Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Urban Decay (Inactive)

Game Master Ryuko


51 to 100 of 212 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Cursed Were-Lioness

As the man opens up Zoë, tries hard to contain the joy at maybe doing something right. 'Leylines, rituals, cool but those guys'

Then Zoë smiles at the ease of Eddies words. "So you plan to take the urn far away? Or just get off the Leylines yourself?" she ask with exuberance tempered by caution.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Zoe and Eddie

"A Superhero? Seriously?" Jack laughs, brushing back his hair. "Taking it far away from here. Maybe I can give it to the church? I'm sure they'd be interested." He looks around nervously. "Look we should probably keep moving. Those guys have some friends from your side of the fence and I don't imagine we want to get caught in one place."


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Sasha

The man takes you on a person height ride through the house, letting you get a better look at the faux-colonial home. He runs into another man in a full butler's outfit, carrying a tray with the pre-ordered soup. "Is that a cat?" Asked the butler, "Yeah. Found it in Princess's room." The man holding Sasha said, his tone making it obvious what he thought of 'Princess'. "I'm gonna drop it off outside." The butler laughed. "Hope it rolled around on her bed, I think she's allergic. Hey, Mr. Van Horn needs help moving something from the vault, can you help him out?" The other guy sighs. "More New Age crap?" The butler nods. "All right. I'll drop the cat in the Mrs. Van Horn's room till I'm done." They part ways and the man drops you carefully into a large and lavish bedroom. "Stay here Kitty. I'll be back for you later." He says, before leaving the room.


Cursed Were-Lioness

Zoë joins in too laughing with Jack; "It's good to see you laugh; I know some people." She takes a big gulp of her milky coffee, "Keeping moving is a great idea, Eddie you have your bike? Unfortunately as a Brit that lived in New York, I don't drive. But I run."

She starts to rise from the booth, "To the airport? Who were those guys the looked mob?" the last said in a hushed whisper.


Bipolar Fulgormancer

"Stormy is fine, but are you sure about running? Might make the news. We don't want up to the minute coverage of our location broadcast nation wide while taking our friend to the airport" Eddie said, adding a somber undertone to the now lighthearted conversation. "If need be, I can get us a car. Not like there's a shortage in this town. Full of old American models, made with metal and simple circuitry."


Cursed Were-Lioness

With a sharp shake of her head, Zoë looks to Eddie "Yeah, I'll just call a cab. It'll be easiest, I just didn't want to make it too public." she replies silently ignoring the whispered comment.


Bipolar Fulgormancer

I think we found how there might be some antagonism left between them lol.

"And subject an innocent bystander to potential danger? Loss of car is a lot easier to swallow than loss of life." Eddie half-snapped, mild irritation sparking across his eyes. "A rental will be more expensive, but if we're attacked at least nobody has to get hurt."


Cursed Were-Lioness

'Ye Gods, these Americans and their vehicles. He's right but....' Zoë picks up her coffee and with her other hand retrieves a swish phone from the deep pockets of her long cream coat. She looks at Eddie with slight apprehension and then gets up from the booth, mindful that he could accidentally wreck her new phone.

"Hello, I am calling from Rowena Campbells' offices. Could we have a car out front for the day? It doesn't have to be a good one, subtle would be best. And no driver, thank you very much." Zoë calls for a vehicle in her Aunts' name, a guilty look crosses her face as she turns away from the pair of men in the booth. 'Hopefully she doesn't find out, I am already in so much trouble for getting us out of the big apple. Good thing that coursework can be delayed, if only slightly...'

Deceit (if required) 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 2) - 8 + 1 = -1

With a falsely confident flick of her hair, Zoë returns to her seat. "So we off to the airport? Jack, who are these people conducting the ritual." her voice soft.

Is this alright Ryuko? Should I have made Zoë's Contacts higher?

EDIT: If required just to get a car, any old banger, can I spend a Fate Point and tag - "Lands On her Feet"?


Mender of Broken Dreams

"I see," Simon says gently, resting his hand comfortingly on the back of hers, "and how long have you been here in Detroit? What brought you here?"

