Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Valgrymr's Homebrew.

Game Master Valegrim

Lost in the Winter wild with hordes of ghouls, gnolls and Giant Kin on a rampage joined by other agents of chaos. Band of Northmen freedom fighters seek to survive and save their clans.


1 to 50 of 6,952 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

It is a hot and steamy day in the jungles of the Southern Continent; the ambient temperature is bout 105 degrees; the smell of plant life and growth of vast numbers of flora is mixed with the the smell of unwashed bodies and that of cooking fires. To the north is the ocean; the smells of salt and fish is heavy in the air in that region; many birds fly overhead; some like kingfishers or pelicans diving into the water after prey; if you watch long enough; some ocean predator will occassionally be seen snapping one up in its jaws. The sounds of other birds like seagull also abound. Along the ocean are the thousand Tiremes of the colorful fleet of the Etyptians; each with the holy symbols of thier gods and images of Pharoah as well as other sacred symbols. On the beach in the sandy dunes in front of the ships are row upon row of chariots made for war; but now only sitting idle under the care of retainers and guards; this beach ocean region is filled with Egyptians going about various tasks; many fishing boats can be seen during the mornings and evenings out on the ocean; some labors are working on building large docks; but any seaworth salt knows that the ships cannot stay here long as the winds and tides will wreck havock on the ships unless they are well grounded and a story could sink the entire fleet as it is bashed into the shoreline. In front of the chariots leaving the beach is the landing proper of the Egyptian military might; many thousands of soldiers of various types go bout their training and excersizes as well as guard the encampment; the encampment itself is vast and orderly; a veritable city of tents in long rows of Egyptian color and flavor give the illusion of streets; wooden structures are being build which seem to be governing centers and temples. The entire area has many new saplings and much grass and bushes as if the jungle does not wish go surrender this region to imposed civilization. Most in this region are Egyptian; but it is not uncommon to see a dwarven work party or elves looking at wares or Greeks gone native or even an aboriginee now and again. The Egyptian area, which is about 15 miles wide and about 1/2 mile deep, is on the side of a gentle sloping hill of rocks and grass as most trees where cut for lumber of cooking fires.

The region south of the Egyptian encampment is a more built up area of various peoples of the world gone native; mostly Greeks; but some Chinese, native aboriginee; halflings, Japanese, and even fearsome Vikings abound; almost none wear armor; this area has many large communal huts which are on stilts and have built up floors and flooring of grass mats; most with no wall or doors; and large gazeboes are common; the grass here is about three feet high; and the trees much thicker yet twisted and gnarled; it is a bit darker as the trees begin to build upper level canopies; only two levels high in this area, but still most trees are almost two hundred feet high and thick enough to cause the area to be darker and subdued. This area has many foottrails going to various huts and it is not uncommon to hear the sounds of lovemaking in a huts or in a secludes grassy area. Lots of kids of various ages run and play here and there is little stress and care for the problems of the world; people smile and are welcoming; they wear soft silk clothes and things woven from plants; gourds are used for water and cooking fires are small and intimate; there are many communal gardens; and everyone is offered a share of what exists; food; drink; sharing of bodies; these peoples are happy and healthy; but you see many with missing limbs and other scars of war and harsh life for whereever they come from; this area is typically refered to as the Refuge and they revere no communal gods; but will stop whatever they are doing to listen to Word for the Guardian of the Well. On trees and on many huts you can see posted signs if various languages of some military colonel seeking stout hearted adventurous peoples; pay and service time negotiable and directions the the IDD HQ or International Defense Force Headquarters; other than that most people here are working on crafts or agriculture; many sing and there is always music of flutes, lutes and drums; there is a lot of art and beauty mixed of various human cultures.

