Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Valgrymr's Homebrew.

Game Master Valegrim

Lost in the Winter wild with hordes of ghouls, gnolls and Giant Kin on a rampage joined by other agents of chaos. Band of Northmen freedom fighters seek to survive and save their clans.


451 to 500 of 6,952 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

F Elf Druid 5th

I look at Eruanna back away and say just above a whisper to her "It'll be OK girl." To those nearest me, still quietly "This feels off. We should head her warnings," motioning towards Eruanna, "is there anyone in this group who can check for traps?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

"Aye then Lshay, cast ye magics. I'll certainly be knowin' if'n ye be tryin' to use yer wiles against me. I don't think ye'd be tryin' at a time like this though" the dwarf says, smiling at the feys attempted taunt despite himself.

"AS fer knocking, I plan to do just that. Only a might more forcefully than would be considered normal. Call me paranoid but there's somethin' about this place and the welcomin' we recieved on the beach what makes me think nothin' friendly's comin' outa this shack."

He hefts his masterwork mace and readies his shield having finished the incantation to Moradin that would protect him from poisons. He looks one last time at his companions to see if they have any objections before he opens the door. When Caran speaks up about the trap finding he stops moving forward and nods thoughtfully. Maybe the elf would know something about that kind of detail.


Male Changeling (looking like an Elf) 5 Rogue 1 Fighter

Well yes that IS may specialty. Trap finding that is. Let me look at that door, and the surrounding area all three dimensions. Some people have it so after a certain point is when the trap will be sprung from behind you. Caran if you would pleas take over my spot just in case some thing rushes out of the door while I am looking. I approach the area pulling out various tools from different pockets and begin looking around the area for traps Search 28=12+16. If I find any my disable devise check 29=12+14+3 from picks.


I shall cast detect magic and attempt to avoid getting any other party members within the area of effect. If I can cast from the air with ease I shall, if that makes casting difficult I shall do it from the rear of the building.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

you don't have to try and avoid us with detect magic if you don't want. As a pure game mechanic it doesn't do anything to us specifically. As a rolpelay situation, Erkholt can cast this one himself and will know you aren't trying to "Use your fey charms" against him. :)


I didn't want to snoop. Your characters are your characters.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

ok; at the first building; the door is held by a simple latch; not even locked; looks well used and weathered; no traps are found.

the paladin is back with boat; Gaius is defending the elf/druid and wont go in the building unless she decides to so; guess that leaves the intrepid dwarf to enter. What is the duration of the two spells; detect magic and slow poison please.

the door opens easily to a one room house; there is a shell curtain over one area that has a sleeping mat; the house looks untouched; even food in the bowls at the tables are dried and rotted as is the people just left and took nothing or dissappeared somehow; nothing is distrubed; no evidence of obvious foul play; your armored feet fairly thunder on the raised wooden floor in constrast to the sad stillness within this abandoned home.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

two sailors go in with Erkholt; look around from the door and make warding signs against evil upon themselves and then go back outside; the nervous level of the apparently supersticious sailors increases; the wolf still whines a bit and paces back and forth and gives a small bark toward the center of town, ears flat.


Detect Magic has a range of 60', cone shaped, duration of 1 minute per level, so 3 minutes provide I continue to concentrate; also picks up lingering magic.....Faint 1d6 rounds, Moderate 1d6 minutes, Strong 1d6x10 minutes, Overwhelming 1d6 days. I will continue to concentrate until someone or something breaks it. Depending upon how you do spells in your campaign, I will plan on walking to the next location the dwarf vists and continue to exercise the spell, maintaining concentration as I do so.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

What the cute little fey sees with her magic vision :)

Spoiler:

unless your purposefully avoiding looking at party members; you see any magic items they have exposed and any spells they currently have active or are active on the party. You also see a very faint dweomer on the wolf with threads going back to the druid. You dont see any magic on the building; if you go inside; let me know.

