Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Valgrymr's Homebrew.

Game Master Valegrim

Lost in the Winter wild with hordes of ghouls, gnolls and Giant Kin on a rampage joined by other agents of chaos. Band of Northmen freedom fighters seek to survive and save their clans.


6,701 to 6,750 of 6,952 << first < prev | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | next > last >>

Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter 8th Level (Dwarf Variant)

Anyone Home? Every seems frozen in time or something. I have checked back almost every 2 - 3 days and No one has posted. weird.


Ohmygosh, I'm so !@#$%-in flustered with the start of the new year this thread almost completely fell off my radar! Sorry!

Um, Happy New Year?! :D


That's why I posted, to poke it to see if there was still life in it.


Male Drow 5th lvl Fighter/2 Order of the Bow (Crossbow) Initiate

Still here. Was just crazy busy with work the last couple of weeks. Oh and finally updated my character =/


M Human (Greek) Paladin of Athena 5 7/ Knight of Athens 4 6

Yeah will finish updating today


I'll get the cat up to speed. :/


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter 8th Level (Dwarf Variant)

Same here. Thank you Fox for poking everyone. Now wheres that Crazy eyed DM.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

ok; got my head out and am tuned in.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

did everyone get their characters updates done; ready to go; this is the description of setting for the next sequence; basically the party is at the bottom of a arched stair that goes into the ritual chamber; what is the parties plan of action?

also, you may wish to go back a page and read the narrative interlude.

Valegrim wrote:

ok; when you round the corner and look; or anyone does.

the first thing you notice is that this room is really really hot, the smell of brimstone <sulphur> is prevalent. This 300' diameter room is conical like a step flowerpot, but inverted where the large opening is at the bottom. The very bottom level below you is a lake of lava, swirling in bright and dark masses. The step walls are each 20' high to the next level; each level is an open gallery where hundreds of snakemen who look very human, but your eleven eyes can pick out their reptilian nature. So, with 6 levels, you quickly guess about 1000 snakemen, wearing red and black robes with mystic snake symbolsw, all chanting some dark rite. You are at the base of what perhaps amounts to a leg of a table; but instead of a leg; it is a stone archway that leads up the the central table top. This tabletop has four such stone archways, much like legs that lead up to the tabletop; you are at one corner on one leg.

up on the table top itself you notice a central feature. There is a large 40' central circle cut out of the stone and there are six grotesque sculpted arms that are evenly spaced around the central circle. Each of these arms has a large metalish circle on which attached is a great mystical chain. To these six chains are affixed a very beautiful, yet distraught, 25' tall woman. The aura around her tells you that this is indeed the goddess you are looking for....

The room is both dark and bright; shadows abound and there is some murk hanging in the air. From the arms to which are attached the chains, there is also swirls of magic power and at random intervals; black lightening strikes the goddess and she squirms in agony shaking the chains; massive chains even a peronage of her stature cannot break.

roll perception to notice other things.

Llvenoc wrote:
Seeing that everything has been turned around I move into the main chamber looking for the best path to get to the Earth Godess.


OK, I think we are fleeing the collapsing tunnel and up the ramp to where we think the primary spellcaster and his underlings are working their terrible spell.

Unfortunately, even with the bump in level, I don't have a lot of great area effect spells. Hail of Stone will get the attention of a few, though.

mindlink "Casters, can we coordinate? Most of my spells focus on single enemies, but I have one that will rain down stone on an area. Let us center our efforts on the leaders!"


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

which book is Hall of Stone in so I can read it; dont know it right off


Male Drow 5th lvl Fighter/2 Order of the Bow (Crossbow) Initiate

I start moving up the ramp. Figure any who try to intercept us are the ones we need to kill. Those who see and do nothing are committed to the ritual and we shouldn't screw with.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

what speed are you moving?


Male Drow 5th lvl Fighter/2 Order of the Bow (Crossbow) Initiate

6" so slow for me, normal for a Dwarf.


"Stay with the elf! We need to make sure he reaches his objective!"

Is that also halfling speed?

