Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Valgrymr's Homebrew Two

Game Master Valegrim

Goblins infest a fallen Dwarven underground fortress and mine; somewhere inside PCs must find and recover a critical treasure hidden by the Dwarven Clerics of Dumathion.


2,051 to 2,100 of 2,640 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Yes; you can use your color spray in the first round the goblins rushed in as a waiting action; your action would take place on init 15; so that would become your new initiative.

please post the necessaries for both your color spray and burning hands.

Gloisil Murigel wrote:

Gloisil had an action readied to cast Color Spray once the goblins were 5 feet away. If that is not possible now, then he will cast Color Spray this round. If he was able to used the readied action then he will use his wand to cast Burning Hands into the goblin hordes.

Gloisil grateful that his small size has consealed him for the moment, uses his magical abilities to attack the goblins.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Melee:
Kurg strikes a goblin and kills him
Elysdyne strikes a goblin and kill him
The dwarf strikes a goblin and kiss him
Mox is out running around in the goblins not with the party and cant be seen; but pieces of his crazy banter can be heard.

Three goblins miss Elsydyn
two goblins miss Kurg; one hits for 3
one goblins misses the dwarf; one hits for 2 the other hits for 3 must be racial animosity or something with the dice...

Archers and Chuckers:
Sunset shoots a goblin in the eye with an instant kill, am giving the two goblins next to that one a -1 from racial elf fear for the next round; good shot.

a whole bunch of 1d3 damage stuff gets thrown at Glydyr and Sunset, but in that whole shower of rocks and lumber; Glydyr gets hit once for 2 points and Sunset twice for 1 point and 1 point.

Goblins slingers and archers miss everyone as most bounce off Elsdyn and Kurgs shield, probably cause they are the tallest targets.
------------
Goblins get reinforments.
------------

Current situation.

The hallway is 10 squares wide and the goblins occupy all 10 squares, Kurg, Elsdyne and the Dwarf are spaced two squares apart facing 3 goblins; which leaves a hole either to the right or left side or middle depending on how things shift for a goblin to slip through; this would need to be blocked by either Desidera, Gloisil, Gyldyr or Sunset. On the side; two of you could face this goblin; if if you leave the hole, say between Elsdyne and Kurg, then three of you could face this one goblin; and probably after you kill one or two they wouldnt like those odds and wouldnt advance there as no single goblin will face one or two elfs. This hole is where I am thinking Gloisil is blocking to do his color spray and burning hands as it has maximum number of targets.

ok; behind the first rank of 10 goblins; there is a full second rank of 10 goblins.

there are 5 goblins with slings; 3 goblins with short bows and 8 goblins throwing junk. In this group of 8; two are hoping around holding thier bloody feet and Mox is screaming at them in Goblin about the Broken Toe Clan, preaching as it were. Most of these goblins dont seem very religious as to them he is just another crazy goblin and they are more or less ignoring him probably waiting for someone In Charge, to show up. Right now goblins are just acting in horde mentality.

you can hear drum beats and a horn from the broken citadel. So currently the party faces 36 goblins you can see; party has killed four (depending how the color spray and burning hands turns out).


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

ok; bit about goblins.
Goblin Scrubs; which is most of what your facing, have equivelent of leather armor and 4 hit points; may or may not have a shield, and some random weapon; usually club or rock. Low morale depending on how many goblins and if they outnumber the enemy.

Goblin Scrappers; have studded leather armor, sheild and usually a cleaver or spiked club and have 6 hit points. A Scrapper usually runs a group of Scrubs or in better areas; a group of Scrappers are run by some type of elite; like a Shaman or Norker. Good morale as long as leader elite survives; low morale if he doesnt.

Elite Goblins wear better stuff and have special attacks, be it poison or whatnot. Your not currently facing any. Some would be the Mushroom warriors you guys faced back at that first entrance. Good to Fanatical morale. Norker, a goblin cousin; is an elite troop for instance; with steel hard skin, fangs and heavy claws so something like AC 20; 10 hps; good weapon, plus bite 1d3 and claw 1d2; morale 18. Goblin commandoes you faces back when were another goblin elite force.

