Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Valcia

Game Master Darksmokepuncher

MAP


251 to 300 of 1,451 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Items are buried with Wraith. No way I'm boosting party wealth like that...


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

Probably shouldn't meta game and kill off characters. :) But if your gonna DM hammer it I would like to take the loot that he received during the course of the game.

Shadow Lodge

He hasn't received loot during the course of the game. This is starting gear and it will not be distributed. I am not killing off characters or DM Hammering. I am attempting to run encounters to the enemies fullest capability. This is the result of unsound tactics. Also, the GM is removed from the laws of "meta-gaming" else he would not know the arc of the story and thus there would be no game.

Now. What is the next move folks?


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

"Making camp here would be most unwise. Let us ride out the remainder of the day and rest. I am anxious to reach Veir, I would hate to have house interests unrepresented in council."


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

Tholan nods, going over to check the fallen Fowls to see if there is anything of significant value before mounting up and preparing to ride, his eyes open and constantly on alert.

Perception (looting)1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Perception (awareness during ride) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Shadow Lodge

Loot:

Cloak of Resistance +2 x 3
+1 Punching Dagger x 10
+1 Chain Shirt x 5
+1 Studded Leather x 7
MWK Throwing Axe x10
MWK Battle Axe x 7
MWK Longbow (STR 4) x 7

Everyone ok with Thaegrin's plan?


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

The aging wizard looks over the items left by the dead. “Hm.”
He stuffs a cloak and two punching daggers into his pack, and waits for the readiness of the rest of the party.
Took one +2 cloak of resistance, two +1 punching daggers.


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

The loot from the last boss? (Sunday, Oct 21,2012 9:58AM) Loot was given to the party I believe Amulet and Belt? And about the meta-gaming, David wanted a different character anyways... there is no shame in it. #WatchingYou

I agree, We have little choice in the matter. If we are running low on time I could always ride ahead. Not many can match my skill on horseback.

What color is the cloak of resistance? Can it be red please.


Male Tiefling Zen Archer Monk

I didn't want another character until after I got one shotted. But that's kinda what happens when you get one shotted due to someone charging 35 guys. I liked Wraith.


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

"Riding ahead alone would be an excellent way to be assassinated. Resilient though you are, caught alone and without aid you will die. We ride together."


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

"Agreed."

Bump.


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

Anga sits watching the discourse offering nothing. From his lack of movement you can tell he's of no mind to part ways with the group yet.

Sorry for delay, yeah I'm cool with this plan.


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

"Sometimes large risks must be taken. Not many can best me mounted it is far worth my life to for MY HOUSE to have a presence at the council. However, I prefer the safer plan."


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

“Contradictions aside, our time wastes. Let us make for Veir.”
The wizard urges his horse into a trot around the barrier and onward down the road.

Shadow Lodge

Two days finds your little band of dust sodden nobles and retainers in Veir. The streets of the capital are dark and dirty by the east gate. The buildings are close set and the inhabitants are as dingy and decrepit as the worn cobble stones.

As you worm your way up to the High Circle many of the city's denizens note your arrival: some with awe, some with something else...

Finally, after many hours of travel, you spot Villa Rudianos. The pink stone glows in the fading afternoon light and it is in that light you notice that something is indeed wrong.

The grand oaken gates to through the villa's outer walls hang shattered on battered hinges. Red graffiti depicts rude images of the defiler's limited esteem of the House Rudianos. It is clear that much of the wealth of this expansive manor has been swiftly carted away not more than 3 days ago. Survival or KN: Local to learn more. The DC is high...

A lone figure prowls the deserted foyer just inside the mansion proper.


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Kno: Local 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 durr...
Also, Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13, on the crowd reactions. More of pity or more of disgust?

The wizard studies the damage as he approaches, and then calmly tugs the reins to stop his mount thirty feet from the gate when he sees the mysterious figure. Thaegrin sighs impatiently, and mutters briefly before addressing the stranger before him. His hands flicker a silvery sheen.Preparing to cast Hold Person if he bolts or attacks.
“Stop. Identify yourself.”


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz

A ragtag band appears on the horizon, and Ezkal looks up from his investigations. One of the travelers looks familiar...

"Hail! Tholan! Brother! Is that you?" Ezkal waves to his kin.


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

Tholan's brow furrows as he hears the familiar voice, then raises as a grin spreads across his face. "I'll be damned. Ezkal, it has been far too long. What brings you to these parts?" Tholan spurs his mount forward, dismounting quickly to clasp forearms with his brother. "There is nothing to be concerned about Thaegrin, this is my brother. Well, his presence here means there may be some fair worry, but he is unlikely to be the cause."

