were meanin'...Well, it kind'a were, but it weren't..." She stumbles over her words, herself not sure how to express what ideas she's thinking.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

As the party sets out to sneak closer for listen to the other goblins and company....

a startleing loud noise and glowing lights comes from Gloisil.
(really fast gnomespeach)
Yagotstatunethewhirlywheelatthesametimeasliftinthepoweractuator!ARGH,thehel ptheysendmethesedays! Is this thing on, Nephew, can ya hear me (Tap Tap Tap) No, the other actuator, the blue one; Ja, Gloisil, Gloisil you there boy? I got news!

A whole lightshow of whirly lights of all colors is blinding in the area then coaleses into an overlay of the gnomes transmitting/conjuring room whereas the Mage Hava is directing some apprentices.

Gloisil, I imagine he is gritting his teeth with the timing of this event; ahem; the 1 roll hehe.

Desidera lets out an EEEK! then Oh My as this caught her off gaurd and startled her.

from the goblins your approaching; some of the goblins speak in goblin
ooh; pretty wowzie lights ooh fireworkies
The goblins and bosses not on mushroom; look up;
Intruders, let get em boys

Ok; lets roll initiative; any ready range attacks will go first; this hallways is wide enough for 4 people wide if you want to try to move and make a choke point; just tell the who is in the first rank and who is behind whom.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Initiative:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Att Roll:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Dam Roll:1d8 ⇒ 1

Meh...don't mind me. I'll be over here tunin' me shooter. (-_-)


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Gloisil will use his wand to cast Scorching Ray. One ray at each of the big bosses. I just realized or remembered, not sure which, that I get two rays per casting on that since it's 5th level.

"Just a moment uncle, we've got a problem we've got to deal with at the moment. Gloisil then shouts, "Tempter Fieray!"

Attack (Ray 1): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16, Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 1) = 8
Attack (Ray 2): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19, Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 1) = 8

Well that should get both of them if we caught them by suprise and they were flatfooted. I hope, I hope, Ihope!

[Edit:] Just went back and reread the post as to who and what was up ahead. I thought there were two bugbear's, but there is only one. So apply the second ray to one of the Norker's.[/Edit]


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Roll a d6 gloisil hehe no mods
1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

1d6 ⇒ 2


F Half Elf Monk

Intiative:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Desidera's options were quickly becoming limited in this space.. She was almost out of sling bullets, and the only other thing that she had on her person was the staff that was slung across her back and served more as a brace to carry her things on. Not that she was inept with it, just that she was not.. that.. practiced. Self-defense, she could understand. Actively seeking to harm another individual would be difficult for her.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Desidera, consider that if you loose; these guys will probably molest , enslave and/or eat you; so that might affect your decisions bout non violence.

----

The bad guys are up; moving into combat and fully aware with full defense having a bit of jump on the party due to their ferocity and the party changing from sneak to combat; need your formation or places in the hall.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset is sulking off to one side after her terrible dice rolling.:P


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil will be standing behind the fighters looking for hole in our front line to shoot through.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Gloisil; you seem to be the most like the leader; will you arrange the party including the npc's; thanks


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Sure, I can do that if you'd like. I'd have the goblins that Mox recruited form a 'V' shape in the hallway to create a choke point as you suggested. Have them backed up by Mox, Kurg, the dark elf, and the Celtic warrior. Then Sunset, Desidera and myself providing fire cover from the rear. Hope that's okay for everyone. I think that suits everyone's combat abilities as far as I can remember.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sounds good. Sunset should be in range to 'inspire' every one as well. I just hope the dice roller is kind and Sunset rolls some descent numbers. :P


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Ok; attack,
The party uses its move actions to get in place.

The Bugbear with amazing swiftness and ferocity is suddenly in your midst attacking with his massive battleaxe. The bugbear has dark brown fur with black stripes; wears chain mail and stands eight foot tall and is a thick 600 pounds of muscle, thus his speed and soft step amazes you. Unlike a bear; bugbears have a shorter snout with two four inch fangs amonst other shart pointed teeth. The bugbear is a large target

The bugbear hits Kurg for 16 points of damage; Kurg staggers as his dark green blood splatters over those behind him. With glee the Bugbear lets out a quick action roar

Intimidation DC 24; party in combat so +4 bonus to your roll plus your bards bonus.