Goblin elites are usually run by something bigger; usually not a goblin. Things continue like this as you go through norkers; gnolls; hobs, bugbears, trolls; and so on.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Goblins fear elfs; of any type; so having the two elfs are a real boon for the party. Goblins fear and hate elfs and dwarfs.

normally, a goblin won't attack someone unless they outnumber 2-1
wont attack a dwarf unless they outnumber 3-1
wont attack an elf unless they outnumber 5-1 or more; if the elf is really tough; 20-1.

What this means to the party is that there needs to be about 30 scrub goblins to even be brave enough too attack a party this size; better leaders of course affect this.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Goblins per character perspective:

Elsdyne

Spoiler:

Goblins are Unseelie court typically; though many tribes are known to be mercenaries to other creatures such as demons or devils. Goblins are typically low level riff raff, but do follow the orders of Oberon, The Goblin King and one of those who can lead the "Hunt". Nothing here has shown you any evidence of Oberon's involvement, though you have seen some evidence of Seelie fae around. From a perspective, both courts are in the party though High Elves and Drow Elves left the courts millenia ago, they still have strong ties to the Seelie and Unseelie courts respectively.

Glydyr and Sunset: add +1 with long or short swords to hit goblins.
Gyldyr; add +1 to xbows to hit; Sunset +1 to bows to hit goblins due to your races wars with goblins and long life and long memories.

Spoiler:

with the number of goblins you guys have seen; you can assume there is something much stronger here holding them together probably not a troll; maybe a Ogre Magi as they often use goblins, or maybe an evil human wizard or cleric, possibly a demon. Goblins only respect things stronger and more evil than themselves; only the prospect of blood and treasure would keep them together. You have seen/heard evidence of several tribes here. Probably be wise to try to find out about this before you face it and probably share it with others in the party.

Gloisil:

Spoiler:

There are a fair number of goblin engineers; they make traps and the like; most of their machines are based around death and destruction and often deadly to those who use them. Anything made for death and destruction is not the same type of shoddy engineering as for other stuff and are typically quite brilliant; so think of them as specialists. Goblins arent wise enough to avoid their own engineers traps; so well travels places are not typically trapped; everything else probably is. Most of the goblins near your home are Forest Goblins; so they typically ride really big spiders rather than the worgs that are used by various gobin tribes. Also, among the short races it is well known that Goblins and Kobold totally hate each other and would rather fight each other than practically anything else. This knowlege has been pretty useful to gnomes who instigate these two races fighing each other and keeping both populations down.

Humans have no particular lore about goblins and mostly see them as pests or vermin. Goblins are considered weak and unorganized and not a serious threat without huge numbers. Commerce with Goblins is nearly non existant so goblins are mostly under humans radar.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

The goblins caught in the Color Spray need to make a Will save vs. DC 16. If they do not make the save, and are 2HD or less (most goblins) they will be is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. If the creature 3 or 4 HD they are blinded and stunned for 1 round as above, then stunned for 1 round. If they are 5 HD or more then they are stunned for a round.

The Burning Hands then does 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3 hp damage over the same area as the Color Spray spell.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Is there a maximum number that can be affected; I dont remember the particulars of the area and hit dice affected.

These are all one hit die or less

Gloisil Murigel wrote:

The goblins caught in the Color Spray need to make a Will save vs. DC 16. If they do not make the save, and are 2HD or less (most goblins) they will be is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. If the creature 3 or 4 HD they are blinded and stunned for 1 round as above, then stunned for 1 round. If they are 5 HD or more then they are stunned for a round.

The Burning Hands then does 2d4 hp damage over the same area as the Color Spray spell.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Sunset stays kneeling where she is towards the back, quickly re-drawing the string upon her x-bow, loading another bolt and taking aim at any Goblin she sees clearly.

Assuming Goblins do 'Punch through' into the holes in the line Sunset can then get a good attack option upon them. Should said Goblins then try to 'flank' the fighters, I do believe Sunset would get an AoO on them before said attack, since she is technically in a position to be flanking them. =)

Also, because of the time zone difference and shift work upon my end, don't fret rolling Sunset's attacks etc, Master DM. (^_^)


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3
Valegrim wrote:

Is there a maximum number that can be affected; I dont remember the particulars of the area and hit dice affected.

