Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Valgrymr's Homebrew Two

Game Master Valegrim

Goblins infest a fallen Dwarven underground fortress and mine; somewhere inside PCs must find and recover a critical treasure hidden by the Dwarven Clerics of Dumathion.


2,201 to 2,250 of 2,640 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

The black orc states:

I think stumpy said da gut way down was protected by diz fort; so through it we may finds it


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset stops, looks at the large fellow and opens her mouth to say something.

Then she glances around at the rest of the group for a moment, before nodding and moving over to begin heading of in the direction indicated.

So, we have a bearing then? (^_~)


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

not that I know of; I am waiting for someone to say something like: we go that way; choices are door on this level; go to the other side and fight those gobs and enter that door; or go up the stairs.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

there are of course other options; but those are most likely.


Fem Elf Bard 3

*Nods*

And hopin' every thing be fine with you and yours! (^_^)


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

So; which way will the party be going please; and how fast; sneaking; boldly going; or in a rush to catch some unwary or some such?


Fem Elf Bard 3

My vote be fer teh sneakin' an' then, maybe, teh rushin'?

As fer direction, we's may as well continue th' way we's were headin', hey? (^_^)


F Half Elf Monk

[ooc]You haven't connected the various threads we write into the new ones, else I'd be posting this in the discussion thread. There were options towards our direction? I was under the impression we would continue the way we were heading.[ooc]


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

I am not the kind of gm that tried to dictate peoples action; but rather give you a set of options and have you choose then present the fallout from such choices in a rather Zork-like approach. What I expect is that the players fit their skills to the choices and as more information is collected change their plans accordinly. Extra or bonus exps given to characters who do this well within thier character theme.

The party has the basic choices as follows and I will give you a general outline of things I think you might consider.

1) go forward up the stairs bypassing all other levels; if you go quick enough you will probably make it to the top before anyone notices you or at least if they follow; at the top you will have the combat advantage of fighting from higher ground; the top is the most defensible so a probable place for the goblin leaders of this section.

2) go to the left and fight the goblin artillerists in the left section; they are not good fighters and would be a decent exp boost and have the advantage of not leaving anyone behind you, this might also confuse any pursuit as those who might track you would have to split into four groups to try to find you, or possibly more.

3) go up to the second level either right or left and melee the forces there; again; more combat exps but also might weaken the party before the fight with the bosses; but then, do you want these forces pursing you or behind you? You may also find some treasure the more bad guys you encounter in their living areas.

4) you could also leave the fortress and find another way down; but that appears to be very dangerous at the moment as hundreds of goblin forces are leaving to go outside.

Is this helpful? the party needs to decide how they approach these situations; it doesnt look like the party is that stealthy ;but you could try it; the party would probably do pretty well with brashness as goblins are generally cowards and use their strengths of ambushes and numbers. With good intimidation rolls; I will give the goblins a minues or two to their actions.

one thing; our knight from Camelot is having some issues; so I will be conversing with him and posting for his character as his posting will be sporatic at best.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

from the Celtic Knight from my conversation with him

"comrades, let us accend the stairs; thus engaging from strength the vile foe and make them rue the death of our valiant dwarf, I will lead, Goodman Ork; would you accend next to me; then others as may follow with one good of fighting to gaurd our rear; thus we can obtain the path further into this Hold. Who says this yea?"

the Black Ork grunts
kill wicked goblins, good plan, dont care where, what you say Biscuit; you smarts


Fem Elf Bard 3

Lots of info to re-digest.

Sunset again opens and closes her mouth a few times at the Orc's appellation to her. She then moves over and rest her forehead on Desidera's shoulder, mumbling quiet words into the fabric.

