Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Valcia

Game Master Darksmokepuncher

MAP


101 to 150 of 1,452 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Thaegrin, read Tholan's spoiler. Wraith read Tholan's and this!

Wraith:

The men are checking the paths between shadows. making sure they are close enough together and visible from one to another. It is clear that something is meant to move from shadow to shadow.


Male Tiefling Zen Archer Monk

"Hmmm..."

Jathus:
It seems the men are measuring the distances between shadows... It is clear that something is meant to move from shadow to shadow, perhaps a shadow dancer or fiend?


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

Sorry! My heads-up wasn't working, didn't see the posts.

Anga watches the morning preparations with interest. Slowly guiding his whetstone over the edge of his sword.

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Sense Motive 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Thaegrin watches until he sees Sir Jathus, Anga, Wraith, and Tholan apart from the others. He makes a casual approach to the group. “If you are indeed going on a hunt, let me share with you something I read...” the Faraweni lets his voice lower as he steps closer to the lordling, out of earshot of the suspected twelve.
“I have reason to believe these imposters are preparing for the arrival of Black Moon. If you feel we are outmatched, I suggest you continue the ruse of hunting, and we five, plus a few loyal guards, ride for Vier immediately. But if lingering to face this menace is your decision, I can try to confuse and confound our foes. Keep in mind, this insurrectionist knew of our journey, and likely intends to kill or ransom you. Simply leaving will deny him this.”


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

"My friends stay close, we're probably going to need to fight our way out of this. I fear for my life not by the hands of death by being another one of my fathers disappointing sons. They are preparing, and I say before they are finished we stop them. Wraith, and Helena will go to the sergeant and have him round up his men. Only the men he has commanded before, only the ones he trusts. From their follow my lead."

After Wraith leaves, Jathus turns to his wizard companion. "You know and understand my father far better then I, but I know mention of me fleeing will cripple any favor I have with him. You are wiser then my thoughts allow. I appreciate your conviction in my council which is why I am confronting you with mine."

Assuming everyone does what they are told... five minutes latter.

"Alright then," the knight yells out loudly attempting to get the attention of the camp. "Men among us are not of my blood, nor my land. I believe you insurgences looking to route me for some ransom! THIS will not happen. Lucky for the men out there of weakness, I am a kind noble. I understand times are tough and lack of coin can make younglings bellies absent of food. Trust me in this I mean no ill will as until this point I have not been treated with such. With Wraith will be collecting your weapons and the Sergeant will be detaining you. Some may ask which of us is you! If you are a man that declined my invitation to go hunting you and your weapons will be detained. Lastly, unconditional surrender I grant thee a pardon."

I wish to attempt a diplomacy roll in order to push +1 on the track, the second roll will for me to (push) them into doing what I want.

Anyone that declined the offer to hunt will be targeted, everyone is targeted for the dip roll!+4 for honor in all things

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 +1 If they can be attracted to Jathus
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 +1 If they can be attracted to Jathus


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

...
...
...
Jathus DOES realize that only 3 soldiers are (maybe) on our side? ALL THE OTHER soldiers are enemies...

Not even mentioning any allies they may have waiting nearby, the ones they've been stealing food for, potentially including Black Moon, an enemy of unknown level and capabilities...


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

There is an audible smack as Tholan's palm hits his face. Regaining his composure after a moment, his hands immediately move to his weapons and he moves to put himself between Thaegrin and the bulk of their foes. "[bold]You must be joking,[/bold]" he mutters under his breath, as he readies himself for the combat which now seems inevitable.


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

Facion stops with the stone half-way down the blade. His face betrays nothing but his eyes flick from his master's youngest son to the group of unknowns gathered in the camp. Quickly and quietly he stows both the whetstone and his rapier and smoothly rises to his feet.

Slight of Hand 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Glancing over at the wizard and the House's young ward the keeper of secrets checks the harness and saddle on his horse to ensure that everything is in it's place and ready to go.


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Muttering a curse, the aged Faraweni steps back and plucks a scroll of Unseen Servant as the guardsmen process the words of their liege. His empty hand flickers a brief silver point of light between his clutched rigid fingers as he brings to mind the studies of the day.
"Not the wisest or tactful approach. A clever mind never stops learning, Sir Jathus-"

He halts from muttering more when he notices the Halfblood's eyes. He considers the position of the tent shadows, the impostors, and the horses. The wizard watches the reactions of the addressed men, tipping on the decision of fight or flight.

