Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion

Valcia

Game Master Darksmokepuncher

MAP


1,701 to 1,744 of 1,744 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Saves:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

A sound like the marching of many well trained soldiers issues from the East and the Iron Lord casts about.

"Michael! Who are these? You said they..." He sighs. "Men, the fight will be greater than we thought, but our resolve is unchanged."

Many of the General's men seem confused by the new developments, but he hasn't noticed yet as his eyes are off to the East: thinking.

Thaegrin:

Michael starts rocking and wringing his hands. "Silver Tabby...not possible...all dead...no surviving..."

Anga and Thaegrin have two rounds before the rest show up.

Shadow Lodge

No looking:

1d100 ⇒ 90
1d100 ⇒ 89
1d100 ⇒ 94
1d100 ⇒ 25
1d100 ⇒ 87
1d100 ⇒ 65
1d100 ⇒ 12
1d100 ⇒ 46
1d100 ⇒ 34
1d100 ⇒ 26

Four of the enlisted men start battling amongst themselves, while a fww babble on incoherently.

General Lord Wembley narrows his eyes at the display then barks new orders after conferring with the lady. "The wizard is among us! Fan out! Search the area and detain anyone you do not recognize and bring him or her to me!"

Freed slaves bustle about searching eagerly, the enlisted men stay put.

Danger:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

“Take heart, Michael,” says the knifeman as he pats the fretting little man on the shoulder. “A chance to end this is at hand -Look! Michael! Did you see him?!” Lief whispers to one in an oversize coat, pointing at the group of slaves manning the battlements above the entrance, “The wizard hides among the slaves. He’s about to cast a spell! No time! Order these things to fire!”
Bluff 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25, to convince Michael to blindly fire artillery on E4-F4, hopefully damaging the artillery there. Friendly Fire! Oh Noes!

Leif holds out his blade and hurriedly unstoppers the poison to apply it. 1d100 ⇒ 74
The blade glistens under from the fatal substance, and the nimble man wastes no time gulping down a vanishing poultice. "Wish me luck!" He whispers to the halfman.

Once unseen, the wizard plucks a magical scroll from his belt.

Ok, standard to apply poison, move action to draw invisibility potion, standard to consume, and move action to draw a scroll. That's Thaegrin's two turns! Question for DSP: can the artillery be re-aimed easily, and would adjusting their trajectory (but not firing) turn off Thaegrin's invisibility? Also also, Thaegrin needs the stats on this dagger if he's gonna use it.

Shadow Lodge


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue HP: 54/64 AC: 25

Anga watches from the dark as the slaves search for the wizard. He's confident they won't pose any threat to him or his companions. No, it would be their general that would be the most valuable target on the field. But the woman next to him, she might be more easily neutralized. The Lords armor is heavy and thick, Anga's not positive his blade could find it's weak point.

Still, if they were going to come out of this engagement unscathed it would do to find some way to lower the warriors threat potential...
Gray eyes slowly come to alight on the mans sword, a massive thing hanging from his back. With little effort Anga folds the shadows around himself and disappears completely from view!

Cast Vanish.
Stealth 1d20 + 25 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 25 + 20 = 49
Standard, move.

With a few quick steps the man of shadows is on the platform next to the hulking warrior, sheathing his blades in the process. He comes to a complete stop next to the general and with quick, lithe fingers reaches up and graspes the hilt of his foes weapon, drawing it forth and quickly hiding it underneath his cloak!

Slight of Hand 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Stealth 1d20 + 40 + 25 ⇒ (8) + 40 + 25 = 73

So not sure how just taking something works. I figured slight of hand made most sense. He's invisible, but he's not really trying to be sneaky about it, he's just grabbing the sword and hiding it.

Satisfied, Facion leaps backwards off the platform, landing in the dirt with a soft poof.

Standard, move.

Shadow Lodge

They don't take more than a round to re-aim. Stats are +2 Dagger of wounding.There's 2 of them btw.

Michael slowly stiffens. "Leif...you are not authorized to make tactical decisions, not to mention I am not in the artillery chain of command."

