Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Valcia

Game Master Darksmokepuncher

MAP


51 to 100 of 1,542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

"Thank you Thaegrin, I have little grasp of the magics. One must be clear and specific when addressing me on those matters due to own ignorance."

OOC: /traveling


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

(my own ignorance)

Shadow Lodge

Will Post the next thing tonight.

Shadow Lodge

In camp on the 3rd night. The cook comes before Jathus and his companions.

At first the man stands wringing his cap in hand. When he finally does talk, his words spray out like the message would be less damaging if said quickly.

"Sir, I don' mean t'intrude, but someone been raidin' our supplies. I'm 'fraid I didn't notice for I weren't cuttin' into the flour as yet. T'day I did though and I seen that we was 5 days short. I took measure of our provisions and I'll need to take us to marchin' rations to get us to Veir. Then we'll have to buy more food. I'm terrible sorry milord. I weren't slackin' m'post, I just hadn't use t'flour as yet."

He waits for a response, obviously nervous as to how his liege will react.


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

"Unacceptable, you are bound to shackles for the rest of the trip." Jathus keeps his stern face for about twenty seconds before laughing. "Aye its no joke but, do not fret. You wont be hanged your pay wont be docked."

Jathus stands and moves to his men, "Men, someone or something has been pillaging our supplies. I do not accept that one of you is the pirate, nor do I think that its an animal. Captain, I want five of your men to be assigned to our supplies, rotating shifts with one constantly guarding the supplies." Jathus pauses before speaking again. [b]"Secondly, If there is a stowaway I will offer a single pardon." Jathus continues with higher volume,"If the looter will turn himself in now, at this moment, I will not charge that person with a crime. I will even offer to take personal charge of the intruder, getting them safely to Veir."

The lordling waited for the response from his invisible, and possibly nonexistent stowaway.

Diplomacy+Honor
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25 +1 if the target could find Jathus attractive. [d20+13+(1=fashionable)]


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

Facion watches the interaction from just beyond the fire-lights reach. He takes special note to see the soldiers reactions to Stormends declaration.

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Profession (Spy)? 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Spy to see if anybody fidgets or acts weird I guess?


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Thaegrin holds back a guffaw at the knight’s sentence, and then turns an inquisitive stare to the troubled chef. “Master Chef, are there any other missing ingredients, or was flour the only supply raided?”

The wizard’s glance flits from the Man Who Never Sleeps, to the Drolleye, and to the Halfblood. None of them would have a reason to filch. Well, to be fair, the Thelkon wouldn’t need one…
Not sure if Sense Motive is necessary against other PCs. Just in case: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Thaegrin returns his gaze to the nervous cook, waiting for an answer.


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

Tholan languidly stretched, listening to the conversation while idly playing with his dagger. He paused for a moment to study the cook, trying to gauge if he was telling the truth. He leaned toward Thaegrin, whispering a thought in his ear, a little wry smile on his lips.

Thaegrin:
"One is tempted to use magic to draw the truth out... Shall I conjure a Zone of Truth to see where people stand?"

Sense Motive on the Cook 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

The wizard shrugs, and discreetly mutters back. “Se voi olla nopein loppumaan farssi.”

Bluff 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28, to pass the message to only Tholan.

I used Finnish as Thelkonese, if that is acceptable.

Thelkonese:
“That may be the quickest end to this farce.”


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

Durrr I forgot Sense Motive, if I can I'll add it here for use on the crowd of soldier/guard/whatnots. If not, oh well.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Male Tiefling Zen Archer Monk

Perception to see if any fidgets when Jathus asks for a stowaway1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Shadow Lodge

The cook's face turns whiter than milk.

"Shackles!? But milord I did my work. No one went hungry. I just hadn't seen the flour as yet. I..."

He sees the hopelessness of his cause and hangs his head until Thaegrin speaks to him.

"It weren't just the flour your...magicness." He is clearly uncomfortable with the wizard. "We're missin' beans, cabbage, a side of bacon, various herbs, and a bag of salt."

His gaze goes back to Jathus.

"Milord I swear it weren't my fault. I'll keep a better eye, I will."