Tactical map?

Shadow Lodge

At Jathus' proclamation, the camp falls still. Many exchange unsure glances with each other. Finally, one of the impostors steps forward throwing down the cloak and tunic of house Rudianos. He stands in the center of camp wearing a quilted leather jerkin over boiled leather and ring mail. On his chest is emblazoned a crude depiction of a new moon: the thin sliver of white barely visible in the black of the jerkin.

"We accept your offer of clemency, Lord Jathus. We surrender unconditionally."

He throws his weapons to the ground and drops to his knees. Suddenly, others follow suit, and before long, 16 of the 20 men sent with you from Lehrehn are kneeling: unarmed.

What do you do. Take some time in the discussion thread to talk it out if your characters don't want to say anything yet. One way or another, when you're all ready, let me know the team's next move.


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7, on the first that spoke.


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

Likewise Sense Motive 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 on all who are surrendering.


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 to see if anything is happening outside the camp that shouldn't be

Shadow Lodge

They seem to be sincere in their surrender. They are wholly unbothered by being found out and show no desire to fight.


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

"Anga will you secure the weapons. Helena and Wraith take an inventory of our rope on hand, and begin tying the prisoners."

"You are under my personal protection until you are released." Jathus points to the man the knelt first,"Come with me." He glanced at Thaegrin and Tholan giving them a nod to follow.

OOC: IF he does come please continue.

Jathus escorts the man "I give you my word again that I will not harm you for any past transgressions. Who have you been commissioned by? What do you know of the sigil etched into your leather? Why did you yield to me?"

Shadow Lodge

The man answers with an even voice, no emotion showing on his face.

"We were Blackmoon's men. The symbol is his, and we yielded because those were his orders. He said if we were discovered to surrender so as not to cheapen his victory by bloodying you before he could."


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

After following Jathus and listening to the man's words, Tholan's expression darkens. "[bold]This is not a good omen. We should exercise extreme caution.[/bold]" His mind races as he considers the options. He decides to hold his tongue and not offer any further council until after they reach a more private place.


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

Watching the enemy soldiers surrender, Anga motions for the servants to collect the weapons. "When you're done with that, move the wagons. Arrange them in a circle pattern around the main camp. Remove anything that could cast a shadow to the best of your abilities, where impossible place torches and lamps. Keep them lit."

Looking around the area Facion checks for any trees or deadfall, or any large amounts of flammable material.

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

"Are you a zealot for him or do you still have use of free will?"

Shadow Lodge

It will take 1 hour for your remaining men to remove all the shades and light torches.

"I follow strength. I have seen no living man face Black Moon and live. You have , maybe 30 minutes before the sun sets. You have no chance..."


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

"Your so absolute, follow what you will. You lack the ability to live, your just a sheep waiting for the next man to lead you. Do you not have family, is there something more to you then a bandit? I think if not you'd be a sad lonely man."


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

Was there any material? Trees and whatnot?

Shadow Lodge

I'm not sure what you're asking Anga?

His voice is calm, but his eyes are full of poison.

"I follow what I choose; I am no sheep. I do have a family. I have a wife who was captured by Thelkonese raiders while bathing or infant daughter in the Elryn Sea. I found the babe drowned and tracked my wife to a pleasure house of the Rudianos. I follow Black Moon because he gives me access to the gold I need to free my wife."


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

Any trees or deadfall, or any large amounts of flammable material. Things that could be set ablaze.

Anga steps from around the corner and locks eyes with the sellsword. "So it's a matter of money? To free your wife?" The keeper of secrets glances from the man to the group of prisoners. "Is it a similar story for that lot?" His face stays the same, but his eyes flick back to the man in front of him. "If we could guarantee you the money to buy your wife, or otherwise secure her freedom. Would that interest you?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Thaegrin returns the scroll to his pack and quietly watches the exchange between Sir Jathus and the surrendered speaker. Something was not right here, though he failed to recognize what exactly bothered him. Like as not, he would discover the elusive problem too late. Hopefully, it was nothing his contingencies could not handle. He nonchalantly removes a scroll of Phantasmal Killer from a scroll case as he listens for the reply of this Fowl of the Forest. The old wizard glances over the shadows being dismantled by the servants, curious if the brigand leader was already among them. Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Derp.

