Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Under the Shadows of Olympus

Game Master GM_Solspiral

Hellenistic Alternate history campaign with High Fantasy Elements.


1 to 50 of 590 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

game master

Dot


Sorceress

Dot


33/33 HP AC 14, T 14, FF 11, CMD 22, Fort+7, Ref +7, Will +2, Per +7

dot


AC 19, touch 10, flat-footed 18; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 hp 39/39; Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5;

Dotted


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

.

Sovereign Court

game master

It has been a long journey for all of you. Even if it has been as simple as walking down the streets of Olympia or a long journey across the sea of monsters, you have all found your way to the gates of the temple to Apollo, where the great Oracle resides. The others around you came here, for whatever their reasons. Some of you don't even know how you got here. All each of you is certain about is that you are here now, about to enter the temple where the priests the Apollo will bring you to the Oracle.


33/33 HP AC 14, T 14, FF 11, CMD 22, Fort+7, Ref +7, Will +2, Per +7

Not really sure why he made this trek, he was in town for the Olympiad after all- he didn't need to seek out a prophesy for himself. He already saw it, He would win the medal in pankration.

But nonetheless Patroclus found himself at the entrace to the Temple of Apollo and the Oracle. Might as well head on in if I've made the walk.

then looking around at the motley crew surrounding him Wonder if they were led here as well? he thinks to himself.


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

The tall, sleepy-looking fawn rests his head in his hand and groans.
Lord Bacchus, the least you could have done is removed my hangover. How are I to receive enlightenment in this state?
You see, last night, in a drunken revelry, at a local Olympia tavern, Bacchus, God of wine and madness, forced a powerful omen behind Cantion's blurred vision. It told him to go see Apollo's oracle, and heed it's words.
And Cantion, ever-faithful servant of god of the grape harvest, obeys the bidding of his celestial master, lest his wine turn sour, like the fawn heard others who displeased Bacchus have experienced.


AC 19, touch 10, flat-footed 18; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 hp 39/39; Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5;

Nessius trots up to the gate of the temple, others stepping aside to avoid being bowled over by the centaur's bulk. He stops at the gates, looking perplexed, but his legs prance him side to side a few feet while he tries to spot any of the priests.

Built with massive muscle clad in fine armor, the Centaur's weapons mark him as a champion or warrior of some sort. Everything he wears is shined and in pristine condition. The skirts around his equine portion are fine blue cloth, draped with studded leather straps hanging intermittently around him.

His fur is a deep tan color, and his human half lightly tanned and as proportionally muscled as his equine side. His tail is a mahogany brown, which matches the bits of hair that can be seen from under his helmet.

He frowns, looking around on this side of the gate. Spotting the fawn, he trots a little bit closer. "Fawn... Have you been here awhile?" he asks, his voice deep and basso. "I seek the oracle of Apollo, so that the gods may look favorably upon my battles."


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

Suddenly, thunderous clopping began to get close, according to Cantion's hungover senses.
Squinting to look at the large centaur now standing to his side, Cantion grimaces.

Mac a' an bitseach!!:
translated from Sylvan "Son of a b*~%&!!"
"Warrior, must you trot so loudly! I feel as if Lord Vulcan is fashioning my skull into a new bauble for Lady Venus!" Gently shaking his head, the fawn continues. "I've been here for a quarter hour, but it seems those present will see the oracle in a minute or so."


Sorceress

Titaia gazed up at temple with a slight expression of wondered before she entered, taking her place in line.

To learn ones destiny can be a heavy burden... but I'd rather know my path then close my eyes and walk...

The young amazon gave a small laugh at the fawn's statement to the centaurian warrior that stood beside him now about his skull. "I didn't know the beastkin visited the Oracle... though it doesn't shock me." The muttered to herself as she lean on her spear. It had been a long journey and she had stopped many times to learn more about arcane magic... but no matter what scrolls she studied the power she had never grew like it had when it first awoken within her.

She was broken out of her thoughts by the fawn's next words. "So we should be going in soon? Good." She said with a nod.


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

Looking up to the centaur, the fawn mouths "Beastkin?"
Shaking his head and shrugging, Cantion looks straight on to the ravishing human maiden before him, and pushes the pain in his head down deep. Hangovers can wait!
The fawn bows before the sorceress, extending his hand, and looking deep into her eyes.
"Greetings, fair one. My name is Cantion, faithful servant of Lord Bacchus. Pleased to make your acquaitance, Miss..?"