These are all one hit die or less

Gloisil Murigel wrote:

The goblins caught in the Color Spray need to make a Will save vs. DC 16. If they do not make the save, and are 2HD or less (most goblins) they will be is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. If the creature 3 or 4 HD they are blinded and stunned for 1 round as above, then stunned for 1 round. If they are 5 HD or more then they are stunned for a round.

The Burning Hands then does 2d4 hp damage over the same area as the Color Spray spell.

The area effected by both spells is a 15' cone eminating out from where Gloisil is standing. Hence the reason I wanted to be near the front, as I didn't want to catch any of my companions in the area of effect.

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

I'm back. The trip was... exceedingly boring.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

that sucks; to bad; well, welcome back and hope you at least got some good food.

Gyldyr wrote:
I'm back. The trip was... exceedingly boring.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

that works; you can also plug that space; <gm rolling>

the one right in front of you rolls a natural 20; lol; 3 goblins from their back rank fall over and you also get two rock/lumber lobbers.
The goblins next to one that saved; start laughing as the one that saved is all covered with blue, green, yellow, and red sand that sticks to him.

Gloisil Murigel wrote:
Valegrim wrote:

Is there a maximum number that can be affected; I dont remember the particulars of the area and hit dice affected.

These are all one hit die or less

Gloisil Murigel wrote:

The goblins caught in the Color Spray need to make a Will save vs. DC 16. If they do not make the save, and are 2HD or less (most goblins) they will be is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. If the creature 3 or 4 HD they are blinded and stunned for 1 round as above, then stunned for 1 round. If they are 5 HD or more then they are stunned for a round.

The Burning Hands then does 2d4 hp damage over the same area as the Color Spray spell.

The area effected by both spells is a 15' cone eminating out from where Gloisil is standing. Hence the reason I wanted to be near the front, as I didn't want to catch any of my companions in the area of effect.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Roll your 2d4 for the color spray duration and the 2d4 for the burning hands damage


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

After Gloisil's fire damage, am pretty sure we will be ready for round 3; any other round two actions?


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3
Valegrim wrote:
Roll your 2d4 for the color spray duration and the 2d4 for the burning hands damage

I had rolled the durations and damage in my previous post, but they were 4 rounds unconscious, blinded, and stunned. 1 round blinded and stunned. 1 round stunned. The burning hands did 3 hp damage.

ROUND 3 -

Gloisil once again says the words that trigger the wand in his hand, "Tempus Manus."

Gloisil once again casts Burning Hands. I goofed on the damage the wand did last round. I used my own caster level instead of the caster level of the wand, which is 5th. The damage for round 3 is 5d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 2, 2) = 10.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Round 3:

Sunset continues her inspiring tune,

Att Roll:1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 = 24

Crit Confirm:1d20 ⇒ 9

Dam Roll:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"I'll make a trophy out'a ya next time!"


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

sorry; i missed the fire damage; thanks for reposting it.

Gloisil Murigel wrote:
Valegrim wrote:
Roll your 2d4 for the color spray duration and the 2d4 for the burning hands damage

I had rolled the durations and damage in my previous post, but they were 4 rounds unconscious, blinded, and stunned. 1 round blinded and stunned. 1 round stunned. The burning hands did 3 hp damage.

ROUND 3 -

Gloisil once again says the words that trigger the wand in his hand, "Tempus Manus."

Gloisil once again casts Burning Hands. I goofed on the damage the wand did last round. I used my own caster level instead of the caster level of the wand, which is 5th. The damage for round 3 is 5d4.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Kurg hits a goblin for 10 points of damage
the Dwarf hits a goblin for 10 points of damage; sheesh dm is rolling hot.
Mox is still jabbering loudly in Goblineese and bits a goblin archer for 4 points of damage.

Kurg gets hit twice by goblins.
Dwarf gets hit once by goblins for 4 points.
Elsdyne gets hit for 3 points (crit no confirm)

from things thrown and shot.

Gyldyr take 3 from a sling stone.
Sunset gets a confirmed crit from a arrow in her leg; its still sticking there.
Gloisil get hit by a brick for 1 point of damage.
A ring of lumber and rocks land in a circle around the cleric who must be under special protections as the gm didnt even come close to hitting her; sheesh.

