Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Valgrymr's Homebrew Two

Game Master Valegrim

Goblins infest a fallen Dwarven underground fortress and mine; somewhere inside PCs must find and recover a critical treasure hidden by the Dwarven Clerics of Dumathion.


201 to 250 of 2,640 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"Let's just open the door and see who's at home. I'll be ready with my trusty crossbow and a spell if necessary."


Male Human Cleric 2

"Okay then." Merrik speaks, goes near the door in position, looks around the group once more, to see if all are prepared, then hauls it open.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

The door scratches and twitches then comes right off the hinges as it was not really attached very well, maybe on purpose....

it makes a bit of clatter that resonantes through the tunnels

There is a passage that continues; it is 5 ft high and 8ft wide; it goes for the length of our sight; the strange thing is that the walls are covered in hard dried mud to round out the passageway (which would ordinarily be 10x10 and cover the bricks making it more earthy smelling; but also give it a stench ;the mud seems to be made with very old bacterial water; out of the mud is all kinds of sharpened stakes, broken glass and sharp shards of stone and broken pottery and odds and ends; though some are rotted; looks like it was done a long time ago and is not upkept; the defense make it difficult for anyone of medium size to move through the passage quickly without taking damage; but moving normal speed or slower is no issue.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset peers past the bulk of the party members at the 'Goblin' hole before them,

"Oooo boy." She whispers, "Don't that just cry 'Hey, welcome! Come right on in! We'll do lunch'." Her attempt at humorous sarcasm and smile don't go far in hiding her nervousness.

"So, Merrik, you still feeling 'maneuverable'?" She sighs, "Gloisil? Bob? be ther a way t' m'bey smooth them pointy bits out at least? Some nafy way o' disarmin' that trap?" She stands 'side on' to the tunnel, with her back to Mogue ready to swing her x-bow either way, in or out.

Just let me know if'n I need any sort o' skill check?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

hehe you think this is something; you should see the front door hehe; dont worry; kid gloves are on till you guys are 5th level.


Male Halfling Rogue / 1

I were just checkin if the door be trapped.


Male Human Cleric 2

"Sure. You just have to be careful how to move." the Goliath says, then sets down the door and goes about to enter the passageway.
Slow enough to take no damage, but as fast as possible at that.

Damn you and your big mouth. But you have to impress the lady, don't you?
...
I think you're going to throw up now... How will that impress her?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

The floor is a bit damp other than that; the hall goes for about 80 ft and then you see an opening; like an intersection; thus the hall to the intersection is 120ft from the door/gate. You see some evidence of blood and rips of rags on some of the stakes and some shoddy repair work in some areas.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset hears Merrik's comment then sees the big man hunker down and shuffle forward. She blinks,

"HISSST! Hey! Wait up there, mate!" She hisses a warning. "Th' whole gal-durn thing looks as welcomin' as a dockside doxy! Give Bob an' Gloisil a chance! I'm sure ther'll be lil' green buggers a plenty t' go after, lets just make sure were in'a state t' deal with 'em, okeys?" There is no hiding the honest concern in the young Elf's voice.

"Lets slow down there, hey luv! We don't want t' go sinkin' our selves in deeper'n we c'n swim, okeys?" She smiles reassuringly towards Merrik

Seriously, lets let th' other experts get a look in.


m half elf Paladin 2

Galen looks around, he will keep an eye out for trouble and will stay at the front, he will allow bob to go infront and check for traps


Male Human (Celtic) Ranger 1

I am sure someone must have heard that racket. Be ready for anything. Keeps an arrow knocked and ready, waiting to give any goblins a nasty surprise. Props the door back up after everyone has entered so it wont be so obvious from the outside that something is amiss.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"Sunset, unfortunately I lack the magic necessary to remove this obstacle from our path. All I can do at this point is to implore you to step carefully. If you wish, I could go first to guard and keep watch while the bigger folk make their way through. I'm sure that Bob would join me in momentarily taking the lead."

Gloisil in suggesting that he go first to guard the way while the others slow down to make in through the obstacle that the goblins placed in their back entry, puts away his crossbow and pulls out of his cloak a thin straight piece of polished wood that has a thicker handle on one end and comes to a point on the other. He then prepares to go through the sharpened sticks, glass, etc. that has been plastered in place in the mud.


Fem Elf Bard 3
Gloisil wrote:
"Sunset, unfortunately I lack the magic necessary to remove this obstacle from our path. All I can do at this point is to implore you to step carefully. If you wish, I could go first to guard and keep watch while the bigger folk make their way through. I'm sure that Bob would join me in momentarily taking the lead."