or ; more to come.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

the ink on all the posts for adventuresome people has run in all the daily rainstorms; but the egyptian writing at the bottom is fairly fresh and the posts are written on the skin of same animal stained with some unknown ink.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Off to the west is deep jungle; a well used, but overgrown path leads off to the Well; to the east is more jungle; but a trail head that way as well to the jungles wonderous Ice Step Pyramid. Farther inland a several days travel along trails going south the jungle ends and opens into a vast plain; here there sits the vast bulk of the Egyptian army about 100k strong; arrayed in a alert, yet peaceful stance, in colorful yellow and aquamarine with standards and pendants; bronze and steel glinting in the air and no small amount of magic; to the east is the vast bulk of the Dwarven army, difficult to see but those you can are in some type of heavy dwarven plate, hard to see but ah their singing and working of metal can be heard; assume they are about 250k strong and all veteran warriors; directly south in a cresant shape can be seen the elven encampment and army both wonderous and terrible looking; they are every color of the rainbow and much flickering of lights can be seen and magic fills the air; spells, weapons; and enchantments can be seen and at time; vast numbers of them seem to disappear; stareing at them to hard tends to mezmerize the eyes of mortals; how many; well, pretty much every elf on the planet is reported to be there; high, wild, wood; gray; sea, all of them; millions, maybe 5 or 6 millions; no one really knows. Why did they come here; to purge the world of humans and to combat the snakemen; why did they stop; well; there is a little space between all three armies; about a 500 yard diameter circle; here resides the tent of Emperor Sebastion and his cohort. It is easy to pick him out; he is the tall, over 7ft, elf in wonderous robes with a 3ft diameter sphere circling his head that changes color with his moods. He is standing in the center with several large, about 15 to 20ft high figures of godly stature; notably; the avatars of the elven; dwarven, and several Egyptian dieties; the only one that seems out of place is one avatar in Viking gear; they have stood there for nearly two months; and it appears that they will probably keep standing there and the armies are content to wait until they decide a course of action.

Further south is more grassland; hundreds of miles south can be seen a great escarpment that rises into the air.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

it can be heard in nearly any camp that the snakemen; ophidians; reptile scourge or whatever term is used; that their army is approaching from the South East; common rumors are they old horrific dieties walking with them; that dragons generals of their armies; that their dieites have killed off most of the dieties of humanity; that some snakes look like humans or elves, that the orcs harrass their armies flanks; that the orcs have allied with the snakes; that the snakes are trying to get up the escarpment to get dinosaurs in thier army; that the beasts of the field are fighting with fairies to stop them from getting dinosaurs; that faeries awoke the snakes from slumber to rid the humans encroaching their wild areas; that orientals with slanted eyes are easily dominated by snakes and that snakes can charm any human but a viking. that the world ended but we just have not been told yet; that here is the only humans left on the world; that in the giant clash of armies the Golemaxes will awaken and battle the snakes. That we all need to make lots of babies for humanity to survive - get busy -wanna get busy, there is spot over here....snake spies cannot drink alchohol; drink heavily with your friends to find spies. that some women are having births of babies with snake heads and snake limbs; that the snakes control the well of life, that there will be a snake/reptile attack from the sea and from the land to destroy us all; which is why there are not many fish left because the snake army under the sea is driving them away. that the only hope for humanity is Colonel Brendig because he knows whats going on and has been fighting both snakes and elves for years and years and by golly there is not better human mind to lead the fight. That snakes have infiltrated the upper levels of the jungle canopy and are watching us seeking our weaknesses and poisoning the birds and have control of all the snakes; eat a snake a day ;that is the plan; snake on a stick want some? Sebastion is a snake spy; Sebastion is a lich; Sebastion is and elf from another world come to save us; that none of this matters because after the war a great ghoul invasion is going to happen and we will all get eaten.


Rama, like all warriors, inspects the tools of his trade. In this case, he inspects his chariot. The carriage itself appears fine but the horse team appear to be listless. Can it be the air, Rama thinks to himself. I'll have to have a word with the driver.


Did I post too early?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

GM NOTE: no, was camping last four days; will get this rolling soon; gotta go to court next 5 hours; hope to get things rolling tomorrow at least and give more details of the area and personaes and fit everyone into their starting positions


Valegrim wrote:
GM NOTE: no, was camping last four days; will get this rolling soon; gotta go to court next 5 hours; hope to get things rolling tomorrow at least and give more details of the area and personaes and fit everyone into their starting positions

Why are you going to court? That is, if you don't mind my asking....


Female Elf Warmage 5

Well we could have some fun guessing what he has or has not done... I am going for driving down the street using only his feet to steer and being naked! Well it could happen

DM

Spoiler:

For what it is worth I hope it went well. However I am not sure if I need to get you anything or not. Let me know if I do.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