Curiously; you see a very faint glimmer of alteration and enchantment magic in the wind; everywhere; everyone is breathing it; it pervades everythings; it has a foul sort of look; you see that the dwarf with his natural resistance to magic; his devotion to his diety; and the slow poison is most resistant and the stuff doesnt really invade him; but Thoronhen; seems most seeped in the stuff....remember; this is very faint and subtle; you doubt that short term exposure will do much as it is very weak....


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

Delay poison has a duration of 1 hour per level (5 hours for me). During this time poisons that enter my body cannot effect me until the spell ends. In my home game we interpret that as poisons entering after the spell is cast pretty much can't affect me, however if it's cast after the poison is in the system then it affects at the end of the duration. You may play it differently in your game Val so totally your call.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

so; what does the party do at this point?


"Tis seems the building is free of enchantments yet I detect a lingering foulness in the air itself. I say knock three times and if no one be home then enter. If someone opens the door, I'll tell i'm it was your idea" (speaking to no-one specific but to the group in general).

I will then flitter straight above the door to watch the action.


F Elf Druid 5th
Valegrim wrote:

nothing seen out of the ordinary; see earlier descriptions; though near the center of town there tools to be two strange flowers with thick stems in sprouting up from the sand near a building; wierd; they look out of place; every other outside plant and flower is long gone wild or dead from neglect; these two are disturbing to you and not very obvious; good roll.

Caran Lith Draug wrote:

I too search to see what I can without getting in others way and being cautious.

Spot 30 = Roll of 15 + 15 skill (= 8 + 3 + 4)

"There are some odd plants in the center of the town that seem out of place. We should check them out." I start to get close to the plants but try to keep a relative distance for safety. "Anyone else here know much of Nature or Plants that can help?" To Eruanna "Come girl".

Search 24 = Roll of 20 + +4 (int)
Knowledge Nature 21 = Roll of 5 + 16 skill (= 8 + 4 + 4)
Survival 33/35 = Roll of 20 + 13/15 skill [= 8 + 3 + 2 + 2 (aboveground natural)]
Heal 18 = Roll of 7 + 11 skill [= 8 + 3 (in case I need it)]


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

Seeing the home is empty, Erkholt gives it a cursory search Search (1d20+1=20) before leaving.

As he walks out of the little sea hut, he gives the sailors a measured look and says "Buck up me boyos, 'tis nothin te be scared of here at least, though I'm guessin' someat bad happened no so long ago"

As the druid states her intention to search closer to the centre of town, Erkholt joins her. He walk's slightly to the front and right of her keeping his eyes open for trouble. He calls back to the others

"Come on you two, we'll ne yer eyes ThoronHen and your spell craft Lshay ifn' we're to work out what in Moradin's Beard hapened here"

Spot, Search (1d20+3=20, 1d20+1=6) The spot is for ....things that go bump in the dark I guess. The search is just a general look around for clues as to what happened. Though according to this roll I'm basically caught gazing at my navel.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Carans information about the two plants.

Spoiler:

you begin to move closer and get a good look at them; the plants turn to orient right toward you; they sure are strange looking; not much like plants that you know of; wierd; I have you now about 100ft from the party; about 100ft from the two plants; they look like a bit like sunflowerers; the stalks are heavy with cream colored bark or outer shell, segmented; the stalk is perhaps 2' high; the flower is about 1ft around and milky white with some black pods.

maybe; some version of Venus Flytrap or such; but nobody has ever mentioned anything like this; definately not a plant like a roper or treant or something or even a yellow musk creeper. Also; its in the sand; there is little or not grass even nearby; wierd; not many plants could take the salt water and the lack of nutrients that sand provides; maybe this plant gets nutrients from trapping animals; just a guess on your part; certainly is suspicous and weird.

Caran Lith Draug wrote:
Valegrim wrote:

nothing seen out of the ordinary; see earlier descriptions; though near the center of town there tools to be two strange flowers with thick stems in sprouting up from the sand near a building; wierd; they look out of place; every other outside plant and flower is long gone wild or dead from neglect; these two are disturbing to you and not very obvious; good roll.