Anga:

You see several of the guards flinch to sword hilts. Evidently they would like to seize the cook and may even be prepared to cook him if their lord commanded it.

It is the ones the do not flinch that catch your eye. Several men have a strange look to them: something foreign. Then you understand. These are wolves in sheep's clothing. Enemies in the garb of friends. What's worse? There are at least 12 of them...take caution in how you proceed.

Wraith:

You see several of the guards flinch to sword hilts. Evidently they would like to seize the cook and may even be prepared to cook him if their lord commanded it.


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

Tholan motions to Jathus to step to the side, and stands close by so that they are not overheard. When he finishes speaking his piece, he waits for the response, his mind running over his spells and chants.

Jathus:
If I may suggest it, I could conjure a spell which would force all within it's radius to speak the truth. Would that be acceptable to you?


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

“My my, that sounds like quite the meal. Did you not open these other supplies until today as well?” Thaegrin asks with an incredulous tone, his narrow gaze boring into the cook.


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

Like a mask, Facions face changes from it's impassive stare into the very picture of brotherly camaraderie. The liar steps forward into the light and opens his arms in a placating gesture. "Gentlemen, I'm sure this is all just a misunderstanding. Odds are it's just some camp followers filching while we aren't looking. In fact, I'm near certain I saw a few poor wretches following us from the start."

Bluff 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

He turns towards the group of soldiers. "I'm sure this poor cook had no idea that the stores were being pilfered. After all, it's not like he's a great warrior such as those we have guarding or liege-lord." Anga nods in Stormends direction. "We'll just need to post a watch on the supply wagon from here on out, just like Lord Stormend said. The thief will surely be scared off by the sight of such fine brave soldiers watching our supplies."

He smiles once more at the group and turns back towards his companions, walking slowly he catches Jathus's eye as he passes. His plastered expression doesn't change, but his eyes ask for patience in the matter at hand. Stopping a couple of feet to the right and behind Lord Stormend, Facion turns to the flustered cook. "Now shackles or no, you're still this company's cook! Look at these men, they are hungry after a long days journey. Best get to your duties!" He glances in Jathus's direction. "Assuming that's acceptable to My Lord?"


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

"Of course I was just teasing the poor man, no shackles. Our men are hungry cook, fix it."

Jathus sits back down amongst his true entourage, he speaks quietly. "It was a show, did any of you catch a glimpse at the traitor bastard. I'll have his head, stealing from me is unacceptable."


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

"I hate the use of magic, but if no one confesses we will use different means to find our thief. If the person does not come forward in less the five minute, I'll send the four of you to "magically" interrogate every person here."


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Thaegrin lowers his voice to Sir Jathus. “If I may point out, Sir, the filching may cease now that everyone is on alert. Surely, what is done ought to be punished, but not at the expense of spurning those already loyal to you. Your older brother Bearach, the one missing, refuses to compromise the smallest thing. When men follow him, it is because they have to, not because they want to. My advice: Give it time. Watch your men. Those loyal to you will have their rumbling stomachs to remind them to keep a sharp eye.”


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

"It's not as simple as that, My Lord." Anga watches from his place at the edge of the campfire's light, ensuring that none of the men are within range to listen in. "I don't know how it has come to this, but the majority of "your" men are not loyal to you. They aren't loyal to any except perhaps Black Moon, I'd wager." The Half-Blood casts his gaze to the perimeter of the camp, knowing full well the power a name has. "I hadn't noticed before, seeing as these were supposed to be picked men. But they are not of the Rudianos line, they are good plants, but you can see they hold themselves like forigners when tense." The keeper of secrets places a hand on the hilt of his rapier. "It goes without saying that they have probably all helped with the theft over the past few days. It would be pointless, perhaps even dangerous to try and single one out. I believe the best course of action is to maintain this farce for a little longer. They believe they are still secure for the time being, let them continue to think that."

His eyes glinting from underneath the roughspun hood Facion looks directly at Jathus. "This is a delicate situation, if you sleep tonight, only trust Wraith, none of your normal guards. But above all don't let them know! You must continue your routine as normal, it will be up to the Acherden to keep you safe."