Thaegrin's disguise check
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Michael's perception
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Michael's eyes widen in shock. "Who are you!? General! Guards! Imposter! Imposter!"
____________________________

From Sleight of Hand:

Take Something Unnoticed

If you try to take something from a creature, you must make a DC 20 Sleight of Hand check. The opponent makes a Perception check to detect the attempt, opposed by the Sleight of Hand check result you achieved when you tried to grab the item. An opponent who succeeds on this check notices the attempt, regardless of whether you got the item. You cannot use this skill to take an object from another creature during combat if the creature is aware of your presence.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Anga's hand clasps around the hilt of the massive weapon and the Iron Lord spins away from the attempt. "Rosalynd! Reveal this thief!"

Lady Wembley turns, grasping a holy symbol which begins to pulse with light.
____________________________

Ezkal, Tholan, and Iskandarr crest the rise and know see the courtyard clearly. Many citizen-soldiers guard the parapets, but all appear to be searching for something and the ballistae are unmanned!

Several Amerysi soldiers stand in ranks before a raised platform holding a beautiful woman and a severe looking man, both in officer's plate. Most of the soldiers mill about in a state of confusion, but a few remain vigilant and shout the warning immediately. "Enemy spotted, sir!"

The Iron Lord faces away from you all, an impossibly large sword, wreathed in flame, gripped in one hand. An armored women stands beside him, holy symbol raised high as if about to cast a spell!

Initiatives (Holy crap the initiatives...):

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

You guys are up. Best of luck.

Also, Anga, that stealth check is at least 20 less since you moved. Also, what is the 25 from?


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

The court wizard hears the cry of a thief, and wonders. Shuffling outside, he sees the beautiful woman weaving a spell and the Iron Lord facing an empty space. ...Halfblood?
Spellcraft 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18 (to determine Lady Wembley's spell), Stealth 1d20 + 8 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 20 = 34

Move action. Will decide standard action once the Spellcraft results are in. Edit: yikes! Hope she's casting a Level 3 or lower!

Sczarni

Male Human

She's casting Invisibility Purge!


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

The arcanist quells the urge to immediately expunge her illuminating magic, knowing that will reveal his position. Reaching up, under his pointed hat, the aging Feraweni pulls down a feline face mask. Though he could not deny a half-curiosity to see who succeeded in drawing the ire of two commanders. If it is the Halfblood, I wonder how he managed invisibility. Perhaps he learned an application from the book I loaned him...
Move action to don the Silver Tabby Mask. +2 vs. Charm and Compulsion spells.

Shadow Lodge

Clever, with the Silver Tabby Mask. Forgot you had that. Ok, that leaves Anga, Iskandarr, Tholan, and Ezkal. WATCHUGOTSON!


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue HP: 54/64 AC: 25

Crouching in the dirt next to the platform Anga's mouth compresses in a hard line. It was upsetting that he had been unable to remove the weapon. Only just beginning to reassess his options he hears the call from the Iron Lord. Reveal? he thinks to himself. That wouldn't do, wouldn't do at all. Quickly he steps to the side and conceals himself under the cover of darkness and shadow once again.

His palm seeks the hilt of rapier as he waits precious moments to see what sort of witchery the woman conjures.

Stealth 1d20 + 40 + 25 ⇒ (12) + 40 + 25 = 77
He's hiding in that original spot of shadow where he showed up. And he's doing so after coming to a halt, so I think that's the full +40? It should hardly matter though if she gets rid of invisibility.

So, 77 with Invis, 37 without Invis.

Eyes peeled the keeper of shadows searches the courtyard for other places from which to strike.

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Looking for any other places of shadow and/or piles of hay, large shrubberies, or conveniently placed tiny, empty rooms from which to strike.

Also, for clarification, he moved 5 feet and held action. Not a 5-foot step though, cause I might have him move some more depending on what the guys do.

Shadow Lodge

Moving 5 feet or taking a 5 foot step is still a move action, so you can hold, but that leaves only a standard (which can be used to move).

I have updated the map with all the places Anga sees as potential hiding places: some are better than others, but that is for Anga to choose :)

I hid the confused aura since it now affects those it affects and will affect no one else. I hid it also because I will have a new aura of my own soon :)

Now it is down to the Cat and the Brothers of Thelkon. May Gorum lend you strength.


Male
Defense:
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 19, hp 90, Fort +10, Ref +6 (+2 bonus vs. traps), Will +12; +4 vs. fey and plant-targeted effects
other:
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +16
Medium Monstrous Humanoid Lake Elran Druid, 8

Iskandarr sees the woman beginning to cast a spell. His ears fold back with a snarl as his eyes begin to glow.
Cast burning disarm on the holy symbol. Also, since it is gold, and gold has a low melting point, would this spell cause the gold to melt and possibly cripple her hand in the molten metal?