Giving the woman chance to answer, he adds a further question, "Thinking back to June, did anything change in your life? Did you take up any new hobbies, perhaps, or did your sculptures start to get a little more attention?"


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

I would say that's a Resources roll Zoe. Still the same modifier, so still a failure.

Zoe and Eddie

"I'm sorry ma'am but that credit account is declined. Would you like to try another?" The woman sounds pleasantly uncertain. It seems your Aunt has been covering how much of you two's money the move had cost.

Simon

Mrs. Lanning has been in Detroit for 6 years, moving to work on her old job, which she left when she got pregnant. There have been no significant changes in her life around the time of the issue.


Cursed Were-Lioness

'Holy ****. She must really be angry with me.' When Zoë sits back down in the booth, "Yeah, errr,... I got no cash on me for a car." there's a slight catch her throat and in the very corners of her eyes there the first signs of tears. 'Pull yourself together girl.' she concentrates and focuses her emotions.

Taking the last dregs of her coffee, bitter grounds calm her. "So, get out here? What's the ritual?"


Mender of Broken Dreams

Simon continues to talk Mrs. Lanning through various aspects of her life, both soon after her arrival in Detroit, and more recently around the time her dreams intensified, looking for potential leads on who might have been in position to work the dark enchantment on her. Similarly he questions her about her past, hoping that there might be some suggestion of what sort of change the spell was having on her psyche. 'Did her drive to go to art school coincide with the beginning of the dreams?' He ponders silently to himself, as he carefully guides the conversation, 'is the new intensity perhaps a result of the spell now pushing her to do something completely out of her original nature?'.

Sorry to summarise so much, but I think we'll be here forever if we do this line by line.


Cursed Were-Lioness

She looks across to Eddie, "So do you just want to take him to the airport on your bike?"


Bipolar Fulgormancer

"No problem, but I still need help when this is over. Expect a call." Eddie made a motion for Jack to follow him and added over his shoulder "Thanks for breakfast." He led Jack to his bike and handed him a helmet. "It's the only one I have, hold tight and pray to any gods you follow that we don't run into trouble." He strapped the urn down with the elastic net used to hold his helmet. Climbed on the bike with Jack and started it with an act of will. With a flick of his wrist, they were on their way to the airport.


Cursed Were-Lioness

Zoë sits in the booth, she figuratively twiddles her thumbs; tapping the side of her spoons on the cup. 'Man I wish I could have gone with them. I'm an idiot, now Aunt Ro's stopped my credit.'

She whispers to herself; 'I should just go to the Uni & finish my coursework.... no.' She makes a decision and gets up, settling the bill then she goes outside. Moving to the alleyway she focuses, fortunately Zoë's scent is a mild cinnamon and she shuts it out as she screw up her eyes.

The smells from the alley are strong with the underlying scent of rotten Chinese food, concentrating she can just try and isolate the aftershave of the ringleader.

With her eyes closed she starts to move towards the street following where the 3 thugs fled.

Alertness 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 2) - 8 + 3 = 3+ 1 for smell


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Simon

You can find no other factors to the resurgence of the nightmares, and the couple grows less and less irritated and worried as the time goes on. Eventually they seem to almost be having a good time, turned into chatterboxes by the questions and Simon's easy manner.

Eddie

"Umm... sure." Jackie dons the helmet, surrendering the urn only reluctantly, and gets onto the bike with Eddie. Along the way Eddie feels him rubbernecking around and he is clearly not familiar with riding a bike. Eventually you hear him yell over the engine: "We're being followed."

Zoe

Zoe follows the trail easily enough, taking the occasional extra sniff to ensure she's following. The leader was wearing rather heavy aftershave and eventually she reaches a small diner. The inside is clinical, but attempts to project a 50s feel. The men's scents go behind the counter.


Blair had dropped the veil a few moments after he got off the bus, feeling the creeping strain of maintaining the magic for such a long time like a small throb behind his right temple.

The combination of the dull ache and his ruminations as he made his way from the bus stop to Simon's door just made Blair more upset. He shouldn't have gone after Antonio the way he did. Certainly he was an enemy, but his challenge would make the man crazy...crazier. He wouldn't have any problem with simply wiping Simon and Blair out.

