Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Unfinished Business

Game Master Trup


151 to 200 of 281 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

"Not really. I can get us out as those walls won't hold me."


Rosa smiles at Marcus's comment. "I like your confidence, but don't forget who we're dealing with. I don't want to find out that they've reinforced the elevator walls after they've trapped us. I vote for the stairs. Either way, I should be able to deal with the keypads."

Trup: Just to clarify, the Security Systems use of the Technology skill will let us open password protected doors? I'd like to know before we head downstairs.


"Stairs sounds good to me. Anyone else?"


Male Enigma/20

Correct, Technology is the required skill for hacking password protected items.


Kitty jumps out of Rosa's pocket and walks over to the door to the stairs, I hate enclosed spaces so I vote for stairs.


Kit heads to the door to the stairwell, opens it, and starts heading down stairs staying alert for potential alarms or other traps on her way.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Marcus follows and also is alert for anything out of the ordinary.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Kitty keeps in the shadows hiding silently as a cat, as the saying goes, while trying to watch out for dangers though she is more focused on not getting trodden on by the others to watch out.

perception (visual, olfactory): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Stealth + Hide in Plain Sight: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29


Startled by the cat jumping out of her coat, Rosa follows after Kitty best she can, although the cat seems to flit in and out of corners she can't see into, and ends up losing track of her for the moment.

She turns her attention to potential trouble, as the others are.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Male Enigma/20

You descend down the stairs for at least two floors before reaching a large steel door. There is a keypad next to the door and what aapears to be a camera observing the area directly in front of the door.

Marcus:

You hear the radio traffic suddenly go silent as if though they have change to a different form of communication. This may be a bad sign...


Ahh so many posts while coming home from vacation. Vamp will have followed along, he would have pointed out that he could teleport us out of the elevator and into the shaft to climb down. But he'd have gone with the group.

Vamp says "Lemme see what I can smell...one sec."

Perception (Smell) focusing on door 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20 using my Penetrates Concealment and Distance Sense to see how thick the door is, and what's on the other side. Or if it's hermetically sealed, then smell for ventilation ducts or something that will give me an idea of how thick this door/wall is.


"Great. All the radio chatter just went silent. They may know we are here."


"Don't panic. Work the lock." So saying, Kit surreptitiously takes her tools from her bag and starts working on the keypad.

Sleight of Hand (trying to keep the cameras from seeing her tools) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 Technology (opening the lock) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Marcus Cole wrote:
"Great. All the radio chatter just went silent. They may know we are here."

Probably has something to do with that. Rosa points at the camera over the door.


Male Enigma/20

Vamp:

You smell past the door with little difficulty, and realize ti's just another set of stairs going down. There seems to be no smell of gun oil, cordite, or people.

Kit masterfully moves her tools to the keypad, although many of you have trouble seeing her use the tools at all. Within seconds, the door gives a loud confrimation beep and slides open. Beyond is another stairwell heading down.


Kitty slips past the others and down the stairs.

another perception check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
another sneaky sneak of a cat check: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35


"If they didn't switch to another channel, the silence may be Jack's diversion." Kit still keeps an eye out for trouble as she heads down the stairwell.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


"That's possible. Still, be wary." he says as he continues to keep an eye out for any traps, cameras, and any other means of trapping or hindering the group.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


Male Enigma/20

Sorry about the late post, kinda had a busy sunday, my sons birthday.

Heading down the stairs reveals an even more alrming discovery. Every secured door, is hanging open on the way down. The camerras even seem to have beend eactivated.


Despite the emptiness, Rosa speaks in hushed tones. "Maybe this was the diversion. But if so, why couldn't he have told us? It would have helped us figure out an access plan. And it means we can't count on it being the diversion... so it might be something else. Like test subjects on a rampage.

"And if that's the case, I hope we can convince them we're on their side. At any rate, let's hurry, but stay alert."

Rosa keeps an eye out for anything coming out of those open doors, and of as well as what is ahead and behind.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


"Maybe there's another fox in this hen house," Kit says as she readies her whip. "Any ways, too damn close to the server to turn back now." Kit keeps walking down the stairs to the server level.


Kitty just continues downward still keeping hidden and watching for dangers, tense with the weird atmosphere of the place.