Shadow Lodge

Unfortunately, it does not melt gold. Not hot enough for long enough.

Damage 5d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 1, 3) = 12

Lady Wembley glances over her shoulder as her holy symbol goes white hot. She winces through the pain, but seems the spell was only half as effective as it should have been. She does not drop the symbol.

The Iron Lord turns at the smell of burning flesh. "The tiger." Lady Wembley says.

General Wembley levels the immense sword at Iskandarr. "I do hope you retain that hide in death. I will use it to blanket my bed."


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8 | HP: 33/93 | AC:25 T:13 F:23

Tholan slaps his brother on the shoulder with a roaring laugh and a glowing hand. [ooc]Cast Enlarge Person "Let us revel in this battle, brother! May this be a glorious sacrifice to Gorum!" With those words, he charges toward his foes.


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz

HP and Armor:
89/83hp
Judgement of Sacred Protection Activiated
AC 28, touch 19, flat-footed 22 (+9 armor, +4 Dex, +2 dodge, +3 deflection)

Rounds before battle casting Deadly Juggernaut and Flames of the faithful "For Gorum!" Ezkal shouts as he follows his brother in. Focusing, he activates his judgements. Activating Healing and AC judgements. Can we hit this turn or next? Unsure about timing.


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz

Ezkal swings his mighty flaming sword Swing one 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 292d6 + 17 + 3d6 ⇒ (3, 6) + 17 + (3, 6, 5) = 40 Intimidation 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25

Shadow Lodge

9:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Things:

1d100 ⇒ 24
1d100 ⇒ 6
1d100 ⇒ 89
1d100 ⇒ 78

Ezkal and Tholan charge the confused soldiers, Ezkal nearly killing one with his large sword.

Two of the soldiers continue fighting among each other, but the rest seem to regain their wits: at least for the moment. Perhaps it was the calls of their general. Perhaps it was the two Thelkonese warriors barreling up to them. Either way, they lock shields and attack, all their training coming to bear as the hold ranks.

Attacks on Ezkal:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Attacks on Tholan:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Attacks on Titan:

There are none of these, you silly sod.

The big, bearded brothers expertly defend themselves from all efforts to harm them.

Up on the battlements, seven ballistae, bristling with nearly a dozen arrows each, slowly wheel to face the Thelkons and Iskandarr. The small companies of citizen-soldiers cock the mechanisms within and take aim.

A pulse of light erupts from the stage-like platform and Anga feels his magical concealments fade, though no one seems to notice him.

Thaegrin feels the tingles of the magic so close to him, but so quite so close as to affect him.

The Iron Lord turns a small gear inlaid into his armor and cruel, barbed spikes snap into place all about him. He scans the crowd actively. "Where are you thief...", he whispers.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

You guys are up.


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz

HP and Armor:
83/83hp dr 2/-

AC 28, touch 19, flat-footed 22 (+9 armor, +4 Dex, +2 dodge, +3 deflection)

Ezkal, seeing one soldier fall to one knee, chops down with his greatsword, then swings at another.

Swing one 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 242d8 + 20 + 3d6 ⇒ (6, 8) + 20 + (3, 6, 5) = 48 Intimidation 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
Swing two 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 192d8 + 19 + 3d6 ⇒ (8, 3) + 19 + (3, 4, 6) = 43 Intimidation 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31 This is the killing of the fallen one


Male
Defense:
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 19, hp 90, Fort +10, Ref +6 (+2 bonus vs. traps), Will +12; +4 vs. fey and plant-targeted effects
other:
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +16
Medium Monstrous Humanoid Lake Elran Druid, 8

83/105
Iskandarr bounds to Ezkal's side (F11) and attacks.
bite: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28 for: 4d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 2, 5, 3) + 9 = 24
claw: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24 for: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 3, 3) + 9 = 20
claw: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25for: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4, 1) + 9 = 15


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Invisibility:

Just a refresher for myself, more than anything. Pay no heed!
Quote:
The spell ends if the subject attacks any creature. For purposes of this spell, an attack includes any spell targeting a foe or whose area or effect includes a foe. Exactly who is a foe depends on the invisible character's perceptions. Actions directed at unattended objects do not break the spell. Causing harm indirectly is not an attack. Thus, an invisible being can open doors, talk, eat, climb stairs, summon monsters and have them attack, cut the ropes holding a rope bridge while enemies are on the bridge, remotely trigger traps, open a portcullis to release attack dogs, and so forth. If the subject attacks directly, however, it immediately becomes visible along with all its gear.