Caran Lith Draug wrote:

I too search to see what I can without getting in others way and being cautious.

Spot 30 = Roll of 15 + 15 skill (= 8 + 3 + 4)

"There are some odd plants in the center of the town that seem out of place. We should check them out." I start to get close to the plants but try to keep a relative distance for safety. "Anyone else here know much of Nature or Plants that can help?" To Eruanna "Come girl".

Search 24 = Roll of 20 + +4 (int)
Knowledge Nature 21 = Roll of 5 + 16 skill (= 8 + 4 + 4)
Survival 33/35 = Roll of 20 + 13/15 skill [= 8 + 3 + 2 + 2 (aboveground natural)]
Heal 18 = Roll of 7 + 11 skill [= 8 + 3 (in case I need it)]


F Elf Druid 5th

I wait for others to come nearer, I do not get much closer to the plants and I have Eruanna stay near me with a hand gesture.

To those near me I say "I have never seen or heard of anything like these plants. Most plants can not survive in salt water and sand. These may trap and sustain from animals, but I am not sure."

I continue to study them for the moment from afar wishing I had paper and coal to document the info and try to memorize what I can of them to ask about to others later.

I look briefly about and when I see the fey near enough I say to her "You may want to stay back from these plants, I fear they may do you harm." I pause and add "Have you ever seen anything like them or know anything about them?"


Male Changeling (looking like an Elf) 5 Rogue 1 Fighter

I go back and pick up my crossbow then head over to where Caran and Erkholt are and see what I can see. spot 30=19+11 search 24=12+12 I also try to listen to what is happening. listen 24=13+11


Is my Detect Magic still available? If so, I would like to move just close enough to encompass the plants, though if possible I'd like to remain in the air. I will not fly directly overhead however.

If the Detect Magic is no longer available I will rely upon my Knowledge skill (nature) and attempt to discern worthy fact of the plant in question.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

The plants are not magical; and they are unfamiliar to you also;
thoron; you see nothing noteworthy; like how bad can two small flowers in the middle of a sandy beach be anyway :)

keep in mind; the sailors and cleric are still back at the first house; you guys are another 5 houses past that into the village; same sense of creepiness at its vacancy pervades the senses and the still silence that bodes sudden violence for the unwary; its a mystery. The sailors look very uncomfortable and talk among themselves as if the place was cursed.

Those looking at the two plant oddities; are between 50 and 60 ft from it; nothing else moving is seen around town at this current time. You notice that all the doors are closes; it seems wierd that none are open or flapping; all the windows are shuddered also. hmm.


Do we notice if things (anything) is tied down, such as to avoid loss from a storm?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

you see things on porches blown over; pots; plants; chairs things of that nature; anthing outside is in dissarray due to wind and weather; though one porch on the other side of the village seems to have it chairs intact and upright; though it is a bit far away (300ft) to see any details.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

Think you may have missed this one Vale. I posted it yesterday and you did the whole ninja post on me :)
I assumed 'd already opoened the house from your email.
Pasted my post below for you again.

Seeing the home is empty, Erkholt gives it a cursory search Search (1d20+1=20) before leaving.

As he walks out of the little sea hut, he gives the sailors a measured look and says "Buck up me boyos, 'tis nothin te be scared of here at least, though I'm guessin' someat bad happened no so long ago"

As the druid states her intention to search closer to the centre of town, Erkholt joins her. He walk's slightly to the front and right of her keeping his eyes open for trouble. He calls back to the others

"Come on you two, we'll ne yer eyes ThoronHen and your spell craft Lshay ifn' we're to work out what in Moradin's Beard hapened here"

Spot, Search (1d20+3=20, 1d20+1=6) The spot is for ....things that go bump in the dark I guess. The search is just a general look around for clues as to what happened. Though according to this roll I'm basically caught gazing at my navel.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Sorry about that; not intentional.

