Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Valcia

Game Master Darksmokepuncher

MAP


2,001 to 2,034 of 2,034 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Anga Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Anga Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Anga Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Anga Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Anga spots a storm drain behind the shop and quietly slips into the dank dark. She quickly notices the "hidden" hatch, unlocks it, and slithers through. The smell of the shop hits him, but this is not the showroom. A small bed and dresser are all that furnish a room almost not big enough to contain the furniture. Anga located the hidden drawer in the molding around the dresser and slides it open. Inside lays a thin strongbox. The key slides in and the well oiled lock makes no sound. The box contains a modest ring of gold with a pitiful diamond set into it and two stacks of Amerysi bills totaling 2000 gp.


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue HP: 69/69 AC: 27

Taking care to not make any undue noise in the effort, Anga empties the box and secrets the money and ring away. She is careful to not touch the accessory directly, placing a scrap of cloth between her hands and the ring. Placing the key inside the now otherwise empty lock box, Facion closes it and returns everything else to how she found it before swiftly taking her exit, back outside.

At the soonest convenience he removes his disguise and adopts another, this time as an Ammyersi merchant, plump and jovial.

Disguise 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Making his ponderous way through the city streets, the modestly well to do trader seeks out those who may sell more circumspect items, those not common to typical business transactions.

Looking for two things, Gloves of Larceny and Burgler's Bracers.

Willing to roll play this bit, or just deduct the money from my char sheet.

Shadow Lodge

No need to role play shopping when the Tavern awaits :) You can find one or the other here, but not both.


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue HP: 69/69 AC: 27

Thanking the vendor Anga makes his way outside and surreptitiously slips the gloves onto his hands. Satisfied for now, the merchant of Amerys sets out to find his companions.

Would he be able to make it back before the dude starts yelling about Thelkonlanders? It would be great if Anga was just outside the pub when that happened...

Shadow Lodge

Sure.


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz | 93/93 | AC:30 T: 21 F: 24 (SOF)

Ezkal looks up from his drink he was nursing? "What say you?" he rumbled looking at the angry man. "But it was YOU who came to us looking to buy this sheep you had heard of! Said you needed a grand ol time since the missie had turned you down" he guffawed as he slapped Tholan on his back merrily.

Readying Hold Person if needed


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue HP: 69/69 AC: 27

The agent of Rudianos is just about to pass by yet another way house before he hears the tail end of a shouted insult. Followed quickly by a familiar voice returning in kind. Something just shy of a grin tugs at the half-blood's mouth as he ducks behind a waist-high-wall and once more changes his appearance.

Disguise (Thelkonland Scout) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

With the paints and odd bits of hair and even some fur he once took from an alley cat, Anga fashions himself into someone completely different than before.

Any careful observer would have seen an Amerysi tradesman duck down behind the wall, and a tall, somewhat rangy Thelkonland scout pop back out. Gray hood half-way pulled up and wild hair pointing in nearly every direction at once the man brusquely pushes into the bar and spots his comrades.

Newly muddied boots stop across the room until he reaches Ezkal and Tholan's table. Slapping each on the shoulder a big smile splits the scout's face as he bellows. "Ha! I'll give the Archards one thing, they sure charge a fair price for their brothels!" He tilts his head back in a bone rattling guffaw before snagging a half full flagon from a nearby patron and guzzling it down.

Waving one of the staff over he orders a round for his companions and one for the individual who's drink he just quaffed. Bemused and contented he surveys the room continuing his loud proclamation "And such beautiful women here!" His eyes lock on the square-jawed man "And some lovely men!" The Thelkonland scout winks and turns to accept his new beverage from the server before holding it aloft in silent toast to the Archard Islands.

Acting 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male
Defense:
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 19, hp 90, Fort +10, Ref +7 (+2 bonus vs. traps), Will +12; +4 vs. fey and plant-targeted effects
other:
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +16
Medium Monstrous Humanoid Lake Elran Druid, 9

Iskandarr, contented with his understanding of the city soars back to the area where he had last seen Thaegrin. Soaring above the buildings, he eventually spots Thaegrin outside a tavern. Swooping down into an alley near the tavern, he returns to human form once he is sure there is no one watching. Walking out from the alley, he approaches Thaegrin. "Finding groceries in this town is an interesting chore. Red onions seem more popular than aged and eggs appear to be in demand."