I think you were right in an earlier conversation, DSP. Dispel Magic, when targeting a magical effect, would break Invisibility if that effect was on a foe (such as Invisibility Purge).

Seeing the Iron Lord’s men resume formation in the face of Thelkon fury, as well as the artillery that angles down on their bold position, the court mage wonders if a bit more chaos would soften discipline exhibited on the field. When the general himself bristles, the old wizard decisively unrolls the scroll in his hand, reciting the long incantation to summon beasts of mayhem to the stage.
Casting Mad Monkeys (CL 7). A Monkey Swarm will show up at the beginning of Thaegrin’s next turn, lasting 7 rounds.

Recital complete, the old Feraweni scarcely has enough time to shuffle back into the doorway behind him. 5ft. step. What is Michael doing, by the way?

Shadow Lodge

Ezkal deals a devastating blow to another soldier and finishes the first with the follow through.

Another man shrieks as Iskandarr falls on him in a fury of teeth and claws. The scream is swiftly swallowed in a slow gurgle as the man dies.

Michael seems to find some flicker of resolve and dashes to the ladder and begins to climb to the battlements.


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8 | HP: 33/93 | AC:25 T:13 F:23

Tholan roars with delight at the gore, and steps back with a gleam. 5ft step A dark purple pulse of light emanates from his hands as he shouts, "Toate se încadrează înainte pumnul uriașului." A ripling of light covers his body as he grows larger. Cast Enlarge Person on self yo

Thelkonese:
All fall before the giant's fist

Towering over the soldiers, Tholan roars an incoherent, ear-rending roar, his falchion brandished high. "None stand before Gorum's wrath!" He thunders at the soldiers.

Shadow Lodge

BUMPITY


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz

Ezkal, ever growing stronger, hefts his sword, the cold steel twisting in the air like a viper ready to strike. He shifts his grip (fighting defensively) The whistling blade zips toward a soldier's neck.

HP and Armor:
83/83hp

AC 30, touch 19, flat-footed 22 (+9 armor, +4 Dex, +2 dodge, +5 deflection)

Ezkal Full swing with flames enlarged
Swing one 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 342d8 + 19 + 3d6 ⇒ (7, 6) + 19 + (3, 3, 4) = 42 Intimidation 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26
Swing two 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 182d8 + 19 + 3d6 ⇒ (7, 6) + 19 + (4, 4, 5) = 45 Intimidation 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz
Ezkal the Ordo Hereticus wrote:

Ezkal, ever growing stronger, hefts his sword, the cold steel twisting in the air like a viper ready to strike. He shifts his grip (fighting defensively) The whistling blade zips toward a soldier's neck.

** spoiler omitted **

Ezkal Full swing with flames enlarged
Swing one 1d20+16;2d8+19+3d6 Intimidation 1d20+17
Swing two 1d20+12;2d8+19+3d6 Intimidation 1d20+17

Ignore this, I can't read the flow of Bumpity's.

Shadow Lodge

I'll hold that for next round if you want Ezkal. I'm waiting on Anga presently, then I'll post the enemy turn. You can change your actions if you wish at that time.


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue HP: 54/64 AC: 25

Watching the battle beginning to unfold, Anga stays where he's at. It wouldn't do to lose the element of surprise just yet. He sorts through his pack before producing a small vial of cloudy liquid. Uncorking it, the man in the shadows downs it, while keeping a close eye on his enemies.

Potion of Cats Grace +4 to DEX.
Stealth 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (12) + 25 = 37

AC is now 27.

Okay, so Anga doesn't know about the ladders inside the structure. But since he can see a bunch of people up there, and no visible ladders or stairs outside, would he conclude that there's a way up to the top from inside the structure?

Shadow Lodge

Anga, your belt and that potion are both enhancement bonuses, so make sure you only account for a +2 net gain to dex. Good actions though :) That is a logical conclusion. :)

"COMPANY! BACK!" shouts the Iron Lord, and all his troops adjust their formations. All 5 ft steps where AoOs would be involved, even with increased reach.

"Balistae! Fire!"

56 arrows shade the courtyard!

