Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Valgrymr's Homebrew Two

Game Master Valegrim

Goblins infest a fallen Dwarven underground fortress and mine; somewhere inside PCs must find and recover a critical treasure hidden by the Dwarven Clerics of Dumathion.


2,351 to 2,400 of 2,640 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"Spiders already, well that puts a damper on things.

"Harold, is there another way to get where we want to go, or do we need to go down through this hatch?"

Gloisil will wait for Harold's reply before making any suggestions to the rest of the group.

As far as our player situation goes, I left a message on the discussion thread, but it basically says that I can play another character if you would like me to.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Gyldyr says, "let me take a crack at the spiders, as long as they arent ridden by goblins, I should be able to negotiate, we will need something to negotiate with; I suggest you capture a few of those sleeping upstairs or down in the tower to use to buy us passage"

Harold says "I have never been bothered by spiders here, Master, I have seen them, but they dont attack me. There is not safer way."


F Half Elf Monk

Desidera looked about the room and to the conversation with a slight bit of apprehension. Part of her wanted to go charging through there, just to reach that shaft of sunlight, while the rest of her knew how suicidal an idea that really was. So, torn and completely uncertain about how to advance, she leaned against Sunset, having been more or less put through the wringer. It did not help that they were still towing Koridur's body with them, and she almost sniffled, then remembered that they were supposed to be quiet(ish) here.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset stands and brushes herself down, then hugs her friend Desidera.

"So..off we go then?" Sunset asks.

We're heading down the shaft? Or we're already down the shaft?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

so if the party is going down the shaft; give me the marching order please.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"Thanks for the offer Glydyr, but I am uncomfortable with offering even such as those above to the spiders for our passage. I say we just go below and see what cards the fates deal to us."

"I can go first and try to clear a path with my wand, maybe after a show of strength they will let us pass."

I suggest the following for our marching order: Gloisil, followed closely by Elysdyne and Kurg. Then Sunset, Desidera, Harold, Mox and Glydyr. If anyone would like something different ....

Gloisil outlines a quick plan, featuring Gloisil going down first and trying to defend the bottom with his magical ability as the others quickly join him.

Unless someone offers another suggestion, Gloisil pulls out his wand and starts down the ladder.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Happy t'follow yer lead. (^_^)


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"Well, everyone prepare your best weapons, 'cause we're surely walking into a fight. Let's see if I can remember anything about the strength's and weaknesses of spiders..."

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

"Gyldyr, is there anything about spiders that you could tell us as well?"


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Gyldry:

they do not hate or love and rarely fear though they feel more self preservation than such as giant ants and others of horde mentality; spiders tend to be individualistic and about the need of the moment and oppurtinity. Do not think of them as a group; but rather individuals working in the same location; so is one flees; do not expect it of the others. Spiders do not consume their prey immediantly; but rather store then and drain a little at a time until nothing remains but a dried husk, so they could have several captives already which may or may not be of interest. Some of the more intelligent may use magic items or tools, but I doubt these are those kind. Some are hunters, but those are found singly or rather; they find you. If there are several here; it means they are territorial and very boundary oriented; also, there is a easily accecible food supply; so if they are capturing large numbers, it means their eggs will soon hatch young; they young can be very impressionable and make good pets or to some; mounts. Their bodies are armored and typically they have powerful limbs and jaws; many use poisons of various strengths and nearly all have spinnerets to make a strong ropey silken wrap or cord prised by many in the underworld. They can feel the vibrations of your footsteps and that of your breath; so it takes great skill to approach one stealthily. A spider a mans size is 8 times stronger than a man, I have seen spiders carry 4 men at a time and such a spider would have twin fangs the size of daggers. Sometimes Abyssal forces create new magical breeds and it is said that one Demon Prince uses one very powerful spider to retrieve those who displease the Prince from the mortal world. I believe these spiders to be somewhat ordinary as they do not rule here, as of yet. Forest goblins commonly work with spiders of the goblinoids. We have not yet seen any forest goblins.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Gm:
what is the marching order of those going down the ladder?