DSP:
I'm thinking about trying to poison some of the food supply, in effort to disrupt whoever has been eating it. Anga thinks that the soldiers in our midst work for either a rival of Jathus, or Black Moon. More likely Moon because of the food theft, he believes that they're stealing food to give to Moon and anybody who might be with him. My question is "will poisoning an amount of raw supply work? Since I only have a few doses of poison, would it be too distilled by the amount of food as to not be effective?"


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

Jathus have angered and have distraught replies,"I want suffrage for the cynical act, but alas I believe my council is right. I agree, we don't know them truly, nor can I go on living in my own ignorance. I can not understand the rhyme or reason to betray, which means that my talent for spotting such is deplorable." He smiles, knowing that in his own anger he responded harshly.

OOC: Is there an inn on our way or is it just straight road?


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

OOC: My god I SUCK at engrish

Jathus half angered and half distraught replies,

Shadow Lodge

Anga:

You could make as many as 40 men sick with the poison you have, but you certainly could not kill many with what there is. That was a really creative idea though: props.

Make a profession: soldier check, or explain your theory to Jathus or Tholan or Wraith to see if they can give more insight.

There is an inn on the way, but it won't have rooms for more than the party members. The rest of the retinue will have to make do with the stables and tents. The inn keep should be able to feed you all though.

What's the plan?


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Thaegrin nods quietly, his old face placidly hiding the mild surprise at this new development. After Jathus speaks, he lets out a long sigh, then his deep baritone rumbles, careful to keep quiet enough for only the ears of Sir Jathus and the Halfblood. “Indeed. Still, the men will expect some sort of action, however ineffective. Perhaps assign an additional guard to the night watch, tasked specifically to guard the food. Halfblood, would you show me -discreetly- which of the guards are foreign? Can you tell from where they come?”

He casually glances over those circled around the fire.
And assuming he does so: Knowledge Local? 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15, to determine ethnicity of the strange guards.


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

"Thaegrin, I've already tasked the captain to assign men specifically to the food. If I add or take away more I will be breeding doubt into even my simplest of orders. But, I will have Wraith secretly keep an eye on it."

OOC: I should be caught up to all responses? Also, I am a little shocked that Lord Rud would assign mercenaries or foreigners to guard his son. But, I guess Douchebag does as douchebag does.

Shadow Lodge

By foreigners I meant imposters. These men have taken the place of the men assigned to your entourage. Does this make sense?


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Understood.


Male Tiefling Zen Archer Monk

"Jathus, I can stand watch over the night watch just to see if anything should transpire tonight." Wraith said as he looked over the food stuffs.

Shadow Lodge

Nothing has been done or said that cues me to move the story along. When you all talk, it is important that a clear and definable action takes place. I will wait until I have an action before things move.


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Keeping his voice low, the wizard nods to Jathus. “As you will, I was not aware. Sir Jathus, perhaps you should call for a hunt tomorrow morning, to add to our diminished supplies. Bring with you Wraith, Anga, and Tholan, and one or perhaps two of these imposter guards. I would like to join in the hunt, but my participation may be unfitting, as a scholar lacking martial prowess. I will instead remain with the rest of the retainer until you return. Besides, a smaller hunting party might find larger game.”
Thaegrin glances to the Halfblood. “Though, hopefully nothing ferocious enough to cause an accident…”

The Feraweni watches Jathus’ eye, hoping the knight grasps his meaning.


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

"Yes. It would be a shame were anything to happen. I, of couse, would do everything I can to make sure everyone returned safely." Facion watches the others reactions to the plan.

DSP:
What are the rules/are there any rules about killing NPCs who are asleep? Like if Anga wanted to kill some of the enemy-guards while they slept, how would I do that?

Shadow Lodge

Its a Coup De Grace


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

how many importers are there?

Shadow Lodge

Anga says "at least 12."


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

"Hunting we will go, I'll have one of the men tend me as I will get tired from carrying all my gear plus a boar."

Jathus moves to finish his night and start his armor-less rest.