Sense motive 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

loot for the boss has been added what about my claim for the Belt and Amulet. Lastly, My cape is DA red?

Jathus holds his horse at a slow pace, while the astonishment sets in. Jathus still angered by the offense makes eye contact but is at a lack for words. I need to send word, I doubt my father would care enough for daily letters. It is his fault that he hasn't instilled an iron fist into the slaveborn. This is not my path...

While the rest of the group began hello'ing each other Jathus dismounts, passing one his daggers to the prisoners. "Cut yourself free! As promised you are released. I will not report or aggres you in any way. If your looking for work, I'll provide a safe home for you and your families provided you swear loyalty, as well as if you have any information about the Fowls in the forest I will pay good coin for it. Otherwise make your exit, speak good of me for I wont speak of you at all."
He gave a passing nod for Helena to make sure their release went smoothly.

"Jathus Rudianos the Stormend, explain your presence here."Emotionless and still raw the death of Wraith still controls his mind.


Male Tiefling Zen Archer Monk

The belt and amulet were destroyed by the 1000 arrows that pierced wraith's body.


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz

"I was sent here by our household to discuss the release of Tholan from your care. I arrived here just a bit ago to discover Villa Rudianos in this state. Looking at the rubble, I've determined that two separate groups have been here. One group destroyed the villa but they left NO tracks. I have yet to determine how this is possible, but I know for sure I read the tracks correctly. The second group just came in to loot what was left. I had thought your group had already arrived and was pained to think my brother had died here." Ezkal said as he pointed out tracks to the others.


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Thaegrin eyes the brother suspiciously. Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

“I appreciate your insight on these vandals and thieves, Ezkal. I must ask that we table Tholan’s release for another time, as more pressing matters are at hand. Do not take offense at this; we are tired from a trying journey, and you find us ill-prepared for such a discussion.”

His gaze moves to the gate, to the villa foyer. “Did you search inside? Shall I assume the office was ravaged as well?”

As he waits for an answer, Thaegrin rummages though his pack for a couple scrolls rarely used, Prestidigitation and Mending. The court wizard quietly thinks back to remember what he can of Tholan and Ezkal’s Thane, the strength of his dominion and trade, and the terms of Tholan’s custody.
Kno: Nobility 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 Kno: History 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

Tholan motions for Thaegrin to pause when he sees a scroll of Mending. "That spell isn't worth wasting a scroll on. Tell me what you wish mended, and I will do so." He turns back to his brother, taking a quick glance around the rubble. "They left no tracks, you say. Did they leave any indications as to how the damage was inflicted?"


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz

I'll ask ryan when I get home or he can post it. I was on drugs last night so I only remember bits and pieces of what he said.


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz

"The damage was done by some unearthly means. If I didn't know that it was a group of men, I would have stated this was caused by natural disasters. Earthquake damage, tornado gale force winds and the like. As for the 4 thieves that came in after looting, it seems they knew exactly where everything was. I can make at three normal sized men, and one smaller creature, almost of childlike size." Ezkal explain. He turned to the Ferawen who had spoken.

"My apologies Ferawen. I haven't yet explored deeply into the buildings. I was still checking for signs of life and tracking."

As far as I know anyway, let Ryan edit as needed.


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

"So magic was used here. Unfortunate, that complicates matters. Is there any sign of which direction the thieves headed when they left? Your... skills may come in useful in prompting cooperation, brother. Surely someone must have seen who was here."


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz

"You remember the days where I practiced Confession on you do ya? Har har!" Ezkal bellowed as he gave Tholan a hefty smack on the back.


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

The wizard tucks away his scrolls as he listens to the brothers.
No tracks… earthquake, high winds…
“As touching as this reunion may be, daylight will be gone in a few hours, if you wished to pursue these looters.”

Kno: Nobility 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12, to remember which other houses might be on decent terms with House Rudianos.
“I would suggest someone to ask neighbors if any other houses have suffered similar crimes.”

Thaegrin urges his horse into the foyer, and dismounts. At a pace careful not to disturb anything just yet, he slowly makes his way around the wreckage with palms turned outward. He wears a sharp scowl in concentration. Cast Detect Magic. If strong magic was used here, would there still be residual auras, or has too much time passed?