Male Enigma/20

You move downward to the open door leading to the floor which contains the servers. It is eerily quiet as you move past the large black blocks of technology and make your way to the center of the massive room. There in the center is the computer terminal you were told about. Standing in front of it however are seven men, each wearing masks, and each carrying what appears to be a long slim sword. They wear loose fitting dark clothes and each seem to have a satchel hanging to their sides. One of them steps forward as you enter, "You have 4 seconds to explain yourselves before things get ugly... One... Two


"Who the hell are you to demand explanations?" Kit steps forward and looks at the man who challenged them. "TGI Security would shoot first and ask questions later. I suppose I have one of you to thank for not having to take out the locks past the first one, but disabling all the locks was overkill. Only one thing in here worth the effort, so how's swiping the database going for you?"

Persuasion (Get masked man to stop countdown and talk) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Rosa is content to let Kit do the talking, but spreads her hands to show she means no harm.


Male Enigma/20

The man cocks his head at Kit and chuckles as he shows a badge which clearly shows his name as Ronald Nowotarski, an employee of TCI/TGI. He then looks meaningfully at you all, "3..."


Marcus chuckles as well as he shows his badge.

"Same team bro."


Kitty stiffen keeping hidden, her senses focus and ready to attack.


If Rosa has time, she examines the men standing before them. Besides Ronald's badge, do any of them have any gear with TGI badges/insignia on them? On the satchels they carry perhaps?


"Stand down, Nowotarski. Mr. Tallow sent us to do a job and we're going to do it," Kit walks purposefully to the center of the server room. "You just have to make sure no one else gets in here until we're done."

Deception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20


Male Enigma/20

Insight: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Rosa Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Rosa:

Although you had to squint to see, they are definitely carrying some standard issue Security gear from TGI/TCI

The lead man seems a bit thrown off by Kit's brazen deception and stops the countdown, but he keeps his sword level and even points it towards Kit as she approaches. "We have heard nothing from the top after we dispatched the teams... It's a bit odd that we have heard nothing, but you may be telling the truth. The moon is red tonight...

Insight DC20:

The last few words spoken by the man seem to be some kind of word challenge. Answering with anything but the correct answer phrase will certainly tip off this man that you don't belong


Insight 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Kit's certain that she's missed something in the conversation, but she can't back down now. "We don't have time for your games! Get that blade out of my face or I'll take it from you." Kit uncoils her whip with a crack and takes a step back so she's got room to maneuver.

Intimidation 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


"And I'll see to it that you get reassigned to cage cleaning duty for the rest of your career," Rosa adds quietly, but in what she hopes is in a low, menacing tone.

Aid Another to Kit's Intimidation check, incl Teamwork feat bonus 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Insight: 1d20 ⇒ 5

What else is around the room? Anything of significance or importance?

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Oops, missed the call for an Insight check before

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Won't change her action though, as she doesn't have what they want, and figures Kit's got the best idea to bluff past otherwise.


Vamp remains quiet, his appearance obviously marking him as an abnormal employee at best. Wait, weren't we supposed to be transporting 'prisoners'? Aren't I supposed to be a 'prisoner' Why is she acting like we're supposed to be here, what would a prisoner be doing in the server room? This aint gonna end well... Vamp smells the room to make sure there isn't anyone else hidden in here, then readies himself to teleport in and bite their leader's throat out.

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Readied action to teleport to the leader, bite and then teleport back if they make an offensive move. If you're allowed to do that in this system that is...


Male Enigma/20

Vamp - it's allowed. I mean common sense dictates.

THe man grimaces, "Wrong..." He then launches himself forward, His men following close behind.

Vamp will make an attack and roll initiative.
The rest of you roll initiative.


Initiative 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Rosa sighs, figuring this was inevitable, and wishing much too hard it didn't have to come to a fight. "Your mistake."

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Kitty tightens her muscles further ready to jump at the nearest.


Sorry for the holdup, remember I'm sleeping when you're all awake.

Initiative 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Bite Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Keep in mind my teleport has turnabout, so it should only take me one turn to port there, bite, and port back.

Vamp disappears with a crack, appearing behind the lead guard and attempting to sink his suddenly massive fangs into the man.