just divorce; arguing about the kids; nothing earth shattering.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Mitsuryuu (sorry if I misspelled) You have arrived at the well of life seeing honorable employment; for the past few weeks you have traveled by boat along the edge of the ocean, but have only seen burned out villages and swamps for some days; the ship you were on was piloted by an half orc names Kiegle One Tusk; why this is you have no idea as he doesnt appear to have any tusks at all; large teeth; smelly BO and a barely civil manor; but seems honest enough in his dealings; he has a crew of three; his ship carried bulk trade goods and some 10 passengers; most are working class skilled laborers; some few warriors; you have stopped at two very large orc walled and goods and parcels were dropped off; no one bothered anyone on the ships; most orcs were very heavily armored and most bore injuries; much black smoke came from the cities; but you do not know why; the Orcs were not interested in any passengers and barely gave anyone a look; at each city dock you noticed one thing peculiar; Three black Kobold in very rich gear; about three ft tall and they exuded darkness; at each dock; a goblin runner of better than usual cleanliness; meaning not covered in filth and in decent clothes; a real peculiarity; came up to the ship captain and gave him a coin, a box, and bows to you; a small black box is passed to you compliments of the three kobolds. The box is ornate and of some very black wood; Cocaboa inlade with Teak you think. The box is not locked; but the lid is a slide and grove type and fairly snug. Do you open the box?

The ship captain is a talker; day, night; all the time; story after story of sea monsters; armies of sea creatures; sunken ships; lost treasure; underwater cities and delights; sometimes he tells of glorius battles between orc and snakeman; tells of the dread ghouls with fear and loathing; tells of one peculiliar thing; not so many nights ago; the death of a star that fell to ground some miles inland with the strange sound of a roaring beast and the passing of some terrible hunter. He gets very drunk after this story but sails on.

You arrived at the makeshift dock on the far east side of the Egyptian encamptment; thousands of ships are here; the captian says you may get off here or continue to his next stop for 1 silver; he says here you will find food and shelter; free love and good smokes or more if you like; he knows a guy. He says there are said to be a gold dragon near the well, but he has never seen it; ancient it is supposed to be; maybe a mystical creature than can guide you on your path; his next stop will be a village of lizardmen and some aboriginal mystics and wizards; they might be able to guide you to your souls purpose he says; besides; they been here longer than anyone else and it is not a far walk to a Greek encampment where they are hiring and recruiting all types of battle ready peoples or near peoples.

Which stop will you take?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Thoronhen - you sail with a elven supply ship; taking your parsel to the well; from there you must seek out Mr Bones and company and make your delivery. You miss seeing much from the voyage as the elven cargo fleet is surrounded by a mystical fog, but the voyage is short and uneventful though the everyone on deck is armored and bearing full weapondry as for war; there are many sea elf marines on deck; about 40 to each ship; plus about 30 passengers; mostly elven and half elven; and large amounts of elven goods.

The ship you are on; niether a warship nor a trader; sort of a hybrid of both called by the elves; Wavecrasher; a sea cruiser had no nobility on board; they park near the lizardmen/Fystor village :) and begin to ferry goods to shore; you may depart and take action; this village is fairly simple; rude huts; mostly human aborinine mystics and wizard; the prime building of magic is very well built and developed; you guess it is fairly new; perhaps 20 years old and of a design very different from any dwelling you have ever heard of; seems to be made of blown glass and steel.

Where do you go?


male Human fighter 2/monk 3

Having had enough of vile smelling boat captains, Mitsuryuu thanks One-tusk and gets off at the first stop, and moves into the milling masses. He looks around at the obvious war preparations going on, especially finding the chariot-riding Egyptian cavalry quite interesting. He appears casual and relaxed, while at the same time ready for trouble.
Deep in his furoshiki, resting on the banner of his family, is the unopened box - gift, enigma, and possible threat.
"Why had three strangers (and incredibly odd ones, at that) given him this thing?" he wonders. He hadn't felt secure enough on the boat, honest though her captain might have been, to consider opening it there, and had hoped that once he got to the Well, he'd be able to find a quiet place to take a look. Now, seeing the teeming throngs, both military and non-, he considers the possibility that he will have to go into the wilderness to have any hope of privacy.
He asks an honest-looking child, once he starts seeing children, if there is a place nearby where he can go a find a bath and a meal.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Selena and Salus; You two have traveled with the main force of the Elven Army. You have been here a couple months; mostly staying in the Elven encampment talking about developments; the appearance of the dieties; this Sebastion Emperor guy; the Return of the Orb of Elven Emperors (which everyone is estatically happy about; though the old and ancient elfs shake their fingers and scowl. One very ancient elf (old school warrior mage) of both of your aquaintences, Deliphidae Dawnstar, tells about the danger of chaos and a Sea of Obliteration. How soon all will be in place; how only three things yet need happen; how even now the beast does grasp the world; sometimes suddenly he stands up sharp and proud and faces North Northeast and shouts a hail in some lost elven or near elven tounge; then settles back down somehow a bit diminished and mutters about strange whispers on the wind; voices he cannot quite hear; the maddness of the Orb he says.