After a thorough sweep of the courtyard, the old arcanist steps up to the mansion doors. He studies the door for a few minutes.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17, looking for traps, Detect Magic still in affect.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

Tholan grinned ruefully. "Yes I do. I've learned a few tricks of my own. House Rudianos has at least had the grace to teach me well in my chosen field." He moves to follow Thaegrin, looking to see if he can spot anything of note, and see if he can discern the strength of the spellcaster from the damage left in the enviroment. He also begins to search for any further signs of where the thieves may have entered or left.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Survival 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

See, now why can't I roll like that all the time?

Shadow Lodge

Common knowledge for Thaegrin, Jathus, Tholan, and Ezkal, everyone else roll kn: history and or nobility:

Thane Oltryg Sorensen controls port Iteon on the southern coast of Thelkon. His wealth is mostly in trade by sea and the insurance of ships.

20 years ago, Thane Sorensen declined to insure a ship bound for Erenon that was scheduled to carry a cargo of slaves for House Rudianos. He declined to insure because he knew the ship to be leaky. Instead he held back the shipment of slaves thinking to send them on a more seaworthy vessel. However, storms sprang up and the shipment was delayed 9 months. That missed year ended up costing House Rudianos untold thousands of gold since they could not fulfill their slave orders on schedule. That is one of the reasons House Rudianos is now a minor house.

To insure this never happened again, Lord Rudianos sent men to abscond with Thane Sorensen's oldest son. However, the men made a mistake and kidnapped Tholan, the Thane's younger child, instead.

Outraged, Thane Sorensen prepared his men for war. However, the manifestation of Tholan's powers was seen as a blessing on the Thane's house and the threat of House Rudianos killing such a sign of favor from the gods could not be ignored. Sorensen agreed to commit Tholan to the care of Lord Rudianos until such time as Tholan's father relinquishes control of the family holdings to his oldest son, Ezkal.

Shadow Lodge

More soon

Shadow Lodge

Thaegrin & Tholan:

You detect summoning magicsand the presence of the plane of earth.

Tholan:

You are able to find what Ezkal mentioned about the two groups with your survival check.

What is next?


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

How do the npcs act with my offer.


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz

Ezkal concentrates and focuses his attention on the ruins.

Casting Sift Perception1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

So then... Knowledge: Planes 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 to find out more about exactly what was here.


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

"I believe that once we have satisfied our interest in this rubble we should begin to question the locals. Both to discern their feelings toward us, and to see if we can get a better grasp on what has happened."

Sorry for double post, I'm just trying to make sure we don't get too bogged down :P


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

"I tend to agree." Jathus out of touch with his usual self the attack on the house had brought on his hatred for his father, and with the death of wraith he had no one to confide in.

My father brought this, he is laid back and distant from the troubles of the world. He cares not for diplomacy compaired to how much he cares for his food. He is far to greedy and obviously this is some sort of conspiracy against the house. In the manors defense we find it lacking. To attack a mans home is the same as to out right kill him. Someone will pay for this, just like the bastards in the Forrest. His brain was mashing many thoughts and feelings. Yet, his responses to the party were weak and obvious. He knew he needed to take his reigns back, but lacked the will.

"No matter the clues or cause we need to rebuild and take back what My House once was. This sort of attack and its pairing mockery will be sorted and there will be a just and swift punishment. For now, I am a target. These bastards were obviously going after me. I will heed your earlier words Thaegrin. My unrelentlessness must be compromised and I must adapt a safer approach. We must find out what we can about the attack from our sources, and we will need to remake the manor. Anga focus your efforts around questioning the populous, while Thaegrin and Tholan please explore and find out as much as you can about the actual attack."

"Ezkal, I promise that if you bare with me we will enter talks about your brother. He has saved my life and I value him greatly. "

Shadow Lodge

Without a word, only a nod, the former Fowls of Fairn Forest begin their service as members of House Rudianos. Immediately they begin to right the damages done.

Tholan, these were air and earth elementals. It could have been as few as 2 casters, as many as 8 to summon them.

Ezkal, you know what you knew already.

The villa is still perfectly inhabitable albeit less defensible than one might like. The kitchen is disheveled, but the accouterments needed to cook are present. Likewise, the are enough sleeping quarters to serve.

Likely choices as to what to do next are: Repairing the villa, gathering information about potential culprits, currying favor among the locals, going to council session.


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

Council Session how many days?