Sorceress

"Titaia, daughter of the Amazonian General Maphili." She answered as she stood up straight, shoulders back, chest out, and pride coating her smile. "Beastkin is our name for those whom have, animal forms in one way or another. We mean no ill by of of course. At least I did not lump you in with man." She said with a shrug.


AC 19, touch 10, flat-footed 18; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 hp 39/39; Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5;

Nessius exchanges the look with Cantion, allowing them to speak.
"I am Nessius of Magnesia." The centaur introduces himself. "I have heard tales of the Amazons. They are fierce warriors."

His tail will flick. "We have tales of Fauns, too." he admits. "Not nearly as flattering, though impressive in their own right."


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

Seeing the social cue ignored, Cantion returns his hand to his hip, and stands straight.
"No offense taken", smiled the fawn. "Besides you may find that us "beastkin" are.. superior to man in many endeavors", said Cantion with a sly wink.
Looking up to address the centaur, Cantion continues, "Ah, yes Nessius. Vicious, vicious lies. Perpetrated by jealous suitors and irate fathers, I'm afraid."
Unable to suppress his pounding headache, the fawn addresses the human and centaur.
"Baaah!This headache refuses to go away. One moment please."
Cantion casts remove sickness on himself.
Feeling the pounding in his head cease, the fawn sighs, "Ahh. Much better."


33/33 HP AC 14, T 14, FF 11, CMD 22, Fort+7, Ref +7, Will +2, Per +7

"I've been told if you don't drink so much, you won't get the headache. I've never touched the stuff myself since my trainers say it is a no, no. " Patroclus interjects, trying to at least keep abreast of the discussion.

Even if the comment sounds ludicrous, he appears to say it with complete sincerity.


Sorceress

"Yes, all daughters are trained to be warriors. Even those with magical properties such as myself." Titaia said as she offered a nod to Nessius.

"Amazonians only breed to warriors to breed warrior. If that is your goal prove yourself a warrior and then we might talk." She returned a smirk to the Cantion's wink.

When the man spoke up about too much drink, Titaia couldn't help but give a slight laugh. "He is correct in that. Not drinking too much would solve your problem." she turn her gaze to the man before her and questioned, "While I understand not partaking in it often... I don't understand why you where not allowed it at all?"


33/33 HP AC 14, T 14, FF 11, CMD 22, Fort+7, Ref +7, Will +2, Per +7

He answers quite simply "Because my trainers said so. " as if that was enough for anyone. When he sees that it probably isn't he continues "I am training to win the pankration competition here at the olympiad and one must be in top form. Only the best compete, and one cannot concede any edge. "


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.
Titaia wrote:
When the man spoke up about too much drink, Titaia couldn't help but give a slight laugh. "He is correct in that. Not drinking too much would solve your problem." she turn her gaze to the man before her and questioned, "While I understand not partaking in it often... I don't understand why you where not allowed it at all?"

"Ahh. A religious debate. Wonderful!" Cantion really seem to perk up at the question. You see, my beautiful Amazonian, what you are getting at is one of the fundamental misconceptions of the Baccian faith. You see, it's not all just drinking and revelry." The fawn's gestures become more and more expansive. "It takes hard work, years of practice, to maintain the high levels of inebriation needed for the mortal mind to touch the will of my divine master, Lord Bacchus. In fact, it was through that exact same divine connection Lord Bacchus was able to communicate his will that I should be with you fine people today, waiting to see the Oracle, and for it to deliever even more enlightenment of Lord Bacchus's will, you see?"


33/33 HP AC 14, T 14, FF 11, CMD 22, Fort+7, Ref +7, Will +2, Per +7

"Well if it is a matter of divine will that is a different thing altogether. I would never go against the will of my patron Athena. "


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

"I would not expect anything less from an even-handed adherent to Lady Athena", Cantion says with an appreciative nod.


Sorceress

"Among my sisters and mothers there are many patrons. Most worship Artemis. As she seems to be the only Goddess who understands the outlook on men. But Hera is worshiped greatly as well for her roll as the mother. Athena gets most of my prayers but I cannot truly say I have any parton. I ask Artemis to ensure my aim is clear and my mind unclouded, to Hera that I may one day bare many strong daughters, but mostly to Athena for her wisdom of where I should go next and what would be the wisest action to take." Titaia explained as she crossed her free arm over herself so that is rested upon the opposite hip, her other hand still filled with her spear.

"If you are so willing to be apart of your patron's faith, why then do you get so upset about a hangover?" She questioned the Cantion with a smirk.