Anyway; after a couple months of not doing much but watching the dwarves; watching the Egyptians and watching the little conferance and watching each other; a lot of elves are getting bored; most start doing crafts; practicing skills and the like, you two haveing met through Dawnstar and having enjoyed conversing with each other have been given leave; as many elfs have by ranking elves; to take a few days to look around the area; things of interest to see that sound wild and crazy and places never seen; a ice pyramid in the jungle; the Well of Life; the little village where one of the greastest human mages of the current era was trained, with a bizarre school of magic; all within a few days travel and safe enough if you travel together. Wonderous sites that may soon pass from this world. The offerings of other civilizations you have not met; what will you do?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Rama,

Pharoah seeks to meet the unusual dwarf called Balinor, one time priest of Seker; and hear his council; With some upperlevel political manuevering; you are chosen and you are dispatched with gifts to invite him to dine with Phaoroh three days hence; you are asked to see if you can get a invitation to stay with Balinor for the two days prior then return and give an estimation of this odd individual just after sunrise three days hence where you will tell the Diefic Pharaoh all that you know of his goals, strengths, weaknesses and attitudes.

It is you choice how you will arrange the gifts; and present yourself; the gifts are standard herbs; oils, art, music, rare foods and the like; you could easily take two days to present these gifts as you know some of the food items take many hours to prepare and the dancers and music can takes some hours to preform. If you feel you need anything or anyone specific; you know your orders of the Pharoahs decree will gain you most anything you might need to get your task accomplished.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Keep in mind you have two boxes; one from each city and the group of three kobolds at the docks of each.

One child at play looks up at you, no fear in his eyes; he appears greek and is wearing a wool skirt.
"do you seek communal bath or private bath, honorable sir?, and what do you disire to eat?, (his face lights up) Gralic's mom makes the best meat pies, but Orlandi's dad makes the best soups, Chakashas mom is making bread but it isnt done yet, you probably shouldnt have any sweetsticks this early; might spoil your appetite, (he ponders) hmm; you probably like rice and fish with seaweed in it; I tried it once; yuck, but if you like that; you can see old Shirishan, other than that you can bath in any pool, not sure why you will want to though; will rain soon, and if you wait a bit we will have a meal gathering and you may dine with my family if you like"

A couple of his playmates give other suggestions for food and who makes the best Kibbie, Gyros, confections, and all agree Salara gives the BEST baths; they all smile and giggle and cover their mouths when they say it; then they all stand looking at you; seems like a contest of some kind; they seem to be staring; they dont blink; some start to smile...

Mitsuryuu wrote:

Having had enough of vile smelling boat captains, Mitsuryuu thanks One-tusk and gets off at the first stop, and moves into the milling masses. He looks around at the obvious war preparations going on, especially finding the chariot-riding Egyptian cavalry quite interesting. He appears casual and relaxed, while at the same time ready for trouble.

Deep in his furoshiki, resting on the banner of his family, is the unopened box - gift, enigma, and possible threat.
"Why had three strangers (and incredibly odd ones, at that) given him this thing?" he wonders. He hadn't felt secure enough on the boat, honest though her captain might have been, to consider opening it there, and had hoped that once he got to the Well, he'd be able to find a quiet place to take a look. Now, seeing the teeming throngs, both military and non-, he considers the possibility that he will have to go into the wilderness to have any hope of privacy.
He asks an honest-looking child, once he starts seeing children, if there is a place nearby where he can go a find a bath and a meal.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Weather in the area; rains in the predawn; rains about 9am; rains bout 3pm; first two are fairly light rains for about 15 minutes; 3pm is a torrential downpour for about 30 minutes. Sporatic showers are not uncommon. The day starts off about 80 degrees F and the afternoon it is about 105 degrees F; the insects abound in swarms and there is often some jungle fever going around; everything rots and rusts; mold grows on everything; even people; elves dont seem to be affected by most of these things, nor dwarves, but humans must take extra steps for cleanliness of gear and hygiene and treat bug bites. Footrot and other body rots are also a problem; again elves are not really affected, but everyone else is and jungles are dirty; black dirt and decaying matter and have a particular smell with sweat and animals around; just want to give everyone the setting; take a trip to the zoo if they have a jungle environment and imagine a few million people living in it and you should get the picture; without a good sense of direction; just about anyone can get lost in a jungle 100 yards from civilization.

One big paranoia in these encampments are snakes and other reptiles; mostly they are killed on sight and generally eaten.