Simon! Simon skirted the edge of the Laws every time he worked. It would be easy for an insane bully of a Warden to simply snuff Simon out...just to be safe, of course. Simon had to leave town.

Simon's office was out Cass Avenue in one of the office buildings that had seen its better days back in the 60s and 70s. The area was trying to come around now, and there seemed to be artsy folks in their 20s everywhere doing things during the day. But there were still bars on the windows, and the Cass Corridor had a reputation for danger after twilight that only surpassed its reputation for music and nightlife...of all sorts.

Blair didn't know what Simon's car looked like, so he didn't recognize the presence of the unfamiliar car parked in front of Simon's office.

He rang the bell.


Cat-Burglar, Literally.

Sasha gives him a 30 second head start, changes human, cracks open the door enough to let herself out and goes furry again. she then follows him as quick and quiet as she can. 'Nice guy, Hope I don't get him in trouble' Sneaky, silent, moving shadow down the hall. Can't get careless now, I can follow him right to the vault. Sasha proceeds with caution, darting from cover to cover. She catches sight of 'nice guy' in short order, but stays a bit behind him, silently shadowing him to the vault. At least I know Van Horn is having a snack right now, I don't think he would be as easily played as his henchmen
Stealth 4d3 - 8 + 8 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 1) - 8 + 8 = 5


Cursed Were-Lioness

Zoë wrinlkes her nose as she follows the heavy musk of the leader. 'Yuck, Brut what is he some sort of tacky 70's bloke.'

She walks towards the diner, checks her phone for the time. Finding it still early she replaces it carefully in her coat pocket. Casually see goes into the diner, intrigued by the decor having seen a slight resurgance of milkshake (& manga) bars a couple of years ago in England.

Zoë follows the trail discretely to the counter and hops on a stool her long legs reaching the floor; "Strawberry milkshake, if you please." she asks the obviously middle-aged smoking waitress. Slowly she drinks the heavy icy drink; 'Shall I check out around back?'


Bipolar Fulgormancer

Eddie smirked to himself at the news. "Of course we are! he shouted while twisting the throttle. If they think they can follow me on The Interstate, they're crazier than I am. He took a moment to taste the flow of traffic, not at all unlike the particles of his own power. All taking the path of least resistance to find their way to each respective destination. Soon he found his own place in the flow, darting and weaving between cars to put further distance between them.

Is this going to be handled as a chase or a conflict? Also, will I be able to combine my Athletics, Alertness, or Discipline with my driving for the ensuing checks?


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Sasha

Sasha easily tails the man, and he leads her to a large door, which he opens with an ornate key, displaying a small security room. Another man waits in the security station, in a well cut italian suit. The man is small and frail looking, though his blue eyes remain alert. "Desker, thank you for helping me. I'm afraid my limbs simply aren't quite the powerhouses they used to be." He jokingly flexes to demonstrate and the man laughs easily. "Not a problem, Mr. Van Horn." He quickly takes a small keycard from his pocket, while Van Horn removes a similar card and they both swipe them near the door, which opens with a light hiss. "Just the bag here." Van Horn points out.

Alertness 5:
There is a shaky veil near the vault door, behind Mr. Van Horn, but you cannot quite pierce it without going inside.

Investigation or Alertness 2:
You spot The Breath of Edison inside the vault!

Eddie

The follower is a large SUV, white, with darkly tinted windows. It has so far stayed about 3 car lengths behind you.

Up to you, if Eddie is trying to run it'll be a chase, if he's trying to deal with it or investigate it'll be a conflict.


Cat-Burglar, Literally.

Alertness4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 1) - 8 + 4 = 4
Investigation4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 3) - 8 + 3 = 5

would my diminutive size +2 alertness to notice small details and aspect of the beast +1 to alertness be included in the roll? If they are then it would be a roll of 7 and Sasha would indeed notice the veil. however this would not affect her actions, she would use the distraction of the men opening the vault to cover her entry.


Cat-Burglar, Literally.