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

Cantion smiles inwardly. I got an almost smile out of her. Keep it up, Cantion old boy!
"Hmm", ponders Cantion. "Let's see. Allow us to your reverence to Artemis as an example."
"In order for an adherent of Artemis to become skilled at the bow, they must endure many long hours with sore muscles to hone their body to be able to sharpen their accuracy and timing. So it is with Bacchians. The hangover is the price the body makes to advance in mastery and enlightenment."
Dear Lord Bacchus! I sound amazing! Thank you, Great One!


Sorceress

Titaia placed her hand over her lips as she shook her head. "I do not know what is more amusing: the fact you just compared the art or archery to that of drinking and feasting, or the very fact you deeply believe it." She said through her hand as she obviously tried to hide the laughter that was building.

When she had calmed herself enough to remove her hand, placing it on her hip, she cleared her throat and spoke "Bacchus must reward his very devout well for you to speak so highly of your... Enlightenment."


33/33 HP AC 14, T 14, FF 11, CMD 22, Fort+7, Ref +7, Will +2, Per +7

"Well as I see it, if it is the will of the gods, we must respect it, no matter what our personal beliefs as mortals. I certainly don't feel myself wise enough to question Bacchus. "


AC 19, touch 10, flat-footed 18; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 hp 39/39; Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5;

"The gods..." Nessius mutters as he watches their conversation. His tail flicks in agitation.

If I wanted to stand around debating the gods like those cloud-loving philosophers, I'd be in the square... When are the gates going to open?

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.
Titaia wrote:
When she had calmed herself enough to remove her hand, placing it on her hip, she cleared her throat and spoke "Bacchus must reward his very devout well for you to speak so highly of your... Enlightenment."

Cantion shrugs, "Living the Bacchian Way is it's own reward. After this business with the oracle, we should all have to find a winehall, and we can continue this religious discussion in earnest."

Looking to the two humans and the centaur, "I think all three of you could be really receptive to Bacchus's teachings", says the fawn with a large grin.

Sovereign Court

game master

Suddenly, interrupting the ongoing debate, a warforged steps out of the temple gates. He is forged out of bronze almost glowing gold in the sunlight. He has the symbol of Apollo on his chest and a large bow on his back. "One need not suffer the pains and training of your gods, when you are born with it." He looks down at the assembly and chuckles. "You have all arived... thank Apollo... please, come in. The Oracle is waiting."


33/33 HP AC 14, T 14, FF 11, CMD 22, Fort+7, Ref +7, Will +2, Per +7

Patroclus will follow the warforged into the temple.


AC 19, touch 10, flat-footed 18; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 hp 39/39; Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5;

Nessius follows glad to be finally going.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

Cantion follows after the centaur.


Sorceress

Titaia gave the warforge a curious look after he spoke, but said nothing and follow the others into the temple.


Male Human Paladin 2

A tired looking man dashes into the room, seemingly unaware of the group's presence.

Sorry about being late to post guys.


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

Cantion quickly sidesteps to save himself from being bullrushed by the armored human now in their mists.
"Hey! Watch it!"

Sovereign Court

game master

The warforged leads you into the temple, where a statue of Apollo stands tall, stairs leading down below him. Snakes wrap around some pedestals, torches in their mouths. "She is below" says the priest. A pair set of metal doors rest below the feet of apollo, the Oracle's symbol engraved into the door.


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

As Cantion follows the bronze warforged through the Temple of Apollo, the fawn looks up into the face of massive statue of the God of Light. Placing one hand over his heart, Cantion gives the religious visage a head bow to show reverence and respect.


Male Human Paladin 2

As the man follows Cantion, he mumbles a prayer under his breath, aimed at the statue.


33/33 HP AC 14, T 14, FF 11, CMD 22, Fort+7, Ref +7, Will +2, Per +7

He will also bow as he passes the statue in reverence, and continue on.


Sorceress

Titaia gently set her spear against the wall by the door before looking at the warforged. "Please keep an eye of this if you don't mind. I really don't think I'll need it while seeing the Oracle." With that she pushed the door open.


AC 19, touch 10, flat-footed 18; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 hp 39/39; Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5;

Nessius looks down the passage and sighs. The most hated of human inventions... stairs. he grumbles, carefully descending the steps.

