Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Valgrymr's Homebrew Two

Game Master Valegrim

Goblins infest a fallen Dwarven underground fortress and mine; somewhere inside PCs must find and recover a critical treasure hidden by the Dwarven Clerics of Dumathion.


2,251 to 2,300 of 2,640 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>

Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset glances briefly back at the sound of Desi's boots shifting about on the stone floor. Sunset herself then turns her attention back to staring into the darkness, glad that her large blue eyes are good for something at least, since their 'Low-light' ability allows her to see things farther away in the lantern's dim illumination.

Perception:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Absently, her bare toes wiggle, as she concentrates on seeking foes that might lurk in the darkness behind the group, all the while awaiting the opening of the door.

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

It was ridiculously fun (we won the Gracious Professionalism Award, sadly didn't get past finals eliminations and being ranked 19 out of sixty-some do to our falling-over alliance partner) and I found that our team is apparently buddies with the pretty cool team from Mexico, but...
What?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

ooh sounds like fun

Gyldyr wrote:
Will be gone for three days due to robotics event, sorry.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Listen checks for those at the door and consider themselves listening for noise.

Listen 13+

Spoiler:

there is a shuffling of feet, a long sigh with a wheeze that might be from pain of an old wound; and the soft pad of a foot with leg dragged; pad; sssht; pad shhst; pad shht.

listen 16+

Spoiler:

the sound of the russeling of much cloth can be heard dragging on the floor and rubbing together.

a soft voice speaking goblin from the other side of the door; but not a goblin voice; the voice/race is not recognizable by anyone in the party.

[b]"Grftz; murglick; Oagh; Norb? Ublixkt oosif!" [\b]

Another listen check for those applicable; 4 people max can listen at this door btw.

Listen 15+

Spoiler:

the voice seems to come from about four and a half to ft foot high

----
if your listening and speak goblin; let me know.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Sunset; you dont see anyone behind the part all the way to a wall.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Good to know, Master DM Valegrim. (^_^)


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Listen - Gloisil: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19, Hoot: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Second listen check: Gloisil - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

As Gloisil walks up to the door, hand raised to knock on it. He pauses due to thinking he heard something from the other side of the door. He continues to listen as he slowly lowers his fist.

Turning to the others he says, "There is someone, or something, on the other side of this door shuffling around and speaking in what sounds like goblin, although I can't be certain, because the speaker doesn't sound goblin, if you get my meaning. Also the speaker seems to be about four and a half feet tall."

"What do we do now, does anyone speak goblin?"

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

I speak Goblin.

Gyldyr moves closer to the door to listen, gesturing for everyone else to pause (or stay paused).


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Gyldyr; make a listen roll; include elf racial of +2

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

listen 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Going to be gone for spring break, likely with no internet access.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Gyldyr: ok, thanks for the update; when are you leaving?

at the door:
cursewords that translate to approximately; "I am too old for this garbage and my leg hurts"

then what you assume are the two guards names

then what translates to: "big bad boss is asleep; what the heck do you want and you best not wake him up you dribbling piece of slime"


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset crouches...awaiting Gyldyr and maybe Gloisil's instructions...as she keeps her eyes upon the darkness behind the group.

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

Tomorrow, bright and early.

A smile, in no way a reassuring expression, twists across the necromancer's features. Holding up a hand for the others to remain quiet, he whispers "I think he thinks we're part of the occupying army" to the party.
Leaning down to the speaker's height, he hisses:

Goblin:
"We're on very important business, very time-sensitive business, and far too delicate for a dead-brained vermin to deal with, so would you prefer we go about it unimpeded or would you prefer me to yank your spirit out and replace it with undeath, as zombies are so much easier to deal with, you snot-nosed diminutive twit?"

intimidate check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

At Gyldyr's warning, Gloisil is as silent and motionless as he can be, and waits nervously as Gyldyr leans back to the door and whispers to whoever is on the other side.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

the voice on the other door whispers back in elven

you interest me creature; is that elven I hear in the lilt of your voice, most eloquent goblin I have ever heard; be wasted on my master I assure you, his head as thick as heavy stone and twice as rough though he pretends as gentry among his kind; thus my service. I am Harold to this Big Boss of Upper Reaches, who might I say inquires after his health? An adventuring party perhaps, yes, seeking lost surface dwellers from the surface fallen to our not so gracious care; a ransom you offer maybe? some few or several we have here I assure you.

his voice has the dry hiss of a reptile

anyone who speaks elf can answer back; I dont think it quite appropriate to speak for the drow in this particular instance where what said is of import to the various outcomes for the party.