There it is! so close I can taste it! Security's tight, but there is probably a safety release on the door from the inside, Sasha darts through the door while the men are putting the cards back in their wallet/breast pocket respectively. Sasha hides in the shadows of the collected objects and peeks out to check that there is indeed a safety latch.
Stealth4d3 - 8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 1) - 8 + 8 = 8


Cursed Were-Lioness

Taking her time slurping upon her drink, she thinks 'At least they haven't come out and confronted me. Hope Eddies doing alright.'

Finishing her drink she gets up and moves outside. Trying to find a good place to look around the building and any back rooms, or doors to the rear. Whilst paying attention to see if there are any cars parked nearby.


Mender of Broken Dreams

Sorry for the delay, internet went down yesterday.

"Oh, excuse me," Simon apologises, as the gentle chiming interrupts the conversation that was already winding to a close, "I'll just be a minute."

Leaving the couple in the back room, the dream counsellor makes his way to his office door. The clammy feeling that had clung to him ever since discovering the spell influencing Mrs. Lanning fading slightly as he leaves her side. Opening the door, his client greeting smile fades to an almost guilty looking glance behind him when he sees who is outside. "Blair! What are you doing here?" he blurts in surprise.

Clearing his throat, Simon retreats a few steps back into the room with another quick glance towards the back room, "I mean, what can I do for you? Come in."


Bipolar Fulgormancer

If it's okay I would like to make a few declarations on the scene before my roll for the cat and mouse, as Eddie is trying to outmaneuver them rather than just go faster. Feel free to stop me if I'm out of line

Self-Maneuver, Discipline: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 1) - 8 + 3 = 2 Create Aspect: IN TUNE WITH TRAFFIC
Declare Scene Aspect, Alertness: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 1) - 8 + 2 = 3 Create Aspect: CONGESTION AHEAD
Declare Scene Aspect, Alertness: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 3) - 8 + 2 = 3 Create Aspect: SHOULDER RIGHT - EXIT LEFT

Eddie watched for the expected bottleneck ahead. Traffic always slows to a crawl here. Checking his mirror again, he drifts right. Passing a few cars on the shoulder (doubtlessly garnering a few "organ donor" remarks) before merging with traffic again. Did they take the idea? He thought, knowing that at a base level humans have a mimicry instinct. If they want to keep that position three cars back, they'll have to follow. He repeats himself, accessing the shoulder in quick bursts of speed. 'Either they follow or it's already over' Rhythmically bouncing in and out of traffic, Eddie makes his move. He suddenly follows left, quickly merging lanes to access the off-ramp. 'They'll never make it through that wall of cars' Finally laughing aloud. The thrill of the chase pulsing through his body.

Tagging previously mentioned aspects, Driving: 4d3 - 8 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 3) - 8 + 1 + 6 = 7


"Good. At least you remember what I told you about thresholds." Blair says as he steps through the doorway, shutting the door behind him firmly. Hearing a mutter from the other room, he looks sharply at Simon. "Is someone here right now? Did you...", Blair twiddles his fingers at Simon in a slightly ridiculous manner and then motions with his chin to the people in the room.


Mender of Broken Dreams

"Nothing against your rules," Simon replies in a defensive whisper, holding up his hands, "I was just taking a look. Someone's worked something nasty on her, but it wasn't me."

With a hesitant look back to the room, he lets out a resigned sigh, "actually, I think I'm a little out of my league with this. Whatever's been done isn't something I even understand, let alone could pull off myself. Might be the work of a full-fledged wizard, but I don't know..." Shuddering slightly as he trails off, he shakes his head weakly.


"I think that you need to introduce me as a consultant so if we need to talk to them in the future it isn't as awkward. Then we can see them off so that you and I can talk. Trust me Simon, this is important, I think that you are in terrible danger."


Mender of Broken Dreams

"What do you mean? I'm not the one whose personality has been rewritten." Simon starts to protest, but catching Blair's serious glare he nods before retreating back to the Lannings.

After quickly wrapping up the session, he leads the couple back out into his main office. "This is Blair Renault," he introduces the older man, "a colleague of mine. Would you mind if I discussed your case with him?"


Cursed Were-Lioness

'In another back-alley, I'm not that sort of woman!' she smiles to herself as Zoë walks around the diner. She looks up at the upper windows, hoping to find one that's open.