Sovereign Court

game master

For the centaur there is a ramp to the side. As you enter the room the smell of ash and leather fills the air. In the center of the round room is a single torch, glowing a green flame. In front of the torch is a hooded figure, kneeling to the flame. The doors close behind you... and the slithering of snakes can be heard around you. "Welcome, godspawn..." says the figure with a thick leathery voice. "You have come to learn of your fate? No... your fate has brought you here. But from now on... you are champions of the gods... and not just Olympians. But all gods, from every land... you are here to become what you truly are!" the figure stands, turning to you, all that you can see if its face is two green eyes and billowing smoke. "normally those who come here receive a prophecy... but you have no prophecy! You are here to break from the fabric of destiny and embrace your true selves... you will face 5 great trials... first, you will go to an Island to the south, on that island is the father of minotaur. You will vanquish him and learn the truth... or you will not. The choice is yours!" the Oracle's words seem to unlock something deep within you all... like a door has been opened, your bodies fill with new power... You are now mythic, moment of ascension: Oracle's words.


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

Before Cantion has a chance to question the oracle, his legs begin to buckle. All of the fawn's sense are on fire, images of all the Olympian Gods flash before his vision, with the visage of the spiritual father of all fawns and satyr, Pan, The Wild God, most insistant. Strange energies assault the cleric. To Cantion, it feels as if his very bones will explode with unchecked power! Before the fawn can cry out in pain, it is over. Panting, as if he ran The Marathon, Cantion looks around the room to the others present.
If I ever needed a drink more than right now..."
Just so I understand, we are now 1st mythic tier characters?


AC 19, touch 10, flat-footed 18; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 hp 39/39; Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5;

Nessius is initially concerned about the possibility of snakes until the oracle's words cut through his thoughts, and he becomes aware of how much potential he had just waiting to be tapped.

Nessius's hooves will clatter as he bows to the oracle. "If my destiny is my own, then victory comes if I choose it." he murmurs. "And I shall never falter."

This new power thrumming through him is almost visible in his body, not as any displays of energy, but as a change in how he carries himself. His muscles seem to stand out, every fiber of his being seems amplified. Then again, compared to everyone else... they all seem to be more than they were before.


Sorceress

Titaia's body arched back, the blood in her veins ingniting making her feel like her body would burst into flames. She felt her feet leave the floor, if only for a moment, as a voice rang in her ears.

"Hear. Feel. Know. Speak, and others will follow!"

Yet it seemed as soon as it spoke it was gone. She was dropped down onto the stone floor, breathing heavily as her body tried to relax. She slowly stood, her body complaining but she ignored it, and pushed her hair out of her face. Her eyes had changed to a golden flame color and seemed to give off a glow.

"By the gods... What was that?" She asked as she pushed the sweat from her brow.


33/33 HP AC 14, T 14, FF 11, CMD 22, Fort+7, Ref +7, Will +2, Per +7

Patroclus initially shows signs of deep disappointment at being told he is not to compete in the olympiad for which has trained for much of his life. He even thinks about turning down the mission, then a divine power touches his soul, and his body begins to quiver with newfound power.

"By the gods!

It wouldn't be fair now to compete. I am more than man.

"We have been touched by the gods and our quest made clear. We must find a vessel to take us to the souther island of which the Oracle spoke. "


Male Human Paladin 2

The strange man's figure crumples, but in a second, he jumps back upwards.

"If we must go, then we shall. Let us move forward."


Sorceress

"Then let us see if we can secure passage to this island. Though it would be better if we knew the name." Titaia said as she gathered with the others. "We should head to the docks, and see if a captain would be willing to set out come dawn tomorrow."

"We will need coin to buy passage of course and we should find some place to stay in the mean time... Though during this time of year I wonder if many inns will have enough rooms." Titaia said thoughtfully, though mostly to herself. "Let us go to the dock first." She decided.


Male Fawn| HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +8 Cleric/3rd MR/1st| Speed 40ft (40ft) | Active conditions: None.

Walking over to the others, giving his head a good, long shake; Cantion chimes in.
"Sure. Why not. Makes sense."
Taking off his backpack, the fawn unlocks a gallon jug from a hooked latch on the backpack, uncorks the jug and takes a good long swig of wine.
Ahhhhhhhh.


AC 19, touch 10, flat-footed 18; Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 hp 39/39; Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5;

Nessius will go straight from the temple to the docks area. His goal is to secure passage to this island as soon as possible, but he wants to take a ship that has some repute and history of successful journeys. As a centaur, he's not the easiest to fit on human vessels.


33/33 HP AC 14, T 14, FF 11, CMD 22, Fort+7, Ref +7, Will +2, Per +7

"My family has a suite for me at the best Inn in town if it comes to that, but I think we must go to the docks. "

Then seeing the centaur rush out, moves to follow him.

1 to 50 of 590 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Under the Shadow of Olympus, the God's are mad All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.