Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Uncoiled Ambition

Game Master Mowque


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,284 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

As Sevak darts between buildings, he can hear the crackling of the fire he started. It is already engulfing the entire building and spreading, soon reaching the Old Rice House. If not checked, this entire area of town will be aflame.

The townsfolk know this, of course, and many are already converging on the scene. The difference between thug, townsperson and visitors all vanish in the face of impending doom. However, just as Sevak turns a corner, a wide-shouldered man (armed and with the look of a mercenary) shouts. 'Hey, who are you? Why you running away?"


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

Thinking quickly, Sevak shouts, "There's a fire! We need more water, more buckets! Surely there must be rain barrels in some of these alleys?"

Unless he's seen a few dozen while running here, in which case he'll say something else.

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 2 Oh, Sevak... he should just never lie, because it never ever works for him.


Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The man runs up, face hard. His hand rests on the pommel of his sword, eyeing Sevak's glittering scales. "Nagaji, eh? So, why were you running away? Avoiding the scene of the crime, eh?"

He half-turns and shouts to a few other men (thug looking), 'I think I found our fire-starter!"


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

How does the area look? Any possible escape routes? I don't think Sevak wants to try to fight several men, and getting captured sounds like a bad idea...


You are in the middle of the street, you got options. You have narrow alleys, wider streets, houses to run into. The guy might get an AoO on you, so roll Acrobatics when you bolt, if you bolt


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

It is unfortunate I do not have that snapleaf now... Sevak thinks to himself.

"It is all very well to blame people in the street for starting fires," Sevak says aloud, cautiously reaching a hand down towards his belt as he speaks, "But it will not much matter who started the fire if the town burns down. Have you seen anything we can use to put out the fire?"

He edges backwards as he talks, tensing to run.

Assuming the thugs act with hostile intent, he makes a break for a nearby alley. Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


the dice hate you

'Grabbing the person who started it, might prevent more." The hefty man lunges toward Sevak he bounds backwards. In a quick motion his sword is drawn and slashing out at the fleeing nagaji.

AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The cut opens a fresh wound along Sevak's back, but he is running and outpaces his foe. He does hear cries of 'Nagaji! Nagaji!" ringing out behind him.

Things do not look good.

Stealth check if you are still going back to the tavern


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

What? Trust to a roll? That would be madness!

Once he's opened the distance, Sevak feels within himself again. Perhaps this power could help him hide, or at least move more quickly?


?: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Sevak reaches inside and taps into this new (and active) well of magical energy. A shiver passes through him as he does so, magic welling over his body/ The world suddenly becomes a bit brighter, colors somewhat stronger. It is as if a very thin gauze was removed, or the last bit of fog dissipated.

Otherwise, nothing else has changed.

The sounds of fire-fighting increase, as most everyone in town is running over to help.

As Sevak stands there pondering what to do, he spots two thugs enter the street (ignoring the nagaji). Quickly they smash in the front door and start looting the place, the inhabitants presumably gone to fight the fire.


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

A suspicion grows in Sevak's mind, but he has no time to think about it. Here is a chance to do something good, he hopes.

He draws his blade and gets out his shield. "You there!" He shouts at the thugs, approaching threateningly. "Stop, or face my blade!"


The thugs pause, seemingly surprised. One actually drops a large wooden chest onto the street, the contents jangling heavily. Both draws short, ugly blades and look around, panic on their faces.

Seeing a lone nagaji they grin and says, 'Be off, outlander. Find your own pickings." and get back to work.


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

Almost Sevak charges in to attack them... but had he not learned recently that attacking the lesser evil might let the greater go free? And was he not hotly pursued? And what would it really do for him to drive these men off? Would they not simply go and break into another house?

With a frustrated shake of his head Sevak sheathes his sword and continues running. He doesn't aim straight for the Blue Sunset, not wanting any pursuers to guess his destination.

I guess I might need Stealth again?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Your dice rolls are amazing

Sevak leaves the two looters to their work, and heads back to the inn. Had clumsily dodges other people but he is far enough away from the fire, that it means little.

He finds the Blue Sunset and sneaks inside, finding Kona and Paq arguing about going to get Sevak. Paq, in the pro-faction, shuts up instantly as the nagaji enters.

"What happened? You light half the town on fire?"


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

I know, right?

"I hope not," Sevak replies, glancing around the room quickly to make certain all is well. "Hudai seems willing to change the way things are run here, but her guard was not. In the course of fighting him, I... discovered that I am again capable of a sort of spellcasting."

He hesitates a moment, then decides that he might as well explain. "This discovery came in the form of a ball of flame, hence the fire. I would have stayed to put it out, but I rather suspect I would have been lynched had I tried."

He sighs. "So it seems I must hide again."


Paq looks confused but impressed, "What sort of magic? Can you transform into other animals? That would be very useful about now."