One last thing; the jungle is dark; very very dark. Pitch black at night and grey dimness during the day; the beach and grassy plains are normal lighting.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

almost no wind blows in the jungle; wind at the beach is about 15mph; on the praire about 7-10 mph


male Human fighter 2/monk 3

Mitsuryuu remembers this game from when he was a child. He stares back for a bit, looking as bored and stoic as he can, then he pulls the silliest face he can come up with. When that doesn't work, he sighs, blinks, and bows very deeply, saying "I am defeated. As the victors, you have earned some of these sweet sticks you spoke of, but only if you give me your word that you will save them until after your next meal." He pauses dramatically, continuing with, "Of course, you understand that it is wrong and dangerous to give a warrior your word and then go back on it, yes? Now," he looks at his original guide, "as I do not wish to impose on your family's meal time, "if you will all accompany me to the stall of someone who sells sweet sticks and direct me to Salara and to Shirishan, we can conclude our contest."
He follows them to whatever candy-seller they want, leaving them with a smile, and one sweet stick each (let me know what they cost me).
Bath first, then food. Then I try to find some place where I can open these boxes in private.
I've decided that Mitsuryuu loves children, but from a more pragmatic viewpoint, he knows that if you want to find anything in a city, and especially in a place like the Well, you have to make friends with the children. They see everything, and no one notices them.


Male Changeling (looking like an Elf) 5 Rogue 1 Fighter
Valegrim wrote:

Thoronhen - you sail with a elven supply ship; taking your parsel to the well; from there you must seek out Mr Bones and company and make your delivery. You miss seeing much from the voyage as the elven cargo fleet is surrounded by a mystical fog, but the voyage is short and uneventful though the everyone on deck is armored and bearing full weapondry as for war; there are many sea elf marines on deck; about 40 to each ship; plus about 30 passengers; mostly elven and half elven; and large amounts of elven goods.

The ship you are on; niether a warship nor a trader; sort of a hybrid of both called by the elves; Wavecrasher; a sea cruiser had no nobility on board; they park near the lizardmen/Fystor village :) and begin to ferry goods to shore; you may depart and take action; this village is fairly simple; rude huts; mostly human aborinine mystics and wizard; the prime building of magic is very well built and developed; you guess it is fairly new; perhaps 20 years old and of a design very different from any dwelling you have ever heard of; seems to be made of blown glass and steel.

Where do you go?

Ill talk to the Caption and see when the next shipment is ment to go to the Well and possabily getting a ride with them. I stay well away from the newer mage tower as well as the other mystics. I mostly stay with the other elven passenger wating to depart for the Well.


Valegrim wrote:

Rama,

Pharoah seeks to meet the unusual dwarf called Balinor, one time priest of Seker; and hear his council; With some upperlevel political manuevering; you are chosen and you are dispatched with gifts to invite him to dine with Phaoroh three days hence; you are asked to see if you can get a invitation to stay with Balinor for the two days prior then return and give an estimation of this odd individual just after sunrise three days hence where you will tell the Diefic Pharaoh all that you know of his goals, strengths, weaknesses and attitudes.

It is you choice how you will arrange the gifts; and present yourself; the gifts are standard herbs; oils, art, music, rare foods and the like; you could easily take two days to present these gifts as you know some of the food items take many hours to prepare and the dancers and music can takes some hours to preform. If you feel you need anything or anyone specific; you know your orders of the Pharoahs decree will gain you most anything you might need to get your task accomplished.

Rama accepts the duty imposed upon him by the Deific Pharaoh. He assembles his chariot team and informs them that they will be travelling to deliver gifts to the worthy servant of Seker, Lord Balinor. "Men, what you do today shall echo in eternity."

Thereafter, Rama consults the map keepers in order for him chart the fastest route to Balinor's abode.

After that, Rama checks on the gifts. Judging from the description, the same will necessitate quite a number packmen. Moreover, Rama judges that the dancers will need palanquins. All told, Rama judges that a long day of preparation is ahead of him.

How many troops and servants will help Rama in this journey?


Male Goblin Rogue 2

Salus looks around at the strange surroundings, constantly reminding himself to relax and try not to analyze everything as a threat as he does in the field.

Salus turns to his companion, "So where should we go first."


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

mitsuryuu,

only three kids maintain their composure; the rest bust up laughing; you are taken by the hands and with pulling on your clothes to a hut; at your polite request and the childrens pleas sticks of some kind that are dark brown in color are given to you and the kids by a somewhat elderly man, he looks Grecian to you; no money is asked or taken; he just smiles and move to hug you with a open smile and open arms; do you resist?
a line begins to form behind him; there are 7 others in the house; 2 males and four females; what do you do; note; the females here are attractive and clad only in skirts much like the males though they tend to wear more ordamental flowers.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Thoronhen,
They are not going to the well; they are taking supplies the the elves out on the plains about; you can see the edge of the elves here; and many sea elves; they appear to make a thick line from some unknown distance into the water possibly all the way to the escarpment of the dino area some hundred miles away.

at you inquires; none of these elves have been to the Well; keep in mind your task is to deliver to a person; the Well is only a general reference point.