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset shudders a little at Gyldyr's recitation on spiders...

"Bugs is squicky..." She mutters quietly.

not sure who's going in what order. What was our order of march? Maybe use that?


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Sounds like were going with the order I listed a couple of posts ago, Gloisil, Elysdyne, Kurg, Sunset, Desidera, Harold, Mox, Glydyr.

"Well, perhaps we can recover Mox's troops if they don't consume their prey quickly. Everyone just keep your eyes open and be ready and we should be fine ... I hope."

Gloisil then starts to descend the ladder toward the lights that he sent down earlier.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset looks to Desidera,

"Maybe ye should, y'know, take off yer shoes? Help ye grip th' rungs a tad better?" She suggests quietly to her friend as Sunset waits her turn at descending the shaft, lifting and wiggling a barefoot her-self to show what she means.


F Half Elf Monk

There was a pause of a few seconds as Desidera considered her friend's words. Sure, she had gone barefoot in the fields and on the grasses, but these were stone and true, her sandals were hard.. Nodding her assent, she set to undoing the straps on her sandals as quietly as she could, before stowing them in her pack. Her toes felt odd on the stone of the floor, but she supposed it was no different than crossing the courtyard stones of her home.. Tentavely, she essayed a smile and wiggled a foot at Sunset in return.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset gives her friend a hug and a giggle then, seemingly in no time, skips over to her 'place in line' and begins to scamper down the shaft.

"Bleh, metal an' stone be such hard things on'a feet. I likey wood much better fer scamperin' about on." Sunset comments absently as she begins her descent.

Going down. (^_^)


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

ok; so I gather Gloisel is entering the pit of despair first and is doing down the ladder of doom; waht to add any particulars; or I will assume your just going down and looking around and Eylsdyne following.

Kurg: "We could tie a rope ta Gloisil ta pull im back n sheet ifn da buggers grap im"
Elysdyne: "hmm, might mess up his casting, us pullin on him and them, that can't be a good scenario"
Kurg: "a what"
Elysdyne: "A plan"
Kurg thinks: "We could paint him red"
Elydyne: "what would that do"
Kurg: "red is fast color"
Elsydne: "What?"
Kurg: "so he could run fast and not get buggered by dem spiders"
Elsydne: "We dont know where he would run" said with emphazized patience
Kurg: "Shiite"
Ponder..."We could poisin im"
alarmed Elsdyne "Poison who?"
"Gloisil" says Kurg "so he taste bad ta spiders, no worries Human, everybody know dwarf and gnome immune ta poison; dey got big badda booom stomach and eat poison all da time n sheet"
Elsydne: "what?"
Kurg: "yea, ss'true; der best beer, Bugmans XXX; three X, big poison fur sure; make yer knees wobbbie and temsornary blindness n everything"
Elsydne: "do you have some?"
Kurg: "No"
ponder....
Kurg: "do you think they make it from real bugs, maybe der is spider poison in it; dats why da spiders are here! the brewery must be close..."

Eylsdyne rolls his yes and mouths to Gloisil silently "Please, go quickly before our master tactician decides to float you down the hole"


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

As Gloisil starts to descend the ladder, he listens to Kurg and Elsydyne's conversation. He looks up a one point and with a somewhat worried look on his face, looks toward Elsydne and shakes his head, indicating either "No", or merely his unbelief at the suggestions coming from Kurg, or both.

Gloisil continues down the ladder watching for any movement towards him, his wand clutched in one hand as best as he can as he descends.

Spot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Fem Elf Bard 3

When it's Sunset's turn to head down the ladder she waits a moment the better to be in a position to help Desidera with the rungs.

Climb check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 (Aid another)

Climb check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 (For herself)

Buggerit! Maybe I should 'Take Ten'?


F Half Elf Monk

Desidera took her time with the ladder, since she had learned once the hard way about haste and heights. Thankfully at the time, it was just a jug of water, but just the same. The stakes here were worse.
Taking 10 on Climb: 10


Fem Elf Bard 3

"Y'know? Now whut I be thinkin' about it. Yer climbin' would go awful lot easier if'n ye weren't wearin' them skirts an' silks an' stuffs..." Sunset comments absently, even as she points out where Desidera should be putting her feet as they descend.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

you can as long as your not in a stressful environment like melee.