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Thaegrin nods, and likewise turns to his bedroll for the night. Before settling into meditation, he takes a sheathed dagger from his belt and holds it easy to draw should he wake in sudden peril.
With his eyes half-lidded, the Feraweni’s ponderous rest remains elusive as his alert mind constantly bobs back to the waking surface, wanting to listen for any approaching danger. Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Eventually, he resorts to mental exercise, and pushes his wakeful mind into a state he called Spinning Leaf. In time, his muscles and mind relax.

Shadow Lodge

I will post the hunt in a bit. Who in the party is going? You're bringing one of the impostors or more than that?


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Thaegrin is not going on the hunt.


Male Tiefling Zen Archer Monk

So, because hi liege lord can't read questions or answer them when he's asked, Wraith is just gonna do whatever the hell he wants to do.

Wraith, used to Jathus being inattentive, slips into the darkness and scales a tree in the camp to keep watch during the night with his longbow out. He sits and thinks about the hunt in the morning, excited for a chance to bring down some delicious heels.


Male Half-Feraweni Rogue

I believe Anga is going, and I think we're taking two enemy goons.

Withdrawing from the fire Facion finds a spot of ground on the edge of the companies encampment. Placing his bedroll under the heavy boughs of a pine tree, and right in the middle of a large grouping of noise-making deadfall, Anga pulls his cloak around his shoulders and attempts to sleep for the evening.


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

u stated what wraith was going to do! RAWR! do you pick out your own clothes?


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

Tholan shrugs, satisfied with the notion of going on a hunt and perhaps finding more interesting quarry than originally expected. Before going to sleep, he approaches Thaegrin, quietly asking, "Would you like me to remain here during the hunt? I would very much dislike missing out on any fun should something interesting begin here at camp."

As he turns to his bedroll, he ensures that his weapons are close to hand but concealed beneath the cover of the bedroll. He checks his armor one last time before turning to sleep.


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Thaegrin pauses in his preparation. If these imposter guards were planted by Black Moon, this means he is aware of our passage to Veir. Moreover, he likely intends to kill or capture Sir Jathus. It is my hope that the hunting party is only gone a few hours. I would advise you to keep an eye on the knight, but this venture still leaves ten of them among the camp.” The wizard glances over Drolleye’s armor.

“I can take care of myself, but I cannot be expected to defend the cook and the other members of the retinue.”


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

Tholan shrugs and nods. "You speak truth. I will accompany Jathus and hope for some entertainment there. If there's an attack here, let the cook wield his pans. You're more valuable and a more interesting conversation partner." With a nod and a shrug, Tholan excuses himself, heading to his sleep. "Rest well and die some other journey. This one would be dreadfully boring otherwise."

Shadow Lodge

In the morning, the group prepares for a hunt. Every man selected to go on the expedition (The outsiders) politely declines with some excuse and is immediately agitated and on alert. Those men not being asked (Your loyal soldiers) are begging for the honor and cannot understand why they are not being chosen.

Sense Motives?


Male Human 4 Caviler, 3 Fighter

Anyone opposed to just arresting them? We fight on our terms!


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

Sense Motives: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Perception to notice if they're making any preparations: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Shadow Lodge

Tholan:

These men are clearly making preparations for something, but the only consistent thing you notice is that all appear to be making awnings for the tents and wagons. It is a warm day, but the sun is not so hot to work this hard to create shade.


Male Thelkonlander Broracle of Lifts 8

Pausing as he noticed the unusual behavior, Tholan finished his preparations, then approached Jathus. He spoke to him in a low voice, but maintained a friendly, calm disposition. He chuckled and grinned darkly as he finished speaking, as if he'd just repeated some coarse joke.

Jathus:
Our friends seem to be over-preparing a bit for this weather, wouldn't you say? I think we may want to consider what they could be preparing for, because I very much doubt it's what it appears.


Male Feraweni Yolomage of Swagical Power, level 8

Thaegrin begins his morning preparations leafing through his spellbook, making mental notes of the incantations that might be needed for the day. He casually watches the behavior of the group as he rearranges his pack.
Sense Motive1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23. Not sure what that gets me.


Male Tiefling Zen Archer Monk

Checking his quiver and his bow, Wraith runs his gaze over the hired men. Perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 Sense Motive 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

51 to 100 of 1,542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valcia - A Game of Intrigue, Trade, and Power All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.