Rain of Death:

Attacks on Tholan
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 for 1d8 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 for 1d8 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 for 1d8 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 for 1d8 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 for 1d8 ⇒ 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 for 1d8 ⇒ 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 for 1d8 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 for 1d8 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 for 1d8 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 for 1d8 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 for 1d8 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 for 1d8 ⇒ 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 for 1d8 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 for 1d8 ⇒ 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 for 1d8 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 for 1d8 ⇒ 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 for 1d8 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 for 1d8 ⇒ 6
Crit Confirm 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 for 1d8 ⇒ 6
Take 12 damage

Attacks on Ezkal
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 for 1d8 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 for 1d8 ⇒ 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 for 1d8 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 for 1d8 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 for 1d8 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 for 1d8 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 for 1d8 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 for 1d8 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 for 1d8 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 for 1d8 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 for 1d8 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 for 1d8 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 for 1d8 ⇒ 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 for 1d8 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 for 1d8 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 for 1d8 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 for 1d8 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 for 1d8 ⇒ 5

Attacks on Iskandarr
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 for 1d8 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 for 1d8 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 for 1d8 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 for 1d8 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 for 1d8 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 for 1d8 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 for 1d8 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 for 1d8 ⇒ 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 for 1d8 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 for 1d8 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 for 1d8 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 for 1d8 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 for 1d8 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 for 1d8 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 for 1d8 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 for 1d8 ⇒ 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 for 1d8 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 for 1d8 ⇒ 3
Crit Confirm 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 for 1d8 ⇒ 2
[/ooc]Take 8 damage[/ooc]

A few arrows inconvenience the tiger and Tholan, but nothing serious comes of the impressive barrage. The citizen-soldiers begin muttering of hopelessness.

Just then, Michael appears on the battlements. "Do not lose heart men! If we must die, let us die facing our foes! Make the bleed through the nose! Make them pay for every man! Their armor is thick and their shields broad, but we will overcome!"

Lord Wembley smiles. "LOAD ARMOR PIERCING!"

Thicker, more wicked looking arrows start sliding into their slots.

Lady Wembley touches her husband on the shoulder and whispers something.

Perception DC 22:
"Be careful. Nothing too reckless."
A golden light shimmers over the Iron Lord. Then she calmly walks off the stage, unburdens her shield and swrod and takes up position with the company of soldiers.
Spellcraft DC 12:
Shield of Faith

Wembley nods to his wife and charges, leaping off the stage straight at Ezkal!

Armor Spike Bull Rush 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33 for 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

The smaller man crashes into the enlarged Thelkonlander with amazing force sending Ezkal reeling back 10 feet. As Ezkal stumbles away, the Iron Lord brings his massive sword to bear in the opening left by Ezkal's involuntary movement.

1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 = 25 for 3d6 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 3) + 9 + (6) = 21

Ezkal take an additional 34 damage.

"KEEP THE THELKON FILTH SEPARATED!"

Shadow Lodge

Suddenly, whooping, howling apes explode into being on the stage. They cast about and rush the soldiers standing by.

2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

Will Saves:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

The soldier's discipline breaks and they become distracted by the apes. Lady Wembley however, does not.


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz

Ezkal, seeing Wembley leap toward him, relies on his Preacher teachings and steels himself. Determination - Defense 3/4 now +4 insight bonus to AC making AC 34 so Armor Spike Bull Rush misses. What else hit? The Iron Lord things would have missed if it's only a 25


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz

HP and Armor:
74/83hp

AC 30, touch 19, flat-footed 22 (+9 armor, +4 Dex, +2 dodge, +3 deflection)

Ezkal roars with anger at the push. He takes a half step forward as he swings his mighty blade. 5 ft step, Swing one 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 342d8 + 19 + 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 19 + (4, 6, 6) = 42 Intimidation 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
Swing two 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 162d8 + 19 + 3d6 ⇒ (5, 7) + 19 + (1, 6, 1) = 39 Determination to reroll hit Swing two reroll 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 302d8 + 19 + 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 19 + (6, 4, 6) = 42 Intimidation 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8 | HP: 33/93 | AC:25 T:13 F:23

With a roar, Tholan shouts and a pulse of light ripples out from him. "Blood and battle, blade and bone, may the blood shed today be a beautiful sacrifice unto Gorum!" A bloody gleam in his eyes, Tholan turns to his brother. "Let us shatter them, brother."