Shadow Lodge

There are enough materials for several small fires. Intelligence and Wisdom checks please.

The man turns to Anga. "I cannot speak for the others, but I know most of the Fowls had some hard times. Your offer, intriguing as it is, is too little, too late. You will not live to see tomorrow, and so your promises are wind. If it is any consolation, I wish it were not so."

He stares ahead blank-faced: resigned.
______

Thaegrin scans the 4 men taking down the shelters and cannot decide if they are the same four or not.


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

Intelligence 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Wisdom 1d20 ⇒ 12


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Thaegrin breaks his silence. "Did this Black Moon know of our journey, or did your group simply find us in your flight from Sir Drostan's purge of the Fairn Forest? Are these sixteen and Black Moon the remnant of the Fowls of the Forest?"
He watches the Fowl carefully, weighing the words spoken thus far. Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Dammit.

Intelligence 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Wisdom 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

"I have a proposition for you and your band, I'll pay 50 gold per person to stand with me against this Black Moon fellow. That would be more then what your life is worth. If we succeed then you can continue your service with us despite your previous actions if you so choose. To sweeten the pot I will personally see to the acquisition of your wife and her freedom if you and the men stand with us." He looks at the man with his hand out ready to shake,"Your wife's freedom, a sign on bonus, and a stable source of income, sounds like just the thing you need to start your family again."

I am using diplomacy to push the idea of him helping us, I figure such a large pay out might grant extra bonuses.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Sczarni

Male Human

The captive looks to the wizard.

"We intercepted the missive sent to House Rudianos from Sir Drostan. Black Moon decided to let the letter through. He said it would more fun if you knew he was coming."

The man smiles at Jathus' words.

"Your offer is generous Lord Jathus, but gold is useless when you are dead. I fear Black Moon infinitely more than you, sir. For my part, I will not fight against you and will encourage the men to do the same. However, that is as far as an alliance can go. I am sorry."

Anga and Thaegrin:

Fires cast shadows unless you can get one big enough to throw off enough light.

Thaegrin Only:

Best bet is to be inside a big tent with a good fire or to make one massive fire and stay in the light, away from the edges. That's your best chance. How much of a chance? Hard to say...


Male Tiefling Zen Archer Monk

"Jathus, you need an area of light with no shadows. Let us make a bonfire, and then space torches 10 ft out at every 5 ft. There will be no shadows cast in the interior of the circle. If you are to be in the middle, no shadow creature can approach without our notice."

So I just chatted with Ryan about this idea and he told me that's exactly what he just posted to you Isaac. LOL.


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

"Well then, I need not cowards. Do as you please when you are released."

"Aye, good Idea Wraith."


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

Tholan nodded at Wraith's advice, and moved to help get the light spread. As he passed the captive, he said, "I understand your fear and pain. I do not fault you for it, though I do ask that if you will not help us, you at least stand far enough clear that you do not hinder us" With a smile and a nod to the man, Tholan quickly began gathering the necessary supplies, moving to light torches with a murmur and a spark.

Do you want me to roll on casting spark, or can we just assume that it's going to work?

Shadow Lodge

Spark will work.

As the last of the sun fades behind the horizon, the last of the torches are lit.

One of the remaining, loyal guards looks to Jathus. "Now we simply wait. Do not worry milord; we will protect you."


Helena unlimbers her shield and loosens her sword in its scabbard.

"We are with you Lord Jathus."

Shadow Lodge

MAP is up.

The darkness of evening deepens faster than usual for this season, and an eerie calm settles over the area.

Perception checks...


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

Facion places a hand on the hilt of his rapier as he looks around the edges of the firelight, and further into the deepening gloom.

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Plus low-light vision?


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Also, darkvision to 60ft.


Male Tiefling Zen Archer Monk

Perception with darkvision 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 Wraith stands with bow drawn, and arrow notched, waiting... listening.


Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Shadow Lodge

Jathus Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Eyes peeled, everyone waits in the gathering darkness.

Horrible things that no one should look at.:

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 for 1d6 + 11 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 11 + (1, 6) = 24

1d6 ⇒ 1

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 1d4 ⇒ 2

Suddenly a pale green flash slices through the stillness. Wraith is ready and looses an arrow toward it...

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 for 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

...but the target proves too small and the arrow sails into the night.

The guard beside Anga grunts as hot blood spurts black from an artery in his leg. He staggers to a knee and regains his breath for a moment. Then, all of a sudden, he goes limp and collapses. Dead.