Hidden message:
The onion woman is involved with assassinations, unsure of anything else. It's easy to get involved with them, however.


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 9 | HP: 104/104 | +12/+5 2d4+13 | AC:24 T:13 F:22

Tholan grins at his brother, debating a further contribution regarding the importance of sheep to the man's immediate future, then pauses to look around the room and gauge the atmosphere. Sense Motive 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25.

Shadow Lodge

The scruffy patron brandishes a table knife at Ezkal. "Wot exactly 'r' you insinuatin' mate?" He briefly loses his focus on the Ordo Hereticus as a rangy Thelkonese scout enters blustering. When the scout winks, the square jawed antagonist explodes to his feet. [b]"F^ck these Thelkonese dogs! I want 'em out! It's 'ese type 'ere perpetuatin' the war innit!? Gettin' 'em gone 'd do a lot t'wards endin' the fightin' an' showin' Amerys that Archard is ready t'be incorporated! Who's wit' me!?"

Tholan, scans the faces in the crowd and finds at least half nodding along with the square jawed man. He also realizes that most of these people will have served or are waiting to serve in the Amerysi military.

Tholan also senses that the square jawed man is oversensitive regarding the Thelkonese themselves (some personal betrayal suffered?) and regarding the "lovely men" remark.

I'm pausing here to see if y'all will do anything in response before the tavern responds.


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz | 93/93 | AC:30 T: 21 F: 24 (SOF)

Diplomacy 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 Intimidate 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30 Sense Motive 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27

"So instead of talking to us about your concerns, you come to goad us? That war is over, there is no battle here, unless you have come asking for one. You come with insults, I replied with words in jest. But I sense something else is amiss. Come, sit and drink, what ails/ales you?"

Shadow Lodge

The man blinks stupidly at Ezkal's remarks. Before he can do anything about them a commanding voice sounds from the back of the tavern. "And who, exactly, says that war is over?"

The speaker is not immediately evident, but the crowd parts to reveal5 cloaked figures sitting at a round table, dice and drinks scattered on it's surface. The game continues uninterrupted and they seem intent on what they're doing.


Male Feraweni Wizard 9

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

The old Feraweni weighs his desire to step into the raucous and noisy tavern as he watches the passersby walk one way or another on the road. A portly tradesman unexpectedly ducks behind a low wall, perhaps snatching up a stray coin. But to his fascination, the person who rises is a tall, lanky Thelkon ranger. Thaegrin rolls his eyes as the master of disguise makes a show of throwing open the door and saunter inside. A ragged voice scrapes out bawdy boasts over the din of drinkers before the door bangs shut. He contently watches other people come and go along the road, still indecisive on joining the rough crowd.

When the man-beast appears next to him, Thaegrin glances at him and nods casually, as one acknowledges a new business partner.

“No matter where we go, we still find ourselves a stew,” the old traveller grins wryly.

After a pause, he changes the subject. “Have you happened to find a place our lot can stay in relative discretion? I would prefer to have our visit to this island go unnoticed.”

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14, can Thaegrin hear any of what is going on outside the tavern? If not, the Perception check is to notice any eavesdroppers on the exchange between Iskandarr and Thaegrin.

Shadow Lodge

Nobody is droppin' eaves on you and you can't hear inside the Tavern from the street, but, through the window, you can see the whole place go still in the general direction of the "three" Thelkonlanders.


Male
Defense:
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 19, hp 90, Fort +10, Ref +7 (+2 bonus vs. traps), Will +12; +4 vs. fey and plant-targeted effects
other:
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +16
Medium Monstrous Humanoid Lake Elran Druid, 9

Iskandarr shakes his head, "I have not, but I can look. I have a little bit of time before I go buy an onion."


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 9 | HP: 104/104 | +12/+5 2d4+13 | AC:24 T:13 F:22

Tholan smiles and gestures to the man to come closer. "Come now, we're not here to start a war. If you've fought with us before, you know that we're reavers. When we're looking for a war, we don't hang about in the tavern and chat with locals. Come, let me buy you a drink. There's more to the Thelkonlanders than battle." Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 He turns to the innkeeper. "The next round in here is on me."