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Knowledge: Planes 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

“Arcane energies are manifested in several different paths. The type of magic used to cause this destruction point toward mages with a more naturalist approach to the higher mysteries. Of this sparse initial evidence, an estranged shaman of the wilds would be a likely culprit, but there is too little information for any conclusions.”
“And forgive me for saying so, Sir Jathus, but I would prioritize the safety of your older brother Drostan. I believe such investigation was tasked to the Halfblood. Given the disarray of this villa, it is possible those who did not leave tracks were your brother’s abductors, probably those sympathetic to the Fowls of the Forest. However, this is mostly conjecture.”

Thaegrin turns to enter the villa, but stops and adds, “Also, we must remember why we are in Veir. Sir Jathus, I will join you in council attendance tomorrow. For tonight, I require solitude for effective study.”
The wizard searches the mansion rooms and halls for evidence to this hypothesis. He also hopes to find an office relatively unmolested.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23, he is looking for a room that can be locked, preferably with a table for the purpose of scrying.


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

"I suspect that summoning of elementals played a substantial role in the destruction here. A group of men, somewhere between 2-8 of them were involved in the summoning. We would do well to be wary."

Shadow Lodge

Thaegrin finds what was obviously a study at one point. The shelves hold the remains of books, the are two work benches and a stout table. The intricate mithril lock has been destroyed, but not beyond repair.


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

"My priority is the council. My brother is lost, hopefully we will have more than a body to recover."


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

The wizard carries his pack into the former office, and takes a wide shallow bowl from the kitchen. On a loose sheet, he scrawls:
Enter at risk of transmutation into vermin. Do not disturb.

~Thaegrin Variel

He posts this on the outside of the door and closes it.

DSP:

Once inside, he draws the curtains on any windows, and leaves his bedroll over the space between the door and the floor. The scholar pushes the stout table up against the door. He looks about the room once more, to ensure he is alone.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

He searches his pack for the mandragora mixture, and pours it into the shallow bowl. Next, he retrieves from his pack a book, Follicles Folly, and turns to a page named “Bearach Rudianos”, and pulls a lock of hair secured to the page. On one of the workbenches, the arcanist hovers over the calming surface of the concoction. As he does this, a third incandescent eye opens on his forehead. With intricate gestures and mutterings, his fingers outline sigils that glimmer a deep chromatic blue. He ends his murmured incantations with, Beararch Rudianos

Fiercely pinching the lock of hair in one hand, he turns all three eyes to the pooled mixture in the bowl.
Cast Scrying. Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15, the third eye grants darkvision, +8 to notice invisible creatures, use of Detect Magic, and increases the Scrying duration to 8 minutes.
I had to go back and check the name, I think I got them mixed up earlier. Drostan, Bearach, whatever.

Shadow Lodge

Secrets:

1d20 + 7 - 10 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 10 = 14

Thaegrin:

Something is resisting your efforts to see. Make a caster check.


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 4 = 20 edit: I'm adding a Hero Point +4 to that.

Shadow Lodge

Thaegrin:

Something is definitely interfering with what should be a simple spell...


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

Tholan moves to examine the front gate to see whether it would be worth spending time Mending the gate. He also takes a look around to see if there are other obvious breaches around the compound, or if other defenses seem intact.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

DSP:
Thaegrin redoubles his focus once more, and again, but it becomes plain that divinations on the eldest Rudianos are obscured by those of the scholar’s craft. His glowing third eye closes. Muttering a curse, he returns the noble’s lock of hair to its page and puts away Follicles Folly.

Thaegrin drags away the table, shoulders his pack, and paces through the villa until he finds the Halfblood. He waits until the newly hired men are out of earshot, and quietly murmurs to Anga. “Something or someone inhibits my divinations to locate Bearach Rudianos. This lends to the possibility that he is alive, and hidden by a mage similar to my caliber.” the wizard’s voice rises to a more conversational tone, “I was eager to visit the market while daylight remains. I hoped you would be inclined to join me, if for no other reason than to enjoy a moment’s peace from the demands of the young lordling. You never know what the streets might tell you.”

Diplomacy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 heh, apt.

Thaegrin’s irregular business with Anga Facion gave him a vague idea of the Halfblood’s skill set, but he also sensed contempt for those gifted with long life. Given his silence for the last half of the journey, the wizard was also curious what this man of shadows might be thinking, if anything.


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz

Content that his portion of the investigation was over, Exkal finds a flat surface and settles down pulling out a blank scroll and his inkwell. Jotting down glyphs and words, he sets about working on scribing a scroll for future use.

Scribing scroll Litany of Defense

251 to 300 of 1,451 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valcia - A Game of Intrigue, Trade, and Power All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.