Valegrim:
I am in another game with Kevin Mack (Nebbibit) and let him know that we were starting to get rolling again. I don't know how to get a hold of Oti (Caerwyn Dom). Hope that's cool with you.


Male Drow 5th lvl Fighter/2 Order of the Bow (Crossbow) Initiate

Its Stout speed, slow for Tall Fellow.


Hmm, I didn't take the differences into account when I built the character. I think I would have to say I'm probably a Stout. Seems wrong for a widdle girl to say that, though.


Male Drow 5th lvl Fighter/2 Order of the Bow (Crossbow) Initiate

[ooc Lol calling a woman stout, or a tallfellow is a loose/loose no matter how you look at it. [/ooc]


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Cool; thanks for helping in the round up of getting things moving after the holidays

Fox of Silver wrote:

"Stay with the elf! We need to make sure he reaches his objective!"

Is that also halfling speed?

** spoiler omitted **


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

unless your impersonating a beer hehe

Fox of Silver wrote:
Hmm, I didn't take the differences into account when I built the character. I think I would have to say I'm probably a Stout. Seems wrong for a widdle girl to say that, though.


Ouch! Leave the puns to the professionals Vale! ;) Heheh


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Ok; lets start with some initiative rolls for action; this aught to be like a big swirly


Llvenoc wrote:
Lol calling a woman stout, or a tallfellow is a loose/loose no matter how you look at it.

I know, right? ;-)


Valegrim wrote:
Ok; lets start with some initiative rolls for action; this aught to be like a big swirly

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Drow 5th lvl Fighter/2 Order of the Bow (Crossbow) Initiate

Init Test d20=19+7=26 Hope I am not burning my good rolls early.


Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Llivenoc wrote:
Hope I am not burning my good rolls early.

I know, right?!? ;P

If I roll again and confirm the crit on Init, does that mean I go first? ;)


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

lol; no, no crits on inits in this game; though same game systems have a rule that if you roll maxe you roll again and keep rolling as long as you max which is kinda neat.


M Human (Greek) Paladin of Athena 5 7/ Knight of Athens 4 6

Quick question, do all previous long term bonuses stand? Do I still have the temorary levels and bonuses active in addition to the level I just gained?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

yes


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

is that everyones init?


M Human (Greek) Paladin of Athena 5 7/ Knight of Athens 4 6

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

so we are just waiting for Kojan's init I think; will give it another day


Re-re-dot!


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Ok; last we left off; interepid adventurers were about to mount an attack from the newly carved snake tunnel into a near infernal pit of fire. The heat that blasts the party is immense, without some type of heat protections, not many can last long on this platform above an inferno filled with liquid fire; yes, lava, and in the lava swims several creatues; both fire snakes and salamanders.

A heavy presence fills the air, the unholy hissed chanting of hundreds of snakeman that ring the chamber on six levels concentric rings; their reptilian bodies giving off an hair raising scent of death and inhuman morbidity.

Central to the chamber bound with mystic chains is a giant woman of undescribable beauty and generous proportion, a vast sense of age as that of the earth itself comes from her and the youth of spring dances across her features even as the fury of winter from her stare is leveled against her captures.

Yet, just a powerful and maelevolant beyond description is the presence of one or more snake gods channeled from the chanting devotions of their faithful. An etheral glowing snake head of giant proportions hand in the air; its questing tounge lapping at the Earth Goddess and its solemn stair seeks only the anticipation of a divine meal.

The party rushes up the steps; each to thier own skills and heroic design; as the crest the stone arch which continues to the main chamber; the unholy forces directing the chants and wielding the power of the ritual of divine destruction. There are four partial arches of abyssal stone which are bound the mystic chains that bind the Earth Mother. Between each of these curved pillars is a group directing the ritual. To your right is a group of the walking dead, a master vampire, a few other vampires, and spread out among several warrior thralls. to the left are robed, pureblood ophidians that look frighteningly human but with snakelike features; among them are numerouls slaves kneeling naked with bright red collars and unholy script written upon their bodies; among them are several Abominations awaiting the commands to begin the slaughter of blood for the Snake God to manifest. Across the way can be seen the perhaps the most vile of enemies, five mind flayers and one Hive master; with them are a few mind slaves altered by mad surgery. Opposite them and the other far side are horrific beasts that can only be demonic in origin, a powerful looking armored Cambion with two heavily armored figures and a robed dark elf Wizard, an arch magus to be sure. The Cambion channels the power, the two anti paladins are holding up their unholy symbols of power in some ritual while the dark elf wizard conjures with staff and rod. Another figure is in a background but somewhat hidden in the abyssal gloom that pervades that area and hidden behind on open gate way that shines from the power the Cambion is drawing from it. One thing can be noted sure as lava is hot; there is a long red two handed sword hanging in the air point down about 15 foot over the figure is gloom.