Gloisil; having burned some goblins last round; kills 6 goblins who leave the ash and char of their bodies on the stones before him.


F Half Elf Monk

Seeing her companions get hit by things, Desidera looked at everyone, and got ready to move to help, especially those that were in the front line. She did not want any of them falling, not at all. "Status!" she called, looking worriedly at Sunset especially. None of them seemed to be faltering, but she wanted to prevent any of that from happening.

She was at least pleased that she was remembering her spear training, though it was a bit difficult to maintain the defense, swatting the flying things out of the air was good practice. A small smile was on her face at that, but she would smile more once they had reached that patch of sunlight.


Fem Elf Bard 3

A'tually, t' be kind of honest, I in't sure how much damage has been done t' m'self at th' moment...>_>


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Sunset, I went back and counted and got the following: Round 1 - 2hp; round 2 - two hits, each 1 hp for 2hp total; round 3 - a confirmed critical, arrow sticking out of your leg, but our GM didn't list specify the amount of damage.

Gloisil in response to Desidera's query says, "Just a bruised shoulder!"

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

Gyldyr scowls. "As long as I can keep from being hit by the vermin, I'll be fine.


Male Human (Britonian/Azurin) Earthblood Knight/2

init:19, hP:30-5=25, AC:22+2 vs evil=24;

Elsdyn calls back to Desidera; I am well enough for the time being m'lady Desidera.

He strikes again at another goblin;

To hit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14


Fem Elf Bard 3

So, t'other than th' nasty bit o' wood stickin' out'a me thigh

"All's fine here!" Sunset reassures her friend, even as she takes aim and shoot another Goblin.

Att Roll:1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16

Dam Roll:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Round 4

Once again Gloisil shouts the words, "Tempus Manus!" and points his wand at another group of goblins.

Gloisil casts Burning Hands from his wand again. Damage: 5d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 2, 3) = 11. Reflex Save DC 15 for half damage.


Fem Elf Bard 3

Jus' bringin' th' post back towards th' front. (^_~)

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

Whose turn is it?


Fem Elf Bard 3

Um, Yerself, Desidera and Elsdyn would seem t' be the three t' have a go. (^_^)


F Half Elf Monk

Total Defense AC17
There was not much that she could do at the moment, other than make a difficult target of herself. That she did gladly, knowing that any attack that came to her was one less that would be targeting her friends. However, her strength was not in the combat, but the healing, and as such, she stayed where she could reach everyone if something untoward happened. That shaft of sunlight was a beacon to her, and Apollo willing, she would stand in it before the day's end.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

sorry; crit to Sunset's leg was a pathetic 2 points; sigh.

Gloisil Murigel wrote:

Sunset, I went back and counted and got the following: Round 1 - 2hp; round 2 - two hits, each 1 hp for 2hp total; round 3 - a confirmed critical, arrow sticking out of your leg, but our GM didn't list specify the amount of damage.

Gloisil in response to Desidera's query says, "Just a bruised shoulder!"


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

The party wails on the goblins as Kurg, the Dwarf and Elsdyn hold the line and hack apart 3 goblins, while Sunset kills a spearmen with a well placed shot while Gloisil plugs the lines only hole by incinerating 4 more goblins.....

I still need Gyldyr's action for this round (4) as well as Desideras.

Goblins

on hit on Kurg; 3 points;
two hits on the Dwarf; 2 and 3 points (not sure his damage so far)
on hit on Elysdyn; unconfirmed crit; 2 points
other sword slashes, attempts at clubbing and pokes with spears fail to hit.

Sling stone hits Gyldyr for 2
rock hits Gloisil for 1 point
rock hits Sunset for 1 and another for 1

several other rocks, slings stones and such land all around.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

I know were waiting for a couple of people to post for third round, but I thought I get my round 4 post out there.

Gloisil looks to see if he can spot a leader of this group of goblins to attack.

Spot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

If there is a leader within 40 feet, Gloisil will target him with a scorching ray spell.

Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7, Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 5, 1) = 16

Else, Gloisil will cast Burning Hands on another group of goblins in front of him.