Shadow Lodge

With no apparent signal, the dice and cups are swept aside. 4 of the figures rise from the now clear table and take up positions around the walls. The seated figure lowers his hood revealing short cropped black hair salted at the temples. A bushy mustache dominates his upper lip and droops around the corners of his mouth. He peers at you from beneath a shelf of brow where two huge, black caterpillar eyebrows hang lazily.

"I won't refuse your hospitality. Please, join me." The request somehow rings with command: like this man is not used to being denied.


Male Human Broquisitor of the Church of Gainz | 93/93 | AC:30 T: 21 F: 24 (SOF)

"Do you want some grub as well? Bartender! The finest haunch of meat you have for us! And whatever he wants to eat." Ezkal says nodding over to the seated figure as he wanders over.

"Will your companions be needed nourishment as well?"

Shadow Lodge

The man shakes his head slightly. His men do not move.

I need to know who sits down and where. Also, Iskandarr and Thaegrin are still outside yeah?


Male Feraweni Wizard 9

Thaegrin watches the tavern drama unfold from the street, without the privilege of the dialogue. His brow creases slightly at the man-beast’s night-time activities, but says nothing, assuming Iskandarr would at least consider the wizard’s preference for discretion.

His far-off stare breaks and he nods up at the tall woodsman. “Of course. If you can be troubled to find a place, that would be most helpful. Alternatively, our camouflage might be best found among the crowds, so I shall inquire there for the more common places on the island. I will wait for you here.”

And if need be, I'll keep an eye on our reavers…

Thaegrin stoops forward and hobbles on toward the tavern door. Halfway across the road, he recites an incantation. Nothing around him changes. Suddenly he stumbles forward, and slowly he uses his aching joints to right himself again. Passersby might notice the old traveler dust himself off, though in truth the dirt of the road remains on his clothes. He adjusts the round grey brim of his pointed hat lower, and pulls the hem of his cloak closer around his thin frame. He sputters at the embarrassment and continues on his way. He keep his head down as he slowly pushes open the door, looking as like an old traveler beaten by a long day of walking. He pretends not to notice how strangely quiet it is in the tavern, but already his mind buzzes with a thousand thoughts.

Not all of them are his own.

Cast Detect Thoughts, Will DC 19. Intended to cast it so that the incantation wouldn’t be heard by the tavern patrons, and so that the third round of the spell would already be in effect. Cone is directed over the important looking man and his lackeys, and maybe the bartender too if possible.

Shadow Lodge

Thaegrin:

There are close to 50 people in here, so Ill not give you EVERY int score :P

Bartender = "Please take it outside." "Who is that man?" INT SCORE = 13

The men with "the important man" = "Easy...easy." INT SCORE = 13

The square jawed man (he was only in your cone round 2) INT SCORE = 10

The important man = "That's right. The Mimic is here to embrace you. Sit down, and we'll let the game unfold." INT SCORE = 17


Male Feraweni Wizard 9

DSP:

Is the bartender's "who is that man?" directed at Thaegrin?

Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28, who is the Mimic? What's that all about?

The old man glances up from his downcast entry. His face is long with weary, and his eyes are tired and dull. Paying the men around the table little heed, he follows the wall, hobbling around the edge of the crowd to find an open seat near the fire. He apologizes for nearly bumping into a patron, for his gait is unsteady and slow. As he settles in, he tries not to disturb his neighbors, mumbling "excuse me" and "begging your pardon". The wizard is careful to choose a chair from which he can continue to monitor the minds of this "Mimic" and his men.

"Please," he gasps to a barmaid, "Just water for now. I am so tired."

The old traveler holds up a bit of copper for her trouble. When she departs, his grimy fingers rub his temples.

Continuing to concentrate on Detect Thoughts.

Shadow Lodge

Thaegrin:

It's directed at "the Mimic." "The Mimic" is short for "the Mimic Octocus." This man is head of the Amerysi Society Against Subverted Truth (SAST) which is very much like the Gestapo. He is known for operating in whichever way is most likely to earn his victims trust or keep himself safest. It is said that he always gets the story.

Nothing new yet as no one else has acted.