---------------

ok; lets start by iniative; actions will take place generally with fast range attacks happening first and then those who close in melee.

Llvenoc; you see two close by options close at hand unless you can fly or get thrown somehow; the left are right half arches with the mystic chains; in your estimation; breaking a chain at the arch would be pointless; with a quick calculation; you guess you should probably staddle, stand or hold on the the 25' tall goddess and break the chains upon her if you can, but then you hazard the fall afterwards into the lava unless you can spring back onto an arch; you doubt a earth goddess can be hurt my mundane lava; but who knows. so; if you follow this which I beleive was your plan; you must choose one of the four routes; the vampires or snakemens are closest.

Fox and Kemnebi; you can see something is mystically going wrong; off balance an some other presence is intruding upon the ritual. The magical power in the area just leaking out hightens your abilities much like a potion o heroism; you both can act as caster 2 levels higher from this position; in the center of the room; add two more levels; near the gate; 2 more levels. This magical power is dark and evil; each of you gain 1 point of corruption. You may of course seek to push away and reject this power and try to halt anymore corruptions; but you would have to reject all of your power in this battle with total commitmant; this would require a high dc willpower roll.

Nebebit and Astinos; the divine power in this room is staggering. The power wafing off the snake god directed at the earth goddess and her furious directed power back at him; it is obvious that very soon; she will loose this battle of wills unless help arrives, yet, that is not what bothers you. It is the sheer wrongness of the power coming from both the Cambion led team and the Hive Master, it is the power of the Elder Gods; the Old ones; they are trying to summon something beyond description; perhaps some long forgotten General of these ancient enemies. Their summoning will probably take another turn by your best guesses as the skill of the Hive Master and the Drow Priest seems to exceed the Master Vampire's group combined with the Pureblood snakes. Not doing anything is bad, yet disrupting this balance is bad, consider and choose.

Kosan, lucky day; a target rich environment :

------------

ok; lets go; by inits.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

hehe post monster tried to eat my post; but I outwitted him.


Female Drow arcane/divine/mentalist

the Jewel runs up the arch with the party; takes a look and stops dumbfounded; a rare moment indeed and says in a normal voice

<b> OH NO, It's my Father! </b>

the louder
<b> OH Goddess have mercy, it all of them; the Four Horsemen <b>

you cant help but look where she stares; and in the eyes of the Drow Wizard/Priest; you see sheer maddness and upon his face; a new smile.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Fox, your mask stirs as it absorbs more information that you can process, but doesnt interupt you. You are certain that the Emperor would be interesting in what is going on here and if you need allies; you could probaby send some...

Nebebit and Kemnebi, you notice that the Ancient Mummy Lord with you is clutching in his hand a symbol of power; a True Ahnk and both of you believe the the blast of power that will come from it will light up this area like the sun come to earth, that or open and pour forth his troops; in the stories from your childhoods both these activities as well are raising the dead and breaking ancient curses are possible with an True Ahnk. Being dead so long; he probably just uses it as a holy symbol for casting; you may want to remind him as this battle is for all the marbles.

Astinos; fighting directly for a goddess of your pantheon has moved your courage to unbeakable; even by magic or direct god power of opposed dieties; your presence aura will encompass the party in this activity no matter how far they are from you as long as they hold true to the purpose of this quest.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

did I forget anyone; not intentional to be sure.