Sunset nods,

"Aye, well an' good, mate. Mogue? What's say you'n me take up a spot on either side o' th' through fare an' cover th' other folks what're goin' t' be havin' a harder time gettin' down th' Goblin's back-passage, hey?"

Stepping carefully through he rash along the side of the path she puts her back to the 'wall' beside the door and waits as Gloisil and Bob move carefully down the obstacle field. Then she waits for Galen and Merrick to shuffle past. As Merrik hunkers down and scrunches up, eying the various nasty objects scattered about and arrayed before him, Sunset smiles and winks.

"Don't you worry none, luv! Mogue-y an' me 've got yer back." ^_^

Lets be careful an' get in at these lil buggers!


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil will start down the passageway keeping watch for any signs of goblins coming towards their back door from inside the passage.


Male Human Cleric 1

This is the part that worried Kedan the most. The unknown. Not knowing if there was danger or just a fluffy bunny waiting around the corner.

He held his breath, waiting with his companions.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

ok; as stated before; the floor is a bit damp; the mud and clay that is mostly dry on the walls with the stakes is one thing; but the floor is well traveled; so not much chance of a trip wire or pit though it can be pretty slippery if not moving carefully.

The hallways comes to an intersection. The small hall keeps going; the main hall crosses it; there is lots of graffiti, mud slapped on the walls with bones and whatnot; and lots of junk strewn about; moving through here odd things will be crunched, kicked and make noise without attempting stealth or moving at a creep. Anyone running through this hall would make a whole lot of noise; very...alarm like, low budget to be sure.

ok; will send out what you see in email for the end of the hall as it adjoins to a hallway; that hallway will be 10' high at the center and 10 foot wide at the base; but the ceiling is steeply arched.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

[If you didnt get the pic; send me and email; valgrymr@gmail.com; and will add you to the list; would be spiffy if someone could just add a link for the pic.]

and yep; that red stuff is blood; green stuff mostly mold; most of the blood is dried; but as wet as it is; it pretty ichy.


Male Human (Celtic) Ranger 1

Bends down when he reaches the intersection to inspect for tracks. 7(d20)+9=16


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Mogue

Spoiler:

the tracks are mostly goblin; but some trash, fur, bits, partial prints look Ork; Gnoll and Human; gives you the idea that Gobs will ambush anyone. Gobby tracks go both directions; other tracks only lead into the intersection.

Mogue wrote:
Bends down when he reaches the intersection to inspect for tracks. 7(d20)+9=16


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Mogue, Gloisil and Brother Kedan

Spoiler:

with your knowlege nature; you both see that the mold on the floor is commonly known among dungeoneers and those if the forest as "choke mold" which grows on fermenting things and grows quickly with wet; ferment, and blood. These are tiny mushrooms; that when stirred up cause choking and can kill the weak of asphixiation depending on how much dust is inhaled; a person can be weakened for usually no more than 3 or 4 days; caughingis common; and wheezing is laborous; victims get tired quickly and running is near impossible.

Rangers have learned burning it is a bad idea; gets airborn;

Healers know alcohol seems to make it go a bit dormant; so healers recommend distilled spirits on face masks covering the mouth and nose. Any astingent like witchhazel and decongestant like menthol or whiskey/rum and butter seems to help those victimized by "choke mold"


Male Human Cleric 2
Valegrim wrote:
would be spiffy if someone could just add a link for the pic.

Link to the pic

After crossing the first spikey feet of the backdoor entrance, Merrik stands still before moving on. He's not the stealthiest, so he does his best not to make any noise while standing still.


Male Human Cleric 2

Above link seems broken, use this one instead


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

thanks for adding the link. Just waiting for what you guys do at this intersection; am thinking you guys are looking to BoB to check things out.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"I would prefer to stay off the main passageway for now, so my suggestion would be to try the door straight ahead of us."

"We need to be careful of all these mushrooms in the intersection, if disturbed they create a choking dust that can incapacitate you for days. It is recommended by healers that have dealt with this, that we wear face masks soaked in alcohol, or a distilled spirit that has a high percentage of alcohol."

"I have access to a some beer that Hava supplied me with, but I fear that it is not "strong" enough to help ward off the effects of the mushrooms, does anyone else have anything that might help?"

Sorry I haven't been able to post for a few days. RL caught up to me this past weekend.


Fem Elf Bard 3

*HUGZ* Gloisil across teh interwebz* No worries mate. We'll look out for ye/after you.

Standing towards the rear of the group, Brother Kedan notices the slightly hunched shoulders on Sunsets figure. She notices him watching her and she smiles, stepping carefully closer to whisper.

"Um, hi there." She says. Kedan smiles in return, noticing just how large and luminous the elf's eyes are in this dim setting. Though at her own words she seems to hunch dwon a little more.