Shadow Lodge

"I will have fish." The cloaked man says the the barmaid: his voice is soft and calm. "Crispy, with burnt bacon with a sweet roll on the side. My men are content to wait." He does not glance at his men, nor does he break eye contact with Ezkal. "So! Tell me, my convivial sons of Thelkon, what brings you so far south in so few number?"


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 9 | HP: 104/104 | +12/+5 2d4+13 | AC:24 T:13 F:22

Tholan chuckles to himself with a smile and a little shake of his head. "I've seen enough battle to last most men a lifetime. The differences between Amerys and Thelkonland pique my curiosity. It occurs to me that there might be more to life for the Thelkonese than just battle." Tholan raises a mug to his mouth and takes a deep drink before continuing. "Though don't tell any other Thelkonlanders that I said as much."

Tholan shrugs and stretches, muscles rippling beneath his skin as his joints crackle and pop, cloudy eyes wandering around the room. "I suppose it's a sort of scouting, though I'm not here to find battle. I'm more interested in the knowledge there is to be gained here."

Shadow Lodge

The man claps excitedly. "Ha! So you're ambassadors! After our meal I shall present you to the Magistrate myself if you wish. Now, tell me, how do you find our culture: be honest."


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 9 | HP: 104/104 | +12/+5 2d4+13 | AC:24 T:13 F:22

Tholan is slightly taken aback for a moment, then laughs. "Your culture is fascinating. Certainly far quieter than I am used to, but that's not bad. Very different from home. Your people are welcoming,
though I will say that my... stature seems to earn a little more status back home,
" He finishes with a wide grin. His grin then shifts, becoming rueful. "I'm not here in an official capacity, I'm afraid. I'd certainly be happy to speak to the Magistrate, but I'm not in a position to negotiate. This trip wasn't exactly sanctioned by the Thelkonese government, such as it is." Diplomacy to try to smooth out any misunderstanding or offense 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Male Feraweni Wizard 9

Still concentrating on Detect Thoughts.

Thaegrin quietly nurses his water cup by the fire. He wears an exhausted, satisfied look as he casually scans the tavern and its patrons. He says nothing and keeps to himself.
Stealth? 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Sense Motive 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17, Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30, checking to see if anyone is paying attention to Thaegrin. He's trying to go unseen.

Shadow Lodge

The man furrows his brows in mock confusion. "I do not understand. You are not here to fight, but you are scouting for knowledge. Your mission is unsanctioned and you do not have the power to offer or accept terms. Moreover, you claim that the war between Thelkon and Amerys is ending." He leans in whispering. "That's really where you blundered. You see, no one knows that as yet." He sits back up. "So! It would seem you are not ambassadors after all." He raises his voice to cut across the chatter in the room. "It seems to me that the word that best describes you three is SPIES"

One of his eyebrows raises in amusement as most every face present turns to scrutinize the Thelkonlanders. Hostility roils around them all like thunder yet to be unleashed.

Thaegrin:

Thaegrin is certainly not the subject of any attention currently.

I'm not sure what else to tell Thaegrin. The man is clearly suspicious, knows more than most, and believes he has caught some spies. He is amused by the banter and how easily he is able to use the Thelkon's words against them. He has every intention of arresting the three "brothers." He is weighing whether or not to let the crowd beat them first. He only hesitates because he's unsure he could make sure they don't die. He wants to execute them publicly.


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 9 | HP: 104/104 | +12/+5 2d4+13 | AC:24 T:13 F:22

Tholan's eyebrows raise into his hairline, genuinely surprised. "The war is ending? This is news to me, and I'm glad to hear it. I meant that I think my people should look to a future with more than just reaving." Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29. Tholan is clearly on edge now, ready to defend himself, but does not adopt a hostile posture. "When I say unsanctioned, I mean that no one in Thelkon knows I'm here. I'm here to learn, and not about fortifications and defenses." Shaking his head, Tholan sighs to himself muttering, "I knew they'd jump to conclusions but this is ridiculous."


Male Feraweni Wizard 9

This Mimic has no patience. He does not know how to savor the game. Thaegrin closes his eyes to keep from rolling them. Sometimes, the Thelkonlanders were adept at finding trouble. In this case, the trouble found them. The court wizard masks mild surprise when Tholan makes a peaceful response, and he realizes the wisdom the Drolleye has learned in his adventures.