Declare Scene Aspect, Burglary: 4d3 - 8 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 3) - 8 = -1 Create Aspect: Second Floor Window Ajar

EDIT: Yeah that's not happening...

Zoë looks from the streets frustrated at the lack of answers, wondering what to do. 'Don't be reckless, that's what got you kicked out.'


"A pleasure to meet the both of you. I wish it could be under more social circumstances, but we take things as they come. Simon is a brilliant young man, and while I have not been apprised of the particulars yet, I know that what little help I am able to provide will be minor compared to Simon's great skill and efforts on your behalf."

Personality rewritten? I hate coincidences...this one is a doozy if it turns out to be true, and there is only one way to be certain quickly.

Blair avoids catching the eye of either of the couple as he speaks, protecting himself from beginning a soulgaze. As he talks he reaches out and steadies himself, gripping the doorframe tightly.

This isn't going to get any easier for waiting.

Reluctantly, dreading the sudden flood of sensory input, Blair unlatches the catches on his third eye and looks for the briefest of moments at the couple with his Sight.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Sasha

Sasha sees a safety hatch, but there seems to be something that immediately makes her regret her choices, as the veiled thing heads into the vault closely behind her, then suddenly drops the veil as the door closes, revealing a muscular man whose hair seems to be falling out, the remainder is brittle and cracked in different places. His flesh seems to be black and ugly with a few seeping sores, and his eyes are black as the outer night.

Lore 3:
It would seem you are inside the vault with a member of the Black Court of Vampires!

The creature calls out in a vaugely cultured, eastern european voice, "My, my, my it would seem you are caught, little kitty. Though I doubt you will truly care if you are a cat. But I think we both know you are more than a simple cat... aren't you little one?"

Zoe

Declarations don't work that way. You believe that what you declare is true whether it is or not. With that in mind, I'm Compelling Pride Before a Fall

Seeing a second floor window ajar, Zoe quickly climbs the fire escape, ducking inside as soon as she gets there... directly into the three men she saw before, playing a game of poker on a cheap table. "What the-?!" The leader said, falling out of his chair as a woman falls nearly into his lap. "What are you doing here?" All three men draw their guns smoothly, as they stand.

Up to you: Fight, Run or Try to talk it out?

Eddie

Eddie finds himself not quite as in tune with the traffic as he thinks and narrowly avoids the fender of a big Subaru, but cuts through a difficult to follow way, hoping the men won't be able to follow.

Driving:4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 3) - 8 + 3 = 2

However it would appear your tail underestimated you severely, and as he attempts to keep with you he slams quite forcibly into the Subaru and both cars spin to a stop, nearly colliding with another. Traffic behind you grinds to a halt quickly and Jack lets out a woop. "Damn... That was smooth!" He grins in shaky joy as you speed towards the airport and freedom.

Simon and Blair

"It is wonderful to meet you Mr. Renault." Mrs. Lanning says with a warm grin. It is obvious she is nowhere near as nervous as she was when this began. "Of course, I appreciate any help."

Blair is easily able to make the necessary effort and open his Third Eye, keeping it tightly focused on Mrs. Lanning. What he sees is... not what he expected. He sees a creature... chained to the shell of the woman below. The creature is large, hulking, and red, with whip-thin muscles sheathed in rocky skin, and bloody claws extend from it's hands. Between the woman and the creature runs several chains, blocking in the creature while seeming not to restrain the woman, but oddest is the chain wrapped around the neck of the creature, which seems to swing free, staying far away from Mrs. Lanning. She herself seems sickly and pale, likely her fatigue from lack of sleep and though her eyes move around a lot, she seems to never look at the creature behind her.

Lore 5:
Mrs. Lanning has the Aspect of UNKNOWN SCION

Lore 2:
While you are not certain of what the actual issue is, you can at least tell that Mrs. Lanning is not fully human.

Sight Mental Attack:4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 2) - 8 + 4 = 4
Defend with Discipline, if you succeed, you may close your Sight or leave it open to attempt to learn more. If you fail, your sight remains open for at least one more exchange. This is a very psychically tough thing to see, thus the strength of the attack.