Male Drow 5th lvl Fighter/2 Order of the Bow (Crossbow) Initiate

There is no good path for me to take. I came to terms with my death when I accepted this quest on the Temple Mount of the Sun God. I plan on taking the path closer to the Vampires. Happy I took the advice of the Watcher back in the Under City. Three days of garlic in my blood I hope is enough of a ward. I know I am no match for the Snakemens ferocity.

Our lives mean nothing if we fail. To many have been sacrificed to get us this far. Success in freeing the Earth Mother is the only tribute worthy enough for those who got us this far. June, Decidio, Namaste, and so many others....

If we live I will worry then which Demons and Dark Elf Noble I made enemies of, and if I know them. Remember more than one occasion sitting across the dinner table and sharing meals with such creatures.

While not the most chivalrous I will stand on the Earth Mother, and try to release the chains that way. Using fresh earth I carried with me first. If that doesn't work then I will use the Unweave. I will take my chances jumping after.

Over the Mindlink: "I need some protection vs the heat or I won't last long enough to get to her much less free her."

Using The Blessing of the Spider Queen, I active my Mirror Image, and slam a clip of magical bolts into my handcrossbow. I move down the Vampires side. If I can avoid combat I will. Only shooting those that try to impede me from my destination. Preferring that our fighters will engage loose threats in combat.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Llvenoc; I need to know what speed your moving and how many feet that will be; ie tactical walk to outright sprint.


Female Drow arcane/divine/mentalist

"protection from Fire; no problem betrothed; you got it"
she nods and wisp yellow and red sparkles surround you and everyone close to you and her which includes the party.


Female Drow arcane/divine/mentalist

simultaneously she casts a spell from a wand the boosts your dexterity by +4; she looks like she was set to do this, the wand is has all kinds of spider engravings upon it. Strangely you feel more acutley aware; like this not the spell Fox Blessing; but some kind of spider blessing as your perceptios increase by +2 an your feet and hands tingle.


Male Drow 5th lvl Fighter/2 Order of the Bow (Crossbow) Initiate

I will move at a tactical walk. Base speed is 30 Remembering what I saw during the Blood Bowl match I hang back til my blockers make a hole for me then use my speed to punch through.

As I feel the magic wash over me I smile knowing my Hope is with me. We can not fail.

As I move forward I sing a song in ancient drow thanking my Patron for the blessings she chose to bestow upon me. Live or Die, the song is in praise of her. I begin my dance.


",...Wow,..."

Kemnebi's eyes, (that you didn't think could get any wider than they did when he was briefly reunited with June) are saucer sized now, giving him the look of a kitten playing dress up.

He looks around, abominations on one side, snake creatures on the other, vampires ahead, and dark elves and demons straight across. He blinks and takes deep breath, smelling the power here. He bares his teeth in a feral grin.

'This is wrong! So much power! And some so vilely conjured,... it shouldn't be able to all coexist! It's the very definition of 'chaos'. We might not have to defeat all of these creatures,... If we disrupt the casting of the right group or groups, the feedback should destroy the others. IF we disrupt the wrong ones, the feedback could backfire on us! Which ones,..?'

K:Arcana, K:Planes, K:Religion, Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 251d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 171d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 191d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

His feral grin turns almost disturbing as he feels the coils of power manifesting around him. His thoughts leak through,...

'So much power, must be careful. The Taint,... but you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs,...'


Fox makes sure her mask continues 'broadcasting' what is occurring to those that can see through her eyes. "Emperor, we see the goddess. The forces arrayed here are formidable."

Mindlink "Casters, Llvenoc is going right. We need to help him push through to the right or inhibit the pursuers from the left! What do you have, we need to coordinate!"


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Kemnembi

Spoiler:

The main battle of magical wills and ritual seems to be between the dark elf and the lizard mage; the dark elf is winning; the master vampire is loosing slightly to the Hive Master, but they are nearly equal. Something outside normal perception is stirring in the lava below; the magic from it is enormous; the focus of the snake god apparition is total on the goddess as she to resist his will; the snake ritual is to break/drain her will/resistance so the snake god can consume her totally. She is loosing and you doubt she can stand this for much longer; your judging by the corona that has not yet quite engulfed her; it is about 70 percent.

Kemnebi 'Djal Ibenbast' wrote:

",...Wow,..."