Before anyone can reply the door bangs open. Sevak's heart leaps into his throat, wondering if the game was already up. But instead of angry thugs bearing swords it is Hundai, looking smoke-stained and tired.

"So, you made it, nagaji. This is good. We need to plan." Her eyes narrow on Paq, 'Can we trust the plague-bringer?" Paq growls.


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

"I owe Paq my life several times over," Sevak replies, evenly. "He has already heard about my hopes for change here."


Hundai considers this then shrugs, 'Very well. Then we can discuss what was interrupted. We have a small window of time before I am missed. We need to strike at Zai, and strongly. You revealed you have some potent magic, you can use this to help, yes?"


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

Sevak frowns. "I cannot use the fireball again today," he states, not mentioning that it is, thus far, just a theory. "I should be able to create some bolts of flame, however."


Hundai frowns, 'I had hoped to use the chaos of the fire to strike, and strike hard. Usually Zai is too well-guarded for a direct assault." Shaking her head she asks, 'What do you propose, nagaji? You came to this town with these grand plans. Share them! Surely you didn't just blunder here, with no idea what to do next?"


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

"We may still strike now," Sevak replies, "I am simply warning you not to expect the same amount of power as what I recently displayed. We can do nothing while Zai remains. After that, we shall have to make fear and greed serve our purposes if they will not listen to reason. Perhaps reward those who turn in their fellows for unauthorized thefts and abuses? After verification of their claims, of course. But to do such will require control."


The woman nods and heads over to the bar and starts rummaging beneath it. Kona is nowhere to be seen. With the crimelord distracted Paq shuffles over and says, "Two worms give you trouble and now you want to tangle with the local kingpin? Did you take a blow to the head?"


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

"That was when I had no magic," Sevak whispers back, not wanting to mention just how little he really has even now. "Nothing will change here without removing Zai, that much is clear. And if he is not warded against fire and I can get close to him, I might have a chance."


Paq shrugs, "Perhaps." Then slides a bit away as Hundai re-appears carrying a bottle of fine sake.

She pours out three glasses and says, "If we remove Zai, I can take over. Once in command, I can change things from this to a more...enlightened vision. I'll have to crack a few heads, but that can be done. There are a few others, like me, that can see past the end of their noses."


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

Sevak nods. "Enough to keep the others in fear of punishment?" he asks. This was, he felt, the essential problem--laws were needed here, and badly, but that meant having enough who would enforce the law. "That seems to be the only motivation those who lack such vision will understand."


Fear will keep the local systems in line...

Hundai nods and Sevak sees a small and not very pleasant smile cross the woman's face. "There are ways, and Zai has taught us much in such things. trust me, once I am in a position of authority, what i say will happen."


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

"I see," Sevak replies. "Then let us speak of how to remove Zai. He is vulnerable now? Know you where he is and how he is guarded?"


Sipping her sake she says, "Many men are away, fighting the fire. You started quite the conflagration, I have to say. Most of the lower district is one fire."

"Anyway, Zai lives on an old river barge, tied up to some old pilings. Hasn't moved in years, but it makes him feel safe. Most of his thugs are gone, but there are bound to be two or three still lingering about."


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

Sevak nods. "Most likely. Would an attack from the water be more unexpected? Or is the river itself dangerous?" he asked, thinking of what he knew of piranha and the like.


Hundai shrugs, "Can you swim? Otherwise it should be safe enough, in the shallows. There is some weird stuff living int he river, but not this close to town. The big risk will be all the garbage people dump in."

Paq coughs and looks to Sevak, 'Shall we scout things out?"


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

"Yes," Sevak replies to Paq. "We must know the specifics of what we shall face. Will you help, Paq?"


The ratfolk grins, 'Of course, assuming Zai is someone we can steal from, if opportunity presents itself. But, again, being a nagaji isn't going to help. Do you want me to go alone?"


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

"Indeed." Sevak sighs. "Perhaps someday I shall find a place where one's race matters less than one's actions. Though in truth, here it is my actions as much as aught else that cause me trouble. But please, go quickly, Paq."


The ratfolk nods and vanishes out a side door. Hundai watches him and remarks, "You have odd friends, how talented is he? As much as he thinks he is?"

After a bit she adds, eyes softening, "So, you flee an unpleasant past?"


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

"No one has caught him yet," Sevak replies to her first question. "Beyond that I cannot judge, for I have little talent in such things myself."

He pauses for a moment before answering her second question. "I flee the Naga," he states.

He pauses for a moment, then adds, "And I seek to be better than I was."


"Both reasons are common enough here, nagaji. Although few of them are your kind. In that, you are nearly unique." Hundai remarks, still sipping her drink.

It is late afternoon when Paq arrives, looking pleased with himself, and chewing on a greasy chicken leg.

"Zai stocks his larder quite well." he remarks, still eating. 'What did I miss?"