Desidera:
"I swear..., on me N'unlce's lute, once this be all over- An things are settled back t' normal- I am gon'a make that fekkers Grand children's lives somat they'll be tellin' stories about fer th' next twenty generations. The poor wee sod's 'll have such a time o' being interestin', they won't know whether they be comin' or goin'." And Desidera can hear the passion and emotion in Sunset's voice, even feeling the Elf's frame shake slightly with her feelings. (It is obvious Sunset is hiding her rage and temper in the shadows of Desidera's shoulder. After but the briefest of moments, they pass and Sunset seems back to her incandescent self. (^_^)
(Though the DM can read the message as well (^_^)

Then, after a few more deep breaths as Sunset seems to gather her composure and such, she bounces back up, grins at her friend before turning and skipping over to Kurg (That is the name of the Black Orc, yes?) and giving the fellow an enthusiastic hug. She steps back and looks up at him brightly,

"Youself an' Elsdyn will be okeys leadin' th' charge? I know every one else of us'll be followin' closer on yer heals fer th' helpin' of ye when ye gets in't th' fight." She re-assures the big Orc, before skipping over and giving Elsdyn Fedwick a brief hug as well. Stepping away she pats her self and her gear down, checking everything is in place.

"Right then, lets be off an' makin' some Destiny!"

Preparing her x-bow and voice for inspiring courage. (^_^)

Also hoping every thing is fine for our cavalier companion! *Hugs* (^_^)


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil listens as the Knight speaks his thoughts of what the party sould do next. When he is done speaking Gloisil says, "That sounds like as good a plan as any, lead on and we will follow."

Gloisil takes a position behind the knight and ork and follows them up the stairs.


F Half Elf Monk

Desidera almost quirked a smile at her friend's mumbles, leaning her head into hers to comfort as best she could, and gathered herself to move again, slinging her pack onto her back and checking her various items of equipment, murmuring a quiet prayer to Apollo that they not incur any injuries like the one that had felled their friend. Just the thought of him made her lower her head, and wiped any expression off of her face.

Her spear slid into its (rarely used) holster on her pack, and she positioned herself to one side of the device they rigged to carry Koridur, ready.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

The knight leads; Kurg carries the dwarven corpse; and they move up the stairs seemingly heading toward the top; their heavy armor slowing their advance a bit, but their stamina does not falter.

at the top of the stair is two elite looking goblin guards; intiative please. They have the advantage of higher ground; but the party is obscured due to the dark flowing around the Black Orc so the guards didnt see the party until they arrived, but heard them enough to be curious enough to get ready to do do some guarding.

the gaurds are Norkers; cousins to goblins; their rock hard skin and gleaming claws bely thier tougher nature.

these guys have a natural armor class of 20; plus dex gives them each a 23; the dull look in their eyes shows their not to bright but the gleam and lear of their smiles shows they are all kinds of maleficant.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Elsdyne gets and init of 11,
Kurg gets a 13


Fem Elf Bard 3

Initiative:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

D'Oh! >_<


F Half Elf Monk

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
I really don't mind you rolling Desidera's initiative if it'll make things more streamlined for you.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

ok; the guards have a 5

Kurg and Elsdyne attack side by side;

Els 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Fem Elf Bard 3

As combat commences Sunset begins humming a jaunty tune,

Bardic performance to give every one a +1 to moral for hitting and saving and such (^_^)

Even as she herself steps off to one side, the better to get a clearer shot at the enemy.

Att Roll:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Dam Roll:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Meh...(-_-)


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Kurg; gets and 18 and his sword leaves a trail of sparks on the norker but not much else

Elsdyne; in a well placed attack slices a norker well

1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Valegrim wrote:

ok; the guards have a 5

Kurg and Elsdyne attack side by side;

Els 1d20+7


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

the norker screams in pain, clearly not used to being hurt; he looks very wobbly now.

The norkers attack back, multiattack claw,claw, bite
Kurgs
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Elsdyne's
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

pc's are up


Fem Elf Bard 3

Okeys! (^_^)

Sunset continues to buoy up her companions spirits as they take on the weird, hunched nobbly Goblins.