Concentration Check 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Cast Prayer. +1 to D20s and damage for allies, -1 to D20s and damage for enemies in 40ft radius.

Shadow Lodge

Ezkal steps forward and cleaves the Iron Lord with a stroke that would have killed most men, but this man shrugs off the greater portion before batting aside the inquisitor's most determined follow up.


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Those who fail their save against Mad Monkey distraction are nauseated AND deafened for 1 minute. Just so we all know how wonderful that spell is. Disarm/Steal attempt on Lady Wembley’s shield 1d20 + 8 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 7 = 24, hopefully that does it. To get it back, she needs to roll Disarm or Steal and beat a 25 CMD.

Thaegrin hears the pandemonium erupt without needing to see, and a smirk threatens to take his face. The soldiers have spread out, and a few of them are irritatingly too close to the wizard. However, there was little reason to worry, as he remains unseen. Knowing the value of misdirection, he plucks a scroll from his expansive collection, his last written word to bring Sergio to his side.

Not wanting to call attention to the spellcasting just yet, the old Feraweni instead activates the mask of the Silver Tabby, allowing him to see the battlefield free of illusion or guise.
Move: draw scroll. Standard: activate True Seeing from mask.

Now with a calm moment to think, Thaegrin recalls what he can of the Amerysi officer’s protocols.
Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30, is Amerys expecting a daily correspondence with the Iron Lord? Is it likely that someone of his rank used a ship to get to this island, or a teleportation spell? If teleportation, would Thaegrin know the name of such a mage? Old wizard has schemes afoot. Unfortunately, the Prayer spell is a “burst” emanation, so Thaegrin does not benefit due to lame stone walls :P

Shadow Lodge

Thaegrin:

Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but you know that, while teleportation is within the scope of reason, the Amerysi prefer ships. That being said, you did not see one in the harbor and the island seems too small to have more than one port. You do know that Amerys' de facto leader, The People's Commander Rudolph Hadrian, could easily serve as mentor and teacher to nearly all of the world's known wizards. Having only 2 real peers, some say Hadrian is the most powerful mage alive today. Others doubt the claim since Hadrian spends most of his time, energy, and resources on domestic improvement and military intelligence and gives hardly a thought for the more destructive aspects of magic. Amerys would expect regular contact with it's field captains, but probably not every day: unless something vital came up on either end.

And since I know you'll ask, the two peers are THE Silver Tabby, and a mysterious entity known only as R.R. :)

Thaegrin also knows:

Amerysi Leadership

The Will of the People - This is not a person, but a collection of people. This group consists of the local, elected, officials of each settlement of Amerys. When a vote is called, every citizen casts their lot in the commons of their respective towns and the elected officials, using magical means, deliver the consensus of the people to the delegates of Alisar.

The People's Commander Rudolph Hadrian - This man is the brain and heart behind the will. They say the People's Commander could turn slaver to democrat in less than 10 words. A brilliant tactician and a masterful courtier of morale.

Vice Admiral Jonathan Trinton - Trinton is the right foot in the ocean, the pride of the Amerysi Navy. An unrivaled seaman and fierce fighter on land or quarter deck, the Vice Admiral began his career in the military of Amerys during the downfall of the last king of Perdute (the former name of the country). Trinton distinguished himself as a ship's captain, but made his career when he discovered that the King's household was selling debtors, prisoners, and enemies of the state to the Thelkonlanders. Outraged, Trinton led the coup staged by Rudolph Hadrian and forged the Democracy of Amerys.

Major General Penelope Trimak - By the time her first service was over, Penelope Trimak had risen through the ranks for her intuition of enemies preferred tactics and her bold, decisive victories. She is the left foot on land.


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue HP: 54/64 AC: 25

Anga, from his place in the dark, summons the powers of the mask yet again. This time calling forth the voices of ghosts to incite panic amongst the ranks of newly freed slaves.

Cast Ghost sound on the group above where Anga hides. It sounds like scared people panicking at the onslaught of the warriors below. Misery and defeat in it's tone.