Knowing the crowd is always a valuable skill to learn, Thaegrin knew this before he even purchased his freedom. He scans the people now, looking for any variation in garb or skin tone that might indicate origins other than Amerys.
Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14, looking for other non-Amerys peoples in this tavern. If there are any, how many? Any other Feraweni? Erenese? Isterothi? Ached Island natives? (tieflings, right?) Hoping to get another action in before the Mimic responds to Tholan.

Detect Thoughts is still active. What are the Mimic's men thinking? The bartender?

Shadow Lodge

Nothing to see here.:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Thaegrin:

The Mimic and 2 or his men are highly suspicious of Tholan, but seem to believe him. The other two are thinking of food and beer.

Thaegrin thinks he spies a pair of Isterothi men sitting in the corner closest to the exit, but their hoods are up and there is a haze about them from the long pipes they smoke.

The bartender is praying for no bloodshed, but his hand is blindly groping for the crossbow that he can't remember if he loaded or not...


Male Feraweni Wizard 9

Sharp laughter breaks out over the tense silence. The old, stooped Feraweni claps his hands happily.
“Bravo!” he gestures to the foreigners and the mustachioed man, “Bravo! The cleverest comedy I’ve seen in years!”

Throwing his head back in laughter, he nudges the patron beside him, expecting to receive affirmation in the mirth. But instead he finds a face of perplexion.

“Oh,” he holds his sides, catching his breath to explain the performance. He points to the Mimic, allowing his explanation to carry a bit further than to just the people surrounding him. “You see, the mustache and his lumpers are here looking for spies. And in blunder the loud foreigners,” he gestures to the three Thelkonlanders. “Who say they are visiting. A shabby disguise for spies, wouldn’t you say?” Thaegrin laughs and again nudges the bloke beside him, hoping to at least coax a smile from the fellow.
Diplomacy 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Also the patron must make a Will save DC 21 or be charmed for 4 rounds. Used Beguiling Touch.

“And yet!” he recovers from his guffaw and continues in his stage voice. “The mustache takes the bait! The big hairy smelly bait, he bites right into it! The joke here is, the spy-seekers bumbled into the most obvious targets, forgetting the fact that spies would not show up on foreign shores and announce themselves as spies! Is that not hilarious?”
The bartender needs to make a Will save DC 20 or succumb to Hideous Laughter.

“Bravo! Hahaha! Clever! Topical! Well played!” he claps to the Mimic and his troupe of dupes, indicating to those around him that these clowns deserve their applause.
Sense Motive 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15, not sure if Thaegrin had to break concentration of Detect Thoughts to speak like this. If it does, this roll is to read the Mimic and his men.

The old traveler falls back into laughter, slapping his knee.
Diplomacy 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22, you know how people will laugh when they don’t get a joke, just to fit in? That’s what Thaegrin is hoping to accomplish. He wants the Mimic and his goons to be the butt of this “joke”, and to laugh them right out of the bar.

Shadow Lodge

The hall grows still before the gout of laughter from the old Farenweni. Nervous titters follow from most, but the man nearest Thaegrin joins with the old man to taunt to Mimic, laughing loudly. "Knobbed it up, innit my son!?"

The Mimic looks nonplussed, then embarrassed and angry. His men, hands on weapons, look nervously from the crowd to their commander, unsure what comes next.

The Mimic stands, eyes locked on Thaegrin. "You dare to mock me? Have you any idea to whom you speak?" His eyebrows quirk up in pleasant surprise. "You are one of the long-lived. Are you not a foreigner yourself? Perhaps you too are a spy?"

Thaegrin:

I'm not sure about the concentration thing, so I'll allow it for now as I can't see what it hurts.

The Mimic is trying to save face and using his reputation, experience, and menace to carry through the blunder. He's thinking he'll just arrest people until everyone else takes him seriously.

His men are battle hardened and ready for anything, but there is some fear. It seems they think the Mimic can be a bit unhinged and they worry what atrocities they may have to endure or commit in their service to this man.

2,001 to 2,034 of 2,034 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valcia - A Game of Intrigue, Trade, and Power All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.