Ill talk to the Caption and see when the next shipment is ment to go to the Well and possabily getting a ride with them. I stay well away from the newer mage tower as well as the other mystics. I mostly stay with the other elven passenger wating to depart for the Well.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD
Rama wrote:
Valegrim wrote:

Rama,

This is a Most Royal Decree; any number, lets say no more than 500; a show of strength befitting a Hero, but not a worrisome invasion. 500 moving through this area will take half a day to assemble; half a day to move as there are paths; you will arrive just as the sun sets if all goes well with no delays. You are supported by your slaves as well as high places slaves and servants of the court and various other ministers; everyone is cheerful to help and in good spirits offering blessings and fortune on your quest. Most things appear to present themselves in good order as if this was planned in advance and all was made ready; only a leader and reprentative need be chosen; more examples of the beneficial and powerful rule of Pharoah. You are at +2 to all social skill roles while acting under his blessing and following his royal decree.

Who is first in the train; who is last and where will you be in the column?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

both of you please make two listen rolls; thanks

Salus Loonun wrote:

Salus looks around at the strange surroundings, constantly reminding himself to relax and try not to analyze everything as a threat as he does in the field.

Salus turns to his companion, "So where should we go first."


male Human fighter 2/monk 3

Looking somewhat uncomfortable, Mitsuryuu accepts the embraces of this entire family. The women make him no more or less uncomfortable than the men. He tries to put as good a face on as possible. "Other peoples, other customs," he thinks to himself, silently wondering if perhaps he should be a little more himself after this - already, he's feeling that he's taken himself too far out of his comfort zone. If too many people get the impression that he's approachable, he loses an edge he cannot afford. When all the hugging is done, he bows to the old man, his face composed and serene.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

they make you welcome in their home; offer to relieve you of your burdens; your outer clothes and weapons; and invite you to relax and dine with them and the women each offer to share caresses and annoint you with scented oils

do you accept or continue to what you realise a badly mispronounced Venerable Shiri-san?


Valegrim wrote:
Rama wrote:
Valegrim wrote:

Rama,

This is a Most Royal Decree; any number, lets say no more than 500; a show of strength befitting a Hero, but not a worrisome invasion. 500 moving through this area will take half a day to assemble; half a day to move as there are paths; you will arrive just as the sun sets if all goes well with no delays. You are supported by your slaves as well as high places slaves and servants of the court and various other ministers; everyone is cheerful to help and in good spirits offering blessings and fortune on your quest. Most things appear to present themselves in good order as if this was planned in advance and all was made ready; only a leader and reprentative need be chosen; more examples of the beneficial and powerful rule of Pharoah. You are at +2 to all social skill roles while acting under his blessing and following his royal decree.

Who is first in the train; who is last and where will you be in the column?

Rama will be at the head of the column though he will have sent double scouts ahead, the flanks and the rear to prevent the caravan from being taken unawares.


male Human fighter 2/monk 3

I humbly and respectfully decline their offers, and continue one my way.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD
Mitsuryuu wrote:
I humbly and respectfully decline their offers, and continue one my way.

As you travel following the boy who is guiding you to the Venerable one; many offer you comfort; food; drink; touch, smoke; oils ( think of this as a very free love sorta hippie area; often you hear the sounds of lovemakeing in huts or in the tall grass and smell all kinds of cooking smells as well as various pungent tobaccos and whatnot. One thing that stand out is that almost all the adults over the age of 16 have battle wounds; some with vicious scars of sword or claw; some with missing fingers; ears; or limbs; but everyone is loved and cared for and everyone regardless of race, culture or religion is accepted freely. You also notice that some look down at your weapons and shudder; or grimace or frown; these are those most often to offer you to lay aside your weapons and spend time in touching.