Stealth 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (1) + 27 = 28


Male
Defense:
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 19, hp 90, Fort +10, Ref +6 (+2 bonus vs. traps), Will +12; +4 vs. fey and plant-targeted effects
other:
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +16
Medium Monstrous Humanoid Lake Elran Druid, 8

Iskandarr bounds forward and attacks.
bite: 1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 19 + 1 = 28 for: 4d6 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 6) + 19 + 1 = 34
claw: 1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 19 + 1 = 33 for: 3d6 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (5, 2, 6) + 19 + 1 = 33
claw: 1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 19 + 1 = 26 for: 3d6 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (5, 6, 5) + 19 + 1 = 36

Shadow Lodge

Nothing to see:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

The slaves on the battlements above Anga slide toward panic before their sergeant barks them back on task. They and the other citizen-soldier crews begin the arduous task of reloading the great seige contraption.

The hooting monkeys rip the Lady Wembley's shield off her arm and draw a slight gasp from her.

Things:

1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

The Lady drops into a defensive position and concentrates hard. After a moment, the monkeys disappear in a howling poof leaving her shield and 4 of her men splayed out on the ground.

Iskandarr rips into two men as they paused to see what had happened to their comrades. The tiger left only a torn and bloody heap.

His head cocking toward his lady at her gasp, the Iron Lord steps back and swings hard at Iskandarr.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 for 3d6 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 2) + 9 + (3) = 21
Confirm 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 for 3d6 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 6) + 9 + (2) = 22

Using his borrowed feline grace, Iskandarr is able to skirm away from the worst of the blow, but the opening left allows the hulking warrior to pass by to stand before his lady. No AoO there.

The remaining squad fills in around Tholan both on and off the stage. They swing the swords at the oversized Thelkonlander.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Take 28 damage Tholan.

Michael shouts from the battlements again. "NOW BROTHERS! RUSH FORWARD AND DRIVE THE INTERLOPERS FROM OUR HOME!"

A great shout pours from the doorways of many of the nearby buildings, and large groups of citizen-soldiers rush out, eager for battle.

Two such groups charge the mighty Ezkal!
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The big man swats away well-aimed blows with a determination only the most dedicated of Gorum ever find.

Go go Gadget bad-guys.


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8 | HP: 33/93 | AC:25 T:13 F:23

As the first soldier strikes him, a shimmering pulse emanates from the band around Tholan's head. Activating Crown of Swords, immediate action. A shimmering longsword appears and begins to slash visciously at the soldier.

Magic Blade 1 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Magic Blade 1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Tholan steps so his back is to his brother, and swings his falchion at the nearest interlopers.

1st Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 for 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (4, 3) + 15 = 22
2nd Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 for 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (6, 1) + 15 = 22

Shadow Lodge

The soldiers demonstrate their excellent training as they not only withstand the Thelkonese onslaught, but weather it unscathed.


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Thaegrin frowns as Michael calls yet more damaged goods to battle, annoyed that he must change his plan. For a moment he considers sending Sergio after Lady Wembley’s shield, but concedes that the mindless servant would wink from existence before even reaching the end of the platform. Dropping the magical scroll would not do, either. With a reluctant arcane utterance, the wizard senses the conjured servant nearby.

“Follow.” He orders, not bothering to mask his irritation.

Turning indoors, he reaches the ladder climbed by the little man, and begins to pull himself up.
Standard to cast Unseen Servant. Move 20ft to where I’m guessing (?) the ladder inside to be. Thaegrin has 10ft of movement left, but I don’t know how ladder move speeds work vs. Climb checks. I’ll leave that up to DSP.
Stealth 1d20 + 8 + 20 - 10 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 20 - 10 = 24 (moving at full speed)

Question: I know the swarm type is immune to mind-affecting spells. Does that still apply to these "slave swarms" on DG?

Shadow Lodge

These swarms are not immune to mind-effecting. A ladder is 1/4 move speed. No climb checks required.


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz

HP and Armor:
70/83hp DR4

3/4 Determination left

AC 30, touch 19, flat-footed 22 (+9 armor, +4 Dex, +2 dodge, +3 deflection)

Ezkal, seeing Iskandarr getting flanked, steps to help him.

Five foot step, full attack, splitting swings between two wounded soldiers to the left of Iskandarr. Swing one at one soldier1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 192d8 + 19 + 3d6 ⇒ (1, 4) + 19 + (2, 3, 3) = 32 Intimidation 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
Swing two at 2nd soldier 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 232d8 + 19 + 3d6 ⇒ (7, 4) + 19 + (2, 3, 4) = 39 Intimidation 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32

1,701 to 1,744 of 1,744 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valcia - A Game of Intrigue, Trade, and Power All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2015 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.