Sunset wrote:

When it's Sunset's turn to head down the ladder she waits a moment the better to be in a position to help Desidera with the rungs.

Climb check:1d20+5 (Aid another)

Climb check:1d20+5 (For herself)

Buggerit! Maybe I should 'Take Ten'?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

This ladder is very sturdy; as dwarves arent known for dexterity, but elves certainly are, even so, Sunset still has some slipping and sliding; the party isnt sure if she is really having trouble or just being entertaining.

Elysdyne and Kurg come down right after the Drow.

1d6 ⇒ 6 party
1d6 ⇒ 1 spiders


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

lol, the spiders are set to ambush the party; but whatever the party did; they catch the spiders out of position and not ready; party has surprize on the spiders; three are webbing up goblins; three more are on the walls and watching.....all are withing 30 feet; closest is 10 ft away; there are lots of webs here and the air is dank and musky with the smell of old death, urine and fecies and a certain alien air. In the distance down a tunnel, opposite the direction your guide is wanting to go; there is a pulsing green glow....


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Gloisil takes aim at the nearest spider with his wand and says, "Tempter Fieray." A ray of searing energy is released from the wand and it shoots toward the nearest spider.

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7, Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 3, 3) = 15

"If we can dispatch these spiders quickly, perhaps we can save the goblins they are wrapping for dinner", Gloisil says with a slight smirk on his mouth.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

7 misses

the party wades in at Gloisil's urging

Kurg; hits one for 11
Elysdyne hits a different one for 14
Gyldyr throws a rock for 3 points.
Mox misses
Harold steps back to allow the party more room.

Desidera and Sunset; then end of surprise round

then roll initiatives.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset lifts and aims her x-bow, even as she rises her voice in song the better to inspire her friends in the fight.

Att Roll:1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21

Dam Roll:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

So, yah, every one gets a +1 to things 'cause of teh Bard's 'Inspire courage' stuffs. (^_^)

Initiative:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


F Half Elf Monk

Hastening to unwrap her sling from where it was on her arm, Desidera looked around them at the spiders and was somewhat worried. Granted, she may just have panicked a bit, seeing the number of spiders that were down here; but now, she only looked for one that did not have anyone near it, so she would not accidentally hit one of her friends.
Attack:1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11; 1d4 ⇒ 4


Fem Elf Bard 3

"Ooooh! Teh spideys in'a hole to 'squick', 'squick', 'squick'.....'squick', 'squick' squick'..." Sunset's voice rings out.

Sorry...is all I could think of on'a quick, like...


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

11 misses

ok; round one

two groups of three spiders

the ones that were webbing and are facing mox,kurg,elsdyne have a 13
others have a 16


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil must of stumbled a bit as he was stepping off the ladder to miss that badly. But he gives it another try.

"Drat, missed. Tempter Fieray!"

Gloisil once again flicks his wand at the spider closest to them while speaking the words which trigger one of the spells stored in it.

Gloisil casts Scorching Ray once again. Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19, Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 6, 2) = 15 Ah, a much better roll that time, hurrah!


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Guys; there are six spiders; please give me a clue which you attack so I know where to appy the damage unless you just want me to do it randomly.

gloisil & Desidera; i dont see a initiative roll for you.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Ah...well I am happy for you the DM top asign it as best you see it in regards to where people and spiders are standing etc. I do think a 'common' tactic would be for the group to concentrate their attacks as much as possible.

So, since we tend to follow Gloisil, Gyldyr and the other 'fighter' types...having Sunset's and Desidera's attacks 'focus' on whom/what ever they are attacking works swell for me. (^_^)


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Initiative was a 10, rolled at the top of my first post of this skirmish. Gloisil is concentrating on the spider that was only 10 feet away when he came down the ladder.

"Desidera, Sunset, concentrate on the ones that are on the walls as the fighters are engaging the others."