"Gee, t'is not like in'na boat, is it?" She whispers, "I mean. On'na boat, ye al'ays know where th' hatches are. The ship, she's a movin', livin', breathin' thing. Y'know?" Even as Sunset talks Kedan realizes the woman(girl?) is more chattering to herself.

"But in here?" She blinks and peers around. "I mean, there's just that one lil' openin', an' it's gettin' smaller an' smaller th' further we get away from it..........." Her voice trails off even as her gaze dwells longingly on the, indeed, much smaller seeming opening out into daylight and 'freedom'. Kedan squares his shoulders, smiles warmly and whispers,

"Does some one need s 'huggin'?" He asks gently, a reassuring smile upon his face and he sees his good will taken up as Sunset's figure straightens, her own happy smile returning.

Okeys, firts SORRY! I din't mean t' be puttin' sords in yer character's mouth, but this lil' scene just sort a' wrote i'self in me head an' here t'is on'na page. V_V I do appologize fer takin' any liberties at all with Brother Kedan. I do wish thre were a way t' Persoanl Mesage folks here abouts. Then I could give 'em th' idea 'sneak peak' like. Hope it meets with yer approval!. *Bows humbly*


Male Human Cleric 2

Noticing Sunset getting close to the Cleric, the huge man gets a bit smaller, if anyone would care.
Oh boy. Heartbroken already? You've met that girl like only some hours ago! And she only hugged you up until now! Boyboyboy... So what she's getting a hug from him. .. Okay, a longer hug. Yeah, right. Jealous? Fits. Pull yourself together! And don't you stare so obvious at her! and just as if Sunset heard his thoughts she looks over to the goliath, who quickly turns around, getting his backpack down to search through it for some cloth to produce a makeshift mask.
Ha! Caught!

I took the same liberty there. Hope that's okay for the both of you.


Male Human (Celtic) Ranger 1

Quitely speaks to the rest of the group with unusual seriousness. Yes, wearing a mask would be helpfull if we are not careful.

Sorry for being the voice of realism, but I gather by our method of reaching this place that time is an issue.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset pulls herself together, nods thanks to Father Kalder for his support. Smiles to Merrik and nods at Mogue's serious words.

"Okey's." She replies simply, a serious look coming over her features.

Craft Leather Working:1d20+6->[7,6]=(13)

As she too makes a bandanna/scarf which she pulls over the lower half of her face.

"Never did like them spare pair o' pants much." She comments absently, her voice muffled by the cloth mask a she hefts her x-bow and turns to intently watch the parties back.

Sorry fer leadin' th' posts astray. V_V . It's Globberin' TIME! ^_^


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

so; just two of you working on masks? and so far just some beer; nothing soaked yet; kk.


Male Human (Celtic) Ranger 1

Pulls out an old shirt and wets it with mead. Takes a drink in the process. Then covers his nose and mouth with the shirt.

Ready anytime.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil grabs the ruffled edge of on of the patches covering what appears to be a beat-up and worn cloak, and proceeds to tear it from the cloak. As he does so, it turns into a one gallon cask with a tap in it.

"Well hear is some of the beer that I have that Hava gave me, maybe some cloth well soaked it it would afford some protection from the mushrooms spores. Also, if you would like a drink go ahead. I don't drink the stuff myself, prefer to keep my head clear, if ya know what I mean."

Gloisil, then rummages around in his pack for an extra shirt that he can us as a mask, and proceeds to soak it in the beer.

"I can't bind it back to the cloak, so someone will have to carry it, or leave it for the goblins."


Fem Elf Bard 3
Gloisil wrote:
"I can't bind it back to the cloak, so someone will have to carry it, or leave it for the goblins."

Sunset blinks at the Gnome's statement.

"Fek no! We dunt leave nuthin' behind fer yh' lil' bugers t' make a trap out'ta!" She frowns at a though, "Shees! It'd be down right embarrassin' t' be fried in our own grog." She gets to work on what's left of the material she's carrying to prepare a sling to put around the (small?) keg, along with another mask for Brother Kedan.

1d20+6->[19,6]=(25)

"There ye go. All strapped up." ^_^ She whispers looking around, her gaze resting more on Merrik or Mogue.

"Whut? I dun think I c'n do th' job o' haulin' it?" She finishes.

Okeys, problem solved! Yay for ingenuous Bard types! *^_^*


m half elf Paladin 2

galen will get some old cloth and wet it with beer and cover his mouth
he is ready to go too


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

As this from your traveling or winter clothes? Please update your profile with torn shirt.

Mogue wrote:

Pulls out an old shirt and wets it with mead. Takes a drink in the process. Then covers his nose and mouth with the shirt.

Ready anytime.