Erkholt gives a search of the house; seem the house was just abandoned; food rotting; dried; clothes still here; just like the people are gone and all there stuff including valuables if any is still here; you find Grecian moneys; 42 copper; 22 silver, 2 electrum
5 worked copper bands; and some random semi precious jewelry; let me know if you take any of it.

you may then join the group looking at the two flowers and be caught up.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

Nope, not gonna touch anything at this stage. Lawful Good, not really into looting peoples abandoned houses. Will let the others know though.


F Elf Druid 5th

"I am at a bit of a loss here..." still somewhat studying the plants from afar, "It seems like we're missing something. There is something odd going on here, the town appears vacant, but some things just do not add up. These two odd plants may be a part of the issue, or they could just coincidentally be here..." shaking my head in disbelief, "I still think it's related."


Male Changeling (looking like an Elf) 5 Rogue 1 Fighter

I give a good 50' space from the plants and go towards the building where there are the chairs are intact and upright. I avoid the openings of any windows and the doorway. once I reach the corner of the building ill start moving silently 25=13+12 and hiding 29=17+12 and make my way around back behind the building looking for any back doors or windows. While I am moving toward the front again ill listen 22=11+11 for any sounds coming from the building. once i reach the front ill stop at the corner just shy of being visible from the front. If I heard any thing ill then proceed to the door and search for traps 18=6+12 and then look for any locks or other fasteners to keep the door closed.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

"The thing about sand lass, its soft. Something big could be buried but a foot or two below this stuff and we'd nae know a thing about it." Erkholt says standing near Caran and Lshay. He's been watching carefully as ThoronHen moves through the village.

"Now me, I be thinin' there's a lot more to ye "plant" underneath this here pile o' sand. We could get up close and personal to it, ifn' ye like and take a gander. I aint no nature lover, but ifn' you don't anything about this, there's a good bet it aint natural." the cleric says with a grim look.

"Back in me days with the clanhold we once come across sometin' as looked just like a stalagmite but turned out te be some big ass beastie with a mouth and tenticles. Couldnae tell it apart from the surroundin' cave works till ye were right on top o' it. Killed a right few of me clan afore we discovered it's trick. Given the nature o' this place, and the fact people ha' just up an left, I'm willin' te bet this is somethin' like that"

He looks questioningly at the two ladies with him and raises his eyebrows questioningly "Ye want me te go give it a nudge an' see?"


F Elf Druid 5th

I smile and say "I appreciate the offer, but if they are dangerous, I think I should be the one to test them..." I pull out my Scimitar, raise an eyebrow then say "after all, aren't you a healer?" I cautiously step forward to tap one of the flowers with the side of the blade. I am prepared to fight, but do not want to harm the plants if they are not harmful to us.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

"Healer!" Erkholt exclaims "Bah, sure I can stitch ye together if'n ye need it. I be a Protector Priest o' Moradin, lass, not just some glorified bandage monkey!" The dwarf feigns a look of outrage but really can't hide the smile on his face.

He is, however, ready to rush in and help Caran as best he can if things go bad.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

thronhen gets to his target building and begins looking inside (nothing out of the ordinary can be seen from outside; tries the door; it is latched.

Caran, anticipating the worst, under the watchful eye of Erkholt and the sailors moves toward the two plant stalks.....

each pc please roll a d6 and give me the number; no modifications; thank you.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

1d6=4 Here ya go Val. All yours


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

cool; need two more...


Male Changeling (looking like an Elf) 5 Rogue 1 Fighter

here you go it a 4. ;-)


F Elf Druid 5th

Too weird - I rolled a 4 as well.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Ok; A giant bluish, purple crab crawls out of the sand to attack the druid (its an animal so you could choose to attempt your druid stuff btw) The flower stalks turn out to be it cleverly concealed eyes; this thing is about 10ft across and has two large pincers and scores of others. It is ferocious and seeks to attack.

Nobody is surprized and caught unaware or startled; normal initiatives please for actions.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

gm gaming note; I use a d6 for surprize rolls; wandering monster and such.