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset quickly flips a salute to Gloisisl in acknowledgement of his shouted instructions.

Waiting fer next round. (^_^)


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil glares at Sunset's salute, but with a slight smile on his face, and says, "That wasn't an order by any means, just a suggestion. Would you rather that we just concentrate on one spider at a time?"


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset blinks, even as she reloads and gets ready to shoot another spider,

"I were jus' usin' teh quickest thing I could think of t'let ye know I done understood ye." She calls back over the sounds of swords clashing and missiles flying...and bugs squicking. :P


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil laughs and says, "Okay, let's just squish these spiders. They and this place are giving me the creeps."


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

spiders attack:

Kurg gets bit; but saves vs poison
Elsydyne avoids getting hit; but fails to save vs some webbing; so is bit webbed and losses his dex and movement until his legs are unentangled.

Mox gets bit no telling about the poison.

next round.

The one Gloisil BBQ'd has been hit a couple times; looks the worst off.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Att Roll:1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9

Dam Roll:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Sunset continues to rouse the spirits of her friends against the buggy foe. She tries to finish the poor spider who's been partly fricasseed.

Maaaan, I do not know whut it be with this dice roller, but them low numbers seem t'be stickin'. :P


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

yeah; this particular online dice roller is very suspect


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil will target one of the other spiders climbing on the wall, one that has not been hit yet, with his next attack.

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5, Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 4, 2) = 13 Well it appears that I've been hit by the die roller monster of bad luck as well.


F Half Elf Monk

Attack:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13; 1d4 ⇒ 3
Carefully keeping tack of her sling bullets, Desidera grabbed one more out of her dwindling supply and let another fly at a spider that had not gotten too close to her friends.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

chop chop; the warrior finish off a couple spiders amid the rays of magic and whirling stones and such; spiders fight back but dont seem to find purchase on any of the warriors armor.

two spiders cast webs at Gloisil and Desidera and hit; reflex saves please; dc 15; if you fail you loose your dex and are rooted to one spot with your legs encumbered and they get to continue next round with webbing; save and you get webs on you but they have to roll twice to entangle and str vs str, I forget the term offhand; not overbear but close.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

after the web resolution; next round


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil sees strands of spider webs coming towards he and Desidera and he tries to get out of the path of the oncoming webs.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Unfortunately he is not fast enough and is stuck in place.

"These strands sure are sticky, I cannot move anywhere at the moment."


? Presumed Mongrelman Herald

Harold looks at your predicament; he is hiding in the the hallway away from the battle.

Sir, the goblins use a distilled alchohol on the webs and it appears to have results.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

need one more relex save from Desidera,

post next round actions please.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"How strong of an alcohol is needed Harold? The only thing that I have access to at the moment is a cask of beer."

Gloisil will attempt another Scorching Ray attack with his wand on the spider that is attempting to web him as he awaits Harold's answer.

Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4, Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 5, 3) = 14 Failed by the die roller once again, bah humbug!


F Half Elf Monk

Sorry about that. The list stopped notifying me of new posts.
Reflex:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Reflexively, Desidera struggled against the webs that had bound her legs, though if she had kept her head about her, she would have been continuing to employ her sling against the spiders. However, with the spiders this close to her, she messily wrapped the sling around her wrist and drew her dagger. She intended to use it against the webbing, but if a spider was the more threatening thing, she would attempt to stab it.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Sheesh; what luck guys, the roller stikes again.

The spider webbing is a range attack; you have no enemy in melee reange Desidera.

Gloisil, [gm throwing you a bone] the ray failes to touch a spider, but does light the bebbing on you on fire and some other stuff down the tunnel. Take 1d3 fire damage as the webbing burns very quickly.

the warriors.....

Black Ork; wounds his
Briton Knight; wounds his, both spiders attempt to flee due to serioius wounds and are killed fleeing by the warriors flashing blades. The other spiders check moral and decide that there is easier prey elsewhere.

2,351 to 2,400 of 2,640 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valgrymr's Homebrew Two All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.