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

"Conversation, but none that you would have cared too much for," Sevak notes, his drink still untouched. "What else did you find? How are the guards arrayed?"


Paq clears his throat, 'Well, as she said, there is a large square barge tied up at the dock. Two guards at the gangplank, and two others patrolling the deck. There is a structure in the middle of the barge, I'm guessing the cabin where he is living?"

Hunadi nods in agreement.

Paq goes on, 'He has a few outbuildings at the shoreline, including a kitchen and a larder." he waves the chicken leg, "Where I go this. Also a few small huts for his pet thugs. Place looks empty right now. That fire is engulfing half the town."


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

Sevak winces. "I had not wished to cause such destruction... but we must make what use of it we can."

He pauses, then slowly says, "What if we were to set fire to the barge? Zai would likely be the last off, leaving a window of vulnerability..."


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

Then he shakes his head. "No, too much risk of it spreading to the dockside buildings and doing further damage to the town."

He pauses and looks over at Hudai. "Will you participate in the attack, or must you remain unassociated? I can swim, and Paq clearly will find his own way onboard."


Hudai says, "I can simply walk in. Until things settle down, I am still his trusted second. It will be sometime before he learns what happened to the tengu." Sevak notes a hint of betrayal and sadness here, but she covers it well.

Paq looks back and forth and asks, "So a straight forward kill? No talk, no kidnapping?"


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

Sevak sighs. "I can see no better way. If left alive, he would likely try to reclaim his position, and so cause much bloodshed. And as long as he is in power, nothing here will change. For the good of all he must die."


Paq nods, "Good, makes that clear." Hundai also smiles, but there is a hint of fangs and fire behind her gaze.

'When do we leave?" the woman asks, "The future of the town waits."


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

Sevak stands. "Let us go now," he says. "I need only to know the way."


"Allow me." Hundai says and they leave the Inn. Sevak reflects he never saw Kona while he was there.

They hurry between buildings, heading up the riverside. In the distance, Sevak can see huge orange flames reaching toward the sky, sending vast plumes of dark smoke. Entire buildings burn now, defeating the townsfolk's best efforts. As they get closer he does console himself that most of the burning is either abandoned buildings or those used by the bandits to house stolen goods.

Soon they reach a vantage point by a defunct smithy. Hundai points tot he water, where a large barge floats. 'Our target'

It is much as Paq described, except there is much traffic going to and from it, presumably carrying orders for Zai. Sevak spots a small fishing boat tied up alongside, unloading fish for the barge's larder.


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

Sevak hopes it is not a bad sign that Kona had been absent from their discussion.

Sevak frowns when they see the barge, and he tries to stay out of sight. "It is not good to strike when so many are here. The question is, will this die down soon?"

He looks over at Hundai questioningly. "Or is this likely to continue?"


Hundai says, "This is actually less then usual. The messengers are just coming and going, not guarding or lounging about as usual. It is often easier to sneak into a busy place then a slow one."

Paq sniffs, "There are several schools of thought on that."

The woman bandit leader shrugs, 'Anyway, it is either this or we wait until things are calm and my true nature is revealed. Which do you prefer nagaji?"

You can also choose to rest instead


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

"It is not so easy for those who stand out so much," Sevak points out.

He stares at the scene for a bit longer. "The chaos of noncombatants fleeing battle might serve to delay some of the guards... but at the same time it will be difficult for me to get close without being seen. Does Zai have any nagaji who serve him?"


Hundai shakes her head, "We used to have a few but they were 'promoted' to headquarters at the ruins. Not scalies with us right now."

Paq looks around and frowns, "How much magic do you have Sevak? Assuming you used alot to torch half the town, maybe you should rest."

Hundai shakes her head, "No, we must go now!"

?: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Nothing to see here


Male Nagaji Ex-Druid (Naga Aspirant) 6 | HP 44/45 | AC:21 T:13 Fl:19 | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F +8 R +5 W +10 | Init +2 | Perc: +15 Sense Motive +13 | Wild Shape 2/2
Spells:
2nd Aggressive Thundercloud, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Animal Trance (D) | 3rd Dispel Magic, Resist Energy Communal, Greater Magic Fang (D)
Current Effects:
Mage Armor

"It only took one spell," Sevak comments, with a sigh. "A single fireball in the wrong place."

He gazes out over the barge again, an idea forming in his mind. "Even the night watch has likely been awakened to fight the fire... they will be tired and inattentive during their watch, if this is so, yes? And if they are human, Paq and I would have the advantage in the darkness. Then I would have time to rest and regain my magic, but we might still have the advantage of fatigued enemies... though we would have to work quickly before the others awakened," he admits.

He thinks a bit more. "Hundai, could you simply lead me into Zai's presence unquestioned, or would his guards object?"

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,284 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Uncoiled Ambition- Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.