It takes about 20 minutes of squishing through the muck to reach a small oriental enclave; here you no longer walk on the jungle floor; but upon boardwalks or reeds; there are about 7 huts here made of wooden beams with large leafs as wall material rather than ricepaper; they in a circle; with a large central pagoda hut that has no walls. You estimate about 45 souls here; no warriors; mostly farmers and service people; the smells here are much more familiar and you mouth waters a bit.

the boy stops at the edge of the enclave; a young oriental boy in traditional garb runs up; and bows to you then the boy; the boy with you bows back and gives you small youth a little headbutt; then falls down laughing; the oriental youth smiles, but makes no other move; it appears to be a long running joke mocking the young ones power.

the boy who led you here stands; thank you again for the sweet stick; and goes skipping off throught the muck; the oriental boy; says "I am Hiro Ichiban, you may wash your feet there if you wish <he points to a bucket next to the boardwalk> What do you seek here warrior?"


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Rama,
you will travel through the Egyptian area with much pagentry; then through the greek hippie area; see previous posts for description; some line up and watch your guys go by; many offer you and yours wreaths of flowers and drink and invite you to rest with them during the hot of the day; your column has already moved into a much wetter area of denser undergrowth and there are small trails here and much muck; the column will not stay together well moving through the jungle; I would imagine you probably have some trail breakers out chopping down foliage clearing a path as that would be typical; hence movement is slow though you do not have far to travel. You will be traveling though the greek hippie area for the next five hours and your trailblazer will constantly come upon couple or small groups having some touch ahem; in the bushes.

do you ignore the invites in this area and continue on; stop with them and visit and keep the column going; or do what?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Both Rama and Mits see the signs mentioned in the background posts of the greek area that are on many trees looking for sturdy adventuresome sorts that wish to fight for freedom and democracy.

spot roll 15 or greater you would see a couple of lightly armored guys with spears and shortswords replacing worn signs.


Valegrim wrote:

Rama,

you will travel through the Egyptian area with much pagentry; then through the greek hippie area; see previous posts for description; some line up and watch your guys go by; many offer you and yours wreaths of flowers and drink and invite you to rest with them during the hot of the day; your column has already moved into a much wetter area of denser undergrowth and there are small trails here and much muck; the column will not stay together well moving through the jungle; I would imagine you probably have some trail breakers out chopping down foliage clearing a path as that would be typical; hence movement is slow though you do not have far to travel. You will be traveling though the greek hippie area for the next five hours and your trailblazer will constantly come upon couple or small groups having some touch ahem; in the bushes.

do you ignore the invites in this area and continue on; stop with them and visit and keep the column going; or do what?

Ever the diplomat, Rama declines the invites with as much tact as he can muster. "Thank you for your invitation and we are honored but our duty compel us to postpone this to another day. But do not worry for is it not said that wine is sweeter with age? We appreciate your forebearance very much."

Spot (1d20+2=9)

Too preoccupied with mollifying the feeling of the greek hippie guys, Rama fails notice the lightly armored fellows.

For Valegrim

Spoiler:

Valegrim, based on my computations, taking synergy bonuses and circumstance bonuses as well as the +2 bonus to social interaction you granted, I calculate that Rama has a total of +24 diplomacy modifier, +8 ranks, +4 Charisma, +6 circumstance from weapon, shield, armor, +4 synergy from Sense Motive and Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) and the +2 you gave


male Human fighter 2/monk 3

Mitsuryuu returns to boy's bow, and says, as he moves to wash his feet, "It is an honor to meet you, young Hiro, and good to see something and someone familiar so far from home. I am called Mitsuryuu. I have travelled far, and was told that I could find a bath and food here. It would also be pleasant to find a place to stay and somewhere, in this vast multitude, where I may have a few moments of privacy."


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

the Hippies watch you you column go buy with smiles and some cheers as to them you probably appear much like a circuis full of wonder, color and some of the entertainers in your column cannot resist an audience; any sing; dance; and do other performance arts to the crowds appreciation; this does not appear to slow your pace in the least. You may put a stop to it, encourage or allow it as you wish.

there appears to be not threat to the column; no one here appears to have any weapons or magic and no wild or dangerous beast appear.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Noble sir; please meet with Grandfather if you will; I shall guide you honorable sir.

do you follow?

Mitsuryuu wrote:
Mitsuryuu returns to boy's bow, and says, as he moves to wash his feet, "It is an honor to meet you, young Hiro, and good to see something and someone familiar so far from home. I am called Mitsuryuu. I have travelled far, and was told that I could find a bath and food here. It would also be pleasant to find a place to stay and somewhere, in this vast multitude, where I may have a few moments of privacy."


male Human fighter 2/monk 3

I follow.


Valegrim wrote:

the Hippies watch you you column go buy with smiles and some cheers as to them you probably appear much like a circuis full of wonder, color and some of the entertainers in your column cannot resist an audience; any sing; dance; and do other performance arts to the crowds appreciation; this does not appear to slow your pace in the least. You may put a stop to it, encourage or allow it as you wish.

there appears to be not threat to the column; no one here appears to have any weapons or magic and no wild or dangerous beast appear.

