Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Under the Shadows of Olympus

Game Master GM_Solspiral

Hellenistic Alternate history campaign with High Fantasy Elements.


501 to 550 of 552 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

AC 19, touch 10, flat-footed 18; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 hp 39/39; Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5;

Making a tight turn, Nessius levels his lance. "This maze has not taken me yet!"

Turning around and re-engaging stabbing at one of the gobbos with my lance (which gives me 10ft reach)

Lance (not charging): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 1) + 10 = 17

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

Innit order:

In Order
G1 23
Cantion 22
G2 22
G3 22
** spoiler omitted **
Charger 18
G4 18
G5 18
Patrolicus17
Chalkou 14
Nali 14
G6 13 -2
Titaia 10
Alxandra 9
G7 8
Clyph 6

Charger's Lance missing the swooping goblin.

Melee Characters note::

Bear in mind they are using fly speed and fly by attack tactics so unless you can fly or have a reach weapon (as they don't have the movement to get more then 10ft beyond a charge target) then melee isn't an option. Ranged weapons work fine as do spells. You can also get an attack by holding your action until they swoop at you and countering then.

G4 who has taken the air swoops down on charger for a swing.
attack with high ground and charge bonus: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Clear miss

G5 takes a full move back away blowing his horn all the way.

G6 after Patrolicus, Chalkou, and Nali go:

G6 was one of the shot throwers that took to air and pulled a short sword he decides to try to take on Chalkou.
flyby charge: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

G7 after everyone but Clyph:

G7 still has a javalin and decides to try a "softer" target throwing his weapon at Titaia.
thro: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Everyone who has not acted in this round may go


33/33 HP AC 14, T 14, FF 11, CMD 22, Fort+7, Ref +7, Will +2, Per +7

Patroclus, trying to suggest a wise course of action, like his Goddess would usually counsel, notes that nobody else listened.

He will still continue to move for what he deems to be a better place to fight, but only as a single move action, then he will keep a prepared attack to grapple a flyer if it attacks him.

grapple: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Male Warforged Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 3

Engaging battle protocols, Chalkou's eyes turn from green to red as he takes stock of the situation. Seeing that he will not merely be able to hammer the pests down, Chalkou steps to the fore, between his allies and the enemy. "Get behind me." he says, glancing toward them. "I will intercept any who try to attack you."

Entering Rage, then positioning himself in front of ranged/spellcasting allies. Readied action to attack the first enemy that comes in range.

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

@Chalkou see G6

@Patrolicus Since you're moving towards opposite end perception check :D


Male Warforged Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 3

As a goblin approaches him, Chalkou swing his warhammer at the little creature.

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

The goblin reeels back quite aggregiously wounded though he returns the favor.


33/33 HP AC 14, T 14, FF 11, CMD 22, Fort+7, Ref +7, Will +2, Per +7

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 oblivious


Sorceress

"I must say I really do not like these things." Titaia stated before she reached out her hand. An arcane circle appeared around her hand before two bolts of force shot out and hit two goblins.

G4 and G5 in I can, there are so many number I'm not really sure.
To G4: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
To G5: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Wayang 1 Rogue 2 Illusionist 1 mythic ac 20(16 non spelled) bab:2+4 to hit, ft 0 ref 6 will 4 sn att 2d6 init 4

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Cyprian keeps hidden and tries to pace Patroclus but along the wall positioning himself to flank anything attacking him.

stealth: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 5 = 16


Female Half-minotaur Ranger(Skrmisher)3 Champion (Mythic)1
Vitals:
HP:31/31 AC:17=10+(-1Size,+1Natural,+4Armor,+3Dex) Fort:6 Refl:6 Will:3 Perception:8 Init:3

Nali shouts a battlecry and throws her spear into the air, her empowered strength lending it extra power
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Pretty sure that didn't hit
Her spear flies 10ft into the air
If it did-Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Female Vishkanya Hooded Champion (Ranger) 3

Alexandra shoots the one badly wounded by Chalkou.

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

That's enough to finish him off.

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

Top of the round Gobo 1 blows a signal horn twice as he takes a withdraw action. There are answering horn blasts on 3 sides of you over various walls.

Cantion is free to act.

The gobos will be using flight with drawls as their mission was on one centaur and rider your numbers make this a fair fight so they are rejoining higher numbers.

If you guys have ranged weapons to take parting shots feel free otherwise we'll be moving out of combat rounds.

I'll point out I'm more than happy to do a modified chase scene here if you guys want to rabbit or we can do this they are going to keep sending groups at you to try and slow you down so they can beat you with numbers what's your strategy for avoiding that?

Bear in mind you also have the magical thread :D


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

The fawn cleric moves to attack a nearby goblin, careful not to move away too far from the main group
Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Dmg.: 1d6 ⇒ 2

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

Sadly that's going to miss, anyone else going for parting s***s before we move along as the gobos are fleeing?


Sorceress

"Let the cowards run." Titaia said shaking her head. "They aren't worth our time." She told them.


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.
Titaia wrote:
"Let the cowards run." Titaia said shaking her head. "They aren't worth our time." She told them.

"Glad you think so, General's Daughter", breathed a relieved Cantion.


Male Warforged Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 3

Chalkou seems to lock up for a second, before his eyes resume their normal green. Battle Protocols disengaged. "Are they running, or are they gathering reinforcements?" the big metal man asks.


Female Vishkanya Hooded Champion (Ranger) 3

"The drums haven't stopped, if any of you have an idea on how to get away I'm all ears but it sounds like they have numbers."


AC 19, touch 10, flat-footed 18; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 hp 39/39; Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5;

"They're regrouping and are going to try again. I recommend we keep moving, so they do not get the tactical advantage of pinning us down." Nessius recommends. "It's what my tribe would do."