Fem Elf Bard 3

So...the voice was loud enough to pass along to the rest of the party?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

you can hear it and pass it along; but no; a listener pretty much has to be at the door or have excellent hearing skills like a rogue; this is all a soft whisper.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Wriggles toes as they await developments at the door. (^_^)


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

ball is in the PC's court


Fem Elf Bard 3

(^_^) I'd be lovin' t'play, but this in't th' best place fer tossin' such about. (^_~) Awaitin' Gloisil and Gyldyr's responses, I be thinkin'. T'is just a lot o' whisperin' t'myself.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil turns to the rest of the party and explains, in a whispered tone, that the voice on the other side of the door switched from goblin to elven.

"He says that he serves the goblin boss of these parts and that they have several captives from the surface. He's asking if we've come with a ransom for them."

"Also, the speaker seems to have a bit of a hissing accent when he speaks."

Gloisil then waits to see what Gyldyr says next tvoice voise on the other side of the door. Gloisil speaks elven, but feels that it might confuse things if he joined the conversation at this point.

He then touches Gyldyr on the sleeve to get his attention, and whispers, "I think you ought to keep speaking goblin so as not to give away the fact that you are really elven."

"Or perhaps we should pretend to be bring the goblins more prisoners, what do you think?"


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

gm responding for Gyldyr...

whispering.....

Interesting idea gnome, but I think not; we dont know how many are in there and i that case; fighting in this hall will limit their numbers to approach us. I wonder what race the boss is; for goblins it could be a goblin or anything; perhaps an Ogre; hence Big Boss.; how much money do we have on us; perhaps we could jingle it; tactics are not really my thing, give me some time and I could make us an army; but we probably shouldnt stay on this stairs very long. How do you want to play this?


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset looks over her shoulder towards those at the door. To Gyldyr and Gloisil she says,

"Well...I in't never been one who's done any 'Negotiatin' afore. But, ye're sayin' th' voice on'a t'other side o' yon door in't a Gobby? Heck, lets just work on somat t'get us inside an' talkin' t' whut-ever t'is an' we c'n play it by ear from there." She gives her usual, mischievous grin.

"Heck, I reckon a'tween th' lot of us, we c'n play 'em as well as I c'n play me fiddle!" And she giggles at her own slight jape.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"I've got one hundred pieces of gold that we could use if you think that we could buy our way in, what does everyone else have?"

"Gyldyr why don't you find out how much the voice on the other side of the door wants if you can."


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset stands up at Gloisil's question, absently hands Desidera her x-bow and begins to pat herself down, then spins about and begins to rummage through her back-pack.....

After a while she stands up, blushing furiously,

"Um..well...I dun't seem t' be havin' much in'a way of shiny..." She squirms in embarrassment.

Is rilly strange, I can't find no listin' of moneys any wheres on'a character page...Is rilly weird, that....Looks like I done spent it all on gettin' kitted fer th' adventure. Least ways, I kent be gettin' robbed fer it! (^_^)


F Half Elf Monk

Desidera took Sunsets crossbow with a raised eyebrow, but there was little that she could to to stop her friend from searching. She still smiled and handed the weapon back to her friend, careful with it, and laid a hand on her shoulder. "I may have enough for both of us, ilioula." Shrugging off her pack, she reached into it, her pack organized as always, and produced a pouch that she untied to display a handful of gems likely worth hundreds of gold pieces. There were four gems that looked like little golden spheres, likely pearls, and five other gems of no small worth, perhaps.

"Will these help?", she asked softly.


Fem Elf Bard 3

At Desidera's display Sunsets eye grow large in amazement (Her admiring gaze seeming a feat in itself)

"Oooo....prettty...!" Sunset breaths in admiration of Desidera's trove.

"Hey, bugger lettin' them what's on'a t'other side o' th' door be havin' ay o' this here shine!" Sunset declares loudly. "I be thinkin' them orcs, y'know th' ones down the way? They be havin' more things whut be interest t'us than some one hidin' behind a door."