Lore 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 2) - 8 + 4 = 3 Booooooo
Sight Defend:Discipline (Great) 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 2) - 8 + 4 = 4

Barely holding himself together, Blair slams the doors shut on his third eye. The only sign of his extreme discomfort is his white knuckled death-grip on the door frame.


Cursed Were-Lioness

Thanks, still really trying to get the nuances of the system. Accept Compel. I always talk...

Zoë nimbly climbs up through the window and virtually landing in the leaders lap. 'How didn't I smell that aftershave from the street?' she thinks.

Looking at the men with their guns pointed at her she tries to keep her composure. Slowly she raises her hands, but as it passes her chest she quickly grabs the ring snapping her chain. She balls it up subtly into her hand.

Stealth: (to palm the necklace) 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 1) - 8 + 4 = 4

"Would you believe you dropped something in the alley?..." Zoë says trying to keep a straight face, "No, well I know where the item you want is. How much will your boss pay to get it back?"

Deceit: 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 1) - 8 + 1 = 0

Her hands raised she looks to the trio and leans forward on the balls of her feet.


Bipolar Fulgormancer

"Yes!" Eddie smiled enthusiastically. His head twitched, and he coughed momentarily. "Was that a bug? Awesome! I needed more protein." He laughs again, spirits flying while he races toward the airport.


Mender of Broken Dreams

Simon smiles modestly at Blair's compliments, inclining his head. "I'm glad you agree," he says to the Lannings, "I think we've made some real progress today, but having another perspective can only be a good thing. We'll talk things over today, and if you'd like to leave me your contact details, then I can call you to arrange a follow-up session."


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Simon and Eddie

"Of course, it's about time to head home anyhow." Mr. Lanning says with a smile and him and Mrs. Lanning head forward toward the door. Mr. Lanning sort of looks over Blair as he passes, "You all right sir?" He asks, ready to leave.

Zoe

Empathy:4d3 - 8 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 3) - 8 = 0

The man looks unconvinced. "Grab her." He says calmly to his men, who move forward. "We can make her tell us where it is, if she knows."

Eddie

You hear sirens behind you as some police come to the accident, but you move confidently away and soon hit the airport. Jack seems eager to be off as quickly as possible. "Next plane out." He says lightly to himself with a small smile on his face.


Blair attempts a smile, the vision of the beast still swimming in his mind. "Just fine, just fine. Thank you for asking." He straightens up and moves aside to allow the couple to move out the front door. As the door closes Blair moves over into the other room to find a comfortable piece of furnature and settles into it with an audible sigh.

He rubs his temples silently, his mind far away... a creature... chained to the shell of the woman below. The creature is large, hulking, and red, with whip-thin muscles sheathed in rocky skin, and bloody claws extend from it's hands. Between the woman and the creature runs several chains, blocking in the creature while seeming not to restrain the woman, but oddest is the chain wrapped around the neck of the creature, which seems to swing free, staying far away from Mrs. Lanning. She herself seems sickly and pale, likely her fatigue from lack of sleep and though her eyes move around a lot, she seems to never look at the creature behind her...


Mender of Broken Dreams

The next thing Blair is conscious of in the room is a cup of steaming liquid being planted on the low coffee-table in front of him. "You do look a little pale all of a sudden, is something wrong?" Simon asks, looking down with a worried expression.


Cursed Were-Lioness

'Fight or flight? Well I don't want to have to spill blood, but... they have guns. So...' Zoë thinks rapidly.

She backs off a step towards the window her hands still held up. "Hey your boss wouldn't like that I know where the urn is and this could disrupt the ritual!" Zoë says rapidly talking before her brain has engaged gear, hoping that the boss will let something slip. 'Oh, but if it was meant to be a secret, they have to kill me after finding out what I know!' she suddenly realises blanching.

Deceit 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 2) - 8 + 1 = -2

Looking at the impassive face of the leader; Zoë drops her arms and spins around one leg kicks the card table. Chips and cash go flying in a cavalcade of debris, Zoë takes off her coat whipping hit around her arm.

Alertness (if required) 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 1) - 8 + 3 = 2 +4 to initiative


Bipolar Fulgormancer

Eddie unfastened the urn from the bike and took a moment to look it over. "So why all the trouble anyway? If you only need to keep it from them, why not simply destroy it?" he asks bluntly.