Att Roll:1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12

Dam Roll:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Meh...Not hittin' no Nobblies this turn. :P


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Sorry I missed the start of the combat, I've been really busy the last week. Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Gloisil seeing the toughness of these creatures, decides to cast a force spell to see what that will do.

Gloisil casts Magic Missle at the norker that is not hit. Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

Sorry. Build season for robotics, Spanish class, fencing, and a (new) relationship. I'll try to keep up with the game.

init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

Magic Missile, why not. 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


F Half Elf Monk

While Desidera was fond of delaying, so that the first action she took was to assist an injured ally, she was quite nearly out of magic, and reasoned that the easiest way to prevent damage from befalling her friends was to (unfortunately) cause damage to their enemies. The 'whirrrrrr' of her sling could be heard as she took aim at one of the dark forms that was not directly occupied in battle.
Attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14, Damage:1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

I need to know the recipients of these magic missles; same one; different one; Elsdynes or Kurgs Norker?

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

The closest one.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil targets the norker that Kurg is fighting.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD
Gyldyr wrote:
The closest one.

they are equal distance at the top of the stairs side by side.

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

One of the uninjured norkers.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Kurg and Elsdyne attack

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Kurg gets a 19; still doing no damage.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Elsdyne damage

1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

one norker falls; the other who is uninjured other than Gyldyrd MM

attacks kurg:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

confirm
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8x2=


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

16 to kurg; who grunts in pain and falls


Fem Elf Bard 3

"FEK!" Exclaims Sunset, even as she resets her x-bow and moves forwards to aid the big lug.

Move up to cast a 'Cure Light Wounds' on the fellow!

Cure Light Wounds:26 + 2 = 28


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

I dont understand this number for a cure light wounds for 3.5; please explain.

Sunset wrote:

"FEK!" Exclaims Sunset, even as she resets her x-bow and moves forwards to aid the big lug.

Move up to cast a 'Cure Light Wounds' on the fellow!

Cure Light Wounds:2D6+2


Fem Elf Bard 3

Fekkin' heck! Din't check me postin' afore time now, did I!

Cure Light Wounds:2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 = 7

There, that be a tad more liken it. (^_^)


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil seeing Kurg go down under the Norker's attack casts another spell, targeting the Norker that brought wounded Kurg.

Gloisil casts Magic Missile again, targeting the Norker that just attacked Kurg. Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

ok; top of the round; one norker left.

Gloisil blasts him and the norker grunts in pain.

Elsdyne takes a swipe at the norker; doing 7 damage finishes him off.
-------

Party is at the top of the stairs before a locked, heavy bound door.

Kurg's body heaves as the healing magic from Sunset poors into him...he is breathing, but not yet conscious.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil tries to open the door, but tug or twist the handle as much as he can, it is hopeless as the door is clearly locked.

"Does anyone have the ability to open this door, it's times like these that I wish we hadn't lost Bob early in the the assault on this evil infested place."


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset frowns and fidgets, even as she continues to kneel at the top of the stairs,

"I dun't rightly know about things like that. Though, truth told, they's naffy skills t'have..." She admits. She grins and winks.

"Give it a knock? An' see if'n any one does come answer th' door!" (^_^) She suggests.

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

Gyldyr just waits at the back of the party.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

"Well Sunset, looks as if we've no choice."

Gloisil steps back up to the door and bangs on it with his fist.


F Half Elf Monk

There was certainly no small amount of apprehension in Desidera, having been uncertain of things since she remained literally in the dark since descending down into this abandoned fortress. Knocking on a door was not the safest thing she could think of in here, but neither could she gainsay it, having no better ideas.. The sun was not present down here, so she did not pray, but she hoped all the same, her feet shuffling uncomfortably.

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

Will be gone for three days due to robotics event, sorry.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Have fun! Hope your 'bots find Ms Connor. (^_^)

2,201 to 2,250 of 2,640 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valgrymr's Homebrew Two All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.