(Bluff:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22)

Hehehe! (^_^)


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Sunset; if I may point out; you may wish to edit that comment unless your trying to get a rise out of your resident Black Ork; Orks and Goblin never work together; well, almost never; they are blood enemies; Goblins are Chaotic Evil; Ork are Lawful Evil, thus they get along like Demons and Devils; which is to say; not at all.

Goblins work with Norkers, their cousins best, and with Bug Bears and Ogrillion and sometimes follow an Ogre or two as these races tend to rules a small band of Gobs. They get along with Gnolls most of the time as the two races dont compete much for land or materials. Goblins get on well with evil Fae and some tribes follow the Erlking, but they are much more feral type goblins made up of Forest Goblins tribes. Goblins fear Dark Elves; but often work as mercenaries for them or are inpressed into service; Goblins and Dark Elf tribes are often in direct competition in which Dark Elves often have clearly the upper hand.

--------
Ah; fair elf lass, a lilting voice in the dark says the babble fish to be sure, I am just a humble jack of rags; so you wish to parley with the master for the others offering the glint of shiny treasure, so be it, if that is your wish; though in truth; I suggest you run elsewhere, but have it as you will. Who may I say leads your company be you slavers looking for beasts or kin looking for your kinfold? says the voice on the other side of the door with a slightly hisspish voice.


Fem Elf Bard 3

To tell the truth I completely fergots about our lumpish friend, :P ,Sunset is just trying to bluff her way in, not make pointers at anything real in particular. (^_^)

Sunset look to Gloisil and Gyldyr for hints or pointers on how to proceed.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Well, with Sunset now joining conversation with the entity on the other side of the door, Gloisil feels no need to stay silent any longer and in elven says, "We are neither slavers or kinfolk, at least I think not, but lets discuss that face to face, and see what we can learn from each other. What say ye?"

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

I haven't had the chance to get back online until now.

Goblin:
"You certainly don't seem much impressed by your current boss. You gave me the compliment of eloquence; I'd return it, if I were sure you're not some other bottom-feeder fond of speaking in meaningless riddles, unable to recognize an unusual and important event."


? Presumed Mongrelman Herald

The creature responds in goblin: "Its just a job; nothing personal; pay sucks, hours are worse, but food aint bad, only feeding at the bottom until I get a better job offer"

Not sure what language Gloisel uses; but the creature reponds with the same language (I checked your char sheet)

"Not slavers or kinfolk, then why you here? My boss aint much for study and learning" replies his slightly reptilian voice.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil was speaking in Elven.

"We've all found ourselves drawn to this place. We're an odd lot, race's you'd not normally see together, as you would see if yoopeneded up the door."

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

Gyldyr tries to whisper "how much gold do we have?" to the others without the thing hearing.

Could try bribing it?


Fem Elf Bard 3

"Jus' open th' goram door..." Sunset grumbles quietly to herself...


? Presumed Mongrelman Herald

Drawn here you sssay; like poison in wound, mussst be that artifact in the basssement all the Big Unss isss talking about and ooh how it will makess them the new Big BAd, but me, I thinksss it is poison of vilessst natures....corruption...

Look, yea say yea want in, but yea makes no sense. I isss Harald, my jobs is ta announce and keep out da riffraff while da boss sleeps. So Who do you Be? or wait till boss and his crew wakes up or goes you away. Drawn here you mgiht be, but make the boss mad and he will draw and Quarter yees, ick I know


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

WB

Gyldyr wrote:

I haven't had the chance to get back online until now.

** spoiler omitted **


Fem Elf Bard 3
Harold the Herald wrote:

Drawn here you sssay; like poison in wound, mussst be that artifact in the basssement all the Big Unss isss talking about and ooh how it will makess them the new Big BAd, but me, I thinksss it is poison of vilessst natures....corruption...

Look, yea say yea want in, but yea makes no sense. I isss Harald, my jobs is ta announce and keep out da riffraff while da boss sleeps. So Who do you Be? or wait till boss and his crew wakes up or goes you away. Drawn here you mgiht be, but make the boss mad and he will draw and Quarter yees, ick I know

At these words from 'The door' Sunset stands and paces over to said door.

"Look here ye tit fer brains scally-wag. We's said we's money fer th' lookin' at yer wares. We's said we's more'n happy t' be takin' our business else were. Now...an' here be the pointy bit o' th' debate so listen up! If'n ye wants it t'get back t'ye said boss o' yon crew that you were th' one who let their latest possible gatherin' o' shine and moneys t'be gettin' away? Then so.be.it."