Male Enigma/20

Toughness Roll Leader: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Initiative Leader: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Initiative Cohort 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Initiative Cohort 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Initiative Cohort 3: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Initiative Cohort 4: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Initiative Cohort 5: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Initiative Cohort 6: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Initiative Order
Kit Reynard - UP
Cohort 4
Siege Breaker
Cohort 1
Cohort 5
Cohort 2
Vamp
Leader
Cohort 6
Cohort 3
Marcus
Rosa

The leader barely manages to move out of the way as Vamps fangs rake his neck. Blood trickles down his neck and he screams in rage as Battle is joined.

Go ahead and post your actions if you feel that they won't change by the time it comes to your turn


"You idiots," Kit mutters. "As long as we were talking, you weren't getting hurt." Kit lashes her whip at the closest guard's feet.

Trip attack: Attack Roll 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32 If that hits: Acrobatics 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36 opposed by target's Acrobatics or Athletics. It's supposed to be my choice which they use because the whip grants Improved Trip, but I'm not sure that makes sense.


Male Enigma/20

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

C4 attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Kit Toughness Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

C3 does his best to avoid the whip but is unable to do so and the whip wraps around his feet and pull them out from under him. He slams to the ground with a loud grunt.

C4 rushes over to kill the woman who injured his friend, and Kit barely manages to avoid the edge of the blade.


Kitty launches herself at the guard attacking Kit C4 and rakes her claws at his face and throat, making a feline buzzsaw impression.

Attacking with claws (DC23) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Marcus shifts to metal form.

"So be it."

C4 gets a hefty swing from Marcus.

Unarmed attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Male Enigma/20

C4 Toughness: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

C1 Attack on Rosa: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

C5 Attack on Marcus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

C2 Attack on THAT CRAZY CAT: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Rosa Toughness: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Siege Breaker Toughness: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

As the cat jumps on to C4, claws flying wildly, he gives out a scream and tries to pull the cat from his face as he yells ”GET THIS CRAZY CAT OFF OF MY FACE!!!” Another of his teammates comes forward and slashes at the cat, drawing a deep wound from it’s side.

C5 charges forward attempting to put down Marcus but he moves easily away from C5‘s clumsy blow. C1 Attempts to run Rosa through but she somehow manages to barely avoid the blades sharp edge as it passes a inch from slitting her open.

C4 cries as he observes the bloody mess of his hands, and you wonder if it’s a mercy that he can’t see his face.

Results -
Siege Breaker at -1 to further wound penalties and is staggered.
C4 is at -1 to further wound penalties and is staggered.

VAMP IS UP


Round 2

Vamp again goes for the lead guard, teleporting in and snapping at him before teleporting back to the furthest corner of the room.

Teleport up, bite, and then teleport the square farthest from all the guards.
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Male Enigma/20

Leader Toughness roll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Leader Attack on Vamp: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36

C6 attack on Kit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

C3 Attack on Kit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Fortitude save for Vamp: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Toughness roll for Kit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Oh yeah I forgot about Marcus and Rosa.

C4 Toughness roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

The leader once again receives a gash from Vamp onto his neck and annoyed pulls out gun and fires it in Vamp’s direction. Instead of a bullet, it’s a dart of some kind. It hits Vamp dead on and the he immediately begins to feel electricity coursing from the dart, freezing up his nerves and causing him great pain.

At the same time, C6 charges Rosa attempting to bring her down, but Rosa gracefully dodge his blow. Unfortunately the dodge left her open to C3 drawing his sidearm and firing at her form his back. The bullet tears through her chest and she only has a moment to stare at it as she staggers backward.

Marcus turns to steel causing a fright in every man there as he casually knocks C4 flying through the air. The poor man slams into the ground with a loud SMACK and ceases moving.

Rosa seeing the plight of Kit rushes over and seals up the bullet wound as though it never existed.

Leader is at -1 to further wound penalties
Siege Breaker at -1 to further wound penalties and is staggered.
C4 is Incap
Kit was healed of all wound penalties.
Vamp is stunned for Round 2.

ROUND 2
KIT IS UP

151 to 200 of 281 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Unfinished Buisiness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.