Damage: 5d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 3, 4) = 17


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Gloisil can't see a leader type; but over the din of battle you realize that those gobs are still beating the drums and gongs and that can't be good; wont take long for more to arrive; maybe even behind you and you get swamped over....

Gloisil Murigel wrote:

I know were waiting for a couple of people to post for third round, but I thought I get my round 4 post out there.

Gloisil looks to see if he can spot a leader of this group of goblins to attack.

Spot: 1d20+6

If there is a leader within 40 feet, Gloisil will target him with a scorching ray spell.

Ranged touch attack: 1d20+3, Damage: 4d6

Else, Gloisil will cast Burning Hands on another group of goblins in front of him.

Damage: 5d4


Male Red headed something or other. Electronics Technician 7/Computer Programmer 8/Database Admin 5

Well if they're close enough, then maybe one of them getting charred will cause the others to quit playing their 'music'.

Valegrim wrote:

Gloisil can't see a leader type; but over the din of battle you realize that those gobs are still beating the drums and gongs and that can't be good; wont take long for more to arrive; maybe even behind you and you get swamped over....

Gloisil Murigel wrote:

I know were waiting for a couple of people to post for third round, but I thought I get my round 4 post out there.

Gloisil looks to see if he can spot a leader of this group of goblins to attack.

Spot: 1d20+6

If there is a leader within 40 feet, Gloisil will target him with a scorching ray spell.

Ranged touch attack: 1d20+3, Damage: 4d6

Else, Gloisil will cast Burning Hands on another group of goblins in front of him.

Damage: 5d4


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Could of sworn that I changed to the right alias on that last post, but perhaps I goofed again. That was a post for Gloisil.

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

Gyldyr casts Scorching Ray at the most intimidating-looking goblin within reach.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

The closest gong/drummer/horns are coming from the fortress to the right; other one you hear from the long hall; most of these goblins are from the strongpoint right here; maybe not to many left inside there and might be better than standing out in the open defensively...

Doug Greer wrote:

Well if they're close enough, then maybe one of them getting charred will cause the others to quit playing their 'music'.

Valegrim wrote:

Gloisil can't see a leader type; but over the din of battle you realize that those gobs are still beating the drums and gongs and that can't be good; wont take long for more to arrive; maybe even behind you and you get swamped over....

Gloisil Murigel wrote:

I know were waiting for a couple of people to post for third round, but I thought I get my round 4 post out there.

Gloisil looks to see if he can spot a leader of this group of goblins to attack.

Spot: 1d20+6

If there is a leader within 40 feet, Gloisil will target him with a scorching ray spell.

Ranged touch attack: 1d20+3, Damage: 4d6

Else, Gloisil will cast Burning Hands on another group of goblins in front of him.

Damage: 5d4


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

iti is the numbers of archers, slingers and throwers that is bolstering the goblin numbers; that would be a good target; need you to make a roll to hit with scorching ray.

Gyldyr wrote:
Gyldyr casts Scorching Ray at the most intimidating-looking goblin within reach.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil will then target one of the archers with his Scorching Ray spell.

"Looks as if most of these goblins came from the strong point. Perhaps if we can take the strong point over, we can hold off these goblins and be in a better defensive position!", Gloisil shouts to his companions.

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male Human (Britonian/Azurin) Earthblood Knight/2

init:19, hP:30-7=23, AC:22+2 vs evil=24

As he continues to fight
To hit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14
hmm to confirm 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 = 28

Elsdyn will survey the scene as much as he can while fighting. Judging numbers, position and distance to the fortress.

"While we may be able to defend better from that place, remember that the dwarfs once held that fortress and it fell before the goblin might. If thy choice is still that direction, hath anyone a means to clear a way, hide us from or confuse our opposition granting us a short respite to head there?"

note that I was under the impression we had been taking 5' steps backwards toward the narrowing of hallway, this is not the case?

edit...that had to hurt


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Damage please..

Gyldyr wrote:
1d20+4


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

it is advisable that you not keep 5' stepping down this hallway as the man/elf/goblin eating spiders are behind you as well as another unproctected hall; the one you came down.

in your estimation; goblins arent historically that smart and dont work well with each other; so while they wont give up looking for you; standing out in the open is not really a good idea; perhaps in the fortress or somewhere else; they would have to at least split up to look for you. The situation your in not is not sustainable by your warrior training as forces will just keep amassing in front of you and adventually run around and flank you.