Male Changeling (looking like an Elf) 5 Rogue 1 Fighter
Valegrim wrote:

Ok; A giant bluish, purple crab crawls out of the sand to attack the druid (its an animal so you could choose to attempt your druid stuff btw) The flower stalks turn out to be it cleverly concealed eyes; this thing is about 10ft across and has two large pincers and scores of others. It is ferocious and seeks to attack.

Nobody is surprized and caught unaware or startled; normal initiatives please for actions.

initative 15=11+4


F Elf Druid 5th

guess my dice new I was prepared for something to happen

Initiative 24 = Rolled a natural 20 + Dex (+4)


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

Watching as the huge crab bursts from the sand next to Caran, Erkholt curses "Moradin's hammer! I knowed' it were no plant!" He readies himself to charge in and help the druid.

Inititiative 16+2= 18, nice high roll to start a combat with :). I finally got my red dice out near my computer to roll whenever I need to. Saves me looking up the online roller


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

ok; initiative order
Caran - roll for wolf separately please
Erkholt
Blue Crab of monstrous doom :)
Thoronhen
chicken sailor guys :)

Caran is up


F Elf Druid 5th
Valegrim wrote:

ok; initiative order

Caran - roll for wolf separately please
Erkholt
Blue Crab of monstrous doom :)
Thoronhen
chicken sailor guys :)
Caran is up

Rolled for Eruanna 14 = roll of 12 + 2 (dex)

I say loudly "Do not attack, I am trying to calm the beast."
I use my Wild Empathy 23 = roll of 16 + 5 (lvl) + 2 (Cha)

PHB 3.5 p 72 - If initial attitude is hostile a 20 total makes it unfriendly. If initial attitude is unfriendly makes it indifferent. Takes one minute.


Male Changeling (looking like an Elf) 5 Rogue 1 Fighter

Ill start making my way to the party. Ill walk as to not spook the crab but ill make full turn movements for 60'. Shiesh 300' away from the fight. As I am moveing in ill make sure that I flank the crab if I need to attack. I will stop at least 30 feet away to allow Caren to finish or gets attacked. If she gets attacked ill move in and attack, at least I can draw my dagger durring the move action becouse my base attack bonus is greater +1.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

Erkholt watches as the druid tries to calm the giant crab, a little stunned by the event. Under his breath he states "I send her in te go look at flowers and she neds up talkin' to a giant crab salad. Meh"

He holds his position, heeding Carans advice and hoping the girl knows what she's doing.

I'll hold my action, if the crab attacks then I'll move as fast as I can to support Caran. I believe I'm about 100 feet away so even a full run won't get me there.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Caran stands forth and summons her powers forth to calm the beast; but to her chagrin she sees several tenticles come forth from the beast each with stinging barbs and wicked mouths; this beast is not a beast at all but some kind of warped armored abberation of death which cannot be quelled by the druid's song. Also as it moves; a slime trail is left behind....

Caran and Erkholt; roll a d6 please....


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

"Weel, that cannae be good" Erkholt says, beginning to move forwards

my roll was 1d6=5. Also, have we lost Lshay somewhere along the line and I missed it?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

yes; sadly she has left the boards entirely :( will let you know what your d6 roll means when I get Caran's


F Elf Druid 5th

Rolled a 3

(if you need one for the wolf, it's 5)


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

ok; the number on the d6 is the number to subtract from your initiative to represent the time spent pausing and waiting for the result of wild empathy. this will become your new initiative.

This round I read it this way, let me know if it needs changing:

Caran; still had a half action left
Monster; used a move action to get to the druid and wolf
Erkholt; using two move actions, might be running...
Thoronhen; using two move actions and trying to sneak.

those moving; let me know how much movement your using; thanks.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

yep; I too am doing dice by the computer

Erkholt Grugn wrote:

Watching as the huge crab bursts from the sand next to Caran, Erkholt curses "Moradin's hammer! I knowed' it were no plant!" He readies himself to charge in and help the druid.

Inititiative 16+2= 18, nice high roll to start a combat with :). I finally got my red dice out near my computer to roll whenever I need to. Saves me looking up the online roller

451 to 500 of 6,952 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valgrymr's Homebrew. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.