Kemnebi's eyes, (that you didn't think could get any wider than they did when he was briefly reunited with June) are saucer sized now, giving him the look of a kitten playing dress up.

He looks around, abominations on one side, snake creatures on the other, vampires ahead, and dark elves and demons straight across. He blinks and takes deep breath, smelling the power here. He bares his teeth in a feral grin.

'This is wrong! So much power! And some so vilely conjured,... it shouldn't be able to all coexist! It's the very definition of 'chaos'. We might not have to defeat all of these creatures,... If we disrupt the casting of the right group or groups, the feedback should destroy the others. IF we disrupt the wrong ones, the feedback could backfire on us! Which ones,..?'

K:Arcana, K:Planes, K:Religion, Spellcraft: 1d20+16; 1d20+16; 1d20+10; 1d20+18

His feral grin turns almost disturbing as he feels the coils of power manifesting around him. His thoughts leak through,...

'So much power, must be careful. The Taint,... but you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs,...'


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Fox

Spoiler:

a Gnome Wizard chimes in throug your connection to the Imperial Orb and your mask; causing a bit of feedback and there is a lot of interference and blurring; but the message is clear.

"Tarnation; there is a heckava lot of magical interference; we can't teleport to help you, that whole area is blocked; their is a war going on up on the surface as well and your all kinds of close to the pit of damnation. I will see whom I can send and how; but right now the Imperial forces in the South are having their first full clash at the snakemen and ghouls so everybody is swamped; keep a lid on best you can; am trying to contact Ariel and she if she can help; Magus Hava Gooday; out"


M Human (Greek) Paladin of Athena 5 7/ Knight of Athens 4 6

Astinos stands perfectly still for a second, but as the wave of crushing darkness washes over him his eyes shift to the goddess, glorious and beautiful even at her most vulnerable and his aura seems to pulse, expanding to fill the entire area, his person actually glowing as he takes hold of the divive wrath of his battle fury.

"They all need to be disrupted, Nebebit the undead are yours, the demons are mine, we fight until she'd free or until we fall!"


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

The three vampires upon seeing the part react and together activate some item that within seconds causes a thrall to explode and a Superghoul to take his place; this ghoul is like no other you have seen; hunger reeks off it it as licks the last drops of the blood of the thrall from its fingers. The ghoul is covered in boney ridges and the age of the creature astounds you; its armor like none you have ever seen.

The mummy priest with you lifts his true Anhk and calls upon the power of his dieites; many rays shine forth from the Anhk some striking human thralls and knocking them down; one touches upon a lesser vampire which breifly flames and turns to dust; but the SGhoul raises forth his hand and a nether black cloud of pure channeled death meets the pure light and they cancel each other out; will vs will he ghould and mummy struggle to push the power of their channeled dieties into eaches party. It would be foolish to break the beams and even more foolish to come near the black pool of death.

The Abominations race forward to meet the party; but they are some distance and thier bulky frames where built for power and endurance, not speed; they are still some 40ft away.

The lesser mind flayers begin a summoning ritual of their own and the four magus/priests from each side continue their stuggle of domination.

The thralls and ghouls loose iniative this round as the survivors jump back behind the SGhoul for protection from the searing light of the Ankh

this is an exremely evil sactified area; all turning from Good aligned priestly persons will be at a -3; neutrals unaffected; and evil at +3

at this time the party can advance either to he snakemen or the undead or split in two and go both directions; but no one is in melee range to move and attack. depending which way the party goes; those who can may make move action and turn or shoot/throw.

Astinos; to get to the demons; until they fly over here; you will have to go through either the snakes which are the largest contingent; or the undead and mind flayers.

In each corner you can see another hump much like the one you are on predisposing that there are three more entrances.


Male Drow 5th lvl Fighter/2 Order of the Bow (Crossbow) Initiate

I watch as a hole is formed by the searing light from the Anhk.

"We gotta move now! For the Earth Mother!"

I make my push toward the Vampires lines avoiding the beams of light and dark. I just our fighters are with me or this will be over quick.

6,701 to 6,750 of 6,952 << first < prev | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valgrymr's Homebrew. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.