The two Ogrekin flank the bugbear, they attack with their fists and feet in very monklike movements; they are medium targets, but are seven foot tall and probably 400 pounds of thick hide over a powerbuilder on supersteroids physique.
One of the Ogrekin punch the Celt, for 7 and 9 damage
The other Ogrekin flattens one goblin with a punch and the other with a kick; they are either outcold or dead.

Two of the five Norkers, wierd looking goblinoids with larger heads and fangs and well developed claws and thick scaley hide on a short three foot frame, attack Kurg and the goblins; Kurg takes 5 damage; a goblin takes 2 and 3 points as well.

The three standout Norkers are flailing on the forest goblins; who seem reluctant to get involved until there perhaps is a more clear winner.

Party attacks


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Val, do I get to keep the rolls for my initial attack (posted three posts back), or have those already been applied and I need to post a new attack? Let me know, thanks.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset raises her voice to bolster her friends, even as she draws a bead and tries her best to shoot something.

Att Roll:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Dam Roll:1d8 ⇒ 8

With a dejected sigh, she lowers her x-bow and draws the weapon that her Uncle gave to her as a gift,

"Okay, lets see what you've got..." She mutters as much to the weapon as to herself.

Yah, pullin' out th' magic time...(-_-)


Fem Elf Bard 3

Edit

bugger an' I fergot t' add me own inspiration. not that it'd help those rolls. :P


F Half Elf Monk

Uncertain about just where exactly to be, Desidera took up a defensive position next to Sunset and aimed with her. She only had about four bullets left, and then she was going to have to scrounge for rocks the next time this happened.
Attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

your choice.

Gloisil Murigel wrote:
Val, do I get to keep the rolls for my initial attack (posted three posts back), or have those already been applied and I need to post a new attack? Let me know, thanks.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

what target is this attack directed against?

Desidera Tahn wrote:

Uncertain about just where exactly to be, Desidera took up a defensive position next to Sunset and aimed with her. She only had about four bullets left, and then she was going to have to scrounge for rocks the next time this happened.

Attack:1d20+2


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

please post your initiative with any combat actions; thanks


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

I'll keep the above rolls as those were suppose to be for my first attack. One ray targeting the bugbear and the other targeting the Norker that hit Kurg. Init: 16. Repost of the above attack and damage rolls: Attack 1 (Ranged touch): 16 to hit, damage 8 hp; Attack 2 (Ranged touch): 19 to hit, damage 8 hp. This is Scorching Ray, cast from Gloisil's wand.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Static burst....Nephew, someone there is interfering with our transmittion; hold this thing up and tell your buds ta cover their eyes, ears to if you can for a few seconds, I got something for em[b]

This is in gnome and loud enough for anyone to hear; then in commmon speach

[b] 3....2....1

A burst of static, color, and wave of magic blows out of Gloisil's Squak Box.

Gloisil, talk is cheap so you can warn the party, and holding up the squak box is a quick action.

everyone made a dc 25 will save, add +4 as its friendly fire, then another +4 if you cover your eyes and another +4 if you cover your ears.

-----
Desidera, I still need to know who your intended target was; thanks.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil shouts out to his companions, "Close your eyes and cover your ears if you can!"

Gloisil then does his best to hold up the squak box while covering his ears with his hands, he then closes his eyes and waits.

[ooc]Will save: 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 35[/occ]


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset does as she's told by Gloisil,

Will Save:1d20 + 2 + 4 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 26

Made it by th' skin o' me what's it's! (^_^)

Also, 'dots' aren't appearing when people post. Somat t'watch out fer there!


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Shouts and screams of pure terror erupt from your foes.

2,451 to 2,500 of 2,640 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valgrymr's Homebrew Two All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.