Intimidate:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

"I, fer one, have had enough o' standin' out here an' coolin' me toes..."


? Presumed Mongrelman Herald

He respond in like kind almost as if he gathers the method of speaking right out of your brainpan.....he doesn't seem intimidated

Tarnation, your tounge does hang in the wind and cut it true but don't yea be gittin yer panties in a wad, no affront fer yer cold toes, I kin wake da bit slobber boss in no time at yer word; who maight I be sayin is come ta haggle on da prizes? yeas no call to put down me tail! beggin yer pardon I do be do


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil turns towards Sunset and says, "Sunset, patience please. We've tried the indirect discretionary route, and that seems not to be working. It's time to try a more direct route.""

To the voice behind the door and in elven Gloisil says, "My name is Gloisil Murigel and I am a gnome sorcerer. My companions and I have been bought to this place seeking the object that you speak of so that it may be kept from those that would use it to bring ruin on this world."

"Now if you have some information of where we can find this object then we would be grateful if you shared it with us."


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset blinks, as if she's waking from some dream, and looks at her friends -her large blue yes widening even further.

She stumbles away from the door and crumples down into a small ball. Arms wrapped around her drawn up knees.

"Oooh..I dun an' went an' lost me temper...Made a mess o' things an' all..." She moans quietly, her body begining to shiver slightly.


F Half Elf Monk

Quietly, Desidera walks over to rest a hand on her friend's shoulder. When Sunset looks up, she would receive a reassuring smile, seeing Desidera shake her head, unworried.

Desidera's attention went back to the door, not that she could really influence what was going on up there, but curious nonetheless. She still had no idea of how large this.. Citadel? City? was, but she was missing the sun more and more with every passing hour spent down here. Despite any concerns she had, her hand would remain on her friend's shoulder, making sure she knew that she was not being judged.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

At Sunset's reaction to his words the sternness melts from his face, and at the first opportunity when Sunset look his way he mouthes the words, "I'm sorry" while he awaits a reply from the voice behind the door.


? Presumed Mongrelman Herald

Uhm; I am uhm Hareld, and uhm, like all my people, we seek employment from persons of stature who would have us, we the cursed and our loathsome appearance. And like all of my people, I dont like to get directly involved. What would you have of me Gnome?

you can tell that he is very used to talking in the first person or about himself

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

"Just bribe him," Gyldyr mutters.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"Harold, we seek only to reach this sought after object. Unfortunately we know not the best route to take to get to it, and we must reach it before the others who seek it. If you know of a way for us to reach it, we would gladly pay for such information."

"Of course if you would prefer a change of employment, you would be welcome as a guide to us through this place. If we are able to reach our goal and escape with our lives, you would then be free to do as you wish."

"So basically I'm offering some extra pay, or an adventure with the opportunity of freedom at it's end, your choice, what say ye?"


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset stands, sniffling and wiping her face on her sleeve. She gives Desidera a hug, then moves about the group hugging each in turn, murmuring soft apologies to each for her actions.

No, seriously? How hard can it be to get some one to open a goram door? It's been a month or so real time. C'mon! Time to move on, open the door already!


? Presumed Mongrelman Herald

pc's may wish to read the discussion page

and would you also protect me from the reprisals from these goblins; stupid they may be, but vindictiveness runs in their blood. your word on it by your magic Master Gnome?


Fem Elf Bard 3
Harold the Herald wrote:
pc's may wish to read the discussion page

I get this message when I try:

Quote:
*The Game Master has not yet connected the discussion thread for this campaign.*


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Here's a link to the entry in the discussion thread

"Harold, we would certainly protect you as long as we are in this place and you are trying to help us achieve our goal. I doubt though that any of us could commit to protect you for the rest of your life."

"You would probably be welcome in many of our communities where you may live a long and peaceful life, but even that I cannot guarantee."

"I myself will do everything I can keep you alive and get you out of this place in exchange for your help. If or when we complete what we have come to do and we make it out alive, then we can discuss future plans, but first we have to survive."

"Hopefully my dour realism hasn't turned you against helping us, but at this point I feel it is better to be honest with you rather than lead you on with half truths."

2,251 to 2,300 of 2,640 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valgrymr's Homebrew Two All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.