Lore: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 1) - 8 + 2 = -1 wow... epic fail.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Zoe

Alertness:4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 2) - 8 + 1 = 1
Zoe can go ahead, first in initiative.

Eddie

"You don't destroy something like this." Jack says, walking into the airport, talking as he heads toward the ticket counter. "I don't even know how you could... maybe a wizard could." The man pays cash and then looks at his crappy watch, then sighs. "Two hours before the flight. I guess you deserve an explanation for this, let's go get a danish or something and I'll talk about it."


Zoë looks to the men; 'Crap it's all going down. I didn't want it to come to this, but flight is really not an option.'

She snarls "Hey, run please, just run." Zoë puts on the silver ring of her ancestorial promise, a warm glow spreads down her arm as the magical circuit is completed. Closing her eyes for a second, as a pain wracks through her nervous system.

Her fingers shrink down to stubs as claws rip through the fleash between them. She falls to the floor as her body stretches and thickens with the crackle of cartillage and rip of muscles. The yowl of pain is torn from her throat as it deforms, he jaw pulling into a mussle, the ice cold blue eyes retaining their intellect. Her body tears off the dress, rags falling to the floor. A golden fur covers the lioness' body as she looks to the mobsters.

Your turn.


The click of the mug on the tabletop brings Blair out of his contemplation.

"Something is horribly wrong. That woman is no longer fully human. I cannot tell what she is, but whatever it is, it isn't good." He sips some coffee and leans back into the chair.

"It appeared to be a demon of some sort, chained to her, but I do not believe that was by its own choice, it appeared to be enslaved by her, the chains were leashing and encircling the demon, but not her."

Blair looks at Simon. "Please tell me that you haven't modified your techniques. You haven't been entering people's minds have you? Or making adjustments, to help them?"


Mender of Broken Dreams

"No, no, of course not," Simon replies, settling onto the edge of a chair, "even without what you've told me about the laws of magic, most of the sources I've found make it very clear how entering or altering another's mind often leads to very unpleasant side effects for both the subject and the practitioner."


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Zoe

The men stand in awe for a second, before the leader pulls his gun up in terror while striding quickly for the door. "Shoot you idiots!"

Attacks (each Weapon 1):4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 3) - 8 + 2 = 2 // 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 3) - 8 + 2 = 3 // 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 1) - 8 + 2 = -1


The sleek golden feline flows between the shots as the enclosed space is filled with the heavy sharp reports of bullets. Muscles sliding under the soft fur as the lioness reacts with supernatural reflexes. A low growl thrums through her torso.

Athletic (Defense) Vs Shot 1: 4d3 - 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 3) - 8 + 4 + 1 = 4
Athletic (Defense) Vs Shot 2: 4d3 - 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 3) - 8 + 4 + 1 = 7
Athletic (Defense) Vs Shot 3: 4d3 - 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 2) - 8 + 4 + 1 = 2

'This is the life, act quickly neutralise the prey.' Zoës' mind a-racing as she tries to avoid giving in to her bestial impulses. Blood pumping through her veins she leaps at the gunman on the far right her claws attempting to catch the man on his leg. The claws raking down a triumverate of bloody lines.

Fists (Attack) Vs Right-hand Man: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 2) - 8 + 3 = 5, Weapon:2 - Claws


Thank God for small favors.

"Good. Because there are Wardens in town. They are searching for whomever did that damage to the woman. One of them is an old enemy of mine...who I might have twitted a bit. And being moderately pathological, I don't expect him to be calm and rational in his assessment of guilt and innocence...in fact I expect him to execute summary judgement of anybody he finds connected to this, especially me."

"In a pinch he would settle for you, just knowing that we are collegues."


Mender of Broken Dreams

Simon frowns as Blair's explanation, "You're not suggesting we leave her to fend for herself, are you? I know you say this Warden is an enemy of yours, but surely he can't just execute people without some sort of evidence, right?"

"What if we approach the Wardens now, tell them what we know... wouldn't that show that we're not involved with whatever is being done here?"

51 to 100 of 212 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Urban Decay: A Dresden Files Story All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.