He turns to look over the group. "I am pleased to have found you all again. And you are alive." he says warmly.


33/33 HP AC 14, T 14, FF 11, CMD 22, Fort+7, Ref +7, Will +2, Per +7

Looking back and hearing of the withdrawal, Patroclus beckons the rest "I think it prudent it we keep moving before more show up. I think this way is our best bet. "


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

Looking to the athlete and his twineball, Cantion agrees, "After you then, Patroclus."


Sorceress

"Yes Nessius, I am over joyed to see you alive and well." Titaia said with a smile as she laid a hand upon his arm. "This time, try to stay close." She told him before looking to the others.

"They're right, lets get moving. Patroclus, as Cantion so wisely stated, after you."

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

Cantion can do the wis check for navigation or try a UMD DC 20.


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

Wisdom Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

Cantion has a good sense of general direction, ahead there's three branches two will likely run you into more drumming goblins the third will leave open pursuit but you sense a fourth option.


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

The cleric senses the fourth options and tries to see where it leads.

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

Perception check There's a hidden hatch (DC 20) remember you can tell the others and get aid another.


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

"Guys! There's a door around here somewhere. Please help me look."
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 ON THE DOT!!


33/33 HP AC 14, T 14, FF 11, CMD 22, Fort+7, Ref +7, Will +2, Per +7

aid perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"it's over...never mind. " and he moves to the hatch.


Sorceress

"A door?" Titaia asked as she as she helped him look none the less.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Nope.

"Oh... well now I feel foolish." Titaia said as she noticed Cantion was on a totally different side of the area.


AC 19, touch 10, flat-footed 18; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 hp 39/39; Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5;

"I... Have some concerns." Nessius states, sizing up the hatch.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Warforged Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 3

"I will go through and ensure that the way is clear." Chalkou says, before going through the hatch, shield raised.


33/33 HP AC 14, T 14, FF 11, CMD 22, Fort+7, Ref +7, Will +2, Per +7

Looking at the centaur "Maybe if we apply a bit of oil?"

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

The Hatch is heavy prolly going to take two of the stronger members to open but it is big enough for the Centaur with it opening up into a large tunnel with the same dense black purple glass all around. Of course then there's closing the hatch and light sources.

Let me know how you work that out :D


AC 19, touch 10, flat-footed 18; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 hp 39/39; Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5;

Strength Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
"Unf... Give me a hand here." he grunts, straining mightily against the weight of the hatch.


33/33 HP AC 14, T 14, FF 11, CMD 22, Fort+7, Ref +7, Will +2, Per +7

str assist: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 but with the bulk of the centaur on the hatch, he can't find his grip


Male Warforged Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 3

Assist: Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Chalkou grabs hold and pulls the hatch with the centaur.


Female Half-minotaur Ranger(Skrmisher)3 Champion (Mythic)1
Vitals:
HP:31/31 AC:17=10+(-1Size,+1Natural,+4Armor,+3Dex) Fort:6 Refl:6 Will:3 Perception:8 Init:3

weak! the Minotaur cries, pressing against the door with themStr Assist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9Well Seems Lady luck smiles not on me

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

You all manage to get inside the tunnels a few of you call some light in the darkness as the lid is closed and you move.

The ball of twine that you've used to navigate glows with a violet fairy fire and starts to pulsate like a heart.

The tunnel is basically a cylinder of obsidian black but reflective about a 10ft diameter. At present you can go forward and away from the drumming sound or toward it being underneath in an attempt to slip underneath it.


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

Holding the purple pulsing ball of twine, Cantion feels the obsidian walls, noting how very smooth they are.
The cleric intends to lead the party away from the drums, unless anyone else voices their objection.


33/33 HP AC 14, T 14, FF 11, CMD 22, Fort+7, Ref +7, Will +2, Per +7

Patroclus just follows. He's happy enough to let Cantion lead.


AC 19, touch 10, flat-footed 18; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 hp 39/39; Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5;

Nessius seems a bit concerned about his footing going down the stairs, but once down, he keeps his head down and tries to take up the rear so he doesn't obstruct the party.


Sorceress

Titaia seems to hold her breath as they kept moving. "What is this place?" She finally whispered out as he hand ran over the obsidian walls.

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

The walls feel pleasantly warm and symbols appear in Stigian

Stigian:

Those who fall here will rise again


Male Warforged Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 3

Chalkou brings up the rear, walking backwards with shield held in front of him, just in case.

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

The drums continue to beat though the sound is not as intense underground. The path curves until it diverges essentially the underground maze seems to be composed of ring shaped tunnels, you can pick a cardinal direction or use the twine again to try and find orientation or just put distance and get topside ASAP up to you.

Once you have a general idea of your objectives down here I'll start rolling random encounters.


AC 19, touch 10, flat-footed 18; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 hp 39/39; Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5;

"so... What happened while i was gone?" he asks, swishing his tail in agitation.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

Cantion considers his options. Is the maze above or the maze below the real labyrinth, or both. The cleric focuses his will back into the twine and asks it to help him find the center.
Wisdom Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Crud!
"Well", comments the fawn, "we did run into a talking sword that was shoved through the skull of a mighty dragon. A excellent talking companion. Sadly, we had to leave him where we found him, lest the spirit of the dread drake rise."

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

When Cantion says that his eyes start glowing the same purple the ball of twine has.

Cantion you see a path back to the sword and skull :D

Pretty much anytime you mention some place you've been in the Labyrinth this will happen...

501 to 550 of 552 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Under the Shadow of Olympus, the God's are mad All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.