Rama waves back to the hippies. Praying that the rest of his mission is equally as easy.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

You dont expect any trouble surrounded as you are by five armies or good guys in a very well populated area.

Mostly you have been told to watch the trees and upper folage for snakes, but a party this large should be secure; it is this strange dwarf that was once a priest of seker that troubles you; what kind of person, the only non human ever to become a priest of seker; would become one; rise up in the priesthood; then abandon it for another diety; some foriegn one you dont even know the name of; true he is a powerful hero; but this tends to grate on your Paladin code of staying true to ones calling and faithfulness. What would cause such a thing you wonder...nobody you know of knows anything about him; perhaps in retrospect you might have asked a priest or priestess of seker for information. Certainly the rumor of him jumping several miles is ludicrous and your belief that in this sweltering jungle the ice jungle might be a farce, surely even with magic it would melt in time; said to have been here for months...


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD
Mitsuryuu wrote:
I follow.

he takes you along the boardwalk to the main pavilion; where an old man sits smoking a long thin pipe; he struggles to arise <you notice he is missing his left arm> and a beautiful young adult woman in a colorful kimono helps him, possibly a grandchild.

he bows to you: I am Na-Shiri; headmaster of this humble village; I humbly greet the Ronin; sit and share tea with an old man and tell of how I might serve.

he gestures to a low table surrounded by sitting mats.


In order to achieve, Rama considers the proper sequence for the giving of the gifts. Seker abhors undead perhaps this Balinor has the hate. But why would he leave the service of the priesthood? What can be more important than service to the gods?

Rama concludes, "I need for information on this Balinor."

Signing off. Gotta sleep.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

who will you ask for this information; considering the ice pyramid that he stays in is right next to the these greek hippies; that might be good; also; scouts report that there is some kind of village ahead on the left not far of some humans of culture and nationality they are not familiar with; they wear silks of wild colors and prints; tend to be short with yellowish skin and almond shaped eyes; also far ranging scouts report that there are about 50 armored figures in metal armors and furs; fierce looking; reputed to be Vikings at the base of the ice pyramid.

who will you seek for this information?


Male Changeling (looking like an Elf) 5 Rogue 1 Fighter
Valegrim wrote:

Thoronhen,

They are not going to the well; they are taking supplies the the elves out on the plains about; you can see the edge of the elves here; and many sea elves; they appear to make a thick line from some unknown distance into the water possibly all the way to the escarpment of the dino area some hundred miles away.

at you inquires; none of these elves have been to the Well; keep in mind your task is to deliver to a person; the Well is only a general reference point.

I then look for the signs of the "underworld" and see if i can get some info on who this Bones is and where i might find him here in the area or to someone who might know his current location if its not in the general area.

Spoiler:
ill make some roles for spot and sense motive bluff and deplomacy once i know if i need to change my race as my stats will change as well as my bonus from race will change


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

you dont see any apparent rogue type or any beggars or whatnot; all the elves here are apparently soldier types; it is doubtful that you will find him in the elf encampment; the only other encampment readily apparent is the human village the aboriginies and lizardmen; it is fairly obvious that there must be egyptians cause you saw a lot of ships in the distance sailing in; the elf army has to have stopped here for a reason; what will you do?


Male Changeling (looking like an Elf) 5 Rogue 1 Fighter
Valegrim wrote:
you dont see any apparent rogue type or any beggars or whatnot; all the elves here are apparently soldier types; it is doubtful that you will find him in the elf encampment; the only other encampment readily apparent is the human village the aboriginies and lizardmen; it is fairly obvious that there must be egyptians cause you saw a lot of ships in the distance sailing in; the elf army has to have stopped here for a reason; what will you do?

ok ill then go talk to the humans and see if they know anything about this Bones person. If i fail there ill head toward where i saw the egyptians where.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Roll spot and gather information.


Male Changeling (looking like an Elf) 5 Rogue 1 Fighter
Valegrim wrote:
Roll spot and gather information.

roll 10+ 8 skill + 3 ability= 21 for spot, roll 12 + 4 skill + 4 ability= 20


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

you see three signs mounted on poles; talking to various people you here that there is a fort where many are hired to do scouting missions; many heroes go there; also; you hear of many strange visitors from far away places walk the jungle; many many of them; bad mojo

1 to 50 of 6,952 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valgrymr's Homebrew. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.