You begin to realize; while the dwarves were much finer and better equipt warriors; the shear numbers of bloodthristy gobins must have overwhelmed them and somebody aught to stop that goblin banging on the gong and blowing horns <gm checking every round to see who else hears it>

Elsdyn Fedwick wrote:

init:19, hP:30-7=23, AC:22+2 vs evil=24

As he continues to fight
To hit: 1d20 + 7 + 1
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1
hmm to confirm 1d20+7+1

Elsdyn will survey the scene as much as he can while fighting. Judging numbers, position and distance to the fortress.

"While we may be able to defend better from that place, remember that the dwarfs once held that fortress and it fell before the goblin might. If thy choice is still that direction, hath anyone a means to clear a way, hide us from or confuse our opposition granting us a short respite to head there?"

note that I was under the impression we had been taking 5' steps backwards toward the narrowing of hallway, this is not the case?

edit...that had to hurt


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

the goblins look very restless....waiting Glydyr's damage

Silver Crusade

m drow Ranger 1

Sorry.

4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 6, 2) = 17


Male Human (Britonian/Azurin) Earthblood Knight/2
Valegrim wrote:

it is advisable that you not keep 5' stepping down this hallway as the man/elf/goblin eating spiders are behind you as well as another unproctected hall; the one you came down...

Okay. Still need to know, as much as I can from where I am, how far the fortress is, goblins in the path and anything else about the route as well as the players answer to my question about distraction/cover. I presume neither of the gongs/goblins are visible from where we are?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

by my calculations the party, excepting the goblin with you, is back down the smaller hallway with the T intersection that has one going into a webbed area and the other down the hall with all the crafter shops.

to your left and right behind you are several ruined houses build into the walls, lookes like they housed military families of Dwarven Regulars; low grade foot troops.

You cannot currently see the fortress; but you did at one time; it is to the right and extends floor to ceiling; looks like it has three levels and is a bit like a step pyramid but only has a front facing; the rest set into stone. From each of the three levels, various war machines could be fired as well as crenalations for dwarven crossbows.

There is a central stair from the floor to the upper ceiling; intersecting each levels walls with a great strong gate; each section gate has been smashed and are only propped up now as goblins are fairly lazy and didnt bother fixing it up. By your estimation; probably trolls mashed the gates; but you dont smell any spoor or see any other scratch marks and all the goblins havent been eatin so doubtful there is any trolls left here.

The fortress is solid stone excepting a very few items of wood other than the war machines; most, perhaps all which may be broken. All three levels of the stair show great burn marks; looks like flaming oil or some such flowed out of buttrresses and figurines to burn oncoming enemies. No burned bodies still exist; the smell of the burn is barely perceptable so probably happend many months to a couple years ago.

There seems to be two gongs coming from the Fortress; the first apparently on the first level; the second from higher up; the first level gong started first; a few rounds later; the second gong.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Glydyr vaporizes a goblin, with this and all the other gratuitous violenced handed out by the party; the goblin nerve breaks and they flee.

all those in contact with a fleeing goblin or as applicable by any special feats; may take their attacks of oppurtinity.


Male Gnome Sorcerer 3

Gloisil statnding just behind the front line formed by his companions, breathes a slight sigh of relief as the goblin ranks begin to falter and retreat.

He will at this point put away his wand and ready his crossbow, in case there is a lingering or hidden goblin somewhere that needs a new hole pierced in it.

"Well which way now, anyone have any thoughts."


F Half Elf Monk

Desidera was looking over the others, and examining their wounds in the respite that they had for now, though every spare second she had, she cast a longing glance at that shaft of sunlight. "This is not the time to play 'hero'", she stated, looking towards the goblins again. "If you're hurt, say so."

While she worked, tying wounds with deft hands, fingers smearing ointment neatly, she looked to Gloisil. "I wish to be in that shaft of sunlight."

2,051 to 2,100 of 2,640 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valgrymr's Homebrew Two All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.