Male Halfling Rogue / 1

Bob pulls out a hankerchief (unlike Bilbo, I did remember mine) & soaks it, putting some in his cup in the meantime and takes a small drink. "Not bad." He states. ;)


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

kk; all those with wetted masks get +2 to save vs the mold spores if needed.; that is for beer; one less for water; one more for distilled spirits.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

As soon as everyone has their faces covered, Gloisil moves carefully across the intersection towards the door in front of them.

Fortitude Save vs. mushroom spores: 1d20+1+3=17 Oops, sorry I got too many pluses in there, total should only be 16, a good roll still I hope.

Everyone hears Gloisil's muffled voice say, "No time like the present", as he starts across the intersection.


m half elf Paladin 2

galen takes a bit of his winter clothes
galen follows behind Glosil and does a detect evil through the doors


Male Halfling Rogue / 1

With hanky across his nose and mouth, Bob attempts to cross the mushroom patch to the door.

He rolls a 10 + 3 +2 = 15.

If he makes it across, he will check the door for traps.

He rolls an 11 + 6 = 17.


Male Human Cleric 2

Merrik keeps a bit back, then follows the others, after some have made it across successfully.
1d20+3=21


Fem Elf Bard 3

Aurgh! Sorry fer postin' so out o' whack! RL has me by th'....Um....*^_^* thingies

Sunset stands at the rear of the group walking slowly backwards being mindful of the surrounding terrain and 'covering' every one's 'back'.

Perception/Spot Check:1d20+1->[15,1]=(16)

Being even more careful when crossing the 'patch' that the Gobbers have left as a 'welcome mat'.

Fortitude save:1d20->[19]=(19)

(O.o) Wooo, th' dice rollin' thingy sure do lurv lil' ol' me!


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

ok; no fort saves need if you walk carefully; if you are; just make balance rolls; you can use the same rolls if you wish; if your trying to move with stealth; make those rolls as well.

ok; so; let me get everyones positions strait; everyone but sunset and Mogue go toward the center door; those two waiting back with arrows nocked in bows? Sunset perhaps in the intersection watching? sunset; pick a door your giving most of your focus; Mogue; you will need to dp this as well; am guessing you and sunset will each choose a different door and the party straight ahead, is this correct? do you have arrows knocked? (if you do; take a minus one to your balance rolls as you wont be able to really use your hands and arms for balance as you keep an arrow knocked; knocked to me means half drawn or so.)

dc for moving slowly and not disturbing mushrooms is only a 10; you can take a 10 if you desire.

Detect evil in the area of the center door; keep in mind that most doors and walls are thick enough to block this sense; but:
Paladin:

Spoiler:

you do get a sense of evil; all hot and fresh, on the other side of this door.


m half elf Paladin 2

(pointing to the centre door) galen whispers "i sense evil from beyond that door"


Fem Elf Bard 3

Okey's fer th' info, t'is as follows. Assumin' that th'
top o' th' page is North? Then Sunset has her X-BOW trained on th' Western door. Am I bein' clear 'nough?

As Bob, Gloisil and Merrik move towards the 'center' door, Galen points and says,

Galen Stormwalker, wrote:
"I sense evil from beyond that door"

Sunset nods upon hearing Galen's words and she crouches, seeming to almost fold around her x-bow, the better to steady it as she draws a 'bead' upon the door on her side of the corridor, trusting to Mogue to cover her back.

Sneak/Stealth Roll:1d20+8->[6,8]=(14)

Perception/Spot Roll:1d20+1->[7,1]=(8)

So, am I be gettin' an 'Aiming' bonus fer linein' up th' shot? (^.~) Oopsie, looks like me rolling favor's dryin' up.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

no; no aimed shot as you dont have a target; but you would get a quick shot pre init with one loaded for range.


Male Human (Celtic) Ranger 1

Covers the eastern door and looks behind from time to time.
Listens for anything out of the ordinary. Listen 10(d20)+7+2(if gob)=17 or 19(gob)


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

ok; so your all standing in the hall looking at doors....what now?

Bob

Spoiler:

with your extra sharp ears, better even than an elves, you think you hear a few escaped snickers and evil laughter behind the door in front of and a scrape of metal on leather, very quiet it was... as you imagine a horde of evil, mushroom mad, laughing goblins about to pour forth.


m half elf Paladin 2

Galen quietly draws his sword and whispers "shall i open the door?"


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

ok; everyone roll initiative...just in case...the two archers will have pre init shot opportunities if the situation arises where they can fire.

<gm to players; see how Mogue did spot and listen when he is guarding; that is a very good thing; you can use these goblin defenses against them by listening for things moving through the trash and slime.>

201 to 250 of 2,640 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valgrymr's Homebrew Two All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.