Anga, Thaegrin, and Wraith:

You spot a form behind the green flash that appears for no more than a second before it is gone.

When the man falls, you notice something of a different viscosity that blood around the cut on his leg. It smells foul.

Anga only:

You recognize poison anywhere. If only you knew what type...


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

Facion drops to one knee next to the dead man drawing his rapier in the process. Using the tip of his blade he examines the wound, determining what kind of weapon it came from.

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Was it a slash, puncture, ranged weapon like a dart or arrow?

Rubbing the tip of his blade in the thick fluid around the wound he attempts to get as heavy a coating on the sword tip as possible. Bringing it up he examines the foul ichor trying to determine it's origin and type.

Profession (Spy) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Knowledge (Local) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

DSP:
Any possibility of having the tip of Anga's sword be poisoned now? Tried to recycle as much of the stuff as possible.


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

Tholan curses, dropping to a crouch as the flash comes through, his falchion in his hand, and runs through a list of spells in his mind. He quickly settles upon entropic shield. He glances around the party to check if anyone other than the guard has been injured, and not seeing any injuries, prepares to cast.


Male Tiefling Zen Archer Monk

Ryan, why would you only shoot once with Wraith instead of flurry...?


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

The wizard sighs. “It seems our guest is arrived.”
He signs an unusual pattern with one hand before using that palm to cover his eyes for a moment. When he removes his hand, and his deep blue pupils are changed to a chromatic forest green. Cast See Invisibility.

He scans the room with new eyes. Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Shadow Lodge

Anga,it was a slash. Sorry, it takes craft: alchemy to identify poison. And no, you cannot reuse poison.

Thaegrin:

Thaegrin scans the area and spots a dark skinned man in pale grey clothes. He holds a blade of pale green glass. His eyes catch Thaegrins and he smiles as he draws a charcol finger across his throat.


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

“There,” the wizard points, “Right beside that fire, on the side closest to me. There stands a murderer, liar, thief, coward, and speaker whilst in attending theatre! He hides, for the shame of a lifetime of wrongs is too great!”
Cast Terrible Remorse. Will save DC 22, success partial.

Thaegrin’s pointed finger takes a silvery sheen for just a moment as he mutters beneath his breath. Suddenly, he takes several urgent steps toward Wraith, his robe flapping at his feet. Move 15 feet.

I tried to be specific enough so they would know what square he is in.


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

Craft (Alchemy) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Great, there goes my 20.

Facion turn to face where the wizard pointed. Speaking calmly and quickly to his companions he strains his eyes looking for their assailant. "Slash wound from a blade, probably sword or dagger. Impressive poison, not sure what it is, nearly instantly fatal, avoid melee."

Watching the smoke from the many fires he attempts to see any displacement of smoke around chest height. "Not visible, but apparently not in the shadows either, so using magic or witching of some sort to appear invisible, though not incorporeal as he most certainly can fight. Consequence; the fires are not helping us other than providing a possible hindrance to his movement." His face remaining impartial he stops and considers a moment.

"Briefly visible when attacking, that should narrow his method of remaining unseen down a bit. Master Variel do you have knowledge on what could be used for such an effect?" Not waiting for a reply he continues with his analysis. "Recommended course of action; Wizard, get your back to the fire and keep spotting his location for us. Guards, protect Master Variel. Others, ranged options are best, stay near the fire to cut off his range of movement."

The diatrade finally subsiding the teller of tales turns towards the terror of a man. "And you," Lifting his rapier he points it as directly as he can towards where Theagrin indicated. "I'm afraid the doom of the Black Moon will be met this night." Faster than the eye can follow Facion brings his blade down and around his body. It's tip nips and bites from the fire behind him to the empty air before. The mithril blade shining and glinting in the reflected light of so many fires.

Dazzling Display using a Hero Point.
Intimidate 1d20 + 6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 8 + 1 = 25

Perception to try to use the smoke trick. 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

For the first time this evening Facion's face takes on something akin to an expression, one of pity as he faces the invisible man before them. Quietly he tells him, "Reveal yourself, that you may die with honor."

What type of roll would it be to know how Moon is invisible?


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

Jathus with shield drawn moves to the position pointed by Thaegrin. "Fall in behind Helena"

Perception:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

101 to 150 of 1,452 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valcia - A Game of Intrigue, Trade, and Power All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.